Old 07-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5"6

Default New To IP and Fat Chicks On A Diet!

Hello everyone, I'm brand spanking new to IP (and to this forum). I'm on Day 2!! Omgsh, this morning started hellishly... I was racked with a STRANGE headache that didn't go away until I took advil, but it's still lingering a bit. I have a friend in this program, Sarah, who told me about this forum and told me that the first week was hellish... so I'm READY. Here's what I dealt with so far:

Day 1 -

* My bosses took me out for breakfast. While they ate eggs and bacon and yummy looking hashbrowns... I had already eaten my breakfast drink so had to watch with a glass of water at the ready. I passed my first test!
* My boss brought in peach cheesecake for someone's birthday. I had to turn away and walk out the door and resist watching everyone eat it. Terrible!! But I made it!! I told myself I was -ready- for a change and that I was TOO big to be comfortable in my own skin anymore..
* Someone brought in juicey looking chew candies and offered me one. I would've normally taken a whole hand full back to my desk... I literally RAN from her. She just looked at me oddly and shrugged then went back to her office.
* My boss was telling me just to have a little piece of the pie, but my co-worker, bless her heart, said "Don't Undermind her!" Mostly by then, everyone has been informed of my diet so they don't stick garbage under my nose!!
* My sister called and told me about the huge 'get together' she's hosting in three weeks. I told her about the IP plan I was on and regardless she insisted that I should be ready to party and claimed that a glass of wine or two wouldn't hurt... I know the difference, especially if your body has to feel as bad as I do now to get back onto plan!!

What did I eat? I had a nice spinach salad with alpha alpha sprouts and cucumber in it, lots of lettuce, and topped with lemon-red pepper dressing I made myself. Also for dinner I had green/red/orange/yellow bell peppers with zuchinni and eggs.

Day 2 .. Current!!

There's been no obvious signs of 'food tests' put in front of me, but I did get that wicked headache and I feel so hungry... A girl here suggested I bring more veggies to nibble on throughout the day... So I'll do that next week. Other than that, I'm so looking forward to eating lunch... But what's more? Yes... I want to get to my first weigh in and do a happy dance.

I've tried herbal magic and that didn't work because I couldnt' be bothered to measure everything... and I mean... EVERYTHING.

I'm already drinking 3L of water... so I hope that's not terrible save for running to the bathroom every 10 minutes...

My dad did this, my stepmom did this program.. my friend's on it.. I KNOW I can do it too. Cheer me on! Glad to be on this program, I want to be a healthy weight again!!

Question? How do you all get that nifty little scale at the bottom of your signatures?
LurkingSalvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #2  

Hi and welcome!

Make sure you are getting your salt, it really does help with the headaches and hot tea is great for beating cravings!
To get the ticker you need to be on 3FC for 20 days and have at least 20 posts.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/145/145

Height: 5'6.5

Hi Everyone! I am also a first time poster, though I have been lurking for about 2 weeks. Started my IP journey on July 4th (a Wednesday) immediately after returning home from a holiday back home in Ontario. I have lost 8.4 pounds in two weeks and two days. Have pretty much settled into the eating routine and have found some favourite IP foods and some not so favourite! This board has been a life saver for me thus far and completely inspirational as well. I have 50 pounds to lose and will not quit until I reach my goal - just hoping my goal is met without much delay! No beer during these hot summer months has been tough, but I am hanging in there.
niks42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #4  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! Hang tough! The first week is the hardest...maybe that's not such a bad thing...you won't be tempted to cheat and have to start the whole process over again.

Make sure you use the salt. I wasn't a big salt person, but it really helps with headaches even as you are further into the program.

This is a wonderful support forum, plus you have the great personal examples of friends and relatives who have successfully worked the program. Read all the tips (stickies) that are at the top of the page. Very useful information.
justbecause53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!! The first day is definitely the hardest ... and since you have made it through that already it can only get easier Seriously the longer you are on program the easier it is to resist all of the temptations that are in front of you. Part of it is because you go into ketosis which all but eliminates the cravings but I a lot of it too is that once you see IP working you trust the program and don't WANT to cheat. I am with you I have tried EVERY diet out there ... and started IP at about the same point. As of this week (less then 3 months into it) I am more than half way to goal ... and I keep telling myself if I can get half way once I certainly can do it twice !!

Good luck !!!! This forum is awesome support and full of information!!!
Cole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5"6

Talking

Thank you everyone for the welcome!! I will surely take the advice that is offered, no doubt about that. I need the support. I've tried many things in my life and I just got sick of being a fatty. I've been a fatty since I was a kid but looking back, I was never really that big, I just thought I was. So I definitely don't want to cheat! But I do think my body is going through the sugar withdrawl which has caused the headaches. I keep drinking water like crazy to see if that helps. And CONGRATs to all of you that HAVE proven this IP works!! I'm excited to have an 'AFTER' picture taken. I will get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
Welcome!! The first day is definitely the hardest ... and since you have made it through that already it can only get easier Seriously the longer you are on program the easier it is to resist all of the temptations that are in front of you. Part of it is because you go into ketosis which all but eliminates the cravings but I a lot of it too is that once you see IP working you trust the program and don't WANT to cheat. I am with you I have tried EVERY diet out there ... and started IP at about the same point. As of this week (less then 3 months into it) I am more than half way to goal ... and I keep telling myself if I can get half way once I certainly can do it twice !!

Good luck !!!! This forum is awesome support and full of information!!!
LurkingSalvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to those of you starting and those who have stuck with it. I have been on IP for 6 weeks, lost 27lbs. The results definitely keep me sticking with it no matter what temptations come my way. It's so worth it. I have 73lbs to go, but not even worried that it won't happen. I enjoy reading the posts, and appreciate all the wisdom of those who have been doing this a while. Thanks!
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote