Ideal Protein Diet - IP daily chat Tuesday 7/10/2012

View Full Version : IP daily chat Tuesday 7/10/2012

usmcvet
07-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

usmcvet
07-10-2012, 06:28 AM
Morning. Ouchy. Had to drink a chocolate shake to take my pain meds. Swelling is. Enter but pain is more. I need a nurse to kiss!

rissimo
07-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Morning. Ouchy. Had to drink a chocolate shake to take my pain meds. Swelling is. Enter but pain is more. I need a nurse to kiss!

:getwell: :hug::hug::chockiss::chockiss::chockiss: Only kisses I could find, hope it helps out some.

kikig3
07-10-2012, 06:42 AM
usmc - I'm not a nurse but sending a :hug:. take it easy, not too much typing - unless you can handle it one handed.

Good Morning everyone! Hope everyone has a great day. Nothing too new here. Finally back into the swing of things after last weeks power loss, 4th in the middle of the week and a crazy weekend. WI tomorrow...keeping my fingers crossed for onederland!

rissimo
07-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:

Well after not losing anything last week, I finally lost another 2 poounds!
DH has lost 14 pounds the past 2 weeks and has gone from taking 6 pills a day for his diabetes down to 2. His sugars have been staying steady and his blood pressure has been staying at 120/70. So hopefully the next pills to go will be for his blood pressure. My mother started this plans last Tuesday, she lost 6 pounds in one day and then she said that she hasn't lost any more. She said that she is drinking water like crazy but is not getting rid of it like she should. She said she got really discouraged Sunday night and broke down and had a hamburger, but she said she was back at is yesterday. I told her last night to try some hot lemon water, that should flush her out some. And the reason that she may nto have lost anymore is because she lost so much the first day and her body is trying to figure it out or because of the water retention. She has to have both of her knees replaced and they will not do them unitl she loses some weight. So she wanted to give this a try.

I've only been able to pop in every once in awhile, so I have alot of catching up to do. I hope everyone has a gret OP day!!

Hugs and smooches to all!

guttergirl9
07-10-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm on my second day. I'm feeling naseaus and am REALLY tempted to eat something to make it go away:( I hate feeling like this!!!! Any tricks?

dizzyjean
07-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Morning all- back from our trip to Atlanta, smoothed the kids and grandkids, cooked a whole lot of food(muffins, cheesecake, cookies)and went to a wedding.
Good times! Only cheat all week was a peanutbutter cookie. Should have resisted it, but...that was last week.
WI's are all weird, I missed 1 because of being out of town and the one before that was the WI in the dark with no power at the center. So basically it will be 3 weeks come this Saturday. Think I am at a plateau.
The plan works, I will stick with it! My clothes are getting big and I'm starting to look(at least to me) like the saggy baggy elephant!

swimcoachmomma
07-10-2012, 08:38 AM

Not a nurse but sending hugs anyway!!! Keep that hand elevated, iced, and AT REST!!! And don't be a hero!! Take your pain medication. That is what it is for.

Have a good day.

Barb4640
07-10-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm on my second day. I'm feeling naseaus and am REALLY tempted to eat something to make it go away:( I hate feeling like this!!!! Any tricks?

When I started I felt nausea but did not want to eat anything cause I kept thinking about all the money I just spent to get started. If you cheat you will regret it, so be strong. :) Drink LOTS of water, I usually do 1/4 Crystal Light lemondade and the rest water. You can do this!!!!!

locopollo
07-10-2012, 08:52 AM

I felt pretty bad on my second day and just tried to take it easy, drink a lot of water, etc. I got through it, and I am so glad I did. Day 3 was a LOT better, and now on Day 12, I'm feeling fantastic!

Chloe222
07-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Good morning all,
USMCVet,
Thanks for starting the morning thread - especially given your surgery and the pain.

MaMaZu,
Clicked on the link you sent yesterday and I looked at last night and this morning saw a number of new prints, looks like they are putting up their fall prints. Added a new favorite to my list - the Zalda Bis dress in Tiger Eye Red, really special. Next would be the New Jeanne Two in solid navy...

LOL! I love clothes. When these came out, I was too young and poor to even think about buying one.

QUESTION: I never tried one on - are these really wrap dresses (so they fly open)?

Which fabrics do you like?

MaMaZu
07-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Good morning all,
USMCVet,
Thanks for starting the morning thread - especially given your surgery and the pain.

MaMaZu,
Clicked on the link you sent yesterday and I looked at last night and this morning saw a number of new prints, looks like they are putting up their fall prints. Added a new favorite to my list - the Zalda Bis dress in Tiger Eye Red, really special. Next would be the New Jeanne Two in solid navy...

LOL! I love clothes. When these came out, I was too young and poor to even think about buying one.

QUESTION: I never tried one on - are these really wrap dresses (so they fly open)?

Which fabrics do you like?

They are a true wrap dress, so not something to wear outside on a windy day. fYI, when I was young and poor I had a DVF pattern and made myself several, not out of silk (impractical with 4 kids), but used a crepe de chine and some light cotton fabrics. This time it will be in silk. Some people size up with wrap dresses, going next week to try them on so will keep you posted.
BTW, the price almost makes me sick, but doggone it, I've worked hard for this!

locopollo
07-10-2012, 09:31 AM

Think how much you're saving in IP packets. :chin:

bttrhalf
07-10-2012, 09:37 AM

Hi Guttergirl, I felt nauseous a few times when I was starting try another packet you may just need a little something more to eat.:hug: it will go away.:D

mompattie
07-10-2012, 10:03 AM

Oh I'm a nurse!!! Smooch!!!! Take care of that wrist!!!

sneuse
07-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Morning everyone! It's a rainy one here in Austin but its a nice break from the hot hot heat!

Had my first non diet meal last night (first day of maintenance) and while I enjoyed it, I'm starting to see what an impact this diet has had on my life! While I ate, I enjoyed it (chili cheeseburger and fries), but afterwards I just felt "blah". It didn't make me sick, but I just felt gross. I also had a few drinks that were WAY too sweet, and this morning I feel so queasy.

I told my dad (who I work with) that I couldn't believe I was going to say this, but I probably won't be drinking much alcohol from here on out. And honestly, I'm not sure I'll be eating that way anymore either! I try to think of things I want to eat now that I can, and I draw a blank.

I know this diet is a struggle for most, as it was for me, but it's kind of nice knowing that it's had long term lasting effects on my eating habits. I honestly didn't think I'd be able to stick to the phase 4 plan, but now I'm thinking it's going to be pretty easy.

guttergirl9 - It will get better, just hang in there! I didn't feel to hot the first week but things really improved from there. Finding the right foods (I stuck to the vanilla and chocolate boxed drinks and the dark chocolate pudding) will help as well. I realized once I stopped experimenting and just stuck to what I knew I'd like, I was happier.

usmcvet - I hope you get to feeling better!

Tigerlvr52
07-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Good Morning to all had my weigh in last night and am officially down another 4 lbs. My first goal was to loose 30lbs by my 30th birthday and now I am 41 down and a full week almost to go.

Hope everyone has a happy healthy day.

aimeed3
07-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Good morning everyone!

It's pretty dreary here in Geismar, LA this morning. Alot of our guys rained out but you know they never let the office rain out. BOOOO!!

Today is WI#2! I am excited and took a peek this morning on my scale, which last week was 2 lbs less than the clinic scale. down another 5. who loses 17 lbs in 2 weeks???? Loving IP at the moment.

I should be getting my siggy soon! Cant wait for that, LOL

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!

DenverGal
07-10-2012, 10:35 AM
This sounds lame, but if I put it in writing to someone else, then I am accountable...I will not have a bite of this, a taste of that and a nibble of the other today! I will be 100% OP. Though there has been to no gain in the last (ahem) 3 weeks, there has been no significant loss either (with the exception of my clothes actually fitting again). But my new secondary goals are that I have to fit into a black-tie dress by Sept 2...and I need to lose 10lbs to do it. So 100% OP day...here I come!

Onyxmom
07-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Good morning all!

Congrats on your losses, Tigerlvr52! You're ahead of your goals. Way to go!

guttergirl9, it does get better. I found that it gets easier, too. Like sneuse said, once you've tasted most or all of the foods, you'll figure out which ones you can eat long-term.

Had a very busy AND very lazy weekend which led into a very long Monday. Had a yard sale on Saturday. Got rid of LOTS of stuff. Sunday we went out in my sister's boat and floated on the Columbia River for several hours. Great way to beat 100+ degree heat. :)

Looking forward to the rest of the week after yesterday's extremely heavy work load. (Brain-tired makes for poor choices.)

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

sanaroph
07-10-2012, 10:47 AM

awww the pain kicks in :( :hug: feel better soon

sanaroph
07-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Good morning making a quick pass through, contractor here driving me nuts but I find if I come in here and at least say hi, I stay 100%

Have a great OP day all :carrot:

greeniris
07-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Good morning IPers:

USMC - ditto what mompattie said. and take your pain meds. I was told last time I had surgery that I would heal faster if I wasn't fighting the pain all the time.

Congrats Tigerlvr52! Way to go :D

sneuse: you've pretty much confirmed what I've been thinking. I have a long ways to go before reaching maintenance, but know I won't be able to go back to my 'old' ways of eating.

This week has been a really mixed bag for me. NSV - am wearing size 14 denim skirt with no 'muffin top'! Am really excited about that :D The bad news...yesterday at the end of my shift at my 2nd job I was let go out of the blue. They said they had no complaints about my work performance, but I wasn't able to give them enough hours each day. (My main job is 35 hrs a week, and this one was only 8 hrs p/wk, though I frequently offered to work extra, and they declined.) So now I have to find something else to either make up the difference, or find a 40 hr/wk job that has insurance. (I hate job-hunting!) Needless to say I was pretty upset and am hoping among other things that this won't affect my weight loss. Sure hope it doesn't take long to find something else....

rainbowsmiles
07-10-2012, 10:53 AM

:corn:

heehee couldn't resist!!:D

Notredamemom2013
07-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Morning All!
Hope everyone has a great IP day : )

guttergirl9
07-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks for all the words of encouragement!!!!! I ended up eating about 20 cherrios. The nausea left right away and a small headache that had started disappeared too. I'm hoping I'm okay w/ that little amount and that it won't affect anything. Hopefully this won't happen tomorrow!!!
I'm having trouble getting my salt in. I never put salt on anything so now just a little is making my food nasty. This morning I had to do the licking off the hand thing a couple of times to get rid of a headache I woke up w/. Not sure what to do about that.

bttrhalf
07-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks for all the words of encouragement!!!!! I ended up eating about 20 cherrios. The nausea left right away and a small headache that had started disappeared too. I'm hoping I'm okay w/ that little amount and that it won't affect anything. Hopefully this won't happen tomorrow!!!
I'm having trouble getting my salt in. I never put salt on anything so now just a little is making my food nasty. This morning I had to do the licking off the hand thing a couple of times to get rid of a headache I woke up w/. Not sure what to do about that.

you can also put salt in some water and drink it. it will get the headache to stop and may help with the tummy feeling bad. you will get used to the salt, your body needs it. I put some on my raw veggies and I like it that way.

mooselover
07-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Good morning everyone. I had a great day with my girls and my Mom and Sister yesterday. We took the train from Fairbanks to Denali National Park. Mt. McKinley was in full view on our way there. It was a beautiful day!!!

I had a hard time yesterday on phase 2. Eating at the park and on the train. Not a lot of vegetable options, but today in a new day. I will just have to not worry too much about yesterday and move on. I am excited for phase 3 as breakfast has always been my favorite meal. I am looking forward to being able to eat greek yogurt and fruit again. That is what I want. I am scared for phase 4. I like the restricted food choices I have right now. I know I will not go back to the way I ate before, but I am not sure I will like having to think so much about what to eat when right now it is pretty easy. I am sure I will get over it, but it's just something I am a little nervous about.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Rhonduz
07-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Good Morning everyone! Just returned from my 4th WI. Only down 1 lb this week and no inches:?: with all the family around last week I kinda replaced water with booze :devil: back on track this week though. I also found out that I'm gonna be a grandma again. With two sons and two grandsons I'm still in the running for a girl!!!! I hope everyone has good WIs this week. Take care.

locastella
07-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Good Morning to you all. Although I have never posted on the daily chat I feel like I know you guys since I read it every day! Your stories are wonderful motivation. I am approaching my third week on IP , have only had one weigh in(-6.6 lbs, -5") because of being away for work but have already gone shopping in my own closet! I am going to weigh in again this coming Saturday. It almost scares me that this can't be real, its too easy!
Unfortunately for me though I have discovered that whey doesn't agree with me. I have never been able to consume any quantity of milk without GI upset but cheese and yogurt are fine. I didn't even think about the whey as the source of protein in IP food. My GI symptoms kept getting worse and my joints hurt for no reason so I did a little research and it seems as though it is probably the whey. Apparently "lactose intolerance" covers a wide degree of severity. So yesterday I got some vegan protein powder to replace the shakes. It actually has better numbers than the IP. I am going to try and keep the whey to a minimum and see. Having said that if anyone knows of a bar that has comparable numbers to IP bars without whey please let me know. I can feel this program being my salvation and don't want to quit for love nor money!
Thanks

Unwaver1ng
07-10-2012, 11:59 AM

Not gonna lie, I took a sick day on my Day 3 and slept like, alllll day. The next day, I was fine.

~Jenni

mightbe
07-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Try making a cup of hot tea and adding your salt to it. The tea will help calm the nausea and you wont even taste the salt!

Had my second weigh-in this morning and I am down 3 more pounds! I woke up feeling very puffy so I was very surprised to see a loss! :flow1:

wuv2bloved
07-10-2012, 12:10 PM

You should of had another packet instead of those cherrios. It is your body detoxing from the carbs and sugars and you just fed it carbs. You have to give your body time to adjust to what you are eating now so it is going to be rough for a few days, hang in there. It is really important that you get your salt in, if you don't your electrolytes and BP will go low and cause you to have even worse headaches while your body is detoxing

bttrhalf
07-10-2012, 12:11 PM
morning, half way through week 3, feeling puffy and bloated,:barf: My scale at home says that I haven't lost anything this week yet, hoping that will change by thursday (weigh in day). any ideas on why I might feel this way, anyone else have this problem at week 3?:?:

guttergirl9
07-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Wuv- I was drinking my shake at the time and it didn't seem to be helping.

I think I'm going to try taking my vitamins earlier and see if that will help. I'm sprinkling salt on my cucumbers right now and it's not to bad. I'll give it a try in my tea tomorrow. May splenda will help counteract it.

Thinks for the tips!!!!:hug:

joysh
07-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Good morning, everyone! I hope everyone has a good day today! good luck on WIs!
:wave:

Usmvet, hope you're feeling better soon! Take care of that typing wrist so it heals quickly and you can write!

Mompattie, hahahaha! Thanks for the morning smile!
:lol:

NewPath
07-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Good Morning to all had my weigh in last night and am officially down another 4 lbs. My first goal was to loose 30lbs by my 30th birthday and now I am 41 down and a full week almost to go.

So proud of you!!!!!:bravo:

It seems like just yesterday when you were struggling through the first few days...look at you now!!!!

pianonan
07-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Hi! I'm on my 2nd day too!! I was worried I'd feel nauseous because water tends to do that to me, but I'm actually having trouble eating :( I'm trying to get down some veggies and soup for lunch and it is really tough! So far everything I've read says the first several days are the toughest, but to hang in there! I'm hoping by Friday I feel I better. Good Luck!

Halfagain
07-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Not gonna lie, I took a sick day on my Day 3 and slept like, alllll day. The next day, I was fine.

~Jenni

I thought I was nuts starting vacation and IP pretty much together. Start of IP was my last pre-vacation day of work. Vacation was typically a eat out extravaganza for my hubby and I in the past. It's probably the best thing I could have done, since I was able to get thru the start up days and not have the work stress etc. I know I have options for eating out, but that first week was not where I wanted to mix all that in quite yet.

wuv2bloved
07-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Wuv- I was drinking my shake at the time and it didn't seem to be helping.
I think I'm going to try taking my vitamins earlier and see if that will help. I'm sprinkling salt on my cucumbers right now and it's not to bad. I'll give it a try in my tea tomorrow. May splenda will help counteract it.

Thinks for the tips!!!!:hug:

Make sure you aren't taking your supplements on an empty stomach, this will cause you to feel sick as well. Take a few sips or bites of your breakfast then take them

DanafromAustin
07-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Happy healing! You know the day after is always the worse day, so hopefully tomorrow will be better.

They are a true wrap dress, so not something to wear outside on a windy day. fYI, when I was young and poor I had a DVF pattern and made myself several, not out of silk (impractical with 4 kids), but used a crepe de chine and some light cotton fabrics. This time it will be in silk. Some people size up with wrap dresses, going next week to try them on so will keep you posted.
That dress is a classic, so it's worth the money because you know it will never go out of style.

Morning everyone! It's a rainy one here in Austin but its a nice break from the hot hot heat!

Had my first non diet meal last night (first day of maintenance) and while I enjoyed it, I'm starting to see what an impact this diet has had on my life! While I ate, I enjoyed it (chili cheeseburger and fries), but afterwards I just felt "blah". It didn't make me sick, but I just felt gross. I also had a few drinks that were WAY too sweet, and this morning I feel so queasy.

I told my dad (who I work with) that I couldn't believe I was going to say this, but I probably won't be drinking much alcohol from here on out. And honestly, I'm not sure I'll be eating that way anymore either! I try to think of things I want to eat now that I can, and I draw a blank.

I know this diet is a struggle for most, as it was for me, but it's kind of nice knowing that it's had long term lasting effects on my eating habits. I honestly didn't think I'd be able to stick to the phase 4 plan, but now I'm thinking it's going to be pretty easy.
!
That was a lot of rain yesterday afternoon, but I got stuck out in it without an umbrella, stupid me. We tried the Genghis Grill yesterday, and that was great. Just some protein and lots of veggies, yummy.

You've learned what I was suspecting, that I could handle the free days here and there okay, but no more sweet drinks like coke and such for me. Just the thought of it makes my stomach feel queasy. That's okay as I've always been a water drinker and now, other than tea, that's the only thing I ever drink anymore. Have fun on your trip.

You are going through detox, and honestly eating those cheerios only prolonged it. The second day is always the worst, and you just have to go through it as there is no way around it. I was pretty sick the second day and slightly better the 3rd day, and from then on I started to improve. I have advised friends who have started IP to start it over the weekend so they can just hide out if they need to till the detox passes. Your best bet is to just hang in there and have an extra packet per day if you need during the first week, but this is like going through a drug withdrawal, especially if your diet prior to IP was filled with carbs. So more eating off plan, and this will pass, we all promise you that. :hug:

NewPath
07-10-2012, 12:42 PM

Guttergirl........DO NOT CHEAT!!!! It is not an option.(It will make your body crave more and prolong the whole process.) You will get through this. I remember feeling the same way, for a long while! It was worth every uncomfortable second!!!!! Trust me and everyone else on here!!!!!!!!! Try to envision yourself a few months from now, 30 or 40 pounds lighter!!! REALLY! Imagine that. Spend some time sipping your water, going through the threads, look at how successful people have been. It is because they did not cheat! Ask for suggestions. You will get tons of help and encouragement. You are not sick, you are getting well. That is what I had to keep telling myself, because I sure did feel sick....nope, I was getting well!!! You are getting well!
Stay with it here, we are all behind you.:hug:

Halfagain
07-10-2012, 12:45 PM
I should add - food wise (only) alternate-IP is saving us a lot of $$ on food. We used to buy veggies and let them spoil before eating them before. We used to get fast food daily (sometimes 2 meals a day), so the cost of IP - even if i were to go the 100% route, would still be far less expensive on a food only route. Granted, I'll need clothing, and there's the extra skin issue I'll have to see how that turns out at the end, but over all day to day food bill - we're saving!

Unwaver1ng
07-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Make sure you aren't taking your supplements on an empty stomach, this will cause you to feel sick as well. Take a few sips or bites of your breakfast then take them

So true... This lesson was learned quickly those first few days.

~Jenni

Unwaver1ng
07-10-2012, 12:57 PM
I should add - food wise (only) alternate-IP is saving us a lot of $$ on food. We used to buy veggies and let them spoil before eating them before. We used to get fast food daily (sometimes 2 meals a day), so the cost of IP - even if i were to go the 100% route, would still be far less expensive on a food only route. Granted, I'll need clothing, and there's the extra skin issue I'll have to see how that turns out at the end, but over all day to day food bill - we're saving!

This is exactly what I have been telling myself.

~Jenni

NOVAScents
07-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Question:

When you're making dinner, are you looking for an exact protein amount OR oz amount? 8oz of tofu isn't 15g of protein, so I'm wondering if I need to add more tofu or just stick to the 8oz.

jmuroff1
07-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Seeing all of these losses is so motivating! I can't wait til my next weigh in on Friday :-D Been feeling sick, i think it's a cold. Sunday I slept til 5pm so didn't eat much. Coach said to eat my dinner and snack then start over the next day so may be a little off this week. But had an NSV this morning! Put on these pants my mom gave me last month which I couldn't pull past my hips and now they fit perfectly!! YAY ME!!!

rissimo
07-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Question:

When you're making dinner, are you looking for an exact protein amount OR oz amount? 8oz of tofu isn't 15g of protein, so I'm wondering if I need to add more tofu or just stick to the 8oz.

For dinner, you need exactly 8oz of protein

MimiLee
07-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Getting ready to clean carpets today. Told hubby that doing this might raise my heart rate and mess up my diet.....he didn't fall for it. It was worth a shot ;)

Porthardygurl
07-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Morning All...Going to be sunny here in Hardy..we are finally going out to try the new outdoor pool in Port Mcneil(town 45 minutes away from here)...See how it is...

So im officially starting to get frustrated now...Im on week 6..ive lost almost 20 pounds and i STILL dont notice a difference in my clothes at all..not on my chest, not on my waist NOTHING!! I dont get this??? Im scratching my head trying to figure out how it is that im losing weight but yet my clothing sizes arent changing????? Its starting to get discouraging...And quite frankly it just makes me want to give up..cause if im not changing sizes in my clothes, then what is the point??? How come everyone else is changing sizes??? Even my mother who isnt even on this diet, is on a diet and she doesnt weigh herself AT ALL and yet she says she notices she is losing sizes even though she has lost a lot less then i have????? Im so confused by this...

Oh well..maybe one day it will change..

Have a happy OP today!

julied31
07-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Morning All...Going to be sunny here in Hardy..we are finally going out to try the new outdoor pool in Port Mcneil(town 45 minutes away from here)...See how it is...

So im officially starting to get frustrated now...Im on week 6..ive lost almost 20 pounds and i STILL dont notice a difference in my clothes at all..not on my chest, not on my waist NOTHING!! I dont get this??? Im scratching my head trying to figure out how it is that im losing weight but yet my clothing sizes arent changing????? Its starting to get discouraging...And quite frankly it just makes me want to give up..cause if im not changing sizes in my clothes, then what is the point??? How come everyone else is changing sizes??? Even my mother who isnt even on this diet, is on a diet and she doesnt weigh herself AT ALL and yet she says she notices she is losing sizes even though she has lost a lot less then i have????? Im so confused by this...

Have a happy OP today!

I've lost 18 pounds and wouldn't say that I'm in a new clothing size yet. And it took a few weeks to see really any change in my measurements. Plus, my waist measurement hasn't changed at all yet. After 3 weeks, I think, I had a big jump in my measurements, and then this week, nothing. Hang in there!!!!!

Shayideal
07-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Hi All,

After a relapse while in Maintenance, I am back on phase 1. This is day 2 for me and I am actually feeling fine. I really need to get everything back in check. I was back to pre-Ideal habits, in a hurry, not planning, out to eat, eating junk, so excited to be back on and have some structure in my eating!

Shay

justbecause53
07-10-2012, 02:42 PM

I wasn't a salt-user before I started IP. I found that I could use it on roasted veggies without too many problems. I haven't really found a WF salad dressing that I like, so I have reached the point where I can just use olive oil and sprinkle some salt on my salads. Your tastes will change over a relatively short time and hopefully the salt may not be as much of a problem for you. Hang in there, it all gets easier.

mightbe
07-10-2012, 02:49 PM
I think the bigger sizes seem to cover a bigger range too. I remember when I was in smaller sizes I only had to lose about 10 pounds to drop a size but anymore it seems to be a lot harder! :dizzy:

Kaypix
07-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Hey everyone, haven't had a chance to read through the 2 pages of posts yet ;) busy work work workin' that's me!

Had a small panic attack about the cruise earlier today, found out you have to let them take out like $100/person/day ($1400 for me and DH) for the cruise to have as onboard credit. I don't ever have that kind of money, so I proceeded to pretty much hyperventilate, then it turns out if you keep $100/person on the 1st day, and don't spend it at all, it counts towards the 2nd day too :) So not so bad.

Work is work, gettin' stuff done, need to finish a few tutorials yet this afternoon and then go home, not sure what I want to do tonight. DH is done with his motorcycle, so now he's bored after being home for all of 10 minutes (i'm not joking) so now I have to find ways to entertain him.

Gah, I'm just in a funk from this morning! I'm really argumentative and just kind of b*tchy :( I hate being like that. I'll check in probably again tomorrow when I'm feeling less evil, good luck to everyone today who had weigh ins, hope the whoosh fairy makes her rounds for tomorrow, and everyone stay OP!

NOVAScents
07-10-2012, 02:58 PM
For dinner, you need exactly 8oz of protein

Even though 8oz of Chicken is 27g of protein and 8oz of tofu has about 9g of protein?

Please don't think of me being a pain, I've been losing lean muscle so I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly!

mompattie
07-10-2012, 04:23 PM

Have a happy OP today!

Whatever you do you MUST NOT QUIT!! I have almost lost 40 lbs and have only noticed clothing changes this past week!!!! I have on dress capris today for work and they don't feel any different than they did 40 lbs ago!!!! But we BOTH KNOW that eventually things will start to change. We have more to lose than some and it may take a while. And not one single person has noticed a difference in me, but I don't give a sweet tweet. They will eventually!!! Hang in there, don't get discouraged and don't you dare quit!! What is the other option? Quit and be fat? Nope. Keep on going and eventually we will get there!!!

Chloe222
07-10-2012, 04:33 PM

I tried to sew one when I finished college on my $25 Singer sewing machine. I don't sew well but I tried. I'm excited for you and how fun to own one. I look forward to hearing about the sizing and which pattern you select. The red tiger eye print is really a stand out! I'd like that one but I usually wear subdued colors...and I have fair skin, blonde streaked hair so red sort of screams on me. But enough about me - this is YOUR DRESS!!
:D

rainbowsmiles
07-10-2012, 04:36 PM

Have a happy OP today!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug::hug:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Porthardygurl :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i know that IN YOUR HEART...YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!
even so....a thousand hugs for you for encouragement...because
sometimes, we just need a hug!!!

aimeed3
07-10-2012, 04:42 PM

Have a happy OP today!

