Old 07-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220.5/185/140

Height: 5'7

Default Having a melt down...

OK, I am hungry! Not like a little hungry...I am very hungry. Like I am starving. I only have 242 calories left for the day. My meals aren't keeping me full long enough. I just want to eat! I don't know what else to do. I am eating lots of fruits and veggies but I am still starving!! I just want to cry! What do I do?!?!
oksoitsjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #2  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

If you really need a good cry, cry! Take a hot shower and let it out!

Then think about how you eat your calories. I don't have the magic answer for YOUR body, but MY body pretty much hates fruit unless I eat it with a meal, or atleast a cheese stick. It makes me ravenous!

For today, would it be okay with you to go above your calorie limit by a couple hundred? Add some good protein and see how you feel. That might help clear your mind so you can think of some food choices for tomorrow that might make you feel fuller longer.

Good luck!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/167/147

Height: 5"10

I was just having this issue!!!I ate some carrots and went for a walk. Came back was LESS hungry and was ok with a can of light soup (180 caloires)! Good luck!!! You can get through this!
Rintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Soup? Something largely broth based? I've fallen in love, lately, with miso soup. I add some mushrooms (dried, like chanterelle or shitake) in the boiling water, sometimes some garlic pieces or onion, and then the miso when the water has hit boiling. I find it really helps to tide me over, all the water makes me feel full and the miso sort of has that "umame" 5th flavor you hear about and I love it. Now I get that miso is not everyone's favorite, but if you don't like that what about some sort of vegetable soup in a beef broth or something along those lines?
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

I strongly believe in eating something sensible and low calorie if you are hungry. I had this problem and someone on here told me to check the amount of protein that I was eating. I kept the same calorie count but switched to more proteins and it quickly solved this problem.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #6  

Height: 4'11"

My advice will differ somewhat from others who have commented, but if you are starving, you are not eating enough. Your body is crying out for food. You need to eat something or else you are likely to binge soon as a result of starvation. I second what others have said about eating some soup, or even some protein and/or a baked potato. If you are hungry, it's because you need to eat! If you eat sensibly you will avoid a binge later
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 8"

I eat within a calorie range because their are some days that I am hungrier than other days. If I was eating healthy foods and was still hungry and at the end of my calorie range, I would eat something healthy.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

can you post a menu from today? differnet foods will keep you feeling full longer.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9''

It is probably different for everyone, but there are a few snacks that keep me fuller longer.
bagel thin (110 calories)
apple (80 calories)
15 almonds (100 calories)
cheerios and milk (200 calories)
If I am really hungry I am OK with myself to go over 100-200 calories. Alot of times though I think it is all in my head... its hard to tell real hunger apart from thinking I need to eat or wanting to taste food... for me anyway.
angie7896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

If I'm just a little hungry, I remind myself that hunger is not an emergency. If I'm genuinely and acutely hungry and it's not mealtime, I have a snack. At least, that's what I try to do -- I'm certainly not perfect.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 258/209.2/145

Height: 5'4"

Eggs, turkey and natural peanut butter, but not all together of course keeps the hunger pangs away for me, especially eggs. Lots of protein. Good luck!
MariaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Sometimes when I think I am hungry I am actually bored.
However to keep from running out of calories I make a menu for the day and stick to it. My menu includes snacks, these snacks keep me from getting too hungry and wanting to eat anything that doesn't move. My snacks are usually 100 calories or less and might include, non fat yogurt, string cheese, laughing cow cheese wedge, fresh fruit. I eat something about every 3 hours. breakfast, snack, lunch, snack,dinner, snack.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #13  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
My menu includes snacks, these snacks keep me from getting too hungry and wanting to eat anything that doesn't move.
just had to weigh in. sometimes i also eat things that move, the fridge handle, AND the kitchen sink.

usually while hovering hunched over, over the kitchen counter.

HA.

aside from that- dig into the veg.
what you your least favourite HEALTHY thing to eat? if you're not willing to eat that, you're not actually hungry.

on the other hand- here is the thing, lets say, you FORCE yourself to go to bed hungry, (and you're actually hungry hungry, not mind hungry), but you think it's just your brain and you go to bed.

here is what's going to happen- and this often leads me down a nasty road. you wake up HUNGRRRYYYY. and that causes you to be HUNGRY all day, which will probably cause you to over eat.

i say, if you're actually legitimately hungry, have a little snack-ski. in the long run, 200 calories isn't really a huge dent in the road.
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 189.4/173.8/150

Height: 6'

Eat more protein with your fruits! Your body needs carbohydrates to break protein down, when you pair it with a carb (fruit for example) it uses that fruit to break down the carb, and your blood sugar won't jump (then fall) and you will definitely keep you fuller longer! good luck!

xx
KatieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #15  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieBug View Post
Eat more protein with your fruits! Your body needs carbohydrates to break protein down, when you pair it with a carb (fruit for example)it uses that fruit to break down the carb, and your blood sugar won't jump (then fall) and you will definitely keep you fuller longer! good luck!

xx
I'm sorry, but, what are you talking about??

I think what you are getting at is that including protein with the fruit she is eating would slow the digestion process down and keep her feeling fuller longer, as would a good dose of healthy fats.

1 - Your body does not need carbohydrates to break down protein. If that were the case, everyone on low-carb or keto diets would starve to death because the proteins weren't being used by the body.
2 - Fruit IS a carb... now does fruit break down carbs?

I hate to be an *******, but some of the stuff I see on here is just silly. This is just another example of why people need to educate themselves on the basics of nutrition and not put too much stock in what other people spout off in online forums.

Last edited by JossFit; 07-12-2012 at 02:37 PM.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote