Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #1  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default IP Daily Chat Saturday & Sunday July 14 & 15

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 07-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Slackers, its 10:35!

Just had my first Saturday WI down 9 in 2 weeks I'm now at 354.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #3  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Ha ha! Just sitting here with the kids drinking my coffee while they watch Mickey. Not going to get his voice out of my head today.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats usmcvet!

I just finished making a gigantic tossed salad with tons of veggies and got chicken ready for the grill later. We are off to a friend's place on beautiful Keuka Lake in upstate NY. Got to practice flipping my kayak and getting back in it. lol. so far, it hasn't happened. the getting back in part, I do flip it and have to swim it in. ha ha ha. Have a great day IPeeps
Old 07-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Getting better at eating away from my home...went to a potluck last night, hard to avoid the yummy salads, potatoes, etc. But I ate my fresh salad and ham, drank water and felt great this AM!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #6  
Start IP (again) 7/31/13

S/C/G: 231.2/224.4/131

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning. Waiting on all 3 kids to get up so we can start the day of probably just cleaning and laundry. They should be thrilled, well at least the older two will be, my 15 month old will just do his part to make it messy again

This is day 4, and I have been doing great!!

My question is how long does it normally take to get into ketosis? I still don't think my body has figured out what I'm doing yet.
I know I shouldn't get on the scale, but for 3 days I have lost 3.4, which is good, but I honestly was hoping for a 8-12 for my first week. I need to just stay off the scale the rest of the week. My first weigh in is on Wednesday.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a very wonderful weekend!!!

-Jennifer
Old 07-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #7  
Began IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 219/189/175

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning! My 8 year-old daughter gave me some great motivation this morning as I sit here on the couch, sipping coffee, reading this forum...she says, "Mom, why is your chin hanging down?" I just smiled and said, "Hmmm, I'm working on fixing that! Tell me when you think it looks better."

One other note, last weekend one of my very good friends from college got married. I stayed completely OP the entire day except I had one glass of wine. It has taken me all week to get back on track after that one drink! Never, never again will I ever even think about cheating because it took my body 5 days to get back into ketosis. What a waste of time and money! Lesson learned! My next sip of wine will be when I'm in maintenance.

Have a great day, Everyone!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #8  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Vet - Good job. Hope you are feeling better every day
Bellamack - That made me laugh. LOL

My Mom and Sister and 17 year old DD left late last night. They arrived in Denver early this morning and are driving to Wyoming as I type this. We had a great visit while they were here. My DD is going to spend a week in Wyoming. She comes back next Friday. I sure hope she doesn't cause my Mom and trouble!!!

My husband and I are taking our newly aquired RV for an overnight camping trip today. Just close by to do a little fishing and a dip in the hot springs tonight. Have to take advantage of all the summer we can get. Hope you all have a great IP weekend.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

I had my weigh in this morning, I lost 3.8 this week. I attribute it to drinking to my thirst instead of following my clinic's arbitrary limit.

I enjoy reading everyone's posts everyday even if I don't post. Thank you for all of your support.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
I had my weigh in this morning, I lost 3.8 this week. I attribute it to drinking to my thirst instead of following my clinic's arbitrary limit.

I enjoy reading everyone's posts everyday even if I don't post. Thank you for all of your support.
Now that made me smile!!! Also reminded me to take a bottle of water out of the fridge to take on my walk today.

Pat
Old 07-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #11  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjnjj View Post
Ha ha! Just sitting here with the kids drinking my coffee while they watch Mickey. Not going to get his voice out of my head today.
Hope everyone has a great day!
M- I- C- K- E- Y, M- O- U- S- E!
MICKEY MOUSE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Congrats usmcvet!

I just finished making a gigantic tossed salad with tons of veggies and got chicken ready for the grill later. We are off to a friend's place on beautiful Keuka Lake in upstate NY. Got to practice flipping my kayak and getting back in it. lol. so far, it hasn't happened. the getting back in part, I do flip it and have to swim it in. ha ha ha. Have a great day IPeeps
That is an important skill. When I was a kid we lived on a lake, I was always out on the canoe. I used to jump off, swim and climb back in. No way I'd be able to do that today! I've kayaked once, I loved it. Once I loose some more weight I'd like to buy a kayak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2hi View Post
Good morning! Getting better at eating away from my home...went to a potluck last night, hard to avoid the yummy salads, potatoes, etc. But I ate my fresh salad and ham, drank water and felt great this AM!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Vet - Good job. Hope you are feeling better every day
I am thanks Skinny Girl. Your new photo is amazing. You must have so much more energy now. The RV sounds like fun, photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Now that made me smile!!! Also reminded me to take a bottle of water out of the fridge to take on my walk today.

Pat
Water is good. Just finished my second 40 ounce bottle.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #12  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Old 07-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

I forgot to say that tomorrow is my birthday, I hope I will have reached my goals by my next birthday.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #14  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

When I tell my friends that I've been having pancakes for breakfast, ice cream at lunch and muffins as a snack they don't understand how I'm losing weight lol
Old 07-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #15  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

I made a great snack last night. I took one cup of frozen rhubarb and microwaved until mushy, added it to my magic bullet with NY cheesecake pudding (healthsmart or any pudding would do) and heaping tsp of WF caramel dip and 4-5 oz water. Blended it until smooth and then put it in the freezer, stirring a couple times until cold and frosty and it was yummy!
Closed Thread