Weight Loss Support - Going out to lunch with friends

View Full Version : Going out to lunch with friends

Unicorn67
07-20-2012, 11:37 AM
So every summer I get together for our annual "3 hour lunch" with some friends I used to work with. Although we are in a small town, our lunch hours never match until summer time so we make the best of it.

I have looked at the menu for the restaurant we are going to and I am having the chef salad with no dressing. And I'm only drinking water.

I've now put it in writing so there is no temptation to do something different once I get there:^:

LockItUp
07-20-2012, 11:47 AM
That's a good plan! I try to do the same when going out to a restaurant. It helps!

sept2012
07-20-2012, 01:07 PM
That is a great idea. I had a dilema today that caused me to have to participate in a work lunch outside of the office. I was stressing out before I got there but then I recalled this place grills their buffalo wings and they had veggies. So I had grilled wings with a half of a sweet potato. The ranch they brought I pushed aside. This was the first time in 2 weeks I have eaten in a restuarant and it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. wew!

MOLE
07-20-2012, 02:31 PM
I love a good salad, but HAVE to have my dressing! You should bring your own dressing....When I go out I carry a bottle of that WISHBONE spray salad dressing in my bag--it has 10 calories for 10 sprays, 1 fat, and 1 carb.--10 sprays go a LOOOONG way and it is VERY good....! I was a TEENY bit embarassed the first few times I was out with friends and started spraying my salad but it's second nature now!

Unicorn67
07-20-2012, 04:24 PM
It went great. I had the salad and asked them not to put the ham in cause they use real turkey in the salad but processed ham. They did have a low fat dressing option so I used a quarter of what they gave me. One of my friends had skor bar cheesecake for dessert and I wasn't even tempted. And the salad came with garlic bread which I didn't eat.