Simply Filling/Core - Core/simply Filling Weekly Chat July 23-30, 2012

ontarget
07-23-2012, 09:25 AM
New pages.

Pam, your quilt is beautiful. Thank you for showing it to us. I make the 3-2-1 cake. Right now I'm down to the bottom of my cake mixture and I think there's a little more angel food than white. The last one I made was weird. I'm going to get more cake mixes when I go to the store next. Thank you for thinking of me.

Bob is here to clean flowerbeds and weed eat. We're readying for another day at home.

Pam, your mil's illness has to be hard on all of you. Bless her heart. That has to be panicky for her.

Tomorrow I'll go to WW. So far it's looking like a maintain. I think that's good considering all that's going on around here. Maybe I will start moving that needle down on the scale next week.

Ya'll have a good day.

beach bum
07-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Sorry for being MIA again,after Mass and Brunch I sat down and rested,later on in the afternoon I met Mary and her daughter at Eli's restaurant.Ate again too much.Will will I ever learn.

Nothing really new, my DD & her family went to Ireland this morning.Going to be there for 10 days. Once she get back,if she doesn't have to much to do with the unpacking and laundering she might come up to me at the end of the month if not she she'll be up when the kids get a holiday from school.

SANDRA-Thanks for the new pages,best of luck for your W-I at WW tomorrow.

ontarget
07-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Maryann, I don't think we ever really conquer our eating problems. I think they are lying just below the surface and come back every now and then to bite us.

pam920
07-23-2012, 04:07 PM
I didn't realize it was a new week. Let me share my quilt link again, for those that will miss it in the old thread.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pam920/7629392070/

Maryann, it's doesn't seem fair that now that we are older, we have to watch every bite we take. I think when you hit 60, you should be able to eat as much as often, and whatever you want. Sounds good to me.

Sandra, I made the 321 cake the other night in my ramekin and it boiled over while in the microwave. Never did that before. I guess I need to mix mine around again before i use it again. I am making my grandsons these fake ice cream sandwiches. I am using devils food cake, plain yogurt and light cool whip. Mix and sandwich between grahams. Freeze for at least 1 hr. The last ones I made were a big hit with them. A little too sweet for me, so this time I bought sugar free cake mix.

Itryharder
07-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi Gals,
Pam, I used your link and saw your quilt. REally beautiful. Lovely.

Judy
Good luck to all!

Tejas
07-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Pam, the quilt is lovely. I've never tried quilting, but other family members do it.

Surgery was July 6, Sandra. The sprain was late May. I'm healing well, according to doc. The pain is more from swelling and the fact that the leg has been giving me fits all year. I hope Curtis is feeling OK today. It's tough with the meds, and tough without them.

Overeating dogs us all Maryann.

Nothing much happening here.

ontarget
07-23-2012, 07:11 PM
I agree with Pam. After 60 we should get a free pass and calories shouldn't even add up.

Rhonda, are you going to have to have something done about your leg pain?

Pam, thank you for the "sandwich" idea. It sounds good.

Curtis is feeling better today. Yesterday was a bad day topped off with post surgical depression. Who'da thought Monday would be a better day? Glad it is.

pam920
07-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Sandra, that is common to have depression after surgery. I know after I was diagnosed with heart disease and had my stent put in, I went through a rough patch. Glad Curtis is doing better today.

Rhonda, it seems like forever you have been dealing with your foot. I miss hearing about all your exercising and dancing. I hope things start to look up for you soon.

Thank you Judy. How are you doing on core?

Sandra, I made the sandwiches today for the boys. I had too much cake mix and after I used all the graham crackers, I used what was left this way...I have one of those mini cupcake pans. I put a spoonful into each and a bit of cool whip and froze them and the boys loved them more than the sandwiches. So, next time I'm going to just make the mini cupcakes.

Tejas
07-23-2012, 11:28 PM
So, here's more about my foot! :lol: Tonight I got to wash it for the first time since July 6th. That felt sooo good!!!

Sandra, I'm hoping that the various leg ailments have been related to the need to have foot surgery and that all is going to be well as soon as this is over. I mean, why not!?

I went to the gym and did upper body work. I've got great biceps! Bu, no tap dancing stories for a while. We've taken July off anyway.

ontarget
07-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Rhonda, it's good to hear you're clean and exercising. Way to go, Cuz!

