Old 07-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/122.4/110

Height: 5'3"

Default phasing off~

If you get to goal and phase off.......but then decide to go back on to lose maybe another 5-10 pounds......how long do you stay on phase one to reset the pancreas and all that? I realize you stay on phase one until you reach goal, but is there a MINIMUM that you should be on phase one so that phasing off is the most efficient? Can you be on phase one for just 3 weeks, and then start phasing off, or should you be on it at least a minimum of 4 weeks? I'm probably not wording this the best.....and I suppose many people do not start it just to lose 10 pounds.
laceypharmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

I don't think there is a minimum time to be in ketosis. My mom who has been in maintenance for a year now told me that part of the program is to go on phase one for a week in January. I don't think she said anything about the phasing off part though....
Stefany1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

I'm not sure if this is what you asking . . . but, I was on maintenance for nearly a year and then just went back to P1 in early June. I was on P1 for three weeks to get the extra 13 pounds off that I lost then P2 for two weeks and P3 for one week (b/c I was getting really bloated). I'm not sure why.

Now I'm in P4 again -- and haven't been there long enough to see if it really got me back on track.

Hope that helps. There are a lot of people out here with more experience than I have.
Lone Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:30 AM   #4  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Good questions. There are probably many people out there who have had great success with IP but needed to take a break from the program even though they had 10-15 pounds left to lose. Or those smart people who have noticed they've "put on a few pounds" and want to jump right back in and get back to their goal weights. I think the questions are best answered by our coaches...which means we will have many different answers. My clinic is super strict, so I think I could get the "official IP philosophy." I'll ask about this at my WI on Thursday if that isn't too late to get you at least one answer.
justbecause53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 135/122.4/110

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbecause53 View Post
Good questions. There are probably many people out there who have had great success with IP but needed to take a break from the program even though they had 10-15 pounds left to lose. Or those smart people who have noticed they've "put on a few pounds" and want to jump right back in and get back to their goal weights. I think the questions are best answered by our coaches...which means we will have many different answers. My clinic is super strict, so I think I could get the "official IP philosophy." I'll ask about this at my WI on Thursday if that isn't too late to get you at least one answer.
That would be wonderful! Thanks a everyone for your responses!
laceypharmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

I think the pancreas reset protocol is 2 weeks of P1, 2 weeks of P2 and 2 weeks of P3.
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #7  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

I will be doing this. I am on phase 3 right now for 2 weeks due to an upcoming surgery. Then I will be back on phase 1 to finish off the last 5 pounds or so. I am sure my coach will want me to do phase 2 and 3 when I reach my goal, but I am gonna ask her Phase 3 is wonderful. I could eat like this forever!!!
mooselover is offline   Reply With Quote