WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 01:46 PM   #1  

Default Good Ole Trader Joes

Going on vacation this Friday splitting time between visiting relatives in Utah and Las Vegas.

I heard Las Vegas has a Trader Joe's and my wonderful husband and equally wonderful son are game to tag along on my shopping trip. The question is what to buy?

Now I have had their Chai Tea mix (gift from my mom) and LOVE it so that it is on the list. Pirate's Booty - on the list. That's about it as far as my list goes. Any "shouldn't miss" suggestions from the group?

Eve

P.S. Anybody a Las Vegas weigher? If so, what is a good day to weigh - group/leader wise?

Not a weight watcher question - Can you use Micheal's (the craft store) coupons between states?
Old 04-15-2003, 01:03 PM   #2  

Default tRADER jOES

I Love Trader Joes!!! I call it my $50.00 store. If your going to bring a cooler, I would buy the Smoked chicken/turkey links. Only two points a piece. They go great on a roll with some provalone and SS on top. Great meal for 6-8 points. Buy some choc soy nuts, some 0sweet potaoe chips, olives, canned turkey chili(2)points,olives, artichoke hearts- cheaper than the store......
Gosh there is soooo much. Bring your point finder. Their dairy products cheeses and sour creams are just the best Iv'e ever found. Bring big ziplock bags and fill your perishables , then top with lots of ice. Definenilty worth the effort.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:33 PM   #3  

I have a list of food to buy at TJ's that I copied from another board, if you like I can post. I haven't tried all the items, but I love shopping there and I trying new foods.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:34 PM   #4  

TJ's has these super high fiber tortillas...15 grams of fiber, 100 calories for a burrito sized tortilla, and I think 8 grams of fiber, ? calories for a fajita sized tortilla.
They are very tasty, but you can't eat more than 1 or 2 a day, otherwise you will spend way too much time in the bathroom.

The fresh salads are good too. $3ish for a good salad that is flavorful and pretty healthy. Make sure you opt for the low fat ones.

And while this isn't the healthiest, they sell this bread with swiss cheese baked into it! It is sooo yummy. Especially with salami. Mmmm.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:48 AM   #5  

Some of my Trader Joe's Favorites include

Vanilla & Chocolate Cat's Cookies

Pirates Booty

Cafe Twists

No Pudge Brownies

Organic Hamburger Buns (we bought them after we tried them for free - they were giving away hamburgers on Memorial Day)
Old 06-06-2003, 01:59 PM   #6  
Chick

Would it be possible to post the list of Trader Joe's foods? I go there once a week and I'm over whelmed by all the great foods that are jumping at me!! "Buy me, buy me". So, some guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
googies
Old 06-11-2003, 10:02 AM   #7  

Here's a link from Dotties Weight Loss Zone for TJ's

http://www.dwlz.com/Restaurants/traderjoes.html
Old 06-13-2003, 07:06 PM   #8  

Default Love em!!

Their Chicken Egg Rolls are only 2 pts each, HUGE, and delicious.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:27 PM   #9  

Does Trader Joes have an online way to buy their food? I had never heard of them.
Closed Thread