Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8

Default Depressed and At a Loss (Rant)

I'm in a very depressing, complicated situation. I don't want to get into the details, so I will try to sum it up. I haven't been able to find a job no matter how hard I try. I've been living with my bf (we were suppose to get engaged soon) and he was supporting me. His health has quickly deteriorated to the point that a month ago he was in great health and now he is close to immobile and doctors haven't figured out what's wrong. He has had to quit his job and can't get unemployment due to the type of field he's in. I have horrible guilt for not being able to find a job so I could support us while he (hopefully) gets better. And, of course, I feel horrible that he's going through this! There's also the selfish part of me that says "He's mine! This can't be happening!" He is going to have to move back in with his parents until the medical issue is taken care of. I am going to have to move back in with my parents as well, who live far from him. Neither of us have a vehicle. I'm going to be living in a rural area FAR from civilization...so no real chance of finding/getting to work. I have no friends I can move in with, my parents and I don't get along that well, and I have nothing of value to sell since I already did all that to move previously. Also, at almost 25, I'm feeling that "failure to launch" guilt.

I guess I just needed to get all that out. Well wishes and suggestions, if any, would be much appreciated.
Kaliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

((hugs)) that's a really tough situation to be in...i'm sure you already have, but have you talked to your local job center, welfare offices etc? even if you can't get and/or dont want welfare, they are still awesome resources to help people in their area
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #3  
Trying.....

S/C/G: 248/ticker/175

Height: 5'9

I am sure you've heard this many times and for that I am sorry but I honestly don't know what else to say. Hang in there and keep posting. This is a really awesome forum that has helped me a lot.
brvsfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I'm in the same boat, finding it very hard to find a job. Being out of work for awhile really hurts when trying to find a job. hang in there!
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #5  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Hi Kaliii, How awful for you my dear! Life can be such a B***h sometimes, can't it?
Having to deal with one thing after another is no joke and I really feel for you.
First of all though, you must remember that you are not the only person in need of work...I guess your country like mine is overwhelmed with employment problems which is soo devastating.
With regard to you both having to return back home to your parents...well..you know what they say.."absence makes the heart grow fonder!" There are many people who have had to weather the storm of being parted for various reasons. Take heart that at least he is not going off to fight in some far away place...
Do so hope that your Bf soon makes a recovery from his illness and that you can find a job that will help you to get back together again.
Take care...
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote