Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 07/11/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 07/11/12

rissimo
07-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

drakegirl
07-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Good morning IP peeps!!! Been a great few days - hope you all have a wonderful OP day!

Missdee18
07-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Good morning. Looking to have a great 100% IP day"...

usmcvet
07-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Good morning. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Chloe222
07-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Good morning all!

Every day that we stay OP our bodies are changing. We don't often see these changes day to day and sometimes not week to week, but your body is busy reconstructing itself, bringing you closer and closer to your goal. So trust in the wisdom your body has.

Keep drinking your water and stay OP! Just think how much slimmer and better feeling you will be by the end of the summer! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

NOVAScents
07-11-2012, 08:42 AM
I wanted to update everyone to my post yesterday about tofu. Today is my IP E-mail they said that no matter what your protein source is you should be getting 30g of protein for your dinner.

http://idealcoaching.tv/wp/archives/1133

Which would mean that if you're eating tofu you need to eat MORE than 8oz!!

Ticiabean
07-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Good morning all!

Every day that we stay OP our bodies are changing. We don't often see these changes day to day and sometimes not week to week, but your body is busy reconstructing itself, bringing you closer and closer to your goal. So trust in the wisdom your body has.

Keep drinking your water and stay OP! Just think how much slimmer and better feeling you will be by the end of the summer! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Chloe, you words are inspiring. I am considering quitting the program. I haven't seen results in two weeks. I had good success on the Insulin Resistent Diet before, so I was going to go back to that. The only reason I havent is because DH wants to continue giving this a try....very frustrated and confused...

kellycg102
07-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Been awhile since I have been able to check in. Still pluggin away.....scale isn't moving as well as I would like, but it had been more of a struggle with summer and camping now. Little more meat, little more veggies....not a lot and not eating anything off plan but may be affecting me..........ugh! Need to focus and stay focused, only like a little over 9 lbs to go.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.

dizzyjean
07-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Good morning all!

Thanks for the thoughts that are so positive! This is the most encouraging site to visit!
I made a chocolate cake for an office birthday, and made myself some chocolate muffins from an IP packet. Breakfast!! What fun! Drink water and stay OP!

MustangMolly
07-11-2012, 09:20 AM
I wanted to update everyone to my post yesterday about tofu. Today is my IP E-mail they said that no matter what your protein source is you should be getting 30g of protein for your dinner.

http://idealcoaching.tv/wp/archives/1133

Which would mean that if you're eating tofu you need to eat MORE than 8oz!!

A little info related to how much protein is in our foods:
Beef
•Hamburger patty, 4 oz – 28 grams protein
•Steak, 6 oz – 42 grams
•Most cuts of beef – 7 grams of protein per ounce
Chicken
•Chicken breast, 3.5 oz - 30 grams protein
•Chicken thigh – 10 grams (for average size)
•Drumstick – 11 grams
•Wing – 6 grams
•Chicken meat, cooked, 4 oz – 35 grams
Fish
•Most fish fillets or steaks are about 22 grams of protein for 3 ½ oz (100 grams) of cooked fish, or 6 grams per ounce
•Tuna, 6 oz can - 40 grams of protein
Pork
•Pork chop, average - 22 grams protein
•Pork loin or tenderloin, 4 oz – 29 grams
•Ham, 3 oz serving – 19 grams
•Ground pork, 1 oz raw – 5 grams; 3 oz cooked – 22 grams
•Bacon, 1 slice – 3 grams
•Canadian-style bacon (back bacon), slice – 5 – 6 grams
Eggs and Dairy
•Egg, large - 6 grams protein
•Milk, 1 cup - 8 grams
•Cottage cheese, ½ cup - 15 grams
•Yogurt, 1 cup – usually 8-12 grams, check label
•Soft cheeses (Mozzarella, Brie, Camembert) – 6 grams per oz
•Medium cheeses (Cheddar, Swiss) – 7 or 8 grams per oz
•Hard cheeses (Parmesan) – 10 grams per oz
Beans (including soy)
•Tofu, ½ cup 20 grams protein
•Tofu, 1 oz, 2.3 grams
•Soy milk, 1 cup - 6 -10 grams
•Most beans (black, pinto, lentils, etc) about 7-10 grams protein per half cup of cooked beans
•Soy beans, ½ cup cooked – 14 grams protein
•Split peas, ½ cup cooked – 8 grams
Nuts and Seeds
•Peanut butter, 2 Tablespoons - 8 grams protein
•Almonds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
•Peanuts, ¼ cup – 9 grams
•Cashews, ¼ cup – 5 grams
•Pecans, ¼ cup – 2.5 grams
•Sunflower seeds, ¼ cup – 6 grams
•Pumpkin seeds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
•Flax seeds – ¼ cup – 8 grams

NOVAScents
07-11-2012, 09:51 AM
My husband thinks I'm crazy, but has anyone noticed thyroid issues on this diet??

I feel like mine is swollen- at least it has been the past two days.

I'm about to call my doctor to see if I can get it to get blood work done, but I wanted to see if anyone else had dealt with this too!

julied31
07-11-2012, 10:27 AM
So excited, my scale said 199.8 this morning!!! I didn't think my scale would ever go below 200!!! So psyched!

this morning I donated plasma and they blew out the vein on my left arm, so the blood that was returning to me was pooling under the skin. I can already feel a bruise. Awesome! But, it was ok since I was happy about the scale reading before that.

Everyone have a great day, drink lots of water!! :)

Hgamroth
07-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Good Morning!!!! I hope everyone has a fantastic 100% OP Day! I woke up STARVING so I am going to go attempt some chocolate pudding pancakes. Wish me luck. :)

usmcvet
07-11-2012, 10:34 AM
So excited, my scale said 199.8 this morning!!! I didn't think my scale would ever go below 200!!! So psyched!

this morning I donated plasma and they blew out the vein on my left arm, so the blood that was returning to me was pooling under the skin. I can already feel a bruise. Awesome! But, it was ok since I was happy about the scale reading before that.

Awesome, Awesme, Awesome. I will never see the 100's again but I look forward to leaving the 300's behind for freaking ever!

Good Morning!!!! I hope everyone has a fantastic 100% OP Day! I woke up STARVING so I am going to go attempt some chocolate pudding pancakes. Wish me luck. :)

Highway to the danger zone. Sorry just flash back to JR High with the Top Gun shirt. Man I loved that movie.

Hgamroth
07-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Awesome, Awesme, Awesome. I will never see the 100's again but I look forward to leaving the 300's behind for freaking ever!

Highway to the danger zone. Sorry just flash back to JR High with the Top Gun shirt. Man I loved that movie.

I loved that movie too and I heard they are filming another. A bit unsure about that...

evepet
07-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Good morning everyone. :)

I haven't been spending as much time here this past week... I've been totally preoccupied by other aspects of life, away from home more than usual, and the week just flew by.

Today is WI day however and I thought I'd keep myself in the loop by posting today. Unfortunately no movement in the scale. Still the same as last Wednesday. But I'm noticing that my Omron full body composition stats show that my Skeletal Muscle Composition has increased by 2% since last week... and my Body Fat Percentage decreased by the same 2%.

So, even though the scale hasn't moved, positive changes were happening inside my body. I'm happy to be exchanging fat for increased muscle. :):) The only exercise I've done this past week was off and on walking, mostly for errands, etc. as needed. Certainly no formal exercise program.

Keep strong everyone. As Chloe222 said above, even when it seems that nothing much is happening, our bodies are working the program - as long as we do!

Have a great OP day. :carrot:

dizzyjean
07-11-2012, 10:41 AM
[B]Question about vitafusion® Fiber Well Gummies: Good or bad??
Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 2 Gummies

Amount Per Serving - % Daily Value:*
Calories 10, Total Carbohydrate 5 g - 2%, Dietary Fiber 5 g - 20%, Soluble Fiber 5 g - **, Sugar Alcohol 1 g - **.

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Daily Value not established.

Ingredients:
Polydextrose, Xylitol, Gelatin, Natural Flavors, Malic Acid, Colors (Black Carrot Juice Extract, Carrot and Blueberry Juices, Annatto Extract), Sucralose, Fractionated Coconut Oil and Beeswax.

usmcvet
07-11-2012, 10:42 AM
So I need to set a new goal and stay focused. I missed WI last week because if the holiday and vacation. But my scale seems to have stopped moving. To paraphase Jackie Chan from the new Karate Kid, My focus need more focus. So here it is. I want 125#'s by August 9th. That is half way to goal for me. That will be WI # 21.

SewingMomma
07-11-2012, 10:52 AM
So I need to set a new goal and stay focused. I missed WI last week because if the holiday and vacation. But my scale seems to have stopped moving. To paraphase Jackie Chan from the new Karate Kid, My focus need more focus. So here it is. I want 125#'s by August 9th. That is half way to goal for me. That will be WI # 21.

You can do it! Stay focused. Your surgery may have messed things up a bit. You're probably retaining some fluid, etc.

My next mini-goal is to get to 100 pounds lost by July 23rd. My final goal is, well, goal.

shathom
07-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Good morning IPers, today is a good day for me, feeling kinda frisky LOL :rofl:. This diet really has me feeling good about myself. Have a great day all! :beach:

julied31
07-11-2012, 10:58 AM

I'm sure you can do it, you've been doing so great!! I hope you're doing well after your surgery!!

CarCamMom
07-11-2012, 10:59 AM

Very exciting news, skinny mini! Keep up the good work!:hug:

usmcvet
07-11-2012, 11:05 AM
You can do it! Stay focused. Your surgery may have messed things up a bit. You're probably retaining some fluid, etc.

My next mini-goal is to get to 100 pounds lost by July 23rd. My final goal is, well, goal.
You're almost there!
I'm sure you can do it, you've been doing so great!! I hope you're doing well after your surgery!!
I'm feeling well. Much better than the last wrist which was 110#'s ago.

aimeed3
07-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Good Morning everyone! :)

I am so glad it is Wednesday. Now if these days would just hurry up and quit passing so slow it would be even better.

There's rain coming and should be here in a few hours or so. I like when it rains but I would much rather be at home than at work.

So I had WI #2 last night and I am down another 6# :carrot:
Whohooo!! What diet can you go on and lose 18 lbs in 2 weeks?? IP, thats whats up!! I havent really told a whole lot of people that I am doing this so I cant wait for people to start asking what am I doing. :D
I love it and all the support, encouragement, motivation and inspiriation I read on this board every single day.

Everyone, have a good OP day! Good luck to everyone weighing in and congrats to all the LOSERS!!!

Aimee

CarCamMom
07-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Good Morning! Question for you....Are the Listerine Breath Strips ok? How about Bianca breath spray? I need something to put a different taste in my mouth and have always been a HUGE gum chewer, but I don't even want to go there because I overdo it. Could this be an alternative?

CarCamMom
07-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Good Morning everyone! :)

I am so glad it is Wednesday. Now if these days would just hurry up and quit passing so slow it would be even better.

There's rain coming and should be here in a few hours or so. I like when it rains but I would much rather be at home than at work.

So I had WI #2 last night and I am down another 6# :carrot:
Whohooo!! What diet can you go on and lose 18 lbs in 2 weeks?? IP, thats whats up!! I havent really told a whole lot of people that I am doing this so I cant wait for people to start asking what am I doing. :D
I love it and all the support, encouragement, motivation and inspiriation I read on this board every single day.

Everyone, have a good OP day! Good luck to everyone weighing in and congrats to all the LOSERS!!!

Aimee

Congrats on the WI! Awesome job! Keep it up!

1tangigirl
07-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Good morning all. It's another beautiful day on IP. I love it so far on day #11 especially since my scale says 8# down. And feeling great. Woohoo!! Long way to go but I'm just going to take one day at time. Thanks for all the positive and supportive (and informative) posts.

CarCamMom
07-11-2012, 11:20 AM

Well, guess what song has been in my head since reading your post!?!?! :dizzy: Sing along everyone....Highway to the danger zone, danger zone!

Aussieluver
07-11-2012, 11:20 AM

Please let me know how your pancakes turn out as I could never flip them over without falling apart. I know how to make real pancakes, so I waited for these to "bubble" before trying to flip. After 4 different attempts, and wasted IP packets, I decided to buy a waffle maker. That worked great!! Funny how I have no problem drinking an IP, but when I made 3 waffles out of 1 packet, I could only eat 2 of them - lol. I put the WF strawberry on top ... very tasty on the choc waffles ;)

Tigerlvr52
07-11-2012, 11:22 AM

Congrats on your Onederland accomplishment. :carrot:

Hgamroth
07-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Please let me know how your pancakes turn out as I could never flip them over without falling apart. I know how to make real pancakes, so I waited for these to "bubble" before trying to flip. After 4 different attempts, and wasted IP packets, I decided to buy a waffle maker. That worked great!! Funny how I have no problem drinking an IP, but when I made 3 waffles out of 1 packet, I could only eat 2 of them - lol. I put the WF strawberry on top ... very tasty on the choc waffles ;)

Well, I am not gonna lie...they were not very pretty. :( The chocolate pancakes tasted fine but took forever to cook through. I am thinking I need a wee bit more practice or go the waffle maker route. Oh well. Sometimes it is just nice to "chew" my breakfast vs. drinking it. Sorry I am really no help. I am new to this pancake stuff. I love the cripsy cereal pancake with WF apple butter. That is my favorite!

usmcvet
07-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Well, guess what song has been in my head since reading your post!?!?! :dizzy: Sing along everyone....Highway to the danger zone, danger zone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8rZWw9HE7o&feature=youtube_gdata_player
:D

missa1013
07-11-2012, 11:31 AM
:barf:Good morning, second day on IP, first day was tough as I was travelling back to work and my flight was delayed and the bus ride was horrific, but, I didn't cheat, however I wasn't able to eat for about 6 hours and was absolutely starving to the point of wanting to throw chunks. Was very nauseous but managed to pull through. Missed my evening vitamins and such, felt too ill to even attempt to swallow them.....

Back on track today, just need to make it through these first few days and hopefully it will get better :)

usmcvet
07-11-2012, 11:34 AM
:barf:Good morning, second day on IP, first day was tough as I was travelling back to work and my flight was delayed and the bus ride was horrific, but, I didn't cheat, however I wasn't able to eat for about 6 hours and was absolutely starving to the point of wanting to throw chunks. Was very nauseous but managed to pull through. Missed my evening vitamins and such, felt too ill to even attempt to swallow them.....

Back on track today, just need to make it through these first few days and hopefully it will get better :)
It will get much better. Stay Strong and stick with the program.

julied31
07-11-2012, 11:35 AM
one more thing -- does anyone know what's up with www.shopforprotein.com?? 2 days now that it's been experiencing technical difficulties. I was able to place an order last week in between some of the difficulties. I really need more packets and my online clinic charges a boatload for shipping.

Unwaver1ng
07-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Good morning! It has been a rough few days for me, but...

Awkward confessional (TMI): A few snug pairs of underwear used to roll down when I wore them. There is a chance that they are now stretched out, but I think they just fit better and stay put!

Looking forward to reading about the protein numbers when I have a bit more time. Thanks for posting!

~Jenni

sandygirl68
07-11-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm on week 2 and I've settled in. It's very easy! My biggest challenge is in the afternoon--- but a little seltzer gets me through!

rainbowsmiles
07-11-2012, 11:49 AM
usmcvet....thnaks for the link!!! love that movie and song!! now i'm thinking if i keep on the IP highway, i just might get to that danger zone!!! that IP hot mama danger zone!!

julie....of you have ordered before, just send daisy an email with what you need and she can send you a request for payment, thats what i do when the site it down...the site is growing and making changes so its easier to checkout!! daisy rocks!!!

locopollo
07-11-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm going to try the chicken ala king at lunch today for the first time, and I'm scared. Any tips?

kikig3
07-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Well I had my weigh in this morning and after a crappy loss last week with the stress and power being out.... this week I MADE IT TO ONEDERLAND!!! I will never go back! I almost fell off the scale! Doing a little:carrot:

Now i need to go back and catch up on all the posts. Hope everyone is having a good day!

julied31
07-11-2012, 12:01 PM
usmcvet....thnaks for the link!!! love that movie and song!! now i'm thinking if i keep on the IP highway, i just might get to that danger zone!!! that IP hot mama danger zone!!

julie....of you have ordered before, just send daisy an email with what you need and she can send you a request for payment, thats what i do when the site it down...the site is growing and making changes so its easier to checkout!! daisy rocks!!!

Thanks! Not sure why I didn't think of that!!

Kaypix
07-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Good morning all!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/Weight%20Challenges/Motivational%20Weight%20Posters/3a46c257.jpg
For you!

Sorry your scale was not cooperative after your vacation/holiday. It'll get moving again soon I am sure! And hey, I was listening to Danger Zone yesterday on Pandora haha, so seeing the post today totally made me perk up!

I'm on week 2 and I've settled in. It's very easy! My biggest challenge is in the afternoon--- but a little seltzer gets me through!
Careful with seltzer water, something about how the phosphoric acid affects our extremely alkaline diet.

mammoth357
07-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Congrats to all the special folk's who had success in the 3 prior pages! Awesome! On the tofu topic...I found these tofu shiratki noodles this morning at my local market and posted a thread with info on them...check that out as shows promise!

Going to try them tonight...never had tofu before!
Lovely day here today in upper New York and planning a little ride on the harley later with the wife!
Cheers
Jake

rainbowsmiles
07-11-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm going to try the chicken ala king at lunch today for the first time, and I'm scared. Any tips?

yeah....i'd love to know that too!! i made it as prescribed on the stove top and i don't recommend that!! i certainly was disappointed in the flavor and texture. maybe others can tell us how to tweak it to make it better!!

rainbowsmiles
07-11-2012, 12:05 PM
kay....LOVE that poster!!!! thanks for sharing!!!

htnwilson
07-11-2012, 12:14 PM
My husband thinks I'm crazy, but has anyone noticed thyroid issues on this diet??

I'm about to call my doctor to see if I can get it to get blood work done, but I wanted to see if anyone else had dealt with this too!

Hi
I have only been on the program for 3 weeks and last week it felt like I had a pill stuck in my throat/ After a few days it hadnt gone away i called the doctor and my thyroid is swollen - i had my blood work done on Saturday and am havig an ultrasound on Monday. I do have a goiter on my thyroid but i have never felt it and i have had it for over 10 years.

Trishak
07-11-2012, 12:15 PM
yeah....i'd love to know that too!! i made it as prescribed on the stove top and i don't recommend that!! i certainly was disappointed in the flavor and texture. maybe others can tell us how to tweak it to make it better!!

I tried it for the first time yesterday, cooked in microwave as directed. Maybe I overcooked it because the "chicken" chunks were inedible, like rubber. I ended up throwing it away and making chicken soup. Unless someone tells me how to make this taste good, I probably will not reorder. Sorry, I'm no help!

NewPath
07-11-2012, 12:18 PM

NovaScents,
I have Hashimotoes Disease-hypothyroid. I have had not thryroid function for over 21 years. Since starting IP, my thyroid is functioning again, and my doctor had to lower my meds.

rainbowsmiles
07-11-2012, 12:21 PM
trishak....i know what you mean about those rubbery chicken bits...they were the same using the stove top method. i wanted to toss it out, but kept saying, at 4 bucks a pop I better eat it! haha So I did, but am not inclined to buy it again. Its ironic to me that some IP products I absolutely adore and others, well not so much! haha

NewPath
07-11-2012, 12:22 PM

Missa1013,
It will get better! Try to really make an effort to get your food and vitamins in on time. You can do this! Welcome! We are all here for you!!!!

bttrhalf
07-11-2012, 12:29 PM
good morning everyone, I so love reading all the posts it really gets me excited about this program.
My scale is stuck at the same number all week, I weigh at home every morning (scale junky), I weigh tomorrow afternoon and hope it is better at the clinic. this is my third week maybe just a pause as my body figures out what i'm doing to it.

Trishak
07-11-2012, 12:30 PM
I have WI# ??? tomorrow. I've lost count of the weeks! Anyway, if my home scale is accurate, and I know it is, I should be down another 3 lbs, which would technically move me to phase 2. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

BUT... at 4'11.75" (yes, I usually round up to 5 feet) tall, I know I need to weigh less than 150 to be truly a healthy weight. So.... I think I'm going to lower my goal. I think I'll set it at 140. I can do it!!! I know I can! Has anyone else lowered their goal? Do you think it would be better to phase out, reach my original goal, and start exercising? I think i'd rather just keep doing what I'm doing to get where I want to be.

Hope you are all having a great IP day!

Trish

Kaypix
07-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Hey everyone. Thank god it's Wednesday! Working hard at work this week to get back into the normal flow of things. It's weird having the micromanaging boss gone for 2 weeks, never noticed how much stuff I did just so he wouldn't watch over my shoulder, huh. lol. Anyways, moving on. Jumped on the scale today, since Monday's weigh in was awesome and yesterday I barely lost (at least I lost though). Today I was down 1.4 lbs from yesterday, bringing me to 165.0 , holy crap!

No word yet from my mother in law whether she'll be paying us this month or not for her car payment ($600). Nothing like living in perpetual fear right? *sigh* I guess it's not THAT big of a deal, but it was goign towards a helmet for DH and a crown for one of his teeth that has had a temporary crown on it since LAST november. Dealing with dental insurance is freaking horrid, I swear. LoL. I am sincerely hoping that we'll be able to finish this whole process so that way we can just go on our way sooner rather than later. Hey, bonus though, I found out my car will be paid off from the loan next April, unless we pay an extra $1400 on it between now and January some how, in which case we'd be one less car payment by then, and omg that'd make a HUGE difference for us financially. She'd still have to pay us $600 every 3 months until July 2014 (only paying $150/month towards the car and started at 6k)...*sigh* I want to be debt free so I can just relax!

OK, that was a random rant, but I can't blog it as my mom in law would read it and get all miffy about it, I'm off to work on the recipe book cuz that'll make me happy, and getting Qdoba salad with chicken for lunch, yummmmmies!

locopollo
07-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Canada Dry seltzer water does not have phosphoric acid. I asked their customer service. I love seltzer. :)

Ut oh, now I'm really scared about lunch!

pianonan
07-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Day 3! I'm starving - for baked goods! The first two days weren't so bad. I didn't have any cravings and was having trouble eating the protein and veggies. Today the idea of a salad is making me nauseous and there are cookies sitting near my office :dizzy:

Does anyone have a remedy for leg cramps? I'm taking the potassium, but woke up this morning in pain.

Thanks for listening!

aimeed3
07-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Day 3! I'm starving - for baked goods! The first two days weren't so bad. I didn't have any cravings and was having trouble eating the protein and veggies. Today the idea of a salad is making me nauseous and there are cookies sitting near my office :dizzy:

Does anyone have a remedy for leg cramps? I'm taking the potassium, but woke up this morning in pain.

Thanks for listening!

Are you getting your salt in? If not, you need to. It will fix your leg cramps. :)

Patches n Polly
07-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Well, I am not gonna lie...they were not very pretty. :( The chocolate pancakes tasted fine but took forever to cook through. I am thinking I need a wee bit more practice or go the waffle maker route. Oh well. Sometimes it is just nice to "chew" my breakfast vs. drinking it. Sorry I am really no help. I am new to this pancake stuff. I love the cripsy cereal pancake with WF apple butter. That is my favorite!

I would love to try the crispy cereal pancakes....would you mind sharing the recipe?

pianonan
07-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Are you getting your salt in? If not, you need to. It will fix your leg cramps. :)
I might not be! Thanks!!!!

aimeed3
07-11-2012, 01:02 PM
I have an issue that I know I shouldnt let bother me, but right now I am livid.

I have a friend who about a year ago, we were dieting together and working out together. (counting calories). Well after 3 mths I quit going to the gym. Since before starting IP I had gained all of my 23 lbs back (I had lost 30).

She, on the other hand, continued going to the gym and counting her calories and lost almost 40 lbs. She looks great and the gym and calorie counting was working for her.

She came to the seminar with me and while I signed up, she couldnt afford it otherwise she would have.

Now that I lost 18#'s in 2 weeks she is now watching her carb intake and is asking questions about my diet and stuff.

I feel as though she cant let me be successful on my own. I probably weigh about 30-35 lbs more than her, but it bugs me to no end to think that she does not want me to weigh less than her.

I thought about just not talking to her anymore about dieting and stuff,but she's just going to keep asking questions.

Thanks for letting me vent! UGHHH!!!

LizRR
07-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Good Morning! Question for you....Are the Listerine Breath Strips ok? How about Bianca breath spray? I need something to put a different taste in my mouth and have always been a HUGE gum chewer, but I don't even want to go there because I overdo it. Could this be an alternative?

My coach advised me that breath strips should be accounted for like gum.

I LOVE the Crispy Cereal Pancakes, also the Pudding Waffles are EXCELLENT and sometimes I use the Soup Packets to make Savory Waffles when I feel like a piece of 'bread'. The best part is those are all UNRESTRICTED recipes!

No lying - the first 3-4 days SUCK - remember how awful you feel now - remember how you NEVER want to feel like this again, because if you cheat on this diet and have to get back into ketosis again....you will have to do this all over! Promise, it gets better - I couldn't have lasted 19 weeks unless it did.

Awkward confessional (TMI): A few snug pairs of underwear used to roll down when I wore them. There is a chance that they are now stretched out, but I think they just fit better and stay put!

LOL - I need to buy a whole new set of underwear - mine all turned to granny panties!

I prepare my soup at home in the mornings, then store it until lunch at work. I find that the extra 'stewing time' rehydrates the veggie & chicken bits to make them very good! I also add in my roasted cauliflower, celery, & garlic puree to this soup, although it is pretty thick and flavorful as is, and I also use chicken broth in it (allowed 1 cup/day per my coach as my brand adds 5 calories from all protein per 8oz).

BUT... at 4'11.75" (yes, I usually round up to 5 feet) tall, I know I need to weigh less than 150 to be truly a healthy weight. So.... I think I'm going to lower my goal. I think I'll set it at 140. I can do it!!! I know I can! Has anyone else lowered their goal? Do you think it would be better to phase out, reach my original goal, and start exercising? I think i'd rather just keep doing what I'm doing to get where I want to be.