Don't get discouraged. Being as heavy as I am, usually it takes about 40 lbs to be able to switch to a smaller size and then once you start losing more, it will take less. Just keep on keeping on!

joysh
07-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Just had my 4 week WI! Another 2.2 pounds gone for good! Yay! :yay::yay:

So im officially starting to get frustrated now...Im on week 6..ive lost almost 20 pounds and i STILL dont notice a difference in my clothes at all..not on my chest, not on my waist NOTHING!! I dont get this??? I

Hang in there, Porthardy! :hug:

even so....a thousand hugs for you for encouragement...because
sometimes, we just need a hug!!!

Rainbow, you are awesome! Your graphic made me smile! :)

Hang in there, don't get discouraged and don't you dare quit!! What is the other option? Quit and be fat? Nope. Keep on going and eventually we will get there!!!

Mompattie, thanks for your encouragement. It's to Porthardy, but it's for us all. :dizzy::)

Melfuchsia
07-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Porthardygurl don't worry, at some point it will start to show more and more... it depnds also on the cut and material of the clothes. I lost 50 pounds this past year and some summer dresses I had last year are really big on me and some dresses still fit!

sanibelover
07-10-2012, 05:13 PM

Have a happy OP today!

I have lost 37 lbs., been OP for 13+ weeks, and I am just starting to think that my clothes are getting too big. It has taken a while for me, but it is starting to happen. Don't give up! Time is going to pass no matter what, and you can either do the work and have results to show for it, or you can give up and be miserable. I am choosing to keep at it! I am really excited for time to pass now because I know each day brings me closer to my goal!!! Sometimes I do wonder whether it is worth it, but when I consider the alternative (being fat and miserable), I quickly decide that no amount of carbs is going to make me feel like I will feel when I don't have to think about how fat I am ALL the time. Good luck and keep on keeping on!!!!

CarCamMom
07-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Hi All! I had my second WI in today. I lost 3 pounds and 3 inches. So far, so good. Have a great day! Stay true!

justbecause53
07-10-2012, 05:33 PM

Have a happy OP today!

Hang in there! I have lost 36 pounds so far and didn't notice any difference in my clothes until maybe these last 2-3 pounds. Just last week I realized that I can fit into some of the next size down in pants, however, I can also still fit in the larger size and they aren't too baggy. Maybe its how or where we're carrying/losing the weight? The important thing is to know that the scale's numbers are moving down. Be patient and know you're on the right track. :)

usmcvet
07-10-2012, 06:03 PM

Awesome. Setting goals has helped me so much. I wanted 100 by the 28th and got 107.

WI #11 today and I lost 3.2 lbs and 3 1/8 in. :cheer: Congrats on everyone elses losses too.

Pauli - .2 is still a loss and you have to be pretty small at 121.

Vet - glad your surgery went well. I've had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists quite afew years ago and my left one never worked. I wear a brace on it every night but it has been better since I have lost weight.

Kaypix - your cookbook is looking great, thank you!

Rocking this thing, Bluejewel!

Thanks for all the kisses and hugs! Feeling better this time

AMS65
07-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Feeling down and must confess. I have been on IP for 3 weeks and 4 days. 18lbs gone to date. I have been struggling alot with eating every 4 hours and having veggies with lunch. My job is hectic and rearly get a chance to take a lunch break - it is easy to get in a shake but sometimes I dont get to it until 5 or 6 hours from my breakfast! On way more than 1 occassion I just had the shake - no veggies!! I drink all my water and am happy I have lost so far . I have also not lost any weight this week - I know that can be very much par for the course but I feel like I am setting myself up to fail!
I feel good on this diet but I still feel like I miss my carbs and emotional eating.
I know I am sounding like a real whinner but I feel like I am sacrificing so much and now might greatly slow my weight loss because of 2 cups of veggies!! Ever feel this way???

NewPath
07-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Feeling down and must confess. I have been on IP for 3 weeks and 4 days. 18lbs gone to date. I have been struggling alot with eating every 4 hours and having veggies with lunch. My job is hectic and rearly get a chance to take a lunch break - it is easy to get in a shake but sometimes I dont get to it until 5 or 6 hours from my breakfast! On way more than 1 occassion I just had the shake - no veggies!! I drink all my water and am happy I have lost so far . I have also not lost any weight this week - I know that can be very much par for the course but I feel like I am setting myself up to fail!
I feel good on this diet but I still feel like I miss my carbs and emotional eating.
I know I am sounding like a real whinner but I feel like I am sacrificing so much and now might greatly slow my weight loss because of 2 cups of veggies!! Ever feel this way???

Hang in there AMS65. For every problem, there is a solution. You have a whole community here who will help you figure this all out. Your weight loss is fantastic! You should be proud of yourself. Now, you have to start to eat smarter. I can honestly say that eating enough and eating frequently enough are both things that I have had to work really hard at. On solution for me was having the veges in an omelet and either eating that at breakfast, or having it for lunch...the omelet and veges are awesome cold over a salad...give it a try. (It is also so easy to take to work.) Stay on program. i promise that you will look back in a few months and be so glad that you did.

rissimo
07-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Even though 8oz of Chicken is 27g of protein and 8oz of tofu has about 9g of protein?

Please don't think of me being a pain, I've been losing lean muscle so I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly!

I don't think of you as a pain.:hug: If you are a vegitarian on this plan, then you may want to add a little more to make the grams higher. That could be the reason for the losing the muscle mass. You might want to talk to your coach about it.

MaMaZu
07-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Okay I hope this attachment works; I got this dress today for $24, marked down from $98 while I'm waiting for my goal dress.

Porthardygurl
07-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks Everyone for your encouragement..just reading this makes me feel heaps better. I know right now that my struggle has to do with my mom at the moment. She is up visiting with my father and my mom has been on a diet and losing weight and she is already a skinny mini and to hear her talk of her losing weight and fitting in better clothes and looking great, makes me feel discouraged because i just feel i have no results to show...they dont even see a difference in me...

But thank you so much to everyone who posted words of encouragement.. Im keeping on keeping on..Im still in this..and im going to keep going...I just pray it will show soon!

MaMaZu
07-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks for all the kisses and hugs! Feeling better this time

Allright, allright, hugs and kisses! Now behave!

SewingMomma
07-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Okay I hope this attachment works; I got this dress today for $24, marked down from $98 while I'm waiting for my goal dress.
Looking good!!! Love the dress.

Thanks Everyone for your encouragement..just reading this makes me feel heaps better. I know right now that my struggle has to do with my mom at the moment. She is up visiting with my father and my mom has been on a diet and losing weight and she is already a skinny mini and to hear her talk of her losing weight and fitting in better clothes and looking great, makes me feel discouraged because i just feel i have no results to show...they dont even see a difference in me...

But thank you so much to everyone who posted words of encouragement.. Im keeping on keeping on..Im still in this..and im going to keep going...I just pray it will show soon!
It takes a while for people to notice. Just hang in there. You know that you're rocking this program and that the weight is coming off. In a few months, you'll get tired of hearing, "You're shrinking!" I know I did. :)

MaMaZu
07-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Getting ready to clean carpets today. Told hubby that doing this might raise my heart rate and mess up my diet.....he didn't fall for it. It was worth a shot ;)

FYI, I tried that with my hubby the first few weeks to see about having our house cleaned while I was "adjusting"; didn't work on him either...

rainbowsmiles
07-10-2012, 07:38 PM
mamazu.....YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE in that dress!!!! awwwwwwwwwwwww just tooooo freakin' adorable!!!!
:cheer: :cheer:

usmcvet
07-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Allright, allright, hugs and kisses! Now behave!

You looks awesome in your new dress.

MaMaZu
07-10-2012, 07:46 PM
mamazu.....YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE in that dress!!!! awwwwwwwwwwwww just tooooo freakin' adorable!!!!

Grazie!

athebeach
07-10-2012, 08:04 PM
lookin good in the new dress!!
Went to weigh in today and had a disagreement with the coach so told her I would not be back. I will try it on my own for 2 weeks and if I am not heading down I will go to a different center. She is bent out of shape because I buy some stuff on line. I can save over $10 a week at whop for protein.com, so will gladly give them my business. The vitamins locally are 21.50 and on line 19 -1.90. So I told her I would order on line. So I am without a coach. There is another center that is almost 20 miles closer. So If I can't do this on my own will go there. Wish me luck..

Sonyasbug
07-10-2012, 08:09 PM

Water and lettuce, I drank and ate so much lettuce at first! Keep going, it gets easier.

WingnutandMe
07-10-2012, 08:22 PM

You look fabulous. I only hope to be a quarter that great looking (in a zillion more weeks)

Hang in there. I started only a few pounds less than you. After 60 pounds I've gotten a few comments. It took more than 20 lbs to notice clothes, but I had remembered that from the other diets I've been on.

lookin good in the new dress!!
Went to weigh in today and had a disagreement with the coach so told her I would not be back. I will try it on my own for 2 weeks and if I am not heading down I will go to a different center. She is bent out of shape because I buy some stuff on line. I can save over $10 a week at whop for protein.com, so will gladly give them my business. The vitamins locally are 21.50 and on line 19 -1.90. So I told her I would order on line. So I am without a coach. There is another center that is almost 20 miles closer. So If I can't do this on my own will go there. Wish me luck..

You can do it. You're not alone. After three months and lots of negativity like you've gotten, I said adios to my coach. It's been another 3 months and over 30 pounds I've been on my own. I chose to do alternatives. The only IP products I can't live without are the potatoes and the wildberry smoothie. There are alternative threads to read and of course, we're all here for you. PM me anytime with questions or to vent. I know how frustrating it can be to not be supported by your coach. :hug:

Molly

Sonyasbug
07-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Had an amazing WI today, down 5.6 lbs!! I really do find this to be the easiest new lifestyle to live. I feel more and more empowered each day when I grab my shaker! Thank you all for the continued support. Hoping to reach -50 this coming week!!! Woot woot

paulimapi
07-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Oh how I wish that sweeters didn't have carbs :( I'd drink like 10 cups of tea a day.

Missdee18
07-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Hello. WI- week #2. -3.

Ramjet254
07-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Had my first WI today. Lost 8 lbs and 6 inches. Woo-hoo! I am in it ti win it!

Diana B
07-10-2012, 09:23 PM

WOO HOO!! Congrats on the awesome loss! :carrot::hug::bravo::cp::cb::dance::cloud9:

Ng951
07-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Had my first WI today. Lost 8 lbs and 6 inches. Woo-hoo! I am in it ti win it!
Great job and welcome ;)

Ng951
07-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Usmcvet. Hugs and kisses from the Bone Marrow transplant nurse from Boston. Take the pain meds and rest up. I appreciate your dedication to this forum thank you ;)

Ng951
07-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Maybe someday I will figure out how to post a picture here. I need my friend Susan from SC to walk me through it lol. This system seems ancient to me. Lol

Ramjet254
07-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Thanks, Ng951! I was eating primal for a few months before starting IP so my first week wasn't bad. I love this forum!

NewPath
07-10-2012, 09:51 PM

MAMAZU......You look amazing!!!!! You are an inspiration to all!

Ng951
07-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Thanks, Ng951! I was eating primal for a few months before starting IP so my first week wasn't bad. I love this forum!

I love the support here. It has helped me in so many ways. I read it everyday and love all the determined ipers

julied31
07-10-2012, 09:58 PM

Looking good!!!!

LizRR
07-10-2012, 10:03 PM
So today officially sucked...again. Yesterday Tom started, my allergies kicked in, and then my car wouldn't start. Spent the day dealing with AAA and the dealer, got the car back last night. This morning, even worse allergies, feeling doubly bloated from yesterday, and the dang car didn't start up again! I got a loaner car this time, so was able to actually get stuff done, but I only work part time so missed out on 2 days of work getting the same mess straightened out...is it Groundhog Day?

Thankfully I was able to make arrangements with daycare the rest of the week and will be able to work 3 full days to make up the time (usually pick up my guy at 2pm). We are hitting up Galveston renting a beach house next week so I did NOT want to use up vacation over the stupid car! They called at 3pm to tell me my car was ready, but I am keeping it overnight...if I wake up to a broken car 3 days in a row I will snap!

You look FABULOUS! And what a steal, I need to go shopping with you! You really look great, I need to take more pics...finally feeling more comfortable in my own skin.

Oh how I wish that sweeters didn't have carbs :( I'd drink like 10 cups of tea a day.

I think sweet leaf brand liquid stevia is "truly" calorie free. I know some other stevia brands (truvia) have carbs from fiber & sugar alcohol sources, but some folks do partially digest some of them...which could add up after 10 cups!

Chloe222
07-10-2012, 10:10 PM

You look fabulous plus what a wonderful buy! Sophisticated. Shopping is such fun, isn't it? I've bought a few things but want to wait a bit still...

Chloe222
07-10-2012, 10:18 PM
I also think sweet leaf liquid stevia is carb free. I buy mine from www.iherb.com, they have good prices and low shipping charges. I buy my miracle noodles from them too - so 1 order every couple of months.

Hockeymom40
07-10-2012, 10:41 PM

Love it! Looks fantastic on you. I can so see you in the wrap dress.

cskristin
07-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Hi everyone. I'm having a bit of a rough day today. I feel so out of sorts today. I'm sore. I'm grumpy. I'm frustrated. I'm disappointed. I'm So Tired of Salad. I didn't sleep well last night. Probably after I sleep, I'll be fine. Thanks for letting me vent.

darcrista
07-10-2012, 11:00 PM

You definitely need more tofu to make up for the lower amounts of protein. Or i also found a low carb protein powder.

had this whole conversation with my coach about being vegetarian on this diet. If you don't get in the right amount of protein for your weight, then you start to lose muscle. We talk about it a bit on the vegetarian thread on here. Not sure if you are a veg or not.. if you also eat meat and are just having tofu once and a while it might not hurt to have the lower amount of protein.

darcrista
07-10-2012, 11:06 PM
I really wanted a vanilla ice cream cone today. I didn't get one.. but I wanted it bad! that is all. good night.

patns
07-10-2012, 11:30 PM

That dress looks fantastic on you!!

mompattie
07-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Love it! Looks fantastic on you. I can so see you in the wrap dress.

Your progress pics are absolutely amazing!!! Inspiring!!! You are beautiful, what a transformation!!

locopollo
07-11-2012, 12:31 AM

I agree! And I cannot picture you heavy! You look like you've always been slender!

MaMaZu
07-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Signing off for a few days. I am working Comic-Con here in San Diego for the next 5 days, very looong 13 hour days. Its lots of fun though seeing everyone dressed up. I'm a supervisor in the attendee area do get to see everyone coming in.
Can't wait for Monday already!

sunshinered
07-11-2012, 01:47 AM

Have a happy OP today!

I had a week like that and told myself to imagine how much fat must be gone from my organs and how much better they can function now. Keep on keeping on. It is so worth it!

sunshinered
07-11-2012, 01:51 AM
I had a week like that and told myself to imagine how much fat must be gone from my organs and how much better they can function now. Keep on keeping on. It is so worth it!

Well look at that. I needed to update my ticker as I've lost another 10 lbs since I last posted. Just keep on plan, don't mind the scale much and look, oh my goodness another ten pounds gone. You can do it!

Stefany1769
07-11-2012, 03:00 AM
Why dont you try and eat your veggies towards the end of the day? Have a shake with spinach in it for breakfast, I recommend the chocolate. Have a bar for lunch because they are quick and easy and can be eaten on the go really well. Have a shake for your dinner or snack with some more veggies in it. Then have your 'meal' with your 8ounces of protien and 2 cups of veggies.
I started having my chocolate drink as 'hot chocolate' recently when I was on the boat in Valdez for 5 days, lol it helped with me being cold to have a nice hot drink before bedtime. YUM!! Hope this helps you find and alternative to what you have been doing while at the same time makes it possible for you to get all of your veggies in. :hug:

I really wanted a vanilla ice cream cone today. I didn't get one.. but I wanted it bad! that is all. good night.

You could have vanilla (IP) ice cream with a few apple cinnamon puffs (or whatever flavor you like) crushed up on top!! Just go to this link for a recipe to make ice cream IP style!! :D

http://idealproteinjourney.com/recipes/misc-recipes/ip-ice-cream/