Simply Filling/Core - Core/Simply Filling Weekly Chat - July 9th through July 15, 2012

Vickie
07-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

Here are some new pages for the week.

I'm running.......

ontarget
07-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Vickie, thank you for the new pages.

We just got home from getting clearance from Curtis' cardiologist. Looks like he'll have his surgery Monday. We stopped for lunch at Olive Garden on the way home. Rhonda, I had a glass of Principato Rosato. I'm very relaxed and happy. Ya'll have a good day.

Tejas
07-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the pages, Vickie.

Where is he having the surgery Sandra? Good for you with the wine. I haven't had any pain meds since 5AM, and I'm thinking about wine for dinner. I'll ask the doc when I see him this afternoon.

We're going to treat ourselves and go here:

http://www.hannahsoffthesquare.com/

I've had an easy day, again, and with even less pain. I hope to get the bandage changed for something less bulky.

Back later..

ontarget
07-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Rhonda, he's having it at Baylor Surgical Center. That's a small orthopedic surgery center just off 12th Avenue.

Enjoy your dinner out this evening. Looks like a neat place! I hope you can have your wine.

I slept all afternoon. Last night I hardly slept. I talked to my brother yesterday. He's going to have to have his left foot amputated. He got a 2nd opinion from a Dallas surgeon who told him he had to have it but to postpone it as long as possible. My poor men!

Jackie W
07-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Rhonda- I'm glad you are feeling well. I'm happy the pain is not too bad.

Sandra- Does your brother have a non-healing wound? I work in the microbiology department at my hospital. I know how bad all those little bacteria can be.

I received some bad news today about my friends wedding. Apparently the groom, who I have known for 12+ years, has been having some sort of relationship with his ex. She is not sure how much to believe. But, she did catch him in a lie and he had his ex's cell number programmed in his phone under the name Bradley. So even if there was no actual "cheating" there has been a break in the trust. He said he hasn't talked to her that much. I told my friend she needs to check his cellphone records. If he is telling the truth he should let her see them. I'm crushed for her. :(

I was going this evening to rent the yacht club for the bridal shower. I guess I will wait to see what happens.

ontarget
07-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Jackie, that's sad about your friend. I don't know what to say except that if he's not being faithful, it's better to find out now than after the wedding. Sad.

My brother has diabetes. He's had a spot on his left foot for over 1.5 years that's not healing. My heart breaks for him. He received a kidney a few years back. He's had a hard time. I can't really talk about this much locally because he doesn't want people he knows to know yet. He's a private person.

Tejas
07-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Oh my, Sandra, that's sad news. We won't mention it to anyone. Yes, your poor men. Be strong.

And, Jackie..I'm so sorry also. What a mess.

I did not have wine because after the doc finished with me I was in pain and wanted drugs :lol: I have a new boot that looks like a ski boot with a partially open toe. It makes walking possible without crutches. He said that I am healing well and I see him again in 8 days. I am going to get used to this doing nothing, I fear.

ontarget
07-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Rhonda, I've worn the boot, too. I hope you can "lose" yours after your next visit.

I slept like a baby last night and am up ready to go to WI. It won't be good news, but I am going. That's the main thing.

Ya'll have a good day.

ontarget
07-10-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm home from WW. I changed my tracker to show my .8 lb gain. Not as bad as expected!

Rhonda, don't worry about keeping it quiet about Jim. It's the small town we're from that he doesn't want to know. He likes the people there; he just doesn't want them to know for some reason.

We're going to a local archery center in a few minutes to meet friends and fling arrows inside @ 75*. Should be fun. Ya'll have a terrific Tuesday afternoon.

Tejas
07-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Hi...I did a little cooking today, standing in my boot. It takes some getting used to but it's better than crutches! :lol:

We are joining my niece, her husband and their grandson for Mexican food. Our favorite place has developed some low calorie items. I told her: only 10 chips!

ontarget
07-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Rhonda, Ole!! Have fun!

Tejas
07-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Good morning everyone. I was good at the Mexican food place--only 10 chips :lol: and grilled chicken tortilla soup. The soup was too salty of course. I wish they would lose that salt shaker. Today, I'll be having a turkey vegetable soup that I made in the crock pot yesterday.

Last night was the first night since surgery that I did not prop my foot up. My hip was really hurting so I gave it a rest. I'll keep the foot up today. The bruising is spreading but that's to be expected. Sandra, I'm really sending Curtis all the good vibes I've got. He is going to HURT, at least for a while. Hopefully though the surgery will be successful and the hurt won't last too long---better than what he's got now anyway.

I haven't watched TV since last Friday and I don't miss it. I get quite enough news on the internet and I don't have to listen to anyone's voice ;).

