Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 07/12/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Last edited by rissimo; 07-12-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Wake up every one! Baked cookies this morning! Kids to day camp then off to the dentist. Which reminds me of surgery Monday. The anestisa doc was wearing a waist pack. I asked if that's where the good drugs were. She said nope it's my wallet, keys and cell phone and my teeth. She then took out some nasty looking fake teeth and put them in. Oh my hilarious. I've had a handfull of surgeries but Monday was freaking hillarious. She said she was from down south and can really make the teeth and drawl work well together. Once ata bar a man came up to her and said, I can fix that. She drawled fix what? He said your teeth, I'm a dentist. Funny stuff.

Last edited by usmcvet; 07-12-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #3  

Just had my omelette with a little mustard and the omelette is growing on me after 4 days I forgot to stop at the farmer's market to get more lettuce, but I will be okay. I am taking my raw veggies to work and I think I will try the chicken al a king again today and try not to overflow it in the micro...maybe it will be better this time

Are pickles free if they are 0 calories?
Old 07-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #4  

Well today's my fourth day. Don't feel any different. Felt a charlie horse coming on last night but it disappeared. I got all excited thinking that this must mean it's working. Do you think this is the case? Besides being cold in my office in the morning and that one bought of nauses on the second day everything seems normal. I did weigh myself yesterday just to see and I was down a pound. Not happy about that since that can happen regardless of IP. I'm hoping it's coming off in inches. We'll see. I figure I'll do two weeks before forming an opinion. I want to do this but I know if I don't see any kind of results (no matter how little) that it will be hard for me not to start cheating.

My new favorite is to sautee mushrooms in WF BBQ. It is sooooo good!!!! I can't turn into a mushroom right? I picked up some frozen rhubarb so excited to try that out tonight!!!!

I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

Vet - you're funny!!!

On the road today for work. In the car for 4 hours with 3 guys, and meetings and walk throughs for most of the day. Drank my iced coffee with IP pudding already and have dill pickle zippers for a snack later. Hopefully we go somewhere for lunch that I can have a salad or grilled chicken. Might end up at a hospital cafeteria since that's where all the meetings are. I'm sure they would have something I can eat.

One NSV - I'm wearing a pair if pants today that have had the tags on for a year, because I couldn't fit into them!!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Wake up every one! Baked cookies this morning! Kids to day camp then off to the dentist. Which reminds me of surgery Monday. The anestisa doc was wearing a waist pack. I asked if that's where the good drugs were. She said nope it's my wallet, keys and cell phone and my teeth. She then took out some nasty looking fake teeth and put them in. Oh my hilarious. I've had a handfull of surgeries but Monday was freaking hillarious. She said she was from down south and can really make the teeth and drawl work well together. Once ata bar a man came up to her and said, I can fix that. She drawled fix what? He said your teeth, I'm a dentist. Funny stuff.
Vermont- that is too funny. A sense of humor is fantastic. I had a pastor in Atlanta who would sometimes add these terrible fake teeth, then turn and just smile- when you weren't expecting it. Bust a cork funny!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Morning all!

I'm about ready to throw my scale out. It's not moving how I'd like to see it ESPECIALLY when I've been SO careful about getting lots of lean meats in this week. It doesn't help either that my husband has moved to Phase 2 and is now losing MORE weight than on Phase 1. GRR!!

I've got a busy day of doctors appointments. Going to try and hit up some consignment shops while I'm out on my own (hubby took the day off and is staying with the kids!!).
Old 07-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #8  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone!!

I am so happy that its Thursday. One more work day, just one more. HAHA
Good thing our Thursday and Fridays are normally our slow days. (I shouldnt have said that, I probably just jinxed myself).

Anyway, I am feeling all bloated and stuff. Like I feel like I am not losing, got on the scale (the devil) this morning and I am up a lb. I am not worried about it though b/c of the huge weight losses the past 2 weeks and of course I am going to just keep on keeping on. It could be also b/c my TOM would normally be coming up soon but since I had an ablation done a few months ago I havent seen him since. YAY!

Hope everyone has a great OP day today!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #9  

Just wondering if others experience what I will call "bathroom issues" while on IP? I feel like everything just goes right through me...it started last week one night after I ate a bar for an evening snack and within 30 minutes I was running to the restroom which went on for almost an hour. Up until that happened I had not had any issues while on the protocol. Nothing seems to be helping either.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up weigh in day

Morning everyone, well today is the day WI#3 wish me luck. I will take any loss in lbs and inches.
sending everyone good thoughts for staying OP.

clinic scale:

Last edited by bttrhalf; 07-12-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #11  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi ALL. Just started Day 2 of my return to IP. Been off for about 6 months (Momma died) and gained 15 of my 50 back. Nipping it in the bud and working down even a little more. I planned on waiting till September but am realizing that NOW is when I need to begin. My DH and I are renewing our wedding vows August 19 (40 years) and that seems like a fantastic motivator. Swimsuit here I come!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #12  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Good morning friends.

I think I have begun to notice a pattern with my weight loss. Every so often I will have will have 2-3 days of EXTREME hunger. I mean I'd eat the walls if I could open my jaws wide enough, hungry. Then WOOSH the weight falls off in a big chunk and the hunger goes away. Over the next few days the scale will do its usual 2 pound cha-cha-cha which makes me feel like I'm gaining, losing, gaining, but then the hungeries hit again. Two days later the big loss happens again.

Any one else experiencing this? Kind of makes hunger a good thing, like the last hundred yards of a race; something you power through for the goal.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerdna59 View Post
Just wondering if others experience what I will call "bathroom issues" while on IP? I feel like everything just goes right through me...it started last week one night after I ate a bar for an evening snack and within 30 minutes I was running to the restroom which went on for almost an hour. Up until that happened I had not had any issues while on the protocol. Nothing seems to be helping either.
I haven't had any bars yet, but if they contain sugar alcohols, that could be your culprit. Try having something else for your meal/snack and see if the problem improves.

Stefany1769, that you for posting that link for IP ice cream on Tuesday evening! I'm going to try it! My (second) WI is tomorrow and Chocolate Drink Mix is on my list, that that will be my flavor.

The scale is moving slowly this week, which I know is how Week 2 most often goes. It does seem like my body is catching up with the rapid loss of Week 1. Yesterday I wore some trousers that had been too tight and they fit much better.

Wuv, thanks for looking at tomorrow night's dinner menu the other day. I'm going to have salad and no wine!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I set up my ticker!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Morning, all! Just a quick pop in to say hello and happy Thursday. Sun is shining here, I'm going to see Magic Mike tonight, and Big Brother starts. AND tomorrow is Friday. Great day all around!
Closed Thread