Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Saturday & Sunday July 14 & 15

usmcvet
07-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

usmcvet
07-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Slackers, its 10:35!

Just had my first Saturday WI down 9 in 2 weeks I'm now at 354.

jcjnjj
07-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Ha ha! Just sitting here with the kids drinking my coffee while they watch Mickey. Not going to get his voice out of my head today.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Bellamack
07-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Congrats usmcvet!

I just finished making a gigantic tossed salad with tons of veggies and got chicken ready for the grill later. We are off to a friend's place on beautiful Keuka Lake in upstate NY. Got to practice flipping my kayak and getting back in it. lol. so far, it hasn't happened. the getting back in part, I do flip it and have to swim it in. ha ha ha. Have a great day IPeeps :)

mom2hi
07-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Good morning! Getting better at eating away from my home...went to a potluck last night, hard to avoid the yummy salads, potatoes, etc. But I ate my fresh salad and ham, drank water and felt great this AM!

Have a great OP day everyone!

jennlnige
07-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Good Morning. Waiting on all 3 kids to get up so we can start the day of probably just cleaning and laundry. They should be thrilled, well at least the older two will be, my 15 month old will just do his part to make it messy again:D

This is day 4, and I have been doing great!!

My question is how long does it normally take to get into ketosis? I still don't think my body has figured out what I'm doing yet.
I know I shouldn't get on the scale, but for 3 days I have lost 3.4, which is good, but I honestly was hoping for a 8-12 for my first week. I need to just stay off the scale the rest of the week. My first weigh in is on Wednesday.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a very wonderful weekend!!!:spin:

-Jennifer

CarCamMom
07-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Good Morning! My 8 year-old daughter gave me some great motivation this morning as I sit here on the couch, sipping coffee, reading this forum...she says, "Mom, why is your chin hanging down?" I just smiled and said, "Hmmm, I'm working on fixing that! Tell me when you think it looks better."

One other note, last weekend one of my very good friends from college got married. I stayed completely OP the entire day except I had one glass of wine. It has taken me all week to get back on track after that one drink! Never, never again will I ever even think about cheating because it took my body 5 days to get back into ketosis. What a waste of time and money! Lesson learned! My next sip of wine will be when I'm in maintenance. :D

Have a great day, Everyone!

mooselover
07-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Vet - Good job. Hope you are feeling better every day :)
Bellamack - That made me laugh. LOL

My Mom and Sister and 17 year old DD left late last night. They arrived in Denver early this morning and are driving to Wyoming as I type this. We had a great visit while they were here. My DD is going to spend a week in Wyoming. She comes back next Friday. I sure hope she doesn't cause my Mom and trouble!!!

My husband and I are taking our newly aquired RV for an overnight camping trip today. Just close by to do a little fishing and a dip in the hot springs tonight. Have to take advantage of all the summer we can get. Hope you all have a great IP weekend.

KathrynRose
07-14-2012, 12:21 PM
I had my weigh in this morning, I lost 3.8 this week. I attribute it to drinking to my thirst instead of following my clinic's arbitrary limit.

I enjoy reading everyone's posts everyday even if I don't post. Thank you for all of your support.

patns
07-14-2012, 01:00 PM
I had my weigh in this morning, I lost 3.8 this week. I attribute it to drinking to my thirst instead of following my clinic's arbitrary limit.

I enjoy reading everyone's posts everyday even if I don't post. Thank you for all of your support.

Now that made me smile!!! Also reminded me to take a bottle of water out of the fridge to take on my walk today.

Pat

usmcvet
07-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Ha ha! Just sitting here with the kids drinking my coffee while they watch Mickey. Not going to get his voice out of my head today.
Hope everyone has a great day! M- I- C- K- E- Y, M- O- U- S- E!
MICKEY MOUSE!
Congrats usmcvet!

I just finished making a gigantic tossed salad with tons of veggies and got chicken ready for the grill later. We are off to a friend's place on beautiful Keuka Lake in upstate NY. Got to practice flipping my kayak and getting back in it. lol. so far, it hasn't happened. the getting back in part, I do flip it and have to swim it in. ha ha ha. Have a great day IPeeps :)
That is an important skill. When I was a kid we lived on a lake, I was always out on the canoe. I used to jump off, swim and climb back in. No way I'd be able to do that today! I've kayaked once, I loved it. Once I loose some more weight I'd like to buy a kayak.
Good morning! Getting better at eating away from my home...went to a potluck last night, hard to avoid the yummy salads, potatoes, etc. But I ate my fresh salad and ham, drank water and felt great this AM!

Have a great OP day everyone!Good work

Vet - Good job. Hope you are feeling better every day :) I am thanks Skinny Girl. Your new photo is amazing. You must have so much more energy now. The RV sounds like fun, photos?

Now that made me smile!!! Also reminded me to take a bottle of water out of the fridge to take on my walk today.

PatWater is good. Just finished my second 40 ounce bottle.

usmcvet
07-14-2012, 01:40 PM
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/VT116.png

KathrynRose
07-14-2012, 01:43 PM
I forgot to say that tomorrow is my birthday, I hope I will have reached my goals by my next birthday.

paulimapi
07-14-2012, 02:19 PM
When I tell my friends that I've been having pancakes for breakfast, ice cream at lunch and muffins as a snack they don't understand how I'm losing weight lol ;)

Beck81
07-14-2012, 02:20 PM
I made a great snack last night. I took one cup of frozen rhubarb and microwaved until mushy, added it to my magic bullet with NY cheesecake pudding (healthsmart or any pudding would do) and heaping tsp of WF caramel dip and 4-5 oz water. Blended it until smooth and then put it in the freezer, stirring a couple times until cold and frosty and it was yummy! :love::love:

Beck81
07-14-2012, 02:23 PM
I forgot to say that tomorrow is my birthday, I hope I will have reached my goals by my next birthday.

Have a wonderful birthday tomorrow and make yourself some muffins for your cake!

GrandmaKiss
07-14-2012, 02:51 PM

Happy Birthday KathrynRose, mine is on Tuesday.

I"ll be having Strawberry Angel Food Cake to celebrate

Recipe

2 egg whites
a pinch of cream of tartar
1 tsp splenda (optional)
1 IP pudding packet, I use strawberry
1/2 c water
1/2 tsp strawberry or other extract.

Preheat oven to 350 and Grease 6 inch pan. Beat egg whites, tartar and splenda until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl AFTER the whites are beaten, mix pudding packet, water and extract. Work quickly to fold the pudding into the egg whites before the pudding sets. Plop (too thick to pour) into pan and smooth top.

Bake for 25 minutes, it will puff and look gorgeous, but then fall and look disappointing. It will stay about 1 inch thick and have the texture of angel food cake. I like to top with WF strawberry syrup.

Makes 1 ENORMOUS serving. Yum. Yum.

locopollo
07-14-2012, 02:55 PM
When I tell my friends that I've been having pancakes for breakfast, ice cream at lunch and muffins as a snack they don't understand how I'm losing weight lol ;)

:lol: I am going to try to make ice cream later today. I was going to try it for breakfast, but I thought I needed more for breakfast so I had the wildberry yogurt with spinach and a couple ice cubes blended. Yum.

Went out with friends last night. Had chopped salad with steak and the dressing on the side. It was a red wine vinegrette dressing, and what spilled out of the container when they carried it to me was plenty. Just a tad. It had just a couple crumbles of gorgonzola cheese. OMG, what a lovely cheat. :D

I drank so much water, I swear I was up every hour to use the loo! But I did it and the scale rewarded me this morning. :carrot: I am hoping for a three pound loss this week for my third weigh-in. :D I got down to this weight last summer, but it took a lot longer than 16 days. Then I went on vacation and that was the end of that diet. :dizzy:

usmcvet
07-14-2012, 03:02 PM

I need tO buy some rock salt or may ey one of those little ice cream machines at Walmart to make some IP ice cream.

usmcvet
07-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Little bummer today at WI. The CC machine was down. And I took the HSA checks out of my checkbook a few weeks ago. I think I've used like three in three years. I use my Health Savings Account money to pay for my food. I didn't have the cash on hand so no food this week, or last because of vacation. But I still have plenty of IP food and a few alternatives too. Time to order from Julian Bakery again. I bought five or six loave of bread, I'm on the alternate P1 plan and I have toast every other day. I ordered four loaves of the zero bread, yuck. Tastes like cardboard. The 3&4 net carb bread taste much better, I had the sourdough yesterday. I also ordered Quest bars from them. A huge bonus is they don't melt in my truck they get warm but no melting in the heat and they are more filling and taste great. I know IP doesn't buy into the net carb thing but the extra fiber can't hurt. Anyone in my area want 1 or 3 frozen/fresh net zero loaves of bread?

locopollo
07-14-2012, 03:19 PM
That's a bummer vet! I have been stockpiling IP food packets so that I have some variety. I need to NOT buy five boxes next WI. I have some potato puree I've not tried before, but I read here about mixing it with shredded zucchini and that sounds good. Also going to try the ice cream. And I got the crispy cereal to try the waffle, but first I need to buy eggwhites. I think I have WF syrup, but I could be wrong about that.

Heading to Walmart later today. I wonder if they have WF? In my area, I've just found one Albertson's that does.

doublebaby
07-14-2012, 03:24 PM
6 more pounds gone- forever!!Love going to weigh in with my coach- She's a dream! Everyone have a great weekend.:)
Oh- I finally am below 30 on the BMI scale too. Whoot!

Beck81
07-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Little bummer today at WI. The CC machine was down. And I took the HSA checks out of my checkbook a few weeks ago. I think I've used like three in three years. I use my Health Savings Account money to pay for my food. I didn't have the cash on hand so no food this week, or last because of vacation. But I still have plenty of IP food and a few alternatives too. Time to order from Julian Bakery again. I bought five or six loave of bread, I'm on the alternate P1 plan and I have toast every other day. I ordered four loaves of the zero bread, yuck. Tastes like cardboard. The 3&4 net carb bread taste much better, I had the sourdough yesterday. I also ordered Quest bars from them. A huge bonus is they don't melt in my truck they get warm but no melting in the heat and they are more filling and taste great. I know IP doesn't buy into the net carb thing but the extra fiber can't hurt. Anyone in my area want 1 or 3 frozen/fresh net zero loaves of bread?

Vet, you use your HSA to pay for your food? I didn't know if would be considered a medical expense. Have you checked into it?

GrandmaKiss
07-14-2012, 03:44 PM

Special Foods and Beverages even if prescribed by a doctor and Weight loss programs have been declared by the IRS as non-deductible. You better check with a tax expert before using your HSA for these products or you could face an audit. For your safety do NOT believe what your health professional/coach tells you they know all about weight but nothing about taxes. If you think **** hath no fury like a woman scorned, wait until Uncle Sam gets you in his sights.

