Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 07/12/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 07/12/12

rissimo
07-12-2012, 06:26 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

usmcvet
07-12-2012, 07:11 AM
Wake up every one! Baked cookies this morning! Kids to day camp then off to the dentist. Which reminds me of surgery Monday. The anestisa doc was wearing a waist pack. I asked if that's where the good drugs were. She said nope it's my wallet, keys and cell phone and my teeth. She then took out some nasty looking fake teeth and put them in. Oh my hilarious. I've had a handfull of surgeries but Monday was freaking hillarious. She said she was from down south and can really make the teeth and drawl work well together. Once ata bar a man came up to her and said, I can fix that. She drawled fix what? He said your teeth, I'm a dentist. Funny stuff.

mommyskinny
07-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Just had my omelette with a little mustard and the omelette is growing on me after 4 days :) I forgot to stop at the farmer's market to get more lettuce, but I will be okay. I am taking my raw veggies to work and I think I will try the chicken al a king again today and try not to overflow it in the micro...maybe it will be better this time :)

Are pickles free if they are 0 calories?

guttergirl9
07-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Well today's my fourth day. Don't feel any different. Felt a charlie horse coming on last night but it disappeared. I got all excited thinking that this must mean it's working. Do you think this is the case? Besides being cold in my office in the morning and that one bought of nauses on the second day everything seems normal. I did weigh myself yesterday just to see and I was down a pound. Not happy about that since that can happen regardless of IP. I'm hoping it's coming off in inches. We'll see. I figure I'll do two weeks before forming an opinion. I want to do this but I know if I don't see any kind of results (no matter how little) that it will be hard for me not to start cheating.

My new favorite is to sautee mushrooms in WF BBQ. It is sooooo good!!!! I can't turn into a mushroom right?:D I picked up some frozen rhubarb so excited to try that out tonight!!!!

I hope everyone has a good day.

julied31
07-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Vet - you're funny!!!

On the road today for work. In the car for 4 hours with 3 guys, and meetings and walk throughs for most of the day. Drank my iced coffee with IP pudding already and have dill pickle zippers for a snack later. Hopefully we go somewhere for lunch that I can have a salad or grilled chicken. Might end up at a hospital cafeteria since that's where all the meetings are. I'm sure they would have something I can eat.

One NSV - I'm wearing a pair if pants today that have had the tags on for a year, because I couldn't fit into them!!!!

dizzyjean
07-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Wake up every one! Baked cookies this morning! Kids to day camp then off to the dentist. Which reminds me of surgery Monday. The anestisa doc was wearing a waist pack. I asked if that's where the good drugs were. She said nope it's my wallet, keys and cell phone and my teeth. She then took out some nasty looking fake teeth and put them in. Oh my hilarious. I've had a handfull of surgeries but Monday was freaking hillarious. She said she was from down south and can really make the teeth and drawl work well together. Once ata bar a man came up to her and said, I can fix that. She drawled fix what? He said your teeth, I'm a dentist. Funny stuff.

Vermont- that is too funny. A sense of humor is fantastic. I had a pastor in Atlanta who would sometimes add these terrible fake teeth, then turn and just smile- when you weren't expecting it. Bust a cork funny!

NOVAScents
07-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Morning all!

I'm about ready to throw my scale out. It's not moving how I'd like to see it ESPECIALLY when I've been SO careful about getting lots of lean meats in this week. It doesn't help either that my husband has moved to Phase 2 and is now losing MORE weight than on Phase 1. GRR!!

I've got a busy day of doctors appointments. Going to try and hit up some consignment shops while I'm out on my own (hubby took the day off and is staying with the kids!!).

aimeed3
07-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Good Morning everyone!!

I am so happy that its Thursday. One more work day, just one more. HAHA
Good thing our Thursday and Fridays are normally our slow days. (I shouldnt have said that, I probably just jinxed myself).

Anyway, I am feeling all bloated and stuff. Like I feel like I am not losing, got on the scale (the devil) this morning and I am up a lb. I am not worried about it though b/c of the huge weight losses the past 2 weeks and of course I am going to just keep on keeping on. It could be also b/c my TOM would normally be coming up soon but since I had an ablation done a few months ago I havent seen him since. YAY! :carrot:

Hope everyone has a great OP day today! :)

swerdna59
07-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Just wondering if others experience what I will call "bathroom issues" while on IP? I feel like everything just goes right through me...it started last week one night after I ate a bar for an evening snack and within 30 minutes I was running to the restroom which went on for almost an hour. Up until that happened I had not had any issues while on the protocol. Nothing seems to be helping either.

bttrhalf
07-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Morning everyone, well today is the day WI#3 wish me luck. I will take any loss in lbs and inches. :^::^:
sending everyone good thoughts for staying OP.

clinic scale:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but6/lb/197.8/145/186.4/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

maykatcooper
07-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Hi ALL. Just started Day 2 of my return to IP. Been off for about 6 months (Momma died) and gained 15 of my 50 back. Nipping it in the bud and working down even a little more. I planned on waiting till September but am realizing that NOW is when I need to begin. My DH and I are renewing our wedding vows August 19 (40 years) and that seems like a fantastic motivator. Swimsuit here I come!

GrandmaKiss
07-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Good morning friends.

I think I have begun to notice a pattern with my weight loss. Every so often I will have will have 2-3 days of EXTREME hunger. I mean I'd eat the walls if I could open my jaws wide enough, hungry. Then WOOSH the weight falls off in a big chunk and the hunger goes away. Over the next few days the scale will do its usual 2 pound cha-cha-cha which makes me feel like I'm gaining, losing, gaining, but then the hungeries hit again. Two days later the big loss happens again.

Any one else experiencing this? Kind of makes hunger a good thing, like the last hundred yards of a race; something you power through for the goal.

locopollo
07-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Just wondering if others experience what I will call "bathroom issues" while on IP? I feel like everything just goes right through me...it started last week one night after I ate a bar for an evening snack and within 30 minutes I was running to the restroom which went on for almost an hour. Up until that happened I had not had any issues while on the protocol. Nothing seems to be helping either.

I haven't had any bars yet, but if they contain sugar alcohols, that could be your culprit. Try having something else for your meal/snack and see if the problem improves.

Stefany1769, that you for posting that link for IP ice cream on Tuesday evening! I'm going to try it! My (second) WI is tomorrow and Chocolate Drink Mix is on my list, that that will be my flavor.

The scale is moving slowly this week, which I know is how Week 2 most often goes. It does seem like my body is catching up with the rapid loss of Week 1. Yesterday I wore some trousers that had been too tight and they fit much better. :carrot:

Wuv, thanks for looking at tomorrow night's dinner menu the other day. I'm going to have salad and no wine! :)

locopollo
07-12-2012, 09:34 AM
I set up my ticker! :carrot:

IPdivajen
07-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Morning, all! Just a quick pop in to say hello and happy Thursday. Sun is shining here, I'm going to see Magic Mike tonight, and Big Brother starts. AND tomorrow is Friday. Great day all around!

bttrhalf
07-12-2012, 09:53 AM
just got a ticker from Ticker.com
clinic:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wUjHoFW/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wUjHoFW/)

athebeach
07-12-2012, 09:53 AM
I went to see Magic Mike with my daughter granddaughter and two friends on Tuesday. I was shocked!

justbecause53
07-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Well today's my fourth day. Don't feel any different. Felt a charlie horse coming on last night but it disappeared. I got all excited thinking that this must mean it's working. Do you think this is the case? Besides being cold in my office in the morning and that one bought of nauses on the second day everything seems normal. I did weigh myself yesterday just to see and I was down a pound. Not happy about that since that can happen regardless of IP. I'm hoping it's coming off in inches. We'll see. I figure I'll do two weeks before forming an opinion. I want to do this but I know if I don't see any kind of results (no matter how little) that it will be hard for me not to start cheating.

My new favorite is to sautee mushrooms in WF BBQ. It is sooooo good!!!! I can't turn into a mushroom right?:D I picked up some frozen rhubarb so excited to try that out tonight!!!!

Mushrooms are great for you! They contain a variety of powerful phytochemicals and have been linked to decreased risk of chronic diseases. What's not to like about that? Have a wonderful day!

bttrhalf
07-12-2012, 09:59 AM
today 17yrs ago I had my beautiful son. wishing him a great day.:joker:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wUjHoFW/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wUjHoFW/)

justbecause53
07-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Hi ALL. Just started Day 2 of my return to IP. Been off for about 6 months (Momma died) and gained 15 of my 50 back. Nipping it in the bud and working down even a little more. I planned on waiting till September but am realizing that NOW is when I need to begin. My DH and I are renewing our wedding vows August 19 (40 years) and that seems like a fantastic motivator. Swimsuit here I come!

Ah, you're so smart not to have put off your return to IP. Sorry about the loss of your mom. Those life stressers can impact us in ways we can't even imagine and may not even be aware of. August 19 seems like a perfectly wonderful motivator. Congratulations on 40 years of marriage! Good luck!

wuv2bloved
07-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Vet, Us southern people can "fix" ANY thing...lol...Did she say where in the South she was from?

Just had my omelette with a little mustard and the omelette is growing on me after 4 days :) I forgot to stop at the farmer's market to get more lettuce, but I will be okay. I am taking my raw veggies to work and I think I will try the chicken al a king again today and try not to overflow it in the micro...maybe it will be better this time :)

Are pickles free if they are 0 calories?
Pickles count toward your veggies for the day :)

ve to give the program at least a month, 2 weeks isn't enough. Your body is just getting used of this way of eating in 2 weeks. What are your stats? how much do you want to lose? Don't give up on this program, it works!

Welcome back Maykat!!:hug::hug:So sorry about your mom. I am glad you are back to get that 15lbs back off and a little more before your trip away to celebrate.

Good morning everyone, its a slow day here but the sun is shining for now anyways, I am sure later we will get that afternoon thunderstorm. Hope everyone has a good day :)

Lynnie63
07-12-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm wearing size 18 jeans!!! They're not even the stretchy kind!

Tigerlvr52
07-12-2012, 10:12 AM
This is a reply from last night to CarCamMom

Quote:

This is exactly my problem! I just need something...Do you count this towards your 8 oz of protein each day? I was at the grocery store for an hour today looking for some lunchmeat that would be 0 carbs/0 sugar....tough to find one. Which kind have you found?

I go to the deli section and get the oven roasted turkey slices. If I am really hungry I will get 1/4 lb which is 4 oz then go for a small chicken breast in the evening to round off my 8-9 oz of meat. 2 or 3 slices of turkey is usually less than 1 oz if they slice it thin. This works for me an has allowed me to not stray during my work week.

mom2hi
07-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Vet - you're funny!!!

On the road today for work. In the car for 4 hours with 3 guys, and meetings and walk throughs for most of the day. Drank my iced coffee with IP pudding already and have dill pickle zippers for a snack later. Hopefully we go somewhere for lunch that I can have a salad or grilled chicken. Might end up at a hospital cafeteria since that's where all the meetings are. I'm sure they would have something I can eat.

One NSV - I'm wearing a pair if pants today that have had the tags on for a year, because I couldn't fit into them!!!!
Meetings...car rides, etc, could be a challenging day but it sounds like you've got a plan of attack! Good luck and awesome NSV!

Morning everyone, well today is the day WI#3 wish me luck. I will take any loss in lbs and inches. :^::^:
sending everyone good thoughts for staying OP.
Good Luck!!

clinic scale:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but6/lb/197.8/145/186.4/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Today I have a job interview. In the past I would've been planning my food in a different way (iif it goes well what treat can I have to celebrate....if it goes poorly what kind of Ben & Jerrys will make me feel better?) Instead I am eating my IP oatmeal and checking out this awesome support network! Have a wonderful OP day everyone!

Trishak
07-12-2012, 10:20 AM
It's a GREAT morning!!! Had WI# 26 this morning and.....

4.6 Pounds GONE FOR-EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That makes 70 pounds total, and 5 until my original goal (technically 4.6). My coach and I talked, and I am not formally changing my goal, but I am going to stay on phase 1 until I feel ready to move on, taking it week to week. After such a huge loss, I suspect things will be slow for the next couple weeks (that's my history), so I went ahead and booked my appointments through August.

Oh, and NSV, all my pants were too big on me today. Need to go SHOPPING! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

I hope everyone has a great 100% IP Day today!!!

rainbowsmiles
07-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Good morning friends.

I think I have begun to notice a pattern with my weight loss. Every so often I will have will have 2-3 days of EXTREME hunger. I mean I'd eat the walls if I could open my jaws wide enough, hungry. Then WOOSH the weight falls off in a big chunk and the hunger goes away. Over the next few days the scale will do its usual 2 pound cha-cha-cha which makes me feel like I'm gaining, losing, gaining, but then the hungeries hit again. Two days later the big loss happens again.

Any one else experiencing this? Kind of makes hunger a good thing, like the last hundred yards of a race; something you power through for the goal.

eat the walls....that cracked me up!! :rofl:

i can totally relate!! i was getting frustrated so i started tracking my weight everyday (yes i know they say don't weigh everyday) but i started documenting it to see the pattern and i am the same way. i don't compare my loss from day to day to each other anymore, now i go back a week before and see the difference....so now i am not discouraged at all when i show a 2 lb jump from one day to the next because i know that whoosh is coming!!

you are so right about that 2 lbs cha-cha-cha!!! :dance:

i think its important to see the trend we have because we are all different and will lose differently!!

hang in there grandma, YOU GOT THIS!! :cheer2:

justbecause53
07-12-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm wearing size 18 jeans!!! They're not even the stretchy kind!

Hurray! Stretchy pants begone! I know exactly how you feel! Just last week I dropped a size and realized that my new size didn't need the "stretch" in the waistband! These NSV help keep us going, for sure. For me, they tend to be unexpected surprises, making them even more fun! Congratulations, Lynnie!

CoolChickInAFatSuit
07-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Good morning. I posted this in the alternatives thread yesterday and got zero response. Hoping it will get noticed here Nd someone can help me out. I did read through previous alternative posts, but didn't really find what I'm looking for.

Can someone in the know give me clarification on this?
When choosing an alternative product:

1) you should go by net carbs, meaning I should subtract fiber and sugar alcohol from the total carbs?

2) the serving should be under 9 net carbs to be considered unrestricted?

3) are there a minimum and maximum amounts of protein and carbs I should be consuming per day?

I have tried Muscle Milk Lite from Walmart and yesterday i bought Premier Protein RTDs at Costco. I think those are considered ok with IP.
Thanks for your input. Although I feel more comfortable staying with IP products, financially I just can't do it anymore.

Momto2cs
07-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Morning all!

I'm about ready to throw my scale out. It's not moving how I'd like to see it ESPECIALLY when I've been SO careful about getting lots of lean meats in this week. It doesn't help either that my husband has moved to Phase 2 and is now losing MORE weight than on Phase 1. GRR!!

I've got a busy day of doctors appointments. Going to try and hit up some consignment shops while I'm out on my own (hubby took the day off and is staying with the kids!!).

Mine always moves better when I have fattier meats. I think it helps keep things moving....
Some veggies like turnips also can cause short term water retention.

Being so close to your goal is exciting, but those last pounds can be very slow!

Kaypix
07-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Good morning friends.
Morning Grandma,
Yeah I go through something similar, but it only happens maybe once every couple of weeks where I am suddenly starving. I'll eat an extra shake, then have extra meat, then an extra bar, and the next two days I'll lose like 2-3 lbs and not regain it. I don't know if it has to do with how our metabolisms fluctuate with the hormones or something, but I feel your pain! LoL

dizzyjean
07-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Morning all!

Nova, Hoping the whoosh fairy will visit you while you are out and around. Let me know your fav consignment shops. My clothes are super loose!

shathom
07-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Down another 5 lbs at WI #13! The woosh fairy visited me:D Hope everyone has great NSVs and WIs today!

Kaypix
07-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Morning everyone. I'm having an extremely productive morning, just not with anything work related! LoL having fun with the recipe book and another PDF I'm making for a different forum, just kind of toodling along. Our dogs get to meet a little old man (10 yo pug/boxer looking thing) tonight at our house, if they hit it off we might be dogsitting in a couple weeks.

My bike is up and running like a dream. I was a hero last night, DH was freaking out (i kid you not) for the last week "i need to find my gloves" which translates from man-speak "find my gloves because i never put anything away so wouldn't know where to start looking". I finally caved last night at midnight and went to the same closet i told him they were in (he told me he looked and they weren't there) guess what i found... yeah, the gloves. They are cushioned and his hands are falling asleep from the vibrations on his bike, so he was hoping the gloves helped reduce the vibration.

Now I know he's back to his old antics, was up until 2AM fretting about his exhaust on his bike. I swear he's gotten worse with his obsessive behavior about his bike. Less than a week after it was done, he was bored. Two weeks after it's done, he's looking at what he could have done different. Three weeks after it's done (this week) he's asking me if we can start talking about his next project! GAh!!!!! AT least it is only paint on the bike he's talking about, but it'll still run $1k+ so I"m all irritable about it. Then he's freaking about his exhaust heat shield and just, grrrr, and how it touches the frame so heats it up (damn that conductive metal)...sorry, i digress.

anyways, i'm off to make my morning shake, had coffee with some EAS in it this morning to tide me over for a while. had a mini-gain of 0.2 this morning, so not even thinking about it, i was crazy dehydrated yesterday and rode the motorcycle a ton, so might have retained some water or gained some muscle. toodles to all!

guttergirl9
07-12-2012, 11:01 AM
wuv- hmmm I need to read up on how to do the quote's. My stats are 5'11 and 303. I assume you mean those :smug: Realistically I need to lose 150 but I'd be happy w/ myself if I got back down to 200. I'll do my weighin on Sun so hopefully there will be something. I'll definitely keep in mind the month min!!!!
Thanks for everyones input and responses !!!!
It's almost ticker time :carrot: (another thing to read up on)

usmcvet
07-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Wuv she did but I forgot. I was laughing and nervous about the surgery.

mooselover
07-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Good morning everyone. I am having a great time with my Mom and sister, so I haven't had much time to spend on here. I am not doing very well this week. Phase 2 was harder than I thought, but I have been away from home for at least 1 meal a day and I haven't had very many good choices where they wanted to eat. I am not fretting about it. I am moving on to phase 3 on Friday after my WI due to my surgery next week. I am going to move back to phase 1 to finish to my goal weight after I heal.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

DenverGal
07-12-2012, 11:10 AM
NovaScents -- I know how you feel about the scale and being extra cautious...I'm just trying to keep the faith in the program. On the bright side, the scale hasn't moved, but I certainly feel better in my clothes, and in general -- I hope you are having those nsv even if the scale isn't working.

I am kinda frustrated with the whole thing, but have decided that I am going to stick it out through the end of august -- if I lose more, great, if I don't, well, I doubt I will gain.

On another note...I get the pleasure of apologizing to a coworker today for something I don't think I should have to apologize for...the joys of office politics and bowing to the most sensitive person in the office...

Oh well, tomorrow's Friday, and then the weekend...woohoo

wuv2bloved
07-12-2012, 11:12 AM
wuv- hmmm I need to read up on how to do the quote's. My stats are 5'11 and 303. I assume you mean those :smug: Realistically I need to lose 150 but I'd be happy w/ myself if I got back down to 200. I'll do my weighin on Sun so hopefully there will be something. I'll definitely keep in mind the month min!!!!
Thanks for everyones input and responses !!!!
It's almost ticker time :carrot: (another thing to read up on)

You really need to give it more than 2 weeks. Yes that is the stats I was talking about. I started out at 388lbs now 15 months later I am at 219lbs....170lbs lighter...it works!!....list what you have in a day food wise and we will see what you are maybe forgetting or could add more of. That is if you don't mind :)

lotusflowerbomb
07-12-2012, 11:24 AM

My bathroom issues are the opposite of yours. I get locked up. The only time I have had things go right through me have been the times I have cheated. Go figure. I have to take the Novilax and even that dosen't always move me.:dizzy:

athebeach
07-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Mom2hi- Good luck on your job interview.
I had ried the cereal egg white pancakes and they were OK, but not fantastic. I could not find the rolling pin, so used the hammer to crush the cereal, not too sucessfully. Today I tried again, Put the cereal in the blender and added the egg whites and whipped it up. They were awesome. I did not remember to add any flavorings, but used WF bluebberry syrup. I will make this again for sure.
Have a great OP day!! Remembe the weekend is almost here.

Rhonduz
07-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Kaypix
Love your story about obsessive dh. Mine is similar with putting together vintage BSAs (64, 65, 66, 67), back to showroom quality. (nutz) everytime he complains about the cost of IP, I remind him of the $s he spent on eBay! Oh and when I said dh, my iPad wants to correct it to duh! Haha

Good luck on WIs today!

lotusflowerbomb
07-12-2012, 11:39 AM
I was just wondering how everyone was handleing buying new clothes and getting rid of old ones. Do you buy them as you are losing weight? Are you waiting until you hit your goal? I have clothes that range from a 16W to a 14 in my closet. I don't have too much stuff in the 14 so I am running out of options. Somedays I wear things that are clearly too big. I am trying to hold off on purchasing something until I get closer to my goal. Maybe I can reward myself with clothes instead of food.

locopollo
07-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Good morning. I posted this in the alternatives thread yesterday and got zero response. Hoping it will get noticed here Nd someone can help me out. I did read through previous alternative posts, but didn't really find what I'm looking for.

1) you should go by net carbs, meaning I should subtract fiber and sugar alcohol from the total carbs?

3) are there a minimum and maximum amounts of protein and carbs I should be consuming per day?

I have tried Muscle Milk Lite from Walmart and yesterday i bought Premier Protein RTDs at Costco. I think those are considered ok with IP.
Thanks for your input. Although I feel more comfortable staying with IP products, financially I just can't do it anymore.O

I've no idea, but I do know if you google an IP product by name, often nutritional info comes up. Good luck!

locopollo
07-12-2012, 11:45 AM
I was just wondering how everyone was handleing buying new clothes and getting rid of old ones. Do you buy them as you are losing weight? Are you waiting until you hit your goal? I have clothes that range from a 16W to a 14 in my closet. I don't have too much stuff in the 14 so I am running out of options. Somedays I wear things that are clearly too big. I am trying to hold off on purchasing something until I get closer to my goal. Maybe I can reward myself with clothes instead of food.

I love thrift stores!

anitamarlene
07-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Good morning! Lovely overcast and slightly cool day here in western SD. Excited to be 100% on plan, posted my daily menu and have promised my future self that today I will not break and I will not cheat.

My husband is out of town for work and the evenings are my toughest time. A little too quiet and my hands are a little too idle. Last night I made the pudding muffins- fantastic! Lemon pudding - added poppy seeds and almond extract and put a little WF Syrup. Tonight I will try another combination. I think it will help with the boredom and loneliness. Baking was a big hobby of mine so that makes me feel more like my old self too.

Have a great on plan day!

IPdivajen
07-12-2012, 11:46 AM
My bathroom issues are the opposite of yours. I get locked up. The only time I have had things go right through me have been the times I have cheated. Go figure. I have to take the Novilax and even that dosen't always move me.:dizzy:

Try the floralax if you're having lots of trouble. Novilax isn't good for long term use but floralax can be used every day. It's changed my life!

Soootiff
07-12-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm back! I've been off of IP for a little over a month, but I'm back and ready to get this done! I have my wedding next August, engagement photo's this September, trips, etc. I need to do it! I've missed the great feeling of losing and the amazing sleep I was getting on IP. SO, here I am!

I went to my WI yesterday and was up a total of 4 lbs., 1%BF and a few inches. Not too bad, but it needs to go!

Lynnie63
07-12-2012, 12:00 PM

I think it depends on the situation and how much you have to loose.

I'm luckier than most out there I wear jeans to work (work in a pool store and often get chlorine on my pants), so I don't have to wear (can't) wear professional clothes to work.

I just went to Savers (like Goodwill, but huge) this weekend and bought 3 pairs of jeans and a couple of belts (to hold up the now quite large jeans), and summer purse for $39.

I will be buying clothes from now and then, because I still have 80 pounds to loose. I'll just go to concignment and thrift stores with non-thrift store purchase if needed for a special ocassion.

Plus, it feels good to wear clothes that fit right, you feel better about yourself than being all schluppy in ill-fitting clothes.

Ramjet254
07-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Good morning everyone,

I'm in the middle of week two and have lost 8 pounds already. Today I find myself very depressed and I think I'm mourning the loss of my protective shield (fat) and the loss of my drug of choice (food).

Still, I know that cheating is not an option for me. I had a delicious chocolate drink this morning with cocoa powder, cinnamon, and some WF caramel syrup. It was great!

I echo what someone else posted (sort of) earlier. Acknowledge your feelings, make room for your feelings, feel your feelings. Then, let go of your feelings and do the things that you know you need to do. At least that is what is working for me this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day today.

lotusflowerbomb
07-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Try the floralax if you're having lots of trouble. Novilax isn't good for long term use but floralax can be used every day. It's changed my life!

Where do you buy the floralax from?

Bdmom
07-12-2012, 12:09 PM
GrandmaKiss I sure hope you are right! I was so hungry Monday and yesterday - today's ok so far, but boy - I hope you are onto something!

IPdivajen I am jealous. I can't wait to see Magic Mike. I am more of a Robert Pattinson and Ryan Gosling fan, but Channing Tatum looks sooo good! Let us know how it is!

I am looking forward to a great day. Working from home so that should be relaxing! And then, LosingLawyer and I are going to go to Body Pump! Anyone else do this? The new routine (Body Pump 82) is intense in a "hurts so good" kind of way! Have a great day everyone ;)

lotusflowerbomb
07-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Good morning everyone,

I'm in the middle of week two and have lost 8 pounds already. Today I find myself very depressed and I think I'm mourning the loss of my protective shield (fat) and the loss of my drug of choice (food).

Still, I know that cheating is not an option for me. I had a delicious chocolate drink this morning with cocoa powder, cinnamon, and some WF caramel syrup. It was great!

I echo what someone else posted (sort of) earlier. Acknowledge your feelings, make room for your feelings, feel your feelings. Then, let go of your feelings and do the things that you know you need to do. At least that is what is working for me this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day today.

Thanks for the feelings quote. I needed to hear that. I have been an emotional rollercoaster. Not to count I am craving fried chicen wings from Pizza Brothers. Oh yum. I will eat my veggies for lunch instead and enjoy them. I know my cravings are mental and not physical. The hunger is physical but the cravings aren't.;)

CarCamMom
07-12-2012, 12:24 PM
This is a reply from last night to CarCamMom

Quote:

This is exactly my problem! I just need something...Do you count this towards your 8 oz of protein each day? I was at the grocery store for an hour today looking for some lunchmeat that would be 0 carbs/0 sugar....tough to find one. Which kind have you found?

I go to the deli section and get the oven roasted turkey slices. If I am really hungry I will get 1/4 lb which is 4 oz then go for a small chicken breast in the evening to round off my 8-9 oz of meat. 2 or 3 slices of turkey is usually less than 1 oz if they slice it thin. This works for me an has allowed me to not stray during my work week.

I'm going to go get some today. I will probably drive the deli guy crazy because I will need to check all of the nutrition labels. Last week I was there checking labels and found out that my favorite chicken breast from Healthy Ones had 1 gram of sugar and 1 carb. I haven't had any of this since starting IP, but it still makes me mad that the manufacturers have to add sugar to everything! No wonder our country is in an obesity crisis!

Soootiff
07-12-2012, 12:25 PM
GrandmaKiss I sure hope you are right! I was so hungry Monday and yesterday - today's ok so far, but boy - I hope you are onto something!

IPdivajen I am jealous. I can't wait to see Magic Mike. I am more of a Robert Pattinson and Ryan Gosling fan, but Channing Tatum looks sooo good! Let us know how it is!

I am looking forward to a great day. Working from home so that should be relaxing! And then, LosingLawyer and I are going to go to Body Pump! Anyone else do this? The new routine (Body Pump 82) is intense in a "hurts so good" kind of way! Have a great day everyone ;)

I LOVE Body Pump! Last time I was on IP, I did it and felt very sick afterwards. I hope in the next few months to get back to going at least twice a week. I am starting running again, as I have a 5k and 10k in the next few months, I'm looking forward to getting back into my workouts, but a bit nerveous in terms of how it goes and how I feel, but we will see.

Good luck with Body Pump today. The hurts so good is a great feeling when it's done!

LizRR
07-12-2012, 12:32 PM

ENJOY YOUR DAY! And the scale always plays tricks with us - I've had my own battles - but we are winning the war! I am hitting up some consignments the weekend after next - cleared out my closet for some trades.

