Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Weekend 7/7-8/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Weekend 7/7-8/12

Chloe222
07-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=9f9264e42953da99aaf61d768***1a5b&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.3fatchicks.com%2Fforum%2Fidea l-protein-diet%2F257116-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-4-17-12-a.html&v=1&libid=1334750474271&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trantiendiet.com%2Fsite%2FIMG %2Fpdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.3fatchicks.com%2Fforum%2Fidea l-protein-diet-236%2F&title=IP%20Daily%20Chat%20Tuesday%204%2F17%2F12%20-%203%20Fat%20Chicks%20on%20a%20Diet%20Weight%20Los s%20Community%20Ideal%20Protein%20Diet&txt=The%20Unbalanced%20Diet%20Approach%20to%20a%20 Slimmer%20You%20&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13347504824051)

Ng951
07-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Everyone stay cool and have a nice IP weekend :). Nancy

drakegirl
07-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Good morning everyone! Hope you have a great weekend planned. I have a TMI question - after almost 20 weeks of this, I finally have had the big C catch up with me - I had been going fine - but not this week. I also have changed my packets a bit this week - added more of the puddings - less chocolate shake mix - do you think that could have caused the problem? Anyone have suggestions on how they get things "moving" again? Thanks!

SewingMomma
07-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Good morning everyone! Hope you have a great weekend planned. I have a TMI question - after almost 20 weeks of this, I finally have had the big C catch up with me - I had been going fine - but not this week. I also have changed my packets a bit this week - added more of the puddings - less chocolate shake mix - do you think that could have caused the problem? Anyone have suggestions on how they get things "moving" again? Thanks!
Miralax worked for me. I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. It isn't an instant fix, but it works in a day or so. You can add it to your daily routine to keep things moving.

Chloe222
07-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Good morning all!
The heat wave remains oppressive here in the US - so all, again, be careful, drink plenty of water.

There has been some talk about lack of energy on this program in the last 2 days. In one case from yesterday's thread, someone left the program after 1 month because she was exhausted but didn't fully explain the extent of her problem to her coach. So, please, if you are in this position, TALK TO YOUR COACH and EXPLAIN FULLY what you are feeling. They might have the answer for you.

Somewhat different perhaps, I get a sudden, overwhelming need to shut my eyes, to nap on occasion (happens 3-4 times a week). This has happened BEFORE STARTING IP and happens still. It happens before I eat, after I eat, 3 hours after a good night's sleep...so no discernible pattern.

I started taking liquid B12 drops (a common energy fix) 2 weeks ago, and this still happens. I will keep experimenting and advise if and when I find something that works. Granted, we are all different, so what works for me may not work for anyone else. My husband is a diabetic and has an old glucose meter he's no longer using which I am going to start using when this happens. We also have a blood pressure kit so will also use that when this happens to better understand it.

I drink extra water, watch my salt, etc.

Anyway, wishing all a great day! Stay OP!

KathrynRose
07-07-2012, 09:03 AM
I am very nervous for weigh in today, I will most likely gain. I am thinking it might be due to a lack of water. I was told by my clinic not to drink more than 10glasses of water a day, but I am very thirsty with all of this heat. I want more water! I think this week I will go by my thirst, rather than their rule, since I see many of you drink far more than ten glasses of water a day.

Chloe222
07-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Re constipation, some common things done by IPeeps are:
Miralax, Dulcolax, Magnesium Citrate, psyllium husk, Novalax (from IP, available from your coach)

I've used all of these and all work for a little while and then, in my case, stop working. Right now I'm using PGx (google and I had to buy mine online) and it's working. For how long? We'll see.

northernfawn
07-07-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm so excited this morning: the woosh fairy came and took 3 pounds last night:carrot: that makes me almost half way through the 190's.... I can see the 180's up ahead.... this has been an awesome week:D

I hope you all have a great OP weekend!

NewPath
07-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Good morning all!
The heat wave remains oppressive here in the US - so all, again, be careful, drink plenty of water.

There has been some talk about lack of energy on this program in the last 2 days. In one case from yesterday's thread, someone left the program after 1 month because she was exhausted but didn't fully explain the extent of her problem to her coach. So, please, if you are in this position, TALK TO YOUR COACH and EXPLAIN FULLY what you are feeling. They might have the answer for you.

Somewhat different perhaps, I get a sudden, overwhelming need to shut my eyes, to nap on occasion (happens 3-4 times a week). This has happened BEFORE STARTING IP and happens still. It happens before I eat, after I eat, 3 hours after a good night's sleep...so no discernible pattern.

I started taking liquid B12 drops (a common energy fix) 2 weeks ago, and this still happens. I will keep experimenting and advise if and when I find something that works. Granted, we are all different, so what works for me may not work for anyone else. My husband is a diabetic and has an old glucose meter he's no longer using which I am going to start using when this happens. We also have a blood pressure kit so will also use that when this happens to better understand it.

1. Have you been checked for a chronic sllep apnea?
2. I was shocked when I was diagnosed with chronic sleep apnea.
3. If there is any doubt get the study done.
4. Sleep apnea is a horrible thing and completely affects every organ in your
body.
5. Sleep apnea is very easy to treat!
6. Sleep apnea is linked to obesity, if left untreated.
7. Before diagnosed and treated, I had your symptoms!

The symptoms you are describing sound like Narcolepsy to me. There is medication out there for that, in addition to the sleep apnea treatment.

Good luck. My symptoms and need for treatment disappeared after losing quite a bit of weight.

Missdee18
07-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Good morning! On my 2nd week and doing great. Finding all the great recipes on this site has given me a new outlook. I definitely will try some and try some veggies I have never eaten before.... Thanks

usmcvet
07-07-2012, 09:57 AM
I am very nervous for weigh in today, I will most likely gain. I am thinking it might be due to a lack of water. I was told by my clinic not to drink more than 10glasses of water a day, but I am very thirsty with all of this heat. I want more water! I think this week I will go by my thirst, rather than their rule, since I see many of you drink far more than ten glasses of water a day. If you are thirsty you need to drink water. Drinking water will not make you retain water. Not having enough or very salty foods may get you to retain. We should never get to the point where we are thirsty. We all need to drink before we are thirsty. Where the heck did they pull the ten glassses of water as a max from???? I hope that is not a blanket statment. Water is 0/0/0 drink as much as you want and need. Ten glasses would not be enough for me. I usually have a gallon a day and close to two gallons a day when it's really hot. I drink powerade zero and need to limit that because it makes me retain water.

I'm so excited this morning: the woosh fairy came and took 3 pounds last night:carrot: that makes me almost half way through the 190's.... I can see the 180's up ahead.... this has been an awesome week:D

I hope you all have a great OP weekend!:bravo:

greeniris
07-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Good morning! Finally a break in the heat here in northern MI! YaY! And we got a bit of rain overnight, with more predicted today. The brown lawn will appreciate that. And maybe I'll get some housework done now. The old window A/C unit just couldn't keep up with the heat/humidity.

I too have been struggling with C on/off, though it isn't severe. Are all (or most of) the products listed above available OTC?

Make it a good OP day everyone!

Cindy

KathrynRose
07-07-2012, 10:14 AM
I just got back from my weigh-in and I lost 1.1 pounds which is good. I talked to my coach, and asked her if I could drink more than 80 ounces since I am so thirsty, and she said no, absolutely not. I don't think I will follow her advice.

swerdna59
07-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Is your coach an MD? If you feel thirsty your body is telling you it needs to be hydrated.

sneuse
07-07-2012, 10:55 AM
I just got back from my weigh-in and I lost 1.1 pounds which is good. I talked to my coach, and asked her if I could drink more than 80 ounces since I am so thirsty, and she said no, absolutely not. I don't think I will follow her advice.

You should really ask her to explain why.... I don't like drinking a lot of water, but I drink at least a gallon if not more everyday. It's helped my weight loss tremendously.

I've NEVER heard of anyone saying you can drink too much water with one exception - a guy here just died because he drank too much water BUT it was because he wasn't replenishing his electrolytes. He was on a multiple day canoeing race thing, and was just downing water without any salt or anything else to help his body retain some of it.

With that one exception, there seems to be no reason why she'd say you have to stay under a certain amount of glasses a day. Without an explanation, she doesn't sound very knowledgeable....

caasie
07-07-2012, 11:13 AM
trying to post a new thread but this is not working :(

CarCamMom
07-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Good Morning, All! Our heatwave is finally over....We have an outdoor wedding to go to today and am just so happy that I wouldn't be sitting there sweating the whole time! I'm sure the bride and groom are pleased too (I guess today is not all about me!!!!)

Anyway, my coach attended an IP workshop this week and this is some of the new info she passed on to me, so of course, I will pass it along to you:

1. Water - an easy way to determine how much water you need is to divide your weight in half. That number is how many ounces you should drink every day. For example, if I weigh 200 pounds then I should drink 100 ounces of water everyday.

2. 3 eggs count toward the protein count for the day. This used to be 2 eggs for the day.

3. Do not skip your restricted packs! Even if you are thinking this will help your weight loss, it won't. Your body needs these carbs to "remember" how to use them.

These are just a couple of things that I have seen people posting about and thought I would share. Take it or leave it, but either way, have a great day and stay OP!

Jess:)

Delgen
07-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Smooth Move tea has Seneca, a natural stimulant. Worked wonders for me. But just don't overdo it. I learned from experience. One cup does the trick.

You can get it at Target. And it tastes great. My coach recommended it.

IPdivajen
07-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Morning all! Crazy rain here today! We needed it though, that's for sure! Looking forward to the prospect of maybe even opening the windows for some fresh air later!

Right now off to take the puppy to the groomer. I love it because he comes back clean and fluffy and extra cute AND nice and tired since he gets to play for hours. Everyone wins!!

Speakin of the puppy, I entered him into a photo contest. I really hope this doesn't break any forum rules (and will happily take down the link if it does) but if you have a moment and are so inclined, feel free to vote for Finn! :)

http://www.petvalu.com/castingcall?url=http%253A%252F%252Fcastingcall.pet valu.com%252Ffinnian%252F

swimcoachmomma
07-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Morning all! Crazy rain here today! We needed it though, that's for sure! Looking forward to the prospect of maybe even opening the windows for some fresh air later!

Right now off to take the puppy to the groomer. I love it because he comes back clean and fluffy and extra cute AND nice and tired since he gets to play for hours. Everyone wins!!

Speakin of the puppy, I entered him into a photo contest. I really hope this doesn't break any forum rules (and will happily take down the link if it does) but if you have a moment and are so inclined, feel free to vote for Finn! :)

http://www.petvalu.com/castingcall?url=http%253A%252F%252Fcastingcall.pet valu.com%252Ffinnian%252F

What a cute puppy. We are also in new puppy land. We have a ten week old Boerboel who weighs 30 pounds and is fabulous. AND she likes to sleep in her kennel, not the bed like her beagle and Boerboel "sibs". This is a bonus for the two leggeds, of course. Lol. Like you, we rejoice when she wears herself out!!!

Anyway, have a great weekend . PS, the pix are great!!!

cscape
07-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Smooth Move tea has Seneca, a natural stimulant. Worked wonders for me. But just don't overdo it. I learned from experience. One cup does the trick.

You can get it at Target. And it tastes great. My coach recommended it.

Seems like this is a common problem on the IP plan (no fruits and little fiber).:)
I tried the Smooth Move last week, and had no results. Box cost me 4.99. Last nite tried the IP laxative pills..went in am no problem.:)

Unwaver1ng
07-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Good morning! I am sitting in the Dallas Fort Wirth airport with a few hours before a connecting flight. My gate is right across from the Ben and Jerry's :) At first I thought about moving to a more secluded, less tempting area, but then I realized that I don't care tool much. Water and black iced coffee are just fine, and I am still full from my breakfast. I am not even concerned.

That being said, I was soo hungry last night. I was invites out for pizza but couldn't even read the text without feeling tempted so I declined. I didn't eat anything extra, but my snack ended being my second restricted for the day. I wish there was a ready-made, unrestricted snack available.

Chiming in about the water, I have to say that my coach didn't even set 80oz as the MINIMUM. I need at least 84 and usually opt for more. Could this coach really be talking out of her a$$?

~Jenni

KathrynRose
07-07-2012, 12:07 PM
She said that if I drank more than 80 oz. I could die from drinking too much water. I KNOW that isn't true, the people who die from drinking too much drink WAY, WAY more than even a gallon at a time (128 oz.) usually in some really stupid move.

softkitty
07-07-2012, 12:15 PM
I lost 4# today at WI and picked up a kettlebell at Target. Bob Harper 7# kettlebell . . . .he's such a cutie. Going to give it a try later today.

Half your body weight in oz for your daily water intake. YIKES! It's just not possible for me to drink that much water. I do 80 oz daily and there isn't enough time in the day for me to do 127 oz.

sneuse
07-07-2012, 12:20 PM
She said that if I drank more than 80 oz. I could die from drinking too much water. I KNOW that isn't true, the people who die from drinking too much drink WAY, WAY more than even a gallon at a time (128 oz.) usually in some really stupid move.

If you make sure to get enough salt you'll be fine. That way your body will retain some of the water instead of just flushing everything out of your system. She sounds like someone who believes everything she reads online.

If you feel comfortable, you should tell her that 80 oz won't kill anyone. Like I said, I drink up to 170ish sometimes and have never gotten sick and obviously haven't died. My coach told me to drink as much as I like, just to make sure I have salt with my lunch and dinner.

DanafromAustin
07-07-2012, 12:24 PM
I like to stay with the natural stuff and the Smooth Move tea gets my vote. Works every time.

I am very nervous for weigh in today, I will most likely gain. I am thinking it might be due to a lack of water. I was told by my clinic not to drink more than 10glasses of water a day, but I am very thirsty with all of this heat. I want more water! I think this week I will go by my thirst, rather than their rule, since I see many of you drink far more than ten glasses of water a day.
That is one of the craziest things I have heard from a coach. If you are thirsty then drink, your body is telling you it's thirsty. I've only lost better while drinking more water. Drink up and enjoy!

Please do not listen to her, because she is SO wrong. You need to drink at least half of your body weight in water. If your body is saying it's thirsty then you are already starting to dehydrate. If you were eating A LOT of fruits and vegetables that had water in them then you wouldn't feel the need, but this is not the case with IP. In addition your body is now burning ketones which can make you even thirstier. Drink as much water as you crave.

Finn is absolutely adorable, he gets my vote for sure.

Looks like another hot day here in Austin, but then again it's Texas and it's summer. Dropping my son off at the airport for camp and then doing something fun with my husband as we are very kid free for the next three weeks. My husband has a ton of airline miles because he flies extensively for his job. I used some of those miles for my son to fly to CA (the camp is in Yosemite), and I had to get him first class seats because that was all that was available for today. What kid flies first class to go to a summer camp in the mountains for three fun filled weeks. Must be nice...:cool:

Have a great Saturday everyone, and if it's hot where you are then stay cool and drink lots of water.

wuv2bloved
07-07-2012, 12:26 PM
I drink anywhere from 4-5 liters of water a day, 80oz doens't seem like enough water for sure. With the way the heat is right now you need way more than 80oz a day to stay hydrated.

I lost 4# today at WI and picked up a kettlebell at Target. Bob Harper 7# kettlebell . . . .he's such a cutie. Going to give it a try later today.

Half your body weight in oz for your daily water intake. YIKES! It's just not possible for me to drink that much water. I do 80 oz daily and there isn't enough time in the day for me to do 127 oz.

Congrats on your loss, I always like watching the Extreme weight loss show on Sunday's with Chris Powell....although Bob is a cutie :)

DanafromAustin
07-07-2012, 12:29 PM
If you make sure to get enough salt you'll be fine. That way your body will retain some of the water instead of just flushing everything out of your system. She sounds like someone who believes everything she reads online.

If you feel comfortable, you should tell her that 80 oz won't kill anyone. Like I said, I drink up to 170ish sometimes and have never gotten sick and obviously haven't died. My coach told me to drink as much as I like, just to make sure I have salt with my lunch and dinner.
Sneuse, I was just looking at your stats and you are almost at goal. Very cool. What clinic do you go to in town? I go to Dr. Jukes office in West Lake. Also wanted to add that I just had the best dinner last night at Hyde Park (the one near Central Market on Westgate). It was ground sirlon with steamed brocolli, and extremely tasty.

cscape
07-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Hi all! I've been away from the computer much of the week.. hence these message boards. I've missed the support and insight this site provides.
Finished my 3 rd week and down 16.2 lbs. I'm not sure what happened last night, but found I was cruising for food around midnight (I had eaten my supper at 9:30 pm). There wasn't much in the cupboards, so I ate an IP bar...not only was it an extra IP packet..but my 2nd restricted one for the day!

When I caught myself cruising..I realized I still go to food when I am sad (I was at my mom's condo..she is 90 and recently placed in a nursing home..she may not be able to return home). When will I ever learn a new way to cope with these feelings? I am such an emotional eater. At 57..it would be soooo wonderful to bury this behavior once and for all.

Also wondering, with our busy lives it is hard to make the time to get on the PC when at home. How do you decide which message board to follow? There are so many and I find topics overlap on many of the boards. I don't want to miss anything yet not able to read them all.

Speaking of which..has anyone heard or read how Lisa (luv2bluvd) is doing in her new role as Coach for IP???

cscape
07-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Lisa..I see you are online..how are you and how is your job going? I you having any trouble juggling everything. You are such an inspiration for us newbies

fam4me
07-07-2012, 12:45 PM

I hope you all have a great OP weekend!

How wonderful! Keep it up!

Cole3
07-07-2012, 12:46 PM
I haven't been on much lately ... but wanted to share a huge NSV. Yesterday I went shopping ... something I have avoided since putting on all the weight and I tried on clothes - and even some bathing suits - and THEY FIT !!!! I was able to walk into a store ... grab clothes off the rack and THEY FIT !!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't even explain how exciting that was!!! I am SO motivated to keep going now!!

fam4me
07-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Good Morning, All! Our heatwave is finally over....We have an outdoor wedding to go to today and am just so happy that I wouldn't be sitting there sweating the whole time! I'm sure the bride and groom are pleased too (I guess today is not all about me!!!!)

Anyway, my coach attended an IP workshop this week and this is some of the new info she passed on to me, so of course, I will pass it along to you:

1. Water - an easy way to determine how much water you need is to divide your weight in half. That number is how many ounces you should drink every day. For example, if I weigh 200 pounds then I should drink 100 ounces of water everyday.

2. 3 eggs count toward the protein count for the day. This used to be 2 eggs for the day.

3. Do not skip your restricted packs! Even if you are thinking this will help your weight loss, it won't. Your body needs these carbs to "remember" how to use them.

These are just a couple of things that I have seen people posting about and thought I would share. Take it or leave it, but either way, have a great day and stay OP!

Does your coach limit the restricted items to 3 a week? That is what the one is Eau Claire does. Where do you go? So glad for the change in weather. We are heading to the Spooner Rodeo tonight and am looking forward to not "melting" in the stands.

sneuse
07-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Sneuse, I was just looking at your stats and you are almost at goal. Very cool. What clinic do you go to in town? I go to Dr. Jukes office in West Lake. Also wanted to add that I just had the best dinner last night at Hyde Park (the one near Central Market on Westgate). It was ground sirlon with steamed brocolli, and extremely tasty.

Thank you! I actually started to phase off early (I finish up phase 3 tomorrow) because I'm going to New Orleans for a week on Wednesday. I think I'll probably start back up when I get back to finish up the last few pounds!

I go to Adult Care of Austin off William Cannon and Manchaca - it's my doctors office and I've been very happy with the coaching.

I live right by that Hyde Park so I'll def have to try it! Especially because I usually see my movies at Westgate so the location is perfect. I had a (bunless) burger with green beans at BJ's Brewhouse the other night and it was also fantastic!

I've been meaning to comment lately and tell you how AWESOME you look. You've obviously made wonderful progress and it shows not only in your new figure but in your body language as well.

I hope your son has a nice time at camp and that you and your husband enjoy some couple time together :)

wuv2bloved
07-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Lisa..I see you are online..how are you and how is your job going? I you having any trouble juggling everything. You are such an inspiration for us newbies

Thanks for asking about me, I am doing great. Its going to take some time getting used of packing a lunch but its getting better. This is my morning routine now....

Get up at 700am, jump in the shower, once I am out put my coffee to brew. blowdry and straigten my hair, put makeup on and get dressed. Drink my first cup of coffee, take my supplements, gather my shaker with ice, zip lock of veggies and out the door I go at at 800am. Get to work at 845 have my breakfast (strawberry wafer) and open the doors for 9. I have already drank 1 liter of water by 9. Of course by 10 I am in the restroom....lol....eat my lunch around 1ish, my ice is almost melted by then so I just put my shake mix in my shaker and shake shake shake, drink it then eat my veggies:) I am on the way home by 3pm.

I am loving my job and its keeping me even more disciplined because I know my clients will do better if can teach them to stay true to the program.

Delgen
07-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Seems like this is a common problem on the IP plan (no fruits and little fiber).:)
I tried the Smooth Move last week, and had no results. Box cost me 4.99. Last nite tried the IP laxative pills..went in am no problem.:)
Shows how everyone is different!:o
I overdid it, and suffered with the runs for 2 days!:o

justme685
07-07-2012, 12:57 PM
I haven't been here in a while due to adjusting to my new job and home, I've been maintaining my weight these past two months and started IP again this week and already I am down 5lbs. Those 5 lbs have gotten me into ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!! I haven't been here in over two years and I am absolutely thrilled! To think that I have lost 26lbs is crazy - I wish I took more pictures of myself at the start of this so I could really visualize the difference.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

NOVAScents
07-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Good morning all!

Get your Iron checked!

NOVAScents
07-07-2012, 01:01 PM

WHAT? No more than 10? I drink something like.... 6 LITERS a day, if not more!

Delgen
07-07-2012, 01:02 PM
:smug:I haven't been on much lately ... but wanted to share a huge NSV. Yesterday I went shopping ... something I have avoided since putting on all the weight and I tried on clothes - and even some bathing suits - and THEY FIT !!!! I was able to walk into a store ... grab clothes off the rack and THEY FIT !!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't even explain how exciting that was!!! I am SO motivated to keep going now!!
Great! Good for you!
I have been shopping my my closet. I put a bunch of things in a spare closet and asked my daughter if she wanted anything. She got a job where she needs to dress up, and the clothes there were size 6, 8, 10...way to small for me. Luckily she didn't take much...now I am getting close to being able to fit into them again. I didn't think I would ever be able to. Now I think actually will!:dizzy::smug:

NOVAScents
07-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Afternoon all!

Man, I went out last night with some girlfriends for dinner and asked for NO OIL OR BUTTER on anything and I'm sure there was both on my food because I am DYING today. URGHHH!! And I'm hosting dinner tonight for my husbands Aunt and Uncle that are coming in from out of town. I'm praying I can stay out of the bathroom long enough to cook, let alone eat with them! I FINALLY took my morning vitamins. Not looking forward to eating lunch anymore soon ;(

MimiLee
07-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Kind of hungry for a taco salad. Any good recipes??

vovo
07-07-2012, 01:11 PM
I make my breakfast IP meal at work.

Today, I had to be in at work at 5am. Still being groggy, I wasn't thinking and mixed my butterscotch pudding into hot coffee. It congealed into weird lumps. I tried to eat it and failed - it has a weird slimy, yet chewy texture.

I didn't think to bring a backup IP option.

I don't want to skip breakfast since it's really important -should i just eat some hard boiled egg whites as a replacement protein option? Would this suffice?

Thanks!!

wuv2bloved
07-07-2012, 01:13 PM

Today, I had to be in at work at 5am. Still being groggy, I wasn't thinking and mixed my butterscotch pudding into hot coffee. It congealed into weird lumps. I tried to eat it and failed - it has a weird slimy, yet chewy texture.

I don't want to skip breakfast since it's really important -should i just eat some hard boiled egg whites as a replacement protein option? Would this suffice?

Thanks!!

That would work but you will still need to get that protein from that packet sometime in the day.

NOVAScents
07-07-2012, 01:15 PM

MMM!

I use ground turkey and spice it with cumin, chili power, garlic, salt, and pepper. In another pan I shred zucchini and add the same seasonings. Some lettuce, red onions, a bit of tomato, 1/2 C shredded zucchini and your measured taco meat and you're golden! Plus lots of hot sauce ;)

Thorfinn
07-07-2012, 01:22 PM
33" shorts and size M t-shirts acquired. :)

MimiLee
07-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks NOVA, sounds good!!

I have the opposite problem with bowel movements. I have only been OP for a week and I have diarrhea. Im sure its just my body adjusting but its getting a bit old. Blah!!

mooselover
07-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Happy weekend everyone. I made it home from Wyoming a few hours ago. My plane was delayed 2 hours on the runway due to thunderstorms, so I got home very late or early however you look at it. My Mom and sister flew in last night too. They are spending the week here in Alaska with me. I started phase 2 yesterday to get ready for my surgery on the 18th. I wanted to be in phase 3 by my surgery day. I am sooooo close to my goal, so I will just finish the last few pounds after I heal up from my surgery. I might be mia again this week because I will be spending a lot of time with my family. I will be thinking of all of you and sending good thoughts your way!!!

Diana B
07-07-2012, 01:33 PM

I still have trouble getting lots of water in, I think I would float away if I drank as much as some people on here do :dizzy:, if you are in one of the areas with the awful heat I would go by thirst, I'm in Washington which is just now starting to feel summer like :cool:, :carrot:, stay hydrated and OP :D

vovo
07-07-2012, 01:34 PM
That would work but you will still need to get that protein from that packet sometime in the day.

Good to know - thanks!

locopollo
07-07-2012, 02:03 PM

Awesome!!!

I don't understand why the scale is not moving. I am struggling not to get down about it. I did so good the first two weeks, then last week I only lost two pounds and this week it looks like I might not lose anything!

I am not going to give up. I am just feeling a little discouraged. I haven't had one tiny morsel of anything that's not allowed. I drink tons of water. This past week I even cut out all the WF and splenda. All of you are losing, surely if I continue to stay 100 OP, the scale will start to move again....

15 pounds in three weeks! You're doing GREAT! Back away from the scale. Sometimes it takes your body a while to catch up with scale loss, and if you are taking measurements, you will probably notice a difference there or in the way your clothing fits during the weeks were you lose less. If you are at risk of saying the diet "doesn't work" and quitting, then do not weigh every day!!!

I slept really late today. It was delicious. And the heatwave quit and we had thunderstorms late last night. Ahhh. I'd better start working on my packets. :lol:

locopollo
07-07-2012, 02:06 PM
My couch also said you need half as much as your bodyweight in ounces for water. So 69 oz. for me. That really isn't much. I drink way more than that. ;)

NewPath
07-07-2012, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4397006]Thanks for asking about me, I am doing great. Its going to take some time getting used of packing a lunch but its getting better. This is my morning routine now....

Get up at 700am, jump in the shower, once I am out put my coffee to brew. blowdry and straigten my hair, put makeup on and get dressed. Drink my first cup of coffee, take my supplements, gather my shaker with ice, zip lock of veggies and out the door I go at at 800am. Get to work at 845 have my breakfast (strawberry wafer) and open the doors for 9. I have already drank 1 liter of water by 9. Of course by 10 I am in the restroom....lol....eat my lunch around 1ish, my ice is almost melted by then so I just put my shake mix in my shaker and shake shake shake, drink it then eat my veggies:) I am on the way home by 3pm.

I am loving my job and its keeping me even more disciplined because I know my clients will do better if can teach them to stay true to the program. [/QUOTE

I have to tell you, your discussion of preparing for your day, made me laugh! I had a real hard time getting used to preparing everything for lunch....at first. When I go back to school in the fall, I will def be packing an omelet loaded with my veges...which I will make the night before. I will throw that omelet over a nice juicy saiad....yummy!!! I have "tested" the omelet salad already.....OMG....so very filling and yummy!!! (My coach told me about this "working woman's lunch".

wuv2bloved
07-07-2012, 02:12 PM
My couch also said you need half as much as your bodyweight in ounces for water. So 69 oz. for me. That really isn't much. I drink way more than that. ;)

Gotta pick on you....Your COUCH said you needed half of your body weight huh?....gotta love typo's :p

locopollo
07-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Gotta pick on you....Your COUCH said you needed half of your body weight huh?....gotta love typo's :p

:lol: My couch loves me, and I am tempted by it. I am still half asleep!

NewPath
07-07-2012, 02:14 PM

Thanks!!

A good friend,(who lost 80 lbs on IP), told me that she mixes butterscotch packet with coffee, ice and cinnamon. I have not tried it yet, but she says it is one of her favorites!

wuv2bloved
07-07-2012, 02:14 PM
:lol: My couch loves me, and I am tempted by it. I am still half asleep!

LMAO...its all good, just thought it would make ya laugh :)

wuv2bloved
07-07-2012, 02:15 PM
A good friend,(who lost 80 lbs on IP), told me that she mixes butterscotch packet with coffee, ice and cinnamon. I have not tried it yet, but she says it is one of her favorites!
You have to use COLD coffee, our packets don't do well with hot water....lol...makes it all clumpy:dizzy:

NewPath
07-07-2012, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=MimiLee;4397053]Thanks NOVA, sounds good!!

I have the opposite problem with bowel movements. I have only been OP for a week and I have diarrhea. Im sure its just my body adjusting but its getting a bit old. Blah!![/QUOTE

MimiLee,
I have that every once in a while. It goes away! I always invision it as my bodies way of getting rid of all that fat......! You are doing great!!!

Ticiabean
07-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Went out last night and ate off the IP plan. Back on the plan today and hoping for some weightloss. Been the same 179 for almost two weeks. But on the plus side, I do feel smaller and fit into smaller clothes. Last night I wore an actual size 14! Not a 16 or a 14w, but a real 14! Looking forward to getting to onederland!

Missdee18
07-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Working in the yard today. Will definitely get a lot of water down today. Taking a break right now and drinking water and cooling off. I think I am hearing thunder here in Laplace, LA. Sure could use some rain but I hope not till I finish my yard work.

IPdivajen
07-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Another perspective on the big c, novilax, etc.

Novilax is designed for use during the cleanse. It's purpose is to push waste out. Period. It's not designed for long term/every day use.

Products like floralax (also available through IP or other sources) help with the big c because they recruit water to your colon to help soften/loosen the waste that is there, then your body naturally does the rest. It's made with all natural ingredients (psyllium, etc) and is perfect for daily use.

I used to take the novilax from time to time when I wasn't feeling things moving. Then I talked to my coach who explained how each product works and started the floralax last week.

Let me tell you - it changed my life. Not kidding. Everything is so much better. I don't feel as bloated or any need to strain (hate that!!!) just to go. And the scale is totally moving again. What a difference!

I'm sticking with floralax daily fo sho!!

And thanks for the kind words about my fur baby. We tried for seven years (and about $50,000) to have children of our own but unfortunately nothing ever worked, so he's our child now! Hence why we had professional pics taken of him when he was a pup. :)

Ticiabean
07-07-2012, 02:28 PM

I love your signature!!! You lookAMAZING! Congrats!

Halfagain
07-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Drinking water (flavored or otherwise) is a struggle for me. Not that i drink other beverages either (okay 3 or 4 cups of black coffee a day, but i hear that may be a negative fluid count item). I'd probably drink 20 ounces if I don't push myself. I looked up the WF mayo and was set to order some, when I decided to check the store locator. I see there's a store not 5 miles from here that is supposed to carry it. I'll go see if they have it for real, and look for some water flavor packets by the cup sort of thing. I'm thinking tuna with some mayo in a green salad would be a great option. Straight out of the can tuna on salad made me a little sad the other night.

It's a beautiful Seattle day today. It will be nice to get outside.

swimcoachmomma
07-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Happy weekend everyone. I made it home from Wyoming a few hours ago. My plane was delayed 2 hours on the runway due to thunderstorms, so I got home very late or early however you look at it. My Mom and sister flew in last night too. They are spending the week here in Alaska with me. I started phase 2 yesterday to get ready for my surgery on the 18th. I wanted to be in phase 3 by my surgery day. I am sooooo close to my goal, so I will just finish the last few pounds after I heal up from my surgery. I might be mia again this week because I will be spending a lot of time with my family. I will be thinking of all of you and sending good thoughts your way!!!

Good luck with your surgery. I phased off for mine some months ago and I think that helped me heal very well and get back to normal. Of course, having about 60 less pounds probably helped too. Congrats on being so dang close to goal. Sorry your flight was delayed, but we needed the moisture:). Supposed to dry out again and those fires will flare right back up. But the reprieve has been nice.

Ticiabean
07-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Working in the yard today. Will definitely get a lot of water down today. Taking a break right now and drinking water and cooling off. I think I am hearing thunder here in Laplace, LA. Sure could use some rain but I hope not till I finish my yard work.

I'm in Baton Rouge! But no rain here yet.

wuv2bloved
07-07-2012, 02:32 PM
I love your signature!!! You lookAMAZING! Congrats!

Thank you, its cloudy here in Biloxi, MS so I am thinking rain will come later

paulimapi
07-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Hi! Hope you're all good :)
I've been dealing with low blood pressure lately, this happen to anyone else? :/ I've been dizzy, too, because of it.
I'm thinking I might not be having enough salt so I'll be more careful with that.
Also, I wish I would lose more weight in my arms/back instead of my legs/butt. Seriously, my jeans just get looser and looser and it seems all my weight left to lose is on the top side of my body ugh haha

locopollo
07-07-2012, 02:43 PM
mooselover, I LOVE your shoulders!!! Beautiful!

patns
07-07-2012, 02:56 PM

That's nuts at your weight and in the extreme heat. Actually she is giving you dangerous advice. Please don't follow her advice. Drink as much as you want and I'll bet you have a great loss this week and feel a lot better.

Pat

SkimmerRabbit
07-07-2012, 03:02 PM
There are lots of comments encouraging you to drink plenty of water and they are right. Here is a link to determine EXACTLY how much water you need based on important factors to consider. I think you will find this calculator to be accurate.

http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

If your counselor is spouting off information like that, I would consider seeing a more educated counselor for my visits. It is really important you are given accurate information and direction - that's what a medically supervised program like IP is supposed to offer. Did you know that if you drink coffee or tea you are supposed to drink an equal amount of EXTRA water that day?

I am glad there is a site like this where we can all compare notes! I've learned valuable tips here so I wanted to share this one with you and hope it helps.

patns
07-07-2012, 03:07 PM

Great info thanks!

I really think I am doing much better at maintaining after phasing off IP than I did on the gazillion low carb diets I tried is because IP gives you a controlled amount of carbs each day. I always regained instantly and then gained more after coming off low carb diets as my body totally craved carbs. It was scary how quickly the weight came back and brought more with it.

My coach followed the protocol sheets exactly, a restricted a day right from day one and no mention of going for the lower carb veggies on the non restricted veggie list. I think it is even more than your body "remembering" how to use carbs, it is about learning how to use them correctly in very moderate amounts. Most of us were total carb addicts and need to learn over a period of time how help our bodies handle them.

The advice on the water is very timely too with the discussion on today's thread and the hot weather most people are experiencing.

Pat

patns
07-07-2012, 03:40 PM
MMM!

I use ground turkey and spice it with cumin, chili power, garlic, salt, and pepper. In another pan I shred zucchini and add the same seasonings. Some lettuce, red onions, a bit of tomato, 1/2 C shredded zucchini and your measured taco meat and you're golden! Plus lots of hot sauce ;)

I do this too and put it over lettuce or shredded cabbage. It's one of my favorite meals.

LizRR
07-07-2012, 04:50 PM

CONGRATULATIONS! Isn't it great to jump those decades...you will be half way in NO TIME!

Good morning! On my 2nd week and doing great. Finding all the great recipes on this site has given me a new outlook. I definitely will try some and try some veggies I have never eaten before....

Definitely block out some time to go through the recipes, and we've had a few threads recently regarding veggies (I reposted some info in my barebones diet blog). Seriously, I don't know why I didn't eat like this before - they turn out crazy delicious!

Goodness - the longer I'm here - the more crazy coaching I see.

Chiming in about the water, I have to say that my coach didn't even set 80oz as the MINIMUM. I need at least 84 and usually opt for more. Could this coach really be talking out of her a$$?

OMG, there have been some doozys around here - one coach said that fresh spinach didn't count as 'real spinach' for your Select Veggies - only spinach in a can....I mean seriously???

When I caught myself cruising..I realized I still go to food when I am sad (I was at my mom's condo..she is 90 and recently placed in a nursing home..she may not be able to return home). When will I ever learn a new way to cope with these feelings? I am such an emotional eater. At 57..it would be soooo wonderful to bury this behavior once and for all.

You know, a big hug and congratulations on recognizing your trigger - that is such an important part of this journey, learning about yourself and how your relationship is with food. I am sorry to hear about your mom, but continue to stay strong for the both of you.

I have been shopping my my closet. I put a bunch of things in a spare closet and asked my daughter if she wanted anything. She got a job where she needs to dress up, and the clothes there were size 6, 8, 10...way to small for me. Luckily she didn't take much...now I am getting close to being able to fit into them again. I didn't think I would ever be able to. Now I think actually will!:dizzy::smug:

Haha - that will teach you to give away your small sizes...seriously, I am down at a fantasy weight and size now. IP is incredible!

I use ground turkey with fajita seasoning along with a sauteed bell pepper variety, poblanos, jalapeno, and garlic. Also - if you are looking for a lotta tostada (credit to rainbowsmiles): http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4381736-post1.html

Also, I wish I would lose more weight in my arms/back instead of my legs/butt. Seriously, my jeans just get looser and looser and it seems all my weight left to lose is on the top side of my body ugh haha

LOL! We are on the same wavelength - I was just telling my husband I am tired of my saggy butt!

locopollo
07-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Got groceries. I found humanely treated chicken at the Kroger store here. Hmmm. It was expensive, but I bought it anyway. And some lean burgers. Yummy. And a whole bunch of vegetables. I'm going to try making jicama fries. And zucchini fries. Oh, but now I want to defrost some frozen ground turkey and try the scramble recipe with the shredded zucchini. I am all kinds of excited about vegetables. :carrot:

LizRR
07-07-2012, 05:00 PM
It's been a loooong day so far folks - went to get the car serviced at the dealership and brought along my son (hubby plays basketball every Sat morning). Figured I was golden with his favorite videos on the iPad, bubbles, milk, cheerios - the works. He had zero interest in any of these items and all interest in running around, throwing tantrums, climbing under showroom cars, knocking down kiosks, and throwing tantrums...and it took THREE HOURS to fix the dang car. I was too busy to drink much water, so I am chugging and salt-licking now trying to remedy this headache while he sleeps it off.

It's like he knows he's turning 2 next week and is getting a jumpstart! I love that little guy, but WHEW - I am GLAD he is NAPPING! Meeting up for dinner with my cousin who just moved to Plano in a bit - should be less stressful with my backup (hubs) around.

I think I'll wear one of my new fitting dresses that I fit into for about a minute in my early 30's! I did a closet cleanout earlier this week and am seriously down to the last of it - I am going to ask my mom when she's here next week for an 'honest opinion' on some items. Not sure if they are just too big, or I'm too cheap. I don't want to buy a new wardrobe until I am settled and maintained at goal (although then I plan to get preggers, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it). I've got a pile of goodstuff for the consignment shop for trade.

And I was thinking of actually adding some information to my terribly sparse blog. I do most of my typing here - there are so many great recipes and ideas that I LOVE I am going to try to work harder on compiling into my personal notebook.

Anyways - enjoy your afternoon folks - it's nice and peaceful at my house (for now). Going to get some chores done while I can!

Stefany1769
07-07-2012, 05:38 PM
I just wanted to add something about the coach telling you to only drink 80oz of water in a day. I don't have any of my sheets with me so you should probably look this up. When we are in ketosis weneed to drink extra water in order to keep our liver from getting damage done to it. Something about it needing the extra water in order to process the fat?

It is also important to listen to your body, if it says I'm thirsty, there is a reason. :)

Stefany1769
07-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Hello IPeeps, it's a nice calm day out on the water today and my Dramamine seems to be working, YEAY!

We have only caught one halibut and about thirty shrimp, so this tripos being chalked up to a scenic visit :p we are headed back towards Valdez harbor now and will make a stop on the way in for more halibut fishing... Wish us luck!! :D

I didn't get my WI this weekend since I am in Valdez but I did weigh myself on Tuesday morning before we left and I was at 144.6 so I am really hoping this sea sickness has not derailed me completely! I have been eating more protien than normal and a edamame mix that has some dried cranberries in it. So I guess more of a modified P2 week. I can't wait to see what I weigh when I get home... Lol then again maybe I should wait! :p

Wishing you all a lovely OP day!! :)

Porthardygurl
07-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Good Afternoon from Hardy..

Well, i survived yesterdays trip down island to the bigger city..I watched my DH and my DD snack on chips and cheesies and coke during the entire car ride...That was fun :s I stayed completely OP and had my water..Though DH didnt want me to drink so much water because he didnt want me having to pee every 15 to 20 minutes...so i only got down 600 mls in 3 hours which sucked cause i felt really thirsty... I survived...We went shopping for DD's birthday coming up and then proceeded to eat at White Spot..I had a fake ceasar salad aka: lettuce, chargrilled chicken and ceasar dressing..It was a cesar vinegrette...and it was the only option between having nothing and ranch and thousand island and blue cheese..so i thought it would work..that is until i got home and went online and looked up nutritional values....I died!!! My ceasar salad which contained nothing more than lettuce, 2 tbsp of dressing and charbroiled chicken breast contained 537 calories!!! How is that freaking possible!! Well.. of course i didnt have the crutons or the cheese on top and i said no to the bread they served it with...so mabye its a higher count when you add all the extras... i dont know..All i know is..im never ordering a ceasar salad again..even without all the extras...Toooo high in calories for my tastebuds.

Needless to say..i arrived home alive and with the exception of the ceasar vinigrette i managed to survive my first trip down island OP, and in spite of wtching my DD and DH eating ice cream and cake on the boardwalk where we chose to go for are walk(some anniversary of the pier?? giving away free cake and ice cream) GO FIGURE!

Anywho...gonna go take a nap and drink some more water after..thank God im home.

PS: Anyone else feel bloated? I drink 4 litres a day on average and my stomach looks sooooo bloated and no its not TOM or extra salt....is it the heat or what????

GGee
07-07-2012, 08:02 PM
DH and kids are making chocolate chip cookies. They smell so goood! Such support!!! :mad:Thank goodness I saved my restricted till now. I will enjoy a bar while they eat the cookies.

Question. Are you suppose to poo every day while on the IP diet? Even if this isn't your normal routine?

Thanks!

Lynnie63
07-07-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm very excited, I went to Savers today and bought 3 pairs of jeans, 2 belts and a pocketbook for $40! I wear jeans to work, and get bleach n them (pool store) so I don't like to pay a lot for them. plus with the weight loss...

The really exciting thing is....they're size 18!!!! (was 24). They're a touch tight. But notthat bad. I think they might look good enough to be not work jeans.

Just needed to share.

Unwaver1ng
07-07-2012, 08:06 PM
I am pretty sure I made "muffins" using cucumber instead of zucchini. Blech. I can't get the taste out of my mouth. Plus it is a pre-packed meal for my trip so now I will be short one! Thus far, this trip has not been going well. So weird how badly I want to give up all of a sudden and eat Mexican food!

Meagan240
07-07-2012, 08:10 PM
I am going out to the movies tonight with some friends... I'm terrified that the popcorn will get me and that I'll cheat. Any suggestions? I've been 100% OP so far, and I'd hate to break it!

athebeach
07-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Take a restricted like peanut apple cinnamon chocolate or lemon puffs. Then you will not feel like you did not have a treat. If you do not need to eat it because it is an extra that might be a good thing, but they would be better than popcorn.

Chloe222
07-07-2012, 09:14 PM
1. Have you been checked for a chronic sllep apnea?
2. I was shocked when I was diagnosed with chronic sleep apnea.
3. If there is any doubt get the study done.
4. Sleep apnea is a horrible thing and completely affects every organ in your
body.
5. Sleep apnea is very easy to treat!
6. Sleep apnea is linked to obesity, if left untreated.
7. Before diagnosed and treated, I had your symptoms!

The symptoms you are describing sound like Narcolepsy to me. There is medication out there for that, in addition to the sleep apnea treatment.

Good luck. My symptoms and need for treatment disappeared after losing quite a bit of weight.
Thank you so much!

Good morning! Finally a break in the heat here in northern MI! YaY! And we got a bit of rain overnight, with more predicted today. The brown lawn will appreciate that. And maybe I'll get some housework done now. The old window A/C unit just couldn't keep up with the heat/humidity.

I too have been struggling with C on/off, though it isn't severe. Are all (or most of) the products listed above available OTC?

Make it a good OP day everyone!

Cindy
Yes, all OTC.

Drinking water (flavored or otherwise) is a struggle for me. Not that i drink other beverages either (okay 3 or 4 cups of black coffee a day, but i hear that may be a negative fluid count item). I'd probably drink 20 ounces if I don't push myself. I looked up the WF mayo and was set to order some, when I decided to check the store locator. I see there's a store not 5 miles from here that is supposed to carry it. I'll go see if they have it for real, and look for some water flavor packets by the cup sort of thing. I'm thinking tuna with some mayo in a green salad would be a great option. Straight out of the can tuna on salad made me a little sad the other night.

It's a beautiful Seattle day today. It will be nice to get outside.
In my experience, its easier to drink a quantity of water through a straw.

haddy4
07-07-2012, 09:52 PM
103 outside....YIKES...so hot...went cloth shopping today ..had to remind myself not to go to the plus side :)

locopollo
07-07-2012, 10:49 PM
I survived dinner out with my parents including my mother telling me I don't need to lose 20 pounds (even though she is 20 pounds lighter than me). :rolleyes: Of course I don't need to, I want to. And I will be healthier for it.

DanafromAustin
07-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Thank you! I actually started to phase off early (I finish up phase 3 tomorrow) because I'm going to New Orleans for a week on Wednesday. I think I'll probably start back up when I get back to finish up the last few pounds!

I go to Adult Care of Austin off William Cannon and Manchaca - it's my doctors office and I've been very happy with the coaching.

I live right by that Hyde Park so I'll def have to try it! Especially because I usually see my movies at Westgate so the location is perfect. I had a (bunless) burger with green beans at BJ's Brewhouse the other night and it was also fantastic!

I've been meaning to comment lately and tell you how AWESOME you look. You've obviously made wonderful progress and it shows not only in your new figure but in your body language as well.

Thank you very much!

Someone on here (sorry I forget who) mentioned that the Genghis Grill is a good choice for an IP dinner too. I know there is one at West Gate not too far down from Central Market. It's now on my list too. :)

Have a great time in New Orleans. We are stopping in Galveston for a couple of beach days in early August and then driving to New Orleans for about 4 days ourselves.

Those 5 lbs have gotten me into ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!! I haven't been here in over two years and I am absolutely thrilled! To think that I have lost 26lbs is crazy - I wish I took more pictures of myself at the start of this so I could really visualize the difference.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Congrats on crossing over to onederland! :carrot:

:bravo:

I started phase 2 yesterday to get ready for my surgery on the 18th. I wanted to be in phase 3 by my surgery day. I am sooooo close to my goal, so I will just finish the last few pounds after I heal up from my surgery. I might be mia again this week because I will be spending a lot of time with my family. I will be thinking of all of you and sending good thoughts your way!!!
Good luck with your surgery, and I'm sure you will do great. Just remember you will feel bloated after, and it does last for a time, so get up and walk a lot. It really does help. Happy healing! :hug:

Hi! Hope you're all good :)
I've been dealing with low blood pressure lately, this happen to anyone else? :/ I've been dizzy, too, because of it.
I'm thinking I might not be having enough salt so I'll be more careful with that.
I so wish we could spot reduce, oh well. :(

At 9:00 pm it's still 90 degrees outside, but at least the sun has gone down, so I think I will talk my husband into taking the dogs out for a nice long walk since I didn't make it to the gym today. Have a good evening everyone!

Meagan240
07-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Oh my gosh! That was sooo hard. Definitely won't be going to the movies for awhile. I'm proud, though. I didn't cheat! :)

Lynnie63
07-07-2012, 11:49 PM
First big family party tomorrow, but it's our house. I still don't have confirmation that there will be veggies I can eat (DH is coordinating, but people are bringing). So, it's at my house, so I can just go to the fridge and grab a pepper or something.

Next weekend's party (one almost every weekend) is at my sister in-aw's and I'll just have to bring a veggie, they usually have burgers, so to won't be an issue. I dont want to bring a shake and stick out too much.

Fireworks are rescheduled to tomorrow night because of all of the rain were not having, oh well.

Have a good night.

Lynn

naysha6
07-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Hi All,
Its been a while since I posted but I have been lurking when I get the chance. Weight loss has tremendously slowed down for me (been having "C" issues). My coach recommended Miralax which I picked up yesterday so hope that helps.I also notice that walking on the treadmill helps with the "C". I've been in a rut lately wanting to go out for once and eat like normal folks. I get sick of having to think what would be IP approved on the menu. I know that since I havent been on the boards that much I have missed my daily dose of motivation. To me when I first started I was so focused and now its like I cant wait until I complete P1 and get to try something different. Friday I went to the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans and they had a bunch of crap for food choices. I ended up with the buffalo chicken nuggets which was disgusting. It wasnt even worth eating. Needless to say I didn't peel the skin off cause that would have been an art in itself.

However, I do have a NSV to share: I was tired of going to the expensive "Lane Bryant" store and trying to create an outfit. Well I marched to JCPenny and found 2 pair of denim capris, size 16, go me. Plus the amount I paid for 2 pair was less than what I would have paid at Lane Bryant for 1 pair. They get on my nerves thinking all big women have to go there so they jack up their prices. Oh and today the capris are getting roomy so hopefully I will need a sz 14 soon. Other than that I am hanging in there.

My other issue: I will have to switch to alternatives in August because I will have exhausted my IP budget. I am a little frustrated because I feel I should have lost more weight using the real "IP" products so I am in fear what will happen when I make the switch. I dont know if anyone has had to switch on here but I was thinking I need to get a jump start on researching which products are comparable nutrition wise before that time comes.

Good luck to everyone and I will try to make an effort to at least read some of the posts daily.

BRfirefly
07-08-2012, 12:31 AM
On my second day of the IP protocol I had a horrendous headache and was so close to giving up. Luckily I found this site and with the encouragement from everyone, especially the Newbie thread, I made it through the 'difficult' stage. I'm only on day 3 but I feel great and am really excited about the program.

This forum is so encouraging!:)

:wave:Thanks everyone!:wave:

Sassyc1979
07-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Someone on here (sorry I forget who) mentioned that the Genghis Grill is a good choice for an IP dinner too. I know there is one at West Gate not too far down from Central Market. It's now on my list too. :)

It was me!!! Went there again this evening!! So easy to eat at! Hubby loves it!!

Sassy

Sassyc1979
07-08-2012, 12:47 AM
On my second day of the IP protocol I had a horrendous headache and was so close to giving up. Luckily I found this site and with the encouragement from everyone, especially the Newbie thread, I made it through the 'difficult' stage. I'm only on day 3 but I feel great and am really excited about the program.

This forum is so encouraging!:)

:wave:Thanks everyone!:wave:

I am on day 10 and the best advice I can give you is to read this site everytime you get down. SOOOO motivating!!! The first few days were definetly the hardest. I had headaches, dizziness, and some nausea. So amazing what coming off sugar does to you. After that you should really start to feel a differance. Like when I wake up...I am UP!!!! It used to take me forever to get out of bed, now I am wide awake. Someone said thats something that happens on IP.
Good luck!! You can do it!!!

Diana B
07-08-2012, 12:54 AM
103 outside....YIKES...so hot...went cloth shopping today ..had to remind myself not to go to the plus side :)

Where in Washington is it 103? Must be Eastern Washington, I'm on the West side and it is just beautiful today, but not 103!

GGee
07-08-2012, 12:57 AM
It was me!!! Went there again this evening!! So easy to eat at! Hubby loves it!!

Sassy

Hi Sassy,

Do you order your food from Ghengis Grill without any of the sauces? The one time I briefly looked at their nutritional content, I almost fainted because all their sauces had a lot of carbs and sugar.

Sassyc1979
07-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Hi Sassy,

Do you get the food without any of the sauces? The one time I briefly looked at their nutritional content, I almost fainted because all their sauces had a lot of carbs and sugar.

Yup! No sauce! I had them cook it in gluten free soy saucde this evening but it was too salty for me. Next time I wont do that! Had a really nice cook today, since I didnt want any starch he gave me an extra bowl to get mor veggies!!! YUM!

GGee
07-08-2012, 01:02 AM
Hello IPeeps, it's a nice calm day out on the water today and my Dramamine seems to be working, YEAY!

We have only caught one halibut and about thirty shrimp, so this tripos being chalked up to a scenic visit :p we are headed back towards Valdez harbor now and will make a stop on the way in for more halibut fishing... Wish us luck!! :D

I didn't get my WI this weekend since I am in Valdez but I did weigh myself on Tuesday morning before we left and I was at 144.6 so I am really hoping this sea sickness has not derailed me completely! I have been eating more protien than normal and a edamame mix that has some dried cranberries in it. So I guess more of a modified P2 week. I can't wait to see what I weigh when I get home... Lol then again maybe I should wait! :p

Wishing you all a lovely OP day!! :)

You sound like you did a great job! Only one pound away. AWESOME!!

Diana B
07-08-2012, 01:07 AM
Hi All,
Its been a while since I posted but I have been lurking when I get the chance. Weight loss has tremendously slowed down for me (been having "C" issues). My coach recommended Miralax which I picked up yesterday so hope that helps.I also notice that walking on the treadmill helps with the "C". I've been in a rut lately wanting to go out for once and eat like normal folks. I get sick of having to think what would be IP approved on the menu. I know that since I havent been on the boards that much I have missed my daily dose of motivation. To me when I first started I was so focused and now its like I cant wait until I complete P1 and get to try something different. Friday I went to the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans and they had a bunch of crap for food choices. I ended up with the buffalo chicken nuggets which was disgusting. It wasnt even worth eating. Needless to say I didn't peel the skin off cause that would have been an art in itself.

However, I do have a NSV to share: I was tired of going to the expensive "Lane Bryant" store and trying to create an outfit. Well I marched to JCPenny and found 2 pair of denim capris, size 16, go me. Plus the amount I paid for 2 pair was less than what I would have paid at Lane Bryant for 1 pair. They get on my nerves thinking all big women have to go there so they jack up their prices. Oh and today the capris are getting roomy so hopefully I will need a sz 14 soon. Other than that I am hanging in there.

My other issue: I will have to switch to alternatives in August because I will have exhausted my IP budget. I am a little frustrated because I feel I should have lost more weight using the real "IP" products so I am in fear what will happen when I make the switch. I dont know if anyone has had to switch on here but I was thinking I need to get a jump start on researching which products are comparable nutrition wise before that time comes.

Good luck to everyone and I will try to make an effort to at least read some of the posts daily.

Hey Naysha - I know the feeling, at one point I was wanting to eat like "normal" folks, but realized that I DO eat like normal folks, ones who want to be healthier, and remember, those foods will be there when you're done with Phase 1,2 and 3, and get to have those cheat days, lol:devil: and awesome on the NSVs :D. My daughter does the alternatives because I can't afford IP for the both of us, she has PCOS so the weight loss is a bit slower, but it has been steady, I know the folks on here that use alternatives report no difference in their weight loss using alternatives vs. IP products. She has been using the Proti Diet products from Nashua Nutrition. I don't post all the time because I'm pretty boring :dizzy:, but I am here everyday getting my dose of inspiration from everybody. Keep up the good job, and don't get discouraged, you will be where you want to be in no time. :hug:
I have been dropping sizes so quickly that I've been going to Value Village for my clothes, you can get some great deals and the clothes are pretty nice, at least where I go, something to consider..

DanafromAustin
07-08-2012, 01:09 AM
Oh my gosh! That was sooo hard. Definitely won't be going to the movies for awhile. I'm proud, though. I didn't cheat! :)

Sassy

Thanks Sassy. I think we will try it tomorrow night.

BRfirefly
07-08-2012, 01:21 AM

I just started IP this week and when I saw my starter kit had a packet of butterscotch I was ready to take it back to exchange for something else. I'm so happy I saw your post. I tried your friend's butterscotch 'latte' :coffee2: recipe tonight - it was delish! Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

wuv2bloved
07-08-2012, 01:25 AM
I just started IP this week and when I saw my starter kit had a packet of butterscotch I was ready to take it back to exchange for something else. I'm so happy I saw your post. I tried your friend's butterscotch 'latte' :coffee2: recipe tonight - it was delish! Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

Another La girl!....Welcome to the IP family!

Ticiabean
07-08-2012, 01:28 AM
Hi All,

Hey naysha.....we were both at Essence Friday! Wasn't Charlie Wilson wonderful!:carrot: It was a great time. I cheated a little too, but today I'm back OP and hoping to see some weightloss soon.

Ticiabean
07-08-2012, 01:36 AM
I had a weird experience at dinner. It has been YEARS since I've had to force myself to eat. But I definitely had to force it down tonight. There wasn't anything wrong with the food, but I was not interested at all. Anyone had that happen?

GGee
07-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Yup! No sauce! I had them cook it in gluten free soy saucde this evening but it was too salty for me. Next time I wont do that! Had a really nice cook today, since I didnt want any starch he gave me an extra bowl to get mor veggies!!! YUM!

Awesome!! Thanks!

GGee
07-08-2012, 02:10 AM
Hi All,

Congratulations on going down in size!!

naysha6
07-08-2012, 02:41 AM
DianaB: thx for the reply, really appreciate it. I must keep telling myself that I can have those things at a later date in moderation but not now. Thx again & good luck to u & your daughter.

Ticiabean: Charlie Wilson sent us all home with a bang. I wanted to go back tonight but had to talk myself out of it. Well time for us to be strong & get back in the saddle. I did have a lot of energy & danced a lot which I wouldn't have had that much energy b4 IP. Good luck to u!

GGee: Thx girl I'm going to hang in there cauz I do see the progress. U know how we have our moments being hormonal & all.

Stefany1769
07-08-2012, 05:22 AM
You sound like you did a great job! Only one pound away. AWESOME!!

Thank you, :D it has been trying that's for sure. I just had to have something more substantial in my tummy for a while!

usmcvet
07-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Good morning. Going out to breakfast with the kids then to the pool. Need to mow the lawn and fit in a trip to seem Spider Man later today. Having surgery on my left wrist tomorrow. Did the right wrist in March! Carpal Tunnel.

LizRR
07-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Good morning. Going out to breakfast with the kids then to the pool. Need to mow the lawn and fit in a trip to seem Spider Man later today. Having surgery on my left wrist tomorrow. Did the right wrist in March! Carpal Tunnel.

My dad just had that surgery in both his hands last year (one at a time too...since you need a wiping hand, as he told me). He is pain free...at least in his hands! Have a great Sunday and quick recovery!

usmcvet
07-08-2012, 11:01 AM
My dad just had that surgery in both his hands last year (one at a time too...since you need a wiping hand, as he told me). He is pain free...at least in his hands! Have a great Sunday and quick recovery!

I've needed it for ten years but just got sick of it this year. I was also scared off when my doctor said to do both at once. Wen he left I spoke to his PA and said how will I wipe my a*s! He said to only do one at a time. :dizzy:

SOOOO I am a left handed wiper, I have torn my right rotator cuff twice and I just don't have the reach! I bought a Comfort :D Reach to help me out!

GeauxTigers82
07-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Has anyone seen that darn whoosh fairy??? I haven't seen her in dayssssssss.....

wuv2bloved
07-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Has anyone seen that darn whoosh fairy??? I haven't seen her in dayssssssss.....

I am sure she is floating around somewhere maybe she will find you before your WI. Your pattern seems to be really good 5lbs then 2lbs a week those are some pretty awesome WI's for sure. Don't be disappointed if your weightloss decreases, you will have those weeks so you just need to remember keep your eye on the prize :)

NewPath
07-08-2012, 12:14 PM
I've needed it for ten years but just got sick of it this year. I was also scared off when my doctor said to do both at once. Wen he left I spoke to his PA and said how will I wipe my a*s! He said to only do one at a time. :dizzy:

SOOOO I am a left handed wiper, I have torn my right rotator cuff twice and I just don't have the reach! I bought a Comfort :D Reach to help me out!

USMCVET

I think I just peed myself reading your post!!!!! You crack me right up!!!!!!

From now on I will use JPMP..that is the abbreviation!!!!

joysh
07-08-2012, 12:25 PM
I am going out to the movies tonight with some friends... I'm terrified that the popcorn will get me and that I'll cheat. Any suggestions? I've been 100% OP so far, and I'd hate to break it!

I went to the movies yesterday for the first time on IP. I actually went to 2 movies. The first one was right after lunch. Thankfully, the movie was really good and I was full so I ignored the popcorn smell and drank my water. The second movie was at 5 PM and I brought my SW cheese puffs and a bottle of cold water. They are so spicy and good that I was fine. Enjoyed the popcorn smell vicariously.

I had a weird experience at dinner. It has been YEARS since I've had to force myself to eat. But I definitely had to force it down tonight. There wasn't anything wrong with the food, but I was not interested at all. Anyone had that happen?

I can understand that. I'm usually hungry for dinner, but it's hard to finish it all sometimes. I get full much easier, but I know we're supposed to eat ALL the meat and veggies, so I find myself forcing myself to eat it. Very, very strange feeling for me.

sneuse
07-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Thank you very much!

Have a great time in New Orleans. We are stopping in Galveston for a couple of beach days in early August and then driving to New Orleans for about 4 days ourselves.

Sassy

I just absolutely LOVE Genghis. I started eating there a year or so ago when I'd visit my BF in Dallas. I haven't been since I started the diet because the sauces scared me off, but I'm thinking I may have that for lunch today :) If not I'll def have it one night for dinner before I leave town. Thanks for reminding me!

Dana - thank you and enjoy your trip as well!! This will be my first time in N.O. as an adult (I was 14 last time) so I'm excited to experience it on a different level. Have fun in Galveston also! I hear it's relaxing.

mwethern
07-08-2012, 12:35 PM
I just can't tell you all how motivating it is to read your progress! This is the first diet of pretty much every diet out there that I haven't cheated at all! Today is day 6 for me and I'm so excited for weigh in tomorrow. According to my scale at home I've been losing a pound a day! This is so incredible!!

NewPath
07-08-2012, 12:43 PM
I just can't tell you all how motivating it is to read your progress! This is the first diet of pretty much every diet out there that I haven't cheated at all! Today is day 6 for me and I'm so excited for weigh in tomorrow. According to my scale at home I've been losing a pound a day! This is so incredible!!

You go girl!!!! IP is fast and furious. INCREDULOUS!!!!! Enjoy every bit of the journey. If you get stuck, or need advice, come right here. There are sooooo many IPeeps who will help you out! Most everything I have learned, I have learned here. WELCOME!!!!!!!:welcome:

Ticiabean
07-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Have a blessed day everyone! On my way to church!

justme685
07-08-2012, 12:57 PM
So I don't know if my scale is lying to me or not but I weighed myself yesterday and it was 199lbs and this morning it said 190lbs! How is that possible????

Chloe222
07-08-2012, 12:58 PM
First big family party tomorrow, but it's our house. I still don't have confirmation that there will be veggies I can eat (DH is coordinating, but people are bringing). So, it's at my house, so I can just go to the fridge and grab a pepper or something.

Next weekend's party (one almost every weekend) is at my sister in-aw's and I'll just have to bring a veggie, they usually have burgers, so to won't be an issue. I dont want to bring a shake and stick out too much.

Fireworks are rescheduled to tomorrow night because of all of the rain were not having, oh well.

Have a good night.

Lynn
Hi Lynn,
I would either not go out to eat when I first started IP or I would host dinners at my house so I could control the entire meal. At one dinner the first month I served lemon and chocolate dessert parfaits - all IP - to all my guests. No one knew theywere eating IP. They did notice my salad dressing was different than theirs, but no one cared of course. Now I often eat my dinner before I go out to picnics, bbqs and parties and so when I get there, I typically only have salad and water and talk up a storm. No one really says anything.

I also ALWAYS have my emergency pack in my purse - always filled - and has 2 protein bars, 1 soup pack, 1 teas bag, 2 splenda, Mio. I am prepared to get stuck or have to go out somewhere to eat anytime. Also have 2 spare protein bars in a ziplock bag in my car - more emergency rations.
Hi All,

Naysha6,
Start reading the Alternatives thread, so much good info there. I did IP starting in 2010 using 100% IP products, this time I am 90% alternative, 10% IP, weight loss is identical. Average weekly cost for 3 boxes (21 meals) is $35. - I use Proti-Diet, Proti-Thin, some Weight Loss Systems, some HealthSmart products, all from Nashua Nutrition. At $99, they have free shipping, so I just order $100+ and so have variety. One benefit is that Proti-Diet's pancake mix has only 6 carbs, so I use that every morning and have a cinnamon splenda topped crepe (make my pancake thin) and its not restricted!

Where in Washington is it 103? Must be Eastern Washington, I'm on the West side and it is just beautiful today, but not 103!
I think the reference is to Washington DC.

USMCVet,
IMPORTANT - re your surgery, if they give you saline solution, be sure its not the sugar based one. If you don't ask for non-sugar based saline, you may well be given that. Best wishes that all works out perfectly for you!

You are on an incredible journey. Keep coming to join us daily, you'll feel inspired, get so many great ideas and probably find answers to questions you didn't know you had as well as get great answers and perspectives on those questions you do have.

Welcome!

locopollo
07-08-2012, 01:02 PM
I am having a hard time with people criticizing what I'm eating or that I'm dieting at all like it is some kind of inconvenience to THEM. :mad: My mother last night at dinner, my friend this morning by email...etc. My boyfriend is pretty supportive, thank goodness. Next Friday we are going out to dinner with friends, and ugh, I just don't want to hear about it!!! Going to look at the menu right now so that I will know in advance what I'm ordering. At least these friends are used to me drinking or not drinking and won't be critical of that issue.

I guess next time someone says something, I can ask "Why? Is it an inconvenience to you?" and see what they actually say.

Oh, and "You can just have a little". Seriously????

LizRR
07-08-2012, 01:03 PM

My dad is a right handed wiper, he also tore his left rotator cuff and lost about 10lb when his right hand was healing. He had such a hard time going lefty that he stopped eating to create less waste! I guess that's one way to get motivated...

locopollo
07-08-2012, 01:13 PM
So I don't know if my scale is lying to me or not but I weighed myself yesterday and it was 199lbs and this morning it said 190lbs! How is that possible????

There's that whoosh fairy! :D Go with it. Expect the scale to go up tomorrow while you stabilize.

mooselover
07-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Good morning everyone. I had a great day with my Mom and sister yesterday. We had a bunch of friends over for the UFC fights last night. Tons of food and drinks. I am just not tempted anymore and that feels SO good. 3 boxes of Papa Johns pizza, and none of it looked appealing. (Pizza is one of my favorite foods) I never thought I would say that!!!! Talk about a life change!!! I also had one guy tell me I don't even look like the same person and that I looked tiny. Wow, that made me feel great :D

Have a great IP day. I know I will :carrot:

locopollo
07-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Here is next Friday's dinner menu: http://www.italianrestaurantdenver.com/images/brochures/p22/dinner%20menu%20%28April%202012%29v2.pdf

NewPath
07-08-2012, 01:21 PM
I am having a hard time with people criticizing what I'm eating or that I'm dieting at all like it is some kind of inconvenience to THEM. :mad: My mother last night at dinner, my friend this morning by email...etc. My boyfriend is pretty supportive, thank goodness. Next Friday we are going out to dinner with friends, and ugh, I just don't want to hear about it!!! Going to look at the menu right now so that I will know in advance what I'm ordering. At least these friends are used to me drinking or not drinking and won't be critical of that issue.

I guess next time someone says something, I can ask "Why? Is it an inconvenience to you?" and see what they actually say.

Oh, and "You can just have a little". Seriously????

I had this problem, initially, at work. My lunch, every day, became everyone's business. Then, when my weight loss started to show, that became the subject of criticism. Finally, I just sat every one down and said that I need support, not opinions. If I wanted opinions, I would ask. I then told them all that I appreciate that they care, but that no one cares more about my body and health than me and my coach. After that, I heard nothing but positive compliments.

wuv2bloved
07-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Don't question it, just go with it BUT if you step on the scale tomorrow and its UP don't be upset!...THIS is why we say don't weigh every day cuz you never know what mood your body is in for the day .

Here is next Friday's dinner menu: http://www.italianrestaurantdenver.com/images/brochures/p22/dinner%20menu%20%28April%202012%29v2.pdf

I would stick to the salads probably the chopped salad with steak or chicken :) Stick with what you know

Kikie
07-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Good morning fellow IPers!

I'm having a really tough time these last couple of days... I love how I look with my new clothes on and all that. I love dropping pants size. The issue is looking at myself naked... I can see some extra skin, and I still feel fat because there is nothing to hold or hide that skin. And obviously I still have too much fat in the areas that I wanted to lose (belly, hips and thighs). I've considered revising my goal to 10 or 15 lbs lower than I originally planned but I don't even know if that would make me feel better at all. The point of this diet was to feel better both clothed and naked, but while at first I was ecstatic, I am now not feeling much better about myself than I did 35 lbs ago.

I'm not sure I was properly able to express how I feel but it's probably close enough. I wonder if anyone else feels/has felt like me and how you managed to get over it... I'm not talking about quitting by the way, not planning on that at all, just feeling a little down and not sure how to encourage myself to feel better with no clothes on.

On a more positive note, I wish everyone a great OP day :hug:

wuv2bloved
07-08-2012, 02:00 PM

I'm having a really tough time these last couple of days... I love how I look with my new clothes on and all that. I love dropping pants size. The issue is looking at myself naked... I can see some extra skin, and I still feel fat because there is nothing to hold or hide that skin. And obviously I still have too much fat in the areas that I wanted to lose (belly, hips and thighs). I've considered revising my goal to 10 or 15 lbs lower than I originally planned but I don't even know if that would make me feel better at all. The point of this diet was to feel better both clothed and naked, but while at first I was ecstatic, I am now not feeling much better about myself than I did 35 lbs ago.

I'm not sure I was properly able to express how I feel but it's probably close enough. I wonder if anyone else feels/has felt like me and how you managed to get over it... I'm not talking about quitting by the way, not planning on that at all, just feeling a little down and not sure how to encourage myself to feel better with no clothes on.

Kiki, your extra skin is a sign of your success, even though you don't like looking at it or your naked body, you are a work in progress. Once you start toning up, do yoga or walking your body will tighten up. I see my self naked in the mirror and think WOW that is a lot of loose skin BUT I am not done yet. Just my "apron" weighs over 25lbs and I know this because I put my stomach on the scale. Yes I can lift my stomach up and put it on a scale. You can't tell its that big in my clothes because I can hide it. This is who I am, I am changing BUT some things will take longer than others. The loose skin I have will NOT go away on its own, I will have to get it surgically removed and that is far in the future for me with no health insurance. I will not let seeing that extra skin make me feel any less, its something I have accepted so I deal with it. Maybe my outlook is different than others but its positive for me. Learn to love what you see, its changing daily :hug:

WingnutandMe
07-08-2012, 02:12 PM

Hi naysha,

Chloe said a lot of what I would have said. I just want you to know that I spent my first 3 months totally on IP, but for a variety of reasons, one cost, I decided to go to all alternatives. That was three months ago. I have not had a slow down in weight loss. The difference is you have to pay more attention to ingredients and nutrition when selecting alternative items. IP allows you to not have to think about those. I just want you to know it can be done.

As Chloe said, read the alternative threads. There are lots of us who post our alternative unique issues and situations. We try to keep those separate to allow most of this forum to be what it's designed for, Ideal Protein users.

PM me any time with questions.

I'm glad to be back on the forum. This time at the cottage, being summer, and waaaaay too hot to be in the cottage much except to sleep, I did not get online to read most all week, especially being on dial-up (except our car chasing trip when my step son drove and I was in the back with the netbook). I've missed everyone and their information and words of wisom and love.

I can tell the whoosh fairy was in northern Michigan as I'm having trouble keeping my jeans up today (the others are packed on the bottom of the stuff all piled behind the seats in the truck.) These are stretch and have fit very well. Not now. I'm glad, as my body has been on some loss hiatus for several weeks. I have not weighted since June 23, so I will be anxious to see where I am at my WI on this coming Saturday.

Still have another250+ miles to home, then back to work tomorrow. Ugh. I am sooooo ready to retire and go to the cottage permanently. Wish we could easily organize the 17 years of stuff at home now.

Have a great Sunday and stay OP.

Molly

Kikie
07-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Thank wuv you I appreciate your words :) I am just coming out of a major depression and sometimes it negativity comes back to haunt me... like it is never really far away. I started IP as part of my "new life and new me" to put all that behind me, along with a new job, new cat and new apartment. My body has always been a huge issue to me. However, I do feel better knowing others have the same skin issue and have accepted it. I need to learn to do the same. I guess I just have to be patient, and learning to love myself is something I constantly have to work on.

Thank you! :hug:

wuv2bloved
07-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Thank wuv you I appreciate your words :) I am just coming out of a major depression and sometimes it negativity comes back to haunt me... like it is never really far away. I started IP as part of my "new life and new me" to put all that behind me, along with a new job, new cat and new apartment. My body has always been a huge issue to me. However, I do feel better knowing others have the same skin issue and have accepted it. I need to learn to do the same. I guess I just have to be patient, and learning to love myself is something I constantly have to work on.

Thank you! :hug:
You are a work in progress, you will get there. Some of us have MORE loose skin than you....remember that...if we can handle it so can you. When you are feeling down or depressed come here, someone is always around to help you out :)

julied31
07-08-2012, 03:03 PM
So, after being up 3 pounds throughout the week, I did my weigh in this morning and was back down to exactly what I was last week. I'm pretty happy about that!! I actually think the problem was that I didn't eat everything that I was supposed to. I was a little lax this week. Hopefully this week, I can be back on track.

I started training again for a 5K this morning. I haven't run since about March due to injury and starting IP. I'm going to add an extra packet on the days that I workout.

patns
07-08-2012, 03:39 PM
I had this problem, initially, at work. My lunch, every day, became everyone's business. Then, when my weight loss started to show, that became the subject of criticism. Finally, I just sat every one down and said that I need support, not opinions. If I wanted opinions, I would ask. I then told them all that I appreciate that they care, but that no one cares more about my body and health than me and my coach. After that, I heard nothing but positive compliments.

I think when you get closer to a normal weight people get nervous that you are going to go overboard and develop an eating disorder.

I had the same experience with my brothers and sister and with co-workers this month.

No one seems to remember how big I was. The other evening a group of colleagues took me out for a birthday dinner. It was supposed to be a retirement celebration but a dear friend and coworker has been diagnosed with breast cancer and I told her I will keep working until she can come back so everything stays the same for her in the job,

My coworkers have watched me bring my own lunch of salad and chicken every time lunch is provided for us. We are totally overworked with many meetings scheduled for what should be our lunch break. To make up for this they bring in lunch which is truckloads of carb laden crap.

On my birthday get together I declined wine and ordered a very nice grilled chicken salad and split a dessert with someone. It was Olive Garden and everyone else had pasta and the bread basket.

When I was leaving one person said she was speaking for everyone and they were concerned about how much weight I was losing and wanted to ask me not to lose more. This is the same thing my family said when I was back east at the beginning of the month. I told them I was maintaining and let it go at that.

I knew why they were concerned; last year a coworker who was retiring and not overweight went on a fitness kick and diet to lose 30 pounds for her daughter's wedding and looks awful.

When i came home I sent everyone in the group an email with my progress pictures attached. I told them my journey has been different than many people's because I was obese as a child and I will always be a "closet" obese person. I said I was now at the high end of the average range for my height and age. I told them I would never be able to eat the way someone else of that height and weight and has never been obese can eat.

The first picture shows me 10 years ago on the right with my mom. I was 205 at 5"1". Shortly after that I realized I could not handle wheat and had energy for the first time in my 55 years. For that reason I will never take partake of the supplied lunches.

The middle picture is 5 years ago at 189. My doctor had just told me he was sending me to a specialist to look at a knee replacement. I asked him to wait till I tried to get more weight off. In that time I yo-yoed up and down with low carb plans.
I finally got the latest 35 pounds of this year with IP.

I got several responses. One from my secretary who is the same height as me but keeps her weight at 120 with daily walking. She said I was being too strict with myself as I am the same fine person when I am heavy or not. I emailed her back and told her I appreciated the thought but actually my knee and my doctor think I am a much healthier person at my current weight.

Two people emailed back and thanked me for showing them it was not impossible to get weight off after menopause which is incredibly difficult. One of them said from now on she would look at menus and ask herself "what would Pat order".

Several people didn't respond at all.

Sorry for the long post. The topic of other people being so concerned with what one eats never seems to go away and made me think of my experience this week.

Pat

sabrosura98
07-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Hey guys! new to this forum. I started IP this April and lost 8 pounds right away then got down to 14 lbs. Anyway, I was able to do a bit of cheating and still lose weight. My coach was selling individual packets so that we could taste a bit of everything without being commited to a whoe box. Now however he is only selling boxes. So now I have all these packets of stuff that I really dont like such as the soups, and puddings. What really worked for me were the drinks like the chocolate drink and the yogurt. I would have one in the morning, one for lunch and then a low carb dinner. I really did well doing this. So i want to finish up these soups (but they just taste so yucky) so I can go and buy more of the stuff i do like. I even tried to buy a chocolate protein shake supplement at Vitamin World with the same calories, Fat and protein as IP but it doesnt satisfy me. I would love to find something that tastes and satifies me like Ideal protein. Any suggestions?

locopollo
07-08-2012, 03:54 PM
I would love to find something that tastes and satifies me like Ideal protein. Any suggestions?

I think the soups are good when you add veggies. By themselves, I find them lacking.

The pudding, it's OK, but not for me.

joysh
07-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I think when you get closer to a normal weight people get nervous that you are going to go overboard and develop an eating disorder...When I was leaving one person said she was speaking for everyone and they were concerned about how much weight I was losing and wanted to ask me not to lose more. This is the same thing my family said when I was back east at the beginning of the month. I told them I was maintaining and let it go at that.

Sorry for the long post. The topic of other people being so concerned with what one eats never seems to go away and made me think of my experience this week.

Pat

Pat, thanks for your post. Also NewPath and others who posted about family and friends being "concerned" when we get close to goal. I can't speak from experience YET, but I do have friends and family questioning the strictness of this diet. I really don't want the diet to become the topic of conversation at social gatherings. This happened on July 4th when I attended a BBQ. The first thing someone said (in a loud voice) to a few others was "she's doing that diet that x (another mutual friend) did." This prompted the others to ask me about it. I was mildly annoyed and really did not want my diet to become the topic of conversation. I don't know. I'll talk about it to friends in private - or to my family, but I don't want that to be the topic at a social gathering.

And this is after only losing about 15 pounds. Wait until I get to 50 or 60 pounds!

Sigh. Ah, well:shrug: :)

But I feel great that I'm taking charge and doing this! And Pat, NewPath, and Locopollo, I love your responses! ;)

Have a great day, everyone! :wave:

Chloe222
07-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Good morning everyone. I had a great day with my Mom and sister yesterday. We had a bunch of friends over for the UFC fights last night. Tons of food and drinks. I am just not tempted anymore and that feels SO good. 3 boxes of Papa Johns pizza, and none of it looked appealing. (Pizza is one of my favorite foods) I never thought I would say that!!!! Talk about a life change!!! I also had one guy tell me I don't even look like the same person and that I looked tiny. Wow, that made me feel great :D

Have a great IP day. I know I will :carrot:Be sure you have a non sugar based saline solution for your IV, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

I tend to eat my IP dinner at home before I go so I'm not too hungry and just get green salad at a restaurant and use my own WF dressing. Good luck!

Great answer!

Wuv said it best (we love Wuv!). Consider adding more collagen to your diet (IP offers gelatin) and maybe one of the skin tightening creams from the drugstore (Jergens, etc.)

Hi naysha,

Chloe said a lot of what I would have said. I just want you to know that I spent my first 3 months totally on IP, but for a variety of reasons, one cost, I decided to go to all alternatives. That was three months ago. I have not had a slow down in weight loss. The difference is you have to pay more attention to ingredients and nutrition when selecting alternative items. IP allows you to not have to think about those. I just want you to know it can be done.

As Chloe said, read the alternative threads. There are lots of us who post our alternative unique issues and situations. We try to keep those separate to allow most of this forum to be what it's designed for, Ideal Protein users.

PM me any time with questions.

I'm glad to be back on the forum. This time at the cottage, being summer, and waaaaay too hot to be in the cottage much except to sleep, I did not get online to read most all week, especially being on dial-up (except our car chasing trip when my step son drove and I was in the back with the netbook). I've missed everyone and their information and words of wisom and love.

I can tell the whoosh fairy was in northern Michigan as I'm having trouble keeping my jeans up today (the others are packed on the bottom of the stuff all piled behind the seats in the truck.) These are stretch and have fit very well. Not now. I'm glad, as my body has been on some loss hiatus for several weeks. I have not weighted since June 23, so I will be anxious to see where I am at my WI on this coming Saturday.

Still have another250+ miles to home, then back to work tomorrow. Ugh. I am sooooo ready to retire and go to the cottage permanently. Wish we could easily organize the 17 years of stuff at home now.

Have a great Sunday and stay OP.

Molly

Molly,
Great news re the jeans!! Glad you had a good trip. Drive safely and looking forward to your WI!

Porthardygurl
07-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Good Afternoon all...

Well...as of tommorow.. i will have finished week 5 of being OP ...this is the longest ive gone and im proud of myself for sticking with it...Life sure has become easier since getting through the first weeks i tell ya...Its like you can walk in a grocery store or walk into a restraunt and not even be tempted anymore...you just plan and plan and plan and have a routine and not worry about all the other stuff other people are doing and it works just peachy! The only thing i wish was that my clothes fit better...Even after 5 weeks, i still dont see a change in my clothes sizes..they all still feel the same..except my bra..thats the only thing..im losing my girls! :( Im hoping that my pants sizes will go down soon!!

I have my mom and dad coming up to visit in Hardy for my DDs 2nd birthday this week...it should be interesting..I told them that the only one getting a cupcake is my dd...Everyone else can help themselves to veggies and fruit salad...I of course will stick to veggies and have some sugar free jello if i feel like i so desire it...It will be interesting to see what my parents think of my weight loss and weather or not they see a difference. I hear that we cant always see it but others who havent seen you in awhile can..so we shall see if they notice a change or not..that will be the true test.. Anywho

Everyone have a fun filled good day!!!

Meagan240
07-08-2012, 05:09 PM
I think if I cheated it'd be having too many choco soy puffs... not with pizza. They are awesome!

Kaypix
07-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Hey all, just checking in. I'm off to look up a "Meatsa" (pizza out of meat) recipe my mom told me about. It uses cheese, but as I'm kind of doing my "own" thing I'm not going to beat myself up over it. 4g of fat and 1g of carb for 1/4" cup of the shredded cheese I'm using, not too bad IMO. If the recipe is good I'll post it for those phase 4 folks

athebeach
07-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Hi IPers. Has anyone gone through all the recipes and mane like a table of contents/List of which recipes are on which page of each group? Also is there a special place for the fun with the packets section? I have seen those recipes on the daily chat, but if there is one section where they are featured that would be helpful.
Hot here as usual. Its time for the beach.

wuv2bloved
07-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Hi IPers. Has anyone gone through all the recipes and mane like a table of contents/List of which recipes are on which page of each group? Also is there a special place for the fun with the packets section? I have seen those recipes on the daily chat, but if there is one section where they are featured that would be helpful.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html

WingnutandMe
07-08-2012, 06:06 PM

Kaypix is working on a recipe book with all the recipes from the forum and then some. I know that will be some undertaking. I have selected my own favorites and added them to a Word doc and used the table of contents feature and headings to organize them. I can find things really quickly, but they are to my specific tastes (rather picky). I will post some when someone asks about a specific ingredient.

Thanks, Wuv, for adding the link for the fun with packets.

Molly

Delgen
07-08-2012, 06:07 PM

Wow. Recognizing that is a big step toward a change in behavior. If/when it happens again, replace it with something more positive. I knit, so that is what I have replaced it with. So taking a bath, reading a book, doing a craft or hobbie...any of those would be super, if they are relaxing to you. Once you get good at replacing it, reward yourself. Nothing big, but something nice, like a pair of earrings or new shoes (my favorite):hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

DanafromAustin
07-08-2012, 06:13 PM

As I told a friend, "I look at my loose skin as a badge of honor." I would rather have loose skin and be a heck of a lot thinner any day than not and be putting my health in danger everyday." I put a powder collagen (Great Lakes) in my pudding and RTD twice per day and I lift weights 3x per week. Will my stomach and thighs ever look normal? Who knows, but I do know it can take up to 2 years after losing the weight, and lifting to see what you are really left with. In the meantime, celebrate how far you have come, work out, and keep on keeping on. :hug:

Delgen
07-08-2012, 06:13 PM
The popcorn cannot get you. You can only get it. So just don't.

Ticiabean
07-08-2012, 06:14 PM
I went to the movies yesterday for the first time on IP. I actually went to 2 movies. The first one was right after lunch. Thankfully, the movie was really good and I was full so I ignored the popcorn smell and drank my water. The second movie was at 5 PM and I brought my SW cheese puffs and a bottle of cold water. They are so spicy and good that I was fine. Enjoyed the popcorn smell vicariously.

I can understand that. I'm usually hungry for dinner, but it's hard to finish it all sometimes. I get full much easier, but I know we're supposed to eat ALL the meat and veggies, so I find myself forcing myself to eat it. Very, very strange feeling for me.

Im glad its not just me. I had to force myself to eat lunch today. Very strange for me.

reneepw
07-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi everyone,
I hope you are all having a great weekend. Lots going on in IP land. I just finished packing for our trip to Blacksburg, VA for my son's freshman orientation at Virginia Tech. I'm so excited for him.

I have my IP bag packed, bought a case of water and paid for me and hubby to eat in the cafeteria too. I know the salad bar will be great for me.

I will be missing my weigh in this week, but will do my own spot check before we leave. Today i saw a glimpse of the 140's! OK - it was 149.8, i had already pee'd twice and I was naked..but still - I SAW THAT NUMBER START WITH 14! :) keeps me motivated ya know?

Good luck with WI's, surgery, road trips, BBQ's, clueless co workers and upcoming parties!
and as always, thanks for being here.
Renee

Delgen
07-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Yay!
it was hard, but
You can do hard things!

Delgen
07-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Great strategy! Love it!

Delgen
07-08-2012, 06:34 PM
I think when you get closer to a normal weight people get nervous that you are going to go overboard and develop an eating disorder.

I had the same experience with my brothers and sister and with co-workers this month.

No one seems to remember how big I was. The other evening a group of colleagues took me out for a birthday dinner. It was supposed to be a retirement celebration but a dear friend and coworker has been diagnosed with breast cancer and I told her I will keep working until she can come back so everything stays the same for her in the job,

My coworkers have watched me bring my own lunch of salad and chicken every time lunch is provided for us. We are totally overworked with many meetings scheduled for what should be our lunch break. To make up for this they bring in lunch which is truckloads of carb laden crap.

On my birthday get together I declined wine and ordered a very nice grilled chicken salad and split a dessert with someone. It was Olive Garden and everyone else had pasta and the bread basket.

When I was leaving one person said she was speaking for everyone and they were concerned about how much weight I was losing and wanted to ask me not to lose more. This is the same thing my family said when I was back east at the beginning of the month. I told them I was maintaining and let it go at that.

I knew why they were concerned; last year a coworker who was retiring and not overweight went on a fitness kick and diet to lose 30 pounds for her daughter's wedding and looks awful.

When i came home I sent everyone in the group an email with my progress pictures attached. I told them my journey has been different than many people's because I was obese as a child and I will always be a "closet" obese person. I said I was now at the high end of the average range for my height and age. I told them I would never be able to eat the way someone else of that height and weight and has never been obese can eat.

The first picture shows me 10 years ago on the right with my mom. I was 205 at 5"1". Shortly after that I realized I could not handle wheat and had energy for the first time in my 55 years. For that reason I will never take partake of the supplied lunches.

The middle picture is 5 years ago at 189. My doctor had just told me he was sending me to a specialist to look at a knee replacement. I asked him to wait till I tried to get more weight off. In that time I yo-yoed up and down with low carb plans.
I finally got the latest 35 pounds of this year with IP.

I got several responses. One from my secretary who is the same height as me but keeps her weight at 120 with daily walking. She said I was being too strict with myself as I am the same fine person when I am heavy or not. I emailed her back and told her I appreciated the thought but actually my knee and my doctor think I am a much healthier person at my current weight.

Two people emailed back and thanked me for showing them it was not impossible to get weight off after menopause which is incredibly difficult. One of them said from now on she would look at menus and ask herself "what would Pat order".

Several people didn't respond at all.

Pat
You look tremendous. And you are physically and MENTALLY healthy! Good for you!

Bellamack
07-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi Ipeeps,

Congrats to all the accomplishments!
Wuv, so glad you like your new job, wish I lived there so you could be my coach!

Kaypix
07-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Hey all, I am back! The Meatza turned out phenomenal, tomorrow will show whether the cheese was epicly bad or just a "special treat" kind of scenario. It was a total of 5g carbs per serving (1/2 a pizza) with 8oz ground beef/italian sausage (beef was 93/7), mushrooms, tomatoes, green peppers, onion, and turkey pepperoni. I used a no name brand pizza cheese that was lower in fat than a few alternatives, 4g per serving. As i'm not counting fat strictly it wasn't a huge problem for me, just getting past the "i'm a rebel i'm a rebel" mantra playing in my head.

For whoever was asking about the recipe book, I am almost past the first "group" of recipes in the archive, on my home computer at least, but I can't create a table of contents on my Mac (limitation of MS Word for Mac), so I stopped making it at home and started making it at work. Unfortunately I don't get quite as much time to work on it, as I do have to still do my job (dramatic sigh) but some day, hoping by the end of summer, I'll have it up and running and it will be epic!

locopollo
07-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Looking forward to it, kaypix! What a wonderful idea!

NewPath
07-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Great strategy! Love it!

Thanks Delgen! I have noticed that since Day 1 on IP, I am MOST VERY LIKELY to tell anyone and everyone the truth-whether they want to hear it or not. Sometimes I have gasped at my own truthful comments to the people in my life. Most of my family and friends have figured this out! (HeHe)
:D

athebeach
07-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the link to the fun with packets. I am going to make enough things for a few days.

Tigerlvr52
07-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Had a great day with DH and went to the Seattle Pinball Museum and played all afternoon went to the big Uwajimaya store and then took the light rail home.... all in all a great 100% OP Day. Drank a ton of water and had my restricted for the week. Fun had by both DH and myself. He let me know this morning that because I don't allow any crap in the house: candy, ice cream... shreaded cheese chips exct... that he has lost 10 lbs just by chance of not eating bad stuff. That's pretty exciting for me. :)

athebeach
07-08-2012, 11:49 PM
I have fajitas, green peppers and onions cooking in the actifry and the cracker recipe made into 2 tostadas in the oven. Was going to bake a bunch more, but will see how ambitious I am after these things are done. I did chop and slice enough fajitas, peppers and onion for 2 more meals. I am looking forward to trying the mug cake and the cookies.

Porthardygurl
07-09-2012, 01:32 AM
Ohhhh!!! I am so mad!!!( see my mad face?) I just got over TOM two weeks ago and now its back again!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR!!! Why must we be punished twice in one month!! Why(shakes fists at the sky!!) At least that explains the bloating and not so big loss this week again..

Unwaver1ng
07-09-2012, 02:10 AM
Porthardygurl, I love your avatar. Soo pretty!

Unwaver1ng
07-09-2012, 02:17 AM
I have been majorly struggling while away ata conference. Find food options has been really tough, despite supplementing food in my hotel room. What is with everyone thinking that iceberg lettuce and cheese is a salad?

Anyway, the pressures of finding appropriate food while networking at a conference create a roller coaster of emotions. For most meals now, I end up devastated and want to give up. Then, I eat appropriately and feel amazing pride! I wish I could remember that victorious feeling when I feel so low.

It's good to read the posts about eating around others. Ithas become my biggest struggle and I can relate.

~Jenni

drakegirl
07-09-2012, 04:06 AM
Ohhhh!!! I am so mad!!!( see my mad face?) I just got over TOM two weeks ago and now its back again!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR!!! Why must we be punished twice in one month!! Why(shakes fists at the sky!!) At least that explains the bloating and not so big loss this week again..
That happened to me after my 1st month OP but it settles down after a cycle or two 😊

Chloe222
07-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Hi everyone,
I hope you are all having a great weekend. Lots going on in IP land. I just finished packing for our trip to Blacksburg, VA for my son's freshman orientation at Virginia Tech. I'm so excited for him.

I have my IP bag packed, bought a case of water and paid for me and hubby to eat in the cafeteria too. I know the salad bar will be great for me.

I will be missing my weigh in this week, but will do my own spot check before we leave. Today i saw a glimpse of the 140's! OK - it was 149.8, i had already pee'd twice and I was naked..but still - I SAW THAT NUMBER START WITH 14! :) keeps me motivated ya know?

Good luck with WI's, surgery, road trips, BBQ's, clueless co workers and upcoming parties!
and as always, thanks for being here.
Renee
Renee,
I also saw the 140's for thi first time in a long time, so exciting. Congrats on your son getting into VT, my husband went there.

Hey all, I am back! The Meatza turned out phenomenal, tomorrow will show whether the cheese was epicly bad or just a "special treat" kind of scenario. It was a total of 5g carbs per serving (1/2 a pizza) with 8oz ground beef/italian sausage (beef was 93/7), mushrooms, tomatoes, green peppers, onion, and turkey pepperoni. I used a no name brand pizza cheese that was lower in fat than a few alternatives, 4g per serving. As i'm not counting fat strictly it wasn't a huge problem for me, just getting past the "i'm a rebel i'm a rebel" mantra playing in my head.

For whoever was asking about the recipe book, I am almost past the first "group" of recipes in the archive, on my home computer at least, but I can't create a table of contents on my Mac (limitation of MS Word for Mac), so I stopped making it at home and started making it at work. Unfortunately I don't get quite as much time to work on it, as I do have to still do my job (dramatic sigh) but some day, hoping by the end of summer, I'll have it up and running and it will be epic!
Can't wait to see your meatza recipe! Thx!