Old 07-13-2012, 03:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 7/13/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by Stefany1769; 07-13-2012 at 03:54 AM.
Stefany1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Ah well, I guess I am still a newby, I didnt get the links to work the way they are supposed to. If anyone knows how please tell me and I will fix it.

I posted this in yesterdays chat, but I am the last of the time zones so I wasn't sure if anyone would see it.

So I am getting really dissapointed in myself. As some of you might have read I went to Valdez for a week (on a boat fulltime) and was battling sea sickness. I ended up eating a lot of extra protien, which hasnt given me a problem... its the restricteds!!! I ate two a day on the boat in an effort to battle the nasea and I made myself even more miserable by feeling really guilty about it.

Now that I am home I am having a hard time NOT eating two restricteds in a day. I am really struggling here.... I feel ridiculous to be this close to goal and I am letting this happen! UGH!!! Im pretty disgusted with myself right now.

So far I was able to have two days in a row that I did not give in to the second restricted. But today I caved again!!! I had found a restricted in one of my bags that I brought on the trip with me. Instead of putting it away, out of sight, I left it sitting on the bar next to where I eat dinner.... The dinner I made was really spicy, and well it went downhill from there. So mad at myself!

These are some of the things I have been doing to keep myself from having more than one:
I have not gone in to my store and resupplied since being back, I have even run out of my chocolate drinks.
I have taken all of the restricteds that I had at work brought them home. I only take one to work with me so I have no choice.
I have made sure to put them out of sight at home... out of sight, out of mind right?
I have been keeping busy. I work all day, come home and then leave a half an hour later to bring my son to football practice, I stay there with him until 8pm, I come home and make dinner and go to bed.

I know that the only thing that will really help me is my own will power, but I want to set myself up for success. What I listed above are some of the steps I have taken in order to make myself more successful. Does anyone have any suggestions, other than throwing all the restricteds out (too expensive for that), that I am not already doing?

Question: Why are nuts bad for us on this diet? Is it the natural amount of carbs in them? Or is it the fat content?

Thank you for any help or encouragement in advance. Oh and I dont think I need tough love, lol I'm already doing that enough for myself....

Last edited by Stefany1769; 07-13-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Stefany1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #3  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

You're still beautiful. Don't be to hard on yourself. You've identified an issue and you are taking care of it. I had a lame week or so too. I didn't gain but doesn't look like much of a

Loss either. I set my next Goa of 125#'s for Thursday August other that is halfway for me. I think I got to comfy once I hit my 100# goal. I wasn't using my journals either.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

It must be a running theme here this week - my WI is tomorrow and I think I'm going to have my first week of no loss - I ate out, but did ask for my food to be cooked correctly, and it's not my TOM - my home scale shows no change -frustrating, but I'm not giving up. Way to go to both of you on your losses so far!
drakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #5  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Stef: I'd say look at the reason for eating the restricteds, are you super hungry? Do they just taste that darned good? Filling a craving spot etc.? And if you are able to determine that you're just that hungry, I'd say replace the restricted with a non and go from there.

Regarding the nuts, I believe it is their natural fat content which is the problem, not the carbs. My MIL (Mother in Law) who did this diet told me if I "needed" a snack to get salted cashews or peanuts and eat 1/2 a serving (1 serving = 1/4 cup so basically like a tiny handful) and eat them one at a time, very slowly. I got wasabe peanuts (holy crap they're hot) so I can only eat literally 2-3 nuts before my mouth feels like it is on fire, it's awesome!
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #6  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Not a good night, my legs were real crampy. Drank my water, took extra potassium, got my salt in, drank some pickle juice and still there. Could be I worked a straight 12 hrs standing all day yesterday! I have another 9 today and didn't get much sleep, oh well. Any suggestions?
Beck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #7  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, it is Friday, finally! I need some down time and some me time. Do you have those times when you just want to be alone? I do and I'm looking forward to this weekend. I live alone so that is no problem for me. I need to clean out some closets anyway. I also bought a new spice rack for the kitchen and it is too tall to fit right now so I need to empty the shelves and move them all up, should keep me busy for a couple of hours. Have a great Friday all!
shathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #8  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm awake I'm awake I'm awake wake wake...and I'm caffeinated!

Hey everyone, not sure if I've been as ghostly as I've felt the last couple of weeks. I've been so exhausted in the mornings that I haven't gotten out of bed until it was time to get ready for the day. I changed all that this morning by getting up with the dogs at 6:30 (usual) and then staying up to REPAINT part of the motorcycle >.< stupid little cover thingies, one peeled a bit so now it's all meh. Anyways, I digress. I made myself a cup of my Kahlua coffee, added my mocha splenda coffee flavoring and my 1/4 carton of EAS Shake and I'm up for the day! I think the shake being used helps balance the caffein, because I get shaky right away if I don't use the shake with the coffee I noticed.

I'm sad because I'm almost out of my EAS drink, my Atkins bars are all gone except the ones with like, 6g of net carbs in them (most of the ones I get at 3-4net carbs) AND my wonder slim products are starting to really dwindle. I don't want to buy more stuff yet as money is tight, and I "can" drink my shake 3 times a day, if I really needed to, but omg I really don't WANT to. It's good, don't get me wrong, but seriously, a chocolate shake for breakfast, lunch and a late snack? Thanks, but no thanks.

I found out possibly that my dog could be developing arthritis in his front "wrist" based on a great deal of googling. My current theory is that he's had arthritis for something like the last few months, but we had him on "Active Mobility" dog food, which had glucosamine and some other anti-arthritis hormones and fats, then when his vet told us he was fat and switched him to straight up weight loss food, the hormones eventually left his system and his joint started acting up. I have to take him to the vet to get it confirmed one way or the other, but in the meantime he's getting tylenol once every other day (they say it can be given every 12 hours but the pain seems to come and go, and too much too frequently can cause upset tummy.) and an ice pack on the wrist when we watch TV at night. He seems to like the cold on it.

Today at work is going to be a short one, I have a doctor appt at 1:50, then am leaving at 4:00 to get ready for Hot Harley Nights (pics will be posted I am sure!) since my mom said me and DH deserved to be treated for all we've done to the bike, the fact that our marriage survived the build (lol, but seriously, it got ugly some nights) and that we've been potentially screwed over by his mom. So DH now has his motorcycle which will be entered in the "V-Rod Class" section of the competition, which is awesome because that means that his biggest competition (which would be choppers or custom builds IMO) is in another class that he won't be competing with. And if he wins (I'm saying WHEN HE WINS in my mind) he gets cash prize and a trophy! Yay trophy! The cash would be nominal, probably not even enough to cover his entrance fee, but it's still the point of the matter, and it'd make him so proud I think. 1st, 2nd and 3rd places all get trophies, but 1st place also gets the cash.

Today I get to run around like a crazy person and take my photo in front of buildings using the letters W-I-S-H (wish) and each photo will be an entry into a raffle for me. The fundraising from this weekend all goes to Make-a-Wish, hence the name. They say the pics can be just whatever, but I want to make them GOOD, not just in front of a Wells Fargo, I-29 (interstate), Sam's Club and Harley Davidson, that just sounds I don't know, pedestrian? So instead I'll be riding around the city finding OLD buildings with painted lettering on the brick facade outside, I already know where I can find my W-I-_-H , just need to find a great letter S floating around somewhere. Yes, more pics will follow! Actually I'll probably just make a photo bucket album and share that, it'd make more sense, as this weekend is going to be FULL of pics of amazing motorcycles, me on mine, DH on his etc etc etc.

I've missed you all, and I'm not sure why I was in a funk the last week or so, but it seems to have lifted...I think? I'll try to check in later after i've had some time to be "productive" at work. Peace out yo!
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #9  
Hard Working Newbie

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Kaypix,

You can give vitamin supplements to your dog with glucosomen if maybe that will help. Also, a lot of my friends have had success with a supplement called The Gift of Life. Google it if you are interested.

~Jenni
Unwaver1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #10  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

NSV

Just called to change a duty belt ordered a few weeks ago from a 52 to a 48! I started with a 60 and I just got a 54 that is already too small!
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Kaypix - I cant wait to see pics!
kmstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Ah well, I guess I am still a newby, I didnt get the links to work the way they are supposed to. If anyone knows how please tell me and I will fix it.

I posted this in yesterdays chat, but I am the last of the time zones so I wasn't sure if anyone would see it.

So I am getting really dissapointed in myself. As some of you might have read I went to Valdez for a week (on a boat fulltime) and was battling sea sickness. I ended up eating a lot of extra protien, which hasnt given me a problem... its the restricteds!!! I ate two a day on the boat in an effort to battle the nasea and I made myself even more miserable by feeling really guilty about it.

Now that I am home I am having a hard time NOT eating two restricteds in a day. I am really struggling here.... I feel ridiculous to be this close to goal and I am letting this happen! UGH!!! Im pretty disgusted with myself right now.

So far I was able to have two days in a row that I did not give in to the second restricted. But today I caved again!!! I had found a restricted in one of my bags that I brought on the trip with me. Instead of putting it away, out of sight, I left it sitting on the bar next to where I eat dinner.... The dinner I made was really spicy, and well it went downhill from there. So mad at myself!

These are some of the things I have been doing to keep myself from having more than one:
I have not gone in to my store and resupplied since being back, I have even run out of my chocolate drinks.
I have taken all of the restricteds that I had at work brought them home. I only take one to work with me so I have no choice.
I have made sure to put them out of sight at home... out of sight, out of mind right?
I have been keeping busy. I work all day, come home and then leave a half an hour later to bring my son to football practice, I stay there with him until 8pm, I come home and make dinner and go to bed.

I know that the only thing that will really help me is my own will power, but I want to set myself up for success. What I listed above are some of the steps I have taken in order to make myself more successful. Does anyone have any suggestions, other than throwing all the restricteds out (too expensive for that), that I am not already doing?

Question: Why are nuts bad for us on this diet? Is it the natural amount of carbs in them? Or is it the fat content?

Thank you for any help or encouragement in advance. Oh and I dont think I need tough love, lol I'm already doing that enough for myself....
I'm going to respond to you as if you were my best friend: DO NOT BUY ANY MORE!! TAKE WHAT YOU HAVE AND HAVE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER STORE THEM FOR YOU.

I know we talk about will power as if its something you either have or don't - but will power is something that is strengthened over time and for many, at this early point in the IP journey, we aren't always paragons of virtue that can just turn our backs on a second bar...so make it easy on yourself adn just don't use them but make it REALLY EASY by not having them remotely available. That's what I'd say to my best friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
NSV

Just called to change a duty belt ordered a few weeks ago from a 52 to a 48! I started with a 60 and I just got a 54 that is already too small!
YAY!! Cookies yesterday and a smaller belt today, how much better can it get!!
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #13  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post

1st....breathe in breathe out....(Mr Miyagi from the Karate Kid)...do it again, breathe in.....breathe out....seriously!! do it!! hahaha
maybe and i am no dr here, but maybe....you are "scared" because you are right there at goal....and maybe subconsciously you are eating extra because you are not prepare for the whole 'i am at goal" routine and what do i do now??? eating extra and keeping you from getting to goal might be your way of "dealing" with that feeling?? I think you GOT THIS!!! I think you already know in your heart that YOU CAN DO THIS!! there is life once you get to goal!! there is IP life....there is normal life...haha. for me, there have been things in my life that i "stopped short" of achieving not because i failed but because i was SCARED OF SUCCESS....i know that doesn't make much sense, but its true...maybe you are scared of your success??? at any rate....know what i think???

stefany

sometimes we just need a hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
consider yourself HUGGED!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #14  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
Not a good night, my legs were real crampy. Drank my water, took extra potassium, got my salt in, drank some pickle juice and still there. Could be I worked a straight 12 hrs standing all day yesterday! I have another 9 today and didn't get much sleep, oh well. Any suggestions?
i have been dealing with leg cramps too, and have not found much of a solution, so will be happy to see some responses. I am getting in everything as prescribed, supplements, water, salt, oil, etc,,,I guess I'm have the opposite of "growing pains"....shrinking pains but i feel your pain!! hang in there !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all, it is Friday, finally! I need some down time and some me time. Do you have those times when you just want to be alone? I do and I'm looking forward to this weekend. I live alone so that is no problem for me. I need to clean out some closets anyway. I also bought a new spice rack for the kitchen and it is too tall to fit right now so I need to empty the shelves and move them all up, should keep me busy for a couple of hours. Have a great Friday all!
enjoy your down time!!!

Just called to change a duty belt ordered a few weeks ago from a 52 to a 48! I started with a 60 and I just got a 54 that is already too small![/QUOTE]

who knew baking cookies would have this effect???
way to go!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 07-14-2012 at 11:42 AM.
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
You are doing so well with weight loss and attitude! I always think reorganizing other things in my life is fun and restful. Enjoy your down time, girl!
dizzyjean is offline   Reply With Quote