I have this EXACT pattern - and it is a TRUE hunger, nothing 'mental' about it.

My coach and I talked, and I am not formally changing my goal, but I am going to stay on phase 1 until I feel ready to move on, taking it week to week.

My original goal with my coach is still set at 150, but I told her I will take it week by week in Phase 1 until I feel comfortable. I definitely feel more comfortable in my skin, but I'd like to get my BF% down some more before I phase off (that's my main driver more than the scale).

On another note...I get the pleasure of apologizing to a coworker today for something I don't think I should have to apologize for...the joys of office politics and bowing to the most sensitive person in the office...

Ugh, I swear the most hormonal person on my program is a guy and I want to slip a bottle of Pamprin on his desk every day to see if it would curb his 'sensitivity'. Office politics blow.

Today I tried again, Put the cereal in the blender and added the egg whites and whipped it up. They were awesome. I did not remember to add any flavorings, but used WF bluebberry syrup. I will make this again for sure.

I always whip up my egg whites with my immersion blender whisk attachment until 'frothy' before I fold in my crushed cereal, 1/2 tsp baking powder, & 3 oz water. I also add pumpkin pie spice and will add shredded zucchini when I need more 'bulk' in my breakfast (usually on Sundays weightlifting breakfast days - I make them on the weekends when I have time to 'cook' breakfast). I usually have a tub of rhubarb cooked with WF strawberry in the fridge that I will top them off with sometimes as well (WF Panckake syrup is out of stock right now - that's my favorite).

I'm down to my barebones right now, and they are all slightly big as well. I've been hitting up the Old Navy clearance rack (w/coupons) - but I work in a casual environment. I buy my jeans every other size (I started with 16s/14s and 1 pair of size 12 'goal jeans' - then waited to buy 8s, then bought 4s, which I am wearing now - spent $16 each on them - there is a period of extreme butt sagginess). I get a few select cheap tops and don't spend more than $5 each on them, they don't last very long - but I don't usually stay in them long either. Some of my old tops still fit, albeit a bit blousy, but not too extreme. I plan on buying a 'real' wardrobe when I hit goal. I dumped all my size 16s, 14s, and XL tops for $1 each at a garage sale in May, but now I have a second set of clothes that I am taking to a consignment store weekend after next and see what I can exchange them for (this set is nicer than the first set, which was another Old Navy dumping).

You may be going through a hormonal swing due to your fat burning. Remember that estrogen is stored in your fat cells and gets released as you burn off the fat on this diet - hence crazy TOM, failed birth control, and unexpected emotional rollercoasters.

LizRR
07-12-2012, 12:35 PM
And then, LosingLawyer and I are going to go to Body Pump! Anyone else do this? The new routine (Body Pump 82) is intense in a "hurts so good" kind of way! Have a great day everyone ;)

I have BODYPUMP tonight as well! I had already started increasing my weights with release 81, then went ahead and increased them again with the new release (per my instructors suggestion) - she said since the sets are a little shorter. I am seeing real definition in my arms & shoulders - and my legs are definitely feeling much firmer. I go 3x/week, but I actually skipped this Tuesday because of allergies/car trouble. Enjoy!

CarCamMom
07-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Good Morning, All! Both of my girls decided they wanted to go to Boys and Girls Club today so I am home all day BY MYSELF!!! What to do, what to do!?!?!? I'll probably clean a closet and then sit on this forum all day...LOL

So, here's a question for everyone...I just had my second WI this week and am very happy with the program and am hoping for great results. I am not hungry at all, but am still dealing with very strong cravings all of the time. I know I am not hungry, but still am craving something...sweet or salty...it doesn't matter, I just want something. I have done the typical stuff...drinking hot tea, drinking more water, distract myself with something, come to this site, etc. I am getting all of my veggies in and more than enough water. Like I said, I'm not hungry at all. It's just these cravings that I am afraid I won't be able to stay strong against. Someone talked about eating their walls today....Last night I was ready to eat my pillow. Any suggestions? Does this get better or is it something that I will just have to learn to control? I've always had cravings which is probably why I probably have this weight issue to begin with. I was hoping IP would help to elimanate them. What do you guys think?

Tiger gave me a great suggestion last night about having some deli meat ready during the day and breaking up the protein into smaller doses. I'm going to try that today...anyone else have any thoughts?

readytolive
07-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I've been a bit emotional the past few days (TOM, I'm sure), but I read earlier on here about estrogen being released when the fat is breaking down and it felt like a hallelujah moment.

The diet has been great to me, the results are showing and I feel better than ever, but I don't think I knew what it would be like to lose weight.. the feelings aspect. My body is changing every day and while I do love it, I haven't been this small in.. I don't even remember. Getting into new sizes of jeans and clothes is one of the best feelings, but it also leaves me a bit unsettled at times? If that makes any sense.

Ng951
07-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Just checking in to tell everyone here that I lost 2lbs this week for a total of 71lbs. Boy is it wonderful being thinner with the warm weather. Thanks again everyone. I love to read all the posts. Many nights I come on here to read so I do not get into mischief ;)

locopollo
07-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the feelings quote. I needed to hear that. I have been an emotional rollercoaster. Not to count I am craving fried chicen wings from Pizza Brothers. Oh yum. I will eat my veggies for lunch instead and enjoy them. I know my cravings are mental and not physical. The hunger is physical but the cravings aren't.;)

Maybe some wing sauce on plain chicken would help?

I have Beachbody's Body Pump. Can't wait to get back to it. I miss my workouts. I do love sleeping in though!

pianonan
07-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Hi Everyone! Day #4! Talked to my coach and added an extra potassium pill for the leg cramps. So far, so good. I'm really struggling to eat a salad - the last two days I've only been able to to choke down a bite. I usually love salads, but with cheese, croutons, and creamy dressing :) Does anyone know if we can add any type of bacon (perhaps turkey bacon?) to our salads? Any other suggestions for salads?

This morning I felt "off", just not myself so I'm wondering if I'm hitting detox. Thanks for listening! I'm grateful!

pianonan
07-12-2012, 01:12 PM
I've been a bit emotional the past few days (TOM, I'm sure), but I read earlier on here about estrogen being released when the fat is breaking down and it felt like a hallelujah moment.

The diet has been great to me, the results are showing and I feel better than ever, but I don't think I knew what it would be like to lose weight.. the feelings aspect. My body is changing every day and while I do love it, I haven't been this small in.. I don't even remember. Getting into new sizes of jeans and clothes is one of the best feelings, but it also leaves me a bit unsettled at times? If that makes any sense.
Hi! I just read what you wrote and I am so relieved. I feel so "off" and sad and just weird. It sounds like others feel this way as well! Good Luck!

GrandmaKiss
07-12-2012, 01:15 PM

Thanks for your input. Although I feel more comfortable staying with IP products, financially I just can't do it anymore.

After analyzing the IP nutrition stats I have come up with this chart for alternative foods. I use only total carbs because IP doesn't post net carbs.

Unrestricted Calories 80-120 Carbs <9 Protein 15-18
Restricted Calories 140-170 Carbs 9-17 Protein 14-15
Twice a week Calories 160-220 Carbs 18-23 Protein <12

I figure I can't count anything as unrestricted that has LESS Protein, or MORE calories, carbs as on the chart.

This was not scientific, I just jotted down the ranges from the IP nutrition sheet.

Tigerlvr52
07-12-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm going to go get some today. I will probably drive the deli guy crazy because I will need to check all of the nutrition labels. Last week I was there checking labels and found out that my favorite chicken breast from Healthy Ones had 1 gram of sugar and 1 carb. I haven't had any of this since starting IP, but it still makes me mad that the manufacturers have to add sugar to everything! No wonder our country is in an obesity crisis!

Here's my opinion and what has worked for me. All of your lean meats will have some carbs in them, so I take that in to consideration when I eat more turkey during the day vs less. If I eat the entire 1/4 lb then my meat for the evening is chicken or super lean fish. If I am only eating a slice or 2 to get over the "i need to chew something besides gum" feeling then I eat beef in the evening. It balances out for me. You will find what works for you. I even take 1 stick of trident gum and cut it into 4 itty bitty pieces to chew through out the day and still only have one piece.

IPdivajen
07-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Where do you buy the floralax from?

I get it through my coach, but I think you can buy it elsewhere too, ie iherb.com

jennlnige
07-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Good Afternoon everyone. I had a GREAT first day yesterday!! I know I shouldn't weigh myself at home, but...I did, down 2.4 in the first day. I feel good about that.

So far so good today. I was all ready to feel all yucky, but still doing good. The foods I have tried have been good.

I had the Blueberry, cran, promg drink this morning. It was good, but it seems like it would be something I would like to be a little thicker. Can I had some spinach and ice and and put in the blender? Or will it make it taste funny?