I actually haven't 'officially' lowered my goal from 150 with my coach yet - I put it here on 3FC ticker, but it felt so unattainable - I honestly never thought I would be able to reach onederland, let alone the 150s, and the 140s seemed like LaLa-Land, but now I'm only 3lb from that (actually my home scale has me at 148-but that is usually ~3-4lb lighter than my coach's 'official' WI, which is the one I count). This 'diet' is amazing, stick with it - I can't believe I've dropped TWELVE sizes - I started at a tight 16, today I am wearing a very comfortable pair of size 4 jeans! How does that happen in less than 4 months time?

Hey everyone. Thank god it's Wednesday! Working hard at work this week to get back into the normal flow of things. It's weird having the micromanaging boss gone for 2 weeks, never noticed how much stuff I did just so he wouldn't watch over my shoulder, huh. lol. Anyways, moving on. Jumped on the scale today, since Monday's weigh in was awesome and yesterday I barely lost (at least I lost though). Today I was down 1.4 lbs from yesterday, bringing me to 165.0 , holy crap!

No word yet from my mother in law whether she'll be paying us this month or not for her car payment ($600). Nothing like living in perpetual fear right? *sigh* I guess it's not THAT big of a deal, but it was goign towards a helmet for DH and a crown for one of his teeth that has had a temporary crown on it since LAST november. Dealing with dental insurance is freaking horrid, I swear. LoL. I am sincerely hoping that we'll be able to finish this whole process so that way we can just go on our way sooner rather than later. Hey, bonus though, I found out my car will be paid off from the loan next April, unless we pay an extra $1400 on it between now and January some how, in which case we'd be one less car payment by then, and omg that'd make a HUGE difference for us financially. She'd still have to pay us $600 every 3 months until July 2014 (only paying $150/month towards the car and started at 6k)...*sigh* I want to be debt free so I can just relax!

OK, that was a random rant, but I can't blog it as my mom in law would read it and get all miffy about it, I'm off to work on the recipe book cuz that'll make me happy, and getting Qdoba salad with chicken for lunch, yummmmmies!

I'm PMing you...

You can double the potassium, particularly the first week, and try some of the recipes for Crispy Cereal pancakes, pudding waffles, or savory soup waffles (comes out the most 'bread-like') - they are all delicious and unrestricted. The 2 egg whites called for in the recipes only add ~35 calories from ~8g protein.

patns
07-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Chloe, you words are inspiring. I am considering quitting the program. I haven't seen results in two weeks. I had good success on the Insulin Resistent Diet before, so I was going to go back to that. The only reason I havent is because DH wants to continue giving this a try....very frustrated and confused...

Before you quit look at how much fat you are getting. I stalled for more than a month. When I put what I was eating into myfitnesspal it came up no fat.
I had been using all chicken breast and white fish for my animal protein. I was also using WF individual salad dressings for convenience and was not getting my olive oil in.
I started having red meat several days a week and measuring my olive oil and adding it directly to my daily salad and I started to lose again.
It is counter productive to go ultra low in fat as the body needs fat to burn fat.

Pat

jennlnige
07-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Good Morning, almost Afternoon!!! I'm on day one and feeling really good. I have had almost 2 liters of water, had the omelet for breakfest (very yummy and filling) added a cup of spinach to start my veggie intake. Got my morning vitamins in.

Gotta go drop my daugher off at gymnastics then go to the store. Hopefully I won't have to use the restroom for 20 minutes!!!!

joysh
07-11-2012, 01:32 PM

locopollo, rainbowsmiles, trishak: I asked my coach about those rubbery faux chicken pieces in the chicken a la king yesterday! She said noone had mentioned it before! Anyway, she said to mix and shake it the night before and put it in the fridge overnight. She said some of the products just need a little more time to absorb the water. I'll try that tonight and let you all know. I really like that one because it makes me feel like I've really eaten something very substantial at lunch.

I have WI# ??? tomorrow. I've lost count of the weeks! Anyway, if my home scale is accurate, and I know it is, I should be down another 3 lbs, which would technically move me to phase 2. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Trish

Thanks for listening!

Yes, more salt. Take a bit of it in water or from our hand when you have the cramp. Also, 2 spoons of pickle juice will also help.

I thought about just not talking to her anymore about dieting and stuff,but she's just going to keep asking questions.

Hey, Aimee, I can understand that it bothers you. After all, you're the one who is paying the money and took the step. Take a breath, answer her questions, and refer her to the clinic if she wants to do the program! Or refer her to this website. I know it's hard to share sometimes, but remember this: whatever she does or doesn't do cannot affect the fact that YOU have taken an important step. You have taken control and started this program. That's YOUR accomplishment and noone can take that away from you! :hug:

Good luck!

Have a great day, everyone! :wave:

locopollo
07-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the tip on lunch. I think I will have it tomorrow then! Or for dinner, and I'll have my chicken and bok choy for lunch. That'll work too.

pianonan
07-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Good Morning, almost Afternoon!!! I'm on day one and feeling really good. I have had almost 2 liters of water, had the omelet for breakfest (very yummy and filling) added a cup of spinach to start my veggie intake. Got my morning vitamins in.

Gotta go drop my daugher off at gymnastics then go to the store. Hopefully I won't have to use the restroom for 20 minutes!!!!
Hello! I'm on day 3 so it's nice to meet someone who is also just starting. Today has probably been my toughest day, but I posted on this forum and received some great ideas. Good Luck with the rest of your day !!

usmcvet
07-11-2012, 01:51 PM

I have a friend who about a year ago, we were dieting together and working out together. (counting calories). Well after 3 mths I quit going to the gym. Since before starting IP I had gained all of my 23 lbs back (I had lost 30).

She, on the other hand, continued going to the gym and counting her calories and lost almost 40 lbs. She looks great and the gym and calorie counting was working for her.

She came to the seminar with me and while I signed up, she couldnt afford it otherwise she would have.

Now that I lost 18#'s in 2 weeks she is now watching her carb intake and is asking questions about my diet and stuff.

I feel as though she cant let me be successful on my own. I probably weigh about 30-35 lbs more than her, but it bugs me to no end to think that she does not want me to weigh less than her.

Yup you can talk about anything? (except Twinkies/politics, see the sticky above.) It doesn't even haven to be IP related. We are here for each other. Do this for you. try not talking to her about it and see how you feel. Theremaremsome people,I don't talk to about it too. It is very personal. I was surprised and embarrassed and proudnyesterdaynall at once. I got a FB message from a woman who went to my clinic for the intro presentation. They showed my before and after photos and the woman asked me for some advice. It felt kinda weird and good all at the same time. I know her uncle and now were FB buddies. Strange world. ;)

GrandmaKiss
07-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Good morning all!

This was a GREAT message. I had a couple of weeks that nothing seemed to be moving* But this week the weight is literally falling off at about a pound a day. I almost gave in two weeks ago because of the frustration, but it was only a bump in the road.

* nothing seemed to be moving except my bowels, everyone else seems to report slowing of the digestive system, I have had just the oposite all 6 weeks. I wonder if it is the sucralose, or maybe the soy.

wuv2bloved
07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Hey everyone, Haven't had time to read all of the post yet but wanted to share that I loss another pound and a few more inches this week...here is my latest video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBjfkzs2CJc

locastella
07-11-2012, 02:00 PM
This was a GREAT message. I had a couple of weeks that nothing seemed to be moving* But this week the weight is literally falling off at about a pound a day. I almost gave in two weeks ago because of the frustration, but it was only a bump in the road.

* nothing seemed to be moving except my bowels, everyone else seems to report slowing of the digestive system, I have had just the oposite all 6 weeks. I wonder if it is the sucralose, or maybe the soy.

Finally someone else not suffering from the Big C . I was beginning to think I was the only one! For me I think it is the whey.

NewPath
07-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Hey everyone, Haven't had time to read all of the post yet but wanted to share that I loss another pound and a few more inches this week...here is my latest video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBjfkzs2CJc

LISA, YOU ROCK GIRL!!!!!!

rainbowsmiles
07-11-2012, 02:15 PM
grandma and loca....i am there with you guys!! i have NO problem in that department!! thankgoodness!! still, i am always aware of where a bathroom is EVERY WHERE I GO NOW!! haha

gives new meaning to my advice to my kids all these years,
ALWAYS BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS!!

<giggle> :rofl:

grandma i am sooooooooooo glad you never gave in!!! i just love watching your journey and YOU CAN DO THIS!! you inspire me to press on despite any slags....just stay the course and eventually our bodies WILL GIVE IN! heart U <3

NewPath
07-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Hello! I'm on day 3 so it's nice to meet someone who is also just starting. Today has probably been my toughest day, but I posted on this forum and received some great ideas. Good Luck with the rest of your day !!

Pianonan-

:welcome: :wel3fc: :welcome3:

You have discovered a wonderful community!!!! Welcome aboard!

aimeed3
07-11-2012, 02:17 PM
What is the name of that website where you can buy individual packets? I just want to buy a few of the crepe mixes. I can only use them on the weekends and I dont want to buy a whole box.

Thanks.

athebeach
07-11-2012, 02:36 PM
You can get some individual packets from Shopforprotein.com. Their website is moving to a new server so email daisy@shopforprotein.com and she will help you out.

JourneyOrDestination
07-11-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm new to the site, and a new IP dieter. I love the positive vibe on this site.

pianonan
07-11-2012, 02:43 PM
NewPath........Thank you so much!!!!! :)

NOVAScents
07-11-2012, 02:48 PM

Thanks for listening!

I'm a baker by nature and miss it soooo much, so I turn my pudding mixes into muffins. Just take the dry mix, add 2 egg whites, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder, and a tad bit of water. Mix it all up and bake in those mini cupcake tins. 350 degrees for something like 10 minutes.

pianonan
07-11-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm a baker by nature and miss it soooo much, so I turn my pudding mixes into muffins. Just take the dry mix, add 2 egg whites, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder, and a tad bit of water. Mix it all up and bake in those mini cupcake tins. 350 degrees for something like 10 minutes.
I'm printing the recipe out now! I have a pudding scheduled for today so I'm going to give it a try :) THANKS!

Kaypix
07-11-2012, 03:04 PM

I know my mother in law, or rather, step mother in law (not the one mentioned in previous post) is really uppity about the weight she lost, she's about a size 8-10 I suppose now? (she says 6, I say LIES!) and I got the impression as I had her measure me that she was putting me down. "Awe, you only lost 4" around blah blah blah this week, my week 3I was down 7 inches" grrrrrrrrrrr...and I have this weird thinking that she doesn't expect me to be able to get thinner than her. Is it in my head? Maybe, but I don' think so! I digress; your friend is probably jealous that you're doing something that is working so fast, while she was being a gym bunny and counting every.single.thing. she put into her mouth. I'd say tell her that you'd be happy to talk to her about it once you hit maintenance, so you can more fully inform her about the other 3 phases of this diet ;) That'll buy you some time at least!

Finally someone else not suffering from the Big C . I was beginning to think I was the only one! For me I think it is the whey.
I'm a once-a-dayer-every-dayer...eeeew poo talk. I don't know why but I've not had an issue with constipation except maybe one day this whole time (week 12 now).

Kaypix
07-11-2012, 03:07 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/recipebooksize.jpg

OMG this book is getting HUGE! I am officially starting on page 3 of archive # 1...and can i just say we are gonna have us a big ol' cookbook!

explore
07-11-2012, 03:24 PM
NovaScents,
I have Hashimotoes Disease-hypothyroid. I have had not thryroid function for over 21 years. Since starting IP, my thyroid is functioning again, and my doctor had to lower my meds.

I have hypothyroidism as well, and my blood work just came out great. My TSH is looking very good, and my cholesterol dropped from 220 to 205. This diet is the only diet I have found success with in the past 20 years with my thyroid issues. I am concerned with all the soy in the foods, but I will continue to check my tsh. When your doctor lowered your meds was it because your tsh went down or up?

jules26965
07-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Kaypix - That cookbook is so cool!!!

Well I had my unofficial weigh in today (my coach is out until the 18th, so I weigh at home at my appt time with all my clothes on). Down another 2.5#!!!!! Woo-hoo! So happy since the scale hadn't been moving much this week it didn't seem.

Hubby and I bought a mandolin last night so we can more easily slice veggies. We also looked at an Actifryer and added it to the list of things to buy when we have $250 laying around :) We also looked at a magic bullet so I don't have to drag my blender out to make shakes (the main reason I haven't made any shakes yet), but I think I need to read more product reviews before taking the plunge! Busy night lol.

Congrats to everyone OP and losing today!!! I was starting to doubt this week, and it was all erased when I stepped on the scale 20 min ago!

Chloe222
07-11-2012, 03:36 PM

The first week is tough, no two ways about it, just keep your eyes on the goal. It will get much better fast. If you find yourself wavering at all, read Dr Tran's book which is found on the last link (or next to last) on the opening message of this thread.

I also find the afternoons a little long and so I for the first 3 months, I would split my snack in half and have half in the late afternoon, half at bedtime. It worked.

Good Morning everyone!

Well I had my weigh in this morning and after a crappy loss last week with the stress and power being out.... this week I MADE IT TO ONEDERLAND!!! I will never go back! I almost fell off the scale! Doing a little:carrot:

Now i need to go back and catch up on all the posts. Hope everyone is having a good day!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Hi
I have only been on the program for 3 weeks and last week it felt like I had a pill stuck in my throat/ After a few days it hadnt gone away i called the doctor and my thyroid is swollen - i had my blood work done on Saturday and am havig an ultrasound on Monday. I do have a goiter on my thyroid but i have never felt it and i have had it for over 10 years.
Please keep us in the loop regarding your thyroid. many of us take thyroid meds.

Trish It seems people have a hard time the second time around, so I would stay on Phase 1 till I got down to the real number I want to reach. Easier to keep truckin' than stop and start again.

Glad you found the message helpful.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/recipebooksize.jpg

OMG this book is getting HUGE! I am officially starting on page 3 of archive # 1...and can i just say we are gonna have us a big ol' cookbook!
This will be so wonderful, for so many.

rainbowsmiles
07-11-2012, 03:40 PM
We also looked at a magic bullet so I don't have to drag my blender out to make shakes (the main reason I haven't made any shakes yet), but I think I need to read more product reviews before taking the plunge!

jules.....i LOVE LOVE LOVE my magic bullet and use it every single day, pack it when i go on trips and i have the larger version with the juicer and set of mugs that you can just make your drink in and then drink from the mug!! Its my FAVORITE kitchen utensil!!!! I have an "new" blender sitting in the corner, and rarely use it!!!

explore
07-11-2012, 03:44 PM

It does feel good to vent! I would take this as a compliment that you are such an inspiration to her that she wants to do what you are doing. I would share your success as much as possible with as many people as you can! I would love some of my friends to jump on board with my new way of eating. I am thrilled to have my parents join in with me. My mom has already taught me a few great recipes/discoveries. It's so fun to hear my parents as excited about the diet as I am.

aimeed3
07-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Thank you all for the advice and suggestions. I am just going to do me!! :)

Halfagain
07-11-2012, 04:08 PM
trying to think of this bowl of lettus and balsamic (WF) dressing as my new snack of choice... haven't convinced myself quite yet.. working on it. One thing I can tell you, is pre-packaged salads are no longer coming into this house. This fresh lettus really does rock. And there's varieties of lettus (I've seen it in the stores - didn't really mix it up like now and really work 'em before).

Trying to drink more water. Took to heart the salt thing yesterday and today I feel so puffy. TOM for me is hard to say - I had surgery about 8 years ago that took away the visable signs of that, but left the hormone parts in could be that going on and not the salt, or a combo. Anyway I feel rather blimpishh today.. drink drink drink....

locopollo
07-11-2012, 04:10 PM
I love my magic bullet too. It is great for mixing the wildberry yogurt shake with spinach.

Finishing up my chicken, bok choi, mushrooms, WF balsamic and tamari sauce for lunch. It is pretty darned good. The sauce has been in the fridge for several days and the hot pepper flakes are in full effect. :D

My chicken a la king is soaking for supper. Thanks for that very important tip!

usmcvet
07-11-2012, 04:25 PM
So I need t place my weekly food order but don't know what to order! I used to love mushrooms in my herb and cheese omelet. Made one this morning and just didn't want to eat it. The dog got some of it. She was pretty happy!

Anyone else loose interstate for a favorite?

I will order some more soups and chocolate shakes.

Tigerlvr52
07-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Just an awesome day today. My work has a Bocce Ball tournament each year and today was the opening game. I am in charge of the tournament and really felt the difference walking all over the front lawn of our building in the sunshine. I didn't get as hot... thank god. And many coworkers who don't know I am on a lifestyle change have started to notice the difference. Pretty dang cool in my book. :cool:

lotusflowerbomb
07-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Hello All,

I am new to the forum. I signed up for support. I started IP in May. I have lost 28lbs. I have been anything but 100% OP. With vacations, holidays, off site meetings at work, yada yada yada. I have made excuses for my self and veered on and off of the plan. Just need some reinforcement from people who are on the plan. I look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

Samba
07-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Wuv-Lisa: I love the video. Your smile makes me smile back at the screen!! You are looking beautiful. I think your energy is like glowing. You must feel the difference!?

Kaypix: awesome work on the book. Wish I had computer talent and patience. Grateful to you for the work!

Chloe: you inspiring post is still with me even after reading all the pages. thanks!

Okay, now I am coveting a Magic Bullet!! Also, I am going to try to make a savory waffle. How suggestible am I???

This is day 3 of me back to IP full bore. I am looking forward to a loss this week, but whatever. if feels so good to continue to eat wholesome veggies and meals. Still loving the IP protein packets.

I am thinking of revising my goal to 145#. I am thinking 139 might be too far, but we will see how it goes. Anyway, I am nearing the end and I really covet all the support I can get to make the push forward.

I have been better aware of my anxiety this week. Actually had some tough moments. but, the awareness of what it is somehow is helping me. I will make a plan about more help with the anxiety issues. But,of course, fear keeps me back. What a lovely vicious circle!!

Thanks to all who come here to chat and contribute! I would be so upset if I came and there was nothing on daily chat! It is good to be here journeying along with all of you!

Hgamroth
07-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I would love to try the crispy cereal pancakes....would you mind sharing the recipe?

I roll the crispy cereal pack with a rolling pin making the cereal into dust. Add 2 egg whites, a tiny pinch of baking power and a little water. Some people add vanilla extract but I am hesitant because I have heard there is sugar alcohol in it. It makes 2 small pancakes or 1 big pancake. I love the WF syrup and the WF apple butter.

Unwaver1ng
07-11-2012, 05:03 PM
So I need t place my weekly food order but don't know what to order! I used to love mushrooms in my herb and cheese omelet. Made one this morning and just didn't want to eat it. The dog got some of it. She was pretty happy!

Anyone else loose interstate for a favorite?

I will order some more soups and chocolate shakes.

Vet, I really havent been in the program for long, but have already realized that I need variety in order to do this. I get really into something and then get over it when I get just pass the halfway point with the box. This includes the fantastic chocolate chip cookies! I like to try the different packet recipes to keep me going.

~Jenni

Unwaver1ng
07-11-2012, 05:08 PM
I roll the crispy cereal pack with a rolling pin making the cereal into dust. Add 2 egg whites, a tiny pinch of baking power and a little water. Some people add vanilla extract but I am hesitant because I have heard there is sugar alcohol in it. It makes 2 small pancakes or 1 big pancake. I love the WF syrup and the WF apple butter.

I love the pancakes, and can eat them plain! I also don't use vanilla, because I don't have any. But I do add cinnamon to the batter. I have been travelling and actually am seriously looking forward to making some when I get home :)

~Jenni

lotusflowerbomb
07-11-2012, 05:14 PM
I "love" the crispy cereal. Thanks! I look forward to trying this recipe. I make pancakes for my 2 young sons on the weekends. I will make this one for me! I am going to order the WFsyrup and apple butter now.

Chloe222
07-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Just an awesome day today. My work has a Bocce Ball tournament each year and today was the opening game. I am in charge of the tournament and really felt the difference walking all over the front lawn of our building in the sunshine. I didn't get as hot... thank god. And many coworkers who don't know I am on a lifestyle change have started to notice the difference. Pretty dang cool in my book. :cool:

That's great!!

And you are 1/3 of the way there! Just imagine how incredible you will look and feel by the end of the year (perhaps at a holiday party with your new clothes?) Enjoy that feeling!

Momto2cs
07-11-2012, 05:28 PM
trishak....i know what you mean about those rubbery chicken bits...they were the same using the stove top method. i wanted to toss it out, but kept saying, at 4 bucks a pop I better eat it! haha So I did, but am not inclined to buy it again. Its ironic to me that some IP products I absolutely adore and others, well not so much! haha

I add a cup of mashed cauliflower and microwave it. If you let it sit a bit it thickens up and tastes better. Also good with some added chili powder and chili flakes.

lotusflowerbomb
07-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Went to place the order on the Walden Farms website and their shipping charges aren't fair. They charge a flat $8.95 no matter how many of the items you buy 1-10. Does anyone have a free shipping coupon code?

Unwaver1ng
07-11-2012, 05:36 PM
I haven't ordered any, but I know they have the WF products on Amazon. Maybe that is more reasonable?

~Jenni

lotusflowerbomb
07-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Great idea! Thanks!

GrandmaKiss
07-11-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm new to the site, and a new IP dieter. I love the positive vibe on this site.

:wel3fc: Welcome, Welcome Journey. We are so glad to have you join us.

Kaypix - That cookbook is so cool!!!

Hubby and I bought a mandolin last night so we can more easily slice veggies. We also looked at an Actifryer and added it to the list of things to buy when we have $250 laying around :) We also looked at a magic bullet so I don't have to drag my blender out to make shakes (the main reason I haven't made any shakes yet), but I think I need to read more product reviews before taking the plunge! Busy night lol.QUOTE]

I have two kitchen tools that I couldn't live without. 1) Mandoline - I used it every day and have had it 12 or more years. 2) Magic Bullet. It gets used about3 times a day or more and I love what it does to the puddings. Take the plunge. The Magic Bullet ($50 US at walmart or bed,bath and beyond) is worth every penny.

[QUOTE=Tigerlvr52;4401869]Just an awesome day today. My work has a Bocce Ball tournament each year and today was the opening game. I am in charge of the tournament and really felt the difference walking all over the front lawn of our building in the sunshine. I didn't get as hot... thank god. And many coworkers who don't know I am on a lifestyle change have started to notice the difference. Pretty dang cool in my book. :cool:

I miss Bocce Ball, I've moved away from all my Italian relative, but I remember Bocce Ball, Sundays and Mixed grill all going together.

Hello All,

I am new to the forum. I signed up for support. I started IP in May. I have lost 28lbs. I have been anything but 100% OP. With vacations, holidays, off site meetings at work, yada yada yada. I have made excuses for my self and veered on and off of the plan. Just need some reinforcement from people who are on the plan. I look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

The first best decision I made in my life is marrying my hubby, the second was joining this group. This group is what keeps my motivation strong when I am tempted to waver. Welcome the 3FC.

Went to place the order on the Walden Farms website and their shipping charges aren't fair. They charge a flat $8.95 no matter how many of the items you buy 1-10. Does anyone have a free shipping coupon code?

I ordered some of my WF through Amazon, I have their prime membership so shipping was free. I also checked with my grocery to see if they could carry the WF blue cheese dressing. They are looking into it.

Tigerlvr52
07-11-2012, 05:44 PM

you might find some at your local grocery store. Our local store Fred Meyer has it which is owned by Kroger. You might check it out. Sometimes a little more expensive than the website but no shipping.

Hockeymom40
07-11-2012, 05:58 PM
[B]Question about vitafusion® Fiber Well Gummies: Good or bad??
Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 2 Gummies

Amount Per Serving - % Daily Value:*
Calories 10, Total Carbohydrate 5 g - 2%, Dietary Fiber 5 g - 20%, Soluble Fiber 5 g - **, Sugar Alcohol 1 g - **.

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Daily Value not established.

Ingredients:
Polydextrose, Xylitol, Gelatin, Natural Flavors, Malic Acid, Colors (Black Carrot Juice Extract, Carrot and Blueberry Juices, Annatto Extract), Sucralose, Fractionated Coconut Oil and Beeswax.

I don't know the answer to your question but I sent you a private message about something else. Please check it and let know. Thanks

wuv2bloved
07-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Don't quit, your body may be going through changes and needs to adjust to your losses so far...Can you give us an example of your daily intake of food so that we can see maybe if you are omitting something important or not?

Hello All,

No more excuses, you want support so we will try to help you out. Life will always have excuses its how we deal with them that is important. You will always have that party or get together at a friend or family's house, its how you prepare for it that will make or break you. Stick to the plan 100% for quick and amazing results :)

Wuv-Lisa: I love the video. Your smile makes me smile back at the screen!! You are looking beautiful. I think your energy is like glowing. You must feel the difference!?

Thanks to all who come here to chat and contribute! I would be so upset if I came and there was nothing on daily chat! It is good to be here journeying along with all of you!
Thank you Samba, I feel amazing

rainbowsmiles
07-11-2012, 06:09 PM
I add a cup of mashed cauliflower and microwave it. If you let it sit a bit it thickens up and tastes better. Also good with some added chili powder and chili flakes.

thanks :) if i buy it again, i will try that!! :) cheers!!!! :hug:

Rhonduz
07-11-2012, 06:15 PM
I can't wait to try the crispy cereal pancakes!
Wuv, you are a beautiful person inside and out. Thank you for being such an inspiration!

Ng951
07-11-2012, 06:22 PM
jules.....i LOVE LOVE LOVE my magic bullet and use it every single day, pack it when i go on trips and i have the larger version with the juicer and set of mugs that you can just make your drink in and then drink from the mug!! Its my FAVORITE kitchen utensil!!!! I have an "new" blender sitting in the corner, and rarely use it!!!

Sue I just love my ninja :). I also love that zucchini and cucumber dish. I make it once a week. Hope everything is good with you :)

Lynnie63
07-11-2012, 06:28 PM

Try Netrition.com - their shiping charges are $4.95 for as many things as you want and their pricing is a buck (or more) less than the WF website. They ship out of NY, very promptly, takes a day or two for me. If you spend over a certain amount you get a free gift (you choose from a list), I got a shaker last order.

Off to WI! I should be in a new "decade"!! I had my TOM this week (the first time since Jan!), so we'll see, but hopefully.

lotusflowerbomb
07-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Try Netrition.com - their shiping charges are $4.95 for as many things as you want and their pricing is a buck (or more) less than the WF website. They ship out of NY, very promptly, takes a day or two for me. If you spend over a certain amount you get a free gift (you choose from a list), I got a shaker last order.

Off to WI! I should be in a new "decade"!! I had my TOM this week (the first time since Jan!), so we'll see, but hopefully.

Thanks so very much for the suggestion. I went to amazon. That option didn't make sense I am going to try netrition.

Good luck on your WI!

Halfagain
07-11-2012, 06:41 PM

This might help if the link stays (if not query Walden Farms store locator). http://www.waldenfarms.com/store_locator.html

it pointed me to a couple of close places - hope you have some luck with it. I really like all of the dressings I have tried so far. I keep looking for mayo.. none of the stores near me carry that so far.
Barb

IPinOKC
07-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Just finished week 2. Total lbs lost=9!!
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/flower02/lb/242.5/150/233/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

jules26965
07-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Sue I just love my ninja :). I also love that zucchini and cucumber dish. I make it once a week. Hope everything is good with you :)

Hi Ng951...I looked at the Ninga too, but (and keep in mind we weren't there shopping for blender like devices so I was rushed) I couldn't tell much of a difference and the Ninja was a bit more expensive.

Thanks for all the positive reviews. I wish I'd started this diet before I got married in February -- my registry would have looked very different (no Fry Daddy for starters hahaha)

J bug
07-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Today was weigh in for me and down an even 3 pounds. My pants are all starting to be too loose. It's a problem I'll live with!

Going camping for a week in about a week, and wondering how to have clothes that aren't falling down all week. In between where I've been and where I'm going it tough. I'll need jeans, but I'm sure mine are all too loose. Better find time for the second hand store soon!

patns
07-11-2012, 07:01 PM

I make this but beat the egg whites. Now I'm wondering if that is necessary. Maybe it didn't say to beat them in the original recipe.

Chloe222
07-11-2012, 07:03 PM

Hi there,
Would you print that zucchini and cucumber dish here (daily thread)? Those are 2 of my favorite ingredients and I don't have a recipe that uses both.

thanks!

Hgamroth
07-11-2012, 07:09 PM
I make this but beat the egg whites. Now I'm wondering if that is necessary. Maybe it didn't say to beat them in the original recipe.

I buy the carton of egg whites and shake it before I pour the equivalent of 2 egg whites in to the bowl with the crispy cereal packet. I do also add cinnamon, forgot to mention that.

I am having the most hungry day today! I do not think I have ever had to add an extra packet other than on days I have exercised. I have had 2 1/2 liters of water already. TOM must be on its way. Really making conscious effort to not cheat. Normally it is a no brainer and no problem not cheating. I am not going to cheat but posting makes me more accountable. :)

IPinOKC
07-11-2012, 07:09 PM
I add my 2 cups veggies to the Chicken a la King and it's yummy.

patns
07-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Thank you Samba, I feel amazing

That ticker just keeps ticking along!!WTG!

IPinOKC
07-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Good Morning everyone!

Congrats!

chicagoboiler
07-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Just wanted to share my 2 month WI Results since I am so happy: 29.6lbs lost (I can TASTE the 30lb mark). I got TOM 1.5 days ago so I am really happy about my loss this week since I was dreading it. My total inches is 19 that I've lost and -5.3% body fat. I feel amazing and am so happy I found this diet and even more happy I found this site....it's given me a whole new life.

anitamarlene
07-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Wow great posts today. I am not much of a poster, but I also haven't been 100% committed to the plan. Started right after vacation, the same day my husband left for the summer for work. Just wasn't in a great mental spot. I have lost 13 lbs since the beginning of June with plenty of cheating. But the cheating stops now! I need to get my head in the right spot and stop thinking of this diet as "jail" and more of a healthy lifestyle. Dinner is in the crockpot, so no excuses. Here is to more dedication and more accountability in the forums. Thanks for all the coaching everyone (my coach isn't really a coach so don't underestimate how valuable your information from your awesome coaches is for the rest of us!)

kmc1021
07-11-2012, 07:28 PM
So much has been happening these last two weeks I have been gone!

I won't tell y'all what I ate the last two weeks while gone, but I was off the program on my vacation. It was not my plan at all but when your DH forgets over $100 in food on your deck in the 104 heat and then leaves before you have time to go to SAMs club you just kinda suck it up. In 2 weeks of being me I only gained 3.8 lbs. I know, I could have lost during those twos weeks, but it was what I needed! I started back yesterday and it wasn't a good start...I got my TOM. I spotted a few different days the last month or so and yesterday morning I had a surprise. But I am not pushing back starting back up because of this stupid pain I have!

Now that I am back I have a million things to do before going back to work next week (what a short summer break!!)

wuv2bloved
07-11-2012, 07:29 PM
I can't wait to try the crispy cereal pancakes!
Wuv, you are a beautiful person inside and out. Thank you for being such an inspiration!

thank you:hug:

rainbowsmiles
07-11-2012, 07:34 PM

everything is great!! did you get your PM??

Just finished week 2. Total lbs lost=9!!
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/flower02/lb/242.5/150/233/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

:dance: :bravo: way to go!!!

Hi Ng951...I looked at the Ninga too, but (and keep in mind we weren't there shopping for blender like devices so I was rushed) I couldn't tell much of a difference and the Ninja was a bit more expensive.

Thanks for all the positive reviews. I wish I'd started this diet before I got married in February -- my registry would have looked very different (no Fry Daddy for starters hahaha)

maybe you can re-purpose that fry daddy into a flower pot :rofl: :p:dizzy:

Today was weigh in for me and down an even 3 pounds. My pants are all starting to be too loose. It's a problem I'll live with!

Going camping for a week in about a week, and wondering how to have clothes that aren't falling down all week. In between where I've been and where I'm going it tough. I'll need jeans, but I'm sure mine are all too loose. Better find time for the second hand store soon!

awesome job on 3 more pounds!!! :congrat:

Just wanted to share my 2 month WI Results since I am so happy: 29.6lbs lost (I can TASTE the 30lb mark). I got TOM 1.5 days ago so I am really happy about my loss this week since I was dreading it. My total inches is 19 that I've lost and -5.3% body fat. I feel amazing and am so happy I found this diet and even more happy I found this site....it's given me a whole new life.

sending you a BIG 30's wish!!!! from the whoooosh fairy!!!! :belly:

So much has been happening these last two weeks I have been gone!

I won't tell y'all what I ate the last two weeks while gone, but I was off the program on my vacation. It was not my plan at all but when your DH forgets over $100 in food on your deck in the 104 heat and then leaves before you have time to go to SAMs club you just kinda suck it up. In 2 weeks of being me I only gained 3.8 lbs. I know, I could have lost during those twos weeks, but it was what I needed! I started back yesterday and it wasn't a good start...I got my TOM. I spotted a few different days the last month or so and yesterday morning I had a surprise. But I am not pushing back starting back up because of this stupid pain I have!

Now that I am back I have a million things to do before going back to work next week (what a short summer break!!)

:welcome: back.....great plan to get right back on track!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Ng951
07-11-2012, 08:24 PM

Thanks Jules for the kind words. Keep up the good work ;). Nancy

Lynnie63
07-11-2012, 08:38 PM
I have hypothyroidism as well, and my blood work just came out great. My TSH is looking very good, and my cholesterol dropped from 220 to 205. This diet is the only diet I have found success with in the past 20 years with my thyroid issues. I am concerned with all the soy in the foods, but I will continue to check my tsh. When your doctor lowered your meds was it because your tsh went down or up?

I've been on IP since the beginning of April. I went to the endocrinologist a couple of weeks ago, my TSH is now in the "high" range , so he wants to see me in 4 months to evaluate it again and maybe lower my synthroid.

drakegirl
07-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi all - I need advice - I forgot my bar for lunch today so I went out to get a salad with protein - planned on having my bar at dinner - I was with a group of new coworkers - (only known them for 3 days) so I didn't choose the place - the grilled chicken was marinated in balsamic vinaigrette - so I passed on that and had them add hard boiled eggs - but I'm not sure how much egg they actually added - definitely not 3 - I can tell you that - so my question is do I just leave that as my lean protein or should I have something small to make sure I got enough? What would you do?

SewingMomma
07-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Hi all - I need advice - I forgot my bar for lunch today so I went out to get a salad with protein - planned on having my bar at dinner - I was with a group of new coworkers - (only known them for 3 days) so I didn't choose the place - the grilled chicken was marinated in balsamic vinaigrette - so I passed on that and had them add hard boiled eggs - but I'm not sure how much egg they actually added - definitely not 3 - I can tell you that - so my question is do I just leave that as my lean protein or should I have something small to make sure I got enough? What would you do?

If it were me, I'd eat some more protein lot make sure I got enough in.

Lynnie63
07-11-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm in the 220's! :D ! :carrot:

I lost 2 pounds this week- yippee.

Only one pound away from 40!

naysha6
07-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Came back from weigh in and lost 3lbs. I'll take it. Good luck to everyone! Keep it movin people.

Ng951
07-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Hi there,
Would you print that zucchini and cucumber dish here (daily thread)? Those are 2 of my favorite ingredients and I don't have a recipe that uses both.

thanks!

The recipe is under Rainbow smiles recipes. It is called Stacked vegetables. You can also find the recipe on the Facebook 3fc. Closed group but send a friend request and our friend Lisa will accept ;). Nancy

Sassyc1979
07-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Down another 3.2lbs this week. Yay!!

Two quick foodie questions: egg drop soup allowed? Edamame allowed?

Dear fellow Austin IPers,
Please stop buying all the WF pancake syrup from sprouts. I need some. Lol!
Thanks,
Sassy

fam4me
07-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Just had weigh in and was down 4#'s and 4 inches for a two week period. Was on vacation last week so missed a weigh in. I'll take it! Next week should be into onederland!

Sassyc1979
07-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Just had weigh in and was down 4#'s and 4 inches for a two week period. Was on vacation last week so missed a weigh in. I'll take it! Next week should be into onederland!

Way to go!!!!

kabukidoo
07-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Help! I am just finishing day 3 and I am just getting ready to jump into bed when I pull back the covers I see a sweat ring that is one large and two purple! I am noticed that I have been not sleeping well and waking up frequently. I also have a sick smell that seems to be in my nose. Has this happened to anyone? I am a little freaked out. Help?

SewingMomma
07-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Help! I am just finishing day 3 and I am just getting ready to jump into bed when I pull back the covers I see a sweat ring that is one large and two purple! I am noticed that I have been not sleeping well and waking up frequently. I also have a sick smell that seems to be in my nose. Has this happened to anyone? I am a little freaked out. Help?

I have no idea where the purple came from, but the smell probably means that you're in ketosis. You may have been sweating a lot as your body detoxed.

GGee
07-11-2012, 11:10 PM
It has been a very BUSY week! No WHOOSH fairy for me. My Monday weigh in showed that I only lost 1.6lbs. My goal is the minimum of 3lbs a week. I know but at least I lost something. Slower weight loss over the past 3 weeks. I noticed that this has happened to other people too so I won't worry too much. But my coach told me that I am one of the 3 clients that have had a slow weight loss over the past couple of weeks.

Silly question, what does "ONEDERLAND" mean? I noticed a lot of people post about it. LOL

GGee
07-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Thanks Jules for the kind words. Keep up the good work ;). Nancy

Hi Ng,

I just bought the Ninja last night. ;-) My husband wanted a blender to make protein shakes with fruits. Can you tell me what kind of IP things you do with the blender? I have NO creativity when it comes to food. LOL

Sassyc1979
07-11-2012, 11:20 PM
It has been a very BUSY week! No WHOOSH fairy for me. My Monday weigh in showed that I only lost 1.6lbs. My goal is the minimum of 3lbs a week. I know but at least I lost something. Slower weight loss over the past 3 weeks. I noticed that this has happened to other people too so I won't worry too much. But my coach told me that I am one of the 3 clients that have had a slow weight loss over the past couple of weeks.

Silly question, what does "ONEDERLAND" mean? I noticed a lot of people post about it. LOL

Onederland is when you weigh in the 100s. Like 199 or less. I hope to join you in onederland soon.

CarCamMom
07-11-2012, 11:58 PM
So, I just had my 2nd WI this week and am doing fine with staying OP, but I have to tell you my cravings are still driving me crazy!! I am not hungry at all, but am craving something more. Not necessary salty or sweet, just something. I've had some tea, cleaned up, drank some more water, but still...cRaViNgS!!!! Does anyone still have this problem? Will they get better?

Tigerlvr52
07-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Made some amazing Chocolate Rhubarb Ice Cream with a strawberry drizzle. Here's how I made it:

Take one really long stock of Rhubarb, chop it like celery throw it in a microwavable bowl with a splash or 2 of water. Microwave for 2 min or so till it really falls a part. Let Cool. Throw cooled Rhubarb into blender, add 1 oz non fat milk, 2 packets of powdered stevia. 1.5 tablespoons of strawberry jam * i used walden farm's calorie free fruit spread) 1 scoop chocolate protein powder and 4 shakes of pumpkin pie spice. Blend until smooth then put in bowl for freezer. That is for one serving.

Take out of freezer and if not sweet enough then add more strawberry. The Protein Powder can be a packet of IP Pudding or drink. I don't drink the 1 oz of milk in the morning and this is the first time I have used milk since this began. I will take a photo tomorrow and post it.

Tigerlvr52
07-12-2012, 12:09 AM
So, I just had my 2nd WI this week and am doing fine with staying OP, but I have to tell you my cravings are still driving me crazy!! I am not hungry at all, but am craving something more. Not necessary salty or sweet, just something. I've had some tea, cleaned up, drank some more water, but still...cRaViNgS!!!! Does anyone still have this problem? Will they get better?

Oven Roasted Sliced Turkey.... that has saved my *** a few times. Sometimes you just need to chew something that isn't gum or veggies. I pack 2 slices in my lunch box every day and that is my "snack" roll it up and chow down. Just be cautious of the pre packaged ones they may contain sugar.

CarCamMom
07-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Oven Roasted Sliced Turkey.... that has saved my *** a few times. Sometimes you just need to chew something that isn't gum or veggies. I pack 2 slices in my lunch box every day and that is my "snack" roll it up and chow down. Just be cautious of the pre packaged ones they may contain sugar.

This is exactly my problem! I just need something...Do you count this towards your 8 oz of protein each day? I was at the grocery store for an hour today looking for some lunchmeat that would be 0 carbs/0 sugar....tough to find one. Which kind have you found?

GGee
07-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Onederland is when you weigh in the 100s. Like 199 or less. I hope to join you in onederland soon.

Thank you Sassy for that information! You will definitely get there! We will do the :carrot: dance to celebrate!

GGee
07-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Made some amazing Chocolate Rhubarb Ice Cream with a strawberry drizzle. Here's how I made it:

Take one really long stock of Rhubarb, chop it like celery throw it in a microwavable bowl with a splash or 2 of water. Microwave for 2 min or so till it really falls a part. Let Cool. Throw cooled Rhubarb into blender, add 1 oz non fat milk, 2 packets of powdered stevia. 1.5 tablespoons of strawberry jam * i used walden farm's calorie free fruit spread) 1 scoop chocolate protein powder and 4 shakes of pumpkin pie spice. Blend until smooth then put in bowl for freezer. That is for one serving.

Take out of freezer and if not sweet enough then add more strawberry. The Protein Powder can be a packet of IP Pudding or drink. I don't drink the 1 oz of milk in the morning and this is the first time I have used milk since this began. I will take a photo tomorrow and post it.

Sounds delicious!!!

SheenaB
07-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Hello everyone!

Well today I met with my 'Coach' Irene and she was super nice and helpful! I couldn't believe what a great deal I got! After reading a bunch of posts over the past week I was scared about how much this was going to cost me! I'm thankful
I didn't have to donate a kidney to get started! LOL

I won't actually be starting until Monday as I have a fun filled weekend with my bestie who is getting married and we have been planning the events to fallow for the past year!

I just wanted to thank everyone in advance for sharing your stories of success and struggles because all of the tips you have shared are going to make it that much easier for me to stay on plan!

~Sheena

BRfirefly
07-12-2012, 02:17 AM
I just finished my first week today and I have had a hard time getting to bed the last few nights. My coach told me that it may be a 'side effect' of my body going into ketosis. Everyone's body reacts differently. She also reassured me that as my body gets use to change I shouldn't experience the head aches and difficulty getting to bed. Hope this helps!

Porthardygurl
07-12-2012, 02:23 AM
Hi All... im probably last to check in tonight.Just thought i would say hi...It was my DD 's birthday today so we went to the outdoor pool and went for a swim and then had a picnic in the park with lots of salad and deli meat and then we played with a ball and my DD got ice cream instead of having cake for her birthday this year..she is 2 by the way...it was all good..Now im just chillin back and trying to get cool as i got crispy in the sun...silly me! Anywho..just thought i would say hello..