Old 07-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #1  
Chick Losing

S/C/G: S/C/G 219.6/199.2/172

Height: 5.5"

Arrow BFC One-Week Challenge & Beyond II

Wow nearly 500 post! We ladies have been busy and need to get busier.
Some have met their goals, some are struggling and some are newbies. But one thing for sure. We BFC Chicks don't give up. Ok here is the Challenge and let's call it "The Fall Challenge". Its very simple: You must stay within your daily sugar and carb limit. Try to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week from August 1st until the offical
first day of winter. That should give us a great holiday. Please add any positive thoughts each day that might encourage others to keep fighting for that goal. Nothing is better than victory!

Izzy

Last edited by Jane; 07-19-2012 at 08:50 AM.
BCL216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Have at it, ladies! Keep up the good work, friendships, and encouragement you give to one another. If I can help you in any way, please let me know.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi Girls!

I'm getting ready to go on vacation to SC on Saturday! Lots of packing and prep work to make sure my kids have enough at home as they are staying behind. It's going to be a real challenge to stay OP while on vacation, but I did a pretty good job last year while on BFC.

It's all a matter of choices - even at a restaurant there are always healthier options and of course no one needs to eat huge portions of anything except salad ;-) As I write I'm watching my co-workers dive into a box of doughnuts that someone "thoughtfully" brought in to enjoy. None for me, thanks!

Everyone have a great day, and Izzy thanks for starting the new thread.

Andi
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Izzy - That's a great challenge, and every bit doable! Even at 1 lb per week that would be 20 lbs. Can't we all see ourselves starting the new year 20 lbs thinner?

Andi - I envy you having this upcoming vacation! Have a good time! Good for you on passing on the donuts! Isn't it something how so many others dig into the donuts without giving it another thought and how traumatizing it would be for us? I have been having a very good week and I am down 2 lbs. I know these are the same pounds I have been up and down for the past couple months, but this is a downward trend, so I am determined to keep it downward.

Someone on another board mentioned the book "The New Atkins" and how well it helped them, so I ordered a used copy online and it is on it's way. I know which carbs to avoid and which ones to eat sparingly, but I think reading a new book will give me some incentive and keep me on the right path. Whatever it takes!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #5  
Chick Losing

Hi everyone
Glad to see you posting. Congrats Carol Sue 2lbs. down! Great Job!
Carol Sue let me know about your new book, I hope it helps.

Andi have a safe and wonderful trip and stay strong, you are doing awsome.

I am doing ok, I started the Sensa and I think it does help, when I remember to use it. I went out to eat Saturday and used it and coulkd only eat half of my meal. I felt so full. Time will tell. My biggest problem is EMOTIONAL eating. I eat not because I am hungry, I am stressed or bored.

I hope this challenge helps get me moving on the scale again. I just try and imaging what it would be like to be 20-50 pounds lighter.

Hugs
Izzy
Old 07-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #6  

Izzy - My husband doesn't have a weight problem. He is very active doing heavy work and burns everything off. He loves his sweets, but never eats a big meal. Always leaves food on his plate, etc. He doesn't understand about emotional eating. We had a talk about it just this weekend. I tried to explain to him that for some of us, we don't eat because we are hungry, and can eat again right after finishing a meal. He doesn't get that! I wish so much that I could be like him. His whole family is like that. Every Sunday his mother used to cook a big Slovak buffet of all the ethnic foods and it was put out and everyone just ate when they wanted. I always wanted! It was great to taste all those foods. One time his nephew was there and she told him to sit down and eat and he said "I'm not hungry Grandma." That shocked me so much that he had to be hungry to eat. I wonder what it is that makes us so different. Although I was thin when I was younger, I have always been able to eat a lot of food.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #7  

Izzy - What is in Sensa that makes you feel full. I have heard that Metamucil is supposed to do that too, but I'm still afraid to take it after seeing that blob of jel that time. LOL
Old 07-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #8  
Chick Losing

Talking Food For Thought

Good Morning All,
Carol Sue, one of the reasons women eat differently than men is hormonal.
We know about that, but emotional eating is I think about food addiction.
We use food to self medicate what is emotionally bothering use. Perhaps there is a void that we are trying to fill. For others, they associate food with a childhood memory when food made them feel loved and safe. We subconsciously go back to that time when food made us feel so good. Its instant self gratification. For others it actually takes the place of sex. Yes! sex. We get the same emotional high as with orgasm. I think for the most part we are able to control what we eat, its just understanding and acting upon what we know is right. Just like a drug addict, we want what makes us feel so good. Just my thought on the matter. I hope maybe it gave you food for thought.
Hugs
Izzy
Old 07-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #9  
Chick Losing

Carol Sue,
Its supposed to work on the area of the brain that controls your desire to eat.
For more information just research it. Just Type Sensa in the search engine.
Lots will come up. I don't know how well its working, I keep forgetting to add it to my food.

Izzy

Last edited by BCL216; 07-23-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #10  
Chick Losing

Good Morning
Just checking in to see how eeryone is doing. Its been a week using Sensa and I have gained instead of lossing. I think its because I have allowed myself to eat off the BFC. I am on the fence about Sensa, I will try it for a month and if nothing happens. I will return it. I don't expect to lose a lot in a month, but at least 2 pounds. Well ladies its almost time for our fall challenge. This weekend I am cleaning out pantry and going to the store and stock up on great food.
I see that the weather report is not looking good from midwest to NY. Bad storms, wind, etc. I hope everyone will be safe. Have a good day.

Hugs
Izzy
Old 07-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #11  

Izzy - I am starting to think that if you have a problem with food other than just eating too much, no additives or supplements are going to help. I know that I eat many times when I'm not hungry, or actually still full from the last meal and it's like nothing is going to stop me. I guess it's a food addiction. My friend who also has a weight problem says she over eats because the food tastes good, but sometimes I eat things that don't even taste good. It's just there.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #12  
Chick Losing

Hi All,
Carol Sue, I hear you. I have put on 4 pounds sense I started taking
Sensa. It not the product, at least I don't think so. I am just emotional eater
and .....well you know the rest of the story.
Hey Ladies check this out! Something new from Belly fat Cure

www.SlimHappyBelly.com
Very interesting, I think I will try it. Great advise.

Ok have a great weekend.

Izzy
Old 07-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #13  
Chick Losing

Hey Ladies,
We start the fall challenge next week. Lets try the "No Sugar For 2 days"
approach. I can do that!
Quote:
It’s super simple.
Turn on your “skinny hormones”
by eliminating sugar for 2 days:
NO sugar for 2 days.*
That’s it.
Oh, I hope it works, I will give it my all.

Izzy
Old 07-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #14  
Chick Losing

Hey Ladies,
We start the fall challenge next week. Lets try the "No Sugar For 2 days"
approach. I can do that!
Quote:
It’s super simple.
Turn on your “skinny hormones” by eliminating sugar for 2 days:
NO sugar for 2 days.*That’s it.
Oh, I hope it works, I will give it my all.

Izzy
Old 07-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #15  

Izzy - I downloaded the Slim Happy Belly and will read it when I have more time. (I'm retired....I have NOTHING but time!! LOL)

I often wonder about the definition of sugar. Are they saying no sugar, as in no sugar in your tea, no cakes, cookies, candy etc. Or are they including starchy carbs that turn to glucose the instant you eat them? I think in this case he is talking about the actual sugar. I was recently having a big problem with my blood sugar being way too high and I quit sugar all together, and lowered my starchy carbs way down. It took several days, but I'm just starting to get better blood sugar readings.

I have a problem with diet programs that tell you exactly what to eat. I do better if you are given guidelines such as how much protein, carbs or fat to eat. But I will look at this and see how I can adapt it to myself or just use the general guidelines.

Thanks for posting it!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-28-2012 at 02:04 PM.