Ideal Protein Diet - discouraged by coach

View Full Version : discouraged by coach

rae99
07-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Has anyone else been told by their coach that if I do not maintain an average of 2.5 lbs per week I could be removed from the program. I am post menapausal and have a high stress job. I have been told that this should not affect whether or not I go up and down on the amount of weight loss. I need some encouragement from somewhere. I am not losing this weight for any special occassion except the most important and that is for a healthier and longer life. Please help. :(

New Englander
07-09-2012, 09:40 AM
:( Sorry to hear the discouraging words from your coach. Usually a person will be removed from the program if they cheat as cheating can cause significant health problems which in turn will look badly on the clinic which could lose their ability to "sell" (work with IP).

When you say maintain do you mean lose 2.5 lbs per week? (I ask this b/c you're still in P1 and not yet maintaining.

Keep your head up and see if there's another clinic close to you (or even another coach at your clinic).

MustangMolly
07-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Hi Rae,
I've not been told that, but I have heard others saying something similar. Does your clinic have more than one coach? Perhaps you could contact IP directly for some help on this. The lack of consistency from coach to coach drives me crazy! I think we've all had weeks where we lose a pound or not at all. This is your journey and you shouldn't be expected to lose the way anyone else does. Good luck to you.

mylastdiet
07-09-2012, 10:37 AM
This is crazy! A person cannot be "removed" from the program. Even if you gain weight every week, as long as you are going into the clinic and purchasing the very expensive food from them, that is the bottom line. I'm sure if this "coach" tells you that you cannot come back, there are a dozen more IP places down the street or nearby that would be more than happy to have you come in weekly and give them your money. It's a business - plain and simple.

I have read posts on here where people say it is in their Contract. What contract? Again, inconsistencies in coaches. My very supportive coach has never asked me to sign a contract about this, nor has he bullied me when my losses have been under 2.5 pounds. He will ask me what I have done differently, if anything, and help me work it out. People need to remember, this isn't an exclusive country club or secret society where you can get black balled by a coach! It's a business - another coach will be happy to have you as a customer/client.

Some people are coaches because they truly, truly enjoy helping and watching people succeed in the program (like our own Lisa!)
Some people are coaches because they have seen the dollar signs involved, and yet are still supportive without being rude and obnoxious.
And THEN there are some coaches who are in it simply for the power trip - They are usually in excellent shape and enjoy the aspect of legally bullying those of us who have weight issues.

Find another "coach" or order your products online until you find one you are happy with.

I know that I personally am finding the weight loss very empowering - the things I used to listen to and "take" from other people, I do not tolerate anymore. If she wants your money, she will be supportive or shut up.

Sorry - but this really ticks me off!

DanafromAustin
07-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Has anyone else been told by their coach that if I do not maintain an average of 2.5 lbs per week I could be removed from the program. I am post menapausal and have a high stress job. I have been told that this should not affect whether or not I go up and down on the amount of weight loss. I need some encouragement from somewhere. I am not losing this weight for any special occassion except the most important and that is for a healthier and longer life. Please help. :(

Time to find another coach who is actually supportive in your weight loss journey. Your coach sounds she/he is all about the numbers and not the reality for you.

Lynnie63
07-09-2012, 12:29 PM
It ticks me off when i hear this or a coach that says if you cheat your out.

They're the ones who are supposed to helping us get over the hurdles here and help us boost our weight loss.

If I had your coach I'd be out - my weight losses are usually around the 2# mark despite being 100% OP.

Like others have said I would find another coach and also perhaps send an email to corporate regarding them.

Hang in there.

Cole3
07-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Wow - that sounds real motivating.

I average about 2 - 3 pounds a week as well and my coach told me that for a woman that was right on track. Sometimes I have bigger losses but usually am around 2. I was told that for a woman the average is between 1 - 3 pounds per week and it is higher for a man.