Today I'm going to venture out with a few errands, with DH at the wheel. Not much though.

pam920
07-11-2012, 08:51 AM
morning chickies.

Rhonda, good to hear you are healing. Don't try to do too much today.

Sandra, best of luck to Curtis on his surgery. I think I put on a few pounds overnight. Must be all the salt. Hubby is up too, so that has to be it.

Hope all you chicks are having a great week. It's cooled down some for us. Had rain yesterday and looks overcast today.

ontarget
07-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Rhonda, pace yourself. You're healing wonderfully. That's good. Soup sounds good, too. Kudos on being good at the Mexican restaurant. That's quite an accomplishment, especially when you prob need comfort food to help with the pain.

Pam, you're prob right about the salt. Just "flush" it out.

We're heading out in a bit to go to a local archery shop then to shop for Curtis some "necessities." Should be a cool day for us inside. I feel smaller today than I did this morning. I'm hoping I'm back in the 170's.

Got to go. I'm having a fruit bowl for bfast. Have a Wickedly Wonderful Wednesday!

beach bum
07-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Hi Ladies:)

Was here several time yesterday but I didn't see a thread to post to,sorry I was MIA. Nothing really new,Got my car to the Toyota dealer and he couldn't give me an inspection sticker as my car needed a emissions air fuel sensor. He fixed it and told me to come back next week for the inspection sticker,as I have to drive the car for additional 100 miles as my mileage is lower that the states mileage for my year of car which is a 2002 Avalon. He told that he loved my car and I shouldn't change it for anything. So I'm going to go out more often on the road to build up my mileage.

Now I'm Home again waiting for my handyman to come this morning and get my hedges cut. He's late again. Leo & I were a stickler to being on time,always go to my destination always 15 mins ahead of time.

VICKIE-Thanks for the new pages,

SANDRA-HOPE all goes well with your DH's surgery on Monday putting you & CURTIS on my prayer list. I love the Olive Garden, they have a share 2 for 1,along with lots of choices. A .8 gain is probably water. It will come off as fast as it came.

RHONDA-Hope you had a good time at Hanna's,I always like new places to eat,,tomorrow Rita and I are going to The Flying Bridge restaurant right on the Harbor, it going to be expensive but in the summer time along with the ambulance what do you expect. Happy to hear that your foot is getting better with each day,just take it easy for a while,until it heals properly.

JACKIE-I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and her wedding. It s better to break it off than to go into a marriage and have that hanging over you. I broke my engagement twice thanks be to God, to met my loving Leo years later. Its hard,to break up now,but it easier than getting married and than having a family.

PAM-:wave: Have a great day,glad that your getting nice weather down there.

Have to go, have a great day

ontarget
07-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Maryann, we talked about the 2 for $25 but decided to get something else. We had chicken alfredo. We split the entree but both had breadsticks and salad. And, I had my wine! :lol:

Vickie
07-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

My eating is marginally good and I'm getting closer every day.

Tons of errands this week and I'm hopeful that we will have date night this week!

Have a great day.

ontarget
07-12-2012, 02:49 PM
:woohoo: Vickie! I am so happy for you.

We're getting all ready for next week. Nothing much else happening. I just found a recipe for an easy sorbet. If it's good, I'll share.

Tejas
07-13-2012, 06:13 AM
Good early morning. I've been awake about an hour, still dealing with pain in my foot. That's been augmented by pain in my hip from all of the sitting with my leg up. I'm getting a massage this afternoon and that should help all of this.

We went to a restaurant that we haven't been to before last night. It was Thai and I had the shrimp curry with a bit of jasmine rice, and it was delicious.

Nothing much happening here--back to bed! :yawn:

Tejas
07-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Fours hours, medication, and some sleep later, I feel pretty good and am hoping I've turned a corner.

Sandra, when does Curtis go in to the hospital?

I joined a group here that gathers produce from local farmers only 100 miles around the city and brings it to town. For $100/month I get loads of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables. It's a very tasty bargain.

beach bum
07-13-2012, 04:35 PM
HI Ladies:)

HOT & HUMID, what can I say but to stay indoors and keep cool. For the next 3 days we are going to have H&H. The a/c 's are on,and I not going out any more today.

SANDRA-The next time Rita and I go to Olive Garden,if the offer is still around we get the 2/$25 as we almost like the same entree.

VICKIE-Happy to hear your going down,hopefully you be near your goal.

RHONDA-Take it easy with that foot of your especially with this HOT & HUMID weather in your area.

Have a great evening.

ontarget
07-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Rhonda, I'm glad you've turned the corner on the pain. And your group sounds neat. Enjoy your goodies.

We have to be at the surgery center @ 5:45 AM Monday. His surgery is 7:30. We are ready to get this done.

Maryann, we're having H&H here, too.

We've had a good day except for eating. I have eaten all day. Guess there are days like this.

Tejas
07-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Yes, Sandra, there are days like that. :lol: And, that's OK, as long as the day doesn't become months. I know I've gained weight with all this forced sitting but I won't get on the scales. Later for that.

I spoke too soon about pain. My hip was killing me last night. I took pain meds at 10 PM and 2AM and slept after that. This boot for walking is part of the problem...my glutes, hamstrings, calf are in knots. I'm staying put for as long as I can stand it, and that creates other problems. I have a bulky gauze bandage wrapped around my foot and on top of that is a bulky Ace bandage. Maybe it's just too bulky for the boot. I tried taking off the Ace bandage but the velcro in the boot catches the gauze and the Ace bandage is there for a good reason, I presume. Whine :(

Tonight we are going to an anniversary party for a friend of DH's. I plan to sit, alone, in a corner, and pout. :lol:

It's a beautiful day here, somewhat humid and not hot yet. The birds are chirping, neighbors' dogs are barking, someone just started a lawn mower...ah, life in the suburbs.

Oh, we watched a very sweet, heart-warming coming- of- age movie. It's called "Secondhand Lions." It came out in 2003, and I highly recommend it as family movie. Watch it; it's on Amazon for just a few dollars.

beach bum
07-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Hi Ladies:)

Not too much is going on here.Still very sticky this morning so I'm staying indoors[w) A/C's going] until Rita & go out tonight to Corpus Christie Parish to hear a Irish Tenor sing Irish melodies and some religious songs. the performance starts at 7PM so I don't think we'd be out too late.

Got on the scale this morning and I lost 1 lb down to 165 again. Hopefully I will start going down the second 1/2 of the year.

Have a great day and I'll see you guys tomorrow

ontarget
07-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Rhonda, we saw Secondhand Lions at the theater back when it came out then again about a month ago on TV. We love it! I'm so sorry you're still experiencing pain and frustration. When do you go back to your podiatrist? I remember years ago when I had a bunionectomy, I gave my doctor gray hair cuz I wanted out of the boot before he was ready. I don't like being slowed down either.

Maryann, :woohoo: about being down another pound. You go, girl!

I did the grocery shopping earlier today then made a chicken/broccoli casserole for lunch. The plan is to have easy to eat foods on hand for when we get home from surgery. Curtis will be left-handed only for quite awhile. I have burger thawing now so I can make a meatloaf. I'm thinking of making one in the crockpot. Got the recipe the other day.

Curtis is mowing now. I'll prob do some later. Right now I'm in the middle of cleaning out our waterfall. I guess it takes surgery to get me moving on that one. I've been postponing cleaning it for awhile now.

Ya'll have a satisfying Saturday. I'll catch'ya later.

Jackie W
07-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Hi everyone!

I've been super busy. My friend and her fiance have worked things out. So that is good. I guess talking to his ex was just about his ego.

It has rained everyday for about a week and I have been eating everything in sight for the last two days. I really need to work everyday so that I don't have time to socialize and eat.

Rhonda-take it easy and don't do too much. Easier said, I know.

Sandra- I hope your husband's surgery goes well. I'll be praying.

Maryann- congrats on the one pound.

Everyone have a great Sunday!

ontarget
07-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Thank you, Jackie. I've been indulging the last 2 days, too.

Goanna
07-14-2012, 10:54 PM
I am thinking of giving F and H a go since I am stuck on a plateau at the moment. Anyone got any good suggestions for kicking it off. Should I plan a full days menu before?

ontarget
07-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Welcome, Goanna. I'm not clear on what F and H means. But I do know that planning is key to any program. I've been faltering the last 2 days and lack of planning is part of my problem. By the way--I love your hair!

sloanie
07-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Hey chickies! I am in Oklahoma City visiting with my daughter! I have not seen her for over two months, so I am really enjoying our time together :) I will check in when I get home!

Goanna
07-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Thanks Ontarget. Easy to maintain hair suits me. Done in two minutes. F and H is filling and healthy. Have a day here and there without tracking the pro points. I think I need a bit of a shake up to get the weight moving off again. It is winter here in New Zealand right now so there are more carbs on the menu as I seem to be feeling the cold more.

nancy237
07-15-2012, 02:26 AM
sandra..thinking of you & curtis Monday...I may have to talk to you about
the bunionectomy...I have 2 and they keep me from wearing nice shoes..

Goanna..welcome !!

Rhonda..so sorry you are having all the pain..remember I broke my foot in 2 places last summer...I am feeling for you !!!

Hi everyone else.

I have enjoyed the kids being in & out the last few weeks. My youngest is renting a house with friends & starting his 3rd year of college. He has been home this week and I went with him today to shop for the house some..

There is a Speech position that has opened up at a school very close to me . I am going to call Monday & go for it !! There will probably be competion because its a great school so wish me luck . If I got it I would start Aug 17.

Tejas
07-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Sloan, OKC is my mother's family's stomping grounds. Her parents are buried there and I have cousins there.

Nancy, good luck on the job possibility. I forgot you had broken your foot. I've had enough of this :lol:

Welcome, Goanna. Filling and health...never heard that before now. Good theory ;)

Sandra, how long will Curtis be in the hospital if all goes well?

Jackie, glad to hear that your friend has worked it out. I maintain some contact with my exes and it can be hard for the other partner to understand that. I do it because they are part of my history/life and I do care about what happens to them.

Jackie W
07-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Welcom Goanna- It looks like F and H is the core plan, just a different name. I would plan meals in advance. I like to make meals and freeze left-overs so that I have some quick meals to take to work or when I don't feel like cooking.

Since it is winter you can make large batches of soups and freeze left-overs. My favorites are gumbo and chicken chili.

I also make a spinach smoothie in the morning. 2 cups baby spinach, 1 cup frozen fruit, 1/2 carrots, water and some splenda. I tried it with milk but I didn't like it. You could also put some non-fat yogurt in it.

Also, have a plan just in case you find yourself out running errands and need to pick up some fast food. Wendy's restaurant (not sure if they are in New Zealand) has a large chili for 290 calories. I'm sure the ground beef they use is not lean, but when in a pinch I will pick that up.

Hope this helps.

beach bum
07-15-2012, 12:55 PM
HI Ladies:)

Had a wonderful time at the concert,met several people that went with me on the trip to Medjugorji. Introduced them to my friend Rita. On the way home we took the wrong excite and wound up in a place I didn't know, it was a scary ride as I didn't know where I was going. Once being on the road for at least 1/2 hrs I finally knew where I was and then it clear sailing to my house. Poor Rita had to drive all the way back to her house as she lives on the opposite end of where I am.

Mary & I are going to see the Woody Allen movie To Rome With Love. Its playing on a very busy thorofare.The theater is near the main road getting off the cape for the weekend tourist,so I'm expecting to hit heavy traffic there.

SANDRA-Thanks, Hope I can stay down,and not the climb the scale again.

JACKIE-Thanks,I know it not much but for me its to great to see it go down as I plateau all the time of even gain.

GOANNE-I'm the plateau queen,either with a gain or loss in between. I tried drinking more water thinking it might be sodium,but that didn't help now I fasting two days a week. Not really a true bast but just eating protein shakes in the morning and evening and either chicken or fish pcs during noon,so far it working. It's a low carb thing I do,as I'm insulin resistance. Hope that helps.

SLOAN-Have a wonderful time with your DD,two years is long time,have lots of catching up to do.

NANCY-Its nice when family come up to visit,my sister came around my B/D and hopefully my DD and GK will be up some time in August. Crossing my fingers for you to get the new position.

Have a great afternoon

pam920
07-15-2012, 02:56 PM
hey chicks. Didn't realize I haven't posted much this week. Had my granddaughter for a couple days. My husband is back at his parents. His mom is back in hospital due to breathing problems. She has COPD and they think a touch of pneumonia. She should come home on Monday and his dad has heart cath on Wed. so I told him to just stay until then. So, I've been home alone, and working on my craft room and piddling with crafts. Big Brother started and that's my one weakness during the summer.

Sandra, best of luck to Curtis and I will pray that all goes well.

Rhonda, sorry your foot is still giving you grief. I don't know how you are coping as you are always so active. Has to be extra hard for you.

Maryann, congrats on your loss and I know you were scared to get off the wrong exit and be lost. Done that a few times myself.

Nancy, good luck with the job prospect.

jackie, glad your friend was able to work things out.

sloan, have fun with your daughter.

Goanna, welcome. I hope you stay and join us. Never heard it called that either. I call it core or simply filling. Guess it's the same thing.

Vickie, hey, what's new with you?

ontarget
07-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Goanna, thank you for telling us about F and H. I'm guessing Weight Watchers has different names for their programs around the world.

Rhonda, Curtis will be there about 2 or 3 days.

Nancy, ;) ;) ;) for the new job. I hope you get it.

Pam, I hadn't watched BB for several years but saw it this week and am re-hooked. :lol:

Maryann, glad you had a good time.

We're packed for tomorrow. We'll be leaving about 4:30 in the morning. I won't have computer access while we're there. If I come home some, I'll visit here with ya'll.

Have a good week, everybody.

Jackie W
07-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Yes, good luck Nancy!!!!

ontarget
07-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Sloan, I didn't see your post earlier. Enjoy your time with your daughter.

Tejas
07-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Blessings to you and Curtis, Sandra.