Weight Loss Support - One day at a time.. Aim to do good in April

Kempyd
04-01-2003, 03:06 PM
This thread is a continuation of one day at a time marching throught March. We are a group of women who have learned that we have to take evereything one day at a time. Some of us have even had to break it down to one meal at a time. We set mini daily goals and help each other keep them. Anyone can join in whenever they would like.

santana
04-01-2003, 04:55 PM
Hi. Newbie here...Your group sounds great. That idea is what is working for me... not only breaking it down to one thing at a time, but celebrating all the little things to keep motivated, rather than waiting for "big" milestones!
Good Luck to all of you! :cb: :cb: :cb: (love the banana!)

JoJoJo2
04-01-2003, 05:40 PM
Kempy, thanx for starting the new thread. I'm going to aim to do good throughout the month, one day at a time.

As for today, I walked at the mall, have been eating OK, drinking that water OK and hope to complete the day without any major problems. It is the only way I can maintain my weight loss, just taking it a day at a time.

Good luck as here we go through a whole new month.

no_way_but_up
04-01-2003, 09:03 PM
hey all

This month i want to set a specific goal. My goal's for aprill are:

1. lose 10 pounds (currently 183.5lbs)
2. lift weights and ride bike atleast 3 days a week (preferrably more)
3. drink atleast 8 glasses of water every day.

Kempyd
04-02-2003, 12:39 PM
Good morning ladies!

no way you sound like you have some really good goals for this month.

Santana I am glad that you could join us. What sort of goals do you have for the day?

Jo it seems like you did great yesterday.

I think I did ok. I bought a flat of strawberries and had angel food cake with ff cool whip and some berries after dinner last night. I woke up thinking about it though so I had it again for breakfast. I think my goal for today is to stay away from the sweets. I brought fruit to work so that I can snack on it so I hope it works.

By the way.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY NO WAY!!! :gift:

no_way_but_up
04-02-2003, 06:30 PM
well my birthdays going along ok. I bought a diet red pop to try. I keep wanting pop but to many carbs, i don't like most diet pop but thought i'd give red pop a try.

JoJoJo2
04-02-2003, 06:48 PM
Never tried diet red pop myself, but it sounds interesting. I sorta like the Diet Rite drinks, they are sweetened with Splenda instead of Aspartame.

I did my walking this morning. Soon it will be OK for me to walk outside instead of at the mall. But today it is too windy for comfortable walking. I mean WINDY - the kind of wind that will blow the glasses right off my face. But spring is coming.

Everyone, have a good day and good night tonight.

no_way_but_up
04-03-2003, 05:24 AM
well it's almost 4:30a.m and i'm in a colorful mood today.

My goals are pretty simple for today. eat below 20 carbs and do some exercise and (as always) drink lots of water

hope everyone has a great and fun day.

:flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1:

JoJoJo2
04-03-2003, 09:26 AM
How very colorful that is, no_way_but_up. Makes me want to start my day in a cheerful mode.

Everyone, we CAN do this. Remember to drink that water. Be consistent. Be happy.

Kempyd
04-03-2003, 11:28 AM
No way what time do you get up or were you just going to bed?

I like Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet 7-Up. Latly I can't get enough of them.

I think the only thing that I am doing on a regular basis these days is drinking my water. (shame on me) I think I am going to really think about why I am having these stalling episodes.

I tryied to PM Dena the other day buit I still havn't heard back from her. I hope she is ok.

no_way_but_up
04-03-2003, 05:02 PM
hey all,

I get up at 4 a.m everyday, i have to be to work at 6a.m and it's a 30 minute drive, but i need the extra time in the morning or i'd never be awake.

anyways, my diets going good. been doing atkins for 9 days and i've lost a total of 6.5lbs. in another 5 days i can start adding a few more carbs, i may wait longer because i feel pretty comfortable at this level. Still working on trying to get exercise in, but i'm working on progress not perfection.

Kempyd
04-04-2003, 01:42 PM
Hey gals. Well, it is Friday and where are you all hiding?

I am really busy at work today. We have a big party tomorrow and I am trying to get some certificates printed for the members who have lost the most body fat percentage.

I was bad yesterday, I had Taco Bell for dinner so I am on lock down today. HopefullyI can keep myself on target today.

no_way_but_up
04-04-2003, 05:33 PM
hey all,

boy the weather in michigan stinks today, freezing rain and hail for the last 2 days ( it was really fun to drive to work today). I was planning on exercising this morning but i had to leave early just to get to work on time. I'm planning on getting in a bike ride before bed.

JoJoJo2
04-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Just checking in - I walked at the mall this morning, my eating seems to be in good control, DH is taking me out to dinner tonight, our drain stopped up but DH fixed it, the sun is shining, and spring weather is coming. Life is good, keep smiling -

angieME
04-04-2003, 08:03 PM
I have been MIA this week. I was having a hard time trying to get into the groove but thanks to Kempy and everyone I think I am back in control again. I would like to lose 6 pounds this month. I messed up pretty bad this week so I have no idea how much damage I did but hopefully I can meet my goal. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

They are calling for snow for Maine tomorrow. YUCK! I am so sick of snow. I want to lounge on the deck in the sun.;)

no_way_but_up
04-05-2003, 04:43 PM
well i finally got a little exercise in. I had to work at the school today so i spent my breaks walking the halls. so i got in 2 fifteen minute walks.

my diet plan is going good and the weight is still dropping, so i'm happy.

my goals today are
1. exercise
2. eat within plan
3. drink water

JoJoJo2
04-05-2003, 05:29 PM
I'm still doing OK, too. I'm getting in 4-5 days of exercise per week, and drinking that water. Portion control is OK. Weekends are tough for me, don't know why. I think weekends are tough for lots of 'dieters.'

Keep smiling -

no_way_but_up
04-06-2003, 06:53 AM
well it's almost 6 a.m and i'm up and getting ready (mostly because i can't sleep because of cramps). i don't have to leave for another hour. I'm planning on walking halls again today, hopefully these cramps will be gone soon and i can do the torso trak before i go.

goals for today:
1. drink more water (been drinking alot of diet pop lately)
2. stay on diet plan
3. exercise

Kempyd
04-07-2003, 12:54 PM
It is Monday again and I am still an hour behind. These time changes really get to me.

I missed my workout today too but I have a mountian of laundry and dishes to do when I get off work so I am going to make to most out of moving around. I havn't deceided how to actually do it to make it a good workout but I figured some sort of movement is better than none at all.

My goal today is to drink my water and try not to eat to much food. (that is tha main one of course)

I hope you all are doing good today.

JoJoJo2
04-07-2003, 06:29 PM
That time change makes us all a bit grumpy, doen't it? And even though we KNOW that we will get that hour back next October, right now I think everyone is a bit irritated.

I'm sticking pretty well to what I should be doing, right now I am going to get off the computer and drink a bunch of water. Does computer time count as exercise? I doubt it.

Keep smiling -

Kempyd
04-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Ok it is Tuesday and I think I am the only one who hangs out on the site all day long. Does that make me totally sad or just a little. :lol:

I have done ok today with the food but I just ate lunch so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Goal:
WATER!!!!
MOVE!!!
NO JUNK!!!

no_way_but_up
04-08-2003, 05:17 PM
I'm doing pretty good this week. I've gotten exercise in yesterday and today (yah me!!) and following my diet plan. I'm not doing to good on my water intake. been drinking to much diet pop.

so how is everyone else doing today?

JoJoJo2
04-08-2003, 06:12 PM
I'm doing OK myself today. But I will be very glad when the weather moderates so that I can do my exercise/walking out of doors. It is still too cold and windy here.

And I always need to be careful of my food intake during the evening hours.

One day at a time, that's the ONLY way to succeed.

Kempyd
04-09-2003, 12:23 PM
I didn't do good last night but today is a new day.

My goal for today is to start to record what I eat again and to make sure that I throw that stupid chocolate away as soon as I get home tonight!!!!!

no_way_but_up
04-10-2003, 09:31 AM
I finally completed the first 14 days on atkins and lost 9lbs. I'm unsure about adding more carbs, i'm kind of comfortable at this level. Maybe i could add some fruit or something easy. anyways, how is everyone else doing.

I'm skipping work today:devil: need to get stuff done, been working for the last 2 weeks straight and i needed a break. I don't get a real day off for a little over a week and beleive me i can't wait.

I rode my bike yesterday and planning on lifting weights today, maybe get outside for a walk (it's supposed to be 50 degrees today).

also need to drink more water.

anyways, those are my goals for today. along with keeping the carbs low.:D

JoJoJo2
04-10-2003, 11:27 AM
Congratulations on your weight loss, no_way. That's great and I know you are happy abou it.

I'm still sticking in there. I have a very busy day today so I may not get any exercise in. I'll drink the water, and munch the veggies though. And I will catch up with myself and everyone else tomorrow.

Keep smiling.

Kempyd
04-10-2003, 11:41 AM
Wow you two beat me here today.

I stayed on track yesterday thank goodness. One down forever to go. I had a sweet attach as always last night but I threw the chocolates away so I had to improvise. I cut up some fresh strwaberries, topped with FF cool Whip and some choc. syrup. If I can say so myself it was pretty darn good. I can see me eating that alot.

I deceide to lower my body fat % instead of watching the scale but I am not a happy camper right now. We have a body fat scale at work so I hopped on it this morning. Needless to say it wasn't ood. I think I am going to bring the skin fold calipers home and hubby and I can take each others reading that way. I would much rather have a second opinion. :lol:

My goal:
Drink water (all of it)
Log foods eaten
Move around more

No way you did a great job. I really don't know how you gave up carbs. I am glad to see that it worked for you.

no_way_but_up
04-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Today i'm crazing carbs, but not giving in. I usually only want something when the kids are eating theres. but i've been sitting home by myself and i'm just keeping busy. Once others are around i don't give in, they'll be home from school anytime.

by the way, keep in mind those scales that measure body fat do measure a little high.

JoJoJo2
04-11-2003, 12:27 PM
Yesterday I was much too busy to get my exercise in. I seldom have a day like that but I was doing this, that, and the other thing and ran out of time.

But this morning I did my walking. Good for me. Hope everyone else is doing what they are intending to do.

Good luck, everyone -

Kempyd
04-11-2003, 01:00 PM
Good for you Jo :cp: on getting your walking in.

I stayed pretty well on track yesterday. I stayed at my cals for the day on fitday even though I had a piece of sauage when I got home from work. I was so hungry I am thankful that is all I ate.

I havn't exercised today but I have been really moving around at work. I have been straightening up areas that I have been putting off for awhile. I have to stay until 5 as apposed to 2:30 so I figured today would be a good day to do it.

Goal:
Journal
Drink water
Move

JoJoJo2
04-13-2003, 09:51 PM
I'm still hanging in there, one day at a time. Remember to drink that water, exercise, and think positive. And enjoy life, that is important.

no_way_but_up
04-14-2003, 05:18 AM
morning all,

I've be missing in action the last few days, worked all weekend *yuck*. anyways, no more weekends of work for me. I have next weekend off.

I didn't get any exercise this weekend, but i raked leaves all day yesterday. I figure that's plenty. I messed up my diet this weekend as well, but I'll be back on track today. I also have a bad cold, guess it's going around here, but i'll get through it (i hope).

todays goals:

1. watch what i eat.
2. drink plenty of water
3. exercise

Kempyd
04-14-2003, 12:33 PM
No way I did the same thing this weekend. I working in the yard both days moving stones and plating shrubs. I worked my butt off so I am happy with what I did do. I know it wasn't an actual workout but I did some hard labor and that has to count for something. The only bad thing was it got late last night so we had frozen pizza at 8. I know that wasn't good but I am not going to beat myself up about it.

Today's goals
water
move
journal

We are half way through the month and I know we can all keep this going.

no_way_but_up
04-15-2003, 05:48 AM
was gonna go for a walk yesterday but it was so nice out i started playing with the kids outside and ended up raking my yard. The weather in michigan is surprisingly warm this week. last week we had a snow (ice) storm and this week it's 70 degrees, go figure.

JoJoJo2
04-15-2003, 02:54 PM
The weather is sure changable this time of year anywhere you are. Here in Wyoming it is mellow and nice. But we have been promised more snow. Maybe even snow for Easter!!!

My update - this morning I had an eye exam including having my eyes dialated. No exercise for me today.

My eyes are still OK, which was good to hear.

Keep smiling -

Kempyd
04-15-2003, 03:48 PM
I don't think I have ever had my eyes dialated. Is it weird?

I didn't eat very well for lunch. My boss convinced me to have some spag. & meatballs from an Italian rest. Across the street. It was good but boy do I feel guilty.

Goal for today:
not to beat up on myself when I don't do good with food.
drink water

I hope you guys are having a great Tuesday!

JoJoJo2
04-16-2003, 11:29 AM
Dialated eyes? It's not really weird. It just takes a while for your eyes to readjust to regularliving. I have age-related macular degeneration, so I have to have my eyes dialated twice a year so the eye doctor can crawl right inside my eyeballs to see what is going on. LOL

My goals today, stick with the program, buy food supplies for Easter, walk sometime, and stay happy.

Good goals for me.

Kempyd
04-17-2003, 03:29 PM
Ok it is Thusday and I still havn't done very much exercise. I guess I will just have to keep pluging along and hopefully I will find the groove.

My goal today is to drink my water. I know that isn;t much but I need to stick with what I can get done.

JoJoJo2
04-19-2003, 06:42 PM
My wish for all of us is that we have a Happy & Blessed Easter.

A Reminder - it is entirely possible to enjoy Easter without eating any defenseless chocolae bunnies. Trust me on this one.

JoJoJo2
04-21-2003, 09:54 PM
I hope everyone survived the Easter weekend. Weekends are always tough for me, and when it is a holiday weekend, that can mean trouble. Actually I didn't do too badly. We went to early church, which made for a long, long day.

And now we are into the work week. Are we all working at eating healthy? Are we working at drinking that water. Are we working at getting some exercise in? It is always work, work, work. But we are worth it.

Kempyd
04-21-2003, 09:59 PM
I actually watched what I ate and did Pilates when i got home today!!!!! :cp:

I am hoping for a good day tomorrow too.

Good to see you Jo. I was begingin to think that I was the only one left here.

JoJoJo2
04-23-2003, 01:12 PM
Kempy, you are not the only one here. I'm still taking life one day at a time. And enjoying it.

This morning I did my walking in the neighborhood for the first time this spring. It had been too cold and windy before so I walked at the mall. But today the weather is cool but nice. I will probably do my walking for the next 4-5 months here and there close to home. We live in a hilly area so the walking is good.

Kempyd
04-23-2003, 01:26 PM
I wish I had a good place like that to walk. I can walk around our subdivision (1 mile from my drive to front and back) but it will soon be to hot to do that. I know my dog loves to go for the walk I just don't know how much longer I can take the heat.

I got myself back in the gym the past 2 days so that is a plus. I am still working on one day at a time though. I know if I try to take it to fast that is when I losse control and fall backwards. I have done this too many times to count.

JoJoJo2
04-24-2003, 05:18 PM
Yes, it gets mighty hot in Louisiana. I remember it well. And it gets mighty cold here in wyoming. Today is cold and rainy, but I still got my walking in.

Gotta keep trying, ya know -

JoJoJo2
04-26-2003, 09:30 PM
I'm still walking right on through April.

And smiling too, of course.

liz321
04-28-2003, 12:53 PM
How come you aren't posting on our exercise log?

Just kidding...was surfing and found you here!

Have a good day!

Elizabeth in Canada

JoJoJo2
04-30-2003, 12:46 PM
And here we are at the end of April. How did we do through the month? Did we eat as properly as possible? Did we remember to drink that water? Did we exercise? And especially important, did we continue to think positive thoughts?

I hope so. This is a lifetime committment. We should be doing these things on a regular basis.

Tomorrow we begin a new month. Any day is a good day to restart ourselves, but the first of a month is a good reminder.

Kempyd
04-30-2003, 01:17 PM
I didn't do as well as I would have liked but I am still going to hang in there. I hope that all of us try to do the same. See you all next month!