KathrynRose
07-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Yum, the strawberry shortcake sound delicious.

jcjnjj
07-14-2012, 03:54 PM

I nearly jumped out of my chair when I read this...we can use our HSA accounts for the food? I would love that! Did you get a pre-approval for this or anything?

athebeach
07-14-2012, 04:08 PM
I have been trying lots of new things since the Fun with packets was posted. Thank you for doing that. I have been really enjoying the cereal pancakes, Yesterday I had rhubarb, made from frozen and today I made the oatmeal rhubarb crisp to have for a snack and veggie maybe for a late lunch. I tried jicama fries and really liked them. I bought two turnips, will bake one in the micro and have a "baked Potato" with the turkey beef meatloaf I plan to make later. I was having huge problems staying OP- eating extra bars. My coach and I parted ways this week and I am going to try going it alone for 2 weeks. If I do not lose I can always go to a different clinic. There are 2 more in the area and one is closer than the one I have been going to. They just wanted your money and were giving me lectures because they knew I was buying extra things on line. When they do not have what you want, what is one to do?
I comitted to being 100% OP and think that plus all the support from all of you really helps. I guess I need to find more to do other than be on computer and TV and maybe that would help. Got in this bad habit after knee injury. Now I shy away from social activity because I am not sure I can face the food issues. I did vacation for three weeks and lost 4 pounds, so I should just accept that I can do it and grab another water instead of an extra bar. Thank you all again for all the support.

usmcvet
07-14-2012, 04:13 PM
At Ice Age4 with the wife and kiddies.

Porthardygurl
07-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Good Afternoon All..

Looks like summer has arrived..yay! Cant wait to get out to the lake!!!
Finally the family has all left and now we just have a messy house to show for it. Looks like im going to be doing some cleaning today as well...

Well... i hope everyone has an OP day today...My weigh in for monday but my scale broke...so...im thinking of not replacing my scale for another week..teehee...I dont like scales anyway..so it wont hurt if i delay it a little longer..I want to know how much i weigh..but on the other hand...i love not weighing myself anymore...Only DH knows my weight now...he just gets to tell me how much ive lost..but i think im starting not to care now... I just want to get through the rest of my 90 day challenge..

locastella
07-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Down 5.6 more pounds and 12 inches in two weeks :)

Thats 12.2 pounds and 17 inches in three weeks, this is amazing :)))

efwilli
07-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Had my 4th WI today. I'm down a total of 13.8 pounds! I was hoping for more in the first month but I'm very happy and continuing to move forward. My goal for next WI is to be in the 140s. Its been so long since ive seen those numbers on the scale. Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

jennlnige
07-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Down 5.6 more pounds and 12 inches in two weeks :)

Woo Hoo!!!! Way to go!!!:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

locopollo
07-14-2012, 04:34 PM

:carrot:

Someone asked about ketosis? I think the answer is it takes 3-14 days. I have some ketostix, but they don't do much. But when my urine smells like vitamins and I didn't just take them and when I have BO, I figure I'm in fat burning mode. And I apply more deodorant. ;)

jmuroff1
07-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Had my WI #5 yesterday. Down another 2.2 this week. So down a total of 11 pounds since I started the program :-D Rewarded myself with a new pandora charm :D

locastella
07-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Had my 4th WI today. I'm down a total of 13.8 pounds! I was hoping for more in the first month but I'm very happy and continuing to move forward. My goal for next WI is to be in the 140s. Its been so long since ive seen those numbers on the scale. Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

Awesome :carrot: Those numbers we haven't seen since forever are sooo nice. And just think about it. You lost almost 14 pounds in one month, imagine how bad you would feel if you gained that and make sure you feel just as high a degree of good!

WingnutandMe
07-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Slackers, its 10:35!

Just had my first Saturday WI down 9 in 2 weeks I'm now at 354.

Yahoo, vet. I see that you are really close to half way. That is so exciting. I'm rooting for you.

I made a great snack last night. I took one cup of frozen rhubarb and microwaved until mushy, added it to my magic bullet with NY cheesecake pudding (healthsmart or any pudding would do) and heaping tsp of WF caramel dip and 4-5 oz water. Blended it until smooth and then put it in the freezer, stirring a couple times until cold and frosty and it was yummy! :love::love:

Super sounding recipe. I just got some more rhubatb today and will try it soon.

I had an interesting morning. I have a friend I only see about once a month. She is currently larger than I was when I started. She is diabetic and I'm trying to show her where the alternate phase 1 plan could work for her. She's convinced she could never diet.

Anyway, we picked up a good friend of hers from Florida who will be staying with her for a month. This lady is even larger than my friend. She is disabled and very verbally abused by her husband. Plus, he doesn't let her out of the house nor let her have any supplements nor decent meals (he does all of the cooking). She is suffering nutritionally and is very emotionally dependent on food (a lot of us know all about that).

The point I'm trying to make is, I guess since I've been on the program now for 6 months and have dealt with my own emotional dependence on food, it stuck out like a sore thumb seeing that behavior in others. It was so sad to see that the only time she smiled was when she was eating something and of course, it was carb, calorie, and fat laden. My friend has been collecting up extra supplements for her and hopes to get her outside to get some vitamin D. I realize now how sad it is to see food dependence, but it's harder in to see it in people who are in a situation emotionally they can't do much with.

Anyway, I just had to talk about this. It has really hit me hard, but has helped reinforce what I'm doing and why.

Have a great weekend. Stay OP. Don't be tempted. Come her to the forum for reinforcement.

Molly

shellby
07-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Just got back from a 5 day holiday. Things went great! Brought my ID proteins with me. Thought it would be hard but I managed fine! Down 38 with 24 to go!

:cheer2::cheer3::encore:

Stefany1769
07-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Im reposting this from last nights thread. :)

Usmcvet thank you! I know what you mean about getting comfy... I think that's part of my problem too. Plus I have have had a LOT of increased activities in my schedule lately. I have no time for me at all! I'm glad you have identified what you were doing... You are doing so well!!!

Drakegirl you can do this! I'm wishing the whoosh fairy to you!!

Kaypix sometimes it's that I'm hungry, most of the time it's that I am busy. I have a high stress job and a very busy home life.
Thanks for the info on the peanuts, that helps a lot.

Chloe222 thank you for treating me like I'm one of your family! I have thought seriously about that.

Rainbowsmiles thank you! You are always so supportive and sweet! I was literally breathing like you told me when I read your post lol

Lotusflowerbomb thank you so much for your encouragement
I have definitely been pre-planning my meals (the night before) some nights when it is midnight and I have to be up at six I just can't seem to push myself to do so. I wish I could say that things slow down a little on the weekends... But they don't.
I confess I have been eating some plain nuts myself, I understand exactly what you mean about wanting them when you don't get your oils in!

Evepet I'm going to try drinking tea when I have a bar! Never would have thought of that, thanks!

Wuvthank you! that is what I tell myself when I am feeling really guilty

Samba it really helps to know that I am not the only one that struggles with this. Like Wuv said at least it is an IP product and not a candy bar or something!

Julied31 thank you for the encouragement it helps me to have the support

Mooselover thanks! I'm glad your visit with your family was fun!

Patns thank you for the encouragement
Getting off schedule is probably a big part of the problem, along with the fact that my schedule has recently gotten extremely hectic and I haven't found my balance back yet.
Do you know if it is ok to have more than one restricted in maintenance if you need to?

delgen thank you!
I am happy to say that I weighed myself this morning and I was down 2.2 pounds so I don't think I knocked myself out of ketosis! YEAY!!

Bttrhalf did you see a different coach the last time? I have seen different ones and they pull the tape at different amounts.

Unwaver1ng thank you for this post I used your advice today!

Samba
07-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Oh so hot here. I am bummed that I can not bear to go outside! Having dinner tonight with my friend though.

I am on my first week back OP. things seem to be happening. The last few pounds are tough for me to budge!

I just watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead on the Internet. I love inspiring stories. It reminded me to keep on going to goal! I loved what Joe said, "I did the crime and have to do the time". No way around it! I can't wait to see "May I Be Frank".

I was with friends at a dog show while on IP and they stopped for burgers. One expressed concern that I could not have the food. I told her to think nothing of it, because I don't. I have not denied myself many foods for decades! For heaven's sakes it doesn't 't hurt to do that now! I did the crime for most of my life! Really, not missing my Lipitor, Metformin or Glypizide either! It is amazing what can happen to our body if we will get out of the way and stop insulting the system with our food choices! I also looking forward to a life of healthy eating from here on. Ha! I spent 50 years learning how NOT to eat! Oh bother.:dizzy:

Halfagain
07-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Had my WI #5 yesterday. Down another 2.2 this week. So down a total of 11 pounds since I started the program :-D Rewarded myself with a new pandora charm :D

Thanks Jmuroff1 for the idea. Congrats on the 2.2 lbs lost as well - hooray! I was needing some sort of goal markers or something to go with the goals I set last night (I posted about that in the Friday chat late last night). My bracelet has few charms right now, and I have plenty of goals that will help achieve charms to fill it up with meaningful mementos.
Barb

sanibelover
07-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Hey IPeeps! Anyone have a recommendation for a scale? I have been looking at the Omron HBF-514C Full Body Composition Sensing Monitor and Scale. Anyone have any experience with this one? Or another one that you really like (or really don't like)?

Thanks for your input!!

ccgirl
07-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am new to these boards and on day 4 of IP. I'm so inspired/encouraged by all of the fabulous success stories here -- still figuring out the website - a little tricky. I have a questiona about sweetners. Is there a limit to the amount of splenda/stevia you can use per day? Is 0 carb, 0 sugar, o calorie drink mix sweetened with splenda ok or do you need to limit it like Crystal Light. Thanks!

ccgirl
07-14-2012, 07:16 PM
oops -- sorry. I just visited the "newbie" q&a and realized that I was not supposed to ask questions here. I'll search for the info instead. Enjoy the weekend!

Stefany1769
07-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Great loss!!! :broc: :broc: :broc:

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/VT116.png
You are such an awesome LOSER!!!! ;)

:celebrate::bday2you::celebrate:

LOL I so know what you mean here :D

I need tO buy some rock salt or may ey one of those little ice cream machines at Walmart to make some IP ice cream.
Oh yes definitely worth spending the money for an ice cream maker!!
Since you have posted about the quest bars a few times I have checked them out and I will be ordering soon and using them while in maintenanc. :) Thanks!! I am sorry you had a rough time at your WI :hug::hug::hug:

6 more pounds gone- forever!!Love going to weigh in with my coach- She's a dream! Everyone have a great weekend.:)
Oh- I finally am below 30 on the BMI scale too. Whoot!
WOWWWW!!! That is an awesome loss, way to go!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I have been trying lots of new things since the Fun with packets was posted. Thank you for doing that. I have been really enjoying the cereal pancakes, Yesterday I had rhubarb, made from frozen and today I made the oatmeal rhubarb crisp to have for a snack and veggie maybe for a late lunch. I tried jicama fries and really liked them. I bought two turnips, will bake one in the micro and have a "baked Potato" with the turkey beef meatloaf I plan to make later. I was having huge problems staying OP- eating extra bars. My coach and I parted ways this week and I am going to try going it alone for 2 weeks. If I do not lose I can always go to a different clinic. There are 2 more in the area and one is closer than the one I have been going to. They just wanted your money and were giving me lectures because they knew I was buying extra things on line. When they do not have what you want, what is one to do?
I comitted to being 100% OP and think that plus all the support from all of you really helps. I guess I need to find more to do other than be on computer and TV and maybe that would help. Got in this bad habit after knee injury. Now I shy away from social activity because I am not sure I can face the food issues. I did vacation for three weeks and lost 4 pounds, so I should just accept that I can do it and grab another water instead of an extra bar. Thank you all again for all the support.
I can really relate to you here, I just posted yesterday about having a problem eating to many bars. There were a lot of really helpful suggestions, check out the IP daily chat Friday. :):hug::hug::hug:

You are doing great!! Good job!! :hug:

Great loss!!!! :D

Molly It is sad that we see people like this, and it does hurt to see people suffer. They are lucky to have a friend like you around. It is great that it has helped you to re-afirm (sp) what you have been and are doing right now though. :hug::hug:

Just got back from a 5 day holiday. Things went great! Brought my ID proteins with me. Thought it would be hard but I managed fine! Down 38 with 24 to go!
:cheer2::cheer3::encore:
WOOOHOOO!!! :carrot:

dizzyjean
07-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi all, its been a busy weekend. One of my DD's & family moved in with us today. They are selling their condo and expecting to leave in a month for a job in England. We will sooo visit them! I spent the morning cleaning all the kitchen cabinets. Its good to get something accomplished.
Anyway, lots to do today, but I started with a WI, and lost 5 pounds over 2 weeks. (Last week I was in Atlanta for a family wedding.)
I was pretty happy about that!! only 2 more pounds and I will be halfway to my goal. SWEET!

WingnutandMe
07-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Hey IPeeps! Anyone have a recommendation for a scale? I have been looking at the Omron HBF-514C Full Body Composition Sensing Monitor and Scale. Anyone have any experience with this one? Or another one that you really like (or really don't like)?

Thanks for your input!!

I believe that's the one that Chloe got. I haven't seen her on her today, yet. She loves it. You can get more info from her. I've heard some others hve purchased the Omron on her recommendation. I had already purchased a Taylor and I like it, too. The two scales measure some different things. You might PM Chloe about hers.

Molly

lcmd09
07-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Just wanted to say hi everyone! Just started IP, on day #3. Cravings finally getting better!:) Lining up all the various-sized clothes in my closet to remind me of NSVs awaiting me!

Stefany1769
07-14-2012, 07:33 PM
I had my WI this morning and I am down another 3.2 pounds and 2 inches! (two weeks worth of loss)

I start Phase 2 today!!!! :flow1: :sunny: :cheer: :yay:

I am pretty apprehensive about starting Phase 3 soon, it just seems so complicated!

My coach is concerned because I lost 3 pounds of muscle and my body fat percentage went up... Im not sure if that is because of the extra bars or battling with the sea sickness on the boat. They want me to be at 31% or less and as of today I am at 32.5%. I think if I go much farther with my weight loss I am going to look too bony. Some of the fat percentage is just going to have to come off with excersice. :) I was a little bummed that I had to bring up going to Phase 2 and that she didnt even congratulate me for getting to goal.... oh well.

athebeach
07-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Stephany, Congratulations on reaching your goal. That is awesome. I am 1/3 of the way to my goal. I guess it will take almost another year.
If you have mastered phase 1 and met your goal you will be able to master phases 2,3 and 4. Hang in and keep on keepin on.

vovo
07-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Stefany1769 - Congratulations on meeting your weight goal. As atthebeach has said, if you can meet your phase1 goal, you can meet your others!!! We all know you can do it :)

evepet
07-14-2012, 08:14 PM

Thanks for your input!!
I've got the Omron HBF-514. Not sure what extra benefits the HBF-514C has.... ? I know I love mine. I got it really early when I first started the protocol, so I have all my measurements recorded from then. I recall Chloe222 getting an Omron shortly after I got mine, and I know she's said she's happy with hers too. I'm not sure whether hers is the HBF-514 or HBF-514C model.

It's great being able to measure all those 'extra things'. I find it very motivating.

evepet
07-14-2012, 08:15 PM
I had my WI this morning and I am down another 3.2 pounds and 2 inches! (two weeks worth of loss)

I am pretty apprehensive about starting Phase 3 soon, it just seems so complicated!

My coach is concerned because I lost 3 pounds of muscle and my body fat percentage went up... Im not sure if that is because of the extra bars or battling with the sea sickness on the boat. They want me to be at 31% or less and as of today I am at 32.5%. I think if I go much farther with my weight loss I am going to look too bony. Some of the fat percentage is just going to have to come off with excersice. :) I was a little bummed that I had to bring up going to Phase 2 and that she didnt even congratulate me for getting to goal.... oh well.

Congrats Stephany!

usmcvet
07-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Tha is an excellent amount, it is just in the range of 3-5 a week. Everyone is different and some of us are starting at substantially different weights with large differences in what we each need/want to loose.
Yahoo, vet. I see that you are really close to half way. That is so exciting. I'm rooting for you.

I had an interesting morning. I have a friend I only see about once a month. She is currently larger than I was when I started. She is diabetic and I'm trying to show her where the alternate phase 1 plan could work for her. She's convinced she could never diet.

Anyway, we picked up a good friend of hers from Florida who will be staying with her for a month. This lady is even larger than my friend. She is disabled and very verbally abused by her husband. Plus, he doesn't let her out of the house nor let her have any supplements nor decent meals (he does all of the cooking). She is suffering nutritionally and is very emotionally dependent on food (a lot of us know all about that).

The point I'm trying to make is, I guess since I've been on the program now for 6 months and have dealt with my own emotional dependence on food, it stuck out like a sore thumb seeing that behavior in others. It was so sad to see that the only time she smiled was when she was eating something and of course, it was carb, calorie, and fat laden. My friend has been collecting up extra supplements for her and hopes to get her outside to get some vitamin D. I realize now how sad it is to see food dependence, but it's harder in to see it in people who are in a situation emotionally they can't do much with.

Anyway, I just had to talk about this. It has really hit me hard, but has helped reinforce what I'm doing and why.

Have a great weekend. Stay OP. Don't be tempted. Come her to the forum for reinforcement.

Molly

Thanks Molly.

I feel like if I can do it anyone can. I'm doing the alternate phase one plan. I started at 470 and God knows I probably had higher weights. It was just a switch in my head when I saw a friend who had success, I went to the meeting and I jumped in head first. But if I had a negative attitude it never would have worked. You know the old saying, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Sorry about your friend with the ******* husband!

Im reposting this from last nights thread. :)

Usmcvet thank you! I know what you mean about getting comfy... I think that's part of my problem too. Plus I have have had a LOT of increased activities in my schedule lately. I have no time for me at all! I'm glad you have identified what you were doing... You are doing

[QUOTE=Stefany1769;4405156]Great loss!!! :broc: :broc: :broc:

You are such an awesome LOSER!!!! ;)

:celebrate::bday2you::celebrate:

LOL I so know what you mean here :D

Oh yes definitely worth spending the money for an ice cream maker!!

Since you have posted about the quest bars a few times I have checked them out and I will be ordering soon and using them while in maintenanc. :) Thanks!! I am sorry you had a rough time at your WI :hug::hug::hug:

WOWWWW!!! That is an awesome loss, way to go!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I can really relate to you here, I just posted yesterday about having a problem eating to many bars. There were a lot of really helpful suggestions, check out the IP daily chat Friday. :):hug::hug::hug:

You are doing great!! Good job!! :hug:

Great loss!!!! :D

Molly It is sad that we see people like this, and it does hurt to see people suffer. They are lucky to have a friend like you around. It is great that it has helped you to re-afirm (sp) what you have been and are doing right now though. :hug::hug:

WOOOHOOO!!! :carrot:

Goal Baby Freaking Goal. The quest bars rock. I'm gonna get an ice cream maker thanks for encouraging me. I have this soccer ball looking thing from LL Bean but it's way too much freaking work, cool for camping but electricity rocks!

Beck81
07-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Special Foods and Beverages even if prescribed by a doctor and Weight loss programs have been declared by the IRS as non-deductible. You better check with a tax expert before using your HSA for these products or you could face an audit. For your safety do NOT believe what your health professional/coach tells you they know all about weight but nothing about taxes. If you think **** hath no fury like a woman scorned, wait until Uncle Sam gets you in his sights.

Thanks GrandmaKiss for the info. I work in a tax office during the season and didn't think I could use my HSA for the food. I hadn't looked into it but I'll follow your advice. I'm going to save my insurance some money though by getting thinner!!

doublebaby
07-14-2012, 08:44 PM

Stefany,
Nobody should EVER have to leave the clinic with having reached GOAL and not being CONGRADULATED for all your HARD WORK and COMMITTMENT to the progam!! Wish I could give you a ticker tape parade but here are some :balloons: instead! You will find your way in the rest of the phases so don't worry about that. You will do great!!

justbecause53
07-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi all, its been a busy weekend. One of my DD's & family moved in with us today. They are selling their condo and expecting to leave in a month for a job in England. We will sooo visit them! I spent the morning cleaning all the kitchen cabinets. Its good to get something accomplished.
Anyway, lots to do today, but I started with a WI, and lost 5 pounds over 2 weeks. (Last week I was in Atlanta for a family wedding.)
I was pretty happy about that!! only 2 more pounds and I will be halfway to my goal. SWEET!

Nice weight loss over the past two weeks while attending a wedding no less! Now you're looking at that halfway point and maybe more for this week. Just imagine how smokin' you will be when you visit your family in England!

Beck81
07-14-2012, 08:45 PM
I want to replace my 25+ year old scale too. So I think I'll check out the Ormons!

Meagan240
07-14-2012, 08:48 PM
I have a quick question for the women of IP: I read somewhere that the pill becomes inactive on IP, but what about the depo shot? Does that still work?

justbecause53
07-14-2012, 08:51 PM

Congratulations on reaching goal, Stefany! What a great accomplishment. All your hard work has paid off. Good luck on your entry into Phase 2 and then 3. You've got this, you'll do great!

fam4me
07-14-2012, 09:09 PM

Well, we will on here! Congratulations and great job!!!!!:cp::cp::carrot:

WingnutandMe
07-14-2012, 09:33 PM
I just discovered the most wonderful thing. Land o Lakes Parmesan and Herb sprinkles. I made my usual kale chips and then sprinkled a little of these sprinkles. Heaven :angel:

Molly

SewingMomma
07-14-2012, 09:37 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!! That is so awesome!

Kaypix
07-14-2012, 10:27 PM
So I was totally trying to make it thru the threads...I got somewhere about 3/4 down the first group and then said, nope can't do it, too flipping tired. My eyes are crossing as I write this.

Today, was long. In a good way. But still, it was long. My husband I were up at 7:00 this morning (oh wait, that was me, I woke him up at 8:00). And out the door by 8:20 to meet the in laws for breakfast before a big day of riding. I grabbed a quick hot cocoa at home (wonder slim, 15g protein 4g carbs) and figured i'd get eggs at the restaurant. We get there, and low and behold they have "lighter appetites" omelets. Just meat and egg, that's it, no hash browns, i ask for a pancake so i can give it to my step mother in law (she wanted one but wouldn't order it). The service was terrible, and my omelet came out as a crispy bacon instead of sausage, and actually had SLICES of American cheese on it. SLICES! I also was given a whomping order of has browns and toast instead of the pancake i asked for. The waitressed blamed the cook for not reading her notes, and I asked if they didn't see the sausage either, she said "no ma'am, i thought you said crispy bacon". . . Now, My hearing may not be the greatest, but how in the **** does one confuse "Sausage" with "Crispy Bacon"? Anyways, I eat the eggs and cheese of the omelet, leave the bacon, hash browns, and toast, drink my water and coffee with splenda (brought my own, glad i did) and got ready to leave.

We end up at this BEAUTIFUL house full of people, all my parents' age, and these people put us to shame. Full bar, food, pictures, prizes, you name it, they had it. We rode for a total of 150 miles today, stopping at 5 "pit stops" that were for the bar crawl. By the time me and the husband left, they were pretty well sloshed. BUT they were doing better than us as far as being tired goes. So I will never again say "old people have no endurance" because they kicked my *** all over the county today, so kudos to them.

I'm down again today, expecting a gain tomorrow due to muscle gain and probably pretty severe water retention, but hopefully will have a big loss again on monday (weigh in day).

I'm off to pass out now, good night all!

patns
07-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Getting off schedule is probably a big part of the problem, along with the fact that my schedule has recently gotten extremely hectic and I haven't found my balance back yet.
Do you know if it is ok to have more than one restricted in maintenance if you need to?

Stefany;
I have to smile each time I see you are in North Pole, I always think I am close to there but I guess I am living in the south compared to you!

You are doing fantastic! You are so tall you will be in a fantastic range when you reach goal and should be quite tall.

I am like you in that my job is very hectic and time consuming plus I have a very long commute. What I found about maintenance is that I missed the convenience of the packets when work gets wild which actually is 5 days a week. I had difficulty with phase 3 because I knew well before IP that I can't handle wheat and dairy so phase 3 didn't agree with me.
So what I worked out for maintenance is staying very close to phase 2 with a few treats on the weekend.
I think you could have 2 restricted in the day but I would likely be hungry.

What works for me on a workday is a Costco premier nutrition drink on my way to work.
I make huge salads put them in the fridge and take some from the bowl each day along with chicken breast I made ahead too or a can of tune or a salmon.

Then late afternoon on my long drive home I have my bar and a coffee. That way I am not starving when I get home and make a meal just like the regular meal on IP with the animal protein and veggies. So it is all pretty routine and I don't have to make decisions every day.

One thing I did find out about the bars is one I never tried while on IP because it is very high in carbs. It is the Quest bar. The trick with those is they are also very high in fiber. To tell the truth they are not my favorite in taste but not too bad. But they really fill me up and I am not hungry of a long time after I eat them. They also really help with constipation problems.

I would really recommenced those for maintenance.
My biggest problem has been snacking on fruit when the weather got so hot. Hubby was buying strawberries, blueberries, cherrys and grapes and I couldn't stop eating them once I started. I was up 3 pounds after a week of that, so hubby has to keep them in the fridge out of my sight. I started eating one quest bar a day after my weight went up from the abundance of fruit and I got the 3 pounds off quickly.

During the phasing off part we have to watch carefully how our body reactes to certain things and work out what what will work for maintenance long term.
Pat

PammyLou
07-14-2012, 10:53 PM
Hello! Today is my day one and I'm struggling with the veggies. I am trying not to be too hard on myself, but I'm very worried I'll fail this just like the past attempts to lose. One step at a time, that's what I'm focused on. Dinner is coming up, time to see what happens. I'm hopeful that my story will be similar to those of you on this board that I see succeeding. :-)

usmcvet
07-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Thanks GrandmaKiss for the info. I work in a tax office during the season and didn't think I could use my HSA for the food. I hadn't looked into it but I'll follow your advice. I'm going to save my insurance some money though by getting thinner!! I just re read IRS 592 page 17. It contradicts itself. I clearly meet the exception to allow payment because of the diagnosis of specific weight related issues, HBP, Obesity and more. But it goes on to prohibit food. So I suppose the initial consultation may be okay.

Stefany,
Nobody should EVER have to leave the clinic with having reached GOAL and not being CONGRADULATED for all your HARD WORK and COMMITTMENT to the progam!! Wish I could give you a ticker tape parade but here are some :balloons: instead! You will find your way in the rest of the phases so don't worry about that. You will do great!! ah yeah. They made a big deal about me breaking 100 pounds. I would think GOAL would be a bigger deal.

Stefany;
I have to smile each time I see you are in North Pole, I always think I am close to there but I guess I am living in the south compared to you!

You are doing fantastic! You are so tall you will be in a fantastic range when you reach goal and should be quite tall.

I am like you in that my job is very hectic and time consuming plus I have a very long commute. What I found about maintenance is that I missed the convenience of the packets when work gets wild which actually is 5 days a week. I had difficulty with phase 3 because I knew well before IP that I can't handle wheat and dairy so phase 3 didn't agree with me.
So what I worked out for maintenance is staying very close to phase 2 with a few treats on the weekend.

What works for me on a workday is a Costco premier nutrition drink on my way to work.
I make huge salads put them in the fridge and take some from the bowl each day along with chicken breast I made ahead too or a can of tune or a salmon.

Then late afternoon on my long drive home I have my bar and a coffee. That way I am not starving when I get home and make a meal just like the regular meal on IP with the animal protein and veggies. So it is all pretty routine and I don't have to make decisions every day.

One thing I did find out about the bars is one I never tried while on IP because it is very high in carbs. It is the Quest bar. The trick with those is they are also very high in fiber. To tell the truth they are not my favorite in taste but not too bad. But they really fill me up and I am not hungry of a long time after I eat them. They also really help with constipation problems.

My biggest problem has been snacking on fruit when the weather got so hot. Hubby was buying strawberries, blueberries, cherrys and grapes and I couldn't stop eating them once I started. I was up 3 pounds after a week of that, so hubby has to keep them in the fridge out of my sight. I started eating one quest bar a day after my weight went up from the abundance of fruit and I got the 3 pounds off quickly.

During the phasing off part we have to watch carefully how our body reactes to certain things and work out what what will work for maintenance long term.
Pat. Good to hear the Quest bars are working for you.

mompattie
07-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Hey vet. What's your fav Quest bar flavor? I like the peanut butter Pure Protein bars and I knew you liked those as well. What should I try for Quest? I have to order them online. Thanks!!!

GrandmaKiss
07-15-2012, 01:17 AM
Need advice.

I see a lot of you throwing a handful of spinach into your shakes and saying you can't taste it but the fiber is more filling. It took me 6 weeks, but I finally decided to try it.

I use a magic bullet for my shakes and it works great. But when addint the spinach I couldn't get the spinach to "disappear". It is true that I couldn't taste the spinach, but I had lots of green floaties and I had to kind of chew.

So what is the secret of getting the spinach to liquify?

LizRR
07-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Howdy folks, didn't mean to disappear after my Fri WI, but my folks drove in, I had to make up work from the car fiasco on Mon&Tue, and was preparing for my sons birthday party we had today (he is 2, I am 38 on Mon, we have the same bday). Finally cleaned up and winding down, catching up before bed.

Oh, and no problems staying OP with pizza, cupcakes, ice cream, kettle corn, ... The works. I had several veggie sides (for myself) and my soy puffs during the party.

So, I reached my official goal and woke up this morning to a 2lb+ whoosh according to home scale, curious to see how it all shakes out in 2 weeks. And HUGE NSV, went shopping with my mom on Fri at Old Navy and bought size 2 jeans and 2 size small shirts. I NEVER imagined I would see those sizes, the jeans are snug, but they fit...exactly like the 4s did just a few short days(?) ago...and since I plan on P1 for 2 more weeks I got them, the 4s are baggy butts now. Looking forward to the consignment store exchange in a week, all of my clothes are all officially too big...

I am happy to have reached several of my goals by my 38th birthday on Monday!

Oh...responding to some posts from Fri chat:

Way to go! Your weight loss is amazing! I had my week 4 WI and I gained a pound!? I am 100% OP and I gained. You always have good solid losses....what is your secret?? I way soo much more, I would think those with bigger numbers would loss faster than you.
I hope this doesn't sound jealous - but I am envious. Just wish my journey looked more like yours.

Well, we are all different...I started IP after months of weightlifting and think I had 'reserve muscle' that helped my initial RMR, I have lost lean mass, but I think dropping the weights cold turkey my 1st 8 weeks is a factor with that, also you naturally lose some lean mass as you get smaller.

A few 'notes' I have for myself:
1. I drink A LOT of water, 8 cups at work and 12-16 cups at home, along with 2 hot herbal teas / night...a lot of liquid.
2. I eat every 4 hours and don't eat after 8pm
3. I only have restricteds on workout days (tue,thu,sun), my 4th packet.
4. I add 2 egg white recipe on workout days and weekends (tue,thu,sat,sun)
5. I was walking low, slow since day 1 of IP with my son to the park ~2.5mi ~4-6 days/week until ~4 weeks ago (too hot).
7. I started up my weightlifting again at week 8, but MUCH lighter and only 2x/week. The past 3 weeks I've been increasing my weights and frequency to 3x/week, probably should have done that sooner, but was hesitant to increase intensity.
8. I stay OP. but one time I did have 2 restricted in one day

You have done amazing! I really want to start exercising but I am so scared it will affect my weight loss. I know you have put up your meal schedule before but I cannot find it. Would you mind posting it again? I would really love to have something to go by and see if it works for me. You are truly an inspiration!

Workout days: bfast@8am, lunch@12pm, restricted@4pm, 2egg white IP@6pm, bodypump@6/30-7:30, dinner@8pm
Regular days:bfast@8am, lunch@12pm, snack@4pm, dinner@8pm.
I have 1 cup veggies@bfast, 1 cup@lunch, and 2 cups@dinner.
I started working out very slow, and low intensity then worked up from there...listen to your body and have the 4th packet.

Congrats! How does it feel?

It feels surreal, honestly - I need to take more regular pictures for my mental picture to catch up with reality...but you know what...size 2 jeans feel Amazing!

Go Girl. You freaking rock. Hottie!!! So what kinda lab work? What about those body fat scales good or junk? My clinic is run by an MD and she doesn't use one. I will try to ask tomorrow at WI. !

I am an Electrical Engineer, I work in a secure lab on radar sensors for defense systems so no phone or Internet access when I'm in there. And my opinion on those body fat scales is as long as you are consistent with using the same machine they should show the trend, but the actual number may not be 100% 6-sigma accurate. I think they can be valuable to show your progress vs. a baseline at initial WI.

mompattie
07-15-2012, 01:22 AM
That's what happened to me too GrandmaKiss!! I was totally put off by the color and texture!! After a few sips the whole thing got chucked down the drain! LOL! Just not my deal, others love them!!

athebeach
07-15-2012, 02:08 AM
I just discovered the most wonderful thing. Land o Lakes Parmesan and Herb sprinkles. I made my usual kale chips and then sprinkled a little of these sprinkles. Heaven :angel:

Molly
The Land O Lakes cheese also comes in sharp cheddar-available from amazon.com

BLUEJEWEL
07-15-2012, 02:09 AM
[QUOTE=LizRR;4405380]Howdy folks, didn't mean to disappear after my Fri WI, but my folks drove in, I had to make up work from the car fiasco on Mon&Tue, and was preparing for my sons birthday party we had today (he is 2, I am 38 on Mon, we have the same bday). Finally cleaned up and winding down, catching up before bed.

Oh, and no problems staying OP with pizza, cupcakes, ice cream, kettle corn, ... The works. I had several veggie sides (for myself) and my soy puffs during the party.

So, I reached my official goal and woke up this morning to a 2lb+ whoosh according to home scale, curious to see how it all shakes out in 2 weeks. And HUGE NSV, went shopping with my mom on Fri at Old Navy and bought size 2 jeans and 2 size small shirts. I NEVER imagined I would see those sizes, the jeans are snug, but they fit...exactly like the 4s did just a few short days(?) ago...and since I plan on P1 for 2 more weeks I got them, the 4s are baggy butts now. Looking forward to the consignment store exchange in a week, all of my clothes are all officially too big...

Congratulations Lizzrr
I have to ask you...so it says you joined March 2012, is that when you started the program too, or just when you joined 3fatchicks? If that is when you started your losses are absolutely amazing! I truly love your schedule, and wish i were the type who could be so regimented, but that is not me or my job or life, but I can try and do better.
Anyways, I cannot imagine being in a size two, that must be surreal!
Please continue to post, as you are one of the few who has exercised while on this plan, and that is uber important to some of us...

BLUEJEWEL
07-15-2012, 02:24 AM
I have a couple of questions, and an experience...

First off yesterday was a special day I spend with 2 of my best friends twice a year. We watch a favorite show of ours from 8 am - 11pm (I bring my work with me) The day typically consists of bagels in the morning, sanwhiches and chips for lunch and usually some wonderful comfort food for dinner, with pie ice cream, candy and drinks throughout the day...so yesterday, I did bring the bagels and cream cheese (my traditional assignment) but I did not have any, and my friends made grilled vegetables and grilled chicken for lunch, putting the onions on the side for me, and we had grilled steaks and veggies for dinner. They still had their ice cream, candy and drinks...but I stayed 100% on program (except for 5 pieces of Extra gum). I cannot thank my friends enough for being so supportive! And proud of myself for staying OP!

Now my questions, the last few days I have felt terrible, like I am in a cloud and cannot think clearly. I had not been taking the vitamins, as most multi vitamins typically make me feel sick to my stomach. I went to Costco today and got the Ecodrink Complete Multivitamin, I am feeling better this evening, but am curious if anyone else feels really weird or not so sharp when they are on this program. I had heard that I will have clarity...when does that happen? One friend says I am feeling out of sorts because my body is detoxing. Thoughts? Could it be the lack of supplements? I am going to monitor things now that i have the liquid vitamin hopefully that will help. Also other than gum I have been 100% OP and feel as though I am gaining this week and not losing...sigh...that would be horrible...I am drinking the water and am in week 4 with Monday being my week 4 weigh in....any ideas??

Thank you so much. These boards are super helpful.
Blue Jewel

Stefany1769
07-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Stephany, Congratulations on reaching your goal. That is awesome. I am 1/3 of the way to my goal. I guess it will take almost another year.
If you have mastered phase 1 and met your goal you will be able to master phases 2,3 and 4. Hang in and keep on keepin on.

Stefany1769 - Congratulations on meeting your weight goal. As atthebeach has said, if you can meet your phase1 goal, you can meet your others!!! We all know you can do it :)

Congrats Stephany!

[QUOTE=Stefany1769;4405121]Im reposting this from last nights thread. :)
Usmcvet thank you! I know what you mean about getting comfy... I think that's part of my problem too. Plus I have have had a LOT of increased activities in my schedule lately. I have no time for me at all! I'm glad you have identified what you were doing... You are doing

Goal Baby Freaking Goal. The quest bars rock. I'm gonna get an ice cream maker thanks for encouraging me. I have this soccer ball looking thing from LL Bean but it's way too much freaking work, cool for camping but electricity rocks!
Thank you!! Im really excited! No problem, I hope you enjoy your ice cream, I know I did. The one thing I have found with mine is it is easier to make a double batch at a time versas a single batch. :)

Stefany,
Nobody should EVER have to leave the clinic with having reached GOAL and not being CONGRADULATED for all your HARD WORK and COMMITTMENT to the progam!! Wish I could give you a ticker tape parade but here are some :balloons: instead! You will find your way in the rest of the phases so don't worry about that. You will do great!!
Thank you so much, it was a little frustrating, but I am not going to let it get me down. I worked hard to be where I am at. It has taken me almost a year to get here, better late than never!!! :D

Congratulations on reaching goal, Stefany! What a great accomplishment. All your hard work has paid off. Good luck on your entry into Phase 2 and then 3. You've got this, you'll do great!
Thank you!! Your encouragement helps me :hug:
Well, we will on here! Congratulations and great job!!!!!:cp::cp::carrot:
Thanks so much!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!! That is so awesome!
Thank you :D

So I was totally trying to make it thru the threads...I got somewhere about 3/4 down the first group and then said, nope can't do it, too flipping tired. My eyes are crossing as I write this.

Today, was long. In a good way. But still, it was long. My husband I were up at 7:00 this morning (oh wait, that was me, I woke him up at 8:00). And out the door by 8:20 to meet the in laws for breakfast before a big day of riding. I grabbed a quick hot cocoa at home (wonder slim, 15g protein 4g carbs) and figured i'd get eggs at the restaurant. We get there, and low and behold they have "lighter appetites" omelets. Just meat and egg, that's it, no hash browns, i ask for a pancake so i can give it to my step mother in law (she wanted one but wouldn't order it). The service was terrible, and my omelet came out as a crispy bacon instead of sausage, and actually had SLICES of American cheese on it. SLICES! I also was given a whomping order of has browns and toast instead of the pancake i asked for. The waitressed blamed the cook for not reading her notes, and I asked if they didn't see the sausage either, she said "no ma'am, i thought you said crispy bacon". . . Now, My hearing may not be the greatest, but how in the **** does one confuse "Sausage" with "Crispy Bacon"? Anyways, I eat the eggs and cheese of the omelet, leave the bacon, hash browns, and toast, drink my water and coffee with splenda (brought my own, glad i did) and got ready to leave.

We end up at this BEAUTIFUL house full of people, all my parents' age, and these people put us to shame. Full bar, food, pictures, prizes, you name it, they had it. We rode for a total of 150 miles today, stopping at 5 "pit stops" that were for the bar crawl. By the time me and the husband left, they were pretty well sloshed. BUT they were doing better than us as far as being tired goes. So I will never again say "old people have no endurance" because they kicked my *** all over the county today, so kudos to them.

I'm down again today, expecting a gain tomorrow due to muscle gain and probably pretty severe water retention, but hopefully will have a big loss again on monday (weigh in day).

I'm off to pass out now, good night all!
That sound like a busy but fun day! I get really frustrated in restaraunts sometimes too. Was this a motorcycle club tour or something??

Stefany;

Pat
LOL Pat, yep we are pretty far north, but not the farthest!! It is Christmas time here all year round though, lol just travel down our main street, the light poles are painted like candy canes :P
I have a long commute as well and that is part of the problem, not scarfing food down once I finally get home. I have saved vegetables from lunch in the past to tide me over, but sometimes that just isnt enough.
Who knew fruit would impact someone so much, Im glad you were able to recognize that and come back down. :)
Thank you for sharing your food schedule and tips with me, this is really helpful since it sounds like you have the same kind of schedule that I do! I am putting in for a job that opened up in a different department soon. I will be going sideways not up as the position is the same level and title. I would have a LOT less interaction with the public and the staff members that I help will be greatly reduced as well. I am even familiar with their soft ledger formatting. I am excited and nervous all at the same time! :P

Hello! Today is my day one and I'm struggling with the veggies. I am trying not to be too hard on myself, but I'm very worried I'll fail this just like the past attempts to lose. One step at a time, that's what I'm focused on. Dinner is coming up, time to see what happens. I'm hopeful that my story will be similar to those of you on this board that I see succeeding. :-)
Do you like soup? You can use some chicken broth with ginger, garlic, salt, pepper, and veggies to make a nice soup. You can even add chicken, egg whites or miracle noodles to make it more filling.
I also like to take raw red bell peppers and snack on them, I like the sweetness and the crunch.
You could also try blending spinach into a shake, those are really yummy.
Dont forget rhubarb is a veggie, I take rhubarb WF strawberry and regular pancake syrup along with a generous amount of all spice and cook the rhubarb until it loses its shape. Let it cool in the fridge for a while and voila it isnt so tart anymore. YUM! :)

I have a couple of questions, and an experience...
First off yesterday was a special day I spend with 2 of my best friends twice a year. We watch a favorite show of ours from 8 am - 11pm (I bring my work with me) The day typically consists of bagels in the morning, sanwhiches and chips for lunch and usually some wonderful comfort food for dinner, with pie ice cream, candy and drinks throughout the day...so yesterday, I did bring the bagels and cream cheese (my traditional assignment) but I did not have any, and my friends made grilled vegetables and grilled chicken for lunch, putting the onions on the side for me, and we had grilled steaks and veggies for dinner. They still had their ice cream, candy and drinks...but I stayed 100% on program (except for 5 pieces of Extra gum). I cannot thank my friends enough for being so supportive! And proud of myself for staying OP!
Now my questions, the last few days I have felt terrible, like I am in a cloud and cannot think clearly. I had not been taking the vitamins, as most multi vitamins typically make me feel sick to my stomach. I went to Costco today and got the Ecodrink Complete Multivitamin, I am feeling better this evening, but am curious if anyone else feels really weird or not so sharp when they are on this program. I had heard that I will have clarity...when does that happen? One friend says I am feeling out of sorts because my body is detoxing. Thoughts? Could it be the lack of supplements? I am going to monitor things now that i have the liquid vitamin hopefully that will help. Also other than gum I have been 100% OP and feel as though I am gaining this week and not losing...sigh...that would be horrible...I am drinking the water and am in week 4 with Monday being my week 4 weigh in....any ideas??
Blue Jewel
I do know what you mean about the fog. It comes and goes, I find that the more stringent I am about making sure I get all my oils and salt the better it is. I also found that I wasnt getting enough omega 3, 6 & 9 and when I upped it I felt better. I also started taking ginko biloba and I have noticed a marked improvment.

foxxybrown
07-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone!! I know it has bee a while since i have been on here, but I have been pretty busy. I'm unfortunately no longer doing IP, but doing a low carb option for myself. Why? Because I began getting very bad headaches from the sucralose and had to stop the packets. Then I did the research on the effects, and decided it was best for me to stop all artificial sweeteners except from Stevia. I have been steadily losing, and at least this way I can have more real foods and still lose and be in ketosis. I use the myfitness pal to make sure my carbs are low and protein is adequate. I also have begun instructing exercise classes, so I have a high carb day on those days. I have still been losing even with the high carb days and feeling even better off the packets!

I'm doing very well. I'm beginning my own Health Coaching Business as well and I'm .5 pounds from One-derland!!! My mother just came in last night and she continued to call me skinny and wants to hire me to coach her!! I tried on my prom dress for her and she was shocked at how big it was on me! This has truly been a happy time for me. I just wanted to know, since I'm not doing the packets and doing more low carb options, can I still post and chat with you guys? Hoping everyone has a lovely day! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

WingnutandMe
07-15-2012, 09:25 AM

Blue Jewel

Hi Blue Jewel,
I had the same experience after I stopped my supplements for a few weeks. I have been a supplement taker for years, but had some issues and stopped for a few weeks. I realized things had slowly digressed to what you described. I immediately got back on them and haven't had that problem since. Someone else also mentioned salt and oil. That can have an effect on the electrolytes and body chemistry like the supplements. The way this diet is designed, there is little room for change (leaving something out or adding things that shouldn't be there). Hope you don't have that feeling again. I know it's not fun. Good luck.

Had my weigh-in after three weeks. Lost 6.4 pounds. Still sticking with my 2+ lb a week average. Being post menopausal and 63, I'm thrilled with being able to average 2 lbs. Plus, I'm now feeling like onederland is more than a pin prick of light on the horizon.

Have a great day and stay OP.
Molly

Samba
07-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Molly- great job on sticking with it! You will see onderland and in the larger scheme of things the time it takes will not matter much. I am a slow loser also. But, the changes are so worth the time!! Good on you, girl!!

Last night I watched "The Men Who Made Us Fat". Super good documentary by the BBC. If you search Youtube, you can find the parts of the two episodes. Really great presentation showing what we are up against in trying to be slim and healthy.

We face several hot days coming up. Wow, a scorching drought summer has been tough for me and the dogs! Farmers market has been pretty good though crops suffering. I am enjoying the fresh veggies! Squash and okra for me today!

LizRR
07-15-2012, 10:14 AM
I see a lot of you throwing a handful of spinach into your shakes and saying you can't taste it but the fiber is more filling. It took me 6 weeks, but I finally decided to try it.

I use a magic bullet for my shakes and it works great. But when adding the spinach I couldn't get the spinach to "disappear". It is true that I couldn't taste the spinach, but I had lots of green floaties and I had to kind of chew.

I use my big cuisinart blender, throw in my spinach, sweetener/cinnamon, and 2 cups cold liquid (I use coffee, but water or herbal tea would work), then I blend on high for 2+ minutes, then I add in my IP (be it rtd or drink/pudding mix) and blend for 20 seconds. I pour it over ice, but you could also add in ice during blend for smoothie/slushy consistency. I don't have a magic bullet, but I think preblending the spinach with extra liquid is the key.

That's what happened to me too GrandmaKiss!! I was totally put off by the color and texture!! After a few sips the whole thing got chucked down the drain! LOL! Just not my deal, others love them!!

Lol, I do drink it in a covered insulated mug because coffee, chocolate, and spinach - while delicious - isn't the most appetizing color!

Congratulations Lizzrr
I have to ask you...so it says you joined March 2012, is that when you started the program too, or just when you joined 3fatchicks?...

I officially started IP on Feb 28, 2012. I didn't find 3fc until ~2 weeks on the program, which was perfect timing because I sooooo needed the recipes and meal ideas after 'powering through'. I love this forum, I think the people, support, ideas, advice, and 'brainstorming' through strategies are invaluable. Honestly, I don't think I would have made it this far without everyone here so THANK YOU IPEEPS! 64lb in 4.5 months!

CarCamMom
07-15-2012, 10:19 AM
What awesome, inspiring posts this morning! You guys get me in a good mood every morning! We are off to go camping until Wednesday. I believe I am bringing enough food for the entire campground. My mom is coming along and she is also OP so we will be there for each other. Wish me luck! I WI in Wednesday morning when we return. Whew! It will be a test, but I'm pretty sure I will be just fine. :dizzy: Have a great day!

Missdee18
07-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Good morning. Will have a major test today. Going to a baby shower. Having IP drink this morning and bringing a bar with me. Determined to follow program 100%. Wish me luck.

Samba
07-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Good morning. Will have a major test today. Going to a baby shower. Having IP drink this morning and bringing a bar with me. Determined to follow program 100%. Wish me luck.

You can do it! A baby shower won't last forever and eating off plan at it would be such a waste of your effort and not good for you either. When I go places, I refuse to,do harm to myself with the foods there. I always try to think kindly of my sleeping pancreas and my body happily functioning in ketosis. No little party can get in the way of the great things going on!! You can do this and be proud of your resolve!! Go celebrate the new baby though!!:carrot:

usmcvet
07-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Hey vet. What's your fav Quest bar flavor? I like the peanut butter Pure Protein bars and I knew you liked those as well. What should I try for Quest? I have to order them online. Thanks!!!

Well all I've tried are peanut butter and jelly and the peanut butter supreme. They are both great. I might order the combo pack next time to try. They're more than the pure Protien bars but worth it. I still have 3 or 4 boxes of the pure protein bars so I'm not in a big rush to order.

Liz congratulations on Goal and size two, that is Tiny, awesome work.

Stef thanks for the double batch tip. Having some pre made will be nice. I cav some small Tupperware type containers I will use.

usmcvet
07-15-2012, 10:54 AM

Bring extra packets with you.

Foxy good luck, you can do it!

BLUEJEWEL
07-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Stefany: Thank you for the remarks. I know I use the salt and oil, but I have not been measuring, maybe I need to start doing that.

Molly:I am sorry that you have felt this way too, but not, if you know what I mean. That helps me know that I can changes something so I dont keep feeling this way. I usually take a lot of supplements (Calcium, Mag, glucosimine, vit c and fish oil) when I am training for a marathon, but I haven't been doing that so I stopped. i will take the ecodrink and my other supplements and see if that helps. I definitely felt better last night after my first vitamin drink.

LizRRWOW that is incredible success, I am going to write down your schedule and see how best i can imitate it. And I agree these boards can make all the difference!

I have 4 friends who are starting IP tomorrow. I have put these boards as a must have on their list of what they need to succeed. I have to say I am just finishing week 4, and had been doing fine without digging deeper into food options and the lables research etc, but I have definitely hit that point. So off to read me some lables and get some ideas. I defiinitely want to make the rhubarb fries!
Happy Sunday!

locopollo
07-15-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm only caught up to page 4. :o Went shopping with my mom yesterday, and when I got home there was a party in my backyard. It was fun, just unexpected. Made a big salad and put some meat on the grill for dinner. Stayed up too late.

Now I am off to play golf. :D

I made "ice cream" last night. It was good!

Stefany, your new pictures are fabulous!:carrot:

julied31
07-15-2012, 11:25 AM
WI #6 today - another 3.2 lost, which after last week of nothing lost, is great for me. I'm almost half way, and I'm in the 100's!!! WOO HOO!!!

I made kale chips last night - LOVED them!!! I finally bought a pump sprayer thing for my oil yesterday. I think that will be my new best friend! I have to go buy more veggies today. That's been the hardest thing for me, is getting all my veggies in daily.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. And staying cool....it's really hot here in Wisconsin, not sure how the rest of the country is.

Bellamack
07-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Good morning,

Overcast in upstate NY, hope it rains, we desparately need it!

Kayaked yesterday on Keuka Lake, beautiful lake and the weather was perfect!

Weigh - In this morning and down 2.8 lbs. :)

Congrats to making goal to LisRR!
Keep up the good work peeps~

WingnutandMe
07-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Need advice.

I use a magic bullet for my shakes and it works great. But when addint the spinach I couldn't get the spinach to "disappear". It is true that I couldn't taste the spinach, but I had lots of green floaties and I had to kind of chew.

I wanted to also comment on your spinach dilemma. I have discovered that not all blenders are created equal. Some puree a lot better than others. I have a Ninja pulse blender (not the "fancy" Ninja models others talk about on here) and then a 50 year old Waring blender than was my mom's. The Ninja does about what you describe, so if I'm adding spinach, I use the Waring to liquify the water and spinach (use the procedure LizRR talked about). But then, since the Ninja does a better job with the ice, I pour the "spinach water" into the Ninja and finish off my shake. I have an Oster blender up at our cottage and it does the puree thing much better with both the spinach and ice than either of the appliances at home.

One last thing, not all spinach is created equal. There is spinach and then baby spinach. The baby spinach seems to puree better. Also, I've seen where some other posters have recommended removing the stems. I don't, but occasionally notice "spinach shreds."

Hope this helps as this is such a great way to get in veggies.

Molly

usmcvet
07-15-2012, 12:29 PM
WI #6 today - another 3.2 lost, which after last week of nothing lost, is great for me. I'm almost half way, and I'm in the 100's!!! WOO HOO!!!

I made kale chips last night - LOVED them!!! I finally bought a pump sprayer thing for my oil yesterday. I think that will be my new best friend! I have to go buy more veggies today. That's been the hardest thing for me, is getting all my veggies in daily.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. And staying cool....it's really hot here in Wisconsin, not sure how the rest of the country is.
Onderland. Sweet!

usmcvet
07-15-2012, 12:46 PM
So i have the: Hamilton Beach Half Pint Soft Serve Ice Cream Maker
by*Hamilton Beach in my cart on Amazon but I wanted to ask if any of you have used one first.

I like that it is small and only takes ten min.

yowzer
07-15-2012, 01:16 PM

Just hang in there. Give it a chance. I am in my 4th week and am just going with the flow. Somewhere along the line, I have just stopped obsessing about food and when it's time for a drink, veggies, protein etc...I just do it. It's actually a very freeing experience...Just let all that bad brain talk go...You can do this:carrot:

yowzer
07-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Onderland. Sweet!

I guess I'm going to have to try the Kale chips, I read a lot about people liking them....Vermont, my neighbor's mom lives in Wisconsin and says the same thing...hot, hot, hot. I'm in Washington state and I am happy to say that Summer has finally arrived.

Lynnie63
07-15-2012, 01:41 PM
I just need to say try your "too small" clothes on now. I just tried a pair of capris on and they are too big! Yay, but too bad.

Just packed my lunch fot this birthday party, have an RTD shake and cukes. Just had 2 egg whites to hold me over. Actually, I find that I loose better if I have the egg whites each day.

