Ideal Protein Diet - Question about veggies.

View Full Version : Question about veggies.

Meagan240
07-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Yesterday I forgot two of my cups of veggies... Is this badly going to affect my loss this week? :(

Stefany1769
07-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Yesterday I forgot two of my cups of veggies... Is this badly going to affect my loss this week? :(

No but try not to do this too often. If you are not able to eat them cause you are sick of veggies, try rhubarb or a shake with blended spinach in it. :hug:

BRfirefly
07-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Great suggestion about blending spinach in a shake - which shake flavor best camouflages the flavor of the spinach?

Delgen
07-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Great suggestion about blending spinach in a shake - which shake flavor best camouflages the flavor of the spinach?
I had it with vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon do raspberry extract. OMG it was really good! Could not taste the spinache at all!

Stefany1769
07-13-2012, 02:10 AM

I have added it to the chocolate and the vanilla drinks before. I didnt enjoy it in the vanilla. It is awesome in the chocolate drink though!!! This is what I do:

Put 7 ice cubes, 8 ounces water, 1 Cup spinach, WF chocolate dip, cinnamon, stevia drops. Blend it all and enjoy!

swerdna59
07-13-2012, 08:39 AM
I just recently started doing a spinach smoothie for my breakfast, I use an EAS RTD vanilla shake, a couple of handfuls of baby spinach and about 4 ice cubes...blend it up and that is that. You cannot taste the spinach at all which seems so weird. I have not tried it with the chocolate or strawberry shakes--not sure what the color combination would end up looking like so for now an sticking with the vanilla shake.

Also, I have made some pretty decent cream soups using broccoli and cauliflower--just make you 2 cups of veggies and puree them with some chicken broth, transfer to the stovetop and add protein and whatever spices you want. I have always loved cream soups and these take a long time to eat and are very filling. It's an easy way to get veggies in as well.

I am not overly adventurous when it comes to veggies and have not tried some of the other veggie ideas but using the blender has helped me to change my meals up a bit and keep me fuller as well.

Good luck!