-Jennifer

greeniris
07-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Hi All - I'll read later, but gotta say today is really hard! I work in a church and they've been getting ready for a huge Flea Market all week. Today they brought in the baked goods...and set up that table right outside my office door! Oh maaannnnnn....I literally have to turn my head away from it every time I go by it. :cry:

KellyonIP
07-12-2012, 01:38 PM
hmmm, I'm trying to learn how to do all of this. I really love the IP diet! I have been a member on here for awhile but not at all consistent, and have never figured out how to post. So here goes again. I look forward to the support I can gain from this and also whatever help I can give. I lost 30 pounds last year on this plan. Sadly, I had some set backs and have gained it all back plus another 10! So just started again. :carrot:

lotusflowerbomb
07-12-2012, 01:38 PM
I get it through my coach, but I think you can buy it elsewhere too, ie iherb.com

I went to buy the floralax, it's a powder. Is it hard to drink? What does it taste like? I was expecting a pill like the Novilax.

lotusflowerbomb
07-12-2012, 01:43 PM
hmmm, I'm trying to learn how to do all of this. I really love the IP diet! I have been a member on here for awhile but not at all consistent, and have never figured out how to post. So here goes again. I look forward to the support I can gain from this and also whatever help I can give. I lost 30 pounds last year on this plan. Sadly, I had some set backs and have gained it all back plus another 10! So just started again. :carrot:

Welcome back! I am new to this forum too. Best of luck to you.

rainbowsmiles
07-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Hi All - I'll read later, but gotta say today is really hard! I work in a church and they've been getting ready for a huge Flea Market all week. Today they brought in the baked goods...and set up that table right outside my office door! Oh maaannnnnn....I literally have to turn my head away from it every time I go by it. :cry:

STAY STRONG!
:strong:
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

IPdivajen
07-12-2012, 01:49 PM
I went to buy the floralax, it's a powder. Is it hard to drink? What does it taste like? I was expecting a pill like the Novilax.

Huh. Mine's a pill...

joysh
07-12-2012, 01:54 PM
It's a GREAT morning!!! Had WI# 26 this morning and.....4.6 Pounds GONE FOR-EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes 70 pounds total.. :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Fantastic, Trishak! :):)

Hi! I just read what you wrote and I am so relieved. I feel so "off" and sad and just weird. It sounds like others feel this way as well! Good Luck!

I found that I have a day like this every so often. I think it's part of our bodies adjusting to the new weight and also our mental images of ourselves changing. Kind of a "grieving" process, even though we know that the new is so, so much better than what we were. Just my two cents... :hug:

Have a wonderful day, everyone! I'm getting a really late start today, but it's summer. Rain, rain rain in Louisiana....:wave:

RN4Babies
07-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and stomach bug. Ugh. I'm having a hard time getting my veggies in. So far I've only had some broth and two shakes. Oh, and lots of water. Hoping to "flush" the bug out and get the veggies in for dinner and a late snack. Luckily, my 15 month old seems healthy, but is taking it easy on me today :)

Today is two weeks on IP and so far...I LOVE IT! The scale is moving and more importantly, my mind is getting into the right place regarding my codependent relationship with food :)

As always, thank you for your inspiration, recipes and advice. This site is an endless resource I am so appreciative for! Have a great Thursday everyone!

Trishak
07-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Hi Everyone! Day #4! Talked to my coach and added an extra potassium pill for the leg cramps. So far, so good. I'm really struggling to eat a salad - the last two days I've only been able to to choke down a bite. I usually love salads, but with cheese, croutons, and creamy dressing :) Does anyone know if we can add any type of bacon (perhaps turkey bacon?) to our salads? Any other suggestions for salads?

This morning I felt "off", just not myself so I'm wondering if I'm hitting detox. Thanks for listening! I'm grateful!

Hey there! You are doing great! Two things as far as the salads go:
1. you don't HAVE to eat salad. At first I had trouble with them, so I opted for steamed or roasted veggies. I even just ate pickles a few days when I didn't want a salad. Cucumber slices, celery, sprinkled with a little sea salt is also great!

2. Now I eat a salad most days with lunch. I like to make the biulk romaine and iceberg. Then I add my veggies. To give it a little something, I sometimes add a sprinkling of hard boiled egg (deduct from my dinner protein, but I don't use much, maybe 1/2 an egg), or even a little diced turkey or chicken (again, deduct from the 8 oz. allowance). Maybe even add a touch of veggie shreds cheese. For a dressing, I use vinegar and spicy mustard with a tiny bit of olive oil.

You got this!!!!
:D:D:D
Trish

pianonan
07-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Hey there! You are doing great! Two things as far as the salads go:
1. you don't HAVE to eat salad. At first I had trouble with them, so I opted for steamed or roasted veggies. I even just ate pickles a few days when I didn't want a salad. Cucumber slices, celery, sprinkled with a little sea salt is also great!

2. Now I eat a salad most days with lunch. I like to make the biulk romaine and iceberg. Then I add my veggies. To give it a little something, I sometimes add a sprinkling of hard boiled egg (deduct from my dinner protein, but I don't use much, maybe 1/2 an egg), or even a little diced turkey or chicken (again, deduct from the 8 oz. allowance). Maybe even add a touch of veggie shreds cheese. For a dressing, I use vinegar and spicy mustard with a tiny bit of olive oil.

You got this!!!!
:D:D:D
Trish
Thanks so much Trish! I love cucumbers and celery so if I can have those instead I'll be good! The egg idea is great as well! I actually think I wasn't getting enough protein at my evening meal so adding some at lunch should help. I also have found that this first week I was given a sample of products and I'm not liking a lot of the soups/chili so hopefully next week I will choose the items that will keep me more satisfied!

Thanks for the inspiration! You look amazing! If I'm reading correctly you are almost at goal!!!

Nancy

paulimapi
07-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Gah my dad is making pizza from scratch and it smells so good :( Also, how many of you take flaxseed meal? It's practically 0 net carbs since it's all fiber and it helps with my constipation so I love it.

KellyonIP
07-12-2012, 02:35 PM
I've been playing with this all morning! I think I might have managed to set up my ticker...finally!! :-) Then again, maybe not! :-( I need help!

Ramjet254
07-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Well, my feelings of depression have totally gone away. Hooray!

I had turnip "fries" with lunch today and they were great. Here's my confession: I have never eaten a turnip before in my life. What was I waiting for? They are delicious!

Thanks to all who reminded me that hormones are released as the fat is released. I had a total hysterectomy almost 5 years ago so I don't think about hormones at all anymore. At least I have no other TOM issues....

lotusflowerbomb
07-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Huh. Mine's a pill...

Do you take Flora-Flax Omega perhaps?

anitamarlene
07-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Feeling frustrated. For the summer I have been going home from work around 2:00 to let my dogs outside and then work from home the rest of the day. Well today my mom is by my house and can let them out, I think great I can go the gym during my lunch hour! (Bought the membership near work rather than near my home 30 miles away). Didn't have gym clothes, but I have a locker there with swim stuff. All morning I am pumped for a noon swim. I get in my car at noon and remember I don't have a towel - normally have one drying in the locker but I decided last time to deep clean my robe and towel. So no swimming.

And then last night I was super motivated to ride my bike. Changed my clothes got on the bike, flat tire. My DH got some fancy bike pump that of course I didn't know how to use and he wasn't home. No biking. I did use the elliptical and lifted some weights in the basement. But still a bummer.

And for the last month my twice a week walking buddy has been on vacation or busy. So frustrating when you have good intentions, make a plan, take action and then something goes wrong. I think my lack of exercise has been part of my funky mood so I am really trying!

redmomof4
07-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Haven't had time to read through posts yet (school is kicking my rear this semester-who said I have to have a doctorate anyway-oh yeah me!) I will try to catch up to today's. Weighed in today, down another 4lbs and 2.75 inches (1 from my waist and 1 from my thighs!!) for the last two weeks. I ok with that, knowing how I did. Not doing as much Chalean Xtreme, but running some. I skipped WI last week as I got called in to work for an emergency.

I went out of town last weekend and did not stay completely OP. I stuck with the nuts and bolts of protein + veggies but we went out with friends to a Tempanaki (?sp) place where they cook right in front of you. So good, steak, shrimp and veggies that were all OP. Staying food wise OP wasn't the most difficult. I had 3 packets for the 2 days we were there, I did have one soda on the way home as I was soooo tired and had to drive four hours (it had been almost 2 months) but the drinking in the evening is what really drove me OP. I knew it would happen and it was a conscious choice.

We are heading to Eluethera in less than 2 weeks. Starting tomorrow I am on Phase II until Tuesday when I will switch to Phase III which I am nervous about, but I wanted to phase out appropriately for vaca and my coach is helping me to do that. I will still take some packets with me and plan on protein and veggies for dinner and lunch but know I will not completely be OP. I will start right back on phase I on 8/6 when we get home.

I hope every one is doing well and experiencing great losses. LizzRR I happened to see your pic, looking great!!
Shawna

lotusflowerbomb
07-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Morning, all! Just a quick pop in to say hello and happy Thursday. Sun is shining here, I'm going to see Magic Mike tonight, and Big Brother starts. AND tomorrow is Friday. Great day all around!

How do you go to the movie and not eat popcorn? I can not go and not eat it. I don't know what's wrong with me. I think I am either going to have to avoid the movies totally or cheat.:shrug:

Diana B
07-12-2012, 03:45 PM

I have been going to Value Village and Ross Dress For Less for clothing, I had a range of sizes also, mostly in jeans, now I'm running out of those....I finally broke down and ordered some new bras, I'm hard to fit so I can't just go anywhere :mad: and Nordstrom is too expensive right now while I'm still losing, but I'm getting closer to that, lol

Unwaver1ng
07-12-2012, 03:48 PM

I LOVE rhubarb! And I'm definitely gonna try mushrooms with BBQ. That sounds great!

My mom is a nurse in Wisconsin and she would love to have you as a patient :) She always tells fun stories when she can goof around with patients and make them smile.

Today I have a job interview. In the past I would've been planning my food in a different way (iif it goes well what treat can I have to celebrate....if it goes poorly what kind of Ben & Jerrys will make me feel better?) Instead I am eating my IP oatmeal and checking out this awesome support network! Have a wonderful OP day everyone!

Good luck with the interview! Celebrate with something else when you're done!

It's a GREAT morning!!! Had WI# 26 this morning and.....

4.6 Pounds GONE FOR-EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That makes 70 pounds total, and 5 until my original goal (technically 4.6). My coach and I talked, and I am not formally changing my goal, but I am going to stay on phase 1 until I feel ready to move on, taking it week to week. After such a huge loss, I suspect things will be slow for the next couple weeks (that's my history), so I went ahead and booked my appointments through August.

Oh, and NSV, all my pants were too big on me today. Need to go SHOPPING! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Congrats! That is just great.

Wouldn't it be fun to do a clothing exchange? Not that my huge clothes would do you much good...

I have recently been eating tons of salad, cuz it's easiest on the go. I have found that pickles add a little something, and I used the Cheddar Curls to be like the cheese and croutons on the salad.

I've been playing with this all morning! I think I might have managed to set up my ticker...finally!! :-) Then again, maybe not! :-( I need help!

I see it!

paulimapi
07-12-2012, 03:49 PM
How do you go to the movie and not eat popcorn? I can not go and not eat it. I don't know what's wrong with me. I think I am either going to have to avoid the movies totally or cheat.:shrug:

lol and it's even worse when your friends/family do eat popcorn and candy!
Last time I went I ate celery sticks and my IP bar, guess it's better than nothing.

Diana B
07-12-2012, 03:50 PM

There is also a clothing exchange thread, you could try that, I gave some clothes away to someone on the IP daily.....

lotusflowerbomb
07-12-2012, 03:52 PM
I have been going to Value Village and Ross Dress For Less for clothing, I had a range of sizes also, mostly in jeans, now I'm running out of those....I finally broke down and ordered some new bras, I'm hard to fit so I can't just go anywhere :mad: and Nordstrom is too expensive right now while I'm still losing, but I'm getting closer to that, lol

Those are good suggestions. Unfortuantely we don't have Value Village in NJ. And the Ross is in South Jersey and I live in North Jersey. The good thing is, we are at the end of the season so I can pick some things up on the cheap. I just don't know if I am doing it too pre-maturely though.

jules26965
07-12-2012, 03:59 PM

I saw Magic Mike at one of those theatres that serves food/alcohol. I brought my chocolate puffs which I love.

Channing Tatum can DANCE!!! Oh my :dancer::dancer:

aimeed3
07-12-2012, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=redmomof4;4403153], Not doing as much Chalean Xtreme,
/QUOTE]

Oh How I miss Chalene! I am a Turbofire junkie!! :) WEll not anymore since I am on phase 1 for a while.

Bellamack
07-12-2012, 04:14 PM

Hi Kat!

Good to see another familiar face, I did the same thing and am back to get under control.

So sorry about your mom, no greater loss for me. Moms are so special!

Congrats on the upcoming 40 yr. anniversary, hubby and I went to Ireland ( I am Irish) for our 30th in May, it was wonderful!

keep posting :)

aimeed3
07-12-2012, 04:14 PM

I have always been a movie theater popcorn gotsta have it kinda person :D One time I even went into the theater just to get popcorn and I left, LOL.

But since being on IP, I've been to the movies twice. Both times I brought my own water in and I bought a pickle and thats what I had. The popcorn smell didnt even bother me.

IPdivajen
07-12-2012, 04:15 PM

I bring my restricted and a mega big bottle of flavoured water. As much as I love popcorn - and I certainly do - it's just not worth going out of ketosis for!

Bellamack
07-12-2012, 04:25 PM

1. you are correct in "how" you calculate net carbs, but IP doesn't use net carbs, it uses total carbs.
2. the serving should be under 9 total carbs to be "unrestricted"
3. I am sure there is, but if you follow the protocol, you don't have to worry about it.

You can also use Pure Protein bars or Detour low sugar bars. Hope that helps a little

Unwaver1ng
07-12-2012, 04:40 PM
I just got back from my week 3 weigh in. It's been a week and half since the last one, and I lost 7.8lbs! In three weeks, this is 22lbs! I really needed good news and that's what this definitely is! :D

~Jenni

Porthardygurl
07-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Goooooood Afternoon from Hardy....its a beautiful sunny day over here..Just thought i would pop in to say hi and let you know im alive and kickin...Ive had family over and still have family over which is keeping me away from the computer...but i just wanted to say

HELLO!!!

lotusflowerbomb
07-12-2012, 04:56 PM
I just got back from my week 3 weigh in. It's been a week and half since the last one, and I lost 7.8lbs! In three weeks, this is 22lbs! I really needed good news and that's what this definitely is! :D

~Jenni

You go girl!

usmcvet
07-12-2012, 05:19 PM

~Jenni

Awesome Jenni!

NSV today. I brought my watch to the jeweler to have a link removed. Now it only has on, not three extra links in it. And it is still loose. I will be able to drop that link sooo and be using a standard normal watch bracelet. :carrot:

Chloe222
07-12-2012, 05:21 PM

Congrats on baking!

KellyonIP
07-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Yum, I just ate my Veg chili for lunch with raw broccoli, and a couple of baby tomatos. I don't care for the WF dressings, haven't found one yet I liked. Instead I used organic Annies shitake mushroom dressing. I"m sure there is a few ingredients in there that may not be "ok" but it has no carbs and no sugar, so what the heck? We'll see how it goes. :-)

haddy4
07-12-2012, 05:36 PM
:^:Vet, Us southern people can "fix" ANY thing...lol...Did she say where in the South she was from?

Pickles count toward your veggies for the day :)

ve to give the program at least a month, 2 weeks isn't enough. Your body is just getting used of this way of eating in 2 weeks. What are your stats? how much do you want to lose? Don't give up on this program, it works!

Welcome back Maykat!!:hug::hug:So sorry about your mom. I am glad you are back to get that 15lbs back off and a little more before your trip away to celebrate.

Good morning everyone, its a slow day here but the sun is shining for now anyways, I am sure later we will get that afternoon thunderstorm. Hope everyone has a good day :)

WUV im disperate..i had my tracker for awhile and then it disappeared and i miss it...if i message you my password would you fix it ? then i could just change my password after ?? I know its silly but i miss it ha ha

pianonan
07-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Hoping someone can help me with an item I want to make sure is OK. Sorry if this is already out there somewhere, but I tried searching and didn't see anything.

Is it ok to drink Vitamin Water Zero? It shows it contains Truvia, which I think is ok and is 0 cals, but 1% carbs. Thanks!

Kaypix
07-12-2012, 05:45 PM
NSV - I made it to page 4 in the recipe archives!

evepet
07-12-2012, 05:59 PM
1. you are correct in "how" you calculate net carbs, but IP doesn't use net carbs, it uses total carbs.
3. I am sure there is, but if you follow the protocol, you don't have to worry about it.

You can also use Pure Protein bars or Detour low sugar bars. Hope that helps a little

I'm not sure you're right on #1. There are videos which are distributed to new IP members on a weekly basis. I've seen one in which the Dr. of the IP clinic and the coach are discussing the daily carb situation. The Dr. definitely is saying that it's net carbs.

And while I agree if anyone on 'IP proper' follows the protocol they don't need to worry, the original poster is questionning because of her need to start using alternative products, which is a slightly different situation.

justbecause53
07-12-2012, 05:59 PM

I had the same problem with my salads...waaay too much green and not enough crunch. Anyway, I use the big English cucumbers, because they are really crunchy. I also have a dill pickle spear to get me through my less-than-stellar salads. Every couple of forkfuls I'll take a bite of the pickle. Somehow, that tang cuts the yuck factor for me and I make it through the salad. I also add a little salt to the salads, something I never would have done pre-IP. Still not excited for them, but it's a way to get them down, at least for me. Good luck.

pianonan
07-12-2012, 06:06 PM
I had the same problem with my salads...waaay too much green and not enough crunch. Anyway, I use the big English cucumbers, because they are really crunchy. I also have a dill pickle spear to get me through my less-than-stellar salads. Every couple of forkfuls I'll take a bite of the pickle. Somehow, that tang cuts the yuck factor for me and I make it through the salad. I also add a little salt to the salads, something I never would have done pre-IP. Still not excited for them, but it's a way to get them down, at least for me. Good luck.
Thanks! I am putting a jar of pickles on my shopping list! :)

evepet
07-12-2012, 06:17 PM

CoolChick, here's a link to a couple of videos that are a sample of a series which are produced by one of the IP clinics and distributed to several others for their clients. I've noticed some of the posters here mentioning that their clinics send them to them on a regular basis. IMO it's a great service. Both of these videos are discussing the carb issue, but if you scroll down to the second one in the 'Extra Credit' section the Dr. clearly discusses carb vs. net carbs. It's net carbs that you need to count daily.

http://idealcoaching.tv/wp/archives/167

I'd also recommend you read the article about sugar alcohols at this link:
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/sugaralcohols.htm

In reading this, I realized that not all sugar alcohols are equal in the way they may affect our blood sugar, and decided to stick with those that are rated lowest on the glycemic index scale. The article explains it quite clearly.

Hgamroth
07-12-2012, 06:29 PM
I AM IN THE 170s!!!!!!! I cannot remember the last time I was in the 170s! So exciting for me! I weighed in today and had another 2 pound loss. I also had 3 people who I haven't seen in 5 weeks notice and compliment me. I love this program!

justbecause53
07-12-2012, 06:37 PM
I AM IN THE 170s!!!!!!! I cannot remember the last time I was in the 170s! So exciting for me! I weighed in today and had another 2 pound loss. I also had 3 people who I haven't seen in 5 weeks notice and compliment me. I love this program!

Congratulations! Isn't it great to have people begin to notice your weight loss? All your hard work is paying off! Before long the 170s will be in your rearview mirror!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but6/lb/0/89/38/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Stefany1769
07-12-2012, 06:56 PM
I haven't had any bars yet, but if they contain sugar alcohols, that could be your culprit. Try having something else for your meal/snack and see if the problem improves.

Stefany1769, that you for posting that link for IP ice cream on Tuesday evening! I'm going to try it! My (second) WI is tomorrow and Chocolate Drink Mix is on my list, that that will be my flavor.

The scale is moving slowly this week, which I know is how Week 2 most often goes. It does seem like my body is catching up with the rapid loss of Week 1. Yesterday I wore some trousers that had been too tight and they fit much better. :carrot:

Wuv, thanks for looking at tomorrow night's dinner menu the other day. I'm going to have salad and no wine! :)

No problem, I LOVEEEE that recipe! You can use a lot of different flavors for it too. LOL I liked the recipe so much I went out and bought an ice cream machine!! :p

Oh mannnn!! I am so excited about Big Brother coming on! Finally someone else that likes to watch Big Brother :p I dont watch a lot of tv shows, mainly movies and only occasionally. What is Magic Mike? I cant wait for Saturday, not only is it my first WI in two weeks, but I also get to go to the Mystery Dinner Theatre that our local actors are putting on! :D I get to go mudding again on the side by side on Sunday!! LOL Never a dull moment in my life!

Delgen
07-12-2012, 07:14 PM

Hey! Try sauteed rhubarb with some stevia and cinnamon with a plain IP omelet. It is delicious! I have that in the morning for breakfast sometimes.

anitamarlene
07-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Well the salmon that I was going to make tonight smelled fishy (I am not much of a fish person anyway - so anything off is a no go for me!). No other meat thawed. Store not an option since I am so hungry, I make horrible choices then. So take out/delivery. Last time I had a similar dinner dilemma I ordered pizza. Nope this time I ordered from a Steak delivery place. Grilled steak tips and mushrooms and a salad should be here in 25 minutes! If I were drinking I would cheers to making better choices!

Delgen
07-12-2012, 07:23 PM
LotusFlower
I get some things at Second hand stores. Once I hit goal I will get some nicer things.
As far as the old clothes, I donate a few of them to Good Will.

CarCamMom
07-12-2012, 07:44 PM

I would love to give you some wonderful advise on how to stay strong and not give in, but I am with you! I don't think I could stop myself! LOL I will just have to wait until it comes out on video.:)

CarCamMom
07-12-2012, 07:46 PM

~Jenni

WOW! :D

CarCamMom
07-12-2012, 07:49 PM

Great job! Keep up the hard work! It's working!!:D

CoolChickInAFatSuit
07-12-2012, 07:50 PM

I'm not sure you're right on #1. There are videos which are distributed to new IP members on a weekly basis. I've seen one in which the Dr. of the IP clinic and the coach are discussing the daily carb situation. The Dr. definitely is saying that it's net carbs.

And while I agree if anyone on 'IP proper' follows the protocol they don't need to worry, the original poster is questionning because of her need to start using alternative products, which is a slightly different situation.

CoolChick, here's a link to a couple of videos that are a sample of a series which are produced by one of the IP clinics and distributed to several others for their clients. I've noticed some of the posters here mentioning that their clinics send them to them on a regular basis. IMO it's a great service. Both of these videos are discussing the carb issue, but if you scroll down to the second one in the 'Extra Credit' section the Dr. clearly discusses carb vs. net carbs. It's net carbs that you need to count daily.

In reading this, I realized that not all sugar alcohols are equal in the way they may affect our blood sugar, and decided to stick with those that are rated lowest on the glycemic index scale. The article explains it quite clearly.

Thank you so much. I have not received any videos, so I will definitely check these out. Using net carbs make it much easier to find alternatives. My 9 year old foster son has diabetes so I always subtract fiber from the total carbs for him anyway.

Once I get the whole alternative thing figured out, then maybe I will attempt the tracker signature thing :?:

kmc1021
07-12-2012, 07:50 PM
So I am glad that I can say that as soon as I got back I have been 100% and haven't looked back. I knew that I have the will power to jump back in, but starting TOM was NOT a good day to start back up. I made a sweet roll last night because I felt I needed an extra packet and ended up falling asleep a little while after, so I didn't even need it!! Just needed my bed time snack a little earlier!! I got on the scale (Yes, I felt I needed to!) and as of this afternoon I am now less than what I was at my last WI before vaca!! So happy about that!! Making strides in the right direction!!

reneepw
07-12-2012, 08:02 PM
NSV - I made it to page 4 in the recipe archives!

Looks great! I was telling my husband about it; he can't wait to see it too! He's not on IP but he loves to cook, especially 'healthy' and we've found ways to adapt our dinners to accomodate all of us. Can't wait to print it!

reneepw
07-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Awesome Jenni!

NSV today. I brought my watch to the jeweler to have a link removed. Now it only has on, not three extra links in it. And it is still loose. I will be able to drop that link sooo and be using a standard normal watch bracelet. :carrot:

Congrats on that NSV! :D

reneepw
07-12-2012, 08:07 PM
NSV for me this week. We had my son's freshmen orientation at Virginia Tech. Tuesday night was a parent reception at the Inn. An ICE CREAM and brownie/cookie reception. I have such a HUGE sweet tooth and I LOVE ice cream sundaes. I looked at it longingly for about 30 seconds and went to get a cup of Earl grey tea...and that was it. No cravings, no caving! Found some other nice parents to sit with and had a nice time.
Wednesday morning we had breakfast in the college cafeteria - the line up of doughnuts was impressive...again, looked longingly for a minute, grabbed some hardboiled eggs and ate some of the egg white with my shake. No cravings, no caving!
It helped that i was wearing my size 10 jeans for the first time :)

Hopefully the scale will be happy with me!
Renee
aka Hokie mom!

drakegirl
07-12-2012, 08:12 PM
NSV for me this week. We had my son's freshmen orientation at Virginia Tech. Tuesday night was a parent reception at the Inn. An ICE CREAM and brownie/cookie reception. I have such a HUGE sweet tooth and I LOVE ice cream sundaes. I looked at it longingly for about 30 seconds and went to get a cup of Earl grey tea...and that was it. No cravings, no caving! Found some other nice parents to sit with and had a nice time.
Wednesday morning we had breakfast in the college cafeteria - the line up of doughnuts was impressive...again, looked longingly for a minute, grabbed some hardboiled eggs and ate some of the egg white with my shake. No cravings, no caving!

Renee
aka Hokie mom!

Good for you!!! What a fantastic victory!

drakegirl
07-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks! I am putting a jar of pickles on my shopping list! :)

Check the ingredients - some of the pickles had sugar in the ingredient list when I first went shopping for them

Missdee18
07-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Having a good day. I am in week 3 and have been more tired the last couple of days. Is this normal at this time?

Missdee18
07-12-2012, 08:23 PM

~Jenni
Awesome!

evepet
07-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Thank you so much. I have not received any videos, so I will definitely check these out. Using net carbs make it much easier to find alternatives. My 9 year old foster son has diabetes so I always subtract fiber from the total carbs for him anyway.

Once I get the whole alternative thing figured out, then maybe I will attempt the tracker signature thing :?:

I see you're in B.C., Canada. I've bought quite a few things from http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=132 which is located near Toronto, Ontario. I believe they have free shipping across Canada for orders that are over $99. I often stock up in order to get the free shipping. They have a lot of really good alternatives. And another good source in Canada is http://www.proteinwell.ca/ I've been buying my soups, etc. from them. Feel free to PM me, if you'd like more specific info re alternative products I've tried and liked at thelowcarbgrocery.

Also, if you're handy to a Dr. Bernstein's clinic they sell their packet products too... their soups, puddings, & oatmeal are good alternatives to IP. When I ran out of the Natura potassium/cal supplement, I got the a potassium supplement at Dr. B's. I was on Dr. Bernstein's in 2003 and in many respects, the Dr. B program is similiar to IP.

usmcvet
07-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Congrats on baking!

:devil:

IPinOKC
07-12-2012, 10:21 PM
I hope you do great on your WI today!

locopollo
07-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Oh, I loved that video! I wish my clinic subscribed. :( I could not figure out how to see any others besides the one about restricted versus unrestricted IP foods.

usmcvet
07-12-2012, 11:10 PM
So I'm re posting what I just posted in the Man Cave, I mean the Men's chat :o

Crash smashed outta the 300's and is down to 290, ten pounds past goal. Crash has lost 171#'s! And I wanted to scream and yell that I'm proud of him!

Howdy Vermont Gents...Hey...I am right near Lake George, New York...if you guys get down this way, I belong To the local fish & game club (used to be director and chairman)...would love to have you join me at my range and do some plinking. We have 55 covered benches to keep the sun off and a 200 yard range. There is a club house with cold drinks (and waters) etc...and if we time it right we can go grab a meal at the outback! Get the 8oz sirloin, 2 cups green veggie no butter, and a garden salad...so it all fits right in with our phase 1 programs...I can bring the 0 cal dressing with us!
USMCVET: I have read many of your posts before starting and want you to know that you very much helped me get going on this.
I am doing the alternative thing...but use the IP supplements (vitamins, potassium, cal-mag)...and I use EAS AdvantEdge Lo Carb shakes which are identical to IP shakes in values.
Anyway...just wanted to say "hey" as we are neighbors!
Cheers
Jake

Jake can I bring my evil black guns to NY with their hi caps? If not I have a few .22's I could bring. I'd love to come down. My AR's are all SBRs, I think that is a no go in NY. I'm glad you're doing well.

My visits are pretty much the same. Once a month I see the doctor and she asked a lot more questions. Then I am there about 30-45 minutes. Regular weeks maybe 10. I have been doing it for over a year so I really don't have many questions. I am 10lbs from my second goal so after that I will go in once every two weeks to see the doctor and that is it.

Crash. Dude GOAL. Freaking awesome. :bravo::cb::congrat::crazy::broc:
You shooting for 200#'S?

I just set a goal of 125#'s by Thursday August 9th. I think I kinda sat back a little and got comfortable when I smashed past 100 to 107. So reality check. I need to pull my food journal back out. I have not been using it since I went on vacation! Tonight I only ate half the chicken my wife made, I was full but it was also much more than eight ounces.

So Crash Outfreaking standing job man. And thanks for checking in on me by PM. I needed it!

I can't wait to break into the two hundreds. I missed WI last week because ofbthenholiday and did not go today, i did not think id be up for it untill last night then inchecked thenon line schedulenand saw thenappointments were full so I'm scheduled for Saturday. I had my right wristboperated on in March and I was a mess for almost two weeks with tons of swelling very different this time I am hammering away on the iPad and not in pain there is no swelling really and I slipped my wedding ring on yesterday

usmcvet
07-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Soooo looks like my fingers aren't working as well as I thought. Typo's oh well.

patns
07-12-2012, 11:16 PM

These videos are not offical IP ones. The doctor did then for his own clinic and then sold them to other clinics. Its been a while since I watched them but he really seemed to be working more from an Atkins type mindset.

haddy4
07-12-2012, 11:17 PM
I would love to give you some wonderful advise on how to stay strong and not give in, but I am with you! I don't think I could stop myself! LOL I will just have to wait until it comes out on video.:)

Im obsessed with movie theater popcorn :devil: i swear i dream about it..this is how i still go to the movies now..i save my snack for that night and i take the sw chedder curls i put them in a ziplock sack and sprinkle a little sea salt on them and take a water bottle with a little milo in it.. I wait until the movie start and dig in..:dizzy: its not the same but it did help and i love the movies so i make it work :carrot:

CoolChickInAFatSuit
07-12-2012, 11:23 PM
I see you're in B.C., Canada. I've bought quite a few things from http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=132 which is located near Toronto, Ontario. I believe they have free shipping across Canada for orders that are over $99. I often stock up in order to get the free shipping. They have a lot of really good alternatives. And another good source in Canada is http://www.proteinwell.ca/ I've been buying my soups, etc. from them. Feel free to PM me, if you'd like more specific info re alternative products I've tried and liked at thelowcarbgrocery.

Also, if you're handy to a Dr. Bernstein's clinic they sell their packet products too... their soups, puddings, & oatmeal are good alternatives to IP. When I ran out of the Natura potassium/cal supplement, I got the a potassium supplement at Dr. B's. I was on Dr. Bernstein's in 2003 and in many respects, the Dr. B program is similiar to IP.

Thank you again. I have checked out the lowcarbgrocery.com and was getting ready to place an order for the walden farms BBQ sauces. I'll be in Toronto next month. Do they have a walk in store or is it just online?

Stefany1769
07-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Mom2hi- Good luck on your job interview.
I had ried the cereal egg white pancakes and they were OK, but not fantastic. I could not find the rolling pin, so used the hammer to crush the cereal, not too sucessfully. Today I tried again, Put the cereal in the blender and added the egg whites and whipped it up. They were awesome. I did not remember to add any flavorings, but used WF bluebberry syrup. I will make this again for sure.
Have a great OP day!! Remembe the weekend is almost here.

I am going to try using the blender next time, thanks for the idea! :D

Good Morning, All! Both of my girls decided they wanted to go to Boys and Girls Club today so I am home all day BY MYSELF!!! What to do, what to do!?!?!? I'll probably clean a closet and then sit on this forum all day...LOL

So, here's a question for everyone...I just had my second WI this week and am very happy with the program and am hoping for great results. I am not hungry at all, but am still dealing with very strong cravings all of the time. I know I am not hungry, but still am craving something...sweet or salty...it doesn't matter, I just want something. I have done the typical stuff...drinking hot tea, drinking more water, distract myself with something, come to this site, etc. I am getting all of my veggies in and more than enough water. Like I said, I'm not hungry at all. It's just these cravings that I am afraid I won't be able to stay strong against. Someone talked about eating their walls today....Last night I was ready to eat my pillow. Any suggestions? Does this get better or is it something that I will just have to learn to control? I've always had cravings which is probably why I probably have this weight issue to begin with. I was hoping IP would help to elimanate them. What do you guys think?

Tiger gave me a great suggestion last night about having some deli meat ready during the day and breaking up the protein into smaller doses. I'm going to try that today...anyone else have any thoughts?

If I'm having a really hungry day I make myself some egg whites in the microwave. I add sea salt, pepper an occasionally some chopped up bell pepper. I normally have a red bell pepper with my lunch so I just use a little of that.

I put garlic and pepper grape seed oil, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, and a few sprinkles of sesame seeds. Yummy combination!

Well the salmon that I was going to make tonight smelled fishy (I am not much of a fish person anyway - so anything off is a no go for me!). No other meat thawed. Store not an option since I am so hungry, I make horrible choices then. So take out/delivery. Last time I had a similar dinner dilemma I ordered pizza. Nope this time I ordered from a Steak delivery place. Grilled steak tips and mushrooms and a salad should be here in 25 minutes! If I were drinking I would cheers to making better choices!

I don't do well with the fishy flavor of salmon either. If you slice up tomato and put it on top of the fillet along with sea salt and pepper it cuts the greesy feeling and the fishy taste/smell. The acid is what does it, and it is Yummy!!

kmstacy
07-12-2012, 11:47 PM
didn't do so well at weigh in but at least its a loss...next weeks weigh in will be better

BRfirefly
07-12-2012, 11:55 PM
The crazy scale...

Yesterday was my first official WI and I only loss 1.5#s. Really?! :?: After talking with my coach I realized my salt intake was too much. Of course I already suspected that as I did a lot of the recommended 1/4 teaspoon salt with 8 oz water to remedy headaches. Even though I didn't lose as much as I expected/hoped for I was not detoured by it. I know this is a great plan for me, especially giving my pancreas a break. I've indulged in far to many carbs (especially pastas and sweets) for for to long. And I'm excited about the health benefits, like stabilizing my blood sugar and regulating my hormones. I dedcided to jump on the scale today first thing and I'm down -8#. :D I'm really looking forward to my official weigh in next Wednesday!

Trishak
07-13-2012, 12:39 AM

~Jenni

Congrats, Jenni! That's awesome!!! You are doing great!!!!!!

Trish

evepet
07-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Thank you again. I have checked out the lowcarbgrocery.com and was getting ready to place an order for the walden farms BBQ sauces. I'll be in Toronto next month. Do they have a walk in store or is it just online?

They have a store.

The Low Carb Grocery
170 Esna Park Dr, Unit 8
Markham, Ontario
L3R 1E3
Toll Free: 1-888-484-7479 (Ext. 2 to speak with our staff)

I know DivaJen shops there quite a bit. :)

Delgen
07-13-2012, 12:45 AM

Renee
aka Hokie mom!
What an inspiration you are!! Thanks!

evepet
07-13-2012, 12:53 AM
Oh, I loved that video! I wish my clinic subscribed. :( I could not figure out how to see any others besides the one about restricted versus unrestricted IP foods.

Go to :
http://www.idealcoaching.tv/details.html

At the beginning of this page, there's a video titled " Ketosis Is Your Secret Weapon".... then farther down another "Delicious Phase 1 Salad Recipe".... then farther down " Restricted & Unrestricted Ideal Protein Foods" (that's the same link I posted above).

Scroll down on the link still further, and you'll see a grey bar which says "To Watch The First 14 Videos Click Here ---->" If you click through you should see those 14 videos, all on different subject.

Be sure and scroll down the page at each video, because often there's a second video there called 'For Extra Credit'.

Delgen
07-13-2012, 12:54 AM
Congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment!

Stefany1769
07-13-2012, 02:05 AM
So I am getting really dissapointed in myself. As some of you might have read I went to Valdez for a week (on a boat fulltime) and was battling sea sickness. I ended up eating a lot of extra protien, which hasnt given me a problem... its the restricteds!!! I ate two a day on the boat in an effort to battle the nasea and I made myself even more miserable by feeling really guilty about it.

Now that I am home I am having a hard time NOT eating two restricteds in a day. :( I am really struggling here.... I feel ridiculous to be this close to goal and I am letting this happen! UGH!!! Im pretty disgusted with myself right now.

So far I was able to have two days in a row that I did not give in to the second restricted. But today I caved again!!! :( I had found a restricted in one of my bags that I brought on the trip with me. Instead of putting it away, out of sight, I left it sitting on the bar next to where I eat dinner.... The dinner I made was really spicy, and well it went downhill from there. So mad at myself!

These are some of the things I have been doing to keep myself from having more than one:
I have not gone in to my store and resupplied since being back, I have even run out of my chocolate drinks. :(
I have taken all of the restricteds that I had at work brought them home. I only take one to work with me so I have no choice.
I have made sure to put them out of sight at home... out of sight, out of mind right?
I have been keeping busy. I work all day, come home and then leave a half an hour later to bring my son to football practice, I stay there with him until 8pm, I come home and make dinner and go to bed.

I know that the only thing that will really help me is my own will power, but I want to set myself up for success. What I listed above are some of the steps I have taken in order to make myself more successful. Does anyone have any suggestions, other than throwing all the restricteds out (too expensive for that), that I am not already doing?

Question: Why are nuts bad for us on this diet? Is it the natural amount of carbs in them? Or is it the fat content?

Thank you for any help or encouragement in advance. Oh and I dont think I need tough love, lol I'm already doing that for myself....

Im goingt to repost this in tomorrows thread once it is made.