Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 07/17/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 07-17-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Good Morning IPeeps:

It looks as if it is going to be a BEAUTIFUL day here in East Tennessee!! I just finished reading yesterday's posts and it looks as if there are alot of losses, GREAT JOB EVERYONE!! Please remember, that there is not "only" .5, 1 etc loss. Any loss is a great loss. It is that much less you are carrying around on your body than you were last week.

Welcome to all the newbies. This is a wonderful site and it has been a huge life saver to me while on this journey. Use it, ask questions, we are always here for each other.

Well, another weigh in for me this morning........down another 3.6 pounds. I might actually past this stinking plateu....keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to go down now. The losing and gaining the same 3 pounds for over a month now was really begining to get a little trying. I was about to the point where I was going to throw the scales out the door and run over it with the car. But I hung in there and it looks like I may have beat it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #3  

Good morning all -- I'm looking for suggestions for easy IP products to bring with me on my trip to Utah. I will be away for a week, and starting P2. Can I bring the RTDs on my carry on luggage, or will it be safe in my suitcase -- I'm picturing mango drink exploding all over my clothing.
Thanks!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #4  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Good morning. Thanks for the kind messages about my grandfather. It was an exhausting weekend and I am still recovering. I have weigh in today and we are doing three week measurements.

~Jenni
Old 07-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #5  
Joined IP 6-26-12

Height: 4' 10"

Good Morning! WI #3 today. Hoping for a good one.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
Good morning all -- I'm looking for suggestions for easy IP products to bring with me on my trip to Utah. I will be away for a week, and starting P2. Can I bring the RTDs on my carry on luggage, or will it be safe in my suitcase -- I'm picturing mango drink exploding all over my clothing.
Thanks!
Not sure how many ounces are in a RTD, but the limit for carry on is 3.4 oz. You would probably have to check them.

Pudding mixed in iced coffee is really good and filling!! Easy to do on the road. Have a great trip!! Congrats on P2!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #7  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps:

It looks as if it is going to be a BEAUTIFUL day here in East Tennessee!! I just finished reading yesterday's posts and it looks as if there are alot of losses, GREAT JOB EVERYONE!! Please remember, that there is not "only" .5, 1 etc loss. Any loss is a great loss. It is that much less you are carrying around on your body than you were last week.

Welcome to all the newbies. This is a wonderful site and it has been a huge life saver to me while on this journey. Use it, ask questions, we are always here for each other.

Well, another weigh in for me this morning........down another 3.6 pounds. I might actually past this stinking plateu....keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to go down now. The losing and gaining the same 3 pounds for over a month now was really begining to get a little trying. I was about to the point where I was going to throw the scales out the door and run over it with the car. But I hung in there and it looks like I may have beat it.

Great work Ris.

Quote:
Thanks!
You can check them. You could bring powdered mixes, you can ship them to yourself, order some where and drop ship to the hotel, or you can buy them in Utah and not carry on and pack as much.

Imwouldmskipmthe RTD bring powdered and my blender ball.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Morning all,
Long day yesterday. Worked all day at the office came home for a quick taco salad then hit the road to show houses with some clients. The good news is they found a charming place in their price point. The paper mania and negotiation begin. Bring it on!
Love this diet, though tired, I just keep the water and vitamins flowing and all those magical silver packets. Stay safe and keep cool y'all!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 148/144/128

Height: 5'5 and a half.....because the half is so important :)

Default Back from vacation

Hi Everyone,

Well 3 weeks have gone by and I'm back from my trip. The trip was amazing and I got right back on the horse, starting back with phase 1 yesterday. It appears I will have a few rough days to retrain my body but then hopefully things will get back on track. Also, I have not cooked the entire time so it appears I need to remember all my favorite quick meals!

After reading the suggestions on the site and based on my coach's recomendations I phased off the diet for the two weeks prior to leaving. I did one week of phase 2 and one week of phase 3. I actually lost some weight while on phase 2. Phase 3 is tough after having the simplicity of the packets but it was nice to have regular food. Based on what I've read, phase 4 is even more complicated. But I'm sure, when the time comes, I will figure it out.

While on vacation I did not watch what I ate at all. We were in France and to put it mildly... I enjoyed the banquet Now, I'm home and 3 pounds heavier but I do think it was worth it. Honestly, I am kind of relieved it was only 3 pounds! Cheese & wine have quite a bit of calories. We had such a great time, truly a once in a lifetime experience. Hopefully, when I weigh in next week, I will have good news to report.

Also, it was so awesome to be on a trip with my husband after having lost weight. What a blessing that I started the program when I did. I was able to wear cute clothes and felt good about how I looked. I'm motivated to get the rest of the weight off!

Anyway it is nice to be back. It looks like there have been lots of pounds lost while I was away...AWESOME! I also see we have some new members-welcome aboard! I look forward to frequenting the boards again!

Julie
Old 07-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 174.6/163.6/132

Height: 5'5"

Default upcoming vacation

Good morning all,
10 weeks on program and almost 24 pounds off. Ideal protein works! The best part about it is not having to count points and not really craving anything! I've done WW so many times and have had success in the past but tried it again in January and after losing only 5 pounds in 5 weeks and then going off plan one weekend and gaining it all back I quit that and decided to try IP in May when I finished my master's degree. The only other restricted diet I had tried like this was the pregnant woman shots and 500 calories per day. Hardly lost anything on that and HATED it!(can't remember the name....have blocked it out). I used to be a drinker (came home from work every night and had wine....few glasses) and I wasn't sure I could stop but here I am 10 weeks later waking up feeling great every day! LOVE that part of the diet too!!!!!
We are heading out of town for my graduation in about a month and will be camping for a week. I'm trying to decided whether to phase off and have a week off or keep plugging away. What do you all think? What would you do? I've taken many trips and done fine but I'm thinking maybe a week off to celebrate my graduation might be fun.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #11  

Quote:
Good Morning IPeeps:

Great WI Ris!!!

Quote:
Thanks!
The RTD puddings are awesome as well and I use those for travel as well as the RTD shakes and bars.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #12  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning iPeeps!
Well, Salmongirl and I made down the Middlefork of the Salmon River ALIVE... I came close once to not making it! I manitained my weight it looks like...WI this morning. P4 was a bit rough for me while camping along the banks of the River of No Return...had a few too many libations to keep the nerves in check. Had my fun day for my Father's birthday. So, looks like everyone is still rocking the IP...keep up the great work. BTW Salmongirl rocked IP while on the river...I am so proud of her!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #13  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Good Morning IPeeps:

Ris, that is great to hear, I am glad you're hanging in there and rocking IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missdee18 View Post
Good Morning! WI #3 today. Hoping for a good one.

I'm sending the whoosh fairy to you good luck!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #14  

Good Morning! its so hot here in southern Ontario I could barely trudge into work lol.

Does your energy increase as you get farther along? I am only on week one? how much did you lose week one? and Terese, I have headed camping for a week shortly. Given its bbq season i will try to stay on track!

I hate the pudding. Just thought i would throw that in there lol.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #15  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning Ipers! It is so humid here in MI - ugh. Was up around 5 a.m. to use the bathroom and saw a bit of the Northern Lights, but the clouds blocked most of them.

Tauthier - Congrats on earning your Master's! If it were me, I would not take a week off at this point. There are always events to celebrate and we need to learn how to take the focus off food/alcohol during these times to continue to lose weight or maintain once we reach goal. IMO. From what I've read for the past several weeks, it is very difficult to get back OP once you go off, and also they say for each day off OP sets you back 3 days! I know you've worked your butt off earning your Master's and you do deserve to celebrate...maybe a nice piece of jewelry or a new outfit or shoes??? I wish you the best and know you'll make the best decision for you.

Going to be a busy day at work today, then very slow the rest of the week. Will check in later...
Closed Thread