100 lb. Club - Jeanne lost 100 lbs!!!!!!!

View Full Version : Jeanne lost 100 lbs!!!!!!!

Sandi
04-01-2003, 02:22 PM
:dance: Jeanne lost 100 lbs!! :dance:
:cb: Jeanne lost 100 lbs!! :cb:
:dancer: Jeanne lost 100 lbs!! :dancer:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I can't tell you how proud I am of you!!

Wooooo Hoooo!!!!

Jo
04-01-2003, 03:11 PM
100 pounds! That's awesome! You're so close to goal, too! :bravo:

Charbar
04-01-2003, 03:18 PM
Way to go girl!! You rock! :balloons:
I know with all the stress in your life right now it was not always an easy task. I hope you have a huge smile on your face right now!!!

Dana

anagram
04-01-2003, 03:36 PM
I agree with Dana = hope your smile is LARGE! Mine sure is. As I've told you before, you've been one of my inspirations from the beginning.

We're all celebrating with/for you. Wow!

SuchAPrettyFace
04-01-2003, 03:44 PM
Jeanne, you did it!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!! :dance:

JML
04-01-2003, 04:09 PM
I have a HUGE smile on my face -- and tears too! Thanks! I'm an emotional basketcase today. My emotions are all topsy-turvy from the family situation, from my dad being upset with me this morning telling me I am a big cause of the family problem and maybe I should think about leaving although he is not throwing me out of the house he says (I think I need to take a few days and get away somehow - thinking of visiting a girlfriend in CT who invited me to spend a few days with her if I needed to), from lack of sleep, from being happy about making the 100, about being so glad I have you guys I can talk to about the weight, and from a friend I've been seeing, and whom I like, telling me 2 days ago that he is in love with me. Aughgghghghgghh! Too much at once!!!! It's all coming out as tears today -- the good and the bad.

Izzybeff
04-01-2003, 05:53 PM
Jeanne,

CONGRATULATIONS! You are a terrific inspiration to those of us who are just starting out... Care to tell your story of how you succeeded!

matt_H
04-01-2003, 05:55 PM
WhooHoo!

This doesn't mean you are leaving us now, is it? ;)

Sheila53
04-01-2003, 05:59 PM
OMG, congratulations!! How wonderful and exciting!

You've had so much going on, yet you managed to overcome what could have been a major eating trigger--you should be so incredibly proud of yourself.

Give yourself a treat--get away from all your problems and have some fun. You deserve it!

rochemist
04-01-2003, 06:41 PM
[SIZE=4]WHAT A GREAT JOB! YOU ARE AWESOME AND AN INSPIRATION TO US FAT CHICKS 1 and ALL! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:balloons:

Chris

suzie76
04-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Jeanne!!

You must have been jumping up and down when you got on that scale!!! I'm so proud of you! You're an inspiration to all of us here! I hope you can visit your friend and enjoy some peace. You deserve it. I grew up in a house with constant fighting, and I understand how you must feel. Getting away for a few days will do you so much good!

Hugs,
Sherry

Raelynn
04-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I can't wait to see before and after pics :)

Sandi
04-01-2003, 09:43 PM
Yes! Pictures, Pictures, we want pictures!!!!

Daners
04-01-2003, 11:46 PM
Woo Hoo Jeanne! That's so awesome! What an inspiration! And just 5 left to goal! Good for you!

Jennelle
04-01-2003, 11:54 PM
Jeanne - If anyone deserve a vacation, it's you! Go visit that friend!

KittyMilk
04-02-2003, 02:57 AM
Congrats! Love is in the air and your a babe! I'm truly excited for you. Weight is something you can control and you've sure done a great job of that. :balloons: :bravo: :grouphug:

Kitty

JML
04-02-2003, 01:08 PM
No, Matt, I wasn't planning on leaving you guys! I still have 5 to go, and then I have to maintain after that -- and I hope to be able to support you guys too!

Pictures? I took a bunch about a week ago. I have two more pictures to finish my roll before I get it developed. Then, I will definitely post before/after pics!!!!!

I don't know about the "babe" thing. Not sure exactly what a "babe" is. I'd actually hate to think of mysef in those terms, because as human persons, we are so much more than our looks. The heart and soul I think are so much more who we are. I would hate to think that anyone liked or disliked me because of what I look like. I want to be liked -- or loved -- for who I am. But, I admit to having feminine vanity. I enjoy knowing that I look nicer than before.

Such a nice Saturday ahead. I go see some of my students perform in a competition in Newton, MA, then my friend is meeting me at the competition, taking me out to dinner in Boston, and then we are going to a swing dance. There's a lesson before the dance, so we're going a little early to learn.

I like that my friend doesn't care what I look like. He wrote to me for months without knowing, so I know it was not the most important thing to him. Not that I wouldn't send a pic at that time. I simply didn't have one. And I liked that he was willing to write to me even without knowing. He's very patient, and thoughtful, and a gentleman.

glynne
04-02-2003, 01:44 PM
Hi Jeanne!

Congratulations!!! Way to go. You are such an ispiration to us.

Could you share ~ what kind of way of eating did you follow and what kind of exercise did you do to achieve this? Also what keeps you sticking to it long enough to succeed at reaching the goal? I need all the advise I can get.

Again ~ congratulations!!

glynne (Gayle)

boiaby
04-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Congratulations Jeanne!!! You're almost there! I hope you're feeling amazing about yourself. You're really accomplishing your goals. Way to go!:bravo: :cp: :cb: :dancer: :cloud9:

AngiKL
04-02-2003, 06:53 PM
Wow! That's amazing!

It's like losing a Back Street Boy!

soiley
04-02-2003, 07:15 PM
WOW Jeanne - I'm so impressed. You remind me of the Nike ad....Just DO It!!!!

bella23
04-02-2003, 09:53 PM
Good job!!!!CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to be in your shoes!

Bella23

irishgreengables
04-02-2003, 10:26 PM
you are an inspiration!!

Peace,
Paula

JML
04-03-2003, 12:57 AM
"Could you share ~ what kind of way of eating did you follow and what kind of exercise did you do to achieve this? Also what keeps you sticking to it long enough to succeed at reaching the goal? I need all the advise I can get."

I count calories. I aim for 1200-1600. I generally end up in the 1400 range. I never eat less than 1200. I don't worry about alot of details. I try to eat fruits and veggies everyday, meats, cheese, bread, chocolate -- you know, the essentials. I do try to drink 8 glasses of water a day, + 1 more glass for each cup of caffeinated coffee or glass of wine. I don't drink more than one cup of caffeinated coffee a day. That's not really for weight loss though. That's just a healthy habit. I eat things that I like, and try to concentrate on the quality of the food -- not the quantity. I try to eat what I enjoy so I can enjoy what I eat. I'm not afraid to eat chocolate. I don't binge on it now. I eat good chocolate -- and enjoy it in little bites. It's about quality and taste, not about the amount of bulk I can stuff down.

I generally get in ruts, so I tend to eat the same meals over and over. I've already counted the calories in these meals (don't forget to measure now and then as portion size can creep up unconsciously over time) so I don't have to do alot of calculating every day. I know that my 1 cup of raisin bran, 3/4 cup milk, 1 cup OJ, coffee with milk and 1 tsp. sugar breakfast is about 400 calories. I know my turkey lunchmeat sandwich on rye bread lunch is about 240 calories. I have a whole bunch of meals I like and tend to eat quite a bit all figured out. All I have to do is put them together. I have these staples already figured out, but sometimes I eat something totally different too. Sometimes, you just have to estimate too.

I like to have 3-5 meals a day. It depends upon my schedule. I try not to go more than 6 hours without eating, and prefer 4 hours between meals.

Eating out is a challenge. I know HOW to do it. I know I should avoid the bread, get grilled stuff and veggies, and avoid cream sauces, but I don't always do this. I figure this has to be a weight loss plan I can live with for the rest of my life, and if I could never order what I wanted in a restaurant, I don't think I could keep it up. So, I order grilled stuff sometimes - when I want it, and order more caloric things sometimes too. Basically, I order what I feel like eating! :) I don't have to eat everything on my plate. I like taking half of it home in a doggy bag for lunch the next day. And if I can't take it home -- better it go to "waste" than to "waist" if you know what I mean. Besides, we pay to enjoy a good meal at a restaurant -- not to make ourselves sick by eating too much. I don't eat out often enough for it to make a big difference in my diet. But, if I did eat out more, I would be much more careful about what I ordered and ate. I avoid fast food like the plague. For that amount of calories, I want to enjoy something REALLY good. Sometimes, you have to hold the food in front of you and ask --- is it worth it? Sometimes, the answer is no.

This is basically my eating plan, but I didn't figure it out all at once. I started my first year by just adding exercise and not changing my diet at all. The second year I sprained my knee and that got me motivated to change my diet. I wasn't going to gain back the 17 pounds I had lost by hiking. I did a food journal for a few weeks I think which helped me to find out where I was getting all the extra calories. The answers can be surprising. Then I decided I'd see how little I could eat without feeling too hungry. I did that for a while, then figured out the calories I was consuming at this lesser than normal but still comfortable level. It was about 1400-1650. I've adjusted the level as I've needed to in order to lose. I need fewer calories now than when I was heavier.

I do keep my sugar level down. I try to make sure that at least 1200 of my daily calories comes from real food. I'm not a big fan of extreme low carb diets, but I do eat fewer carbs and more protein than I did, and I've taken a page from these diets. I like snacks that have both a protein and a carb element. I just had a snack this evening upon getting home -- 3 strawberries, a piece of low-fat cheese, and a cup of decaf coffee.

I like finding foods that are big on bulk and low on calories. Strawberries, watermelon, veggies are favorites.

glynne
04-03-2003, 01:56 AM
Jeanne ~

Thank you for taking the time to share. It helps to hear what kinds of things someone else has done who has had success on this journey.

Some day, I hope to be where you are.

Again, congratulations!!

Thanks, Gayle