Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 06:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 07/19/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 07-19-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #2  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Good morning! Awake super early because we have a work retreat today in Chicago. I made a delicious breakfast to start the day! Cappuccino smoothie and cereal pancakes make for plentiful breakfast!

Stay cool and OP.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!

Looks a bit overcast here - hope it rains because we really need it. Am still getting up early even though the house is done, because I have been hiking in the woods across the road every morning, and if I get in there by 7 and out by 8, the heat is not so oppressive and I can actually enjoy myself. Oh how I love the woods...

Have also been making frozen shakes with either an IP pudding or my own soy powder, some fruit, ice and almond milk for breakfast instead of the usual Phase 3-4 breakfast and it seems to give me steady blood sugar until lunch. We'll see how it goes...

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday and enjoy this incredible health journey!!!

Margaret
Old 07-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #4  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Today I get the "surgery off" my hand as four year old Kylie says about getting my stitches out. All three kids want to go with me to watch. Then it is a race to make it to WI. I hope I hit 120# or get close.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Morning peers! I've been OP for about 11 weeks. My blood pressure is very low, so when I started, my coach asked me to have a cup of bullion every day. I did that for 9 weeks, then forgot about it while travels to Atlanta, and in settling back into the work routine, I still forgot. So now (TMI) I am peeing ALL the time. Guessing I am not retaining water.
Any thoughts on whether to go back to the bullion? I will ask the coach- but I so respect everyones imput- I have to ask!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #6  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, well my back seems like it is back to normal today, no twinges (so far). I have my 14th WI this morning. I will report back in later. Have a great morning all.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning IPeeps. I don't make it to the boards as often as I used to. I'm sure to some of you I appear to be a newbie. LOL Anyway, it's great to be able to check in again and see what new things people are coming up with on IP. Have a great day all.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Good morning IPeeps. I don't make it to the boards as often as I used to. I'm sure to some of you I appear to be a newbie. LOL Anyway, it's great to be able to check in again and see what new things people are coming up with on IP. Have a great day all.
Good morning, Molly from Molly

You're not a newbie to me as you've been on this forum longer than I have. I'm glad to see you check in once and a while. I know you know how important it is to stay connected for the information and support.

Up early as I'm working at home, but have asked my boss if I can switch off to sick leave. I have problems with my feet (have for years) I have a new area that is in a lot of pain. Early this morning I got a cramp in that area and now the pain is intensified. I have an appointment with my podiatrist on Monday, but now I just want to vegetate until that appointment. I don't do well with pain and I also know that kind of stress affects your weight loss. not a great combination.

I plan to stay OP and hope others do to. Have a great day.
Molly
Old 07-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #9  
IP Reboot Mar 31/2013

S/C/G: 187/158/130

Height: 5'7

Hi everyoen
I just started my program today met up with my coach yesterday.
Very excited.
I tried many diets and none worked for me.
I gained around 30 lbs in the past 2 years and i feel myself ballooning.
This had to stop and after reading about the IP diet here on this website i realized it's something id like to try.
I'm scared of getting hungry on it. I have a huge appetite and am always hungry.
We'll see how this goes.
My first packet was a vanilla drink. was delicious
Good luck to those who are still losing and congrats to those who've lost already
Old 07-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #10  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning my beauteous peeps! All I can say is, for the last four days...

Baking cookies

Baking cookies

Baking cookies

Baking cookies

Sorry, just had to get that out into the world. Apparently DH has noticed my weight loss, quite a bit, and this is now helping to motivate me to continue my journey and try to drop at LEAST 10 more pounds before our cruise. I did have one small revelation this morning...I do phase II a few days every week, which would explain my generally slow and steady approach to my weight loss. I'm wondering does that mean I don't have to phase off as long between phases I-III? Usually it's once or twice a week we go out to lunch, and when we do I get chicken and a salad or something along those lines, and then still cook dinner for us when we get home. Just a random thought you know?

I FINALLY figured out how to use the Torani sugar free additive in my coffee. One serving is ridonkulous! I use like, a teaspoon if that, and then add some milk (can't add my RTD with this stuff, ends up too sweet even for me) and it's actually decent, so hooray!

Well...I guess I should go wake up DH...he woke me up at 0600 for some early baking...then promptly went back to bed and I just stayed up and did some laundry, applied for some jobs for my mother in law (oh man do I have updates for those of you following this saga!) and saved my dog from his own stupidity (he jumped the fence into the south side of our yard to chase a bunny and didn't know how to get BACK over the fence...he's "special")

Stay OP peeps, thank you for staying with me through this insanity, and I can only pray it'll calm down before it gets to be too nuts, oh, and highs near 100 for the next 10 days according to the weather.com site joy...not!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #11  

Kaypix you are hilarious!!!!!!! Whirlwind of energy I say!!!!

Anyone seen NewPath???

I'm dancing this morning!!!! First mini goal met: down 41 pounds!!! Gone forever baby!!! My 5 year old weighs 40 lbs so I've lost a small child!!!!! Wow!M. I'm on cloud 9!!! Next goal: 50 by 40!! I turn 40 in August.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #12  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

Anyone seen NewPath???

I'm dancing this morning!!!! First mini goal met: down 41 pounds!!! Gone forever baby!!! My 5 year old weighs 40 lbs so I've lost a small child!!!!! Wow!M. I'm on cloud 9!!! Next goal: 50 by 40!! I turn 40 in August.
Congratulations!!!!!!!

Love those goals met. I'm sure you'll make the 50 lbs by your birthday. We're all pulling for you.

Haven't seen NewPath and where is Cadu? There are so many posters on here now, but I often think of ones I was used to seeing since I've been on here for 6 months now.

I laughed at Kaypix too and her massive cookie baking. Being in our 60s, I have to be happy with one or two a week, if that.

Molly
Old 07-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #13  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

Anyone seen NewPath???

Awesome! I was thinking that this morning....when I hit 27 lbs gone, I would have lost a 2 year old! My son is 27 lbs. I can't even imagine! It's crazy! When I hit goal, I would have lost 3 lbs less than my 5 year and 2 year old put together. I can't wait!!

I have another boring day today. Potty training my 2 year old and then a dentist appointment with cleaning and filling this afternoon. Thrilling stuff!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #14  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini anna View Post
Hi everyoen
I just started my program today met up with my coach yesterday.
Very excited.
I tried many diets and none worked for me.
I gained around 30 lbs in the past 2 years and i feel myself ballooning.
This had to stop and after reading about the IP diet here on this website i realized it's something id like to try.
I'm scared of getting hungry on it. I have a huge appetite and am always hungry.
We'll see how this goes.
My first packet was a vanilla drink. was delicious
Good luck to those who are still losing and congrats to those who've lost already
Welcome! You're going to love this program. The results are immediate and very motivating. Just stick to the program, don't try to "tweak" it. The first week is the hardest, but everyone is different, so it may not be too bad for you. I really couldn't complain about how I felt the first week. You aren't hungry on this program and the cravings disappear pretty quickly. Check out the recipe threads for meal ideas. There are many ways to work the program so that you can stay 100% OP. Best wishes.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 225/178/155

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning,
My 1st post!
I've been lurking, reading, getting great ideas, recipes, motivation from everyone. A wonderful community, time for me to join in!
I started IP June 5, 2012 and I'm down 25# and 28".
This morning I had an IP Wild Blueberry Yogurt smoothie with 1 cup of Rhubarb sweetened with a tsp of WF Strawberry Spread, delicious!
Have a great OP day!
Closed Thread