Ideal Protein Diet - How do you guys Stand the food?!? Help!?

SheenaB
07-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Today is day one of IP. And I have researched or the past two weeks thinking this could be it. And I ve read that the majority of people love the food... But after finishing lunch I'm skeptical. To me it tastes like chemicals trying to resemble food. I KNOW it's not supposed to be perfect and things would taste different but maybe I'm just overly sensitive?

Has anyone else experienced this? And has it gotten easier? I just want that chemical taste off my tongue lol!!

***I'm not giving up but I just need to know if this is normal.
Thanks for your feedback!!
~Sheena

Kaypix
07-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Sheena:
It really depends on WHAT food you are eating that tastes like chemicals. You should be getting 2 cups of vegetables at lunch, which obviously should not taste like chemicals. Also, this diet is primarily man-made, so you will have some products that taste artificially sweet, etc. because they ARE. If the flavor bothers you, look up some of the fun with packets ideas that are out there, there are tons of awesome ideas for them.

What packets have you tried so far?

jennlnige
07-16-2012, 04:41 PM
What have you tried? The first day I had chicken soup for lunch. By itself, it tasted funny. ButI sauteed a cup of mushrooms and added that to the soup, then added garlic and onion powder, and the spicy blend by mrs dash. I loved it!!!! The right kind of seasoning make a big difference.

-Jennifer

UnwritteN223
07-16-2012, 04:50 PM
What have you tried? The first day I had chicken soup for lunch. By itself, it tasted funny. ButI sauteed a cup of mushrooms and added that to the soup, then added garlic and onion powder, and the spicy blend by mrs dash. I loved it!!!! The right kind of seasoning make a big difference.

-Jennifer

I agree. The right seasonings can be key to the IP food. Mrs. Dash is great. I really like the southwest seasoning. LandOLakes also makes some that are really good. The butter and cheddar seasonings are great. Last week I tried the broccoli cheddar soup and wasn't real crazy about it until I cooked a cup of broccoli and poured the soup over that. The extra veggies took away some of the off taste of the packet.

Porthardygurl
07-16-2012, 05:05 PM
haha i totally hear you on this...which is why i dont use any of the IP foods. Im on alternatives and i use the atkins rtd shakes and thats it... I dont use the other foods because i find that they all taste really fake and chemically...I have a sensetivity to fake sugars...like splenda...so i taste even the smallest amount in everything..Personally..out of all the packets , i preferred the savoury ones the best because all the sweet ones tasted too chemically and sweet...

SheenaB
07-16-2012, 05:21 PM
This morning I had the chocolate shake. I added more water and then heated it up. After a few sips I added cinnamon to it and it wasn't bad after that.

For lunch I had lettuce, 2C cucumber and peppers with WF bacon ranch dressing. And IP brocoli cheese soup.

Thank you for the ideas about adding more brocoli/veggies into the soup along with seasonings. I keep forgetting we are allowed to add herbs and such.

I have a few mushroom soup packs. What should I add to spice it up?
I have some bars, mango premade drink, potato purée, mushroom soup, lemon instant pudding, yogurt flavored drink, pancakes, chicken soup, and vanilla yogurt.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better! :-)

sweetsloan
07-16-2012, 06:29 PM
This morning I had the chocolate shake. I added more water and then heated it up. After a few sips I added cinnamon to it and it wasn't bad after that.

For lunch I had lettuce, 2C cucumber and peppers with WF bacon ranch dressing. And IP brocoli cheese soup.

Thank you for the ideas about adding more brocoli/veggies into the soup along with seasonings. I keep forgetting we are allowed to add herbs and such.

I have a few mushroom soup packs. What should I add to spice it up?
I have some bars, mango premade drink, potato purée, mushroom soup, lemon instant pudding, yogurt flavored drink, pancakes, chicken soup, and vanilla yogurt.

Sheena,
I am wishing you luck. I have been on IP for 4 weeks, this is my 5th. I have found so many of the products horrible and un-editable. This has really disappointed me, I feel for $35.00 a box ($5.00 a meal) it would at least taste good. I am not willing to pay $35.00 for something I have to choke down, so I started reading everything on this site and bought all the alternative products that people have tried and recommended. I have found myself much happier, and more willing to do this diet. I feel I am still on the program, I am just replacing a IP packet with a similar alternative products. I hope this helps and keep up the good work, you can do this!

yowzer
07-16-2012, 06:36 PM
For me the walden farms dressings help, along with seasonings. I don't like to cook so much and am not much of a breakfast eater. So I can mix up a quick drink and wa la -- breakfast. For lunch I had 2 cups of shredded cabbage with the spagetti packet on top of it and I thought it taste fine...but as I mentioned, I'm not much of a cook. I'm sure as you journey through you'll get lots of tips from this forum...I know have.

dozagirl
07-16-2012, 06:52 PM
I hear you sister! Saturday I just couldn't swallow it anymore. I've had no problems until last week. I told my coach that I didn't know how much longer I could do this and I'm only 4 pounds from my goal. But Saturday, if I would have swallowed the Spaghetti - I would have thrown it back up. So as of today I'm no longer using any of the IP foods except the Cappuccino drink mix - that one is still good to me. Good luck to you! I'm done!!!!:D

patns
07-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Look at all the recipes on here for what you can do with the packages. For instance I did like crispy cereal as a cereal but love it made into a pancake.

Personally I found the sweet type of packages tasted more artifical than the others, anything that was a berry type flavour.

Tmg1989
07-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Hi. I have been on for 8 months and have never had any soups. I stick with the ready made chocolate, mango and vanilla drinks and the puddings are great but add cinnamon. There are so many options that you need to try the recipies and experiment. The wildberry yogurt drink makes excellent pancakes! I also do not use the walden farm items. Read the different threads! You need to experiment. The chocolate caramel bars are excellent.

Barb2012
07-16-2012, 07:43 PM
I threw several packets out the first week because they were not food I could eat. If I opened one and couldn't eat it, I opened another. They gave me 28 packets the first week and I only needed 21, so even if I threw out one each day I was fine.
The second week was a lot better because I knew which foods I could stomach. I'm in my 4th week now and ther are some that I actually like. The premixed drinks and the bars are the ones I prefer.
Just keep trying, it will get better and in the end it will be worth it.

mammoth357
07-16-2012, 08:07 PM
I think it is all about imagination and how you use herbs, spices, lemon and lime juice etc...the more creative you are the better you eat...the little we get! haha!
Good luck to you Sheena!
Jake

SheenaB
07-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Sheena,
I am wishing you luck. I have been on IP for 4 weeks, this is my 5th. I have found so many of the products horrible and un-editable. This has really disappointed me, I feel for $35.00 a box ($5.00 a meal) it would at least taste good. I am not willing to pay $35.00 for something I have to choke down, so I started reading everything on this site and bought all the alternative products that people have tried and recommended. I have found myself much happier, and more willing to do this diet. I feel I am still on the program, I am just replacing a IP packet with a similar alternative products. I hope this helps and keep up the good work, you can do this!

I am going to try and spice things up with herbs and different vegtables. I REALLY want this to work. But I think I may even use alternatives once in a while for variety.Thank you so much for the kind words. :)

SheenaB
07-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi. I have been on for 8 months and have never had any soups. I stick with the ready made chocolate, mango and vanilla drinks and the puddings are great but add cinnamon. There are so many options that you need to try the recipies and experiment. The wildberry yogurt drink makes excellent pancakes! I also do not use the walden farm items. Read the different threads! You need to experiment. The chocolate caramel bars are excellent.

You have me VERY interested in the pancakes made from the wildberry yogurt drink mix. Would you mind sharing your recipe?

And Good for you for sticking with the program for 8 months!! That is amazing and shows it can be done! Thank you

SheenaB
07-16-2012, 08:50 PM
I threw several packets out the first week because they were not food I could eat. If I opened one and couldn't eat it, I opened another. They gave me 28 packets the first week and I only needed 21, so even if I threw out one each day I was fine.
The second week was a lot better because I knew which foods I could stomach. I'm in my 4th week now and ther are some that I actually like. The premixed drinks and the bars are the ones I prefer.
Just keep trying, it will get better and in the end it will be worth it.

Thank you so much. I think i need to give the program more than one day and give it more of a chance. Obviously people wouldn't be on the program for months if it wasn't tolerable.

Im happy that it's almost dinner time because I am STARVING!!
Thank you and good luck on the program as well :)

Kikie
07-17-2012, 01:57 AM
Your tastebuds get used to it after a while. Trust me. I bought crispy cereal in my first week and holy gosh it was nasty. I started eating them as pancakes or bread, which are amazing. About 2 months later I was in a hurry, and all I had left were crispy cereal. I didn't have time to make pancakes with it. Preparing to swallow the nasty stuff, I found myself actually liking it and bearing a resemblance to Rice Krispies. Seriously, you "forget" what real food tastes like so the IP stuffs becomes "normal" and tastes ok. At first, have some chocolate premixed drinks, they taste awesome. The plain omelette is good, add chopped peppers, zucchini, celery, whatever to it and it tastes like a real omelette. The potato packet makes a fine wrap for veggies. The first week is hardest because you don't know what you like yet, or what to do with the food you're allowed to eat. It gets better though, I promise :)

SheenaB
07-17-2012, 02:05 AM
Your tastebuds get used to it after a while. Trust me. I bought crispy cereal in my first week and holy gosh it was nasty. I started eating them as pancakes or bread, which are amazing. About 2 months later I was in a hurry, and all I had left were crispy cereal. I didn't have time to make pancakes with it. Preparing to swallow the nasty stuff, I found myself actually liking it and bearing a resemblance to Rice Krispies. Seriously, you "forget" what real food tastes like so the IP stuffs becomes "normal" and tastes ok. At first, have some chocolate premixed drinks, they taste awesome. The plain omelette is good, add chopped peppers, zucchini, celery, whatever to it and it tastes like a real omelette. The potato packet makes a fine wrap for veggies. The first week is hardest because you don't know what you like yet, or what to do with the food you're allowed to eat. It gets better though, I promise :)

Thank you so much!! I'm really hoping i forget what real food tastes like so I can begin to 'enjoy' the packets. You are so right about not knowing what to do with them. I read of all these great recipes and im like 'how the heck did you make a wrap out of that' LOL

I will totally try the omelette next week and maybe some of the premade chocolate drinks would be a good idea too.

Thanks for the kind words. Im looking forward to tomorrow. :)

Kikie
07-17-2012, 02:51 AM
Wrap is easy :) Put a little more water in the potato purée than called for, until it is somewhat liquid and easy to spread. Heat up some cooking spray in a nonstick pan, then spread as thin as possible, cook both sides and voila. Delicious with sauteed peppers or any other vegetable you like.

As for crispy cereal pancakes: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/228188-cant-find-recipe-crispy-cereal-pancakes.html The first recipe is what I use. These are absolutely delicious. I vary sometimes, using fake banana or maple extract instead of vanilla. Buy the walden farms pancake syrup, it actually tastes good, even for my picky self. Good luck :)

P.S. I forgot to add, if you like jello, the raspberry jelly is really good. You can't even tell it's diet jello.

explore
07-17-2012, 07:31 AM
I live on the puddings-- I turn them into shakes, add 6-8 oz. water and ice. Blend in a real blender. Vanilla is awesome- I feel like I am eating marshmellow fluff. It doesn't even need any walden farms. Chocolate is good too, especially with WF caramel (1-2 T). I have 2-3 of these shakes every day.

mommyskinny
07-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Last week was my first week and I thought the EXACT same thing after day one! Day by day the food is getting better. I LOVE using the puddings as shakes with ice and a little WF caramel...the dark chocolate and butterscotch are my faves! Milk Chocolate was not nearly as good as the dark to me.

Thorfinn
07-17-2012, 09:41 AM
I haven't found any of the packages particularly good.

I have stuck with the chocolate and vanilla RTD's through all of phase 1. A little more expensive but way easier for me to stomach.

Meagan240
07-17-2012, 11:33 AM
I only drink the Vanilla RTDs and the chocolate soy puffs, I find it's the only thing I can choke down. You'll find something you can stand soon enough. :)

clh99002
07-17-2012, 11:41 AM
I am day 4...and I hear you. The funny thing is I dont mind the packaged products, it is the veggies I get bored with! Haha!

My favorites have been making a cappucino frappe, and I like the wildberry yogurt. Was not keen on the chicken soup like you but I have been thinking of ways to make it better.

Oh, and I love the lemon soy puffs and making spicy turnip fries.

jwdesselle
07-17-2012, 02:15 PM

Hang in there! I agree with you about some of the food tasting weird. I'm in the Army and a lot of the IP food taste like it came out of an MRE! :dizzy:

I've been having the Mango pre-made drink for lunch all week. I figured out a GREAT way to make it better. I never liked mango (don't know why I got the drinks) and lunch at work is at my desk while working, so I needed something easy. Well, I pour my mango drink in my IP shaker, put in a few ice cubes, fill the rest with water and add a squirt of Mio Black Cherry stuff in it. Talk about GREAT!!!

Also, not sure if you have read this or not, but your taste buds do change and the food gets better! Again, hang in there. The diet is well worth it.

jwdesselle
07-17-2012, 02:21 PM
I am STARVING!!
Thank you and good luck on the program as well :)

This too shall pass! My stomach has shrunk and I'm hardly ever hungry anymore. I have to force myself to eat dinner most of the time now. Premade Choc. shake for breakfast and premade Mango drink for lunch, and chicken, chicken, chicken for dinner. I believe I've made chicken every way possible! :)

Kikie
07-17-2012, 02:32 PM
This too shall pass! My stomach has shrunk and I'm hardly ever hungry anymore. I have to force myself to eat dinner most of the time now. Premade Choc. shake for breakfast and premade Mango drink for lunch, and chicken, chicken, chicken for dinner. I believe I've made chicken every way possible! :)

I know what you mean! The only meat I've eaten in 12 years is chicken. Good thing it is so versatile!

SheenaB
07-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Hang in there! I agree with you about some of the food tasting weird. I'm in the Army and a lot of the IP food taste like it came out of an MRE! :dizzy:

I've been having the Mango pre-made drink for lunch all week. I figured out a GREAT way to make it better. I never liked mango (don't know why I got the drinks) and lunch at work is at my desk while working, so I needed something easy. Well, I pour my mango drink in my IP shaker, put in a few ice cubes, fill the rest with water and add a squirt of Mio Black Cherry stuff in it. Talk about GREAT!!!

Also, not sure if you have read this or not, but your taste buds do change and the food gets better! Again, hang in there. The diet is well worth it.

Thank you! I am very sure it will get better. Today is day two and im still starving LOL! I cant wait for the tastbuds to get changing so i can get through the day easier.
I did have the mango drink today over ice and it was tolerable. I m totally going to try your idea with the Black Cherry stuff! That sounds amazing!

Have a great week! :)

SheenaB
07-17-2012, 06:49 PM

I have read alot that people arent hungry after a while! I cant wait for that!

I LOVE chicken! that is usually what I eat. Although last night for supper I did have a BIG 8oz steak! But it filled me up and thats exctly what I needed.

SheenaB
07-17-2012, 06:51 PM
I am day 4...and I hear you. The funny thing is I dont mind the packaged products, it is the veggies I get bored with! Haha!

My favorites have been making a cappucino frappe, and I like the wildberry yogurt. Was not keen on the chicken soup like you but I have been thinking of ways to make it better.

Oh, and I love the lemon soy puffs and making spicy turnip fries.

MMmmmm the spicy turnip fries sund yummy! Im gonna look for the recipe!

puglife
07-17-2012, 07:09 PM
I agree, it can be all about creativity with spices and such. There are a lot of the foods I can't deal with, but many I can. I have adjusted the amounts of water a bit and it seems to have helped. For example, the chicken noodle soup I add a bit less water and the maple oatmeal I add a touch more. With the mango drink, I blend it with a bit of ice as I find it very strong. I admit I did quit the diet the first time around but have started again because it's the only diet I felt better on as far as my stomach problems go. Good luck!

Kikie
07-17-2012, 08:08 PM
I agree, it can be all about creativity with spices and such. There are a lot of the foods I can't deal with, but many I can. I have adjusted the amounts of water a bit and it seems to have helped. For example, the chicken noodle soup I add a bit less water and the maple oatmeal I add a touch more. With the mango drink, I blend it with a bit of ice as I find it very strong. I admit I did quit the diet the first time around but have started again because it's the only diet I felt better on as far as my stomach problems go. Good luck!

This is very true. Playing with the amount of water to suit your taste can make a huge difference. I know that I prefer the chocolate drink packet hot with much more water than called for (50-100 ml more), makes it taste like slightly watered down hot cocoa. I did not like it at all before trying that experiment because of its really strong taste. A bit of walden farms syrup can help adjust the taste.

ShoBan
07-18-2012, 01:13 AM
I just happened to make this tonight, I made the pina colada,(which is good by itself), added extra water, and a small addit. of Crystal light, raspberry lemonade. Poured over ice, it's the closest to a fruit drink, that I have found yet! Love it! Enjoy.:)

SheenaB
07-18-2012, 02:04 AM
I just happened to make this tonight, I made the pina colada,(which is good by itself), added extra water, and a small addit. of Crystal light, raspberry lemonade. Poured over ice, it's the closest to a fruit drink, that I have found yet! Love it! Enjoy.:)

I'm totally going to get the piña colada mix! That sounds great!

Meagan240
07-18-2012, 02:29 AM
I stand the food because I'm paying so much for it, and I love melting. :)

Lotsahope
08-11-2012, 06:02 PM
I have been doing this five days and have had the same reaction to most of the food. I have kept good notes on what was tolerable and what I just can't take and plan to make a better selection for next week. I feel that some of the sweet things are heavy on the artificial sweeteners and I hate that after taste. Most of the bars are pretty good. I agree with those who have said add veggies and spices. It does help. This is not forever but while it is my reality now I plan to make the best of it. Good luck.

scorbett1103
08-11-2012, 06:09 PM
I have been doing this five days and have had the same reaction to most of the food. I have kept good notes on what was tolerable and what I just can't take and plan to make a better selection for next week. I feel that some of the sweet things are heavy on the artificial sweeteners and I hate that after taste. Most of the bars are pretty good. I agree with those who have said add veggies and spices. It does help. This is not forever but while it is my reality now I plan to make the best of it. Good luck.

Just remember to keep track of restricted vs unrestricted stuff - restricted items should only be used once a day unless your coach specifies otherwise in Phase 1. Bars are all restricted (I think that's partially why they are so yummy!!) and the drink mixes are all unrestricted. I believe the puddings are also all unrestricted, and I actually use those as drinks (I prefer the richness over the drink mixes) by using a lot more water and often blending with ice.

Keep experimenting, and look into the ideas others have posted here on how to make other stuff from the packets - I can't STAND the crispy cereal by itself but I am totally addicted to making it into pancakes! (and it's an unrestricted packet!)

rcrochet
08-11-2012, 09:23 PM
For the most part, I haven't liked any of the food by itself. I use those packets in some of the recipes found here. But, typically, I stick with the drinks I do like and the bars, love the bars.

rcrochet
08-11-2012, 09:24 PM

That sounds good, gonna try it!

rcrochet
08-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Just remember to keep track of restricted vs unrestricted stuff - restricted items should only be used once a day unless your coach specifies otherwise in Phase 1. Bars are all restricted (I think that's partially why they are so yummy!!) and the drink mixes are all unrestricted. I believe the puddings are also all unrestricted, and I actually use those as drinks (I prefer the richness over the drink mixes) by using a lot more water and often blending with ice.

Keep experimenting, and look into the ideas others have posted here on how to make other stuff from the packets - I can't STAND the crispy cereal by itself but I am totally addicted to making it into pancakes! (and it's an unrestricted packet!)

I saw that pancake recipe earlier this week and bought the crispy cereal Friday at my WI. I can't wait to try it. I used to enjoy pancakes for dinner in my old pre-IP life.

scorbett1103
08-11-2012, 09:34 PM
I saw that pancake recipe earlier this week and bought the crispy cereal Friday at my WI. I can't wait to try it. I used to enjoy pancakes for dinner in my old pre-IP life.

I was actually surprised, they were pretty good! I made them into mini-pancakes and brought them to work as a snack with a little tub of WF pancake syrup for dipping. I also tried making pancakes out of the Maple Oatmeal - also very good, but that's a restricted packet so I'll do that less often.

slimmingitdown
08-11-2012, 11:40 PM
I love to sautee mushrooms and broccoli to put in my mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup. I pour the soup into the pan with the veggies until it thickens up. I think it tastes sinful, so it's great to know it's not!

Pilgrimage
08-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Just got through with the first week myself! I found that I enjoy the drinks more than the soups (except broccoli and cheese which I pour over the entire 2 cups of broccoli yummy!), so I take some of my meat from dinner and have it at lunch with a salad and a IP drink.

I have found that I enjoy the chips more than the bars. More bites per serving and they sure taste great!

The herb omelet is great with a lot of sauteed veggies! And I am hardly hungry anymore, it does get better! Lots of water helps plus my coach lets me have 2 Crystal Lites a day which helps as well. Oh! And a baby dill pickle if I really need something to munch on before a meal.

Hang in there!

fitgirl2012
08-12-2012, 12:34 PM
ll. And a baby dill pickle if I really need something to munch on before a m,eal.

Hang in there!

Silly question here...but what brand of dill pickle is recommended?

fitgirl2012
08-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Scorbett...you meantioned the crispy cereal pancakes, and for the life of me I can't find the recipe. Could you give it to me? Thanks soooo much!

lisa32989
08-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Scorbett...you meantioned the crispy cereal pancakes, and for the life of me I can't find the recipe. Could you give it to me? Thanks soooo much!

I'm not scorbett but look here

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/237731-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-3-a-3.html#post4248984

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardergirl
I make the cereal pancake every morning. I use
1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg
1pkg crushed IP crispy cereal
1 or 2 oz of water to make it not quite so thick

Makes 3 pancakes ( or 1 very big one lol)

fitgirl2012
08-12-2012, 02:47 PM

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/237731-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-3-a-3.html#post4248984

Quote:
1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder

Thanks Lisa! :)

Pilgrimage
08-12-2012, 04:54 PM

I like Vlasic Baby Dill pickles, myself :D

scorbett1103
08-12-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder

LOL that's the one!

scorbett1103
08-12-2012, 05:02 PM

Any dill pickle is fine, just avoid the SWEET pickles/sweet relish as they are cured with sugar. I bought the big jar of Vlasic whole dill pickles from Wal Mart and I've been having 1 cup of them for a snack every few days. LOVE pickles!

fitgirl2012
08-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Any dill pickle is fine, just avoid the SWEET pickles/sweet relish as they are cured with sugar. I bought the big jar of Vlasic whole dill pickles from Wal Mart and I've been having 1 cup of them for a snack every few days. LOVE pickles!

Hey, thanks! Is this 1 cup free food, like 2 egg whites?

fitgirl2012
08-12-2012, 06:22 PM
I like Vlasic Baby Dill pickles, myself :D

Thanks!

scorbett1103
08-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Hey, thanks! Is this 1 cup free food, like 2 egg whites?

Nope it counts as 1 cup of your veggies for the day.

drakegirl
08-12-2012, 06:59 PM

Clausen's halves have no added sugar or corn syrup and taste great!

drakegirl
08-12-2012, 07:04 PM
I had to laugh when I read the first post about this - I was so excited to start and my first drink was the pineapple banana drink and I gagged my way through it to get it down - I think that's how I was with my whole first week of trying things - but you figure out your own tastes. I can't stand any of the fruit flavored drinks or puddings - but I do like the blueberry, lemon, and strawberry puddings as pancakes (add 1 egg white and water until a batter consistency and make mini-pancakes - YUM and no WF syrup needed)

I like the fine omelet with lots of veggies, the cereal pancake, the potato puree - used to make other things - check out Rainbow's mixin' in the kitchen thread - she's AMAZING when it comes to recipes!
I do have specific things I like - I usually have a mug cake made out of the chocolate shake mix or I drink the chocolate shake mix hot (again, adding a lot more water than called for) at night and it's so soothing and relaxing -
I LOVE the peanut butter crunch bars and the southwest cheese curls - look forward to my one restricted each day - I'm 5 1/2 months in and I really don't often miss "real" food - I know I'll get it again someday - but my tastes really have gotten used to it - so will yours - and the payoff is WAY worth it!
Good luck!

aliceinseattle
08-12-2012, 07:34 PM

This is so true! My first ever IP packet was the chocolate drink mix which I hated, but a week after, I am loving it!!! I also used to be super sensitive to any kind of artificial sweetener (never drank diet/zero soda or ate sugar-free snacks) so I was kind of dreading the sweet IP packets but surprisingly, nothing has been terrible. Your taste buds will definitely change and things will get easier. AND you'll get more creative with IP food so just hang in there. :)

drakegirl
08-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Wrap is easy :) Put a little more water in the potato purée than called for, until it is somewhat liquid and easy to spread. Heat up some cooking spray in a nonstick pan, then spread as thin as possible, cook both sides and voila. Delicious with sauteed peppers or any other vegetable you like.

