Weight Loss Support - Share your NSVs!

View Full Version : Share your NSVs!

LockItUp
07-12-2012, 10:06 PM
I love reading everyone's NSVs, if you have one (or 10) please share!!! I could use the inspiration!

I had one this week -- I hadn't been wearing my engagement ring, just my wedding ring, it was just too tight. I had taken both off about 6 months into my pregnancy (so that was about September I think), and squeezed my wedding ring back on in March I believe. But 2 days ago I decided to see how they both felt on, and it fits just like it did before! WOOHOO.

This one is a scale victory, but worth mentioning -- I weigh less than my hubby again! I happened officially 2 weeks ago, but has stayed that way, so I'm callin' it! That one I'm very excited about! I passed him up during my pregnancy (he was about 200-210 then), and he started losing weight in March when I started, but he was well below me. He sits right around 182-185 right now (he's 6'1"), and I'm solidly below 180 now! :carrot:

carbstart
07-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Amazing Stephanie!

Today, I bought size 28 jeans! It's a bit of vanity sizing but still, it's awesome and they look great.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=42724&stc=1&d=1342147656

KittyKatFan
07-12-2012, 10:58 PM
You achieved a great NSV! Congratulations!

As for me, on July 18, I will have reached one full year of being on this weight loss journey. My NSV this past week was going to the department store to buy some work clothes-literally nothing fit me right anymore, so I had to do it. I saw a suit I liked, but there was no pant size 18. So I tried on the 16 and guess what? They fit! So now I have three new business suits and I have to say, I look pretty kick-*ss in them :)

People must have thought I was making an effort because I had several people tell me how good and slim I looked yesterday when I wore my black suit with a light pink shirt under the jacket. Lots of "nice suit" comments. I had a meeting with my boss' boss, who is the VP of HR, and while she didn't specifically say anything about the suit, it was obvious that I made an impression. I could just tell, you know? The SVP of Marketing also noticed, which was weird because he's so critical of what people wear. I have to admit I looked pretty good :smug: but part of me thought, I must look like a slob most days, given all of the positive comments on how nice I looked!

twinieten
07-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Great NSVs! I can remember how great it was when I could put my wedding ring on again. And those pants... nice a** pants! I can also relate to the great feeling of a new, well fitting outfit.

My NSV isn't that exciting, but it's a milestone. Today I decided that I could no longer get away with size large work pants, and pulled them off the hangers to give them to my XL friend who is also losing weight. Even though they are draw string so I can cinch them up, but they are obviously too baggy. I stopped on my way home and replaced a couple with mediums. I'll replace more as funds become available. Luckily, all the tops still fit just fine.

It was a nice feeling purging my closet!

mimsyborogoves
07-12-2012, 11:27 PM
I can easily see my feet without having to bend over or suck in! :D

LockItUp
07-12-2012, 11:33 PM
@Carbstart - OMG your butt looks amazing in those jeans!!!

These are all great NSVs!!!

darius
07-12-2012, 11:43 PM
I have an NSV coming up on my long range journal, Monday 23 July will be my 8 year "Stop chewing nicotine gum" anniversary.
I stopped smoking on Dec 10, 2002 at 9PM but I continued chewing nicotine gum for about 1.5 years after that.
I know, I know.
My quit date for nicotine gum was 23 July 2004. My 10 year anniversary for stopping smoking is coming up on Dec 10th!

Kitcherella
07-13-2012, 03:30 AM
I was laughing last night because I realised I take up less space in bed.
And I have been smoke-free for 4 months.

We all deserve :congrat:

Dreamer2012
07-13-2012, 08:07 AM
These are all great NSVs! Well done everyone. :)

What I needed to overcome and how I got to the weight I was, was due to my snacking on junk food. I was thinking about it this morning how much better I am.

For takeaways, the last time I had one was around a month ago. For junk food, the last bar of chocolate I had was around two or three weeks ago. But, the other day I was really wanting one so I said to myself I would go get one the following day but instead of getting a regular sized bar, I would get the smaller sized one. I figured that regardless of the size because it had been a long time, I would be satisfied with whatever I got! So the following day came and my mum actually came home with a mars bar and we decided to share it. It was probably the smallest amount of chocolate I've ever had in one go (mars bars are quite small anyway) but I was spot on about being satisfied with that amount.

I'm so proud of myself for having overcome my junk food habits and drinking fizzy drinks. It's like I'm so new person these days with my litres of water and all my fruit each day! And I feel so much better eating these foods rather than wasting the calories on chocolate bars.

Hotaruchan
07-13-2012, 08:08 AM
I can't wear my favorite pair of work pants anymore. I wore them today and the US size 14 waist is now about 5-6'' too big. When I wore a properly fitting belt, they turned into clown pants. Honestly, I was never quite all the way to a 14 so they never really fit, but I had to have them because they match The 10th Doctor's pinstripe suit (hard to find the right color scheme). Go ahead, call me a nerd :p

Also, definitely not a victory, but certainly a change...I got the least subtle eye-undressing ever on the way home from work today. Creeeeeeeepy.

angie7896
07-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Before my weight loss journey I was drinking several cokes a day. Now it is more like 1 a week. One of my things was that I HAD to have a coke if I ate pizza. Last week I was packing my lunch (Lean Cuisine pizza) and I was putting the Coke in my bag and thought "I dont even want this" and put it away!
Its funny how eating better creeps up on you...

CindylouWho
07-13-2012, 09:11 AM
I love NSV's!

I have been amazed at how the small things keep me motivated!

I am newly able to fit comfortably into a size 10 (woo hoo!), and decided to treat myself to a new dress. I have always stayed away from dresses with belts, but I thought "What the heck!". So it is a knee length one piece, with a wide belt.

As I put it on yesterday, my son (he is 6 years old), came in to the room and just stood looking at me for the longest time. Out of the blue, he smiled the most precious smile and said, "Wow, Mom! Your waist is really getting tiny!"

Talk about an NSV! I think his compliment meant more to me than if a smokin hot guy had said it, because I know it comes truly from the heart! :love:

scout83
07-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Wow, CindylouWho, that is an awesome compliment.

My non NSV is just feeling better. I've been trying to eat clean for a few weeks now, relying heavily on food from the farmer's markets, and the effect has been incredible. And I'm hitting my groove with the food, figuring out what I like, what works best for me, loving trying out new recipes for fresh, simple food. I just...feel great. :)

twinieten
07-13-2012, 11:31 AM
I had a cool little NSV at my exercise class today. Often our class is in a room that is without mirrors, but today it was in the room with mirrors. I had a chance to watch myself exercise in a full length mirror for the first time in a few months. I could see a difference! My stomach didn't stick out as much, catching my shirt for that ever so lovely 6-months-pregnant-but-not-pregnant look. I could also see some muscle definition where none existed before! Wow! Still a ways to go, but these are the small things that just launch me forward another day!

Burg
07-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Loving all your NSVs! Congrats to all!

I had my first the other day...I realized that my belly was going back into smaller rolls rather than one giant piece of flab! Hahaha I will take it!

shoeluver67
07-13-2012, 12:36 PM
i feel stupid...what does NSV stand for?

ApeyGirl
07-13-2012, 12:40 PM
My NSV is that I have a pair of pajama pants that were skin tight on me just two months ago and now they fit loosely again.. yay :)

Also.. I took a progression pic a couple of days ago and compared it to a month ago.. and I can tell that my back fat is slowly disappearing.. I still have it but it's less now.

LockItUp
07-13-2012, 01:08 PM
i feel stupid...what does NSV stand for?

Non-scale victory. Don't feel stupid!!!

judipurple
07-13-2012, 01:55 PM
To all these great NSV's - :cheer3::woohoo::cheer2:

Lost an inch and a half off my waist! And in spite of a lousy day (emotionally) yesterday, I did NOT use food to comfort and numb me...for me, that is a HUGE NSV!!!

Lunula
07-13-2012, 03:37 PM
I love reading all of these!!

I've been at this for about a year and a half now and I've tons of NSVs - but most recently, DH and I went on a amazing vacation overseas and halfway through he commented, "I can't believe that you want to be in all the photos, you always used to run and hide at the first sight of a camera!" - he was right! We made about a dozen new friends on this trip and I can safely say it never would've happened without all the confidence I've gained as I have dropped the weight.

And I have some fabulous photos of myself for the first time in YEARS! :carrot:

Astrild
07-13-2012, 03:42 PM
I've been buying new shorts this past week, and have pretty consistently been fitting into a size 4... It's a little tight, but I'm happy. That's the size I've been aiming for all along. I still want to fit more comfortably though...I feel kind of on the edge.

CanadianMomma
07-13-2012, 07:06 PM
shoeluver67 I was just about the post the same thing when I saw your comment.

My NSV: I can feel my hipbones lol.

Hotaruchan
07-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Out of morbid curiosity, I wandered into a clothing store today. The heat has been absolutely unbearable of late, and it's only going to get worse next month...so I figured that looking into shorts wouldn't be a bad idea. I made a beeline for the plus section, as that was the only place I found pants that fit last time I was looking, but they had no shorts. Without much hope, I picked up a pair of the largest size I could find in the normal section (a 70 cm waist...which translates to about 27.6'') and wandered into the dressing room. To my great surprise, they fit! They had almost no give to them either...I'm not saying that they fit WELL (no muffin top, but the thighs were squishily tight), but considering that my last pair was a 76 cm waist, I did a little happy dance. Had they not made an announcement that it was closing time while I was still in the fitting room, I would have bought them just because I could squeeze into them :D

CanadianMomma: Hurray for hipbones! You can hardly see mine if I'm standing, but now they pop out when I'm lying in bed at night. I'd actually be really happy with my hip and butt area right now if not for the belly pooch in the middle getting in the way >.<

Astrild: Congrats! At this point I think that my dream size is a 6, but as I really don't have access to American clothes atm in anything smaller than the 12s I brought with me, I have no idea how much farther off that is...

Lunula: I informed my boyfriend over Skype today that when he comes and visits, we're taking a billion pictures together. He kinda stared at me a minute before asking "YOU want pictures?" I generally used to dive under tables if I saw a camera pointed in my direction, and as a result I only have one crappy webcam picture of us together...not fun when we live 10,000 miles apart.

Judipurple: Huzzah for loss AND self-control!

Apeygirl: Backfat is the worst! KICK ITS BUTT!

Everyone is doing AWESOME! Keep it up :D

Brid
07-15-2012, 07:50 AM
I got back on the exercise bike after a fortnight's hiatus yesterday. Had to hold my sweating trousers up with my hands until I was sitting on the bike. My belly roll's shrunk too much to hold them up! (No net weight loss or gain in that two weeks, so things must just be rearranging in there.)

Precious Little
07-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Hey y'all! It's so exciting to hear about all your NSVs!

Not sure if I told anyone about this yet, but I was so thrilled to look in the mirror a few days ago and saw (I"m sure I wasn't imagining it), the beginnings of a four pack!!

Yaaaaay!! :woohoo:

The most I could ever get for a long time was just a couple little lines down the sides. May seem trivial to some, but this just made me soooo happy, some folks (DH included) just... don't... get... it... !! So it's good that I can share with you good people.

Keep up the good work everyone!

lm3898
07-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Hi all - congrats to everyone for your amazing NSV's - these are my favorite - I don't weigh myself so I LOVE the NSV's!

I have a few - this is the first vacation where I worked out 6 out of 7 days and was active every day.

This is also the first vacation where I posted a BIKINI pic on facebook - woohoo

AAAND I am officially 3.5 months smoke-free!
BOOM!

Have a great day everyone!

Dottington
07-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Great NSVs everyone!!!!

This weekend for the first time ever I was able to do an intense day of hiking and the very next day went out hiking and rock climbing. Never before have I been able to do consecutive days of intense exercise :)

LeilaJey
07-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Bought a pair of trousers size UK8 in a second hand shop today and they fit! They're a little tight but they still fit. I had bought them to use as encouragement as I like to try things on every week to see how I'm doing.. I was pretty confused but happy too :) I know it's vanity sizing but hey, it was still a surprise.

luckystreak
07-16-2012, 03:40 PM
5 minutes ago I bought myself some onion rings cos I missed them so much. Ate 3 and threw everything else out cos I just couldn't do that to myself. That was INSANE to me lol

ELBS717
07-16-2012, 06:56 PM
I found out yesterday that I've gained back two pairs of jeans from my closet. :-D

Northernrose
07-16-2012, 07:26 PM
I found out yesterday that I've gained back two pairs of jeans from my closet. :-D

This happened to me the other day. It's like free shopping!

guacamole
07-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Great NSV's! Mine is that I biked 7.5 miles today! Woo hoo! Also, I went to the dentist, and the receptionist hadn't seen me in 6 months. She didn't recognize me, and came over to tell me how great I looked and that I was 1/3 of my former self. She asked me how I did it, etc, etc. She is someone who has always been complimentary toward me, even at my highest weight, so I appreciated her compliments because I know they come from the heart.

Steph7409
07-16-2012, 07:58 PM
I love reading these.

I had an NSV yesterday: I went hiking on the hottest, most humid day we've had all summer and made it to the top of the waterfall ahead of my canine companions. I felt really fit.

Also, I finally mastered odd count peyote stitch, but that has nothing to do with weight loss.

LockItUp
07-16-2012, 08:12 PM
I fit into my mystery pants today! There is no size tag in them, but I think they are 14s. Came at just the right time too because all my dress pants are huge.

IsobelRose22
07-17-2012, 04:17 AM
My favourite NSV is this:

Start: Waist-38inches
Thigh-29inches

Now: Waist-28.5inches
Thigh-22inches

My Waist is now smaller than my thigh was at the start!!!

LaurieDawn
07-17-2012, 12:17 PM
These are AWESOME. Mine is silly, but feels awesome to me nonetheless. I was on the treadmill and noticed my shoe was untied. I paused the treadmill and bent down and tied it. No struggling. No needing to find a bench. Just tied it.

Elladorine
07-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Pulled out a pair of jeans I bought years ago that I've never been able to wear. I've got a bit of a muffin top, but probably won't have it much longer. :) And my newest "skinny" jeans get loose around the waist after I wear them a few hours.

My bridal set is getting loose, as well as the ring I got for Christmas last year.

Feeling more agile in general. We've got a new puppy so we've blocked off the kitchen area by setting the pet carrier up against the couch. I step over the corner of the couch easily (it has no back on the one side) but it was a struggle when we did the same thing for our other puppy last year.

I'm handling the Vegas heat so well! It used to about kill me when it rose above 100 but I've been dealing with 110+ just fine this summer!

I put my contacts in every day! Which doesn't seem to be an NSV but it's a sign that I'm feeling good and want to take better care of myself. :)

sept2012
07-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Now that I know what NSV stands for I love this post. I hate thinking in terms of numbers on the scale although to get through the weight loss I understand the number is important and it does keep you accountable.

My NSV for this week is I went from a 2X (18-20) dress to a 1X(16-18) dress size.

gailr42
07-17-2012, 04:52 PM
This is such a fun thread! I love the idea of "free shopping" in your own closet. Last time I cleaned out my closet, I only kept the things I really liked, in several different sizes, so after a while I will get to "shop" too.

Anyway, my NSV is that after almost a full month of eating better quality food, I feel much better! I have only lost 16 lbs, but I can more easily bend over to cut my toenails and put my lace-up shoes on. The waistband of my pants is just a tad looser. Putting on the shoes is important because they are my walking shoes!

HungryHungryHippo
07-17-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm going to see someone I haven't seen for years, and realized I'm around the same weight I was last time I saw her, when I was getting ready for my wedding.

I dropped some shorts off at the tailor today, and realized I'm about the same weight as I was last time I saw him--when I was getting ready for my sister's wedding!

MyLilSweetPeas
07-18-2012, 12:24 AM
Maybe not a big deal to some but today I got up and moving around even though I really really didn't want to. Not only did I do it, but I walked 1 1/2 miles on the treadmill, I got on the wii fit for a while and after dinner I walked a mile around the park. I also drank more water than I did yesterday. It's been a good day :-)

gailr42
07-18-2012, 01:17 AM
MyLilSweetPeas: It is a big deal - you know it is! Good for you.

westcoast rosa
07-18-2012, 01:35 AM
Great thread! Last month I started training for an 8k in October and tonight I ran the longest and farthest yet.

Hotaruchan
07-18-2012, 05:55 AM
I turned down free ice cream! I went to a water park this weekend and ran into another non-Japanese person who was even more excited than I was to find someone who spoke English (he doesn't speak Japanese, lol)...so we were talking and he tried to buy me an ice cream crepe (which looked AMAZING) and I stuck to my guns and didn't eat it :D Stupid victory is stupid. It then occurred to him that "Oh, you're a little bigger than Japanese women, aren't you? Are you concerned about your weight?" When I repeated that I'd just had lunch and wasn't hungry, he smiled knowingly and informed me that I was very pretty. *Insert turning every color of the rainbow and namedropping my boyfriend way more than was probably necessary*

sept2012
07-18-2012, 08:21 AM
I put on a dress this morning that I wore a few weeks ago. Its loose in the shoulders and stomach. Thats a victory!

retrogirl
07-18-2012, 08:53 AM
I totally stopped snoring...leading to a good night's rest every night! WOW!
I get up earlier too, full of energy!
All my undies and pants are baggy in the bum! haha!

mahtha
07-18-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm wearing a dress I last wore about a month ago - with spanx. Today: with thong :)

HungryHungryHippo
07-18-2012, 04:35 PM
I came across an app that compares your BMI to other people your age in the US, and around the world. I couldn't believe my results!! (Better than Japan?!) That certainly wouldn't have been the case, many other times in my life!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328

JossFit
07-18-2012, 04:46 PM
I've been packing for my trip to Vegas and just packed two "Vegas" dresses that I've had for years but haven't worn because they didn't fit.

:carrot:

Hotaruchan
07-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Completely unrelated, but Retrogirl, I love your avi...

Garnet2727
07-18-2012, 07:00 PM
I can shave my legs again. When I first started this weight loss effort, I was so big, so stiff and in so much pain that I'd stopped shaving my legs for over two years. I couldn't bend or reach to do it. Now? Well, I'm still uncomfortable shaving in the shower for fear of falling but I've a nice little electric shaver that does the job. I put a towel down on the floor and sit on a little foot stool that I have. I can bend and reach easily now!

retrogirl
07-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Completely unrelated, but Retrogirl, I love your avi...

Everyone needs a Doctor ;)

HungryHungryHippo
07-19-2012, 06:38 PM
I wish this board had a "like" feature! So many I want to give thumbs up! (Have fun in Vegas, JossFit! You are going to look HAWT!!

RRB2
07-19-2012, 07:15 PM
I was measuring for a new bra (the band measurement) and it's 2" less than 4 weeks ago! I do mostly strength training, so the scale moves very slowly for me, but...I decided to measure my waist-2" off and hips -4" off!

I love everyone's NSVs! Keep them coming!

Dottington
07-20-2012, 12:47 AM
managed to increase my uphill, 9000ft+ elevation hiking speed to 2mph. When I started, I couldn't even hike at elevation. Even at sea level going uphill I went .7mph. That was just 5 months ago so I'm really happy!

twinieten
07-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Pulled out all of my old 36C bras! I finally dropped that cup size! Finally! I bought a bunch of nice Victoria's Secret bras as a reward for my weight loss last time. It sure felt good to see those again!

sept2012
07-20-2012, 08:52 AM
I cant wait for that day. I am currently a 40C and I need to be
38 to shop VS. Good for you!

Hotaruchan
07-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Huzzah! Another silly one! I got the STUPIDEST sunburn last weekend because I decided to go biking for 2 hours in a sundress over a cross-back bra. While attempting to take a picture of my stupid burn to show my mother, I naturally had to take off my shirt...and *gulp* show my back rolls to the camera. But wait...in the photo there was only one! ONE! ONE BACK ROLL, AH HA HA! Not that I'd actually counted before, but that's definitely an improvement. As my back is my 3rd biggest problem area, I'm calling it a victory >:-)

LockItUp
07-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Today I did 20 real push ups! I had gotten to over 40 modified push ups and someone said to me "What are you doing!? If you can do THAT many modified push ups straight you should just be doing regular push ups!" So I tried, and I could!

Mary79
07-21-2012, 05:29 PM
My favorite NSV happened several months ago. I realized one day that I actually weighed LESS than it says on my driver's license (believe me, it was way off). The first time that has ever happened, except maybe when I was 16 and got my first license!

Garnet2727
07-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Before I started losing weight, just going grocery shopping was a painful excursion. My weight greatly exacerbated the arthritis in my knee and killed my feet and ankles. I could only walk very slowly. I had actually gotten to the point that I was considering riding one of those electric carts.

Today, in the grocery store, my husband actually said to me, "Woman! Slow down a bit!" He was having trouble keeping up with me. Then later on, he asked if I wanted to go with him to Lowe's. I said, "Sure. I could use the exercise." His response? Big grin.

I walked for over an hour today. While my feet, ankles and knee are a little sore, it's nothing compared to the kind of pain I used to experience just doing the grocery shopping.

Steph7409
07-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Garnet, good work! Feeling better is such a great reward.

My NSV: I saw a sign for a big sale at the Talbot's outlet, so I went in. I was actually able to shop there without feeling like a poseur.

Misti in Seattle
07-22-2012, 05:14 PM
I love reading all your NSVs! Way to go, everyone.

I had one this weekend... decided to go to Catherine's for a few new blouses/tops. Everything I kept trying on was too big so I had to go to the smaller sizes. The tops I bought do run a bit big but still it was nice to have to buy the 2X ones. I bought 3 and then also bought 3 of the same thing in a size 1X, which I have nicely tucked away in a drawer... for now! :)

gailr42
07-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Love Talbots. They would probably think I was a "poseur" if I only weighed 12 lbs. LOL! Congratulations, Steph!

Misti, smart shopping! Congrats on a size smaller.

Dottington
07-23-2012, 12:09 AM
I love this NSV thread :) everyone's are so inspiring and make me so happy to read. Its nice to focus on something besides the scale....

Anyways, mine is that I did 12 hours of hiking this week at elevation :D There have been weeks when I've done more hours, but this is the most hours of a certain type of very difficult exercise.

Misti in Seattle
07-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Great job, Dottington!

lilkel244
07-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Mine is silly but I was excited. I love to take bubble baths. Light a candle, bring a book and some wine and relax in the bathtub before bed. Before I barely fit in the tub and my belly always stuck out above the water and got cold. I had been so busy I just haven't had time to have one in months. Last night (after my 20 lb weight loss) I climbed in the tub and was shocked about how much better i fit. My wide hips no longer touch both sides and my belly stays happily under the water! I couldn't believe the difference!

judipurple
07-24-2012, 10:06 AM
I needed a NSV this week - the numbers have slowed to a stop (even up a bit:()...so, out came the measuring tape. Since the beginning of June I have lost 2 1/2 inches from my waist!!!!:flow1::goodvibes:flow1:

I'll take it! I know the numbers on the scale will start moving again, but to be reminded that change is happening even when the scale doesn't show it - well, it is a relief!

Hotaruchan
07-26-2012, 06:34 PM
I found out today that I'm lighter than my boyfriend :D Mind you, that should be a given since he's 6'' taller than me, but it still made me do a little happy dance. Particularly since it's a much bigger gap than I thought it would be...

gailr42
07-26-2012, 06:39 PM
My DH and I went to Costco [again!]. Every time we go, it gets easier for me to walk from the car, in some remote location, to the store, around the store etc. I don't get out of breath and my feet don't hurt so much.

Garnet2727
07-26-2012, 07:36 PM
I rode my stationary bike for 30 minutes today. I know that doesn't sound like a whole lot but when I first got it, I could only ride for 5 minutes.

Misti in Seattle
07-26-2012, 08:14 PM
These are wonderful NSVs. And EVERY NSV is a "big one!" Please keep sharing.

scout83
07-26-2012, 08:28 PM
These are wonderful MSVs. And EVERY NSV is a "big one!" Please keep sharing.

Totally love them! It's so helpful to read these.

My recent NSV: I got sick and stayed on track! I usually have the best intentions but after getting well, it's like, wheee food! And then I completely overindulge. But I'm still the same me, sticking with my new(ly forming) healthy habits. Eating good things and feeling good about it.

Misti in Seattle
07-29-2012, 06:30 PM
That is a great one, Scout. Thanks for sharing.

I had a couple of NSVs today. First someone at church commented on my weight loss.

Then it was time for my pool workout and I had a dilemma. My swim shorts have gotten so big on me I have a hard time keeping them on! A couple weeks ago I tried on my smaller pair and could not get them over my butt. Well today I tried and was able to get them on. LOL they worked fine in the pool but when I started to get out I could feel them starting to roll down! Fortunately I was the only one in the pool. I jumped back into the pool and pulled them up and had to hold onto them while I climbed out and put on my big shirt. LOL definitely best lose a few more pounds FAST.

Hotaruchan
07-29-2012, 06:41 PM
I posted some pictures on facebook yesterday and had 2 different people inform me that I looked like I'd lost a lot of weight. I think they're the first (at 30 lbs in) because either I'm too huge still for Japanese people to notice (one woman was complaining about weighing 42 kg at lunch on Friday >.<) or because they're too polite to point out how massive I was before :p

Also, I can wear size M dresses now. (And one that's technically not really NS, I've dropped 5 BMI points and am halfway to goal :D)

tinneranne2
07-29-2012, 07:46 PM
I love NSVs because the scale is not a great measurement of body transformation, its just convenient. Also because while saying "I dropped 5lbs!" is an awesome thing worth celebrating...I find it much more satisfying to hear about something that happened in someones life.

For instance: I have wanted a hello kitty tattoo on my hip for..um..ever. I always thought "I'll get it when I lose weight." "I'll get it when my stomach is flat" "I'll get it when I can wear a bikini"

Heres the thing. I've had a baby. A BIG baby. My stomach is stretchmarked and misshapen from loose skin like nobody's business. Its been 7 years. It isn't going to magically become taught and sexy no matter how much I lose. And ya know what? I love Hello Kitty.

Attachment may be considered NSFW due to the location of the tattoo. If lady-hip offends anyone, please let me know so I can take it down asap.

Burg
07-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Loving that tattoo! Looks great!

Is there a competition for most ridiculous NSV? If so, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. At my highest weight I sat down on the toilet a couple of times with the seat up and I didn't even realize until afterwards. Today, I almost fell in the toilet and had to grab for the walls to save myself! :lol:

Misti in Seattle
07-29-2012, 09:31 PM
LOL Burg, actually that is a super idea for an entire thread!! Yours would certainly be a good starter. That even tops my smaller size swim suit bottom rolling down my butt when I tried to get out of the pool!!!

Why don't you start a thread? It would be hilarious and popular!!

gailr42
07-29-2012, 09:58 PM
tinneranne2, love the tattoo. I don't really like the all-over tattoo look, probably because I am an old lady, but yours is classy.

Burg, you win a prize for that one. I am LOL!!!

Dottington
07-29-2012, 11:09 PM
misti haha well that's awesome the smaller size is now too small!

Mine is I did 30 miles of hiking this week :)

LaurieDawn
07-29-2012, 11:42 PM
That tattoo is super fun!

I got my first "notice" a few days ago. It's a highly-suspect notice. We were comparing schedules to try and find a time to meet later that day, and I mentioned going to the gym. He said, "Oh, have you been going to the gym lately?" Only after I said "yes," did he say, "I can tell. You look really good."

Yeah, right. But you know what? So don't care. It counts as a notice.

Misti in Seattle
07-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Ummmmm well actually it would be awesome if the smaller size *wasn't* too small LOL. But at least I can get into them; I'll just have to get some more fat off of my butt fast, ha. And I have these in four sizes and I am now in the next to smallest size.

Dottington
07-30-2012, 12:04 AM
misti lol whoops didn't check what I wrote I didn't mean that it was good that it was too small, but that you could get into them :p

Hotaruchan
07-30-2012, 03:15 AM
Scratch what I said this morning about Japanese people not noticing because I'm still too much of a whale...one of my co-workers that I've maybe talked to once or twice before needed to do some work on my computer today and informed me that my face was looking very thin and pretty. Awww...warm fuzzies.

And on the toilet thing, it's another victory that you managed to catch yourself...I've gotten a horribly unwelcome surprise more than once >.<

Hotaruchan
07-31-2012, 03:37 AM
Today's school is next to a really cheap clothing store...so I went in. Whose fat butt is currently sitting in 69 cm waist jeans and a size M top? THIS GUY'S :D

Misti in Seattle
07-31-2012, 04:06 AM
Congrats, Hotaruchan!!

I had an NSV at work yesterday. At lunch I was trying to decide whether to just have cottage cheese and fruit or to also have a 3-oz tuna packet. I was deciding to have the tuna because... I thought... "I need something substantial." Then it dawned on me that I was automatically thinking of 3 ounces of tuna as "something substantial." LOLOL

LaurieDawn
07-31-2012, 11:37 AM
I wish this site had a like button - especially for this thread! What great NSVs. Thin and pretty! . Getting satisfaction from three ounces of tuna. So grateful for reminders that good things happen along the journey, rather than just at the end. Thanks for the reminder.

Misti in Seattle
07-31-2012, 11:57 PM
Yes, a Like button would definitely be a good thing, ha

ikesgirl80
08-01-2012, 11:57 PM
My NSV today? My personal trainer was trying to train me today, and I kept saying obnoxious things to him... With the sole intent of him "punishing" me, by making me do more. AND laughing while doing it. Oh, and being told I am "eye candy" by more than one person at the gym today doesn't hurt either!

caramelkitty
08-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Loving the NSV's!!!!!!!!

Here's mine: My legs look tiny!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album/263956-nsv-legs.html)

Misti in Seattle
08-02-2012, 04:41 AM
Woohooooo and not just your legs! Just look at the rest of that body! Congratulations

Garnet2727
08-02-2012, 08:15 PM
I went shopping today for pants for work. I hadn't bought any new pants since I started this weight loss effort last January when I was a size 26. I bought seven pair of pants today, all size 20. And one pair is red. Bright freaking tomato red. I bought a pair of red pants! Size 20 red pants! *sits down and giggles*

Mer du Japon
08-02-2012, 08:44 PM
I got home before my boyfriend, had dinner, ate my allotted calories for the day. He comes home and says he is craving chili's and asked me if I wanted to go-even offered to pay for me. I had to fight the urge to go and stuff myself but I managed to stay strong and refuse to go. I'm so proud of myself!

Hotaruchan
08-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Awesome job, everyone!

I love this thread too much for it to sink down into oblivion...so I'm going to bump it with a non-scale, non-weight loss victory. Yesterday BOTH of my bike tires popped (I must have hit some broken glass in the road or something) and there are no repair shops in town. Last time I had a popped tire, I went to the place where I bought the bike, bought the parts, and they installed it for me. This time they told me that they'd have to send it to the factory and it would take 10+ days.

Well...I fixed the damn thing myself. I have no mode of transportation aside from my bike and my feet, and the town's so spread out that most everything is outside of a reasonable walking distance. One of my neighbors helped me with the back tire last night (it took 3 1/2 hours even with help because the chain and gears are wonky) and this morning I replaced the front one, oiled the chain, and washed my bike in under an hour. Time to make up for lost rides from last night :D

GobabyGoGO
08-03-2012, 09:26 PM
my leisurely walking and talking at the same time pace is up to 2.5mph

Misti in Seattle
08-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Garnet, Mer du Japon, Hotaruchan

:cheer: :cheer3: :cheer2: :cheer:

Way to go, all of you!!

I went to a work meeting yesterday where they had big trays of meats, cheeses and... best of all... guacamole with chips! I passed it all up and had a plate of carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumber slice, broccoli piece and 2 tomato chunks.

Steph7409
08-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Hotaruchan, good job. I love it when I figure out how to fix things myself, even if it takes a long time.

Here's my latest NSV: I went to lunch with a friend yesterday and had a good meal, a turkey sandwich with homemade potato chips. My friend is a chocolate lover like myself, so we splurged and got dessert as well. That meal was probably 1200 calories, so I didn't eat dinner. In the past, I would have eaten dinner anyway, even if I wasn't hungry. I like feeling that I can splurge without going too far off track.

Misti in Seattle
08-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Steph, that is a wonderful NSV!! You can still enjoy your time out with a friend and have a special treat -- but then make up the difference later so you have had a wonderful day with a friend without guilt! Good for you!!!

LuvMyMr
08-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Today I bent over and cut, filed and painted my toes. All ten of them!!! I could not bend over to touch them for a long time and now I did today and painted them a beautiful purple color. :) I can now save $25 twice a month because I used to have them done at the shop. Not anymore!!!! I am dancing and excited by this!

Misti in Seattle
08-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Congratulations, LuvMyMr! How exciting!!!

gailr42
08-04-2012, 09:38 PM
I ordered a couple of nice, feminine night gowns as a reward for loosing 20 lbs. instead of rewarding myself with ice cream, cheese cake, chocolate etc.

Misti in Seattle
08-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Way to go, Gail!!!

I have one. I have degenerative arthritis in one hip so I have that to contend with also in pulling my fat self out of the pool. Usually I have to lay down my water weights and grab the hand rail with both hands to haul myself out and up the steps. The last two days I have simply tucked my water weights under one arm, grabbed the rail with the other hand, and up the steps I went!!

theone
08-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Congrats to all you guys!

I got my mile time down to 11 mins this week. When I first started running it was 14 mins a mile. Hopefully someday it will be 9mins!

Hotaruchan
08-05-2012, 11:22 AM
NSV? This photo:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/313668_10100865579977672_1936033440_n.jpg

Okay, so my yukata apparently decided to come loose, but I'm smiling without having my chipmunk cheeks take over my entire face and standing next to a woman who MAYBE weighs 125 lbs soaking wet without looking like a whale.

Garnet2727
08-05-2012, 12:22 PM
I had a cheat night this week. Hubs and I went to a Mexican restaurant here in town and I'd decided prior to going that I wasn't going to track and I was going to have whatever I wanted. So, did I have beefy nachos dripping with cheese or a deep fried chimichanga? Did I load up on chips and salsa? Did I top it all off with a decadent dessert? No. I had two grilled shrimp tacos with cilantro/lime rice. I didn't even eat all the rice.

I really did eat what I wanted. I selected the dinner on the menu that was the most appealing to me and it turned out to be a healthy choice. I enjoyed my meal and stopped eating when I was full. I walked out of the restaurant satiated but not stuffed and bloated. For me, that's a victory.

Misti in Seattle
08-05-2012, 06:38 PM
These are wonderful NSVs!!! So glad you shared! I love reading them and sharing your victories.

I had one this morning. My doctor had commented to me recently that I need to be sure to take progress pix. Well...there were a couple of photos that were taken at a work event recently and posted on the company page. I was mortified. BUT I downloaded them and emailed them home for progress photos.

This morning I decided to get out the camera and take some pix in the mirror. I was stunned at the difference! Also, I realized that the blouse I just bought 3 weeks ago was hanging all over me... and it is a 2X!!! I have a 1X like it but it is still a bit snug so will just wear the too big one for now. But now the largest thing I can wear at Catherine's is a 2X and they are starting to get big on me. At this rate it won't be long until I am outa there and into regular size shops.

Steph7409
08-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Misti and Garnet, those are great victories! Good work.

Hotaruchan, you are a lovely young woman (I'm old enough to be your mother, so I can say such things).

Today's NSV was that I really, really didn't want to do my workout today (20 minutes on my recumbent bike and then an hour of weight training) but I did it anyway, and it felt great! I love me some endorphins.

Hotaruchan
08-06-2012, 10:53 AM
It's always rough working out when it's the last thing you want to think about doing...good on you for pushing through and taking care of business! (And thank you...I don't take compliments well at all, but that's a very nice thing for you to say.)

Hotaruchan
08-11-2012, 03:02 AM
Wow...nothing in almost a week on this one?

I have another silly one. I was at the mall today (well, and yesterday and the day before because I found it and it seemed like good exercise to bike the half hour there, spend a few hours walking briskly in air conditioning, then bike uphill slightly more than half an hour back)...and there was a guy handing out pamphlets for a gym on the 3rd floor. The gym is WAY too expensive (about $110/month with the current exchange rate), so I hadn't really given it much thought. The guy was trying to give pamphlets to anyone who passed, but when I walked past (giving him a pretty wide arc of space because I already knew that I didn't want to join) the guy CHASED ME DOWN. Generally when people hand things out in Japan, if you walk past and don't immediately take what they're offering, they back down and try to hand it to the next person. This is generally doubly true with foreigners, since people are always nervous that you don't speak enough Japanese to understand their sales pitch.

BUT HE CHASED ME. Finally I stopped and he handed me a pack of tissues with the gym's information and told me that he thought I'd like them because I looked like someone who liked to exercise. I was a little confused, since I'm still clearly almost twice the size of most Japanese girls my age and asked why he thought that. He informed me that I had incredibly nice muscles for a woman, especially in my legs (I was wearing a mini skirt because it was hot and...well...f-it...It's my birthday and I'll wear a mini skirt if I want to :D ). He then gave me the full-out pitch, ignoring the fact that it's a Saturday, so TONS of other people were going by who may have actually been able to use the information. In the end I told him that it was probably too far from my home since I have to ride a bike everywhere, but thank you. He gave me his card and told me that if I wanted a consultation, I should ask for him.

So...TL;DR: a trainer at a gym tried his damnedest to get me to join because he thought I had nice legs :p

Steph7409
08-11-2012, 01:32 PM
That's a great compliment! I have pretty good legs, too, and recently got a similar remark about my muscles. I think it's extra-gratifying because we have to work to get those muscles.

A bit of an NSV yesterday: a cricket in my house woke me up at 3:30 yesterday morning and I never got back to sleep (it was in my bedroom and sounded like a police whistle, right by my ear). I ended up getting to my office by 6:30 because I had a lot to do. I felt like I ate and ate and ate all day but when I logged it, it turned out I hadn't done too badly after all. Being tired really ramps up my appetite, so I was pleased that I didn't totally go off the rails. Maybe some of this stuff is starting to stick!

Elladorine
08-11-2012, 01:43 PM
I went window shopping a couple of days ago and fit into an 18 jeans and an XL ladies' tee! I was ready to cry . . . I used to be so big that not even Lane Bryant had jeans that I could fit into, and I sometimes wore a 4X in men's so my shirts wouldn't fit me like sausage casing. :dizzy:

Dottington
08-11-2012, 02:57 PM
hotaruchan-haha that's really flattering! Also hope you had a great birthday!

steph great job! I always eat more when I don't get enough sleep too.

Mine is going on my mountaineering trip to the sierras this past week. I did things I didn't even know were physically possible(like carrying a 70lb pack to 12,000ft, setting up a tent in a hail storm on a cliff, pretty much saved my brothers life when he started to suffer from severe altitude sickness, helped my sister down the mountain when she injured herself, exercised 47 hours in 4 days, and did it all while pretty much starving since it was physically impossible to eat enough). Also touched a glacier and washed my hair in a glacier melt river which was pretty neat :D

Steph7409
08-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Dottington, your trip sounds exciting and scary! I hope your siblings are okay. It must be great to have confidence in your physical abilities.

I enjoy reading books about mountain climbing (I'm reading Ed Viesturs' latest book) but am quite sure I wouldn't enjoy actually doing it.

Chrissy31
08-11-2012, 11:19 PM
I bought a pair of size 14 jeans today.....4 jean size's smaller :)

Dottington
08-13-2012, 09:47 AM
steph thanks! yeah they're doing fine :)

chrissy that's wonderful!

This is kind of a silly one but yesterday I went clothes shopping since nothing fits me anymore and I bought everything in the juniors section! All mediums and even braved buying a pair of skinny jeans haha I used to only be able to shop in the woman's section so it was super exciting!

LebenAlles
08-13-2012, 10:13 AM
First one of these types of posts, but I figured I'd jump right in.

First, you guys are all inspiring...a wonderful mix of NSV's (which I had to look up after awhile of thinking this was a religious thread) that remind me that the scale isnt everything.

Which brings me to my NSV. I'm wearing one of my smallest dresses (still a size 18, but it's smaller than the 24's I was wearing six months ago) without a girdle/hip smoother deal today. I'm slightly insecure still that it was a bad choice, but my partner says it looks good and most of the dress is actually loose on me for once, instead of hugging all of those unflattering 'pudge pockets' like it used to. Also, I reached back to scratch my back a minute ago, and realized that most of my 'back fat' is gone (that's always the first to go when I lose weight).
I'm looking forward to a lot more NSV's like these in days to come. ;)

ParadiseFalls
08-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Oh man, I'm LOVING all these inspirational NSVs. You rock, ladies.

One I noticed recently is that hostesses haven't asked if a booth is ok, which I was getting for a while, to my abject humiliation. Similarly, the girls in Old Navy have stopped asking me if I "found sizes OK." That always annoyed me. Maybe they meant well or are supposed to ask, but if I'm paying for an armload of clothes, I clearly found something I could squeeze my fat butt into. :dizzy:

LockItUp
08-15-2012, 11:13 PM
I love that this thread is still alive!

Here's one: Last Friday I ran 7 miles. 7 miles straight no walking! Marathon here I come!

Eydawn
08-16-2012, 03:08 AM
I bought a pair of shorts in size 14 from Eddie Bauer... and then they are way loose, so I got to go buy them in size 12! Can wear both, and the 14 goes in the dryer so it fits better! :)

IAmTheGlue
08-16-2012, 08:51 AM
My two NSV for the week:

I was sitting in a chair outside the college bookstore waiting for my husband and I fit perfectly! No thighs poking through the arms of the chair. :) Clearly I'm getting smaller.

The best NSV I've had yet is that I no longer feel like I'm drowning when I lay down flat! Well, our bed is slightly crooked (head lower than feet) and I have felt like I was drowning when laying down at the head of the bed. No longer feeling like I'm drowning is a huge deal to me. My Dad recently died from Congestive Heart Failure and that was one of his very first signs. He couldn't lay down flat without feeling like he was drowning. So, I'm very very happy to have noticed that. My cardiologist said that losing weight was the best thing I could do for my heart and I'm so glad I took his advice. :)

successfulhannah
08-16-2012, 12:03 PM
We have a HUGE bowl of Hersheys choclate mini bars at work and everyday I walk pass them, I used to grab a handful now I havent had a single one in 2 weeks (since I started back on my losing journey) Im so proud of myself!!!!!!!!

Sally Pineapple
08-17-2012, 11:07 AM
I went in to give my boyfriend a kiss and hug goodbye and he said to me, "How easy it is to wrap his arms around me now"!

ELBS717
08-17-2012, 06:53 PM
I posted this separately the other day, but.... I DANCED! I NEVER dance! I felt good about myself enough to actually go out and do it! WOOHOO!

ControlW
08-18-2012, 08:49 PM
This is one for the guys, but I can button the top button of a collared shirt without feeling like I was choking while doing so. Plus my ties look better now for some reason.

The other is a victory over habit. I've always been the sort of person to clean his plate, even when it's a lot of food, but last weekend when I went out to dinner, I managed to not. I probably left about half of the meal on the plate. That's been one of the hardest things for me, and to be honest, I usually don't put myself in the position to have to consciously stop since I weigh my food religiously. So that's a win.

Hotaruchan
08-19-2012, 12:18 AM
I was referred to as a "pretty little foreign girl" by an old Japanese man...

For context, I was at a local festival and a man from the prefecture news station spotted me talking with some of my students and asked if I could speak Japanese. I responded that I knew a little, so he asked my girls if it was enough for TV...as all of the color drained from my face, they squealed excitedly (as I'd guess most 8-year-olds would at the prospect of being on TV) and assured him that, yes, I was actually really good at Japanese... so he dragged me up to an anchorwoman, put a camera in my face and she interviewed me about the festival while my students clapped and waved in the background. As I was half-walking, half-being towed away after by my completely elated students, I heard the old guy bragging to the cameraman that he couldn't be yelled at for not finding good interview subjects...HE found a pretty little foreign girl that spoke good Japanese...who had the other guys brought that could top that? I was amused for half a second before my girls started asking if I was nervous...because that was going on TV and everyone that they knew watched that channel >.<

Edit: Another one yesterday...I was cleaning and came to the realization that my apartment is always a huge mess because I don't have a bureau to put my clothes away. So I went to the store hoping to find a bureau, but instead came back with a 3 foot tall book case and 3 large cloth drawers (the only thing actually being sold as a bureau in the store was a super cheap-looking and flimsy plastic thing that was more than 3x the price of the bookcase and drawers but about the same size). I washed every piece of clothing, then started putting stuff in the new "bureau," only to realize that I had about twice as much clothing as would reasonably fit. So I started trying things on, and more than half of it just...won't stay on any more. I swim in all of my suits, all of my American pants, one pair of my Japanese pants, and all of my American dresses. My T-shirts and dress shirts could all stand to be at least a size smaller, but I put them in the "fitting" category because I love my nerdy Ts and can tuck in my work shirts. In the end, I had one full closet of clothes that no longer fit and one partially-filled bureau and 1/3 of a closet bar of things that do fit/are only marginally too big. This both makes me incredibly happy and terribly sad, as it means that I'm probably going to have to buy a whole new work wardrobe (and probably new pants again) for fall and winter.

Hotaruchan
08-23-2012, 02:55 AM
Man, I'm starting to feel obnoxious now...where'd everyone go?

I just applied sunscreen to my whole back by myself without having back pudge get in the way. Were my elbows bent at some unnatural angles to do so? Yes, yes they were...but I was pretty proud of myself for being able to reach the part just below my shoulders.

Misti in Seattle
08-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Love reading these!

I have one too. At work someone keeps putting out a bowl of dark chocolate caramel candy.. which I love! Last week I ate 2 really small pieces... and found it way too sweet and not that great... not used to all the sugar. Since then I just keep walking right by the bowl.

Also, when I did eat the two, I made the DECISION to do so, since I easily had the calories left for that day... didn't just grab them and mindlessly eat them. Consciously knew they would not hurt me and DECIDED to eat them.

mnemosyne
08-23-2012, 10:02 AM
I traveled to Peru in May. Just prior to the trip, I bought a new handbag to take with me. Have loads of requirements in my traveling handbags: cross-body, lightweight, cute, big enough to carry iPhone, camera, wallet, local currency wallet, pens for postcards, sunglasses and on and on. ANYway, I found one I liked in a cute pattern, but the strap was uncomfortably tight, holding the bag just below my chest.

No problem: I went to ebay and ordered a longer black leather strap and off I went. Well, the first day in Lima, I noticed that the ebay leather strap was rubbing off color onto my blouse! It was only really bad that first day (the blouse has an eyelet patterns yoke that was contributing to the issue by rubbing against the strap, Lima was really, really humid, which probably also contributed) but ugh. I kept scrubbing the strap to get the dye out, still had some issues with transfer on other things. And I was always thinking about it. On a trip like that, also, you really need to wear clothes more than once.

>:( @ ebay strap.

So when I got back I stopped using that bag. Immediately, ugh.

I lost 5 lbs in Peru and another 20+ lbs since then, though. The jeans that were tight then are too loose now, et cetera, so the other day I got out the bag and the original manufacturer's strap. Fits perfectly. I have a few inches of slack, and am using that bag now. With no unsightly dye transfers from the ebay strap!

Imato5
08-23-2012, 10:20 AM
I bought 3 tops this week. They were so cute, I just had to have them, even though I knew they were too small. Just decided I'd keep them for some extra motivation. Well, I tried them all on and they all actually fit! I guess I'm a size smaller than I thought! :)

Steph7409
08-23-2012, 02:52 PM
I've got one. For years, my left leg has been bothering me. I must have suffered some sort of soft-tissue injury that just never got better. My thigh muscles were so tight from compensating for that, I couldn't lie on a flat surface without bending my knee to a pretty steep degree. I even had trouble getting a kidney scan done because I had to get that leg flat enough to slide through the machine.

Anyway, I decided to get some physical therapy a few months ago, now that I've lost so much weight. I've been working on my stretches pretty regularly and can now - with just a couple of minutes of working at it - get that leg flat. It hurts like h*** after a few minutes, but I can do it for longer and longer periods. I'm pretty stoked about it.

Mer du Japon
08-23-2012, 04:33 PM
At a family party, they ordered a few pizzas-my favorite. I didn't have any! Even though I wanted it so badly...I stayed strong.

At work today there was free pizza and sweets-I resisted.

As you can tell, I love pizza! I miss it but I don't miss the grease and sodium bloat

Misti in Seattle
08-24-2012, 07:36 AM
I have a couple of NSVs!!

Yesterday morning I started to get ready for work and... oops... no clean underwear. So I dug into my "too small" drawer and got some out... they fit!! Yay!

Also at work our company landlord brought around an ice cream truck to give everyone free ice cream. I did not eat any, even though I had to go out to go home and they were serving it, and had to move their truck so I could get my car.

Steph7409
08-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Here's another one for me: the heat doesn't bother me as much at it used to. We've had warm weather the last few days and my living room thermometer says it's 80 in here. Last year, I would have the a/c blasting but now, it's not unbearable. So I'm saving money on my electric bill!

ParkTrot
08-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Ran into my ex (dated for 3 years, broke up in May, and I've lost 40lbs since) on campus, and he said (without prompt) "You look good, by the way" mid-conversation, complimented me on my recent hair change as well. As he was about to leave, I asked him to hug me to see how much smaller I felt and he gave me a one-arm side hug and then started feeling around my ribs/hips and he definitely seemed impressed.

Good feeling to see that he noticed it! Somewhat bummed that he didn't ask me to coffee or something right then and there but oh well, what can you do :P.

Tande784
08-26-2012, 02:35 PM
I recently joined 3FC and this has been one of my favorite threads. It is so inspiring to see so many NSVs and more to realize that the scale is great, but not the only way to feel successful. Last night I experienced my first NSV. Around 1am we were coming home from a night out. My husband and sister-in-law were hungry and wanted to stop somewhere. We decided to stop at an all night restaurant with no healthy options. As I looked at the menu I realized I wasn't really hungry. I could have easily chosen something and worked it into my daily calorie allowance, but I stuck with coffee and was content. In the past U tended to eat just to eat, hungry or not. It felt so good to recognize I wasn't hungry and follow those cues!

Misti in Seattle
08-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Good job, everyone. And Tande, congratulations on your first NSV! They are fun, aren't they? :)

judipurple
08-26-2012, 06:08 PM
My "skinny" skirt (the one I was feeling all kinds of hot in ;)) is loose! I haven't gotten into any size 12's yet, but feel like that might happen sooner rather than later!

gailr42
08-26-2012, 07:10 PM
TMI, but, ahem...now that I have lost 23 lbs, I am not peeing on myself so much every time I cough or sneeze...

To be fair to myself, my OB told me years ago when I was thin that I would need surgery to shore things up. However, loosing weight has helped a whole heck of a lot!

Steph7409
08-26-2012, 07:16 PM
gail42, I'm an older woman myself so I know exactly what you mean. It's nice, isn't it?

LaurieDawn
08-27-2012, 07:27 AM
I was looking at Facebook pictures last night. Hate pictures, but I had some major life events, and I sucked it up and did it. I definitely see the difference 34 pounds makes. I know my old clothes don't fit, but never really saw the difference in the mirror, so it was a great discovery.

swissy
08-27-2012, 08:32 AM
I went into a bargain store and didn't even think about going near the sweet aisle, I got outside the shop and thought wow I am a different person now.

I have been wearing this tight skirt recently because all my other ones that used to make me look slimmer now look frumpy, a lot of clothes in my wardrobe are starting to get big.

I can now wear a uk 12 fitted coat that was far too small for me last winter and my 14 coat looks baggy. I would still probably measure to a 16 hopefully going towards 14 but I'm no longer a squeezing into 16-18 I am now a 14-16 who can squeeze into smaller sizes and bigger sizes just look ridiculous.

I find I get more attention from guys now pffft they're so shallow aren't they ha.

Hotaruchan
08-28-2012, 11:43 AM
I had to go out to Tokyo for training yesterday. It was awful, but there were a few people there that were at my orientation back in March. One of the guys that I'd helped get to his assignment (we're in the same prefecture and of the 3 of us working out there, I'm the only one that speaks any Japanese, so I got to do all of the navigating) came up like we were bffs and insisted on a hug because he said that I looked great and could tell that I'd lost a lot of weight. Mind you, prior to riding the trains together, 5 months ago, I hadn't really spoken to this guy at all...

Mer du Japon
08-28-2012, 12:38 PM
I saw my boyfriends parents for the first time in 3 months and the first thing his mom said to me was "have you lost weight?"

I bought a pair of size 8 (29 inch) jeans from banana republic. They are still too tight, but I can get them zipped and buttoned-extremely excited to buy a size 8!! They should fit well when I lose another 5-8 pounds. Extra motivation!

gailr42
08-28-2012, 04:30 PM
I did five minutes on my mini-stair-stepper. Not much, I know, but when I first started loosing, I couldn't do ANY minutes because my knees hurt too much.

Misti in Seattle
08-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Well, this has got to be an NSV!! On the way home from work tonight, it occurred to me... I FORGOT TO EAT LUNCH TODAY!! LOL I had a little bag of snack apple slices I had eaten and this afternoon someone offered me a bit of fresh fruit. But that was not intended to be my lunch!!!

LebenAlles
08-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Yesterday evening I completed a 32 minute Kickboxing Cardio ADVANCED workout...might not seem like much, but that thing is viscious...but I felt wonderful afterwards...once I got my legs working again that is...;P

Dottington
08-30-2012, 11:43 AM
I bought this dress 3 weeks ago and it was super small when I tried it on(like didn't even zip at all...) I decided to buy it anyways as a mini goal dress. Well today it zips! Its wayyy too suffocating and I look like a stuffed sausage but it still zips up :D I'm hoping in maybe 2 weeks I'll be able to wear it in real life. I've noticed as I get smaller my change in sizes is way quicker....like it took AGES to get from a 12-10, But I feel like I've hardly been an 8 at all and now my 8 dresses are getting too big!

SoMuchFattitude
08-30-2012, 12:11 PM
I had to take 3 bags of clothes (size 24) to Goodwill because I now wear a 14 and will NEVER need them again! Such a good feeling!

:carrot:

LebenAlles
08-31-2012, 08:58 AM
I realized yesterday that my butt is looking less like a shelf, and more like a butt. and a pretty decent one at that ;)

RJR
09-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Last night I went out to dinner. I ordered a pepsi, out of habit. She brought it and I realized I didn't want it at all, so I asked her to take it back and bring me water instead :)

Misti in Seattle
09-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Wonderful reading all these great NSVs!! Thanks for sharing.

Leben, I cracked up at your "butt shelf" comment -- because I "get it." I don't really have a butt at all... but way up ABOVE where my butt should be there is a huge "something" -- I suppose shelf is as good a word as any. But it is big like a butt except right up under my waist. To top it off I have a huge stomach, so I sort of look like I am made backwards. :)

I do have a couple of NSVs.

I used to love running up and down stairs. But with my degenerative arthritis in one hip (no cartilage) I have to be really careful to avoid falling. My mind would be thinking I am going to hop right up those stair... then I would get there and be forced to hold onto the rails an take "baby steps" up and down the stairs. But as I am losing weight and seeing a chiropractor for back and shoulder pain, I am seeing a huge improvement. First I could go *down* the stairs with just lightly balancing one hand on the rail (which I will keep having to do because of the falling danger) and just going right down them. And taking "adult" steps going up a lot of them. Well, yesterday I just headed to the stairs and tried my "hop on up them" and actually *made* it... not at a running speed but I could DO it. Also I can now easily get out of the pool on the deep end ladder; I used to have to go to the shallow end steps.

Second one... I can now clip my toenails without it being a major feat! I would let them grow so long they were painful because it was so hard to do them but I just did it this morning, and it was no big deal.

The things we learn to appreciate!!! :)

Keep sharing, everyone. These are so much fun to read.

Garnet2727
09-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Misti, I sooooo get the thing about the toe nails! I just clipped mine an hour ago and it wasn't a strain. Grats on the stairs thing, too!

I had a couple of NSVs this week. I ordered a pair of size 20 jeans. No big deal, right? Well, to me it's a big damn deal. When I started this weight loss effort, I was wearing size 26 pants. The last time I fit into size 20 pants was 18 years ago. Eighteen years ago. :dizzy:

I also got the results of my yearly blood work. Last year, my fasting glucose indicated that I had impaired glucose tolerance. This year, my fasting glucose was in the normal range. I may have avoided type 2 Diabetes!

My cholesterol levels last year were high. They decreased by a good bit this year (34 points cholesterol, 33 points LDL). I'm still higher than normal but not by a whole lot. Woot!

Misti in Seattle
09-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Garnet, way to go! Congrat on avoiding illness.

Actually that would be an NSV for me also. Last year my stats were not so good and this last time they were all within normal range!

butterfliesinhereyes
09-02-2012, 04:57 PM
First time wearing a skirt out at night in probably a year and I was told that I "looked seriously hot." :)

thinkfit
09-02-2012, 06:01 PM
I slipped into my jeans today (slipped, not struggled, tugged, jumped, etc) and they were comfortable! They're size 22 but lately they were feeling really tight - like, painful to button tight. Just when I feel like I haven't made any progress, too! I'm so glad for this boost.

gailr42
09-03-2012, 12:23 AM
I've been wearing some old, cheap wedding band because I can't get the real one on. Tonight, it's out with the Cracker Jack prize, in with the real wedding ring. This makes me happy. I'm sure DH is happy I lost weight, too.

AmyAmy
09-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Yesterday I managed to run for an hour straight without stopping. It's a goal I have had for years, I think I was a teenager when I made the goal, and I'm 22 now. I've also noticed that a jacket that I bought a couple of months ago is starting to feel a little loose. When I bought it, it was slightly too tight, and I was using it as inspiration to lose weight.

Hotaruchan
09-03-2012, 05:02 AM
I got rid of my armpit pudge...well, by "got rid of," I mean that I followed the advice of people more saavy than I and realized that I've apparently been wearing bras 3 cup sizes too small. I was on the verge of a panic attack and/or existential crisis after, but I traded some pretty unsightly 'fat' for boobs. Let's see how long it takes my brain to adjust to THIS madness...

Misti in Seattle
09-03-2012, 05:30 AM
These are all wonderful NSVs. I love coming here and reading these and, every once in a while, being able to post one of my own!

gailr42
09-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Hotaruchan, I laughed out loud at your "existential crisis". What a way to go - arm pit pudge to boobs! Good job!

LebenAlles
09-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Misti, glad to know I'm not the only one with shelf issues, haha!

I've been doing a new kickboxing routine that has these "oblique crunches" in it. Well, yesterday I had a hand on my hip and noticed a 'lump' on my side...my first thought was, 'holy crap, is that my appendix? do I need to see a doctor?' (I never was so great at anatomy) I seriously did fret over this for a little while...but then I felt the other side, and realized 'oh hey, wait...that must be my oblique's!!!'

Garnet2727
09-03-2012, 02:32 PM
I bought a blouse today with a draped neckline and it's more form fitting than anything I've bought in years. When I tried it on for my husband, he lit up like a Christmas tree. :)

novangel
09-03-2012, 09:37 PM
I have a ring on my right hand that I have been wearing literally 24/7 since I was about 11 years old (I'm 38 now) that I could barely get off the last ten years and now it slides on and off without effort. I never leave it off though, that ring is part of me.

Also I can wear a certain t-shirt that used to make my upper arms look like a squeezed sausage roll and hugged every inch of my body and now it fits perfectly! There's even some room! That was the best feeling ever. I wish I had taken a pic of myself in that shirt before and after. HUGE difference.

LucyRic
09-03-2012, 11:46 PM
This is my favorite thread!

Here's my latest NSV:

I noticed recently that my stomach no longer touches the steering wheel while I'm driving. In fact, there's plenty of extra room, which is also probably much safer in terms of air bags deploying/accidents.

HungryHungryHippo
09-04-2012, 01:08 AM
This weekend, just in time for the end of summer, I was able to fit into a Hawaiian dress I bought on my honeymoon.

Misti in Seattle
09-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Congratulations to all of you! NSVs are SO fun to achieve!!

I noticed this morning at the pool... there were about 5 steps to go up outside to get to the parking lot. I went right up them without even touching the rail at all. This is huge for me because I have to be very cautious about falling due to degenerative arthritis in one hip. But I was confident enough on these steps to just go up them!!!

09-04-2012, 01:47 PM
My seat belt crosses my body higher than it used to when I'm driving given that I have lost some girth. It's kinda annoying as I keep having to re-adjust it. But I've realised that it's clearly because I am smaller!

Katbot24
09-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Another pair of pants fit today! A nice pair of dark jeans, perfect for back to school! :carrot:

thewalrus0
09-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Yesterday my family had a big dinner/get-together and I stayed within calories!

I also ate a few things I had really wanted so it all turned out great.

I was really proud of myself. So far things are going okay. One of my first non-scale goals is to stay on plan for 3 months straight and I'm officially one week in!

Misti in Seattle
09-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Good for you, thewalrus0!! You're off to a great start

AmyAmy
09-04-2012, 09:43 PM
I bought my first size 10 pants ever (Aus sizing). The brand usually has bigger sizes, but still, I'm pleased.

Hotaruchan
09-08-2012, 01:44 AM
Starting to get some definition in my arms finally! Today was laundry day, and as I was carrying my 18 kg of laundry (how I managed to makes 18 kg worth of laundry is beyond me) 2 miles to the laundromat, I looked down and could see the bones and tendons in my arms...it actually looks like I'm flexing if I flex now :p

rocket pop
09-09-2012, 01:47 AM
That's such an awesome feeling right, Hotaruchan?! My arms are so much more defined than they used to be and now I make everybody feel my 'guns' :D (they are not guns, at this point they are more like baby slingshots but the point is THEY ARE THERE AND YOU CAN SEE THEM.)

My NSV for this week is I tried a new gym class! I always get really nervous before I go to a new one (what if I fall over? what if I can't do the moves? What if I'm sweatier than everyone else?!) but it was fun and challenging and I went back today!! Go me!

Misti in Seattle
09-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Hi all

This weekend I was in a small town that I got to about once a month, and at the Saturday festival I met a woman whom I have met several times and don't really know. She commented on my weight loss. So it is starting to show. Yippeeeee

TraumaNurse
09-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Well these aren't very exciting ones compared to all the great ones on this thread (everyone who has posted is doing amazing and I hope to get there soon)

A few days ago I was out grocery shopping (and was stocking up in the produce section) when I ran into a former classmate who I hadn't seen in probably a month or so. She asked if I had lost weight and said I was looking good :) This was also the first day I noticed my clavicles poking through the fluff a little too.

And today I exercised!!! Let me repeat- I exercised. That is a huge deal for me. I made myself finally start something up- I dragged my craigslist fluidity bar from leaning against the wall where it has firmly been planted since purchasing it about 8 months ago and I used it. And when I was hungry tonight and still had 140 calories left in my budget I chose to have a salad versus something tasty with little nutritional value!

Feeling all sorts of good about myself today and that's not a common thing for me. I think the gradual introduction of changes will really help me change my life for good this time (I'm sick of losing and regaining the same 40 lbs).

Keep those great NSVs coming

Dottington
09-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Fitting into size 6s!!!!

angie7896
09-10-2012, 11:56 AM
I went tailgating with my husband Saturday. I was afraid because tailgating used to mean eating and drinking all day. I came with a cooler loaded with fruits and vegetables and snacked on them all day. I stayed within my calorie allotment for the day even when there was pizza after the game. I didnt have one piece!

gailr42
09-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Checked my blood pressure this morning and it was normal. Good food and a little exercise for a couple of months works wonders!

I've been walking and trying to improve. Today, I did two miles for the first time.

I accidentally grabbed one of my size M nightgowns, and it fit!

Hotaruchan
09-12-2012, 04:54 AM
There was a rack of yoga pants on sale for 200 yen today (probably about $2.40...I haven't glanced at the exchange rate in a little while), so I grabbed two pairs. Mediums (I can actually say mediums because for once there were Smalls-2XLs on the rack). I got home, put them on, and realized that they don't have the "I'mma cling to your butt" effect that yoga pants seem to usually have. Looking at the tag, I realized that that was because my waist measurement was the minimum for that particular brand's medium. I bought mediums thinking they'd be tight and found out that I should have grabbed a small instead...wtf?

shishkeberry
09-12-2012, 10:00 AM
In certain lights and positions, I can see my collar bones!

Northernrose
09-13-2012, 06:01 AM
Suddenly fitting into lots of trousers (pants) that I have been too fat to wear for ages. Glad I didn't throw them out as I find fitting in them again more satisfying than scale victories :D

Misti in Seattle
09-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Hi all. I did it again! A while back I forgot to eat my lunch and today I had some berries for an afternoon snack. Realized on the way home I had forgotten to eat them! LOL it is NOT like me to forget to eat!!!

judipurple
09-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Don't get NSV's on a daily basis, but realized as I was painting the toenails that I could reach them and STILL BREATHE!

Misti in Seattle
09-13-2012, 11:36 PM
LOL Judi... good for you!!!! Amazing the things we appreciate!

Silly Rabbit
09-14-2012, 01:57 AM
My seat belt crosses my body higher than it used to when I'm driving given that I have lost some girth. It's kinda annoying as I keep having to re-adjust it. But I've realised that it's clearly because I am smaller!

OT: Most cars have adjustable belt height - look at the top spot on the door pillar where the seat belt comes out, there should be a tab to adjust the height.

HungryHungryHippo
09-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Not feeling like I have to be nicey-nice to people who don't deserve it, so they won't say mean things about me behind my back. If they want to talk, let them.

Not worrying if a piece of clothing has a bad angle--because that's all it is, a bad angle, not a giveaway of what lies beneath.

gailr42
09-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Hey, Silly Rabbit! Thanks for the info on adjusting the seat belt height. I ran right out and looked at my seat belts and sure enough, they are adjustable. No more seat belt sawing at my neck!

ewynne11
09-15-2012, 04:55 PM
I can now fit into these pants that I have been holding onto for 6 years. I came down in them and my kids say "Mom...Those are out of style now.":o

Ms A
09-15-2012, 11:13 PM
I have a binging problem where whenever i am stressed or upset, I turn to food for comfort. It's a life-long struggle. On and off I've tried to conquer it, occasionally wanting to snack and convincing myself not to. That is like once in a while though... I usually give in.

I'm happy to say that for the past few days I have not binged :) usually it's at night, due to boredom or stress, but the past few days I have gone downstairs, looked in the fridge/cabinets, and said it's not worth it. It helps that we don't have that much sweets/salty stuff in the house anymore but it's not just junk I used to binge on - even homemade food. So I am definitely improving.

Even tonight, we had a BBQ and I am so tempted to go downstairs to eat more of it (I had enough at dinner) but NO. I'm off to read a book and to bed :) go me

Silly Rabbit
09-16-2012, 02:56 AM
Hey, Silly Rabbit! Thanks for the info on adjusting the seat belt height. I ran right out and looked at my seat belts and sure enough, they are adjustable. No more seat belt sawing at my neck!

You're welcome :)

Misti in Seattle
09-16-2012, 03:40 AM
Congrats, all!

Ms A, I can relate! I too used to be bad at the night eating stuff. But actually I came in this thread to share my NSV that for two months now I have completely broken the night eating habit. Now I usually don't even think about it and, when I do, I just dont' do it.

Congratulations and keep it up! It really makes a huge difference.

09-16-2012, 01:09 PM
OT: Most cars have adjustable belt height - look at the top spot on the door pillar where the seat belt comes out, there should be a tab to adjust the height.

Awesome, why didn't I think of this? Will readjust the next time I am in my car!

Thank you :D

DisappearingActs
09-16-2012, 04:21 PM
I went to a weight loss clinic to find out about getting phentermine, and the lady at the front desk didn't want to charge me until they weighed me and checked my body fat because she didn't think my weight met the requirements. That made me feel pretty good.

Silly Rabbit
09-19-2012, 01:53 PM
I'll have to make new holes in my belt, because I reached the last one... And I should really buy new jeans because these ones are starting to look baggy like clown pants :dizzy:

HungryHungryHippo
09-20-2012, 12:16 AM
That's a good one--the holes in the belt!

Monday night I was happy and relieved, because I had done all the work on a hard project, and was ready to reap the glory. Then, I got an e-mail at 8:30 at night, that the client was looking for something different. We were set to meet the next morning at 11. Instead of stuffing my face, I went home, made a Crystal Lite mojito, and sat at my computer to make a new plan. The next morning, I didn't skip my run, then I met the client. It's been hard, but it all worked out in the end, and I made it through undamaged, weight-wise.

Nayshal
09-20-2012, 05:46 AM
I lost 1 inch on my waist :carrot:

Mer du Japon
09-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Great job on NSV's, everyone! I love reading these

angie7896
09-20-2012, 11:55 AM
I ran 1 mile yesterday! I didn't think I could do it but my husband kept pushing me and I did it!

Steph7409
09-20-2012, 12:41 PM
angie, good job! I've just started incorporating some jogging into my long walks and can't imagine going for a whole mile.

Brandnewday
09-20-2012, 01:28 PM
I haven't had acid reflux at night since I started eating better.

HungryHungryHippo
09-20-2012, 08:08 PM
I wish this thread had a "thumbs up" feature like Facebook!

LebenAlles
09-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Last weekend I had to go to storage and break out the "I can't let these go even though they're too small" clothes bin, adding quite a few pieces of clothing that I havent fit into for at least two years into my closet. Wore one of the shirts to work this week and got several compliments...woohoo!

coolacrity
09-21-2012, 09:22 AM
I feel like it's been a pretty bad week, but you know what? Definitely a good thing happened. I've been feeeling dizzy a few times a day for a while now, and I figured it had something to do with cutting calories, but it never seemed to be that. Then I figured it may be my high blood pressure meds because I didn't take them the other day and didn't get dizzy at all. So ladt night I cut my dose in half. Yaaaay :D

I'm going to see my doctor, of course, but I feel really good right now. I hope I made the right decision.

@Brandnewday Me, too! It makes everything so much easier!

TripSwitch
09-21-2012, 09:31 AM
My "skinny" jeans are now my "fat" jeans...

But then I got a little bit greedy and pulled out an old pair of "really super skinny" jeans that had been collecting dust in my closet and tried to slip those babies on... and OOPS!!! I actually ripped them a little bit trying to squeeze into them!!!

Now normally that would have sent me into a deep, dark, F*** IT!!! sort of depression, BUT instead I just LAUGHED... actually I was LMFAO at how funny it was to me...

So I think that was the better NSV for me....

09-21-2012, 06:27 PM
A colleague commented on how baggy my jeans were the other day - this made me happy because I realised that wow, they are actually WAY too baggy.

And today I wore a different pair of jeans and I had to constantly pull them up. I need new jeans!

irishcanary
09-22-2012, 02:46 AM
I was very sick yesterday and despite that i stuck to my guns of staying within my calorie range. Hurrah.
I was on holiday last weekend and despite my sickness i a still having smaller breakfast's this week than i was there.:)

Ms A
09-23-2012, 09:39 PM
I got into another fight with my dad, which usually makes me reach for food to comfort myself, but tonight I have fought that urge :carrot:

DisappearingActs
09-24-2012, 12:40 AM
I finally got into these size 13 jeans I've never been able to wear since I bought them and, I'm smaller now, than I was before I got pregnant!

LebenAlles
09-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Apparently I DO have wrist bones!

Imato5
09-24-2012, 08:55 AM
My clothes size 20 skirt and xl top that I just bought 3ish weeks ago that are 3 dress sizes down from my starting size (26) are already loose and a bit baggy! :)

retrogirl
09-24-2012, 11:59 AM
90% of my clothes are done. Finito. Too big! I'm peering down my current jeans (16) and they're getting loose too!
Bad news - winter jacket is just one season old..and I'm swimming in it :/ barg. I'll just find a cute retro number at the thrift shop in the meantime :)

I think some knee high boots are in order....my calves used to be too big, now they are getting better :)

Pink Hurricane
09-24-2012, 01:35 PM
I tossed all of my 18s and XXL out for good this weekend! Now onto getting rid of the 16s!! :woohoo:

lucky216
09-25-2012, 10:35 PM
I walked two 15 minute miles today without breaking a sweat! Loving this new me. I bought a dress a little over a month ago, and it was pretty tight. I tried it on last night and I was swimming in it :) when i'm sitting and I look down, I don't see my stomach protruding past everything else. I'm no longer obese!

tnc0712
09-26-2012, 09:13 AM
I bought work pants a few weeks ago in the size I thought I was. They are already too big. :)

StephMar
09-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Wearing size 10 jeans for the first time ever. And not squeezed into them, they fit well.

LockItUp
09-26-2012, 01:01 PM
I wouldn't say this is a victory. . . but it's non scale!

I did some incline dumbbell rows Monday, you know how your chest is squished against the bench? Well I noticed I had this really sore lump right under my sternum, kind of freaked me out. I asked my husband to feel it, he was all "That's your xiphoid process". HA! I guess I don't have any cushoin left in that area to protect that little bone, and it pressed again my skin/muscle, and caused it to be sore. WEIRD!

SerenityDiva
09-26-2012, 02:18 PM
"That's your xiphoid process". HA! I guess I don't have any cushoin left in that area to protect that little bone, and it pressed again my skin/muscle, and caused it to be sore. WEIRD!

LMBO! That reminds me of someone telling me "I rolled over in bed, thought it was a cat toy, but it was my hip bones! I didn't know there was bones there" (I think she did but was trying to be funny).

ANYWAY I CAN SHARE!

After several years of not being able to do much due to being obese and in pain...I got back into my kettlebell workouts! I like weights and I do cardio when I have too, but always loved kettlebells for cardio and/or strength training so I was doing the happy dance and it's been over a week now..so happy happy joy joy! I think the yoga I do (for mental and physical reasons) has really helped get me to that point and I am so happy!

10-04-2012, 06:13 PM
For a bit of fun I tried on my boyfriends clothes this evening (he weighs a stone less than me) and is 3.5 inches taller. But they were too big! The jeans were wayyy too baggy, as was the top.

This is a NSV for me as I never thought they would fit! Yay for being able to fit in his clothes.

Not that I'd ever wear them, I looked extremely butch haha!

Atarimae
10-05-2012, 12:52 AM
On my XL sized belt, I can now use the 3rd and 4th holes, when previously it'd be the 2nd and 3rd, depending on the cut of my pants! Can't wait til the next time I go and try on pants. Hopefully I can fit size 11/12s nicely!

twinieten
10-06-2012, 03:58 PM
I just bought a pair of size 10 jeans for my trip, for comfort. What's really great is, I can wear 8... it's just that they're they're tight and I want to be comfortable!

1987, I know that feeling! It was a big deal for me the first time I lost weight to be able to fit in to my husband's clothes!

lucky216
10-07-2012, 10:50 AM
I ran a mile. Never in my life would I have ever thought that could be possible!

Em Coconut
10-07-2012, 04:29 PM
I bought a pair of pants a few weeks ago, without trying them on because I was in a hurry. They turned out to be too small to wear. I could button it, but it was not at all comfortable.... Now I can wear them without any pain or discomfort :carrot:

Colliea21
10-13-2012, 02:39 AM
ok, so I have a few:
-my collar bone is starting to show...it was very exciting when I felt it while I was showering!
-I can feel my hipbones! Not a lot still, but they are there ! :)
-I can wear clothes that I have in my closet as labeled as "fat clothing" and it started to fit better...
-after a few weeks of the prior NSV, the "fat" clothes don't fit as well anymore and I am ready to rummage my old skinny clothes bin (more like 4) so that i can start wearing those shirts, ect. I am still too big for the pants and dresses, I think, but I have larger hips than my upper body.
-today someone went up to me and said, you've lost a TON of weight...and I was very happy that someone noticed. I've actually had 2 people tell me, but this person really was in shock! hahaha

dstalksalot
10-13-2012, 08:02 AM
I usually don't post in this thread, but thought I would today since I have a few this week.

This week my husband seems to have grown fond of pointing out every bone he feels when giving hugs...."I can feel your ribs" etc.

I never thought I would ever be shopping for 12's......new low since high school.

My one yearaversary is this month. One year of consistent tracking and losses. Size 22 to 12-14.

I am enjoying this thread thanks for the uplifting reads.

DisappearingActs
10-13-2012, 03:00 PM
I have thigh gap!
And my leggings are actually loose on me!!!

gailr42
10-13-2012, 05:22 PM
This morning, I grabbed a shirt that I wore just a few days ago. It is suddenly loose on me! I haven't lost weight, but I think my exercises are kicking in.

My loose shirt inspired me to walk/hike for an hour. Three months ago, it was hard for me to walk for 10 minutes.

seabiscuit
10-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Making healthier food choices today at the grocery store! When I eat better, I feel better ;)

Garnet2727
10-13-2012, 06:49 PM
I made gumbo for dinner tonight. It's a recipe I've never tried before and it came out great! Best of all, one serving is 8 WW points or right around 280 calories. OM NOM NOM.

seabiscuit
10-14-2012, 03:44 AM
Using less WW points yesterday than the day before! It was about smarter choices and better planning at the store and feels great! I feel much better when I eat healthier.

:D

HungryHungryHippo
10-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Today I ran my first 5K!

I read about Couch25K here over the summer, and decided to do it. I set this race, 7 weeks after I finished, as my goal. And today I did it! And in just under 30 minutes, which was another goal. :-)

angieand2girls
10-15-2012, 08:26 AM
GREAT JOB HUNGRY!!! That's an awesome accomplishment!

HungryHungryHippo
10-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Thank you!!

masterptr
10-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Ring ON Hungry!
keep up the good work!!!

LockItUp
10-17-2012, 03:50 PM
For the first time in my life I just fit into a SINGLE digit! Sure, sure, I probably fit into a single digit at some point, maybe middle school, not sure. Definitely not in high school! So for the first time since I hit puberty for sure!

Tried on several dresses, jeans, and skirts in women's size 8 and juniors size 9 at two different stores, several different brands (needed to make sure it wasn't a fluke). Some were a little on the too snug side, but they all fit (meaning buttoned, zipped, and minimal muffin) with the exception of one size 9 that I didn't realize until I was pulling them up was labeled "straight hip" which I'm certainly not!

SO YAY!!!!

twinieten
10-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Yay, thigh gap, Disappearing acts! WTG Hungry! Congrats, Lockit! I'm right there with you!! WOOT!!

I went on a trip recently and saw some friends who I haven't seen for a year. They all noticed and complimented my loss since the last time we were together, which only amounted to around 20 pounds but I guess exercise really helped with the slim look! It was just an amazing feeling, even though these friends really don't give a hoot about looks. There's nothing that feels as good as seeing people go "wow!" when they see you for the first time.

Another great thing about this trip is I allowed a few full-body, bathing suit beach shots, and I don't think I look half bad. They are certainly not photos I'll be showing off on facebook, but to see myself head to toe in a suit, in a photo (which adds 10 pounds, right?) and not see a heifer is a pretty big deal.

gailr42
10-19-2012, 06:01 PM
A couple of times recently, I noticed that I was not hungry. This represents a big improvement in self-awareness.

Steph7409
10-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Congrats to all! I've had similar moments (running farther than I thought I could, fitting into a size 8, not hating to have my picture taken, recognizing the absence of hunger) and they all feel great. Good job, everyone!

angieand2girls
10-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Okay so this NSV may be TMI but when I'm standing up naked and I look down, I can see my pubic hairs again!! It's been years since I've been able to see them without having to twist and contort my stomach to get it out of the way. This will help with shaving. :)

Garnet2727
10-20-2012, 01:49 PM
My pinky ring fits again! I haven't been able to wear it for years!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/Garnet2727/2012-10-20_10-58-38_544.jpg