Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/175.3/TBD

Height: 5'2

Default Shaving question

This is a little embarrassing...but is it normal to shave your arms? I never really thought of arm hair removal, but have been noticing lately I have more (thicker) arm hair than other women. It is very light in color but I don't want people to think I have bush -arms. So do you or don't you remove your arm hair and, if you do, what have you found is the best method to do it?
straightahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #2  
Jigglypuff

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I occasionally thin out the hair on my arms with some small scissors because I have very dark hair, but I would never personally get rid of all of it because bald arms stand out just as much to me
Burg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I've shaved my arms since I was a teenager. I don't know, it's just something I do haha. I shave them just like I shave my legs.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

When I was like 12 or 13 I mentioned to my Mum that I had darker hair on my legs and arms than the other girls in class (Syrian blood) she handed me an electric razor and basically said 'go to town'.

I didn't realize until years later that most girls don't shave their arms as well as their legs, been doing it ever since. Same as ValRock, it's just part of the shower routine, same as shaving my legs.
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I shave my arms every now and then. I haven't in a while though because I've been lazy.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I don't, but I had an old boyfriend who waxed/shaved his arms.

He said it made his arms look bigger -- he was well built already and I don't think shaving the hair really made much of a difference, except give him stubble.

I don't shave, personally. I was thinking that if your hair is light, I don't think people notice....?
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #7  

ha ha I think its definitely not "normal" but I do it!

I was afraid for years because my mom always told me not to. But I am VERY HAIRY. Like I have very hairy hands and fingers even. Yes, I am a saskquatch (THANK GOODNESS FOR INTERNET ANONIMITY!!!!!)

For some reason, it wasn't until university (having been teased about it my whole life) that I decided to dig out the nair.

I naired my arms for many years scared of shaving stubble.

After a long time, I suddenly became sensitve to all dilapatory creams. So I would get a rash.

Sooooo...I shaved my arms and...NO NOTICABLE STUBBLE!

It works very well, you just have to go with the grain.

I wish I had known this when I was 13.
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5"3

I broke my arm and was in a cast for 9 weeks. When the cast was removed, I noticed how the hair had grown thick, very long and black compared to my other arm, it looked weird.
My MIL suggested I wax both of them. I loved the smoothness as well as the look. I haven't waxed again, but would definitely do it for a special occasion.
Wheresmychin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/175.3/TBD

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the info! Lol ...I am glad to learn I was not supposed to shave my arms all along. I think I might try trimming it and see how I feel with that.I think my problem is actually the length rather than thickness. And nice to know about the options for shaving/waxing too
straightahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'1

Hehe, a very cute question. I know people who shave all kinds of things, arms is one of them. I think it's normal. I know I have thick hair, in general, and will occasionally have to Nair down everything lol. It's just faster I've found and my hair doesn't come back in like weeks! But, yeah! ^_^.
RainbowWimsii87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189.4/173.8/150

Height: 6'

I had VERY dark hair, and so I have been shaving my arms now for a few years. I love it! You know when you shave your legs and then put on pants and they just feel so great! thats how it feels with arms! But i guess its just a personal opinion. When girls have hairy arms it really bugs/grosses me out. (is that mean? thats mean. whoops!)
KatieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:41 AM   #12  

Height: 5'5"

I find it very odd to shave arms and I've never done it before. Sometimes I wax my arms but usually i just use nair. Lasts a bit longer than shaving and only takes around the same amount of time.
queenie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #13  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

i've never shaved my arms because my hair is naturally really light and you can't tell.

however, i don't think it's weird if you shave your arms. i don't even think i'd notice if someone did or didn't shave their arms.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #14  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

I occasionally thin, too. My hair isn't very dark, it it is long! Eww!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I have hairy arms (as well as most of my body). It's not only a little thick but long, although it is fairly light in color. Here's my take on it - I have never had anyone make any disparaging remarks concerning my hairy arms, I already shave, wax and pluck the rest of my body hair, my arms are staying hairy. I am a human, I have hair, anyone who sees it and has a problem with it, that's their problem, not mine.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote