Ideal Protein Diet - Sea Salt Daily Requirement

View Full Version : Sea Salt Daily Requirement

qsuzi1
07-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Do you adjust the 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt you take daily? "Dietary Guidelines" (US Health and Human Services) say daily sodium intake should not exceed 1,500 mg if you are "salt sensitive" or 2,300 mg if not salt sensitive. IP 1/2 teaspoon seal salt requirement is 1,080 mg and some IP products/allowed items are high in sodium (Herb and Cheese Omelet is 630 mg, 1 large pickle is 1,181 mg ).

DanafromAustin
07-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Excuse the pun, but I only take what the health and human service dept says with a grain of salt. They are extreamly clueless when it comes to what to really put in your body. However on that note, I stopped adding the sea salt (with my coach in agreement) early on in the program. I am salt sensitive, and there was already too much salt in the products for me anyway. Everyday I was getting swollen ankles from all of the salt already in the food, and I just couldn't add anymore salt to my diet.

qsuzi1
07-06-2012, 06:43 PM
I should have noted that the data was based on a 2,000 calorie diet (IP is 800-1,000 calories?). I hear you Dana - my calorie counting site recommends 1300 mg.

ALG918
07-06-2012, 07:01 PM
The book i started to read "Why we get Fat" states that you should have 2 cups of broth a day, i was concerned cuase i have water retention issues (im on water pills) so i asked, they said that if you dont have headaches then to not really worry, but that if i start to get them to add in a little by little. I eat salt normally on food and such.