UK Fat Chicks - How did you USED to eat!

View Full Version : How did you USED to eat!

JoseLo
07-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Does anyone dare confess??

I've always had yoghurt, grapes nuts and fruit for breakfast even before my deit, but I used to buy a high cal cereal bar and sweets on the way in (one packet of sweets I ate on the way, a couple I kept for eating at work!)

For lunch usually a sandwich, but a big fatty baguette sandwich with cheese savoury filling (how I miss cheese savoury!).

Usually at work I would eat the sweets i bought on the way, and or/biscuits.

For tea about 3 times a week was takeaway (whole 12 inch pizza, KFC bargain bucket, that sort of thing), or other days cook a meal. Either way, for evening meal I always ate so much til I was really stuffed!

Snacks were just anything unhealthy in large quantities; whole packets of biscuits, or share size bags of sweets, or 6packs of crisps, that sort of thing.

Then just before bed I'd have more grapenuts yoghurt and fruit.

I could not go more than absolute maximum 2 hours without eating... still struggle with that!

Oh my Laaaawd, I didn't even used to think about it either. Even when I struggle now... at least i am not doing this everyday no more!!!
xxxx

stunzorz
07-09-2012, 01:29 PM
No breakfast...usually very little lunch, then I would get home and overeat most evening. Steady stream of snacks at home. Usually something like a sandwich, some chips, or an ice cream bar. Then, if we'd go out to dinner, I'd eat something way too heavy, like baby back ribs with fries, and I'd be painfully stuffed. I never drank soda, or ate much candy, but what I did eat, I ate way too much of.

starfired
07-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Haha, good thread! I used to binge eat so much drunk. Used to be 3 or more full size chocolate bars, whole packets of biscuits and absurd amounts of pain au chocolat pastries. Ouch!

LastTimeLucky
07-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Before I Starting Changes In My Diet I Had 2lts Ov Pepsi Everyday, A Family Sized Chocolate Bar For Myself, About 5 Take Aways A Week. Lots Ov Cake And Biscuits I Love Them. Along With Other Snacks Throughout The Day. Makes Me Sick When I Read This Back I Ate Enough Food A Day To Feed 3 People Probably...Now Its Water, Black Coffee And Shakes And I Dont Even Miss The Food!!

kurisitaru
07-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Hmmm... I honestly had a lot of sandwiches. PB&J, tuna, turkey. That sort of thing. Easy grab and go. I ate a lot of soup, cereal, yoghurt, fruits, I just kept gaining weight.

I think what got me here was a love for pasta (noodles and company... mmmmm) and starbucks. Who doesn't want an over sugary drink once a day?

Daily meals aren't so bad actually, it's the occasional I want a taco bell that gets me. I've slowly gained weight in the past few years with fast food, but looking back, I actually have a lot of healthy days...

ALG918
07-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Im not from the Uk, but I would eat no breakfast, but go and get crisps and soda and sweets, then have lunch (take out or carb filled) when i ate take out i would go and get bugers like 2 big macs and 20 piece chicken nuggets, and eat a double cheese burger on the way home!!! i was horrible to myself!!!

JoseLo
07-09-2012, 05:02 PM
i was horrible to myself!!!
Thanks for your honesty everyone, true honesty!! Hard to confess to, but we are all doing better now... amazing that we used to do that day in day out and not think about it (we do get in habits of denial sometimes don't we!!). Shocks you when you look back! You are so right ALG, I used to think I was 'treating' myself, but really I was abusing my poor body, it didn't make me feel good, physically or mentally.
xxxx

Brid
07-09-2012, 05:29 PM
My diet was dreadful before. Multipacks of crisps that were gone in a day, devouring a whole packet of jaffa cakes in one sitting, a couple of sandwiches for breakfast and a couple more for lunch, far too much beer... No wonder I reached the size I did!

07-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Breakfast: Nothing, or sugary cereal or 2 slices of white toast with butter/jam/nutella/honey. Plus 1 cup of coffee with 1 sugar.

Lunch: Sandwich with 2 slices of usually white bread (tuna/ham/chicken/cheese - I usually had salad in my sandwich too!), 1 packet of crisps, piece of fruit and a chocolate bar/cake/yoghurt a few times a week.

Dinner: Same dinners as I have now but bigger portions and I'd usually have takeaway twice a week maybe (as opposed to no takeaway now apart from the occasional Subway - 6inch subs now, I used to have a foot long!). Plus I used to have the occasional dessert. Now I rarely have dessert at all.

At work I would snack on biscuits or cake whenever they were around and have about 3 coffees each with 1 sugar.

Takeaway would be half a large pizza plus dips and sides washed down with Coke. Or Chinese would be fried rice, sweet and sour chicken balls, bbq ribs, chicken with cashew nuts etc. Meals at KFC or McDonald's would be large etc. Now I don't eat at either of those places.

ALG918
07-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Even when my DH and i went to Windsor this past christmas i ate horrible, i could hardly walk into town, we went to wonder winterland and i had to sit multiple times, children were staring and talking! Asada was horible!!!

Marchmallow
07-09-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm thinking back, and my eating was never terrible, but I wouldn't bother measuring portions. I used to eat white carbs at almost every meal, like cornflakes for breakfast (again, I never measured portions and I'd easily have had double the recommended 30grams). I drank lots of tea with two sugars (I still drink tea every day, but I use natural xylitol instead of sugar) and I would usually have a handful of biscuits with a cup of tea. My favourites were chocolate digestives, and I'd have like six with one cup of tea whilst playing on my xbox (the biscuits were 85-ish calories each, so that's over 500 calories for a start) and I developed a fetish for these German crisps called Erdnuß Flips. They're basically like Wotsits but they're peanut flavour instead of cheese. They're amazing! They come in pretty big bags, and I could easily munch the whole bag. My dinners weren't monstrously unhealthy, but they were unregulated portions and usually based around white rice, white pasta, white tortillas or white potato. I am a recovering carb addict. :D
I did like the occasional bar of chocolate, too. I think the worst period for that, I was eating two Bounty bars a day. I also ate late at night if I woke up and wanted a snack.

The things I've never been into are fast food, burgers or fries, crisps/chips in general, and I hate soft drinks or any fizzy drink. I also hate alcohol and never drink, and I'm a vegetarian so my sins were basically carbs and chocolate! The way I've turned it on its head is to replace all white carbs with wholefoods, cut out empty calorie snacks like the German crisps, cut out sugar and use natural alternatives (I'm dubious of chemical sweeteners... or chemical anything) and I've stopped eating carbs at dinner. I also upped my protein intake like crazy and started drinking more spring water. I don't miss my old diet, but I do allow myself indulgences of chocolate if they fit in with my calorie plan! :)

mirax3
07-09-2012, 06:50 PM
I ate everything and anything that I encountered throughout the day! Absolutely NO self control. I'd usually start out with some kind of carb in the morning, I could eat up to 7 waffles or pancakes (or more) with butter and syrup. Then about an hour later I would have some kind of sandwich or other carby food. For lunch I might have a couple slices of pizza or another sandwich. Then dinner. Oh, dinner. I might go to McDonald's and buy a large chicken nugget meal with Coke and a Double Cheeseburger and a McChicken. I'd also get cookies and sometimes even a chocolate shake.

Then I might wake up around 1 and rummage around the kitchen to find another sweet and/or carby food item.

Oh my goodness, am I glad those days are over! I can't believe that was me eating those things. Feels good to admit it and move on, though.

swissy
07-09-2012, 06:54 PM
So true, portions out of control, simple carbs = normal food!
comfort, comfort, comfort food, I'm still a carboholic but I'm watching it
(mostly how I ate in school, then college it got better until binging got bad halfway through after a year of that I turned my life around and here I am just finished college 29 pounds down, fitter and still mourning my old destructive lifestyle).

B: 4 - 6 slices of toast with butter and or 3 x portion of cereal in one bowl my dad must of had a 10 x portion bowl used for a whole family meal I used to give out to him about it and in comparison to him I always until about 6 months ago thought that I wasnt THAT bad, so warped.
crisps, snack bar
lunch: white bread 2 slices
biscuits - after school
Dinner: potatos6 medium with fake butter/pasta 6+ portions/noodles.
With binges a number of times a week 1000 cals of ice cream, a cake, sweets if I was at the shop.. food turned into a loving replacement family for me but let me down in the end. Gosh I even remember every Friday I would go shopping with my Dad, he would let me buy a family sized bar of chocolate and most times I would have it eaten (1000 cals) by the time we got home (15 minutes) or else I'd keep it to eat in bed listening to the radio instead of going out with friends LIVING IN A SHELL BASICALLY.

Now

B: 1-2 weetabix w/milk
fruit
wholewheat cracker w/phili
Lunch: chicken/quorn/eggs/half a wrap
Fruit with cheese.
Dinner: frozen veg w/pesto chicken/quorn, a normal portion of potato or sweet potato 1-3 times a week not 7 times lol.

MissSMcC
07-09-2012, 07:36 PM
i used to skip breakfast everyday, and not eat lunch until about 2.30pm when i was starving, my fave thing to get was a chicken pie from the bakers, plus a big bag of crisps and some kind of chocolate bar. dont even want to guess how many calories are in that. then i ate takeaway loads, i love indian food but the problem was i couldnt just have one thing, i wanted it all, so it would be a chicken kebab but with naan bread, spicy onions, chips and pakora and maybe even poppadoms, i never managed to finish it all but definatley ate until i was stuffed and uncomfortable.

IsobelRose22
07-10-2012, 03:16 AM
I find it quite hard to pinpoint exactly when my diet went wrong because I was big frome the age of 13/14 until very recently. So it has changed quite dramatically. The only thing I can say for sure is that I'm a terrible snacker. At university I'd quite happily miss meals and snack on sausage rolls, 6 packs of crisps, cheap wine, chocolate, pasties (whatever was on offer) etc at night. It was a combination of emotional and boredom eating as I was going through some painful experiences and food was my only comfort.

mountain walker
07-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Right here goes!
I used to start the day with porridge( nice and healthy) then grab a coffee and shortbread from a drive thru startbucks.
At work there were always sweets and chocs as grateful gifts from patients and somebody was ALWAYS leaving or having a baby so ready munchies always!
I was based in the community so would regularly go to Mc Donalds ( just for a coffee yeah right!) and/or garages. I don't drink but made up for it in the evenings with choc and biscuits...when I add up what it muct have cost!!!
Now I am skint because I am not working my biggest treat is a skinny flat white from costa!

starfired
07-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Right here goes!
I used to start the day with porridge( nice and healthy) then grab a coffee and shortbread from a drive thru startbucks.

Drive thru Starbucks?! Definitely glad I have yet to find one of them!

Dreamer2012
07-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Diet before: (Typical day)
No breakfast.
Lunch: Sandwich with ham and butter, one or two pieces of fruit, bottle of 500ml water. Sometimes I would get a baguette made in my college canteen with bacon and chicken but depends on money. Might get a bar of chocolate, ice pop or crisps during my breaks.
Dinner: Normal home cooked meal, big glass of fizzy drink.
Snacks: Some days I wouldn't snack, but other days I would snack a good bit. From one or two bars of chocolate some days to a packet of crisps. Then I would find myself picking at things in the fridge. Silly stuff like slices of ham, maybe grab a couple of cookies. Could be 2/3 more big glasses of fizzy drink too. Seemed like it was in the evenings I would do it also. And I never exercised.
Extras: Usually might have a takeaway once a week. Sometimes twice a week. If I headed out on the weekends, I'd have food afterwards which did occur. And it was usually from a takeaway also.

EDIT: How could I forget the sausage rolls... I would sometimes get two in the mornings. Other times I would get two on the way home to eat before dinner!

Diet now: (Typical day)
Still no breakfast. I may have to work something in when I return to uni in September.
Lunch: Same sandwich with ham and butter, one or two pieces of fruit, bottle of water. Some days a small glass of juice or a cup of tea also. I have started a workout after my lunch so my water bottle is usually a litre bottle
Dinner: Normal home cooked meal still, bottle of water.
Snacks: I don't tend to snack anymore. But if I was too, I would snack on fruits and try my best to avoid the sweets, chocolate and crisps. I also drink 2 - 2.5 litres of water a day.

So, what I have basically done is change my snacking. They were unhealthy and unnecessary. Now, it is fruit. But in saying that, sometimes I would like a bar of chocolate so I allow myself for it. I also do still like my fast food but I rarely have it. I rarely drink fizzy drinks now. My mum purchased two bottles of 7up last week and have yet to be opened! I was thinking of looking into other types of snacks like protein bars or some other kind of snack I could have during the day.

This topic was a real eye opener to how much I was snacking...

m3k
07-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Oh goodness... this is going to be fun! :p
I've been so set on my new diet, it's hard to remember how much junk I used to eat.

I used to eat...
Morning: Coffee (homemade or Dunkin Donuts) the sugary kind with syrups and espresso. Either no food, or some sort of breakfast sandwich from somewhere.
Midday: Pizza, pasta, lean pockets, fast food. Anything quick.
Evening: Dinner out (usually pasta or maybe a salad)

Before I had my new kitchen (in the middle of building) I used to eat...
Fast. Food. All. Day. (Usually dollar menu)
Then eating out an night (Or dollar menu again)

I don't ever want to see fast food again. Ever. :barf: Yuck.

I'm not too much of a snacker, but I can be an emotional eater. For that reason, I do not keep snacks in the house. If I need something snacky, I eat veggie chips. :carrot:

valalltogether
07-10-2012, 10:44 PM
not a UK chick here either, but the idea of this thread made me go "OH GOSH" in my head, and then laugh.

BEFORE:

breakfast sometimes nothing, sometimes a lot. there used to be a place near where i lived that would deliver breakfast and i did this a lot. ham, egg and cheese on a kaiser roll the size of your head. don't forget hash browns and loads of ketchup. orange juice. if i didn't indulge in my delivery breakfast, i would sometimes stop before work at starbucks and pick up a nice, big cup of hot sugar syrup death. oh, don't forget the sugary confections that they sell also.

lunch usually something from work (i work in food service). and usually not too bad, seeing as i'm on display for all my co-workers. i did and still do order salads, being very conscious of the fatty things that can sneak in like cheese, nuts, dressings, bacon, fried things, etc...

dinner eaten out at a restaurant. a LOT. and huge portions that i would finish everything. we're talking appetizer, entree and dessert. plus a bottle of wine to myself. plus after dinner drinks. PLUS maybe a fourthmeal at taco bell once i was all liquored up. if not out to eat...elaborate homemade meals that spared no expense when it came to flavor. deep. fried. anything. he would deep fry stuff just to deep fry stuff. again, huge portions. full fat milk, cream, cheese. bad carbs everywhere. always a LOT gourmet chocolate in the house. wasn't unusual for a home baking adventure where i eat half the dough and then almost the whole finished product. cheesecakes, brownies, cookies.

snacks i usually didn't pick too much as i was too busy at work.. but, i would still have the odd french fry. or, if we were hosting a party that included passed hors 'dourves or a buffet, we were ALL over it. something about that much free food. NEEDS to be eaten. we would stash away plates of penne vodka, lemon chicken, and brownies. passed goodies we would sneak along the way.. pigs in a blanket, slider hamburgers, mini quesadillas..

AND NOW!!

well now i just make a LOT of stuff at home with carefully selected items and reduced fat cheese. i make my own coffee at home, and its much more delicious. i don't eat out..like ever. its a special occasion or date night if i do. and even then, its usually sashimi. no more drunkey drunk!! i broke up with the raging alcoholic..so that mess and those calories are out of my life.

when i was living my ridiculous drunk indulgent lifestyle i weight 164 lbs. (that is the highest i remember seeing, but it could have been higher)

and now i am at a cool 136 and still going.

great thread!! funny to reminisce.. i don't miss it at all

CoffeeFueledUnicorn
07-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Hoo, boy.

On school days:
Breakfast - Coffee, no food.
Lunch - Homework that I was supposed to do the other day, no food.
After school - Binge binge binge... pretty much anything I could get my hands on. Although pretty much none of it was healthy in the least. Chocolate bars, tortilla chips, ice cream, half a box of granola bars, cookies...
Dinner - Whatever my mom served... not always too healthy, but I always overate.
Throughout the night- Binge.

On weekends, I ate lunch and sometimes breakfast, but it didn't really improve the quality of my diet.
Breakfast - Coffee and cereal, sometimes.
Lunch - Disgustingly unhealthy microwave meals, probably some chips as well.
Snacks - Random mini-binges throughout the day.
Dinner - Same as school day.

I should note that when I say binge, I don't mean an extra few hundred calories. I really went all out, maybe 1,000 calories in one binge.

It makes me kind of sick when I think about it now... but that's probably a good thing.

madlioness
07-11-2012, 12:28 AM
I used to eat everything except carb... when I met Mr.Bread ..... my life changed and I'm overwieght since then....

mountain walker
07-11-2012, 06:44 AM
starfired, they opened the first drive thru starbucks in the country pretty much on my way to work and it opened at 6.30am I was usually their first customer of the day!
I always had a skinny flat white with my cake/shortbread whatever...where's the sense in that!
I do actually prefer Costa coffee and now there is one near where I do my family shop so it's my treat!
This thread is brilliant Joselo it shows us just where all those extra pounds came from!!!

i33BabyGirl33i
07-12-2012, 12:18 AM
i ate like a pig :C

mysleepingdragon
07-14-2012, 02:35 PM
I always ate healthy and balanced meals since childhood. I never had a problem with meals or choices, I guess I was always conscience about that.

It was the snacking that got out of hand and moved into binge territory. Crisps were first, then Jaffa and just about any teacake. Biscuits soon weren't enough and I started on the Battenbergs and bakewells. It didn't take long to have a binge of both, crisps and teacakes. The snacking soon replaced perhaps lunch or dinner, but takeaway never really was my thing. I guess I thought in terms of a little bit of this and that wasn't as bad as a whole meal (how stupid of me).

At my worst, I could eat at one sitting, a large box of Jaffa's, a package of caramel squares, box of Milkyway cakes and a whole bag of crisps (8 or more) and a package of mini Battenbergs. I would drown it out with plenty of tea, and eventually felt sick. It moved from being an occasional plunge to a couple of times a week to more frequently and started the diet - binge cycle.

I am still struggling with it, although I cannot handle the amount I use to, I still can eat about 4 crisps and a whole package of something, usually bakewells at this point. Nothing like before, but nothing in the normal range either. Sigh.

Brid
07-15-2012, 08:32 AM
Mysleepingdragon, that sounds horribly familiar.

I'd buy 8-packs of crisps that sometimes actually had as many as 10 packs in. Boyfriend would have perhaps two, I'd have the rest. We'd share a 24-pack of jaffa cakes, and a couple of bags of haribo. There might be cheesecake or cream buns too. That would be every day, on top of enormous portions of proper meals.

The bizarre bit is that, in the eleven months we've been together, and five months of me cutting out the junk (which has reduced his intake of crisps, but he's still on the jaffa cakes), he's only managed to gain half a stone. How does he do it?! I am infinitely jealous, and also damned glad we nipped that junk food habit in the bud.

roobear
07-27-2012, 08:02 AM
I used to skip breakfast altogether, on the rare occasion I did have it I would have a full fry up in the canteen at uni.

Occasionally I would skip lunch too, if I didn't I might either have chips from the canteen or I would buy a snack from the shop to eat in my lectures, ready buttered malt loaf was a favourite. In town I would almost definitely have McDonald's.

Dinner was also often takeaway, I did cook occasionally but I don't enjoy cooking so I often found myself ordering Pizza. I miss Pizza.

JoseLo
07-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Dinner was also often takeaway, I did cook occasionally but I don't enjoy cooking so I often found myself ordering Pizza. I miss Pizza.

I love love love mi takeaway pizza also, going to miss that :(
xxxx

pigginpodgey
07-27-2012, 08:59 AM
The common theme in the previous eating seems to be the lack of breakfast and I was no exception!
Breakfast: none
Mid-morning - would suddenly be starving and would go to the shop and buy a mayo laden sandwich, perhaps some crisps and maybe some biscuits.
Lunch - Soup and sandwich
Dinner - Generally homecooked and not that unhealthy

On a bad day I would binge on crisps or other junk food. Crisps are my trigger food and I have to try and avoid them if possible now.

Healthy menu:
B: 2 weetabix
Snack: 1 apple
Lunch: 2 slices wholemeal bread, 2 slices ham and lots of salad. A cup a soup.
Snack: 1 apple
Dinner: Steak and salad or a baked potato and filling.

I was never ready for breakfast before, now I have started eating healthy and exercising again, my metabolism seems to have revved up and I am ready for my breakfast these days!!

swissy
08-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Carbs for breakfast lunch and dinner

mindless snacking

late night food, I never felt hunger for YEARS!

cherhorowitz
08-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new here! *waves* This is a great thread.

It's frustrating to think what I used to be like, because I've always liked healthy foods and wholefoods, maybe even more than junk. I just fell into the trap of eating whatever was most delicious and indulgent, who cares about the consequences! I think I enjoyed being "naughty". I put on a lot of weight over the last year during a stressful time at work. Here's how I did it:

I used to drink 5-6 pints of beer whenever I went out (3-4 times a week) and eat whatever rubbish the pub served (chips, pizza, burgers). Then I'd go in to work with a hangover, get a Pret chocolate croissant on my way in, a large cappuccino, and a Ribena for later. Lunch would roll around and I'd go out for something like a burrito and nachos, or a plate of fried chow mein, or a lasagne, or a curry. Once or twice I got some Chicken Selects from McDonalds because I was still hungry after my Chinese. I'd always bring back at least one treat for the afternoon, usually more than one: something like a chocolate bar, a hot chocolate, a coffee, crisps, or a whole bag of salted cashew nuts. Then dinner would come around - the stuff I cook at home was always healthy enough, but if I went out again, the cycle would repeat itself... Lots of my friends are big beery blokes so I was keeping up with them I guess.

Now I feel amazing - I have been having fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, bringing in a healthy lunch (leftover lentil curry or tuna salad or quinoa, that sort of thing) with lots of healthy snacks to pick at. I've been having my usual home cooked dinners (roast chicken, stir fries, veggies, home made curries) and if I go out I've been drinking white wine like a proper lady, and making sure we go somewhere where I can get a healthy dinner. So far it's been pretty easy - I think because I was ready to do it. I'm really happy.

I actually think I must have a pretty decent metabolism underneath all of this not to have got bigger than 210! Here's hoping.

P.S. I hope it doesn't sound like I've got a drink problem. I'm just British!

CarryOnLosing
08-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Breakfast - nothing.

Lunch - spicy meal loaded with butter and cream.

Dinner - order in pizza/burger + fries/Indian/Chinese 4 -5 days a week.

5 cups of coffee with creamer and sugar. At least a bar of chocolate.

And then of course the binge days.... Ugh. Lol.

BusyB
08-04-2012, 12:05 AM
I used to have 2 pork sausage links & 2 whole eggs, fried I butter, for breakfast daily.

Lunch would be whatever I wanted, usually Jimmy Johns or a field tenderloin & fries.

Dinner would be beef something with potato or pasta.

Now, we have egg whites only with turkey sausage; grilled chicken and salad, turkey burgers and broccoli, on the average day. We really like the food we eat, we also love the way we feel now.

This was a great post!

Mer du Japon
08-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Morning: nothing or chips and coke zero

Lunch: sandwhich with mayo and cheese and all kinds of stuff with a bag of chips and coke zero

Dinner: pizza-easily a whole one, often with hot wings, or Thai curry with crab Rangoon, or another sandwhich and chips, or a fast food burger, or tacos and chips and salsa. Or tapas. Always with coke zero.

Snacks..white cheddar popcorn, kettle corn, flaming hot Cheetos, etc. More coke zero.

I never ever brought my lunch to work or cooked at home.

SoulSurvivor
08-17-2012, 02:32 AM
It depends on how I felt. There were stages where I literally binged every day and other times where I only binged say once every 5 days.

My worst binges were generally based on a lot of secret eating. In my room, one way to university, between lectures, on my way home etc. I'd eat packs of donuts, packs of cookies, packs of biscuits, tubs of ice cream etc and feel no shame. Other than thinking "where will I hide the packaging?"
The thing that made it worse was that it got to a point where me
An a group of friends would overeat together! We would go to get a shawarma and then to McDonald's for a big tasty and then dessert etc. We would constantly eat together!
I never really ate proper meals. I just ate when I saw food. I never saw what I ate as an energy source, it was just because it tasted or looked good!

KD1234
08-17-2012, 05:29 AM
I get sick if I eat a deep fried meal anymore. It helps me avoid it so I'll take it lol. Used to be real bad on them!

3CatsMeow
08-17-2012, 05:31 AM
P.S. I hope it doesn't sound like I've got a drink problem. I'm just British!

Haha that made me laugh, I know what you mean though....

knoxie
08-22-2012, 07:04 AM
Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate, with plenty of fizzy drinks to occupy me in the quiet times in between chocolate treats. Chocolate bars, cakes, cereals, biscuits, pastries....so long as it had chocolate I had to have it!

Once I got my first car I discovered the joy of drive thru mcdonald's/BK and that did nothing at all to help me. I ate 'normal' food too (my mom cooked dinners that I had to eat or else!) but mostly it was the chocolate and soda. Even now when I slip up it's for a flake and a cola. Maybe it'll never leave me, who knows.

Raspberry74
09-03-2012, 06:52 AM
One day i had 4 Cadburys Creme eggs for breakfast, 4 for lunch and 4 for tea. I was hardcore! hahaha! :devil:
Maria

Anti222
09-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Loving this thread! I don’t think I’ve ever really admitted how much I used to eat before but here goes…

Breakfast: At Uni I’d head to the cafeteria after morning lectures for a £2.50 6 piece fry up with my friends. When I started work I’d either skip breakfast or have about 4 crumpets with margarine and cheese, or a sandwich/wrap from Tesco on the way to work.

Lunch: At Uni it’d be a freshly baked hot baguette from the sandwich shop stuffed full with mozzarella and pepperoni or cheese and coleslaw…damn they were good! At work it’d be a store bought sandwich or wrap (usually cheese and onion sandwich or southern fried chicken wrap from Tesco), crisps and some kind of chocolate. I’d often head over to Starbucks aswell for a large sugary drink.

Dinner: Lots of fast food. Sometimes shared a pizza with my other half…usually half a large pizza each with potato wedges, garlic bread and some kind of chicken dipper things. Sometimes it’d be McDonalds but I’d have a large meal to myself along with a double cheeseburger and share 6 or 9 McNuggets with my other half. Sometimes it’d be a simple take away from across the road of a burger and cheesy chips and onion rings. When I did cook for myself I’d have pasta with tomato based sauce (but ruin it by drowning it in cheese!), lasagne or stuff from the freezer (processed chicken things, fatty potato products etc.)

After dinner: Whatever I could get my hands on when I got bored. Crisps, chocolate, popcorn, ice cream…I could easily demolish a large bag of cheese Doritos and a pot of dip in an evening!

Now: My how things have changed…thank goodness! Never really realised what I actually ate before I wrote all that down! Now for breakfast I’ll usually just have some fruit to get my metabolism going since eating early makes me feel a bit queasy. For lunch I have salad or a bowl of home-made fat-free soup with a small slice of wholemeal bread or a roll, along with whatever fruit is at work (they give us free fruit all week) and a fat-free yogurt. For dinner I almost always do my own cooking now. I’ve switched all the frozen processed meat products for Quorn and I’ll have plenty of vegetables and something like fresh potatoes, home-made fat-free chips, pasta or rice (in an appropriate portion size). Trying to knock the snacks on the head but if I do snack I try to make it fruit or a handful of almonds.

kelly315
09-03-2012, 08:48 AM
eek- I don't like to think about it.

TripSwitch
09-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Thanks for this thread... it's actually made me think about how I was eating and what was it about it, that might have been causing me to gain so much weight this time around....

Actually I don't think I was eating all that bad... But I do think I was eating too much and too late at night... I also was probably eating out too much and I definitely was NOT getting enough exercise (I mean let's be honest here, who am I kidding... I wasn't getting ANY exercise...!)

The good news though, now that I've made some changes in those departments... the weight is starting to come off....

sofialady
09-19-2012, 08:24 AM
No breakfast, if I'm at uni I'd have a cheddar ploughman sandwich for lunch and a danish with icing on.. a packet of cookies and a big mango/orange juice bottle. For dinner I'd come home and I'd just have whatever was my 'thing' at the time.. at one point it was having an entire packet of cinnamon bagel's covered in hummus.. at another point it was having 6 slices of white buttered toast with beans and extremely sugary tea.. more recently it had been almost half a bag of store bought curly fries with almost 3/4 a can of Heinz baked beans with an an unbelievable amount of cheese. Of course all washed down with about a liter of some type of fruit juice. I'd snack on whatever I saw in the meantime. A year ago I was even worse in that I'd snack all day long and have takeaway in some form, every single day.

You have to know though that I'm very picky with my food, in the way that a nursery child is. I could eat the same food every single day for a month and not be bored.

Tbh it's kind of surprising i'm not bigger than I am. I'm still in the normal range for my BMI and have never really been called fat. I just had a day where I thought I really am not happy with the way I look. Every time I ate I'd get upset with myself to the point where eating wasn't even enjoyable anymore. I'd spend all my time on tumblr envying thinner girls and doing the same in real life, comparing myself with everyone. I got to the point where I stopped buying clothes or going shopping because I hated the way I looked in everything... I just decided, I hate feeling this way so I'm going to change it.

Recently I've been going for 3 Weatabix biscuits with a spoon of honey for breakfast.. a multigrain bagle with 2 turkey deli meat slices and some feta cheese (and sometimes some tomato) for lunch.. for dinner I'd usually go for another bowl of weetabix on a day when I haven't done much but if i've worked out probably another bagle sandwich. I'd have a few cups of fruit juice (no more 500ml or LITER bottles) in the day but mostly water. No more sweets, chocolates, teas, white carbs or eating ******ed portions.

I hope it works for me. 146lbs, 5'8.. I'm wanting to get down to 125.

LilithPaige
09-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Skip Breakfast, Skip lunch, unless I was in Town and then It would be a huge plate of KFC / Mcdonalds/ TGI Fridays then dinner was usually at 9/9.30pm and a huge plate of something comforting, like Toad in the whole with vegetables and piles of gravy. Then I would go to bed with a full tummy :( oh yes and at least a 2ltr bottle of coke every single day

Now, If I skip breakfast then I have a meal replacement milkshake, lunch is a sandwich or some pasta or a jacket potato with homemade chilli/chicken curry and dinner is salad with chicken or Quiche, or something like that healthy that isn't full of carbs! I eat at sensible times usually dinner is between 5 and 6pm and I go out for a long walk in the evenings, About 2.5 miles over an hour with my dog. I go to bed so much more comfortable And eating more actually makes me loose weight! Its great :D

sffx87
09-19-2012, 01:31 PM
I've been reading this thread for a while... Never really properly accounted for what I used to eat and I dread to think of what could have happened if I didn't stop.

Weekdays were bad, but I was being kept busy over the day so there was maaaybe some sort of limit on how much time I could spend stuffing food into myself. Weekends/holidays were simply the worst. I'd get up really late, sometimes have a heavy brunch (like fried rice), get in the car to meet some mates, have a second usually fast food lunch, then get some snacks to 'bring home for mom'. By snacks I'm talking skewers of deep fried stuff like prawns/calamari/chicken, donuts, pastries, crispy duck pancakes, spring rolls, waffles... etc. So it'd be quite normal for me to (having had two meals already by this point) sit in the carpark and scoff down maybe 3-4 skewers of fried stuff, a couple of pastries, a whole tray of duck pancakes, a waffle, tray of sushi and a pack of prawn crackers. Stuffed to the brim I'd then drive back home...... to round the folks up for dinner. 4,000 calories in a day, easy!

I only stopped eating like that in March this year, just over half a year ago... triggered when I had a particularly huge lunch (a whole oven tray of chips, quarter of a pack of frozen breaded scampi and a whole garlic baguette, all banged into the oven and demolished) and just had a moment where I was like, what the **** am I doing to myself?

I wasn't even shocked when I put myself on the scale and found myself at 240lbs!

ggirl1
10-16-2012, 12:49 AM
A typical day for me was and sometimes still is, a large bowl of cold cereal with milk for breakfast, between breakfast half a cup of nuts and some chocolates (whatever is around the office, and that is alway something), some chips, then for lunch a large large bowl of instant mashed potatoes then some sweets, then go home and eat dinner: baked chicken and rice and beans, then some ice cream and chips and juice. Yikes, about 3,000 calories a day, and that's a good day.

ggirl1

nina cloudstar
10-16-2012, 07:37 AM
For me the weight really piled on at uni. This would probably be my typical day:

Breakfast: eggy bread, or a fry up (post night out) or lots of buttery toast with marmite.
Lunch: pasta with loads of cheese and tomato, orrr pesto and peas and cheese, or a jacket potato with lots of butter and cheese, or I would make a huge vat of hummus and eat a whole baguette with it. Sometimes I would make lots of vegetable soup, convincing myself I was being healthy- but I would still have 3 bowls of it with at least half a baguette!
Snacks: I would just have crisps, chocolates, cookies etc most days. I had decided I was working hard at uni and needed lots of energy (which equaled sugar in my mind!)
Dinner: Sometimes a takeaway. If not then macaroni cheese, or a curry, or pasta, or a big pile of mashed potato and something!!

Then we would often go out, where I would drink a fair bit, and get cheesy chips on the way home!!

Ugh, writing this out has made me feel ill!! My poor body!! I am so sorry!