Ideal Protein Diet - Advice????

View Full Version : Advice????

Lian
07-16-2012, 09:56 AM
I have to phrase out for my holiday I am suppose to be in maintenance in the next 13 days......But what is throwing me off is that I had a cheat sat night, so I did phrase 1 yesterday do I continue until I am in ketosis again? or do I go back onto phrase 2?
I would love to lose another 5 pounds but I know I have to get onto phrase 3atleast by the weekend?
What would you sujjest I follow now like I said would love to lose 5 more but know I have to do this properly????
Did any of you lose on phrase 3???
Thank you all, you have been so very helpful......:)

wuv2bloved
07-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Its going to take you 3-5 days to get back into ketosis so I would just start phase 3 now. There is a chance that you will lose in phase 3 but you may also have a gain, just depends on how your body reacts to putting the carbs back into your body.

Lian
07-16-2012, 12:35 PM
You have done amazing congratulations.....and thank you for your advice!!!

wuv2bloved
07-16-2012, 12:38 PM
You have done amazing congratulations.....and thank you for your advice!!!

Thank you and you are welcome, don't make this harder on yourself

pitakitten
07-16-2012, 02:34 PM
I have to phrase out for my holiday I am suppose to be in maintenance in the next 13 days......But what is throwing me off is that I had a cheat sat night, so I did phrase 1 yesterday do I continue until I am in ketosis again? or do I go back onto phrase 2?
I would love to lose another 5 pounds but I know I have to get onto phrase 3atleast by the weekend?
What would you sujjest I follow now like I said would love to lose 5 more but know I have to do this properly????
Did any of you lose on phrase 3???
Thank you all, you have been so very helpful......:)

I would not worry about the cheat at all. Remember you are NOT getting back all your glycogen reserves back just with one cheat. I bet you will be back in ketosis within 24 to 36 hours. phase 2 and one are not very different, the only purpose of phase 2 is so that your body gets used to having solid "real" protein for lunch. I personally would continue with phase 2 and not change anything.

As far as loosing in phase 3: yes, I went into phase 3 at 137 and lost another 12...note: I started working out heavily as soon as I was able to have the breakfast that you can have in phase 3.

Lian
07-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Ok sounds good, thank you I wondered if it was possible to lose in phrase 3thats great to hear....are you doing more cardio or weights?
I kinda have followed phrase 2 today so far,
How long did you follow phrase 3 for?
I leave on holiday on July 29th, how long would you sujjest I do phrase 3 for?
I really appreciate your advice thank you.........

pitakitten
07-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Ok sounds good, thank you I wondered if it was possible to lose in phrase 3thats great to hear....are you doing more cardio or weights?
I kinda have followed phrase 2 today so far,
How long did you follow phrase 3 for?
I leave on holiday on July 29th, how long would you sujjest I do phrase 3 for?
I really appreciate your advice thank you.........

wish I remembered how long I did phase 3, we are talking 2 years ago. Both actually, I had started with weight training in phase 2, twice a week with a trainer then I started running and doing boot camp classes in phase 3. I remember in november of 2010 I was actually at 123. My body didn't like that at all and it seemed that 125 to 127 was where I was happy and looked the healthiest.

as you can see I am re booting now to get rid of 10 pounds I had gained by being bad for a few months. my coach said do phase 3 for minimum of one week then start having carbs for dinner; based on that start the phase 3 a week before 29th then you can have a little bit of carb and freedom when you are on holidays.

Lian
07-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Perfect thats very helpful thank you, So I will start phrase 3 maybe then saturday then the following sunday do maintenance...........ok now I gotta be extra good, so my shorts fit..........:D I got 6 more days!!!!!!!!!!

galpal445
07-17-2012, 10:45 AM
From what I have read, it is important to be on Phase 3 for 2 weeks. You no longer have that amount of time so it is important to get started on Phase 3 right away.

Lori T
07-17-2012, 01:20 PM
I too am leaving for vacation next week and so my coach put me on P2 for just one week and I started P3 two days ago. She said they wanted me on each of the two phases for the same length of time. A little shorter than what is usually suggested, but I want to be able to be on maintenance when we leave. I have still been losing a few lbs as I have been on P2 and it looks like maybe still a little more according to my scale this morning. I have a weigh in this morning and look forward to what their scale says. This is such an awesome program!

Lian
07-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Ok good to know, I am loving this diet so much but excited for phrase 3 and 4....good luck with your weigh in, I have been on phrase 2 on and off for about a week I guess then will start phase 3 saturday.....how long does she want you to follow phrase 2 & 3 for?
Do you want to lose much more?