Every one is doing so well on program! You all are so inspiring to me.

Have a great day!

athebeach
07-15-2012, 01:41 PM
I am planning to make jicama fries in the actifry. How long should I cook them?
Another hot day here in south TX. in the 90s already.

rainbowsmiles
07-15-2012, 01:42 PM
I guess I'm going to have to try the Kale chips, I read a lot about people liking them....Vermont, my neighbor's mom lives in Wisconsin and says the same thing...hot, hot, hot. I'm in Washington state and I am happy to say that Summer has finally arrived.

ooooh TRY THEM!!!

the first time i made them....i felt like i was eating autumn leaves that were still green!! haha i dont like kale!! cooked like greens. but i made them again....and i liked them a little better. now, 11 weeks later, they are one of my favorites!!!! FAVORITES!!!!!!! it still amazes me that i get to count them as my veggies as they just seem toooo good to be that!! salty, crispy goodness!!!! I LOVE KALE CHIPS!!!!!!!:carrot::carrot:

TRY THEM AT LEAST 2-3 TIMES before you make a final decision!!

if i had not made them the 2nd and 3rd time i might not be eating them now...as i type! hahaha

ChaloJ
07-15-2012, 01:44 PM

You must be on the east side, then, because it looks like early spring again today, on the west side anyway. :( I'm ready for some serious sun!

Hi all. I'm feelng a bit discouraged because I can't seem to get into the 100's. I've been on plan, but I seem to be a bit stalled. I'm totally thrilled with my loss of 66 pounds in 4 months, but it's still only halfway for me. I weigh in tomorrow. I hope to nevereverever see a 2 at the beginning of my weight again.

So, what veggies are the most diuretic? I think I might be retaining water from going out to eat the other day. (By the way, I found that Anthony's Home Port made it relatively easy to stay OP.) I just think I will be so discouraged tomorrow if I do not make it to onederland. I've been hoping to be there for 3 weeks!

I think this mope-y girl should go for a walk or turn on some http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzQddXNylIo&feature=fvst and get moving!

yowzer
07-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Actually live on the west side, but Hey, even though we've had some rain, thunder showers, at least it's warm...sigh, these clouds will burn off this afternoon.

On another subject, I have yo-yo dieted for millions of years. So, yes I have lost weight. But with IP, even though I am only down 14 lbs. It feels like a lot more compared to other times I have lost. I am fitting into clothes that I would only fit into at maybe 25 lb loss...whad up???

cupcakecathy
07-15-2012, 01:53 PM
I am only 2 lbs away from the "100"s" and can't wait for that. All of a sudden my pants are way to big, time to go to the closet looking for the next size down. Maybe a trip to local consignment shops tomorrow. I am hoping to be in a size 12 by early fall, now in a tight 14 very loose 16. Lov this progam.

yowzer
07-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Do I have to copy and paste the weight ticker everytime? ...or is there a way to make it permanent?

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps/slider-pig/lb/240/160/225/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

ChaloJ
07-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Actually live on the west side, but Hey, even though we've had some rain, thunder showers, at least it's warm...sigh, these clouds will burn off this afternoon.

On another subject, I have yo-yo dieted for millions of years. So, yes I have lost weight. But with IP, even though I am only down 14 lbs. It feels like a lot more compared to other times I have lost. I am fitting into clothes that I would only fit into at maybe 25 lb loss...whad up???

You are right. I shouldn't complain; I think my mood is a bit off this morning!

I can't believe how great this weight loss is. I reallyreallyreally can't believe that I can stop shopping in the "women's" section. There is so much more selection in the regular sizes!

Meagan240
07-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Do I have to copy and paste the weight ticker everytime? ...or is there a way to make it permanent?

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps/slider-pig/lb/240/160/225/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

You get a permanent ticker after twenty days of being a member (and twenty posts, but you have that covered.)

jennlnige
07-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Just hang in there. Give it a chance. I am in my 4th week and am just going with the flow. Somewhere along the line, I have just stopped obsessing about food and when it's time for a drink, veggies, protein etc...I just do it. It's actually a very freeing experience...Just let all that bad brain talk go...You can do this:carrot:

I'm glad you said that, I'm on day 5 and that is what I'm working on doing, just going with it. IP has by far been the easiest plan I have ever done, and I have done a lot!! :) I have really only felt hungier pains a couple of times, and that was close to time to eat. It is nice not to sit and look at the clock counting down til time to eat. :D

Diana B
07-15-2012, 03:18 PM
You must be on the east side, then, because it looks like early spring again today, on the west side anyway. :( I'm ready for some serious sun!

Hi all. I'm feelng a bit discouraged because I can't seem to get into the 100's. I've been on plan, but I seem to be a bit stalled. I'm totally thrilled with my loss of 66 pounds in 4 months, but it's still only halfway for me. I weigh in tomorrow. I hope to nevereverever see a 2 at the beginning of my weight again.

So, what veggies are the most diuretic? I think I might be retaining water from going out to eat the other day. (By the way, I found that Anthony's Home Port made it relatively easy to stay OP.) I just think I will be so discouraged tomorrow if I do not make it to onederland. I've been hoping to be there for 3 weeks!

I think this mope-y girl should go for a walk or turn on some http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzQddXNylIo&feature=fvst and get moving!

I Hear you on ONEderland....I weigh in on Tuesday and am hoping to see a "1" as the first number for the first time in a lot of years :dizzy:, I'm weighing in every two weeks for now so we'll see....and I'm waiting for some consistent summer here in Western Washington also...:?:, good luck on weigh in tomorrow :carrot:

Samba
07-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Oh,oh..I too learned to love those wispy crispy kale chips! A bit of salt and I feel like I am eating a chip snack now. Plus, they are so good for you.

Salad is chilling in the fridge for lunch. I need to cut up some okra. I have gotten used to it cooked in a skillet with a bit of oil until crispy. I first thought I couldn't do it minus that traditional breading on it. But, now it is yummy to me.

We got the lawn mowed and are now hunkered down inside through the heat of the day. Doggers all sleeping. I am trying to grow hair on my show dog in this heat. She is in the air conditioning with a fan on her too. I hope it works!

lcmd09
07-15-2012, 03:37 PM

Hi! I'm new too, on day #4, and veggies are definitely hard, even though I like them more than lots of people. On my day#1, I tried to eat 2 cups of sliced raw red bell pepper....never again! LOL. It tasted a little better mixed in with my leek soup packet, even though it was raw. But mushrooms are on the list, and I typically saute them with olive oil spray, sea salt, poultry seasoning, and apple cider vinegar. Grilled asparagus is really tasty too, and you can saute the spinach with garlic, olives oil, a little water, sea salt, and pepper too if you need another idea. Because 4 cups raw veggies a day is a bit much to get used to, and I like warm meals! But good luck to you, and don't get discouraged. Day #1 was the hardest for me so far...spent the day in a caffeine withdrawal stupor LOL. And remember, as you're losing the weight, you'll be thanking those veggies :carrot:

vovo
07-15-2012, 04:40 PM
...even though I am only down 14 lbs. It feels like a lot more compared to other times I have lost. I am fitting into clothes that I would only fit into at maybe 25 lb loss...whad up???

I agree with you - on this! I'm guessing (for me) it's because of the loss of fat and not muscle - when I counted calories a few years ago, it felt like it took me forever to drop a size. I'm only down 11 lbs, but some of my clothes alrady fit infinitely better (blouses are looser around the chest, my skinny jeans are less suffocating, etc..).

Hgamroth
07-15-2012, 05:23 PM
I just need to say try your "too small" clothes on now. I just tried a pair of capris on and they are too big! Yay, but too bad.

Just packed my lunch fot this birthday party, have an RTD shake and cukes. Just had 2 egg whites to hold me over. Actually, I find that I loose better if I have the egg whites each day.

Have a great day!

Have fun at your party! I found that I lost better eating egg whites too! I have started eating 2 egg whites with grn peppers and mushrooms as soon as I get up in morning (6:30) and then eating my 1st IP packet at 9 at work. I stopped for a while thinking maybe I would lose more but my losses became smaller. I started back on egg whites and losses are going back up. I think I am needing more protein because I am so busy with my kids during the day.

vovo
07-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Aaargh....the Sunday cleaning crew threw my lunch away. Usually, they throw everything out of the fridge after 6, but not today!!

*sigh* Bye bye chocolate RTD.....

BLUEJEWEL
07-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Have fun at your party! I found that I lost better eating egg whites too! I have started eating 2 egg whites with grn peppers and mushrooms as soon as I get up in morning (6:30) and then eating my 1st IP packet at 9 at work. I stopped for a while thinking maybe I would lose more but my losses became smaller. I started back on egg whites and losses are going back up. I think I am needing more protein because I am so busy with my kids during the day.

there must be something to the egg white thing, I have noticed the same thing. I have had eggs two times so far (I have only been on this 4 weeks) but both times that I had the eggs, the next day I had a significant drop the next day. I a glad you posted this, I thought it was mu imagination

Lynnie63
07-15-2012, 07:50 PM

I've been having egg whites as my mid-Morning snack. I ave my 1st shake at 7 and then around 10:30 I get hungry so I have my egg whites, and lunch around noon.

usmcvet
07-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Aaargh....the Sunday cleaning crew threw my lunch away. Usually, they throw everything out of the fridge after 6, but not today!!

That sucks.

Blueskywyoming
07-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Really enjoying reading all the posts and learning a lot. I am a newbie and first post. I am so impressed with IP diet. Unbelievable 11 lb weight loss in two weeks.

WingnutandMe
07-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Really enjoying reading all the posts and learning a lot. I am a newbie and first post. I am so impressed with IP diet. Unbelievable 11 lb weight loss in two weeks.

:welcome:
We're glad you found this forum. It will help you with your journey. Please get addicted to it and read it every day and please don't be afraid to ask questions, vent when needed, and enjoy.

Sounds like your weight loss is working for you.

Molly

patns
07-15-2012, 08:15 PM

Have a great day!

My coach said that the two egg whites should not be considered an "extra" but a necessity.

She said they were an excellent souce of protein with no fat or carbs. This makes the proram much easier with all the things you can do with the packets if you use egg whites.

I hope the party was fun.

patns
07-15-2012, 08:20 PM

Oh no!!! That is awful. I would sit down and cry!!!

bttrhalf
07-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Happy Birthday KathrynRose, mine is on Tuesday.

I"ll be having Strawberry Angel Food Cake to celebrate

Recipe

2 egg whites
a pinch of cream of tartar
1 tsp splenda (optional)
1 IP pudding packet, I use strawberry
1/2 c water
1/2 tsp strawberry or other extract.

Preheat oven to 350 and Grease 6 inch pan. Beat egg whites, tartar and splenda until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl AFTER the whites are beaten, mix pudding packet, water and extract. Work quickly to fold the pudding into the egg whites before the pudding sets. Plop (too thick to pour) into pan and smooth top.

Bake for 25 minutes, it will puff and look gorgeous, but then fall and look disappointing. It will stay about 1 inch thick and have the texture of angel food cake. I like to top with WF strawberry syrup.

Makes 1 ENORMOUS serving. Yum. Yum.

this sound amazing going to try it soon.:hug:

joysh
07-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Hi! I'm new too, on day #4, and veggies are definitely hard, even though I like them more than lots of people. On my day#1, I tried to eat 2 cups of sliced raw red bell pepper....never again! LOL. It tasted a little better mixed in with my leek soup packet, even though it was raw. But mushrooms are on the list, and I typically saute them with olive oil spray, sea salt, poultry seasoning, and apple cider vinegar. Because 4 cups raw veggies a day is a bit much to get used to, and I like warm meals!:carrot:

Hi lcm! I dice red and green peppers small and saute them with the mushrooms and fresh garlic, s & p. Then I put that into the soups. It's great in the leek soup, the chicken soup, and even in the broc cheese soup (without the mushrooms). Warm meals are good. They really fill you up.

Ahhh! :?:

Just wanted to say hi to everyone! My WI #5 is tomorrow! :wave:

mompattie
07-15-2012, 09:08 PM
:welcome:
We're glad you found this forum. It will help you with your journey. Please get addicted to it and read it every day and please don't be afraid to ask questions, vent when needed, and enjoy.

Sounds like your weight loss is working for you.

Molly

Hi Molly!! I just wanted to tell you I think you are amazing!!! You have been such a source of inspiration and I look forward to your helpful posts!!! Your success shows us all what commitment and making the right choices are all about!!! I think you are doing an amazing job!!!

fam4me
07-15-2012, 09:19 PM

Welcome! I think one of the keys is to be willing to try things you haven't before. I had never had turnips and they have become a new favorite. Also, raw beggies with a dressing made from EVOO, vinegar and splenda gives them a refreshing twist. I think I eat 2 cauliflower heads a week this way. Also, given a little time, your tastes will change. Hang in there....it's a wonderful program and works if you stick to it.

paulimapi
07-15-2012, 11:37 PM
Ugh no. So I kinda cheated. It wasn't like a carb binge or anything but I definitely ate more than I should have this weekend. I had cheese, a lot of egg whites, some butter and the worst is a pretty big amount of almonds. For some reason I thought they were a lot lower in carbs but now I realize today was terrible. The old me just got out there for a moment and I could not stop eating, like literally, I couldn't, I probably had over a cup of shaved almonds of more, which is like 30 carbs :( AND I had a 4th packet. I barely had any meat though, just a few pieces of fish and I didn't have veggies at all today. What a mess. I think I'm still under 100g of carbs today, at least, which I think might not make me gain, or at least not much.

I'm not going to weigh in tomorrow because I know it'll only make things worse since it'll kill me if I gained. I'll wait until next Monday and this week I'm being completely 100% OP, no excuses. I need to be at 118 by next Monday and if I'm strict enough I can do it.

Please don't judge me, I know I shouldn't have done this and it's killing me. But I need to move forward and keep a positive attitude or I won't lose the rest of this weight.

:stress:

At least I restrained myself since usually when I cheat on a diet, I end up saying, "ugh whatever I'll just ruin the rest of the day and start fresh tomorrow" and this time while I did eat badly, I could be eating the rest of what's in the kitchen right now, as it usually would be. I'd be eating bread, cookies, pasta, etc and I'm not even considering it. The idea is scary to me.

GGee
07-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Ugh no. So I kinda cheated. It wasn't like a carb binge or anything but I definitely ate more than I should have this weekend. I had cheese, a lot of egg whites, some butter and the worst is a pretty big amount of almonds. For some reason I thought they were a lot lower in carbs but now I realize today was terrible. The old me just got out there for a moment and I could not stop eating, like literally, I couldn't, I probably had over a cup of shaved almonds of more, which is like 30 carbs :( AND I had a 4th packet. I barely had any meat though, just a few pieces of fish and I didn't have veggies at all today. What a mess. I think I'm still under 100g of carbs today, at least, which I think might not make me gain, or at least not much.

I'm not going to weigh in tomorrow because I know it'll only make things worse since it'll kill me if I gained. I'll wait until next Monday and this week I'm being completely 100% OP, no excuses. I need to be at 118 by next Monday and if I'm strict enough I can do it.

Please don't judge me, I know I shouldn't have done this and it's killing me. But I need to move forward and keep a positive attitude or I won't lose the rest of this weight.

At least I restrained myself since usually when I cheat on a diet, I end up saying, "ugh whatever I'll just ruin the rest of the day and start fresh tomorrow" and this time while I did eat badly, I could be eating the rest of what's in the kitchen right now, as it usually would be. I'd be eating bread, cookies, pasta, etc and I'm not even considering it. The idea is scary to me.

It is very difficult to stay on a diet. We are human and we all make mistakes. It is good that you didn't go "sugar crazy" and eat lots of junk. Just take it day by day. I have my TOM, out of sequence, and I am all hormonal. I went to the movies yesterday with the kids and didn't cheat and eat ANY popcorn. BUT today my daughter made kettle corn and I CHEATED! Popcorn is my kryptonite. It makes me very weak!

SO we must move on, forgive ourselves and start anew. Hopefully we didn't go to far backwards.

paulimapi
07-15-2012, 11:47 PM
It is very difficult to stay on a diet. We are human and we all make mistakes. It is good that you didn't go "sugar crazy" and eat lots of junk. Just take it day by day. I have my TOM, out of sequence, and I am all hormonal. I went to the movies yesterday with the kids and didn't cheat and eat ANY popcorn. BUT today my daughter made kettle corn and I CHEATED! Popcorn is my kryptonite. It makes me very weak!

SO we must move on, forgive ourselves and start anew. Hopefully we didn't go to far backwards.

Agh I know. It's been a lot easier than at the beggining but it's still hard. It's good that you didn't have any popcorn at the movies, though!
Yes, we must move on. I think that's the key. When I cheat, I end up ruining everything most of the time, and that's the biggest issue. If we just get back on track right away then we'll be fine. :)

Beck81
07-15-2012, 11:51 PM

Just forgive yourself Pauli and get back to 100% OP. You have done well and you can do it! :hug::hug:

paulimapi
07-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Just forgive yourself Pauli and get back to 100% OP. You have done well and you can do it! :hug::hug:

Thank you, sweetie. These kind of words can really help a lot :hug:

Beck81
07-16-2012, 12:15 AM
by*Hamilton Beach in my cart on Amazon but I wanted to ask if any of you have used one first.

I seen this ice cream maker at Target today and was close to buying it! It looked like a good size for our packet creations. The reviews are mixed but the ones that like it, really do. I have a scale in my Amazon cart and I'm considering adding this too. Good luck deciding!

Porthardygurl
07-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Good Evening all..just checkin in to stay accountable. I notice when i completely stop posting altogether then i end up going off which is why ive been checking in every day. Its been busy out here...lots of nice sunny weather which is not normal for us ..so im enjoying every minute i can outside at the beach!!

Just wanted to stop by and say hello!

Blueskywyoming
07-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Have my WI#3 tomorrow. Can hardly wait. I found that I do better by only getting on the scales one time per week. My husband says that my outllook on life has really changed since I started to lose weight. Feel empowered. Have a great week!

mooselover
07-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Stephany.
Congratulations!!! Sorry about the coach. Wish you had Julie.

mightbe
07-16-2012, 02:11 AM
My neighbor brought me a couple of eggplant fresh from her greenhouse. The only way I have ever had eggplant is breaded and fried....not gonna happen! I need ideas for how to make these yummy, please! :chef:

Halfagain
07-16-2012, 04:28 AM
Pssh... forgot to mention we went out and ate - and I found some great alternatives.. used Salsa instead of dressing, yada yada... I think i'm getting this plan down, or at least finding good work arounds in a pinch :) the fog is lifting, finally.

We went shopping at the super Walmart today. I stocked up on veggies, and looked for WF products (which were sparse - but there). I got turnips and kale amongst other items. I found raw turnips last week were a bit bitter, but cooked in with other veggies were delightful.

I tried making kale chips tonight - and I ate quite a few testing - just to be sure what I thought of them. Since I ate so many "testing" it must be a thumbs up - but I had to laugh because it reminded me of how farmers sometimes put molasses and salt on hay to inspire cattle to eat it. I put a little olive oil and salt on mine. lol sorry for that story - but it is what came to mind.. I do recommend you try kale chips if you haven't. DH gave them a big thumbs down, but hay..err, hey what does he know? (more for me bwahahaha)

I got a few stalks of ruhbarb and i have ny cheesecake pudding packets maybe I can do something with that combo next week.

Ordered the WF mayo I kept searching for - and some other items. At last I can stop looking now, they are ordered.

Barb

Stefany1769
07-16-2012, 05:20 AM
Good morning everyone!! I know it has bee a while since i have been on here, but I have been pretty busy. I'm unfortunately no longer doing IP, but doing a low carb option for myself. Why? Because I began getting very bad headaches from the sucralose and had to stop the packets. Then I did the research on the effects, and decided it was best for me to stop all artificial sweeteners except from Stevia. I have been steadily losing, and at least this way I can have more real foods and still lose and be in ketosis. I use the myfitness pal to make sure my carbs are low and protein is adequate. I also have begun instructing exercise classes, so I have a high carb day on those days. I have still been losing even with the high carb days and feeling even better off the packets!

I'm doing very well. I'm beginning my own Health Coaching Business as well and I'm .5 pounds from One-derland!!! My mother just came in last night and she continued to call me skinny and wants to hire me to coach her!! I tried on my prom dress for her and she was shocked at how big it was on me! This has truly been a happy time for me. I just wanted to know, since I'm not doing the packets and doing more low carb options, can I still post and chat with you guys? Hoping everyone has a lovely day! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
Its a bummer that you had to stop using IP, but Im really happy that you didnt let it break your stride!! Way to stick with it :hug:

I'm only caught up to page 4. :o Went shopping with my mom yesterday, and when I got home there was a party in my backyard. It was fun, just unexpected. Made a big salad and put some meat on the grill for dinner. Stayed up too late.

Now I am off to play golf. :D

I made "ice cream" last night. It was good!

Stefany, your new pictures are fabulous!:carrot:
The ice cream is good!!! :D
Thank you so much!! We went out for dinner and a show and had a lot of fun

WOOO HOOO You are such a loser!! ;)
I love my misto too, I bought a second one so one has EVOO and the other has grape seed oil in it. :)

Good morning,

Overcast in upstate NY, hope it rains, we desparately need it!

Kayaked yesterday on Keuka Lake, beautiful lake and the weather was perfect!

Weigh - In this morning and down 2.8 lbs. :)

Congrats to making goal to LisRR!
Keep up the good work peeps~
great WI!!! :D

I have a quisinart and I love mine! Maybe check out that brand too. :)

Just get right back on the horse and keep going :hug:

Stephany.
Congratulations!!! Sorry about the coach. Wish you had Julie.
Thank you!!! Me too, she emailed me about my gaining body fat percentage which was good because I didnt understand that.