Old 07-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179.5/161.5/135

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Question Does anyone else get these thoughts???

Hi There,
Just curious if anyone gets these thoughts or feelings?

At times when my mind wonders or I start to worry or frett..I get thoughts that in my next weight in - I will have no weight change or change in inches... and that no matter what I do the fat just won't budge.

I hate when these thoughts show up... it makes me feel like quitting. So far I haven't cheated or given up... but can't stand it when I get the negative thougths in my head.

Any one else get these?

I am trying to talk positively to myself but it sure is hard at times...
Luba
Luba123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #2  
lcmd09

S/C/G: 223/172/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luba123 View Post
Hi There,

At times when my mind wonders or I start to worry or frett..I get thoughts that in my next weight in - I will have no weight change or change in inches... and that no matter what I do the fat just won't budge.

I hate when these thoughts show up... it makes me feel like quitting. So far I haven't cheated or given up... but can't stand it when I get the negative thougths in my head.

Any one else get these?

Luba
I get those thoughts all the time too! And it's daunting to see all the people on here with huge losses....I lost 6 on my first WI, but it seemed small compared to many of the folks on here. But then I reminded myself that 6lbs in 6 days was WAY better results than I was getting with calorie counting and WW, both of which worked better for me when I was younger than now.

As far as my history of dieting, if the diet exists, I've likely done it--some with success, but all with eventual regaining of the weight. I don't know if that is your background, but it's mine and is part of why I tend to get those thoughts...it's tough to hope to lose the amount I'd like to.

So think of it in smaller increments--that's why so many folks on here have their tickers with dancing characters for each 5 lbs lost. Because each is a victory!

You'll get there. And even if the scale or the tape measure don't show you what you want, I can virtually guarantee that your blood pressure and cholesterol levels are likely happier. Just getting to 10% loss of total body weight tends to show an improvement in those

So tell those nasty thoughts to go away. No room for haters, even if they live only in your thoughts .
lcmd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #3  

I really had myself freaked out last week because I just felt very puffy and out of sorts, but when it came time to weigh in I was down 3 pounds! I kept thinking what if I don't lose, what will I do? Yes, it would be a bummer but the time is going to keep going by no matter what happens and I figure I might as well make the best of it and try to keep the faith!
I got a pretty bad sunburn yesterday at Summerfest and am retaining water like crazy but I stayed completely on plan and had an amazing day with my family so if the scale is less than kind to me this week then I will kick it's booty next week!!
Just remember you can do this!!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #4  

Icmd09
When you stated about the other diets you have been on ... I'm sure that is exactly why I get those thoughts. In the past I've tried various..WW, Jenny Craig, Atkins, calorie counting, good carb bad carb, ... the list can go on and on... and I've dieted my way up to this weight... along with stress eating, poor coping mechanisms..and a hearty appetite.

It is encouraging to see so many people reach their goals and stay in maintenance on this site and even on the IP plan.

Good luck and hope you have happy thoughts
Old 07-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #5  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

I have those days, quite frequently. It's terrible! Stress isn't good for you, though... so try not to worry about losing the weight. It WILL come off if you're on protocol, trust it and flow down the weight loss river with ease. It'll get better once you lose more weight. Don't think about quitting! Quitting wouldn't do you any good, be 100% committed and you'll have great success.
Meagan240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #6  

Meagan, love what you wrote "flow down the weight loss river with ease"

Mightbe - as you stated "time is going to keep going by no matter what happens" is exactly part of my positive talk - "I could do anything for 100 days + and the time will go by no matter what".

Thanks for your thoughts and support, its good to know I'm not the only one with deamon thoughts....
Luba
Old 07-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #7  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

Meagan240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #8  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

I do indeed have these thoughts. I am much as lcmd09 describes most every diet has been tired by myself. Something that has helped me settle into this new eating habit was drawing out a plan (excel tracking and graphs, dates, weights, etc), and setting goals or milestones to see and acknowledge that this program is working, that the effort is worth it, that I am worth it. So, when I have those weeks, where I have little or no loss I can clearly look back at where I was and see the future and I have a plan on how I will get to goal. (gosh sorry Buzz Light-Year .. "and beyond! came to mind though it's true the other phases are "beyond" at this point but I fully intend to do them)

I should add small start and progress photos on that document - that will be motivating as well.
Barb
Halfagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #9  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

I sometimes start thinking that when I reach Phase 4 I won't be able to keep the weight off and that'll I'll gain all the weight back ugh I hate thinking that.
paulimapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #10  
On IP Since 5/25/12

S/C/G: 174/156/130

I have those thoughts every week. Seriously, you aren't alone. Keep at it, and you will get there.
shesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #11  
UnwritteN

S/C/G: 273/251.6/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
I sometimes start thinking that when I reach Phase 4 I won't be able to keep the weight off and that'll I'll gain all the weight back ugh I hate thinking that.
I get this same thought too! I just keep telling myself that it's a lifestyle change and that, after eating like this to get all of the weight off, I won't WANT to go back to eating the way that I used to.

I found myself really excited to begin this plan but always had the nagging thought of "What if I fail?". When I would have those thoughts though, I just told myself that failing is NOT an option. I have to do this to be healthy, keep my diabetes under control and teach my twin 2 1/2 year olds the right way to eat. I worry about them possibly going through the same thing that I went through when I was younger as far as constantly being teased about my weight. Plus, my mom and sister are both on the program and have almost reached their goal weights. They, as well as everyone on here, are inspirations!

Keep your head up and take it one day at a time. You'll succeed!
UnwritteN223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #12  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

oh me too.. i was thinking this today..thinking how fat i felt and how i dont see a change and how im afraid to step on the scale and see no loss for all my hard work!!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #13  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Quote:
I used to have these worries, but this forum has helped. There are many posts where people are freaking out because they haven't had any weight loss in a week, then BAM, they WI and have a 5 1/2 lb loss. So, it happens, our bodies sort of stall out. I just keep telling myself that this will be happening to me also, so when it does, I'll just stay excited to see how long until my next loss.

Hang in there.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #14  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Height: 5'7"

For me, my "scary thought" is that once I start doing well and losing a decent amount of weight, that I will start to do "little cheats" -- just like I have always done in the past. I have a habit of self sabotage on any diet that I've ever done. I think I get too confident and almost braggart like, and then I convince myself that I can cheat a little and I will still be in control....WRONG.

It's different this time. It's felt different since the start. And I have a close friend that I must report to on a daily basis, for accountability, since I am not doing this through a coach. I think that is making a big difference. She encourages me, prays for me and is my check-point for staying on plan.

You can do this; we all can. Courage peeps, courage!
PhoenixRisingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Hi There,

Any one else get these?

Luba
Negative thoughts can really impair anyone's daily life...whether it's this diet or a bad life experience. So, treat them the same. One thing is called mindfulness. Check it out online. You can learn ways to stop those negative thoughts.

Just know this diet does work so regardless of all your worrying and even if you have a stall as long as you stick with it it will work. But I think you know that...

We all have those worries...I use to read or watch my favorite show (I'm a tv addict).

Be well and keep your chin up, up!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote