Old 07-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Default I need help

I really do. I cheated again with a kind bar, as soon as life gets tough I turn to things I shouldn't have. At this point I am thinking of letting go and fall into being my fat self again. ARGGG.
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

What is a kind bar?
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
What is a kind bar?
http://www.kindsnacks.com/kind-store/buy-kind-bars

high protein but carb too. Pretty sure I am knocked out of ketosis.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #4  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

My boyfriend dumped me last week. I'm ok with this now, but that night all I wanted to do was down a bag of chips and dip. I grabbed an apple and sliced it in an aggressive manner instead and grabbed some peanut butter. I realized I NEED food when I'm upset, it's a comfort thing... but this time I went for something a bit better. ODDLY doing this small thing, helped way more than a pound of chips ever could because the next morning, after crying all night, I felt proud that I didn't indulge in what got me here. I think that was a huge step... in life. There wasn't the added guilt of a break up and that I ate so much. I felt, oddly, good.

I think for you, next time, just try REALLY hard to grab something ELSE. But maybe grab food. It actually helps more, because you don't feel the guilt and you actually feel like you're growing.

Giving up is a choice, but, be honest one slip up? Is that enough to quit? What do you really want? Do you want to be thin, healthy, happy, or do you want to keep indulging and feeling this horrid guilt for it. Just once, try to grab something else. Now... when I go for that comfort of food, I can stick something else in my mouth like gum or celery. I just feel even better about it. I need comfort of putting things in my mouth, but I can choose what that is.

Edit
I also noticed this is Ideal Protein, I just grabbed from the front page. Sorry for the intrusion... also ... You're NOT FAT! OMG! I'd KILL to be in the 130s, You really shouldn't feel down about this and don't give up on your ultimate goals.

Last edited by kurisitaru; 07-16-2012 at 10:56 PM.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #5  

so what I had was 18 carbs, and 10 sugars...forget the calories because I can go run for a bit. then I proceeded with half of peanut butter & jelly sandwitch. I did the same on saturday, went back into ketosis today and did it again tonight.

I agree, just practice control OR replace it...next time I'll go for a walk...rain or shine.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/184/135

Height: 5'3"

One slip, even if "again" is not worth throwing things away. One day at a time. One day with a cheat is not the rest of your life. Take it for a lession- emotional triggers. What can you differently next time? Also, are you in a situation where foods like that are around in the time of panic?

I'm on day 3 and want so bad to quit, but I know the long term goal is more important than right now. So, One day at a time. I know that for the rest of today, I will be okay. Tomorrow, I have no idea, but today is okay.
PammyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #7  

Throwing out the bars, funny all snacks in this place are healthy BUT not IP safe. KIND bars, berries, non fat yogurt and peanut butter. All gone
Old 07-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Throwing out the bars, funny all snacks in this place are healthy BUT not IP safe. KIND bars, berries, non fat yogurt and peanut butter. All gone
That was a good decision! You don't have far to go till goal regroup and refocus you will be there soon.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

It is definitely easier that way...
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #10  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Please don't give up. Good move on getting rid of the temptations, and while slip ups on IP can slow you down, they are NOT going to "ruin" your progress. Learn from your experience and have an alternative if the urge strikes again. Mine is cinnamon aspartame free gum. One piece and I forget my absolutely insane craving for cheese or whatever. Keep yourself busy. Have a cup of green tea. Before you know it, you'll see results and once that happens, you won't want to stray off plan. Promise
Kikie is offline   Reply With Quote