Pam, the mini cakes sound good. (And easier)

I went to WW this morning and am down 2.2 lbs!!!! This afternoon I'm meeting a couple of friends to fling some arrows at a local shop. Curtis is napping now but is planning to go with me. Life is good.

Tejas
07-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Sandra :woohoo:

ontarget
07-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks, Rhonda. I was thinking that, too. :lol: A friend is bringing us dinner. She's doing Atkins now. I think she's bringing roast and salad. I'm looking forward to it and to sitting on the front porch with her.

pam920
07-25-2012, 12:01 AM
wtg Sandra. Amazing loss this week. I won't be around tomorrow. Going shopping with my daughter.

ontarget
07-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Good morning. We're up and about. I have already watered and we've had our walk. Looks like we'll be going to visit the new archery shop folks this morning. We'll visit them at their present location. The new one's scheduled to open the first. I had a Fiber One Brownie for bfast along with some cantaloupe. 2 pts.

Pam, have fun shopping.

Vickie, how's Brodie?

Tejas
07-25-2012, 10:42 AM
For the first time in 2 months I slept for 6 straight hours. That felt really good.

I'm starting a no-wheat approach to eating for a month and see what that does. I'm also going back to no-sugar-added approach, except for this: I'm sharing a hot fudge sundae with DH once a week. Life's too short.

I hope you all have a great day.

ontarget
07-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Rhonda, I'm enjoying those hot fudge sundaes during this lifetime, too. Have you been tickling the ivories lately?

Tejas
07-25-2012, 03:07 PM
No, not playing the piano yet. I am honesty just sitting in the recliner when I'm not up. I would want to have my foot up and that's not possible with the piano bench...No more than 15 minutes at a time to sit with foot down.

:yawn:

ontarget
07-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Rhonda, we're going nuts here, too, and we haven't been dealing with "healing" as long as you have. Take care. We'll do the same.

Tejas
07-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Good luck there Sandra.

I had a meting today and totally forgot about no wheat and ate a sandwich! Oh well, I turned down DH's offer of sherbet later in the day and did pretty well with food all day.

Tejas
07-26-2012, 03:47 PM
yoo hoo..anybody there?

ontarget
07-26-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm here. I went for a pedicure this morning. This afternoon we went to Braum's. This time I got a frozen soft-serve vanilla yogurt. (dipped in chocolate and topped with nuts) I am figuring 14 pts but am not sure. Anyone know how many points for this?

Rhonda, what flavor sherbert? Bet you didn't expect that question, did you?

Tejas
07-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Sandra, we have orange and raspberry sherbet. I didn't have any today either, and have done very well with food. The frozen yogurt sounds good.

I also went to the gym to do upper body work, some core work and squats.

I saw the doctor today and I still have to wear the boot, but can transition into the post-op shoe over two weeks. After that, I transition into a real shoe over the next two weeks. So, another month basically. But, I'm healing well and have good range of motion in the toe.

We just watched Water for Elephants--great story.

sloanie
07-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Mornin' y'all! I am still here, just busy getting my last summer stuff done. I have not worked in the hoarder room lately, but I have canned cucumber relish and tomato chutney with tomatoes from my plants! Every summer, I try to get a few projects done, and I still have a couple of things I want to get finished. Next week I will be at school on Tues, Thurs, and Friday, and then next Monday is our first full day of class :( Hope all of you are doing well. When the school routine is under way, I will be here more often. Have a great day, chicks!

Vickie
07-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Just wanted to stop in and wish you all well and to let you know that we are alive and well. We are, however, consumed with out Brodie issues. Since he had his second episode last Friday, it has been all about Brodie. He's had intensive testing and will be seeing a specialty Wellness Holistic Vet next Tuesday.

My eating is.....well....not stellar. I'm trying to keep the portions of really bad things small.

I'm VERY proud of all of you!

beach bum
07-27-2012, 01:27 PM

I'm Back,sorry for be MIA for several days,nothing wrong just busy. Tied up in telephone calls & had my hair cut in the morning and went out with Rita to Papa Gino's and stayed there until 5:30. Wed I was busy doing some other things. My DD is having a wonderful time in Ireland. She sent me a picture of Leo's grandfathers farm some where in the free state that he owned. Don't know if Leo knew about it as he never mentioned it to me.

After I post I have to take a trip up to Walmart,to duplicate other Medjugorji photos,for another friend.

Got my hedges finally cut and I grateful that my handyman did make time for me to get them done. My Toyota is Ok for the next 3 month or mileage what ever come first.

Oh I got a hair cut and styled yesterday morning.

Don't have time to look over your post for the last couple of day,but I promise I'll be around tomorrow afternoon.

Have a great day

ontarget
07-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Vickie, I am so sorry to hear about Brodie. I know you and Jim must be totally stressed now. Have you found out yet what's causing his problems? I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Don't let this get you down. Same for Jim.

Rhonda, I'm glad you're on the mend and are also easing back into your routine. I'm having a heck of a time holding Curtis down. He's wanting to run and play. Well, really, he's wanting to drive and also ride the mower.

Sloan, summer's really flown by, hasn't it? I can feel your pride in your post about canning using what you've grown. That's a special feeling, isn't it? I remember making preserves for the first time. That was back in Montana with apricots from our trees in our yard. Felt soooooo good. Now we're making stuff with jalapenos, tomatoes, corn on the cob, and black beans. We also have watermelon and cantaloupe. Just call me "Ma Kettle."

I'm making a strawberrycycle cake. (Named it after the orange dreamcycle cake). What I'm also doing differently is I cut the recipe in 1/2 and am just making 1/2 a cake. I think that'll work well for the 2 of us. 8 servings @ 4 pts each as opposed to 16 servings @ 4 pts each. I'm thinking the most I'll get is 4 servings before the cake is gone. :lol: :hungry:

Maryann, is your avatar photo showing your new hairstyle? I took a peek at it just in case. Looks good whether it's your new style or former one.

Nancy and Jackie, :wave:

Do ya'll have plans for this weekend? We're thinking of driving out to a local tournament Sunday. Don't know if we'll stay for me to shoot (2 hours at least) of if we'll head on to church. There's a potluck at church, but neither of us really wants to go this time. No particular reason. We're just thinking of going out to eat with Boots and Judy if they want to skip, too. (This potluck is sandwiches.) If we go, I'll prob make a dreamcycle cake using pistachio pudding and maybe pineapple jello. Is there such a thing as pineapple jello? If not, I'll use lemon.

Rambling. Time to go. Love you!

Tejas
07-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Why can't I find the Olympics on TV???? Just getting reports, but not the show!

ontarget
07-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Opening ceremonies are on NBC right now. Started @ 6:30. MSNBC is supposed to have live stuff. I guess that'll start tomorrow--but we don't get MSNBC.

ontarget
07-28-2012, 10:30 AM
I can't remember. What's the prize I get for last/first? Where is everybody? I hope you're out there having a fun weekend. We're heading in to the archery shop as soon as it opens at 10.

Can't watch the archery live since we don't have MSNBC. Bummer! I'm keeping up on Facebook and USA Archery best I can. USA ranked high for both men and women yesterday. Men's team is competing this afternoon against Japan in the quarterfinals. Women's Teams compete tomorrow. That's all I know except Korea has killer teams both men and women.

Vickie
07-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Brodie seems ok for the moment so Jim and I are going to go see if we can buy a new treadmill. We also have several errands to run, including stuff to prepare to file the insurance claim for the pet visits. I'm praying they pay some since this is going to get very expensive. We adore Brodie though so we think it's worth it.

Eating is just so so. I need that treadmill to work out my stress.

Rhonda, glad you're continuing to heal. Sandra, how is Curtis?

beach bum
07-28-2012, 11:40 AM

I told you I'd be back,didn't go down to the beach as it looks cloudy and hopefully it will rain.My friend Mary became a great grandma this week so I went out and bought her a picture frame that you can put a total of 5 photos for the first year of life. Don't know if we will be going out to the movies this week as the theaters haven't changed the movies for the week. The only one I see on the computer is a movie The Watch with Ben Stiller playing in another town from us.

Got on the scale this morning and I maintained this week.It looks like I following a weight loss pattern this month. I see that I 'm losing for two weeks and than maintain for the other two.

SANDRA- Thanks,Yes the avatar is new showing my new hair cut,going back in Sept for a trim.

RHONDA-Hope you got to see some of the Opening Ceremony.I could only stay up until 11 PM watching the opening ceremonies,as my eye were closing,can't remember what country passed by when I turned the TV off.

VICKIE-Good Luck in buy a new treadmill. I have on the basement but never use it as its a manual one and its hard to walk on it. I use my bike instead ,but the last couple of months I got lazy. Best of every for your Brodie,I have 2 friends that have aging dogs and they are both stressed on there condition.

Have to start my dinner have a great day

ontarget
07-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Vickie, Curtis had problems sleeping last night so he's napping now. Other than that, he's doing well. I'm glad Brodie is better. Good luck on the insurance. I hope they pay.

Maryann, I like your new style. Looks good.

We had lo for lunch. I prob gave them more points than they needed, but that's all right. I need a nap.

Tejas
07-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Glad to hear that Brodie is OK, and hopefully that lasts. Good luck on the insurance.

I like the new haircut Maryann.

Sloan, at least you're busy :)

I hope Curtis got his nap, Sandra. Sleep is restorative. I didn't get enough last night either. I'm really sorry that you can't get the archery. I'm about to go turn on the tv and watch for a while.

I just made an interesting drink. To some tomato soup I added reduced sugar orange juice, red pepper, zucchini, parsley and put it in the food processor. I drank it, but it could have been warmed up for soup....very tasty and got a lot of veggie points! (so much for no added sugar, but it is reduced)

We are having a heat wave in Texas right now, but who notices? I'm on the screened-in porch with two fans moving the hot air around. No, actually, it's quite reasonable out here in the shade. :lol:

ontarget
07-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Our porch is cool enough, too. I sit out there quite a bit during the day and evening. We haven't even been using our ceiling fans much out there.

Just a few minutes ago we got to watch a roadrunner. He goggled quite a few grasshoppers. Yay for him!! He can have more if he wants.

Rhonda, your drink sounds interesting. I had some Crystal Lite Raspberry Ice with a little Splenda added. It was good, too.

For dinner we had some potatoes/bell pepper/onion with just a little sausage and gravy. I know. Decadent. My bad. I don't think what I had was very many points, though. I'm figuring 8. The gravy I use is from a dry mix. (Pioneer Country Gravy). I do add 1/2 c milk along with 1.5 c water instead of 2 c water. Makes it creamier and just adds 2 pts to the whole thing.

USA men's archery team got silver 1 pt behind Italy's gold. Yay USA!

Jackie W
07-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi everyone!!!!

I have been busy. My dad came into town so I was spending time with him. I have also been working A LOT. 28 hours of overtime in two weeks.

I have been eating so much. Cooking or going out to eat with my dad. Then taking my son out for his 18th birthday.

So, Monday I'm getting back to it.

Have a great week!!!!

Tejas
07-29-2012, 10:02 AM
OOh Sandra. I'm coming to your house for dinner. DH can't eat peppers and I LOVE them. Did you know that the Pioneer mills are here in Denton?

Today I have responsibility for the church service , based on a book about immigration. Then we are going to a nearby town to see a little extended family girl in a play, based on Ariel. She is the daughter of my great-niece's fiance, and is 4 year-old ham destined for center stage somewhere.

Vickie
07-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Here's to a better day. That's all I'm saying.

beach bum
07-29-2012, 01:06 PM

Had a good thunder storm last night and a great amount of rainfall for the grass & other plants. Now the sun is out but the temps are low in the 70"s.

Mary and I were going to see The Watch,but after seeing the reviews I don't think I want to see it. So we might go to Eli's for dinner around 5 PM instead.
Dee did you see this movie???????

SANDRA-Thanks, I always like they way the the owner of the shop styles my hair even when washing the do out I still can style it myself as she knows how to cut the hair properly my friend Mary goes to her now.

RHONDA-Thanks, your tomato soup drinks sound interesting. I like to experiment with different flavors in my foods & drinks also.

JACKIE-We all go though that when company comes. It happened to me last month,but this month I was lucky to lose 2 lbs for July.

VICKIE-:wave: Have a good Sunday anyway.

Have a great day

ontarget
07-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Rhonda, I didn't know that Doyle didn't like peppers. What's wrong with that boy? :lol: Your day sounds good. Enjoy!

I have the sprinkler on the pepper plants now. Wanting to have more peppers this summer. We went out to the local archery shoot to visit a little this morning before heading to church. After church we met friends for lunch. They didn't want to do the potluck either. Now I'm watering trying not to bake anything sweet. Life goes on.

Vickie, :hug:

Jackie, sounds like you've had a fun yet workfilled week. Glad your dad came to visit. Wish I could visit with mine again. Enjoy yours. Makes me smile to think of you two visiting.

Maryann, I haven't seen that movie. Don't know anything about it. Wish I could help.

Okay, I'm heading outside to move the sprinklers. Ya'll keep cool and have a good day.

Vickie
07-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I was on program yesterday. The problem is that I don't seem to be able to string too many days together in a row. Oh well, one step at a time.

Today I'm going for a cut and color and some much needed pampering. Tomorrow is Brodie's visit with his holistic Vet and I'm very much looking forward to our time with her. I hope she can figure out what is up with him. Our new treadmill arrives on Wednesday and I'm going to try to walk. We'll see if the heel holds up.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

beach bum
07-30-2012, 11:30 AM

Just got back from walking along the beach for 20 mins. now I making 3 bean salad for my dinner today. Have to buy more Ink and computer paper for my printer,so off to walmart this afternoon.

SANDRA-The movie The Watch was nothing worth to see according it a woman on another web site I post to,so I glad I didn't see it.

VICKIE-Hope they will find what wrong with Brody and they can heal it either with meds. or other procedures. Went walking today along our beach for 20 mins hoping to use my long waited bike ride today while watching TV.

Have a great day

Tejas
07-30-2012, 05:15 PM
OK. Normally we start a new week on Monday. I guess we're changing that?

ontarget
07-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Rhonda, I don't know if we're changing or not, but here I am. :lol:

Just got home from taking the grands swimming. We had a good time and definitely got our share of sun. It's 100+ out there now.

Vickie, I got off program yesterday and am still rambling around in a stupor. My nerves are shot. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Talked to my brother. He is definitely having the amputation. I may need to come here to talk quite a bit as he's reminding me not to let folks "back home" know about it. I want to talk to our minister and get him on the prayer list but looks like that's out of the question.

Maryann, I imagine you enjoyed your walk along the beach. Do you look for sand dollars? Shells? You prob have quite a collection.

Curtis is napping. I'm sunburned. It's cool inside. Life is good.

Vickie
07-31-2012, 09:28 AM
My fault, Rhonda. I forgot. We can start it now! I'm getting ready for Brodie's Specialist visit or I'd do it myself.

beach bum
07-31-2012, 02:09 PM
HI Ladies:)

Nothing new,except Rita and I are going to MV on Thursday. We found out that the trolley and the steamship don't have the same schedules so now we have to move things around in order to meet both transportation.We have to meet the 9:35 trolley to catch the 10:45 steamship,and get over to MV for dinner and than walk around a little before we have to get back on either the 2:30 ship to meet the 3 or the 5 to meet the 5:30.

SANDRA-When I say I walk along the beach,its not in the sand but on the road that runs along the beach.Sorry no sand dollars or shells.

VICKIE-I don't see any new thread here,but if I come back today and see a new one on the board I will change my post to the new week.

Have to go,have a nice day

nancy237
08-01-2012, 12:34 AM
You guys have me dizzy :dizzy:
Just kidding.
OK. Normally we start a new week on Monday. I guess we're changing that?

Rhonda, I don't know if we're changing or not, but here I am. :lol:

My fault, Rhonda. I forgot. We can start it now! I'm getting ready for Brodie's Specialist visit or I'd do it myself.

VICKIE-I don't see any new thread here,but if I come back today and see a new one on the board I will change my post to the new week.

New Pages...

So, beginning today, we'll do Monday-Monday. Why Not?

Maybe you could move your posts here if you want and you posted today.

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages.

..I have been super buzy with company, travel,
realtor & handyman. My realtor thinks the house will sell if I list by Sept ..
So this month is final touches..We are doing a preinspection on Monday to
find out ahead of time things I can fix. I am peeping in to keep up even if I am not posting. Eating has slipped ..going shopping tomorrow for fresh food.
Rhonda, are you doing gluten free?? How is that going.
Vickie, Wishing Brodie a quick recovery..
Maryann..wish I lived near you to do all that fun stuff..
Sandra..so sorry about your brother, is a date set..
Jackie..glad you had time with your dad..eating out is what gets me too