Weight Loss Support - Trying to reach mini-goal before...

kc82
07-17-2012, 01:03 PM
The husband and I are going to Las Vegas in September to celebrate our 30th birthdays. We are exactly 8 days apart. When I started this journey in January, I was really focused. Since then, that feeling has fizzled, and though I'm still trying, it hasn't been easy.

My mini-goal for Vegas was to lose 50 lbs. At this point, I still have roughly 20 lbs to go and we're leaving for Vegas in just under two months. A part of me feels like this is going to be impossible. But another part of me feels like all I have to do is re-gain my focus and work extra hard to make it happen.

I can do this... I haven't given up yet. It's just so hard to regain that motivation. Any ideas?

NEMom
07-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Keep making the best choices you can each day. You have lost 30 lbs and that is amazing. When your trip comes it does not matter if you have lost 40lbs or 50lbs, you have made huge steps to improving your life and your health. Way to go girl!!!

kelly315
07-17-2012, 02:07 PM
I would buy a cute dress (or outfit) that I would like to wear to Vegas, but make it just a bit too small (maybe half a size, if possible!). That will be a nice physical reminder that you can see everyday.

kc82
07-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Thank you, ladies. I will definitely keep pushing forward and no matter what, I will still be happy. I love the idea of buying an outfit to wear! I will definitely have to give this one a go! :)

alitorry
07-17-2012, 04:22 PM
If it's mid september, you can totally do it. Regain your focus, NO cheating and continue your workouts. I really know what you're talking about and I'm on the same boat right now. I have a cruise in september and 20 lbs left. I've easily lost 10 lbs a month until last month, where it suddenly became difficult 'not' to cheat. I've become more diligent in the past couple weeks and now hoping to move the scale again. good luck to you (and me)! like NEMom says, you'll still feel great on your vegas vacation if you continue your plan, even if the scale isn't exactly 20 less :)