I just made the wrap - thanks SO much for the idea - it was great!

SheenaB
08-12-2012, 09:49 PM
I had to laugh when I read the first post about this - I was so excited to start and my first drink was the pineapple banana drink and I gagged my way through it to get it down - I think that's how I was with my whole first week of trying things - but you figure out your own tastes. I can't stand any of the fruit flavored drinks or puddings - but I do like the blueberry, lemon, and strawberry puddings as pancakes (add 1 egg white and water until a batter consistency and make mini-pancakes - YUM and no WF syrup needed)

I like the fine omelet with lots of veggies, the cereal pancake, the potato puree - used to make other things - check out Rainbow's mixin' in the kitchen thread - she's AMAZING when it comes to recipes!
I do have specific things I like - I usually have a mug cake made out of the chocolate shake mix or I drink the chocolate shake mix hot (again, adding a lot more water than called for) at night and it's so soothing and relaxing -
I LOVE the peanut butter crunch bars and the southwest cheese curls - look forward to my one restricted each day - I'm 5 1/2 months in and I really don't often miss "real" food - I know I'll get it again someday - but my tastes really have gotten used to it - so will yours - and the payoff is WAY worth it!
Good luck!

I posted this thread over 4 weeks ago and boy have I come a loooong way! You are so right about choking down the first few things until you find what's right for you!

I also agree that my tastes have changed and I don't feel I'm missing much but not having 'real' food. Plus this isn't forever!

And Rainbows page is awesome! Great place for ideas- so is recipes from Finland! Keep 'em coming! ;)

Megan33
08-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Here's my take on this: Some of the packets are good, some not so good. All the advice above is great! Thursday or Friday I posted a comment about how nasty this crap was to choke down. I'm over it now. The first day I lost 3.5 pounds, since then I've lost 1+ lb/ day!!!!! ( I started Aug 1). I am beyond done with being fat. I will do WHATEVER it takes to lose weight. I will be 40 next year and I've spent the last 26 years (holy sh*t!!) being obese or morbidly obese. The time just flew by, I have no idea where it went. You look like you may be in your 20's (your baby is adorable, by the way!!!) so you have a SUPER LONG life ahead of you!! Don't wait 20+ years to do something about it, do it NOW!! If you stick with it, by next February you could be in Onederland!!!! You CAN do it!!!!
Oh my, sorry about that, I kinda went crazy with this post. :-)

Good luck!! :-)

Megan33
08-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Oops. I just realized that the OP posted this back in mid-July. I should probably pay attention to dates! Good for you for sticking with it!!

SheenaB
08-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Here's my take on this: Some of the packets are good, some not so good. All the advice above is great! Thursday or Friday I posted a comment about how nasty this crap was to choke down. I'm over it now. The first day I lost 3.5 pounds, since then I've lost 1+ lb/ day!!!!! ( I started Aug 1). I am beyond done with being fat. I will do WHATEVER it takes to lose weight. I will be 40 next year and I've spent the last 26 years (holy sh*t!!) being obese or morbidly obese. The time just flew by, I have no idea where it went. You look like you may be in your 20's (your baby is adorable, by the way!!!) so you have a SUPER LONG life ahead of you!! Don't wait 20+ years to do something about it, do it NOW!! If you stick with it, by next February you could be in Onederland!!!! You CAN do it!!!!
Oh my, sorry about that, I kinda went crazy with this post. :-)

Good luck!! :-)

Good for you! I know how hard it is. It really is a battle.
And January 2011-May 2011 I committed myself to losing weight so I can be here for my kids. I lost 50 pounds with Weight Watchers. I got pregnant in May 2011 and when I had my son in December I decided to go back to WW. In 4 months I only lost 3 pounds.. That was daunting. After tests with my doctor came back negative she suggested a low carb diet. I had no idea how to be on a low carb diet so I googled low carb diets and IP popped up. I can't believe how good I feel and how fast the weight is coming off (hopefully I don't jinx myself for tomorrow ;)) but 13 pounds in 3 weeks isn't too shabby! I'm sooooooo thankful I found this forum. Without the support from everyone on here and my coach I'm sure I would have quit by now!

Thanks so much for the encouragement! YOU are also going to succeed!!! I can't wait to read about your progress!! :):):):)