South Beach Diet - Phase 1 - How much did you lose and how long did you stay on it?

Sas47
07-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Being a newbie I was just wondering how much you lost during phase 1 and how long did you stay on it. I know it says 2 weeks but was just wondering.

Sherry

jekel383
07-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Two weeks 12 pounds, but everyone is different. You will lose if you follow the program.

Lexxiss
07-10-2012, 03:59 AM
Hi Sherry and :welcome2:

I did a completely clean two weeks and eased into P2. I knew I wouldn't end up sticking with the P1 restrictions over a longer period of time. I made a 6 month commitment to P2 without any off plan foods and lost 34# during that time period, averaging about 2# per week. I don't remember the specific # of my P1.

jenne1017
07-10-2012, 10:54 AM
I was on Ph 1 for two weeks and lost 8 pounds, this time around.

pinkcandiez
07-11-2012, 01:31 AM
I lost around 6 pounds. Did it for 2-3 weeks (wasn't really as clean the third week though). I'm glad I didn't do it for long because I find it easier to maintain and phase 2 is obviously less strict than 1- much more liveable in the long run :)

WaistingTime
07-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Two weeks and somewhere around 5 pounds. I did not have a significant amount of weight to lose and 5 pounds in two weeks is much faster than it usually comes off for me. My loss is more typically .5 pounds per week.

EmmaD
07-11-2012, 04:10 PM
The first time I tried SBD, I pretty much stayed on Phase 1 the whole time (about 5.5 months!! It was before I found this forum. I wouldn't recommend it; I was doing crazy stuff like chain-chewing sugarfree gum and I missed an entire summer/autumn of delicious fruits ....). NOT GOOD.

It took me that long to lose 13 lbs, back to my "happy weight" of 129 lbs. It's slow-going when you get down to less than 15 lbs to lose :p

Now I do find I have to "tweak" SBD to work for me - focusing on more protein and little to no grains and ALWAYS 4+ cups of veggies per day ... but I wouldn't stay on full Phase 1 for longer than 2 weeks at a time. I find that I start eating way too much cheese and nuts and "treats" when I stay on too long, which can really hamper the weight loss.

RVAscreenwriter
07-16-2012, 08:23 AM
I was at 197 when I started jogging and counting calories and got down to 190. Then I went on a vacation and gained 4lbs back. That's when I started SB. I didn't exercise (lazy bones!) during phase I but stuck to it, except for sneaking in a glass or two of red wine, here and there. I lost 9lbs in those two weeks.
I've been in phase II for the past two weeks and only started exercising a few days ago, so I'm hoping to kick start some more weight loss!
Good luck!

dinomama
07-16-2012, 09:05 AM
I just finished my first week and lost 3#...I know some was water but hey I am happy...I did have a cheat and ate 2 slices pizza sat night....I am trying to do a mile or 5x's a week..I dont like fruit so P1 is getting easier to manage...I am a starch addict and tht was the worst...

grneyedmustang
07-16-2012, 10:29 AM
The first week after a MAJOR restart I am down 6 pounds.

RVAscreenwriter
07-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Congrats, dinomama and grneyedmustang! It's true that some of that weight is only water weight, but it's the beginning of an awesome trend. Doesn't it feel good!?

alouati
07-16-2012, 10:38 AM
I just finished Ph 1 and I did it for the full two weeks, with absolutely NO cheating and I lost 8.4 lbs :)

scorpgrl11
07-17-2012, 02:36 PM
I was on phase 1 for two weeks, lost 7 pounds the first week, nothing the second week. I was so depressed.

BUT on Phase 2, I've continued to lose. I've lost 12 pounds total. Considering I couldn't lose anything before this diet, I'm happy.

Stick with it.

Coldsoup
07-18-2012, 04:45 AM
I have done phase 1 every spring for the last 4 years. Each time I stick to it pretty strictly for 2 weeks, but never lose any weight. I do start to lose a few weeks into phase 2 after I am no longer constantly craving all the sweets and can start focusing on reducing my portions. I'm starting to think I will have to do phase 1 every year just to detox from the winter junk food that starts to sneak into and take over my diet. I guess this isn't such a bad thing as it really does help cut the cravings. Although my weight loss journey has been extremely slow, I have been steadily going down each year just a little bit!

TimeForMe83
07-22-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm on Day 3 and I've already lost 6 pounds. Mind you , I have over 100 lbs to lose :) . One more pound and I'll be under 300. I plan to stay on for the two weeks. I lost 50lbs the last time I did South Beach 8 years ago after the birth of my daughter.

Sas47
07-22-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm happy to post that Friday was my last day on Phase 1 and I lost a total of 10 lbs!! I started Phase 2 yesterday but kind of ate the same thing I was eating on ph 1 because I was too lazy to go to the grocery store. :( I have been having the worse brain fog lately?? Maybe it's my body adjusting to no sugar. Thanks for all the comments and congrats to all of you!

Sherry

brwidman
07-23-2012, 01:11 PM
wonderful encouragement! excited to be starting this plan!