Old 07-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Whine and [fat-free] cheese party.

I live out in the boonies, in the desert, and it is HOT here. We are used to it; we know how to cope, yada yada yada. Well, the last few days it has been humid. We don't do humid well at all. Last night, at 9pm it was 95 degrees. It is supposed to be 107* today and it is overcast. Our evaporative cooling is pretty useless under these conditions.

DH and I went out for a brief walk around our property early this morning and it was just too hot to stay out, so the heat and humidity is cutting into my walking time and it is even too hot inside to do anything.

I am doing well with my eating - staying under 1200 calories 90% of the time and never over 1500. I am not loosing much, but I think my body is retaining water due to the heat. I am drinking lots of water, but it's hard to keep up.

Anyway, [/]useless weather complaints....Thanks for listening.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

GAIL ~ cute title; made me laugh! I really feel sorry for you folks down there. I can't take the humidity either; that always bothers me more than the heat. We put on our portable A/C the last day it was in the 90's here too; it hardly brought the temps down much but it did de-humidify the place to make it more bearable. I told DH that next time, maybe we should just put on the dehumidifier first.

This house does stay pretty cool as long as doesn't go up into the 90's; then you have to do something. It says it is about 77 F in here, but with the fans on, it feels cooler than that. If our temps stay in the 70's & 80's with low humidity, we'll be OK.

DH says the basement is cooler as well. Do you have one? I will continue my ^prayers^ -- that these really temps move out, or that you'll get some relief for a while at least.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #3  

I was in Huron County, ON, last October. It was cold and windy. That gigantic lake Huron looked like a witch's cauldron. Never have I seen the Pacific Ocean looking that menacing! A couple of folks said that it was unseasonably cold. I guess...We went to Goderich and saw all the hurricane damage that was done earlier in the year. Sounds like I am never happy with the weather!
Old 07-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey gail,

Sorry you've got hot AND humid going on. We get humid here, and it sucks. I have no scientific proof, but I think you retain more in humid weather. Sounds odd, but try drinking more water. Try to stay cool!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #5  

I'm guzzling H2O! Came to work this am in hopes of enjoying the AC and it was not working. Hot hot hot. The tech has been here and has it back up for the time being. Sounds like it needs major repair or replacement. It'll be a cold day in He!! when they replace it, and anyway by that time we won't need it.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #6  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi Gail! Down here in Georgia heat and humidity go hand in hand (unfortunately). It was like a sauna this evening! We get these afternoon thunderstorms that last for about a half hour and make the afternoon so nasty! Dry heat's much more bearable than humid heat. So I truly understand how annoyed you are with the weather right now.
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #7  

I am also very spoiled with our dry heat. I've been to Georgia. It's is a beautiful state. I love how the trees come right up to the edge of the freeway and you'd never know there was a city right behind the trees. I also know that it is humid there!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 8"

Gail - do you have a/c at home? If so then walk in your house! I hardly ever sit and watch tv anymore, I sit enough while on the computer! I am either on the elliptical or walking in circles in the living room.

Last edited by envelope; 07-23-2012 at 10:56 PM.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #9  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

There's currently an 80% humidity rate where I am making the weather feel 10 degrees hotter (94 somehow doesn't seem like it would feel as bad during the day, but it's 11 pm!), so I feel your pain. Make sure you drink lots if you're sweating...throw in a gatorade or some apple juice too to keep your electrolytes up.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote