Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 7/13/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 7/13/12

Stefany1769
07-13-2012, 04:42 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Stefany1769
07-13-2012, 04:45 AM
Ah well, I guess I am still a newby, I didnt get the links to work the way they are supposed to. If anyone knows how please tell me and I will fix it. :)

I posted this in yesterdays chat, but I am the last of the time zones so I wasn't sure if anyone would see it. :)

So I am getting really dissapointed in myself. As some of you might have read I went to Valdez for a week (on a boat fulltime) and was battling sea sickness. I ended up eating a lot of extra protien, which hasnt given me a problem... its the restricteds!!! I ate two a day on the boat in an effort to battle the nasea and I made myself even more miserable by feeling really guilty about it.

Now that I am home I am having a hard time NOT eating two restricteds in a day. I am really struggling here.... I feel ridiculous to be this close to goal and I am letting this happen! UGH!!! Im pretty disgusted with myself right now.

So far I was able to have two days in a row that I did not give in to the second restricted. But today I caved again!!! I had found a restricted in one of my bags that I brought on the trip with me. Instead of putting it away, out of sight, I left it sitting on the bar next to where I eat dinner.... The dinner I made was really spicy, and well it went downhill from there. So mad at myself!

These are some of the things I have been doing to keep myself from having more than one:
I have not gone in to my store and resupplied since being back, I have even run out of my chocolate drinks.
I have taken all of the restricteds that I had at work brought them home. I only take one to work with me so I have no choice.
I have made sure to put them out of sight at home... out of sight, out of mind right?
I have been keeping busy. I work all day, come home and then leave a half an hour later to bring my son to football practice, I stay there with him until 8pm, I come home and make dinner and go to bed.

I know that the only thing that will really help me is my own will power, but I want to set myself up for success. What I listed above are some of the steps I have taken in order to make myself more successful. Does anyone have any suggestions, other than throwing all the restricteds out (too expensive for that), that I am not already doing?

Question: Why are nuts bad for us on this diet? Is it the natural amount of carbs in them? Or is it the fat content?

Thank you for any help or encouragement in advance. Oh and I dont think I need tough love, lol I'm already doing that enough for myself....

usmcvet
07-13-2012, 07:47 AM
You're still beautiful. Don't be to hard on yourself. You've identified an issue and you are taking care of it. I had a lame week or so too. I didn't gain but doesn't look like much of a

Loss either. I set my next Goa of 125#'s for Thursday August other that is halfway for me. I think I got to comfy once I hit my 100# goal. I wasn't using my journals either.

drakegirl
07-13-2012, 08:22 AM
It must be a running theme here this week - my WI is tomorrow and I think I'm going to have my first week of no loss - I ate out, but did ask for my food to be cooked correctly, and it's not my TOM - my home scale shows no change -frustrating, but I'm not giving up. Way to go to both of you on your losses so far!

Kaypix
07-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Stef: I'd say look at the reason for eating the restricteds, are you super hungry? Do they just taste that darned good? Filling a craving spot etc.? And if you are able to determine that you're just that hungry, I'd say replace the restricted with a non and go from there.

Regarding the nuts, I believe it is their natural fat content which is the problem, not the carbs. My MIL (Mother in Law) who did this diet told me if I "needed" a snack to get salted cashews or peanuts and eat 1/2 a serving (1 serving = 1/4 cup so basically like a tiny handful) and eat them one at a time, very slowly. I got wasabe peanuts (holy crap they're hot) so I can only eat literally 2-3 nuts before my mouth feels like it is on fire, it's awesome!

Beck81
07-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Not a good night, my legs were real crampy. Drank my water, took extra potassium, got my salt in, drank some pickle juice and still there. Could be I worked a straight 12 hrs standing all day yesterday! I have another 9 today and didn't get much sleep, oh well. Any suggestions?

shathom
07-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Good morning all, it is Friday, finally! I need some down time and some me time. Do you have those times when you just want to be alone? I do and I'm looking forward to this weekend. I live alone so that is no problem for me. I need to clean out some closets anyway. I also bought a new spice rack for the kitchen and it is too tall to fit right now so I need to empty the shelves and move them all up, should keep me busy for a couple of hours. Have a great Friday all!

Kaypix
07-13-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm awake I'm awake I'm awake wake wake...and I'm caffeinated!

Hey everyone, not sure if I've been as ghostly as I've felt the last couple of weeks. I've been so exhausted in the mornings that I haven't gotten out of bed until it was time to get ready for the day. I changed all that this morning by getting up with the dogs at 6:30 (usual) and then staying up to REPAINT part of the motorcycle >.< stupid little cover thingies, one peeled a bit so now it's all meh. Anyways, I digress. I made myself a cup of my Kahlua coffee, added my mocha splenda coffee flavoring and my 1/4 carton of EAS Shake and I'm up for the day! I think the shake being used helps balance the caffein, because I get shaky right away if I don't use the shake with the coffee I noticed.

I'm sad because I'm almost out of my EAS drink, my Atkins bars are all gone except the ones with like, 6g of net carbs in them (most of the ones I get at 3-4net carbs) AND my wonder slim products are starting to really dwindle. I don't want to buy more stuff yet as money is tight, and I "can" drink my shake 3 times a day, if I really needed to, but omg I really don't WANT to. It's good, don't get me wrong, but seriously, a chocolate shake for breakfast, lunch and a late snack? Thanks, but no thanks.

I found out possibly that my dog could be developing arthritis in his front "wrist" based on a great deal of googling. My current theory is that he's had arthritis for something like the last few months, but we had him on "Active Mobility" dog food, which had glucosamine and some other anti-arthritis hormones and fats, then when his vet told us he was fat and switched him to straight up weight loss food, the hormones eventually left his system and his joint started acting up. I have to take him to the vet to get it confirmed one way or the other, but in the meantime he's getting tylenol once every other day (they say it can be given every 12 hours but the pain seems to come and go, and too much too frequently can cause upset tummy.) and an ice pack on the wrist when we watch TV at night. He seems to like the cold on it.

Today at work is going to be a short one, I have a doctor appt at 1:50, then am leaving at 4:00 to get ready for Hot Harley Nights (pics will be posted I am sure!) since my mom said me and DH deserved to be treated for all we've done to the bike, the fact that our marriage survived the build (lol, but seriously, it got ugly some nights) and that we've been potentially screwed over by his mom. So DH now has his motorcycle which will be entered in the "V-Rod Class" section of the competition, which is awesome because that means that his biggest competition (which would be choppers or custom builds IMO) is in another class that he won't be competing with. And if he wins (I'm saying WHEN HE WINS in my mind) he gets cash prize and a trophy! Yay trophy! The cash would be nominal, probably not even enough to cover his entrance fee, but it's still the point of the matter, and it'd make him so proud I think. 1st, 2nd and 3rd places all get trophies, but 1st place also gets the cash.

Today I get to run around like a crazy person and take my photo in front of buildings using the letters W-I-S-H (wish) and each photo will be an entry into a raffle for me. The fundraising from this weekend all goes to Make-a-Wish, hence the name. They say the pics can be just whatever, but I want to make them GOOD, not just in front of a Wells Fargo, I-29 (interstate), Sam's Club and Harley Davidson, that just sounds I don't know, pedestrian? So instead I'll be riding around the city finding OLD buildings with painted lettering on the brick facade outside, I already know where I can find my W-I-_-H , just need to find a great letter S floating around somewhere. Yes, more pics will follow! Actually I'll probably just make a photo bucket album and share that, it'd make more sense, as this weekend is going to be FULL of pics of amazing motorcycles, me on mine, DH on his etc etc etc.

I've missed you all, and I'm not sure why I was in a funk the last week or so, but it seems to have lifted...I think? I'll try to check in later after i've had some time to be "productive" at work. Peace out yo!

Unwaver1ng
07-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Kaypix,

You can give vitamin supplements to your dog with glucosomen if maybe that will help. Also, a lot of my friends have had success with a supplement called The Gift of Life. Google it if you are interested.

~Jenni

usmcvet
07-13-2012, 10:07 AM
NSV

Just called to change a duty belt ordered a few weeks ago from a 52 to a 48! I started with a 60 and I just got a 54 that is already too small!

kmstacy
07-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Kaypix - I cant wait to see pics!

Chloe222
07-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Ah well, I guess I am still a newby, I didnt get the links to work the way they are supposed to. If anyone knows how please tell me and I will fix it. :)

I posted this in yesterdays chat, but I am the last of the time zones so I wasn't sure if anyone would see it. :)

So I am getting really dissapointed in myself. As some of you might have read I went to Valdez for a week (on a boat fulltime) and was battling sea sickness. I ended up eating a lot of extra protien, which hasnt given me a problem... its the restricteds!!! I ate two a day on the boat in an effort to battle the nasea and I made myself even more miserable by feeling really guilty about it.

Now that I am home I am having a hard time NOT eating two restricteds in a day. I am really struggling here.... I feel ridiculous to be this close to goal and I am letting this happen! UGH!!! Im pretty disgusted with myself right now.

So far I was able to have two days in a row that I did not give in to the second restricted. But today I caved again!!! I had found a restricted in one of my bags that I brought on the trip with me. Instead of putting it away, out of sight, I left it sitting on the bar next to where I eat dinner.... The dinner I made was really spicy, and well it went downhill from there. So mad at myself!

These are some of the things I have been doing to keep myself from having more than one:
I have not gone in to my store and resupplied since being back, I have even run out of my chocolate drinks.
I have taken all of the restricteds that I had at work brought them home. I only take one to work with me so I have no choice.
I have made sure to put them out of sight at home... out of sight, out of mind right?
I have been keeping busy. I work all day, come home and then leave a half an hour later to bring my son to football practice, I stay there with him until 8pm, I come home and make dinner and go to bed.

I know that the only thing that will really help me is my own will power, but I want to set myself up for success. What I listed above are some of the steps I have taken in order to make myself more successful. Does anyone have any suggestions, other than throwing all the restricteds out (too expensive for that), that I am not already doing?

Question: Why are nuts bad for us on this diet? Is it the natural amount of carbs in them? Or is it the fat content?

Thank you for any help or encouragement in advance. Oh and I dont think I need tough love, lol I'm already doing that enough for myself....

I'm going to respond to you as if you were my best friend: DO NOT BUY ANY MORE!! TAKE WHAT YOU HAVE AND HAVE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER STORE THEM FOR YOU.

I know we talk about will power as if its something you either have or don't - but will power is something that is strengthened over time and for many, at this early point in the IP journey, we aren't always paragons of virtue that can just turn our backs on a second bar...so make it easy on yourself adn just don't use them but make it REALLY EASY by not having them remotely available. That's what I'd say to my best friend. :hug:

NSV

Just called to change a duty belt ordered a few weeks ago from a 52 to a 48! I started with a 60 and I just got a 54 that is already too small!

YAY!! Cookies yesterday and a smaller belt today, how much better can it get!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

rainbowsmiles
07-13-2012, 10:43 AM

1st....breathe in breathe out....(Mr Miyagi from the Karate Kid)...do it again, breathe in.....breathe out....seriously!! do it!! hahaha
maybe and i am no dr here, but maybe....you are "scared" because you are right there at goal....and maybe subconsciously you are eating extra because you are not prepare for the whole 'i am at goal" routine and what do i do now??? eating extra and keeping you from getting to goal might be your way of "dealing" with that feeling?? I think you GOT THIS!!! I think you already know in your heart that YOU CAN DO THIS!! there is life once you get to goal!! there is IP life....there is normal life...haha. for me, there have been things in my life that i "stopped short" of achieving not because i failed but because i was SCARED OF SUCCESS....i know that doesn't make much sense, but its true...maybe you are scared of your success??? at any rate....know what i think???
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug:
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: stefany:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

sometimes we just need a hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug:
consider yourself HUGGED!!!!!!:D

rainbowsmiles
07-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Not a good night, my legs were real crampy. Drank my water, took extra potassium, got my salt in, drank some pickle juice and still there. Could be I worked a straight 12 hrs standing all day yesterday! I have another 9 today and didn't get much sleep, oh well. Any suggestions?

i have been dealing with leg cramps too, and have not found much of a solution, so will be happy to see some responses. I am getting in everything as prescribed, supplements, water, salt, oil, etc,,,I guess I'm have the opposite of "growing pains"....shrinking pains :rofl: but i feel your pain!! hang in there !!:hug:

Good morning all, it is Friday, finally! I need some down time and some me time. Do you have those times when you just want to be alone? I do and I'm looking forward to this weekend. I live alone so that is no problem for me. I need to clean out some closets anyway. I also bought a new spice rack for the kitchen and it is too tall to fit right now so I need to empty the shelves and move them all up, should keep me busy for a couple of hours. Have a great Friday all!
:wave: enjoy your down time!!!

Just called to change a duty belt ordered a few weeks ago from a 52 to a 48! I started with a 60 and I just got a 54 that is already too small![/QUOTE]

who knew baking cookies would have this effect???:o
way to go!!!

dizzyjean
07-13-2012, 11:00 AM

You are doing so well with weight loss and attitude! I always think reorganizing other things in my life is fun and restful. Enjoy your down time, girl!

lotusflowerbomb
07-13-2012, 11:01 AM

OMG. Steph. Don't be so hard on yourself. I know you can overcome this last hurdle, look at how far you have come! I hope and pray I have the stick-to-it-ness to make it to where you are. (we are the same height and my goal is similar to yours) Even with your 2 restricted cheats, you are an inspiration to me. Staying on plan is a struggle that we are all battling, nothing worth having is easy.

Have you tried pre-planning your meals, set aside what you are going to eat? Are you writing in your journal?

Re: Nuts, my coach said that they are bad because of the fat content. True confession. I have had a few cashews from time to time. I don't know what it is about them but they have been extraordinarily good to me since I have been on this diet. I think I may crave them because sometimes I forget to add the olive oil to my meal.

evepet
07-13-2012, 11:08 AM
wasn't sure if anyone would see it. :)

I feel for you because I have the same problem. Some of my favorite protein bars just seem to sing a siren song to me.... :devil:

I'm far better off not having them around to tempt me. So I agree with Chloe222's advice.

One suggestion... I've noticed that sometimes I eat my meals and snacks too quickly... and if I don't take enough time to really enjoy the food's taste and texture I'll find myself wanting more/another. This generally happens if I'm eating while reading, or checking in here at 3fatchicks, or watching TV. Anything really that's occupying my attention at the same time as I'm eating. This is said to be true of eating in general... eat meals and snacks when you can devote 100% of your attention to what you're eating. Take the time to thoroughly chew and 'ruminate on' whatever you're putting in your mouth. Otherwise you barely register the taste and texture of the food item and when finished have less sense of satisfaction and enjoyment. In the case of the protein bars, perhaps cut it up into bite-size pieces and savour them slowly - one bit at a time. It takes much longer to eat it that way, and you have a much more 'complete' eating experience. Some people even freeze them and cut up the frozen bar into pieces. Also try having it with a hot cup of tea or coffee... sip some hot tea/coffee between bites/chews of the bar. Really slow down the process. Perhaps when you feel like you've thoroughly enjoyed 1 bar, you won't feel so much like you need/want the second one.

NSV

Congrats! You are doing great.

I'm going to respond to you as if you were my best friend: DO NOT BUY ANY MORE!! TAKE WHAT YOU HAVE AND HAVE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER STORE THEM FOR YOU.

I know we talk about will power as if its something you either have or don't - but will power is something that is strengthened over time and for many, at this early point in the IP journey, we aren't always paragons of virtue that can just turn our backs on a second bar...so make it easy on yourself adn just don't use them but make it REALLY EASY by not having them remotely available. That's what I'd say to my best friend. :hug:

Agreed. I've found it's best for me to keep certain food items (bars in particular) out of the house. It's nice to think I have good willpower, but I see no need to test it that way every day. I'm having a bit of a 'stall' myself right now. If the scale doesn't move downward next week, I think I may have to try a Boot Camp week and see if I can get my motor revved up again.

wuv2bloved
07-13-2012, 11:10 AM
NSV

too small huh???...haha....I think you meant too BIG!!. Great job

Step, like the others said don't beat yourself up, you had 2 restricted its better than eating something not on program. Hang in there, you are almost there!

Good morning everyone, Happy Friday! I have a family gathering this weekend so it will be fun filled. Its my grand niece's 2nd birthday! My mom and brothers are coming as well, I have to drive an hour west and they have to drive 2.5 hrs east to get there....lol....suppose to be a good weekend so I am excited!

Samba
07-13-2012, 11:12 AM

If this stuff was easy....!!! Well, you know where I am going with that. Give yourself a break, a hug, a stroke for how far you have come! Oh my gosh, amazing really! I have found this to be a real process and truly a journey in self discovery. The struggles that I hate, now seem so much a part of it!

Those darn restricteds call to me at times. When I felt I might really get to spiralling with them, I did a really hard thing. I did not have them around. Awhile on non-restricteds only seemed to help me "reset". Dang cravings for foods and sweets. I have soo lived with that. I am beginning to figure out parts of that, but still a struggle at times. I so relate and feel for you in this "call of the restricteds"!

vovo
07-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Woke up feeling incredibly guilty because I had eaten a huge slice of spice cake.....and then I realized it was only a dream and hadn't actually cheated!!!

Such relief upon realization that I am still OP. yay!!

rainbowsmiles
07-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Woke up feeling incredibly guilty because I had eaten a huge slice of spice cake.....and then I realized it was only a dream and hadn't actually cheated!!!

hahaha i did that before too...only it was a piece of bread...and i was SO THANKFUL WHEN I WOKE UP and realized it was only a dream!! dreams can be so real!! but that dream spurred me on to creating recipes that would satisfy that thought so all is good! haha
still....i was so mad at myself in my dream!! i was like, seriously, after 10 weeks and you cheat on a stupid piece of bread!! haha
i am learning to control the foods i eat, now if i could only control those dreams!! haha

julied31
07-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Steph - my thought on the 2 restricted is - if you're going to cheat, there are a lot worse options, right? I had 2 restricted yesterday and felt guilty for about 1 second! But, to get yourself to stop, think back to when you first started IP.....it took a lot of willpower, I'm sure. It sure did for me. But you did it. So, you can do this!!!!

I made it through my day of travel and meetings yesterday. Had a salad with a little turkey, ham and 1 egg on it for lunch. I did have some regular ranch dressing with it, but obviously didn't go overboard. Then had my snack on our drive home. For dinner I had a chicken breast. My only veggies for the day was rhubarb mixed in with IP oatmeal. So, I exchanged my second unrestricted for a restricted.

Today should be a better day. I need to get some more veggies though! I want to try jicama, rutabaga, turnips and kale.....

jennlnige
07-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Good Morning All!! I'm on day 3 and still feeling really good. I'm really wondering if my body hasn't figured out what I'm doing yet. When did everyone notice a difference, did everyone have a yucky couple of days? I know, weird questions, but I have been mentally ready to just feel like crap and it hasn't happened yet. I told my daughter that she couldn't have any friends over this weekend just for that reason.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day!!!

-Jennifer

Ravenswood2012
07-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Down another 2.2 lbs... Very happy with my WI :)

lotusflowerbomb
07-13-2012, 11:39 AM
I have the opposite problem as Steph. I have a problem getting more than 2 unrestricted in a day. I feel guilty about even having a restricted. I have so many that have gone untouched. In my mind, restrstriced means restricted, if that makes any sense. Does anyone experienced foresee a problem with just having 2 unrestricteds and an OP lunch and dinner in my overall success with the plan?

mooselover
07-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Steph- You are doing great. Just get over your 2 restricteds a day and move on. Plan out your day and let yourself have 1 restricted and no more!!! Have the restricted sometime where you were wanting that 2nd one. Maybe that will help.

mooselover
07-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Well, my Mom and Sister leave this evening. I was going to start phase 3 today, but this week was really hard for me. We ended up eating out at least 1 meal a day and most places we went were not IP friendly. I had several food items not OP. This is why I have avoided eating out for the last 20 weeks. I feel so much better knowing I am in control. I am going to have a few more phase 1 or 2 days at home. I will move to phase 3 the day after my surgery. Ugh. Just not sure what to do. I am so scared to move on. I like the security of phase 1. I will be talking to my coach in an hour and see what she has to say. I know I can move back to phase 1 after I am done healing, but that seems scary too. Who knew getting close to goal could be so hard???!!!

anitamarlene
07-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Question: I had my weigh in at the clinic yesterday, which I don't take that seriously as I weigh myself at home. But she did the electro-thing that measures muscle and fat and water. My water is over 10% and has actually increased in the last month. Is this normal, the high school girl that does the weigh in said it should be less than 3% (but she doesn't seem to know much)? Should I be trying anything to decrease the water retention? Or is the electro-thing even worth taking seriously?

Thanks!

patns
07-13-2012, 12:02 PM

So I am getting really dissapointed in myself. As some of you might have read I went to Valdez for a week (on a boat fulltime) and was battling sea sickness. I ended up eating a lot of extra protien, which hasnt given me a problem... its the restricted!!! I ate two a day on the boat in an effort to battle the nasea and I made myself even more miserable by feeling really guilty about it.

Now that I am home I am having a hard time NOT eating two restricted in a day. I am really struggling here.... I feel ridiculous to be this close to goal and I am letting this happen! UGH!!! Im pretty disgusted with myself right now.

I have taken all of the restricted that I had at work brought them home. I only take one to work with me so I have no choice.

I know that the only thing that will really help me is my own will power, but I want to set myself up for success. What I listed above are some of the steps I have taken in order to make myself more successful. Does anyone have any suggestions, other than throwing all the restricted out (too expensive for that), that I am not already doing?

Thank you for any help or encouragement in advance. Oh and I don't think I need tough love, lol I'm already doing that enough for myself....

I think the problem is that your seasickness got you off your established routine.

Continue to do what you are doing, put the bars out of sight. But take out one for the day and get back into your regular routine of when you normally ate.

I had just posted on another thread of how having a restricted a day has helped me in maintenance because I am not focusing on what other treats I could have.
So preplan your meals and put what is not part of the plan away. Out of sight out of mind.

You will be back to the routine that brought you such success in no time.

Being sick always interferes with the best made plans. Now that you are feeling better you can get right back on track.

As for the term "restricted" one a day is not off limits as you know. But once that is gone more than one a day is a no-no.

You know how to do this and it will work.

Pat

Delgen
07-13-2012, 12:08 PM
I know that the only thing that will really help me is my own will power, but I want to set myself up for success. What I listed above are some of the steps I have taken in order to make myself more successful. Does anyone have any suggestions, other than throwing all the restricted out (too expensive for that), that I am not already doing?

Willpower is good, yes, but I think one of the most important things to do is manage your environment so that you don't have to struggle so much with will power. If it's not there, it cannot be consumed!

Seems to me that you are already doing that. Just manage your environment, plan all the things you plan to eat each day. It helps me to just follow a list or a plan...at home.,...in the grocery store, etc.

You can do it. You have proven that to yourself. You are almost ready to start the next phase, so you should be prepared to do that...It sounds so exciting, and you should make that your next goal...Hang in there...You may have been out of ketosis, so your body needs to readjust again. Let it do that and move into your next phase!

Hooray....You can and you will! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Kaypix
07-13-2012, 12:15 PM
I really really wish we could post videos on here, but I think it won't let us :(
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DvwnbOqTkvI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DvwnbOqTkvI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Here's the link, in case that didn' actually work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvwnbOqTkvI

Delgen
07-13-2012, 12:17 PM

Vovo, I have done that too. Wow. We are even committed....in our dreams!

Delgen
07-13-2012, 12:25 PM
I really really wish we could post videos on here, but I think it won't let us :(
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DvwnbOqTkvI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DvwnbOqTkvI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

That is the greatest video!
Just substitute "non restricted" for "banana"!
So cute...I giggled all the way through.

haddy4
07-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Hope everyone has a great weekend..:)

aimeed3
07-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Morning everyone!

We had a big batch of rain that came through. Actually clipped us at work but its storming at my house. wish I could be home right now.
I need to start the kids school supply and uniform shopping, ughhhh! I really dont even want to think about that but their first day is Aug 9th so its dwindling down.

My scale is NOT moving. I am trying not to get discouraged. I am 100% OP but I did have 2 huge losses my first 2 weeks. If only I could lose 2 lbs this week, thats all I want is to hit the 20 lb mark. I'm just not seeing that its going to happen, but you never know. You see this is why its not good to weigh everyday, for me at least, but I do it anyway.

I see everyone is doing ok and everyone gave Steph GREAT advice.

congrats to the LOSERS and everyone have an OP great day!!!

dizzyjean
07-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Down another 2.2 lbs... Very happy with my WI :)

Great job...it all adds up...r...down!

Delgen
07-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Morning everyone!

My scale is NOT moving. I am trying not to get discouraged. I am 100% OP but I did have 2 huge losses my first 2 weeks. If only I could lose 2 lbs this week, thats all I want is to hit the 20 lb mark. I'm just not seeing that its going to happen, but you never know. You see this is why its not good to weigh everyday, for me at least, but I do it anyway.
!

Aimee, this happens to me a lot.
I just think...If it does not come off this week, it will come off by the next.

My advice: Don't set goals you don't have control over. You cannot control what your body does (metabolically), but you can control if you are OP or not. So go for the long term goal you can control, and the rest takes care of itself.
:D:D:D:D:D

dizzyjean
07-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Well, my Mom and Sister leave this evening. I was going to start phase 3 today, but this week was really hard for me. We ended up eating out at least 1 meal a day and most places we went were not IP friendly. I had several food items not OP. This is why I have avoided eating out for the last 20 weeks. I feel so much better knowing I am in control. I am going to have a few more phase 1 or 2 days at home. I will move to phase 3 the day after my surgery. Ugh. Just not sure what to do. I am so scared to move on. I like the security of phase 1. I will be talking to my coach in an hour and see what she has to say. I know I can move back to phase 1 after I am done healing, but that seems scary too. Who knew getting close to goal could be so hard???!!!

Wow, the unknown, untried is always scary. But its just another step in this process. You try it, let us know how you feel, we follow in you footsteps.....soon!

aimeed3
07-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Aimee, this happens to me a lot.
I just think...If it does not come off this week, it will come off by the next.

My advice: Don't set goals you don't have control over. You cannot control what your body does (metabolically), but you can control if you are OP or not. So go for the long term goal you can control, and the rest takes care of itself.

Thank you!!! I like your advice, b/c its so true. I am staying OP 100% I just like to see those numbers on the scale go down.

Delgen
07-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Thank you!!! I like your advice, b/c its so true. I am staying OP 100% I just like to see those numbers on the scale go down.

Yes! We all like to see the numbers fall. They will! I promise! :hug:

bttrhalf
07-13-2012, 12:49 PM
had my weigh in yesterday afternoon, I'm down another 1lb and gained .75 " over all :o. not as much as I was hopping for but i will take anything i get. My coach was a bit baffled at the low loss because i have been100% OP, but have been a bit bloated so I started taking the Novi-Lax and she said I will probably have a big loss next week and should feel better in a day or two. started taking it last night and all ready see it work.:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
everyone have a great friday the 13th and a good weekend think thin thoughts and stay convinced we can do this a pound at a time.

clinic:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-ost/slider-egg/lb/197.8/145/185.4/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Meagan240
07-13-2012, 12:56 PM
WI day today! I lost three pounds and 2.25". Woot woot! Congrats on all the fabulous losses today and I'm sending encouraging thoughts to everyone!

Samba
07-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Kaypix-hilarious! BANANA!!!

LizRR
07-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Howdy IPeeps! It's going to be a busy one today - have my WI#19 at 1pm...will report my findings then. I think I am going to hit my original goal of 150lb, I still haven't changed it 'officially' with my coach, but I think I will stay on Phase 1 until I am more comfortable with my body fat percentage. I can't believe I have made it this far, and so easily. Honestly, when I started I blurted out my goal at 170, and even that sounded so far fetched, now I am inching toward the 140s (home scale has me at 147, but coachs scale is higher). I love IP!

My sons 2nd birthday party is tomorrow - so will be spending my after hours today finishing up setup and buying food & drinks. I am ordering pizza and making cupcakes - but will have a veggie platter, side veggie salads, and a fruit platter. My folks & brother are driving in today also, so I'll have extra hands to help setup.

I have the opposite problem as Steph. I have a problem getting more than 2 unrestricted in a day. I feel guilty about even having a restricted. I have so many that have gone untouched. In my mind, restrstriced means restricted, if that makes any sense. Does anyone experienced foresee a problem with just having 2 unrestricteds and an OP lunch and dinner in my overall success with the plan?

As long as you have THREE IP packets a day + 4 cups veggies + 8oz protein you are okay. DO NOT skip an IP packet, you don't necessarily have to have 1 restricted a day if you don't want to, make all 3 unrestricted if you want (I did that my first 8 weeks, and now mainly just have restricteds on workout days) - but EAT YOUR FOOD.

The program is designed to give us enough protein to maintain our lean mass - if you deprive yourself your body will turn to burning muscle to fuel itself. Particularly the IP foods, since they are specifically designed to give us the largest amount of absorbable protein in the smallest amount of calories. You do yourself no favors by skipping meals on this program - we are very low calorie already. I can't stress it enough - EAT YOUR FOOD! Who knew you'd have to be told that on a "diet"...

Question: I had my weigh in at the clinic yesterday, which I don't take that seriously as I weigh myself at home. But she did the electro-thing that measures muscle and fat and water. My water is over 10% and has actually increased in the last month. Is this normal, the high school girl that does the weigh in said it should be less than 3% (but she doesn't seem to know much)? Should I be trying anything to decrease the water retention? Or is the electro-thing even worth taking seriously?

My hydration level was very high at the beginning of IP (~8%) and has gone down every week, now I am hovering around +/-1%, they monitor that and want it to be no lower than ~0-1 I believe. It's not the most important number, but they do want to keep it checked out. My coach was never concerned when it was high - she just wanted to make sure it didn't go too low. Don't worry about it - keep doing what you are doing, your body will continuall flush out more water on this program - it's a part of ketosis.

Well, I have to say - for me at least, I do weigh in at home occasionally, but I know what I eat and what I do, and I know that it is all On Program 100%, so when the scale doesn't move one day, I know it will move on another. I think that's why I don't take the number so seriously - because I know this program works, and I know that everyone has their mini-stalls, especially after a big loss....BUT, it ALWAYS GOES DOWN! You got this aimeed3...just wait...

I'm awake I'm awake I'm awake wake wake...and
I'm caffeinated!

I've missed you all, and I'm not sure why I was in a funk the last week or so, but it seems to have lifted...I think? I'll try to check in later after i've had some time to be "productive" at work. Peace out yo!

HELLO TO YOU TOO!!! Glad you are de-funked! Have a great weekend Kaypix, you are definitely one of my 'go-to' chicks here that always lift me up (I think the caffeeine high is contagious perhaps?)...

rainbowsmiles
07-13-2012, 01:22 PM

LOVE THIS!!!!!:hug: thanks for sharing!

NOVAScents
07-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Afternoon all. I never got a chance to check back here yesterday (BOO!!), but my doctors appointment went well- she didn't see anything wrong with my Thyroid, but did blood work anyways.

Needless to say, as of yesterday I've started Phase 2. I think I'm getting too much soy which is making it enlarged (although its not visible) so we'll see. I can tell you that even after only doing it a DAY my issue has pretty much gone away.

Since I'm traveling soon I'm going to stay on Phase 2 for 3 weeks instead of the recommended 2. I don't see it being an issue, but I'll talk to my clinic about it on Monday.

And now for my victories: Yesterday I went shopping BY MYSELF and was shocked!! In 11 weeks I have gone from:
Size 14 -> 8/10
Bra size 38DD -> 36B
Shirts Large -> Small

I was blown away!!! Looking forward to seeing what the "final product" looks like when I'm officially done!

Unwaver1ng
07-13-2012, 02:35 PM
A note on restricteds...I have started coming across a similar problem because I wanted something quick to eat instead of having to make something. Now I am going to make crispy cereal pancakes to carry with me. They are good cold, without anything on them, and one pack makes two of them. An unrestricted snack that I can divide into two! Maybe that would help with some cravings?

~Jenni

lotusflowerbomb
07-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Just wanted to share a NSV with you guys. Went to the cafeteria to get my salad and there was a chicken wing special. I have been seriously craving chicken wings for 2 days now. I didn't get them. I got my salad and left. Let me tell you, it was a serious mental tug of war.

Delgen
07-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Just wanted to share a NSV with you guys. Went to the cafeteria to get my salad and there was a chicken wing special. I have been seriously craving chicken wings for 2 days now. I didn't get them. I got my salad and left. Let me tell you, it was a serious mental tug of war.

Wow!
That is a war you can win. You can ALWAYS win that war, because the chicken wings have no power. Only you have power.
Fantastic!
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug::hug:

evepet
07-13-2012, 02:48 PM

Thanks for the giggle. 'All My Kingdom for a... BANANA!' That was really cute. I can sympathize with those poor guys. :D:D I've never been much of a fruit eater, but somedays (especially when I walk by the fruit aisles) I start salivating for a berry.... banana.... apple.... kiwi.....

Rhonduz
07-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Maybe some of you know this already, but yesterday I used the blueberry cran-Granata drink to make three large popsicles. Wow they were great and I could spread them out through the day. I really did not care for it as a drink but the frozen worked for me.
Have a great Friday everyone!!!!

Unwaver1ng
07-13-2012, 03:11 PM
My grandfather passed away and I'm flying home tonight for the service this weekend. Since it is the weekend before payday, and the second time flying this week, I'm completely tapped out for funds. Completely.

I was trying to decide if skipping dinner altogether while traveling and eating only my IP snack was an option. I finally caved and ended up asking a coworker if I could borrow $10. She gave me $100 of her "fun money." No hesitation and all I was asking for was some cash for dinner at the airport.

This week has been a rollercoaster, and the people I work with are just fantastic people of support. I wanted to share that.

~Jenni

rainbowsmiles
07-13-2012, 03:20 PM
My grandfather passed away and I'm flying home tonight for the service this weekend. Since it is the weekend before payday, and the second time flying this week, I'm completely tapped out for funds. Completely.

I was trying to decide if skipping dinner altogether while traveling and eating only my IP snack was an option. I finally caved and ended up asking a coworker if I could borrow $10. She gave me $100 of her "fun money." No hesitation and all I was asking for was some cash for dinner at the airport.

This week has been a rollercoaster, and the people I work with are just fantastic people of support. I wanted to share that.

~Jenni

thank YOU for sharing that...i am sorry for your loss :hug: of your grandfather. it is never easy when we lose the ones we love. being on this protocol takes such focus and determination that anything that comes along as a "bump" in the road can easily de-rail some of us...BUT NOT YOU!! i know it took extreme pride to ask to borrow money!! and God knew your need before you even asked and sent such a good friend to your aid. wouldn't we all be wealthy beyond measure to have such good friends like that who truly care!! God Bless you on your journey, I will be praying for you to stay strong :strong: but somehow i already know that you will!!! safe travels.:hug::hug:

Shortcake224
07-13-2012, 03:24 PM
:)My grandfather passed away and I'm flying home tonight for the service this weekend. Since it is the weekend before payday, and the second time flying this week, I'm completely tapped out for funds. Completely.

~Jenni

That's God sending His angels on earth. He knows what you need inspite of what you asked for. Receive your blessings. He is amazing. :hug:

usmcvet
07-13-2012, 03:36 PM

Yes time to yourself is important.

I'm awake I'm awake I'm awake wake wake...and I'm caffeinated!

Hey everyone, not sure if I've been as ghostly as I've felt the last couple of weeks. I've been so exhausted in the mornings that I haven't gotten out of bed until it was time to get ready for the day. I changed all that this morning by getting up with the dogs at 6:30 (usual) and then staying up to REPAINT part of the motorcycle >.< stupid little cover thingies, one peeled a bit so now it's all meh. Anyways, I digress. I made myself a cup of my Kahlua coffee, added my mocha splenda coffee flavoring and my 1/4 carton of EAS Shake and I'm up for the day! I think the shake being used helps balance the caffein, because I get shaky right away if I don't use the shake with the coffee I noticed.

I'm sad because I'm almost out of my EAS drink, my Atkins bars are all gone except the ones with like, 6g of net carbs in them (most of the ones I get at 3-4net carbs) AND my wonder slim products are starting to really dwindle. I don't want to buy more stuff yet as money is tight, and I "can" drink my shake 3 times a day, if I really needed to, but omg I really don't WANT to. It's good, don't get me wrong, but seriously, a chocolate shake for breakfast, lunch and a late snack? Thanks, but no thanks.

I found out possibly that my dog could be developing arthritis in his front "wrist" based on a great deal of googling. My current theory is that he's had arthritis for something like the last few months, but we had him on "Active Mobility" dog food, which had glucosamine and some other anti-arthritis hormones and fats, then when his vet told us he was fat and switched him to straight up weight loss food, the hormones eventually left his system and his joint started acting up. I have to take him to the vet to get it confirmed one way or the other, but in the meantime he's getting tylenol once every other day (they say it can be given every 12 hours but the pain seems to come and go, and too much too frequently can cause upset tummy.) and an ice pack on the wrist when we watch TV at night. He seems to like the cold on it.

Today at work is going to be a short one, I have a doctor appt at 1:50, then am leaving at 4:00 to get ready for Hot Harley Nights (pics will be posted I am sure!) since my mom said me and DH deserved to be treated for all we've done to the bike, the fact that our marriage survived the build (lol, but seriously, it got ugly some nights) and that we've been potentially screwed over by his mom. So DH now has his motorcycle which will be entered in the "V-Rod Class" section of the competition, which is awesome because that means that his biggest competition (which would be choppers or custom builds IMO) is in another class that he won't be competing with. And if he wins (I'm saying WHEN HE WINS in my mind) he gets cash prize and a trophy! Yay trophy! The cash would be nominal, probably not even enough to cover his entrance fee, but it's still the point of the matter, and it'd make him so proud I think. 1st, 2nd and 3rd places all get trophies, but 1st place also gets the cash.

Today I get to run around like a crazy person and take my photo in front of buildings using the letters W-I-S-H (wish) and each photo will be an entry into a raffle for me. The fundraising from this weekend all goes to Make-a-Wish, hence the name. They say the pics can be just whatever, but I want to make them GOOD, not just in front of a Wells Fargo, I-29 (interstate), Sam's Club and Harley Davidson, that just sounds I don't know, pedestrian? So instead I'll be riding around the city finding OLD buildings with painted lettering on the brick facade outside, I already know where I can find my W-I-_-H , just need to find a great letter S floating around somewhere. Yes, more pics will follow! Actually I'll probably just make a photo bucket album and share that, it'd make more sense, as this weekend is going to be FULL of pics of amazing motorcycles, me on mine, DH on his etc etc etc.

NO more coffee for you. ;) have an awesome weekend. Good luck and look forward to som photos.

YAY!! Cookies yesterday and a smaller belt today, how much better can it get!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: yeah the belt is cool. I'm struggling to keep my shorts, 50's from falling off. I need to bring my pants belts in for some new holes they're on the smallest notches and still too big. That got me thinking I needed to change the belt on order.

Cookies are good. It used to be a long time between batches and they were not very good. As the belt gets smaller things just work better!:devil:

1st....breathe in breathe out....(Mr Miyagi from the Karate Kid)...do it again, breathe in.....breathe out....seriously!! do it!! hahaha

sometimes we just need a hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug:
consider yourself HUGGED!!!!!!:D

I like the new Jackie Chan Krate Kid too, I paraphrased him recently, my Focus, Need More Focus!

Consider yourself kissed on the cheeks and hugged too XOXO

who knew baking cookies would have this effect???:o
way to go!!!
I think the smaller belt helps to make better cookies much easier.
[COLOR="Purple"]too small huh???...haha....I think you meant too BIG!!. Great job

You're right. I'm just used to needing new belts and close because they're too small, gotta retrain the brain.

Thanks!

I'm suspicious of these things too. Seems strange. LizzR I need an engineers opinion! :)

Just wanted to share a NSV with you guys. Went to the cafeteria to get my salad and there was a chicken wing special. I have been seriously craving chicken wings for 2 days now. I didn't get them. I got my salad and left. Let me tell you, it was a serious mental tug of war.. Good job. We all need to do this for the rest of our lives to stay at healthy weights.

Maybe some of you know this already, but yesterday I used the blueberry cran-Granata drink to make three large popsicles. Wow they were great and I could spread them out through the day. I really did not care for it as a drink but the frozen worked for me.

Good tip.

~Jenni

Jenni. God Bless and travel safely. Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Sounds like a good friend you have there at work.

LizRR
07-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Quick checkin before I go back to the lab...WI#19 and I am down another 3lb and 0.53%, made it to my original 'official' goal of 150lb! I am going out of town next week (and so is my coach), so we talked and I am going to stay on Phase 1 for the next 2 weeks until my next WI, then revisit whether to go to Phase 2 or not - depending on my body fat percentage. Back to the lab...have a great Friday The 13th!

reneepw
07-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Quick checkin before I go back to the lab...WI#19 and I am down another 3lb and 0.53%, made it to my original 'official' goal of 150lb! I am going out of town next week (and so is my coach), so we talked and I am going to stay on Phase 1 for the next 2 weeks until my next WI, then revisit whether to go to Phase 2 or not - depending on my body fat percentage. Back to the lab...have a great Friday The 13th!

That's great! Congratulations!

Delgen
07-13-2012, 03:54 PM

Friday the 13th is your LUCKY Day!
That is so awesome, and congratulations on a huge accomplishment!

shathom
07-13-2012, 03:55 PM
WOOHOO way to go girlie, it is amazing what you've accomplished in 19 weeks:bravo::cp::congrat::cheer2::woohoo:

Rhonduz
07-13-2012, 03:57 PM

~Jenni

Very sorry about your grandfather Jenni. It's wonderful to have such loving friends!

reneepw
07-13-2012, 03:58 PM

~Jenni
So sorry to hear about your grandfather. It's funny how we find angels when we need them right? Hope this weekend goes well and you find peace with your family.

shathom
07-13-2012, 03:58 PM
NSV

wow, after a while they are going to ask you to put your own holes in, you're shrinking faster then they can make em LOL, congrats that is wonderful!

reneepw
07-13-2012, 03:59 PM

great tip! I'm going to be trying that for sure!

shathom
07-13-2012, 04:00 PM
You are doing so well with weight loss and attitude! I always think reorganizing other things in my life is fun and restful. Enjoy your down time, girl!
Thanks I will :smug:

reneepw
07-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Afternoon all. I never got a chance to check back here yesterday (BOO!!), but my doctors appointment went well- she didn't see anything wrong with my Thyroid, but did blood work anyways.

Needless to say, as of yesterday I've started Phase 2. I think I'm getting too much soy which is making it enlarged (although its not visible) so we'll see. I can tell you that even after only doing it a DAY my issue has pretty much gone away.

Since I'm traveling soon I'm going to stay on Phase 2 for 3 weeks instead of the recommended 2. I don't see it being an issue, but I'll talk to my clinic about it on Monday.

And now for my victories: Yesterday I went shopping BY MYSELF and was shocked!! In 11 weeks I have gone from:
Size 14 -> 8/10
Bra size 38DD -> 36B
Shirts Large -> Small

I was blown away!!! Looking forward to seeing what the "final product" looks like when I'm officially done!

CONGRATS!! I'm looking forward to going from 10 to 8 too! way to go!

aimeed3
07-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Jenni, I am very sorry to hear about your grandfather. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Us New Orleanians are probably in a good mood right about now since OUR QB signed the contract??? Right?? Where's everyone at?

AMS65
07-13-2012, 04:34 PM

Way to go! Your weight loss is amazing! I had my week 4 WI and I gained a pound!? I am 100% OP and I gained. You always have good solid losses....what is your secret?? I way soo much more, I would think those with bigger numbers would loss faster than you.
I hope this doesn't sound jealous - but I am envious. Just wish my journey looked more like yours.

Hgamroth
07-13-2012, 04:52 PM

You have done amazing! I really want to start exercising but I am so scared it will affect my weight loss. I know you have put up your meal schedule before but I cannot find it. Would you mind posting it again? I would really love to have something to go by and see if it works for me. You are truly an inspiration!

aimeed3
07-13-2012, 05:00 PM

WOW Liz!! What an inspiration you are!! Congrats on all the hard work and losing 3 more lbs. AWESOME

lotusflowerbomb
07-13-2012, 05:00 PM

Congrats! How does it feel?

Delgen
07-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Way to go! Your weight loss is amazing! I had my week 4 WI and I gained a pound!? I am 100% OP and I gained. You always have good solid losses....what is your secret?? I way soo much more, I would think those with bigger numbers would loss faster than you.
I hope this doesn't sound jealous - but I am envious. Just wish my journey looked more like yours.
I think this is pretty common around the 4th - 5th week. If you stay OP it will go down. Just keep moving forward!
:coach::goodluck:

mooselover
07-13-2012, 05:06 PM
My 20th week WI today was not much change. Lost 0 pounds and .75 inches. My coach and I decided I should go on phase 3 for the next few weeks for my surgery on Wednesday the 18th. I will not weigh in again until the 27th and then I will go back on phase 1 to get my body fat % down to under 30%. I was at 33.7% today. Almost there. My phase 3 breakfast when I got home was amazing. I had 2 slices of turkey bacon, whole wheat english muffin with WF orange marmalade, banana, and greek yogurt. OMG it was wonderful!!! I updated my picture with my 20 weeks photo taken today.

Delgen
07-13-2012, 05:09 PM
My 20th week WI today was not much change. Lost 0 pounds and .75 inches. My coach and I decided I should go on phase 3 for the next few weeks for my surgery on Wednesday the 18th. I will not weigh in again until the 27th and then I will go back on phase 1 to get my body fat % down to under 30%. I was at 33.7% today. Almost there. My phase 3 breakfast when I got home was amazing. I had 2 slices of turkey bacon, whole wheat english muffin with WF orange marmalade, banana, and greek yogurt. OMG it was wonderful!!! I updated my picture with my 20 weeks photo taken today.

You look just beautiful!
Good luck with surgery! :hug:

reneepw
07-13-2012, 05:49 PM

You look wonderful! And that breakfast sounds heavenly :) good luck with surgery!

haddy4
07-13-2012, 06:06 PM

WOW you look fantastic :hug:..not gonna lie i drooled a little when i red what you had for breakfast..ha ha

locopollo
07-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Weighed in this morning and I'm down just under 2 pounds for Week 2. :) Been out running errands, and I've worn myself out! I did buy a waffle maker...and I almost bought an ice cream maker, but I suppose I should try it with plastic bags first. :lol:

Going out for dinner tonight with friends. Catch y'all this weekend.

justbecause53
07-13-2012, 06:43 PM

What a beautiful transformation! You look beautiful! Plus a great reward with that fantastic phase 3 breakfast. Good luck on your surgery next week and positive thoughts for a speedy recovery.

vovo
07-13-2012, 06:44 PM
I have a pair of shoes that strap around the ankle that I haven't worn in a few months. The other day, I decided to put them on and noticed that the strap felt more loose than I last recalled.

Even at my heaviest, ive never had what one would call "cankles", so I just dismissed it.

Well, my weigh in today confirmed that I lost 1/2˝ around the ankle. What a weird place to lose fat!! Like everyone else, I wish I could just pick & choose where the fat disappeared.

Where's the most unexpected area you've lost inches? (Ok, go ahead and
chuckle- I didn't know how else to phrase this- it is not meant to be innappropriate).

Kaypix
07-13-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm not a huge disappointment to my doctor, yay!!!!

She seemed pleased with the 40 lbs I lost since the last time I saw her (she's one of those "thin" people, grrrr) moreso than disappointed about the diet that I used to get to this point, muhaha!!! AND on their scale I was only 165.4, fully clothed, WAHOO!!!

usmcvet
07-13-2012, 07:10 PM

Go Girl. You freaking rock. Hottie!!! So what kinda lab work? What about those body fat scales good or junk? My clinic is run by an MD and she doesn't use one. I will try to ask tomorrow at WI.

wow, after a while they are going to ask you to put your own holes in, you're shrinking faster then they can make em LOL, congrats that is wonderful!
Yeah I wish I had one of those leather tools. But there is a Bosnian guy there who make me feel awesome every time I visit. He genuinely makes a big deal about it. I only stop in once a month or so. He is funny as heck.

Us New Orleanians are probably in a good mood right about now since OUR QB signed the contract??? Right?? Where's everyone at?
imam not a Saints fan, or hater. But I AMA Drew Breeze fan. He is an awesome man. And an awesome QB. But his actions off the field are what impress me most. He is the real deal. When he broke a record last year, don't remember what they stopped and recognized him. I remember his comments in the locker room after, thanking everyone, many by name some by position in the club. He is an Awesome Dude. They should have signed him months ago!

I have a pair of shoes that strap around the ankle that I haven't worn in a few months. The other day, I decided to put them on and noticed that the strap felt more loose than I last recalled.

Even at my heaviest, ive never had what one would call "cankles", so I just dismissed it.

Well, my weigh in today confirmed that I lost 1/2˝ around the ankle. What a weird place to lose fat!! Like everyone else, I wish I could just pick & choose where the fat disappeared.

Where's the most unexpected area you've lost inches? (Ok, go ahead and
chuckle- I didn't know how else to phrase this- it is not meant to be innappropriate).

I'm not a huge disappointment to my doctor, yay!!!!

She seemed pleased with the 40 lbs I lost since the last time I saw her (she's one of those "thin" people, grrrr) moreso than disappointed about the diet that I used to get to this point, muhaha!!! AND on their scale I was only 165.4, fully clothed, WAHOO!!!

scentfrmhvn
07-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Today is day 6 for me on the Ideal Protein. I feel great!! Days 1-3 were horrible (AKA headache, hunger pains) but days 4-6 have been amazing. I'm in a great mood, and just go go go!

I bought Ketone Sticks yesterday too! Which only made me feel even better when it told me I am in ketosis

Today is my first weigh in :) wish me luck!

I am also glad that I found this blog / forum!! There is a lot of useful information here.

*Ashlee*

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar083/cartoonfish01/lb/220/140/211/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

usmcvet
07-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Today is day 6 for me on the Ideal Protein. I feel great!! Days 1-3 were horrible (AKA headache, hunger pains) but days 4-6 have been amazing. I'm in a great mood, and just go go go!

I bought Ketone Sticks yesterday too! Which only made me feel even better when it told me I am in ketosis

Today is my first weigh in :) wish me luck!

I am also glad that I found this blog / forum!! There is a lot of useful information here.

*Ashlee*

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar083/cartoonfish01/lb/220/140/211/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Welcome!

mightbe
07-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Bummed myself out today, I knew stepping on my scale at home was a mistake! This is my third week and my weight is up .2 pounds from my weigh-in. I'm trying to take it in stride, I am completely on plan, so it will happen! I'm off to have a cup of tea and read a book, everyone have a good night! :book2:

CarCamMom
07-13-2012, 10:39 PM

Congratulations! So happy for you!!;)

Chloe222
07-13-2012, 10:59 PM
This is said to be true of eating in general... eat meals and snacks when you can devote 100% of your attention to what you're eating. Take the time to thoroughly chew and 'ruminate on' whatever you're putting in your mouth. Otherwise you barely register the taste and texture of the food item and when finished have less sense of satisfaction and enjoyment. In the case of the protein bars, perhaps cut it up into bite-size pieces and savour them slowly - one bit at a time. It takes much longer to eat it that way, and you have a much more 'complete' eating experience. Some people even freeze them and cut up the frozen bar into pieces. Also try having it with a hot cup of tea or coffee... sip some hot tea/coffee between bites/chews of the bar. Really slow down the process. Perhaps when you feel like you've thoroughly enjoyed 1 bar, you won't feel so much like you need/want the second one.

Thanks Evepet,
I need to eat slower and you worded this advice so well.

Halfagain
07-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Hello All,
I took some time today to plot out goals, and what if's around the future. I used Excel, and while I was not planning on doing this, it all just started pouring out on the document as to what what would happen if i lost steadily.

I started with the three dates - begin, week one, week two. I added a bunch more future dates for my weekly weigh ins. I put in formulas to show if i lost 2 pounds a week (realizing that's a goal, not a promise - and weeks will be more some less - but 2 seemed like a reasonable idea for this). I looked at where I would be in 3 months, a year, etc. Then I went back and looked at dates, estimated weight, and totals estimated lost and added a goals section like -25 lb goal, or 30th wedding anniversary, my birthday, "that week" I'm no longer obese but overweight, when would I be normal (my end goal is still above normal by about 8 pounds for my height), -100 lb goal, and when I think I might get there. It has formulas to change estimates into factual numbers as I enter a new weigh in amount.. so it will grow or shrink along with me as number become facts. I'm in high hopes that while the last pounds may take longer, I'll have some smooth sailing up front - we'll see. I'm excited regardless, and this helped me shift from "someday" to working towards some goals. Maybe I'll throw some rewards in there tomorrow for these goals :-)

WI#2 was today -6 lbs, total of -16 in 2 weeks.

Barb

Delgen
07-14-2012, 12:33 AM
Hello All,
I took some time today to plot out goals, and what if's around the future. I used Excel, and while I was not planning on doing this, it all just started pouring out on the document as to what what would happen if i lost steadily.

I started with the three dates - begin, week one, week two. I added a bunch more future dates for my weekly weigh ins. I put in formulas to show if i lost 2 pounds a week (realizing that's a goal, not a promise - and weeks will be more some less - but 2 seemed like a reasonable idea for this). I looked at where I would be in 3 months, a year, etc. Then I went back and looked at dates, estimated weight, and totals estimated lost and added a goals section like -25 lb goal, or 30th wedding anniversary, my birthday, "that week" I'm no longer obese but overweight, when would I be normal (my end goal is still above normal by about 8 pounds for my height), -100 lb goal, and when I think I might get there. It has formulas to change estimates into factual numbers as I enter a new weigh in amount.. so it will grow or shrink along with me as number become facts. I'm in high hopes that while the last pounds may take longer, I'll have some smooth sailing up front - we'll see. I'm excited regardless, and this helped me shift from "someday" to working towards some goals. Maybe I'll throw some rewards in there tomorrow for these goals :-)

WI#2 was today -6 lbs, total of -16 in 2 weeks.

Barb

Barb, I do the exact same thing. It really helps me stay motivated! I look at it every night.

Stefany1769
07-14-2012, 05:06 AM
Usmcvet thank you! :) I know what you mean about getting comfy... I think that's part of my problem too. Plus I have have had a LOT of increased activities in my schedule lately. I have no time for me at all! I'm glad you have identified what you were doing... You are doing so well!!!:D

Drakegirlyou can do this! I'm wishing the whoosh fairy to you!!;)

Kaypix sometimes it's that I'm hungry, most of the time it's that I am busy. I have a high stress job and a very busy home life.
Thanks for the info on the peanuts, that helps a lot. :)

Chloe222 thank you for treating me like I'm one of your family! :hug: I have thought seriously about that.

Rainbowsmilesthank you! You are always so supportive and sweet! I was literally breathing like you told me when I read your post lol :D

Lotusflowerbomb thank you so much for your encouragement :hug:
I have definitely been pre-planning my meals (the night before) some nights when it is midnight and I have to be up at six I just can't seem to push myself to do so. I wish I could say that things slow down a little on the weekends... But they don't.
I confess I have been eating some plain nuts myself, I understand exactly what you mean about wanting them when you don't get your oils in!

Evepet I'm going to try drinking tea when I have a bar! Never would have thought of that, thanks! :D

Wuvthank you! :hug: that is what I tell myself when I am feeling really guilty :p

Samba it really helps to know that I am not the only one that struggles with this. Like Wuv said at least it is an IP product and not a candy bar or something! :hug:

Julied31thank you for the encouragement it helps me to have the support :hug:

Mooselover thanks! I'm glad your visit with your family was fun! :)

Patnsthank you for the encouragement :hug:
Getting off schedule is probably a big part of the problem, along with the fact that my schedule has recently gotten extremely hectic and I haven't found my balance back yet. :)
Do you know if it is ok to have more than one restricted in maintenance if you need to?

delgen thank you! :hug:
I am happy to say that I weighed myself this morning and I was down 2.2 pounds so I don't think I knocked myself out of ketosis! :D YEAY!!

Bttrhalf did you see a different coach the last time? I have seen different ones and they pull the tape at different amounts. :)

Unwaver1ngthank you for this post I used your advice today!