Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 07/16/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 07/16/12

rissimo
07-16-2012, 06:25 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

shathom
07-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Good morning all, hope everyone has a wonderful Monday. Ris, thanks for starting the thread, you are looking great! For all that are struggling, please remember that we can only do this one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time, you are not alone come here to get a dose of encouragement and inspiration. Together we all will reach our goals! :goodscale

guttergirl9
07-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Well today is the start of week 2 for me. I did my weigh in yesterday and I'm down 8lbs and 4 in :carrot: I haven't had any side effects (beside a little nausea on the 2nd day) so I know I'm lucky, but I almost feel like I'm not doing something right or not in ketosis because of this. I figure as long as I'm losing I guess it doesn't really matter. I still haven't be able to find the correct salt. I'll have to order Real salt from their site. I haven't had any salt in 4 or 5 days so almost wondering if I really need it. I know I need the sodium, but wondering if I must be getting enough since it's not bothering me.
I'm going to try and experiment w/ turnips and radishes today!!!! Bake or Fry?
Hope everyone is having a good day so far :D

jwdesselle
07-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Good morning everyone. I woke up to the ability to finally create a signature and to another loss of lbs. Today is going to be a great day!

Chloe222
07-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Good morning all,
Had my WI last week and down .6 lb. I'll take it! It all adds up. Have to admit, I wasn't drinking the water as I was in situations for several days running where I didn't have a bathroom handy for 3-4 hours at a stretch so had to be careful.

Anyway, I'm way behind on reading the daily chat - hope all have been doing well. If you are finding IP difficult, and you find a few extra minutes/day, try reading Dr Tran's book (last link in intro post for this thread). It explains so much that it makes staying on this diet easier, really. It took me days to read it and it was so helpful. Remember, this diet has a medical basis and when you consider the implications of that, its easier to be OP.

Wishing all of you a great OP day!

Chloe222
07-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Oh, forgot to add, re "Real salt", the IP recommended brand - I bought a 26 oz pouch through Amazon last week for $8.37. Added a book from my wish list and I had free S&H (total was over $25.)

Guttergirl, yes, you need the salt and Real Salt provides extra minerals that are important. Good luck and have a great OP day!

guttergirl9
07-16-2012, 08:43 AM
I'll try to order the salt today!!!

GrandmaKiss
07-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Hello friends.

I've changed my weigh-in to Monday morning now that I've ditched my coach. Comparing homescale to homescale I lost 5.2 lbs this week which is AMAZING for a post-menopausal couch potato. My 7 week total is 29 lbs and I can't believe it. 9 inches off my WAIST in that amount of time too.

My husband are laying bets on when the first person to notice will say anything. My experience is that it will be another 20 pounds, but he thinks it will be any day now. Though I did have someone tell me yesterday that my dress looked great on me and I should make more in the same pattern because it was so flattering, so I guess that was close.

I hope all you IPers new and old have a great day and it is the beginning of a great week. I am finally back to full energy (maybe even plus a little), I was surprised that I was still feeling wimpy and dizzy a full month after starting.

Thanks for this great board. It is my motivation and it keeps me going.

PhoenixRisingAgain
07-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Good Monday Morning IP Chicks! Hope you all had a nice weekend. I took it very easy-peasy this weekend as my RA went into an ugly flare starting Friday. I managed to stay 100% OP, which is a breakthrough for me -- usually when a bad flare hits I reach for the bad stuff and plenty of it. NOT THIS TIME!!!

It's going to be very hot this week where I am, so already filling my water bottle plenty -- I think I need a bitter bottle, it goes down too fast these days, lol.

Happy OP day to you all!

~phoenix~

Meagan240
07-16-2012, 09:03 AM
I had a terrible dream - I drank a whole 20 oz. Sunkist... I don't even like Sunkist! I woke up terrified that I had cheated. Whew. Nope, just my brain. Everyone have a great Monday! :D

usmcvet
07-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Good morning all, hope everyone has a wonderful Monday. Ris, thanks for starting the thread, you are looking great! For all that are struggling, please remember that we can only do this one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time, you are not alone come here to get a dose of encouragement and inspiration. Together we all will reach our goals! :goodscale i hope you had some good quite time over the weekend. I love you sig photo. Awesome smile.

Good morning everyone. I woke up to the ability to finally create a signature and to another loss of lbs. Today is going to be a great day! dude is that like a pound a day! Awesome!!!!!

Good morning all,
Had my WI last week and down .6 lb. I'll take it! It all adds up. Have to admit, I wasn't drinking the water as I was in situations for several days running where I didn't have a bathroom handy for 3-4 hours at a stretch so had to be careful.

Anyway, I'm way behind on reading the daily chat - hope all have been doing well. If you are finding IP difficult, and you find a few extra minutes/day, try reading Dr Tran's book (last link in intro post for this thread). It explains so much that it makes staying on this diet easier, really. It took me days to read it and it was so helpful. Remember, this diet has a medical basis and when you consider the implications of that, its easier to be OP.

I've skimmed it. I'm going to read it.

From yesterday.

Beck

Thank you I'm going to buy the little ice cream maker. I read a bunch of reviews too. Amazon has an excellent return policy so if the bowls break I am confident I can get them swapped out.

dizzyjean
07-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Morning Chicks! The weekend was way too short, but I lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks at my WI. Happiness is 2 pounds from the halfway mark!!! Decided to stay with my current clinic, tough decision, but I like the coaching.
Stay safe all.

aimeed3
07-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Morning Everyone,

It's the dreaded Monday morning and I am soooo feeling it. I woke up at 1am to find my 7 year old playing games on the laptop in my bed, lol. So I am definitely feeling a little sleepy this morning.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I lurked the boards yesterday and some the day before but I didnt post.

BIG HUGE CONGRATS to all the losers over the weekend and also to everyone that stayed OP. I stayed OP but the scale isnt moving still. WI is tomorrow so if I stay the same, so be it. I should have a good loss the following week then right?

Last night was the very first time I ate salmon. I bought some and wanted to try it. When I opened up the package I was a little grossed out to see the scales still on the other side. I really seriously thought about throwing it away but I didnt. I cooked it in the oven. When it was done, I just turned it over and peeled all the scales off (which came off very easily) and it was absolutely delicious. My son even liked it and he's kind of picky, my hubby didnt care for it too much. Next time I get some I think we'll put it on the grill. I heard it was good that way.

Another hot one today. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

clh99002
07-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Good morning!

I am a newbie with IP, just started on Saturday. So far so good, except I must not have added enough water to my omelet because seemed grainy today, oh well. I look forward to hearing your recipe ideas! have a great day!

Christine

PhoenixRisingAgain
07-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Good morning!

I am a newbie with IP, just started on Saturday. So far so good, except I must not have added enough water to my omelet because seemed grainy today, oh well. I look forward to hearing your recipe ideas! have a great day!

Christine

Welcome aboard! Can't help you with the omelet issue, as I use alternative products, but just wanted to say welcome to the support board on the internet!

rainbowsmiles
07-16-2012, 09:22 AM
good beautiful HAPPY MONDAY morning everyone :wave:
hope everyone had a GREAT weekend and are all happy to be lucky enough to start another IP week together!! :D :D :D :D :dance:
dance like your on IP :dance:

Good morning everyone. I woke up to the ability to finally create a signature and to another loss of lbs. Today is going to be a great day!

WOW!!!!!!! you are just ripping through this protocol!!! AWESOME!! :strong:

Good morning all,

you have a great OP day too :hug::hug: DRINK YOUR WATER!! :)
so true about the "medial" implications!! thats why i wear my "medical" bracelet all the time to help remind me....this is NO ORDINARY DIET and it is certainly NOT FOR ORDINARY PEOPLE!!!
we are ALL EXTRA-ORDINARY!!!!

Hello friends.

I've changed my weigh-in to Monday morning now that I've ditched my coach. Comparing homescale to homescale I lost 5.2 lbs this week which is AMAZING for a post-menopausal couch potato. My 7 week total is 29 lbs and I can't believe it. 9 inches off my WAIST in that amount of time too.

My husband are laying bets on when the first person to notice will say anything. My experience is that it will be another 20 pounds, but he thinks it will be any day now. Though I did have someone tell me yesterday that my dress looked great on me and I should make more in the same pattern because it was so flattering, so I guess that was close.

I hope all you IPers new and old have a great day and it is the beginning of a great week. I am finally back to full energy (maybe even plus a little), I was surprised that I was still feeling wimpy and dizzy a full month after starting.

HOLY COW!!!! what a fantastic weekly weight loss!!! :dance: :yay: :cheer2:
way to go grandma!!!!!!!!!! i'm still waiting on someone, anyone to notice!!! how much does a fat chic have to lose for goodness sakes before someone (besides dh) will notice!! sheeesh....it is frustrating sometimes!! saw my mum for the first time in 2 months and sheeesh, even she didn't notice!!! i am the fattest in my family, so just guess not noticed....oh well....i plug along anyway!!

Good Monday Morning IP Chicks! Hope you all had a nice weekend. I took it very easy-peasy this weekend as my RA went into an ugly flare starting Friday. I managed to stay 100% OP, which is a breakthrough for me -- usually when a bad flare hits I reach for the bad stuff and plenty of it. NOT THIS TIME!!!

It's going to be very hot this week where I am, so already filling my water bottle plenty -- I think I need a bitter bottle, it goes down too fast these days, lol.

Happy OP day to you all!

~phoenix~

stay cool!!!! its been uber hot here too in the south...hot humid and sticky ugggg BUT....sure makes it easier to drink water all day long haha
have a GREAT day!! :yay:

Thank you I'm going to buy the little ice cream maker. I read a bunch of reviews too. Amazon has an excellent return policy so if the bowls break I am confident I can get them swapped out.

enjoy your ice cream maker!!!!! yum!!! thanks for the xoxo too, made my day!!! :o:o

rainbowsmiles
07-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Morning Chicks! The weekend was way too short, but I lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks at my WI. Happiness is 2 pounds from the halfway mark!!! Decided to stay with my current clinic, tough decision, but I like the coaching.
Stay safe all.

woohooo on your getting so close to your halfway mark!! :hug::hug: i know that must be super exciting!!! C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E!!!! :cheer:

Morning Everyone,

It's the dreaded Monday morning and I am soooo feeling it. I woke up at 1am to find my 7 year old playing games on the laptop in my bed, lol. So I am definitely feeling a little sleepy this morning.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I lurked the boards yesterday and some the day before but I didnt post.

BIG HUGE CONGRATS to all the losers over the weekend and also to everyone that stayed OP. I stayed OP but the scale isnt moving still. WI is tomorrow so if I stay the same, so be it. I should have a good loss the following week then right?

Last night was the very first time I ate salmon. I bought some and wanted to try it. When I opened up the package I was a little grossed out to see the scales still on the other side. I really seriously thought about throwing it away but I didnt. I cooked it in the oven. When it was done, I just turned it over and peeled all the scales off (which came off very easily) and it was absolutely delicious. My son even liked it and he's kind of picky, my hubby didnt care for it too much. Next time I get some I think we'll put it on the grill. I heard it was good that way.

Another hot one today. Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

HAPPY MONDAY AiMEE!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:
i made fish for the first time this weekend too, mahi mahi and oh my it was heavenly good!!! isn't it nice to be surprised when something turns out good, that you thought might be yuk!! haha

Good morning!

Christine
:welcome: this is a fantastic thread with amazing advice, hints, and support!!!!!!!!!!!! come visit often!!!

Heitina
07-16-2012, 09:32 AM
It's been a good OP weekend. Found it tough yesterday, at the market. I thought it would be the fresh bread and baking that would get me - but it was the fruit that was holding my interest. Wow, if I was gonna cheat it would be with watermelon or strawberries - not bread or goodies????? Now, that is progress! Not that cheating is an option - i'm staying OP cause I want to do this right & I feel so freakin' good.
Have an incredible Monday everyone :)
Stay OP....it is soooooooo worth it!!!!!:D

locopollo
07-16-2012, 09:37 AM

No frying. Cut up your veggies, put them in a plastic bag, add your 1 tsp. of EVOO, move veggies around in the sealed bag to coat, pour onto baking sheet and season with salt and pepper and whatever else you'd like. Bake.

I have not caught up with the weekend thread, but I did spy the recipe for angel food cake. :D

I got a $20 ice cream maker at Walmart, but it's huge. I'd like a single serving one. Recommendations? I will check out amazon. I made a double RTD last night in the big one (I was behind on food so I doubled up). HUGE bowl of frozen RTD! I had to put a sweater on. :lol:

Too much weekend fun, and not enough rest. :( Better plan a quieter weekend coming up.

JW, look at your awesome weightloss!

Have a great IP day!:carrot:

Heitina
07-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Oh Rainbowsmiles what a giggle I got...."dance like you're on IP" I have no idea why that comment made me laugh out loud. Perhaps it's because I always dance in my kitchen in the morning. It may look like i'm doing some uncoordinated twitching but hey.....I'm shaking what momma gave me and feeling good while doing it!!!!!

NOVAScents
07-16-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm kicking myself this morning. I'm on phase 2 and the past two days I've gained. Not sure why other than maybe I didn't get enough water in (I was running all weekend). Of course its WI day. HOPEFULLY I still lose!! Maybe the whoosh fairy will visit me and make this weight magically go away!

On a side note, I went to the phase 2/3 meeting at my clinic this weekend and now I cannot stop dreaming about Phase 3 breakfast. It's going to make these next two weeks horrible!!!

GeauxTigers82
07-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Morning everyone! I am sitting on the sofa enjoying my coffee, finishing up some crispy cereal pancakes, playing around on my iPad with sponge bob in the background. My 2 kiddos are sitting nicely next to each other watching the yellow sponge on tv. Life is good! I can't believe my summer is almost over. I will be back to school (I'm a teacher) in less than a month :mad:

My baby boy (2.5 years old) has been in underwear the last 2 days. No accidents and 3 pees in the potty. He is a smart cookie! He holds it all until I put the pull up on him for bedtime....:dizzy:

My scale showed me officially at a 20 lb loss. I weigh in tomorrow, so we will see!

Hope everyone has a great op day!

Beck81
07-16-2012, 10:01 AM
:flow1: Good morning everyone. It's going to be hot one here today, close to 100! :flame:

Vet, good luck with your ice cream and let us know how you like it.

Rainbow, it seem to take me about 40 lbs lost before people would comment. Before that they would say they liked my hair or a certain color looked good on me. They don't want to ask you if they're not sure and make you feel bad if you didn't lose. I think it's better incentive when they haven't commented to keep on loosing, so keep on dropping the lbs! :hug::cheer2:

WI #12 today and it doesn't feel like I have dropped much this week. I only had 3 restricteds and walked a total of 13 miles. Wish me luck.

DayDay615
07-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Good morning! I would like to introduce myself. My name is Dana and today is my first day on IP. I am so nervous about the first 4 days. I have read they are killer. I want to say that reading all of your success stories has been motivation to try this diet. I look forward to writing my own success story soon!

Beck81
07-16-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm kicking myself this morning. I'm on phase 2 and the past two days I've gained. Not sure why other than maybe I didn't get enough water in (I was running all weekend). Of course its WI day. HOPEFULLY I still lose!! Maybe the whoosh fairy will visit me and make this weight magically go away!

On a side note, I went to the phase 2/3 meeting at my clinic this weekend and now I cannot stop dreaming about Phase 3 breakfast. It's going to make these next two weeks horrible!!!

I love your new picture Nova!! You're looking pretty skinny to me! Good luck at your WI!

DayDay615
07-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Hi! Congrats on starting IP. Today is my first day. I am so nervous yet excited! Maybe we can motivate each other along the way!

Beck81
07-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Good morning! I would like to introduce myself. My name is Dana and today is my first day on IP. I am so nervous about the first 4 days. I have read they are killer. I want to say that reading all of your success stories has been motivation to try this diet. I look forward to writing my own success story soon!

Welcome Dana! The first 4 days are not fun but just tell yourself, one day at a time. Believe me, it gets way better after that and then becomes routine. This forum helps so much so read as much as you can and ask any questions. We're here for you!

GeauxTigers82
07-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Welcome to the newbies!!! Day 2 was the worst for me, and it was just the headaches that got to me. But, that's how I knew it was working!!

I don't ever stick to anything, and I am one to make excuses so I can give up. There is no option to give up! This has been the easiest (and most exciting) diet I have ever been on...it is also my LAST!

Check out all the cool recipes you can do with the packets. I love turning my crispy cereal into pancakes! This is a great place to get advice, info, and a quick kick in the butt (if you need it). Congrats on making a great decision and welcome again!!

jennlnige
07-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Good Monday Morning!! The start of day 6 for me. Got on the scale this morning and was up .6 from yesterday:?: Like my Husband said, I'm not in Ketosis yet, and probably won't show any losses til I am. One thing that could be slowing me up is it has only been a week since I stopped breast feeding my son. It was only once a day, at night before he went to bed, but I still have to dry up yet. And I was reading yesterday that the milk gets reabsorbed. Soooo...that makes me wonder if I'm getting more calories/carbs then I think I am. I wouldn't think that it would make a big difference, but who knows.

Well I hope everyone has a great OP Monday!!!!:)

-Jennifer

GrandmaKiss
07-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Oh Rainbowsmiles what a giggle I got...."dance like you're on IP" I have no idea why that comment made me laugh out loud. Perhaps it's because I always dance in my kitchen in the morning. It may look like i'm doing some uncoordinated twitching but hey.....I'm shaking what momma gave me and feeling good while doing it!!!!!

The little boy in front of me at church yesterday (guessing 18 months) kept jumping on the pew squeeling "boo" every time he did. His poor Mum was going crazy, but the boy was having a great time. His sister (age 3) was twirling to make her dress flare. I beant over and said the my friend "why did we ever stop jumping and twirling? When did we stop moving just to feel the joy of our bodies moving?" So, Miss Heitina, you just keep on dancing, enjoy the gift of having a body that can do cool things.

Rhonduz
07-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Good morning everyone! Happy Monday :)

Geaux-I'm a teacher also. We start Aug 14 and we are transitioning to total digital conversion. Oh fun! What grade do you teach. I teach 7th science. Last year was my first year in 7th after teaching 8th for 20 years. There sure was a big difference that I didn't expect. Packed lots of pounds from that! Good luck when you return.

I have WI 6 tomorrow. According to my scale things are looking good! Have a great OP day everyone!
Rhonda

GeauxTigers82
07-16-2012, 10:39 AM

Geaux-I'm a teacher also. We start Aug 14 and we are transitioning to total digital conversion. Oh fun! What grade do you teach. I teach 7th science. Last year was my first year in 7th after teaching 8th for 20 years. There sure was a big difference that I didn't expect. Packed lots of pounds from that! Good luck when you return.

I have WI 6 tomorrow. According to my scale things are looking good! Have a great OP day everyone!
Rhonda

Our first day is August 13th, but in service starts the 6th. This will be my 3rd year teaching 4th grade. I taught 3 years of 6-8th social studies in Georgia, 2 years of high school senior theology in Louisiana, and now 3 years of 4th grade in Texas. My husband is military, so we move a lot. I loved teaching the seniors, and it was a fabulous school. I wish we were still there.

I usually go the last week in July to decorate my room, but we will be out of town that week. So, I went last week and got it all done. I dread going back, but my own children are driving me nuts, so it might be a nice break!

Do you know which publisher you use for science textbooks? We just got new textbooks, and we went with the harcourt fusion series. I hope they are good!

Rhonduz
07-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Beaux - sent you a pm I think.

patns
07-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Seems strange to be reading about going back to school already. We just finished on June 30th. I love summer break but it sure goes by in the blink of an eye!

mooselover
07-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Good morning everyone. Welcome to all the newbies. You can do this!!! Don't worry about the first few days. They are rough, but you can handle it. We all did. You will be amazed how easy IP becomes. It becomes a way of life and you will soon be scared to phase off. It still amazes me on a daily basis. IP has changed my life and it will change your life too!!!

julied31
07-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Last night I had 2 glasses of Sprite Zero -- I had just gotten done golfing and it was SO hot and it just sounded good. I knew it didn't have phosphoric acid in it, so hopefully it won't be too bad for me!

It's my TOM starting today, so hopefully I'll be less *****y for the rest of the week! Maybe the heat's had something to do with it, too!!!

usmcvet
07-16-2012, 11:21 AM
good beautiful HAPPY MONDAY morning everyone :wave:
hope everyone had a GREAT weekend and are all happy to be lucky enough to start another IP week together!! :D :D :D :D :dance:
dance like your on IP :dance:

enjoy your ice cream maker!!!!! yum!!! thanks for the xoxo too, made my day!!! :o:o

I will let you know it works out.

XOXO!

Hi! Congrats on starting IP. Today is my first day. I am so nervous yet excited! Maybe we can motivate each other along the way!

Welcome. This,rocks.,stick with it and check in here as often as you can and need. It helps.

The little boy in front of me at church yesterday (guessing 18 months) kept jumping on the pew squeeling "boo" every time he did. His poor Mum was going crazy, but the boy was having a great time. His sister (age 3) was twirling to make her dress flare. I beant over and said the my friend "why did we ever stop jumping and twirling? When did we stop moving just to feel the joy of our bodies moving?" So, Miss Heitina, you just keep on dancing, enjoy the gift of having a body that can do cool things.
That is a beautiful statement.
Beaux - sent you a pm I think.

Not sure you can before 20/20 posts&days

wuv2bloved
07-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Well today is the start of week 2 for me. I did my weigh in yesterday and I'm down 8lbs and 4 in :carrot: I haven't had any side effects (beside a little nausea on the 2nd day) so I know I'm lucky, but I almost feel like I'm not doing something right or not in ketosis because of this. I figure as long as I'm losing I guess it doesn't really matter. I still haven't be able to find the correct salt. I'll have to order Real salt from their site. I haven't had any salt in 4 or 5 days so almost wondering if I really need it. I know I need the sodium, but wondering if I must be getting enough since it's not bothering me.
FRY???...NOOOOO frying!! and yes you need your salt for your electrolytes and BP VERY important!

Good morning!

Christine
Welcome to the IP family, you will enjoy the program. Make yourself accountable with us and check in every morning :)

Welcome to the IP family as well. Make this board one of your staples in your everyday journey and check in for accountablity. Checking in will keep you motivated and that little bit of push when you are feeling down. Remember we are all on the same journey just at a different pace. NEVER compare yourself to anyone else, this is YOUR individual journey :)

pianonan
07-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Good Morning All! Had my first WI today! Down 8 lbs WOO HOO! Mostly water I think, but still makes it easier to stay motivated :)

I had a real shock when I bought my first week of IP food....$112! Ouch, I knew it was expensive, but I thought my coach said it would be more like $87 a week. Does anyone have any ideas on ways to keep things more affordable?

I'm enjoying reading all of your posts. Everyone seems so helpful and genuine. I love that! Week 2 here I come.......

Rhonduz
07-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Ok Geaux - thought I sent a pm but maybe I can't yet. We have a variety of texts but prentice hall for middle school science. This is our last year for textbooks as every child will have computers (this should be fun) (eye roll). Anyway prentice hall is designing an exclusive digital resource for our district. (this also should be fun) hehe glad I started this diet during summer break. I'm in central il and its all about the tests.

wuv2bloved
07-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Good Morning All! Had my first WI today! Down 8 lbs WOO HOO! Mostly water I think, but still makes it easier to stay motivated :)

I had a real shock when I bought my first week of IP food....$112! Ouch, I knew it was expensive, but I thought my coach said it would be more like $87 a week. Does anyone have any ideas on ways to keep things more affordable?

I'm enjoying reading all of your posts. Everyone seems so helpful and genuine. I love that! Week 2 here I come.......

How many boxes of products did you get? if you break it down you are paying about $5 for one packet of food which is a meal + veggies....where can you go out to eat, pay $5 for a meal and be healthy? No where that I know of

pianonan
07-16-2012, 11:36 AM
How many boxes of products did you get? if you break it down you are paying about $5 for one packet of food which is a meal + veggies....where can you go out to eat, pay $5 for a meal and be healthy? No where that I know of
So True! I guess I didn't think of it that way. I forget I haven't been eating out or buying as much in groceries! Thanks!

wuv2bloved
07-16-2012, 11:39 AM
So True! I guess I didn't think of it that way. I forget I haven't been eating out or buying as much in groceries! Thanks!

EXACTLY!!!!......:)

Tigerlvr52
07-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Good Morning IP'ers it is a glorious grey day here in Seattle. Just the weather I asked for... well I asked for not sweltering hot. So a few great things.

1: Went out with my DH and my 12 year old sister in law to Seattle yesterday and wandered around Pike's Place Market and didn't even get tempted to have anything off plan. I bought a treat of some Broccolini which I have never had. Then went to Dragon Fest in our International District and watched the dragons dance and smelled all the wonderful woks cooking up, and I munched on my bar.

2. WI #7 down another 2 lbs total of 43

3. Hit my mini goal of 30 lbs by my 30th birthday.

4: Today is my 30h Birthday.

Have a great great OP day everyone. Having a family dinner of burgers and salad and snow cones. I made snow cone syrup out of stevia and unsweetened koolaid. Just enough for me to have one :)

wuv2bloved
07-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Good Morning IP'ers it is a glorious grey day here in Seattle. Just the weather I asked for... well I asked for not sweltering hot. So a few great things.

1: Went out with my DH and my 12 year old sister in law to Seattle yesterday and wandered around Pike's Place Market and didn't even get tempted to have anything off plan. I bought a treat of some Broccolini which I have never had. Then went to Dragon Fest in our International District and watched the dragons dance and smelled all the wonderful woks cooking up, and I munched on my bar.

Have a great great OP day everyone. Having a family dinner of burgers and salad and snow cones. I made snow cone syrup out of stevia and unsweetened koolaid. Just enough for me to have one :)

Happy birthday....I hope you enjoy your day:hug:

locopollo
07-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Happy birthday, Tigerly!

rainbowsmiles
07-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Today is my 30h Birthday.
:)

:bday2you:

awesome weigh in!!1 way to go!! :bravo:

Rhonduz
07-16-2012, 11:49 AM

Happy birthday and congrats on reaching your mini goal!

guttergirl9
07-16-2012, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4406634]FRY???...NOOOOO frying!! and yes you need your salt for your electrolytes and BP VERY important!

I only listed that because I saw on the turnip thread that someone does their's that way in evoo. Also my mom tried to bake them and said they turned out mushy. I'll stick to my baking;)

wuv2bloved
07-16-2012, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4406634]FRY???...NOOOOO frying!! and yes you need your salt for your electrolytes and BP VERY important!

I only listed that because I saw on the turnip thread that someone does their's that way in evoo. Also my mom tried to bake them and said they turned out mushy. I'll stick to my baking;)

WHEW!!.....you had me freaking out!....lol

fam4me
07-16-2012, 12:03 PM

Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day and you are giving yourself the best birthday present ever by with IP!

darcrista
07-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Happy Birthday Tigerlver! That's a great birthday present-reaching your mini goal! YAY!

Happy Monday, everyone. Good luck to all this week.

Lately I have been feeling frustrated by my weight loss. As I had suspected, my clinic's scale was wayyyy off and so I actually have not lost as much as I thought. They replaced their scale with a new one last week. Of course they acted like everyone just had enormous weight gains and practically denied the whole thing. Anyone going to Columbia Physical Therapy in MD should know that you did not gain a ton of weight, it was actually their broken scale. I feel bad for all of the other clients they told had weight gain. Luckily, I had been tracking my weight loss at home with my own (very nice and brand new) scale so I had been wondering why there was such a difference. Too bad I assumed that a scale at a CLINIC would be more accurate. Anyway, with all the confusion, I feel like I am not doing as well on the diet as I had thought.. I seem to be hovering around 205 ibs. What makes this diet even more difficult for me is being a vegetarian.. I can't eat out, ever. I am getting bored with what I can eat. I had a goal in mind and an end date (a date I wanted to start phasing off) and now it looks like that is just not going to happen. And finally, my husband and I are going to a bed and breakfast in Lancaster, PA for a couple of days to celebrate our anniversary.. Staying 100% OP as a vegetarian on this trip, is going to be difficult. I am not going to quit right now.. but I almost feel like I could lose more weight and spend less money by buying a gym membership and just eating low carb, low fat.. Ugh IDK.. Well, for now, I am sticking to this and will give it some more time. Have a great week.

Veroli
07-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Hello everyone! I've been reading you for a longtime but never posted. This forum has been a wonderful tool in my diet. It's like a "virtual coach".
Thank you everyone. Have a great day!

Tigerlvr52
07-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Quick Question for the wiser IP folks... Yesterday I bought a Black Italian Summer Truffle ( the fungus not chocolate) with the intention of making truffle oil which is fantastic to cook with. I am pretty sure it should be ok.. but just want a double check.... any thoughts??

athebeach
07-16-2012, 12:18 PM

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great OP day. :carrot::carrot::broc::broc::bday2you::celebrate:

dizzyjean
07-16-2012, 12:19 PM
:flow1: Good morning everyone. It's going to be hot one here today, close to 100! :flame:

Vet, good luck with your ice cream and let us know how you like it.

Rainbow, it seem to take me about 40 lbs lost before people would comment. Before that they would say they liked my hair or a certain color looked good on me. They don't want to ask you if they're not sure and make you feel bad if you didn't lose. I think it's better incentive when they haven't commented to keep on loosing, so keep on dropping the lbs! :hug::cheer2:

WI #12 today and it doesn't feel like I have dropped much this week. I only had 3 restricteds and walked a total of 13 miles. Wish me luck.

Beck- the walking and less restricted is what I did to start the scale moving...hope it works for you!

bttrhalf
07-16-2012, 12:29 PM

have a very happy birthday. :hat:
I'm doing the Market on sunday with a girlfriend :carrot::carrot:
just a girls day out.

shathom
07-16-2012, 12:29 PM
i hope you had some good quite time over the weekend. I love you sig photo. Awesome smile.

Thank you Vet, yes, I did have my quiet time and it was FANTASTIC, you have a great smile as well how is your recovery coming along? :D:D

Stay safe all.
:bravo: great WI, almost half way, I can't wait til I get there.

Good morning!

Christine

:wel3fc::welcome::welcome3::welcome2:, welcome

:balloons::woo::gift::bday2::bday2you::celebrate: Hope you have many many more!

dizzyjean
07-16-2012, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=darcrista;4406712
Lately I have been feeling frustrated by my weight loss. As I had suspected, my clinic's scale was wayyyy off and so I actually have not lost as much as I thought. They replaced their scale with a new one last week. Of course they acted like everyone just had enormous weight gains and practically denied the whole thing. Anyone going to Columbia Physical Therapy in MD should know that you did not gain a ton of weight, it was actually their broken scale. I feel bad for all of the other clients they told had weight gain. Luckily, I had been tracking my weight loss at home with my own (very nice and brand new) scale so I had been wondering why there was such a difference. Too bad I assumed that a scale at a CLINIC would be more accurate. Anyway, with all the confusion, I feel like I am not doing as well on the diet as I had thought.. I seem to be hovering around 205 ibs. What makes this diet even more difficult for me is being a vegetarian.. I can't eat out, ever. I am getting bored with what I can eat. I had a goal in mind and an end date (a date I wanted to start phasing off) and now it looks like that is just not going to happen. And finally, my husband and I are going to a bed and breakfast in Lancaster, PA for a couple of days to celebrate our anniversary.. Staying 100% OP as a vegetarian on this trip, is going to be difficult. I am not going to quit right now.. but I almost feel like I could lose more weight and spend less money by buying a gym membership and just eating low carb, low fat.. Ugh IDK.. Well, for now, I am sticking to this and will give it some more time. Have a great week.[/QUOTE]

You can do it. If food is boring, so what, add a hobby for fun, or play with the kids. I finally understood on this diet that food can be dull, its ok. LIFE can be fun! I am allergic to soy and nuts, and 2/3 of all IP foods are off limits. So, its boring at times, but then I try a new vegetable or recipe, and reset my head. Then its better. I know what you mean, though. This is challenging, but this diet works!
Jeanie

anitamarlene
07-16-2012, 12:42 PM
"Quick Question for the wiser IP folks... Yesterday I bought a Black Italian Summer Truffle ( the fungus not chocolate) with the intention of making truffle oil which is fantastic to cook with. I am pretty sure it should be ok.. but just want a double check.... any thoughts??"

Oh let us know how that goes! I would be very interested in a recipe. And congrats on the weight loss goal.

NOVAScents
07-16-2012, 12:54 PM
I love your new picture Nova!! You're looking pretty skinny to me! Good luck at your WI!

Thanks!

Was down .4, which I guess is better than UP.4!

DayDay615
07-16-2012, 01:02 PM
You are all so welcoming. Thank you. And I must say, you all look FABULOUS when I see your before and after pictures. Has anyone tried the Chicken a la King entree? I thought about buying it but wanted some reviews first. Also, I bought my first two WF dressings-Ranch and Sesame Ginger. I hope I won't be disappointed.

wuv2bloved
07-16-2012, 01:11 PM
You are all so welcoming. Thank you. And I must say, you all look FABULOUS when I see your before and after pictures. Has anyone tried the Chicken a la King entree? I thought about buying it but wanted some reviews first. Also, I bought my first two WF dressings-Ranch and Sesame Ginger. I hope I won't be disappointed.

If you like chicken pot pie you will LOVE the chicken a la king! put the water in let it set for about a min or two then cook it then let it set again for another 2 mins and it will be thick...YUMM!!!

GeauxTigers82
07-16-2012, 01:17 PM
If you like chicken pot pie you will LOVE the chicken a la king! put the water in let it set for about a min or two then cook it then let it set again for another 2 mins and it will be thick...YUMM!!!

I agree. I really like it.

locopollo
07-16-2012, 01:21 PM
I agree. I really like it.

I like it too, but I let it sit for hours before I heat it.

sanibelover
07-16-2012, 01:23 PM

Food at my clinic is $27/box or $84/ week. Did you get supplements or something? In the first week, many coaches tell you that you can use 4 or even 5 packets if you need them - maybe that is what cost more? It should be less going forward. Good luck!!

aimeed3
07-16-2012, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE=guttergirl9;4406697]

WHEW!!.....you had me freaking out!....lol

Wuv - Any ideas on making them crispy in the oven?
Maybe putting them under the broiler for a few minutes once they are done??

I bought a rutabaga yesterday which I plan on trying out some fries with it, but I am scared, LOL

sanibelover
07-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Food at my clinic is $27/box or $84/ week. Did you get supplements or something? In the first week, many coaches tell you that you can use 4 or even 5 packets if you need them - maybe that is what cost more? It should be less going forward. Good luck!!

Actually packets are $28/box. $84/week

jcjnjj
07-16-2012, 01:29 PM
This is just a random thought going through my head as I sit here at my desk at work...."I love dill pickle zippers!".

They help take away my cravings for chips / crunch.

So, thank you dill pickle zipper inventors. Thank you.

wuv2bloved
07-16-2012, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4406706]

I bought a rutabaga yesterday which I plan on trying out some fries with it, but I am scared, LOL

I put mine on the pizza pan with the holes in it, they aren't soggy but not crunchy either, Never thought about putting in the broiler....will have to try that!

sanibelover
07-16-2012, 01:41 PM
This weekend people started telling me they can tell I have lost weight. While it is wonderful that my hard work is paying off, I feel a tremendous amount of pressure now. I didn't tell anyone (besides immediate family) that I was doing IP. I was happy just going along, losing weight and feeling good.

Everyone wanted to know what I was doing - just said I was not really eating too many carbs, no suger, low fat and trying to get enough protein and veggies. I still didn't tell anyone I am doing IP.

Now I feel like everyone will be watching me - what I am eating, etc. Cheating is not an option for me, but the old mindset creeps in....what if I fail again??? Now everyone knows that I am trying to lose weight, and if I fail, I wil really feel like a jerk. Does that make sense? It is very difficult for me to be vulnerable. It is even hard for me to post these kinds of thoughts on this board!

Anyway, thanks for all of the support that we get from these boards. There are times when I feel defeated, and I come on the boards and read and get so motivated again.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!! I am enjoying my iced coffee with chocolate pudding while I get my daily dose of motivation!!

Betsy

Kaypix
07-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Good morning all,
I feel your pain, I knew this week would be a small loss due to a "bad" weekend of motorcycle riding. I was right :o but such is life, and all you can do is get back on right?

Congrats!

Morning Everyone,

OMG I know your pain! Today is the definition of a Monday, and I'm trying to fix it, but no luck yet!

Good morning!

Christine
Welcome to the forums!

My baby boy (2.5 years old) has been in underwear the last 2 days. No accidents and 3 pees in the potty. He is a smart cookie! He holds it all until I put the pull up on him for bedtime....:dizzy:
Haha smart kid!

I hate days like that, my WI#12 was today and I didn't drop much, but it's from a 2 pound gain I got over the weekend caused by a combo of Big C, dehydration etc. I think, hoping to knock it out of the park this week. Only 5 lbs left to 160, holy crap!

Dana, welcome to the forums, and to IP!

DayDay:Welcome!

Good Monday Morning!! The start of day 6 for me. Got on the scale this morning and was up .6 from yesterday:?: Like my Husband said, I'm not in Ketosis yet, and probably won't show any losses til I am. One thing that could be slowing me up is it has only been a week since I stopped breast feeding my son. It was only once a day, at night before he went to bed, but I still have to dry up yet. And I was reading yesterday that the milk gets reabsorbed. Soooo...that makes me wonder if I'm getting more calories/carbs then I think I am. I wouldn't think that it would make a big difference, but who knows.
-Jennifer
Jennifer:
How do you know you're not in ketosis? Your body could be wrecking havoc with the chemicals needed to read the ketones (think if you eat high fat the nigh before checking it can be negative), breast milk is probably high in fat so could be screwing with it. Also, don't weigh daily if you dont like seeing fluctuations. We can fluctuate up to 5 lbs on a given 24 hour period, for no apparent reason. If you aren't hungry constantly, your pee smells funny, and/or you have funky breath or are craving water, you might be in ketosis :) Also as far as the milk drying up, i hear hot hot showers are good for getting it to all rush out to help speed things up.

MimiLee
07-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Today was weigh in week 2: 4 pounds lost and 2.5 inches gone. Whoo hoo!

kabukidoo
07-16-2012, 01:43 PM
My first WI cost a lot too. I was not surprised because I chose to buy a ton of food. The original sample bag was great for variety. I picked a few boxes I liked and tried several other. I figure more variety is better for me. I could not wrap my brain around how someone could buy three boxes and get through the week doing the same thing every day. I don't think I could make this protocol work without it. I figure in a few weeks I'll have a little of everything to use. It cost more upfront, but success is worth it! Down 6 lbs and 6"!

Mamalee
07-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Hello all,

Well, it is definitely summer. Our schedule is busy crazy. It makes sticking OP difficult but not impossible. I have stayed almost 100% OP. My main problem is missing my last snack packet or missing vegis at lunch. It is so hard when not at home. I don't cheat and eat what I am not supposed to, I just end up not getting all my OP foods in me. I am getting the swing of it though. I sure look forward to starting our homeschool year back up again so our lives will settle down.

WeighIn today was a success. Coach was out of town last week, so it was actually a two week WI. Down 8.4 pounds. I was pretty physched. Thought I might have lost more inches but I will take the few that I got.

Question of the week: Has anyone ever had a coach tell them to regularly take a 4th packet a day. I have added a 4th on the days I workout, but now she wants me to add a 4th everyday. She said because I am so active and because I continue to lose lean muscle she wants me on a 4th. Hmmmm????

Sorry to be so sporatic on the board. Life will calm down in a few more weeks. Until then we have lots of travel and away from home time. Praying I can remain OP. So far so good.

You guys are all so great. Such an encouragement to all. THANKS!!!:hug:

Lee

kabukidoo
07-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Sanibelover

I didn't get the choice, my husband let it out at a neighborhood party that I was going on a medical protocol to everyone! I was mortified as first as in "What if I fail?" Actually, I think it may be a good thing. Everyone knows and it's kind of an easy out of why I can't have that glass of wine. Medical Protocol! One week in and I'm ok with it now. But I totally get you. I wasn't planning on telling anyone!

BRfirefly
07-16-2012, 01:51 PM
I had a terrible dream - I drank a whole 20 oz. Sunkist... I don't even like Sunkist! I woke up terrified that I had cheated. Whew. Nope, just my brain. Everyone have a great Monday! :D
I can totally relate - I had a dream I ate 3 saltine crackers. I woke up and couldn't believe I had dreamed about eating crackers. ;-)

Aussieluver
07-16-2012, 01:54 PM
WI today ... -2 lbs and another 1.5" I know I should be happy, but I have stayed 100% OP and am only averaging 2 lbs per week :O( I don't know if it because I am in the "over 50" group, or if it has to do with the "unknown inflammation" that goes along with Chronic Lyme and a taxed immune system.

I see people here who have wonderful weight losses (CONGRATS!!), but as much as I spend on the IP foods, I really wish I could get more than 2 lbs a week :O(( I hope my finances hold out as slow as I'm going.

Tried rhubarb for lunch today ... mixed with WF strawberry; a little tart, but not bad at all. I may have to try with the oatmeal topping down the road - but for now, I don't want to "waste" my restricted on a topping :O))

Thanks for being here ... reading success stories helps keep me on track!

Kaypix
07-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Twitch twitch twitch boom!

Ohmygosh my brain is having the worst Monday since starting this protocol! I'll start with my loss, which was a 1.4 LB loss for the week, which "would" be cool, except it would have been closer to 4-5 lbs if I hadn't done a motorcycle ride this weekend (by ride I mean 12 hours going from bar to bar, drinking tons of water where I could, and trying to eat the healthiest I could, couldn' take bars, they'd melt, couldn' take powders, no mixers, couldn' take rtd's, it was 100 degrees), and I was down to 163.2 on Friday before the weekend. Normally I lose MORE on the weekend, but not this time, *sigh* oh well, hope for better this week.
Next: I try to make my coffee, I literally get 2 tablespoons out of my Keurig before it starts flashing DESCALE, which it has done multiple times since my last descaling which took ALL day. I said f* it and hit "brew" again enough to get my blasted cup of coffee for the morning, and it is now sulking in the corner, with vinegar running through its innards.
I get to work, I have TONS of e-mail to read and it's mostly stupid problems and questions that are all answered in our "help' area, which I know no one reads because they like the "personal" feel, but it still irks the crap out of me. I crack my knee on my desk (sure, why not right)? DH's computer died somehow so he's still resuscitating it. The ONLY bright spot in my day so far has been planning our trip to Sturgis and calling gas stations to find out if they have Unleaded 91, that's NOT 10% ethanol added. Yeah, that's my idea of fun ... :o
I'm having a week of "i'm tired of this flipping diet", DH told me he's sick of the same food, which is too bad cuz I'm the one that has to cook ALL the food and come up with the meals, If i tell him I don' want to cook, we go out to eat...how financially responsible is that? I caved and made tacos last night cuz he said he was craving them. I ate two tortillas with my two loaded tacos, beef, shredded lettuce, hot sauce from taco bell (leftover in the fridge from darker days), taco cheese and that's about it, all rolled in a tortilla, oh and red and green peppers roasted for me in mine. The tortillas were 6g carbs each, so not "terrible" since I didn't eat any restricteds at all yesterday, they also had 5g of protein each, fiber and some other various vitamins, and at the time, I just did NOT care. I feel a little guilty today, but not guilty "enough"...how weird is that? I am loving how I look and it's getting progressively hard to want to look "even better" now that I can squeeze into 10's. How do I make myself WANT to fit into size 8s? Anyone? Please? Help!!!

jennlnige
07-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Jennifer:
How do you know you're not in ketosis? Your body could be wrecking havoc with the chemicals needed to read the ketones (think if you eat high fat the nigh before checking it can be negative), breast milk is probably high in fat so could be screwing with it. Also, don't weigh daily if you dont like seeing fluctuations. We can fluctuate up to 5 lbs on a given 24 hour period, for no apparent reason. If you aren't hungry constantly, your pee smells funny, and/or you have funky breath or are craving water, you might be in ketosis :) Also as far as the milk drying up, i hear hot hot showers are good for getting it to all rush out to help speed things up.

I'm going to make myself stay off the scale tomorrow. WI is Wednesday.
I don't think I'm in ketosis because I don't have the bad breath or my pee doesn't smell. But I'm not having cravings, sometimes feel hungry. As for water, I don't crave it nor resist drinking it. I have been getting 4qts a day. Maybe I am and just didn't notice. I never felt sick or had headaches. Like my husband said, we know the plan works and the weight will come off!!!:D

-Jennifer

usmcvet
07-16-2012, 02:53 PM

Rhonda
The 14th is my son's tenth birthday. He went to school today to help his teacher from last year. He played with her 14 month old daughter while she set up some of her new class room to get ready for school. It was fun for him.

I'm enjoying reading all of your posts. Everyone seems so helpful and genuine. I love that! Week 2 here I come....... Eight pounds if freaking awesome. I agree with the water, I lost 25 the first week, man it was a motivation to keep plugging away. the first week was my most expensive, the supplements and of course the sign up fee. BUT totally worth it. You can check out the alternative threads for ideas to save money. I'm only using alternative bars now, Quest and Pure Protien bars. They are about two bucks for the Quest and a little more than a buck for the PP each.

Have a great great OP day everyone. Having a family dinner of burgers and salad and snow cones. I made snow cone syrup out of stevia and unsweetened koolaid. Just enough for me to have one :) Happy Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Tigerlver! That's a great birthday present-reaching your mini goal! YAY!

Happy Monday, everyone. Good luck to all this week.

Lately I have been feeling frustrated by my weight loss. As I had suspected, my clinic's scale was wayyyy off and so I actually have not lost as much as I thought. They replaced their scale with a new one last week. Of course they acted like everyone just had enormous weight gains and practically denied the whole thing. Anyone going to Columbia Physical Therapy in MD should know that you did not gain a ton of weight, it was actually their broken scale. I feel bad for all of the other clients they told had weight gain. Luckily, I had been tracking my weight loss at home with my own (very nice and brand new) scale so I had been wondering why there was such a difference. Too bad I assumed that a scale at a CLINIC would be more accurate. Anyway, with all the confusion, I feel like I am not doing as well on the diet as I had thought.. I seem to be hovering around 205 ibs. What makes this diet even more difficult for me is being a vegetarian.. I can't eat out, ever. I am getting bored with what I can eat. I had a goal in mind and an end date (a date I wanted to start phasing off) and now it looks like that is just not going to happen. And finally, my husband and I are going to a bed and breakfast in Lancaster, PA for a couple of days to celebrate our anniversary.. Staying 100% OP as a vegetarian on this trip, is going to be difficult. I am not going to quit right now.. but I almost feel like I could lose more weight and spend less money by buying a gym membership and just eating low carb, low fat.. Ugh IDK.. Well, for now, I am sticking to this and will give it some more time. Have a great week. That is just dishonest, I would confront someone about that and leave if they did not come clean with everyone. That is seriously messed up. My old scale at home and the clinic's scale are with in a few pounds of each other. Theres is also a heck of a lot easier to read because it is digital, mine is not and it's almost 6 feet away from my peepers!

Thank you Vet, yes, I did have my quiet time and it was FANTASTIC, you have a great smile as well how is your recovery coming along? :D:D
Wrist feels pretty good, typing with both hands but it hurts a little. Not enough to stop but it's there.
That is one of my favorites too.

This is just a random thought going through my head as I sit here at my desk at work...."I love dill pickle zippers!".

They help take away my cravings for chips / crunch.

So, thank you dill pickle zipper inventors. Thank you. Yup BBQ Ridges do it for me too.

This weekend people started telling me they can tell I have lost weight. While it is wonderful that my hard work is paying off, I feel a tremendous amount of pressure now. I didn't tell anyone (besides immediate family) that I was doing IP. I was happy just going along, losing weight and feeling good.

Everyone wanted to know what I was doing - just said I was not really eating too many carbs, no suger, low fat and trying to get enough protein and veggies. I still didn't tell anyone I am doing IP.

Now I feel like everyone will be watching me - what I am eating, etc. Cheating is not an option for me, but the old mindset creeps in....what if I fail again??? Now everyone knows that I am trying to lose weight, and if I fail, I wil really feel like a jerk. Does that make sense? It is very difficult for me to be vulnerable. It is even hard for me to post these kinds of thoughts on this board!

Anyway, thanks for all of the support that we get from these boards. There are times when I feel defeated, and I come on the boards and read and get so motivated again.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!! I am enjoying my iced coffee with chocolate pudding while I get my daily dose of motivation!!

Betsy Betsy, it is all about you and what you want and need. You are right people will watch and wait for you to screw up or fail, just shut 'em down with your continued success. I know I am not letting myself get fat again, it just is not an option.

Today was weigh in week 2: 4 pounds lost and 2.5 inches gone. Whoo hoo! Whooooo Hooooo!

Ohmygosh my brain is having the worst Monday since starting this protocol! I'll start with my loss, which was a 1.4 LB loss for the week, which "would" be cool, except it would have been closer to 4-5 lbs if I hadn't done a motorcycle ride this weekend (by ride I mean 12 hours going from bar to bar, drinking tons of water where I could, and trying to eat the healthiest I could, couldn' take bars, they'd melt, couldn' take powders, no mixers, couldn' take rtd's, it was 100 degrees), and I was down to 163.2 on Friday before the weekend. Normally I lose MORE on the weekend, but not this time, *sigh* oh well, hope for better this week.
Next: I try to make my coffee, I literally get 2 tablespoons out of my Keurig before it starts flashing DESCALE, which it has done multiple times since my last descaling which took ALL day. I said f* it and hit "brew" again enough to get my blasted cup of coffee for the morning, and it is now sulking in the corner, with vinegar running through its innards.
I get to work, I have TONS of e-mail to read and it's mostly stupid problems and questions that are all answered in our "help' area, which I know no one reads because they like the "personal" feel, but it still irks the crap out of me. I crack my knee on my desk (sure, why not right)? DH's computer died somehow so he's still resuscitating it. The ONLY bright spot in my day so far has been planning our trip to Sturgis and calling gas stations to find out if they have Unleaded 91, that's NOT 10% ethanol added. Yeah, that's my idea of fun ... :o
I'm having a week of "i'm tired of this flipping diet", DH told me he's sick of the same food, which is too bad cuz I'm the one that has to cook ALL the food and come up with the meals, If i tell him I don' want to cook, we go out to eat...how financially responsible is that? I caved and made tacos last night cuz he said he was craving them. I ate two tortillas with my two loaded tacos, beef, shredded lettuce, hot sauce from taco bell (leftover in the fridge from darker days), taco cheese and that's about it, all rolled in a tortilla, oh and red and green peppers roasted for me in mine. The tortillas were 6g carbs each, so not "terrible" since I didn't eat any restricteds at all yesterday, they also had 5g of protein each, fiber and some other various vitamins, and at the time, I just did NOT care. I feel a little guilty today, but not guilty "enough"...how weird is that? I am loving how I look and it's getting progressively hard to want to look "even better" now that I can squeeze into 10's. How do I make myself WANT to fit into size 8s? Anyone? Please? Help!!!

Just get back on your IP horse. Is a back pack an option while you're on the bike for the blender bottle or just a regular water bottle? Quest Bars, check 'em out, they don't melt like the IP and Pure Protien Bars. You've got this thing beat.

Well these two don't melt, not sure about the others but they're more like a granola bar, not dry but closer.

http://www.julianbakery.com/low-carb-foods-product/quest-protein-bar-peanut-butter-supreme/
http://www.julianbakery.com/low-carb-foods-product/quest-protein-bar-peanut-butter-jelly/

Well can not find it here but someone is going away to a bed and breakfast. Just call ahead and let them know you a vegetarian and tell them how you need your veggies cooked.

Diana B
07-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Good morning everyone -

My WI isn't until tomorrow, but I weighed myself on my scale (Omron, like my coach has) and it said 198.8! AND, my scale usually wieghs a bit heavier than my coaches scale...;) We shall see tomorrow if I am truly in ONEderland :carrot:

UnwritteN223
07-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Hi all! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day and staying cool....we're headed up to 100 degrees here in Minnesota.

It's my second week with IP and I'm still getting used to the heaps of veggies that I need to eat but, overall, I'm happy with the program and very happy with my results.

I've been reading quite a few posts the past couple of weeks so I know that all coaches seem to have different answers to different questions. However, I'd like your take on this. I've been craving something bubbly and soda-like, so my sister (who is also on the program) suggested that I try some flavored sparkling water. She cautioned me to only have it occasionally though because of the aspartame in it. When I talked to my coach, she told me that she had a woman on the program who lived off of them. I asked if she had still been successful and she said yes. She mentioned that there is controversy over whether or not it will actually affect a person's results. Is there anyone who has any experience, positive or negative, with drinking these sparking flavored waters? All the ones that I've looked at are 0,0,0. TIA!

Mamalee
07-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Good morning everyone -

My WI isn't until tomorrow, but I weighed myself on my scale (Omron, like my coach has) and it said 198.8! AND, my scale usually wieghs a bit heavier than my coaches scale...;) We shall see tomorrow if I am truly in ONEderland :carrot:

WoooHooo!!!! :carrot: Way to go. Be thinking of you tomorrow for weigh in. Keep us posted. :D

UnwritteN223
07-16-2012, 03:19 PM

Hi Dana! I haven't posted until today but wanted to say welcome. I'm on my second week of IP. I know everyone is different but I was very lucky to have only one day of headaches and nausea before I felt great again and that was on the second day. I hope it goes smoothly for you....the weightloss in the future will make it so worth it! Have a great first day and good luck on your first WI in a week!

mooselover
07-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi all! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day and staying cool....we're headed up to 100 degrees here in Minnesota.

It's my second week with IP and I'm still getting used to the heaps of veggies that I need to eat but, overall, I'm happy with the program and very happy with my results.

I've been reading quite a few posts the past couple of weeks so I know that all coaches seem to have different answers to different questions. However, I'd like your take on this. I've been craving something bubbly and soda-like, so my sister (who is also on the program) suggested that I try some flavored sparkling water. She cautioned me to only have it occasionally though because of the aspartame in it. When I talked to my coach, she told me that she had a woman on the program who lived off of them. I asked if she had still been successful and she said yes. She mentioned that there is controversy over whether or not it will actually affect a person's results. Is there anyone who has any experience, positive or negative, with drinking these sparking flavored waters? All the ones that I've looked at are 0,0,0. TIA!

I occasionally drink the ones made with splenda. I avoid the ones with aspertame because your body treats it like sugar.

Mamalee
07-16-2012, 03:30 PM

Welcome, Dana. You are definitly in the right place. The people on here are amazing, so supportive, informative etc. There is a lot of knowledge and encouragement here. I am still learning but there are many here that can answer your questions.

Hang in there over these first days. You will be fine! Just make sure you drink you water.

Hgamroth
07-16-2012, 03:33 PM
For all of the newbies who need a couple of ideas, here are a few of my favorite things....
1. Mashed cauliflower! Love with salt and table blend Mrs. Dash but I discovered the popcorn seasonings that are 0/0/0. Flavors such as White Cheddar, Jalapeņo cheddar and ranch. YUM!
2. Rhubarb with WF Strawberry Syrup! I boil the rhubarb until not quite mushy, I still like a bit of crispy and add the WF strawberry syrup. Great as a warm treat or ice cold.
3. Crispy cereal pancake with WF apple butter.

Good luck to all of you! I was new 11 weeks ago and this thread SAVED ME!

rainbowsmiles
07-16-2012, 03:38 PM
week 11 and -3.4 more pounds for a total lost in 11 weeks of 56.8 lbs! i had said i would TRY this for 10 weeks and then make a decision on the expense vs the results and i have to say it has been the best hard earned dollars i have ever spent to invest in myself!!

THANK YOU IDEAL PROTEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU......ALL OF YOU IPEEPS AND FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: dance like you are on IP :dance:

jennlnige
07-16-2012, 03:57 PM
week 11 and -3.4 more pounds for a total lost in 11 weeks of 56.8 lbs! i had said i would TRY this for 10 weeks and then make a decision on the expense vs the results and i have to say it has been the best hard earned dollars i have ever spent to invest in myself!!

That is Awesome!!!!!:broc::broc::broc:

Mommytimes4
07-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Hello everyone. I am relatively new to IP and VERY new to this website. I am 2 1/2 weeks into IP. First week I lost 5 lbs. and second week I lost 8 lbs. This week I seem to be stalling...am thinking that it may be TOM. Anyone else with similiar experience?

athebeach
07-16-2012, 04:25 PM

BetsyJust stick to it and this will be your last diet ever. Remember Cheating is not an option. You can do it.

Porthardygurl
07-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Good Afternoon All...

Another hot one here today..Praise GOD!! :) Im dancing for joy! Im enjoying all this warm weather that we NEVER usually see in the summer time up here...

Well, today should have been my weigh in day at home with DH but my scale broke this week and i havent yet replaced it. I want to replace it of course, but i thought it couldnt hurt to...not replace it for a little while longer :P Who would have ever thought that there would come a day where i dont want to step on my scale and see a number.

Im hoping my losses will actually start showing in my clothes soon!!!.

So im reading Taubes book "Good calories bad calories". He documents research on the different theories of healthy eating that people came up with and why they are not so healthy anymore...Its an interesting and yet complex read which at times can be dry..but man..it sure makes a point about why low carbing it is better for our health then high carb...

patns
07-16-2012, 04:36 PM

The sesame ginger dressing is fantastic in a chicken stir fry.

joysh
07-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Morning everyone! I am sitting on the sofa enjoying my coffee, finishing up some crispy cereal pancakes, playing around on my iPad with sponge bob in the background. My 2 kiddos are sitting nicely next to each other watching the yellow sponge on tv. Life is good! I can't believe my summer is almost over. I will be back to school (I'm a teacher) in less than a month :mad: !

Hey, GeuaxTigers! That's a wonderful picture to imagine, sponge and all... Trying very hard not to think about school yet....

Welcome, Dana! The first few days may or may be difficult. Each person is different. But you're in the right place! :welcome2:

Good Morning IP'ers it is a glorious grey day here in Seattle. Just the weather I asked for... well I asked for not sweltering hot. So a few great things. 2. WI #7 down another 2 lbs total of 43

)

Awesome!! 30 by 30!! What a wonderful birthday present to give yourself!:bday2:

You are all so welcoming. Thank you. And I must say, you all look FABULOUS when I see your before and after pictures. Has anyone tried the Chicken a la King entree? I thought about buying it but wanted some reviews first. .

I like the Chicken a la King, but let it sit for an hour or so after you mix it up.
I also put more veggies in it and a little more seasoning. But it's one that I eat (also broc-cheese soup) when I really want to feel like I've eaten something substantial.

Awesome, rainbow!! Yup, keep on keeping on!!! :encore: :congrat:

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!:wave:

joysh
07-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Had my WI #5 today and I'm down another 2 pounds! That makes 18 pounds!!

I'm a little impatient for it to come off, but it's been steady at 2 pounds a week. So I'll take it!!! Hooray!!!:dancer: :cp: :cb:

chicagoboiler
07-16-2012, 04:45 PM

Wow, you rock!!! I agree about the investment, my DF and I both made the commitment and are very pleased!:congrat:

patns
07-16-2012, 04:51 PM

That is amazing! Excellent results for your commitment!

cscape
07-16-2012, 05:02 PM
rainbowsmiles that is absolutely awesome!!! And encouraging as well as I am struggling with the cost of the IP plan. But I'm in wk 5, lost 20 lb..and in it for the duration. Its exciting to think about where (or how thin) I will end up on this plan. :carrot:

Beck81
07-16-2012, 05:03 PM

Congrats Rainbow, that's amazing!

Had my #12 WI today and lost 2.2 lbs and 2 3/8 inches. I was hoping for 1.8 more to be at 50 lbs lost but next week hopefully! But that is a 4 lb weekly average so I'll take it. I haven't been eating salads as I run out of time or too full but my coach said I really need one a day as the roughage really helps clean you out and get things moving. So my romaine is bought and washed! I only had 3 restricteds last week and other weeks where I've had more I have had better losses so I'm going to eat more this week and see. I do walk 2 to 3 miles every day.

cscape
07-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Welcome to the newbies!!! Day 2 was the worst for me, and it was just the headaches that got to me. But, that's how I knew it was working!!

I don't ever stick to anything, and I am one to make excuses so I can give up. There is no option to give up! This has been the easiest (and most exciting) diet I have ever been on...it is also my LAST!

Check out all the cool recipes you can do with the packets. I love turning my crispy cereal into pancakes! This is a great place to get advice, info, and a quick kick in the butt (if you need it). Congrats on making a great decision and welcome again!!

I agree with you...once I'm in my groove of salad prep for the next day or so, it is really very easy and convenient to follow! I'm really psyched to see where it will lead to..there is hope in this IP Plan!!!

Where is the pancake recipe..is it on this site? I'm looking for some variations so that I do not get bored. The iced coffee in the vanilla pudding with cinnamon is a real treat for me.

athebeach
07-16-2012, 05:20 PM
cscape: You can find lots of the recipes in the fun with packets thread. I have been having the pancakes made with the cereal a lot and they are really good.

Shortcake224
07-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Don't know if this will help, I'm in an 18W from a 24, and feel great. As for the tortilla wraps, I use the 'Potato Puree" soup with about 3oz. of water. Fry like a pancake, and use it as a wrap.

Missdee18
07-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Ditto! Awesome!

Missdee18
07-16-2012, 07:27 PM
WI #3 tomorrow afternoon I am hoping for a big number. Wish me luck

mompattie
07-16-2012, 07:50 PM

:carrot::carrot::carrot:Way to go!!!!

Delgen
07-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Had my WI today, and lost 3.5 pounds! Eliminating the restricteds and higher carb veggies really helped.

Plus I find out I misread the fats per day.... I though it was 1 - 2 tablespoons per day. Not teaspoons. Oops! So reducing my fats probably helped too.

Plus, I hit 31 for BMI, And my coach said I may be better at 135 instead of 130. So I am going to set my goal at 25 BMI and see what the weight will be.

Overall, super excited.
Treated myself to a new outfit at Chicos, and bought size 1 in a pair of white pants, tank and and a bright red shirt....all size 1 (about size 8-10 in regular sizes).:cool:

Bellamack
07-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Hello Peeps.

Hot one in upstate NY and going to be even hotter tomorrow!

Happy Birthday Tigerlvr and congrats on meeting your first goal.

Congrats to all who have had their weigh-ins and good luck to those who haven't yet this week. And sending the Whoosh Fairy!

Spent the entire day quilting a king sized quilt with a feather pattern, good job done. Have a great evening.

Hi Wuv!

PammyLou
07-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Day three for me and the carb withdrawal is a doozie! I am struggling to go one day at a time. Spent some time today going through recipes and whatnot, trying to find things to eat. Not a huge fan of the IP food, but it works. Dinner is next and veggies are my biggest struggle. I hear things get easier, I am soooo hoping so.

Thanks for everyone providing motivating information!

GeauxTigers82
07-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Day three for me and the carb withdrawal is a doozie! I am struggling to go one day at a time. Spent some time today going through recipes and whatnot, trying to find things to eat. Not a huge fan of the IP food, but it works. Dinner is next and veggies are my biggest struggle. I hear things get easier, I am soooo hoping so.

Thanks for everyone providing motivating information!

Did you see the roasted cauliflower recipe??? Delicious!!! I love it so much I could have it every day twice a day!

usmcvet
07-16-2012, 08:49 PM

I'm a little impatient for it to come off, but it's been steady at 2 pounds a week. So I'll take it!!! Hooray!!!:dancer: :cp: :cb: good job.
rainbowsmiles that is absolutely awesome!!! And encouraging as well as I am struggling with the cost of the IP plan. But I'm in wk 5, lost 20 lb..and in it for the duration. Its exciting to think about where (or how thin) I will end up on this plan. :carrot:. It is worth the money.

Had my #12 WI today and lost 2.2 lbs and 2 3/8 inches. I was hoping for 1.8 more to be at 50 lbs lost but next week hopefully! But that is a 4 lb weekly average so I'll take it. I haven't been eating salads as I run out of time or too full but my coach said I really need one a day as the roughage really helps clean you out and get things moving. So my romaine is bought and washed! I only had 3 restricteds last week and other weeks where I've had more I have had better losses so I'm going to eat more this week and see. I do walk 2 to 3 miles every day.

WI #3 tomorrow afternoon I am hoping for a big number. Wish me luckWhoosh fairy out!
Had my WI today, and lost 3.5 pounds! Eliminating the restricteds and higher carb veggies really helped.

Plus I find out I misread the fats per day.... I though it was 1 - 2 tablespoons per day. Not teaspoons. Oops! So reducing my fats probably helped too.

Plus, I hit 31 for BMI, And my coach said I may be better at 135 instead of 130. So I am going to set my goal at 25 BMI and see what the weight will be.

Overall, super excited.
Treated myself to a new outfit at Chicos, and bought size 1 in a pair of white pants, tank and and a bright red shirt....all size 1 (about size 8-10 in regular sizes).:cool:. We want to see photos! :)

Thanks for everyone providing motivating information! It is rough, stick with it.

justbecause53
07-16-2012, 08:55 PM

Betsy

Betsy, I know what you mean. I haven't told anyone about IP except my immediate family. So far, no one has noticed my weight loss, or at least hasn't said anything to me about it. There is so much emotionally-charged "stuff" associated with weight gain/loss. Sharing with family and friends who have never had a weight problem is particularly difficult. I don't anticipate that I'll share IP until I'm happily maintaining, because that is the most difficult part of any diet plan for me. Then I can tell anyone who may ask what I already believe, that IP is the last diet you will ever need to be on and it will bring you many unexpected health benefits and emotional satisfaction.
Mmmmm.....iced coffee and chocolate pudding. I'll have to try that. I've been sticking with vanilla pudding. :)

mightbe
07-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Pammylou, stick with it, it does get better! Day 3 was the worst for me too. Try roasting your veggies, it makes them much tastier!
I'm excited for my third weigh in tomorrow. I'm not expecting to lose much, but just knowing that I have been completely on plan for 3 weeks makes me feel very proud of myself! :goodvibes

athebeach
07-16-2012, 09:04 PM
I have been thinking about a goal for motivation and found it this weekend. I am going to take a cruise--actually 3 of them back 2 back. It goes from Galveston to Barcelona, then To Dubai, then to Singapore. Some awesome ports. 41 days, I guess 42 because it takes about 35 hours to get back. I have never done a flight that takes that long, but I guess you just nap when you have a chance and sit back and enjoy it. I used to travel and go on cruises with a friend I used to work with, but she passed away, so I am on my own.

justbecause53
07-16-2012, 09:07 PM
WI today ... -2 lbs and another 1.5" I know I should be happy, but I have stayed 100% OP and am only averaging 2 lbs per week :O( I don't know if it because I am in the "over 50" group, or if it has to do with the "unknown inflammation" that goes along with Chronic Lyme and a taxed immune system.

I see people here who have wonderful weight losses (CONGRATS!!), but as much as I spend on the IP foods, I really wish I could get more than 2 lbs a week :O(( I hope my finances hold out as slow as I'm going.

Tried rhubarb for lunch today ... mixed with WF strawberry; a little tart, but not bad at all. I may have to try with the oatmeal topping down the road - but for now, I don't want to "waste" my restricted on a topping :O))

Don't get discouraged. After two fantastic weeks of weight loss, I slowed down to an average of 2 pounds a week too and I have been 100% OP. I would love to have a 3 or 4 pound loss on any given week, but I'm happy for the consistent 2-pound loss. I still have never lost this much weight in so short a time. My coach doesn't even allow restricteds, so hurray for you, you're losing 2 pounds AND getting to eat a restricted!

Coqui
07-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Good Evening!
I did IP about 2 years ago with great success but failed to maintain and doing Phase 4 as recommended. I'm back to square one but determined to be successful again and keep the weight off for good. I hope to do things a bit different this time. Last time I was happy with the weight loss but not so happy about the saggy skin. I did not exercise at all and I think that was the reason. This time I have a better coach and she has suggested to wait 3 weeks before beginning to exercise and then add some strength training and moderate walking to help tone up. I look forward to the support from other IPers.
God Bless!

Ana

rainbowsmiles
07-16-2012, 09:39 PM
That is Awesome!!!!!:broc::broc::broc:

thank you most kindly jenn :) WE GOT THIS!!!

Awesome, rainbow!! Yup, keep on keeping on!!! :encore: :congrat:
:wave:

thank you joy so much :) i have decided to continue another 10 weeks as long as the finances hold out! hahaha

Wow, you rock!!! I agree about the investment, my DF and I both made the commitment and are very pleased!:congrat:

thank you chicago, i agree, the investment is worth it by all means!! I hope i can continue until i am at goal, but i will go al long as we can afford to continue!

That is amazing! Excellent results for your commitment!

thank you patns....you are so right...it IS full time commitment!! not just a commitment to the protocol but we all have to make the commitment to ourselves to invest in the best possible future we can give ourselves!

rainbowsmiles that is absolutely awesome!!! And encouraging as well as I am struggling with the cost of the IP plan. But I'm in wk 5, lost 20 lb..and in it for the duration. Its exciting to think about where (or how thin) I will end up on this plan. :carrot:

thank you cscape...its funny, i started with alternatives and then after bout 4 weeks worked myself into IP products. i still do jay robb for my protein drinks, but am loving MOST of the IP foods. i suppose as an investment in ourselves, we will have to find ways to cut other areas of the budget. this protocol is certainly not inexpensive even on alternatives or a combination of IP and alternatives, but in the end i am sure we will all be happy of the investment and what an amazing return on our investment we will gain!! :)

thank you beck :) i'm a work in progress...right?? just gotta keep on keeping on and stay focused and committed!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot:Way to go!!!!

thanks mompattie :) the inspiration here in these threads is amazing...and give us all strength from day to day and sometimes moment to moment. its comforting to know that someone is there all the time!! especially someone who totally GETS IT!! :hug: love ya gf!!

sanibelover
07-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks for your responses to my earlier post. I knew you guys would understand.

Betsy

Coqui
07-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Good morning everyone. Welcome to all the newbies. You can do this!!! Don't worry about the first few days. They are rough, but you can handle it. We all did. You will be amazed how easy IP becomes. It becomes a way of life and you will soon be scared to phase off. It still amazes me on a daily basis. IP has changed my life and it will change your life too!!!

mooselover,
You look amazing! Are you doing any exercises.? Your arms are so toned. I'm starting tomorrow (second time around). I lost 45 pounds but my body was saggy particularly my arms. I gained it all back, so I'm looking forward to do this again and hopefully add some type of exercise that will help me get toned.

Ana

locopollo
07-16-2012, 10:10 PM
I agree, mooselover has great arms!

Busy weekend, busy Monday. I am really tired!

Got some veggies at the store tonight. For me the key seems to be to combine the veggie with the packets.

Tonight I made Potato Puree Mix with zucchini. I also had steak. I miss my steak sauce, so I mixed WF BBQ sauce with tamari and a little garlic powder. OMG! Yum!

mooselover
07-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Thank you Coqui and locopollo

I was pretty muscular before IP but I had too much fat hiding them. I went to the gym several days a week and lifted. I found my losses were better if I didn't work out. So I have not done much since Feb. Every time I tried to workout I felt sick and had low losses. It is nice to see all of my muscles that were covered up by all the fat I have lost. I am looking forward to getting back into weights. I am sure I will notice my muscles changing a lot easier now that my body fat is down.

Chloe222
07-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Hello friends.

Congrats on the loss and the compliment! Every now and then I feel wimpy and weak too. I find that is usually the week of OR the week leading up to a bigger loss than normal for me. Don't really understand why, but am happy with the results.

Chloe222
07-16-2012, 10:44 PM

What a fun avatar! Where did you get it?

Chloe222
07-16-2012, 10:46 PM
i hope you had some good quite time over the weekend. I love you sig photo. Awesome smile.

dude is that like a pound a day! Awesome!!!!!

I've skimmed it. I'm going to read it.

From yesterday.

Beck

USMCVet,
I can't keep up these days w/ posts, so sorry to have to ask you - which ice cream maker are you buying?

mom2hi
07-16-2012, 10:51 PM

Betsy

Betsy, I can totally relate! My brother in law (DH's husband) was on IP and lost 50 lbs. He has been encouraging to me, but in his wife's words he is an IP "champion" it's a lot to live up to. I just try to remind myself that I am doing this for me (and my little ones) and I can't try to live up to anyone elses standards or results. I too get lots of encouragement from the boards and look up to all of you that have more experience and success. Good luck to you!

Coqui
07-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Thank you Coqui and locopollo

I was pretty muscular before IP but I had too much fat hiding them. I went to the gym several days a week and lifted. I found my losses were better if I didn't work out. So I have not done much since Feb. Every time I tried to workout I felt sick and had low losses. It is nice to see all of my muscles that were covered up by all the fat I have lost. I am looking forward to getting back into weights. I am sure I will notice my muscles changing a lot easier now that my body fat is down.

That's what my coach said also. Loose the fat then begin exercising to tone the body. This is what I didn't do last time. I lost 45 pounds in 12 weeks and never moved past phase three. I hope this makes the difference this time.

lcmd09
07-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Had a tougher day today. On a busier schedule and spent most of day where I couldn't eat (eating areas restricted at work, no lunch break if busy). No cheating, but didn't eat my lunch veggies til dinner. Doh. :o Is it better to eat them between lunch and dinner, with dinner, or not at all if I miss?

LizRR
07-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Whew...catching up on the daily finally!

Happy 30th Tiger! It's my 38th birthday today too, and I am unofficially calling me getting to goal, as my home scale said 145.2lb this morning (its ~3lb lighter than the official coach Wi) and I wore my size 2 jeans with a size small top! I am leaving for Galveston on Wednesday and cannot wait for the long weekend on the beach...finally got a new bathing suit and some cute beachwear to hang out in

I am still sticking with Phase 1 the next 2 weeks, as I will be on travel this WI (coach too) and still want my BF% down some more. I am Normal BMI too, got there at 152, but would also like some 'cushion' there.

[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4406706]

From the internets:
One of the tricks to get "fake-fries" to crisp up is to soak them in cold water after you cut them (and then dry them). Many vegetables (particularly the starchy ones) will release starchy/sugary fluid when you cut them and that surface film tends to prevent them from getting crisp. Cutting them thinner also improves crispness - you can cut chips (disks) rather than fries (sticks) if you prefer. A metal baking tray will give a better result than a silicon tray because it conducts heat better. Turning them often will also make them crisper, but is more work. They are never going to be as crisp as something that is fried, but you should be able to have them come out not limp.

Hello all,

Well, it is definitely summer. Our schedule is busy crazy. It makes sticking OP difficult but not impossible. I have stayed almost 100% OP. My main problem is missing my last snack packet or missing vegis at lunch. It is so hard when not at home. I don't cheat and eat what I am not supposed to, I just end up not getting all my OP foods in me. I am getting the swing of it though. I sure look forward to starting our homeschool year back up again so our lives will settle down.

WeighIn today was a success. Coach was out of town last week, so it was actually a two week WI. Down 8.4 pounds. I was pretty physched. Thought I might have lost more inches but I will take the few that I got.

Question of the week: Has anyone ever had a coach tell them to regularly take a 4th packet a day. I have added a 4th on the days I workout, but now she wants me to add a 4th everyday. She said because I am so active and because I continue to lose lean muscle she wants me on a 4th. Hmmmm????

Sorry to be so sporatic on the board. Life will calm down in a few more weeks. Until then we have lots of travel and away from home time. Praying I can remain OP. So far so good.

Lee

Have you been adding 2 egg whites a day? Maybe try that first, it's a 'clean' way to add good low-calorie protein, and you can turn the packets into some great baked goods!

Beck81
07-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Happy Birthday LizRR and Tigerlvr!!

Stefany1769
07-17-2012, 02:23 AM
That is a GREAT second WI, way to go!!! :broc: I would say that you are in ketosis, I didnt have a lot of symptoms either. Do you feel thirsty a lot? Have dry mouth? any foggy or fatigued feeling? You need the salt. :) The salt helps your body to have the proper electrolite balance.
Good morning all,
That is still a loss ya big loser! ;) I found I lost less when I wasnt able to get a lot of water in too.

Hello friends.

You had a great loss this week, congratulations!! :broc:

Stay safe all.
I totally agree with you, the weekend was so short it felt like I didnt have one!! :P You are doing so well, that is a really good WI! :D

Have you AHEM made a trip to the bathroom recently?
I know what you mean, now that I am in Phase 2 and know that I will be phasing off I am having a harder time than I did in Phase 1 staying OP. :( BUT, we can and will make it! :) :hug:

WOW!! Way to go!!! :broc: :broc:
A box of IP food here is $31.95 per box. You guys got it good ;)
Check out some of the alternatives threads for advice on cutting costs. :)

:celebrate::bday2you::celebrate:
Great Goal achievment too!!! :broc: :broc:

Today was weigh in week 2: 4 pounds lost and 2.5 inches gone. Whoo hoo!
WOOOO HOOOO!!!! :D

Hello all,

Lee
Great job on your WI!!! :D

2 pounds is areally good WI, I had plenty of weeks where it was just 1 or 2 pounds loss, but then you get a really good week and it makes up for it. :) :hug:

Im dancing right with you :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I'm a little impatient for it to come off, but it's been steady at 2 pounds a week. So I'll take it!!! Hooray!!!:dancer: :cp: :cb:
GREAT JOB!! 18 pounds in 5 weeks is good!! :D

Overall, super excited.
Treated myself to a new outfit at Chicos, and bought size 1 in a pair of white pants, tank and and a bright red shirt....all size 1 (about size 8-10 in regular sizes).:cool:
Woooo Hooooo!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I have been thinking about a goal for motivation and found it this weekend. I am going to take a cruise--actually 3 of them back 2 back. It goes from Galveston to Barcelona, then To Dubai, then to Singapore. Some awesome ports. 41 days, I guess 42 because it takes about 35 hours to get back. I have never done a flight that takes that long, but I guess you just nap when you have a chance and sit back and enjoy it. I used to travel and go on cruises with a friend I used to work with, but she passed away, so I am on my own.
I am SOOOOOO jealous of you!!!
Im sorry to hear about your friend :( :hug:

Whew...catching up on the daily finally!

Happy 30th Tiger! It's my 38th birthday today too, and I am unofficially calling me getting to goal, as my home scale said 145.2lb this morning (its ~3lb lighter than the official coach Wi) and I wore my size 2 jeans with a size small top! I am leaving for Galveston on Wednesday and cannot wait for the long weekend on the beach...finally got a new bathing suit and some cute beachwear to hang out in

I am still sticking with Phase 1 the next 2 weeks, as I will be on travel this WI (coach too) and still want my BF% down some more. I am Normal BMI too, got there at 152, but would also like some 'cushion' there.

[QUOTE=aimeed3;4406829]

From the internets:
One of the tricks to get "fake-fries" to crisp up is to soak them in cold water after you cut them (and then dry them). Many vegetables (particularly the starchy ones) will release starchy/sugary fluid when you cut them and that surface film tends to prevent them from getting crisp. Cutting them thinner also improves crispness - you can cut chips (disks) rather than fries (sticks) if you prefer. A metal baking tray will give a better result than a silicon tray because it conducts heat better. Turning them often will also make them crisper, but is more work. They are never going to be as crisp as something that is fried, but you should be able to have them come out not limp.

Have you been adding 2 egg whites a day? Maybe try that first, it's a 'clean' way to add good low-calorie protein, and you can turn the packets into some great baked goods!

:celebrate::bday2::bday2you::bday2::celebrate:
You are doing so well, such an insparation!!

infoplease
07-17-2012, 02:57 AM
I seem to be hovering around 205 ibs. What makes this diet even more difficult for me is being a vegetarian.. I can't eat out, ever. I am getting bored with what I can eat. I had a goal in mind and an end date (a date I wanted to start phasing off) and now it looks like that is just not going to happen. And finally, my husband and I are going to a bed and breakfast in Lancaster, PA for a couple of days to celebrate our anniversary.. Staying 100% OP as a vegetarian on this trip, is going to be difficult. I am not going to quit right now.. but I almost feel like I could lose more weight and spend less money by buying a gym membership and just eating low carb, low fat.. Ugh IDK.. Well, for now, I am sticking to this and will give it some more time. Have a great week.

Sorry about the whole scale at the "clinic" fiasco. How frustrating.

I wanted to tell you that you CAN eat out, assuming you eat eggs.
You have to be kind of a pain, but many places will accomodate you.

For a more typical, mid level chain: look at all the salads on the menu. Find the bits and pieces from each one that are OP. For example, get the cobb salad, have them leave off all the meat/cheese, have them double or triple the amount of eggs and double the IP select vegetables. I order the dressing on the side and dip my fork into it every few bites; requesting oil and vinegar will keep you 100% OP.

I had a great experience at a more higher end restaurant. I ordered the vegetable mix, which turned out to be peppers and green beans. I ordered the roasted asparagus side, which turned out to be the best asparagus I have ever tasted. I asked for a bed of romaine, which is what I put the vegetable mix on. Then I had my soy puffs later at home while everyone else had ice cream and cake.

If you are absolutely away from being able to cook, you will need to rely on eggs more than you might like. You can also do two packets as a meat substitute. Order the salad and do the best you can to get the vegetables in, then just have two unrestricteds as the meat substitute. You can separate them from the meal if you want.

Call ahead to the B&B and see what they can help you with; maybe they'll let you store a few easy vegetables in the fridge (celery sticks, a bell pepper, mini cucumbers--stuff you don't have to cut up to know the portion size). You can substitute an omelette for breakfast instead of a packet. You can smell the cinnamon rolls, enjoy the smells of the breakfast but eat OP.

You can do this. You can get to onederland on your own terms.

I am way behind when I thought phase 1 would be over. I pouted every now and then but kept going. Healthwise, I feel amazing. You can too.