Pregnant - Nursing - New here with 2 questions

View Full Version : New here with 2 questions

Puffyamiyumifan
07-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Hello ladies, I am a mama to 5. 2 step children 10 & 7 as well as my 28 month old son and my 17 month old twin boys.

1) I have a terrible diastasis recti and wondered if any of you did and if yes how you might be modifying your workouts.

2) I stopped nursing at a year but now 5 months later and I am still leaking milk... This seems like its not good and might be hindering my weight loss, am I just looking for an excuse there?

Thanks! Sonja

sacha
07-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi puffy.

I had horrible diastasis with my 1st large baby (and I'm 7 months again so it's getting worse). I recently got Julie Tupler's Lose Your Mummy Tummy book which is not a diet book as the name suggests, but a diastasis recti rehab book. It was recommended to me by a friend who had it so severe that she needed surgical correction after her first few kids but used Tupler's technique successfully to avoid severe diastasis with her 4th. It explains a lot about the numerous mistakes women make when they get it (ie crunches) and how to correct it.

Sorry, no advice for leaking, I never had it!

Gale02
07-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi Sonja,

I leaked milk for months and months after I stopped nursing. The Dr thinks that the reason my milk came in so fast with this one is because I never completely stopped producing it. I don't have a solution, but you're not alone in the milk production department. Maybe talk to your OB/Gyn and see if they have a solution.

LaurieDawn
07-09-2012, 04:53 PM
I nursed five children, and all the literature I read said that producing milk actually burns a lot of calories, so I can't think of a reason that it might hinder your weight loss?

Puffyamiyumifan
07-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks ladies, I will check that out! Imy diastasis is 5 fingers according to my doctor and she says I will need to have it sewn back together ultimately.