Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 04:14 AM   #1  
Andrew

Talking April Fool's Day!!! Tuesday 4/1/03

GOOD MORNING.
Well, it is the start of a new month today and I say we need to get back on track here ladies! Look at us all over eating because of our emotions. Enough already! I bought my son a box of Cinnamon French Toast Milk n Cereal bars on Saturday and ate all 8 of them myself. 4 points each. On Sunday I had a nice low fat bowl of broccolli soup and proceeded to put cheddar cheese in it and had two thick slices of Texas Toast with it-6 points each! These are the reasons I got kicked off the Bootcamp Buddies website. As if those ladies have never done that-right! Anywho, Today I Am Back On Track.

Ask yourself two questions:
1)"Why do I want to lose weight?"

2)"How am I going to be successful at losing it?"

My answers are:
1) I want to lose weight to feel better about myself and to look better. I'm so tired of bending over to tie my shoes and gasping for air and having so much difficulty getting in and out of the car because my belly is so big. I want to have more energy and damn it!- I want to turn some heads for a change, I want to feel sexy and make my husband jealous!
2)How am I going to do it? I know the answer to that, it is so simple. Exercise, keep my journal, stay within my points and water, water, water. Why is it so damn hard? I suppose when I figure that out I WILL be succesful. Right now I am taking it one day at a time. I think I'll start with the WATP tape. I am going to try and do it three times a week. That's not much, I know, but I need to start with a small goal.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox. My Uncle Norm is getting worse every day. I keep thinking he is going to be gone when I get up in the morning but he is hanging in there. This morning he could barely lift a glass to drink. He is only eating a couple of bites of a hotdog a day and a glass of Carnation Instant Breakfast. The Hospice CNA's are coming in twice a day now so that will hopefully give Timmy or I a break on some evenings. I wish he would just go-does that sound awful? I feel so bad for him and I just hope he is not in pain. I know he has to be but because of his mental ******ation he can't express it. We are keeping him medicated but I'm not sure that is enough. One day at a time...
On to hellos...

Lori-I hope you're feeling better about yourself today.

Lexxy-Those girl scout cookies will get you every time. What evil person ever thought of that for a fund raiser anyway? Can't they sell magazine subscriptions or something?

Jeneisen-I once had an 86 point dinner-no kidding. You'll get back on track, keep posting.

KT-I love getting my haircut. I'll bet it feels good. I'm going tomorrow, I can't wait. I'm glad to hear your father is doing so well.

Rina-It's nice that you are there for your brother. Why is his ex coming over? I would think that would send him right over the edge.

Ali-How is it going?

Last edited by momofoneson; 04-01-2003 at 05:50 AM.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:46 AM   #2  

Morning!

Robin, I am with you on starting fresh this month. I think I even need to go change my sig after posting because I've been gaining so much weight. I went to BJs (wholesale club) after work last night to stock up on veggies, etc., but still walked away with a tub of snack mix and tortilla chips. I *should* be able to have that stuff in the house and not totally pig out on it. I'm going to have to learn to eat like a normal person. That being said, they kicked you off a website for overeating??? Isn't that why they were all there in the first place? I don't get it.

Answers to your questions...
1. I want to lose weight to look good and feel good about myself. I spend so much time and money on makeup, clothes, hair...but I just need this last peice of the puzzle. On the flip side of that, I don't really like to get a lot of attention, so maybe in a way I'm sabotaging myself. I mean, I DO want to be thin and attractive, but I don't necesarily want the leers and unwelcomed attention that can come with that - does that make sense? In a way I feel it's "safer" to be fat.
2. I totally agree, the answer IS so simple. I've done it before, so I even know for a fact I can do it. I don't think it's necesarily the diet and exercise we need to figure out, it's the staying motivated and not sabotaging ourselves that we need to plan. At least I know that's what I need for myself. Geez, the amount of stuff I've read and researched about diet and exercise over the years, I could be an expert! Oh the irony....

Sorry to hear about your uncle. I don't think it's bad at all for you to want him to pass on if he is suffering.

Ok, I'll BBL
Old 04-01-2003, 10:11 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls I'm back and day 2 of being OP
mind you i hav e a sprained trapezius muscle (it runs from the base of yoru skull to 2/3s down your back) So needless to say I'm not working out
Today I had a berry protien shake
frozen berries vanilla protien powder and skim milk mmmmmmmm
and going to have tuna and matzoh for lunch
oh um before I forget
BF and I picked out my ring
I dont have it yet nor do I know when I'm getting it and i dont want to know but YAY
gotta get some work done! before I humanize myself
Bbl
Kier
Old 04-01-2003, 10:22 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Oh I want to lose weight b/c I have alot of life to live and as it stands I'm not living the way I want too
the methodology I'm doing is eating a fair amount of protien but mainly trying to have balanced meals protien veggies and carb
drinking water
and the hard one having an eating cutoff time
Old 04-01-2003, 10:34 AM   #5  

Oh Kier! Congrats on the pending engagement! I am so excited for you!
Old 04-01-2003, 11:21 AM   #6  
Canadian Chick

Argh! I just wrote a huge post & lost it! I don't have time to start over right now! Hope you all have a good day. I'll try to find time to post later.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:31 PM   #7  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

I am all with you guys for starting over a new month! I need to get on track, starting today.

Because --
1- I want to be able to buy cute clothes! I am sick of not being able to buy something that is trendy because it does not come in my size! And I also want the compliments and the attention too -- although I know exactly what you mean Lexxy about it being "safer" being fat, I don't get very many compliments on my looks that are sincere, from people I don't know, and I never know how to take them when I do get them. I end up just kind of laughing or blowing them off... I guess that's part of being heavy for pretty much all my life. But that will change!

2- Time to start eating right & exercising at least 5 times/week. This is how it worked before & this is the only way it will work for me. I need to start counting calories again & hitting the gym & walking at night once the time changes & it's light out at night!

It's gorgeous outside here -- perfect motivating weather for shorts & tank tops!

congrats kier!
Old 04-01-2003, 12:53 PM   #8  
Andrew

Congratulations on the ring Kier!!
Old 04-01-2003, 01:42 PM   #9  
A Yankee in Virginia

Kierie: Are you about to get ENGAGED? Yippee! How exciting! What does the ring look like that you picked out? DH picked out mine himself and I must say, he did a great job. Course, he ordered the extended service contract, then lost the paperwork and just found it TODAY. The ring had to be inspected 6 months after he bought it for that contract to be valid. Umm, we got engaged last May!

Boys ...

I'm with you girls on the back on track thing! I'll try. My wedding coming up was the biggest motivator I ever had, but now I have a hard time getting motivated. For example: I'm PMSing and I was feeling sorry for myself last night because DH was working late, so I bought some of those little appetizer quiches, ate 5 of them and then made Pasta Roni White Shells and Cheddar for dinner. Mixed with hamburger meat. My own little comfort food. At least I just ate half of what the box made.

I got on the scale this morning though and it scared me. I won't tell you how much it said. So for lunch I had a salad with grilled chicken. Dressing on the side. And a few crackers. I never did get to join the Y last week because I had to work late almost every night. But I will soon. Honest.

I, too, want to be able to wear nice clothes. I don't buy clothes when I'm at this weight, because I keep telling myself I'll lose and I don't want to spend the money. Plus, most everything looks awful. It's hard to find plus-size clothes that look good when you're short. Every now and then I will buy a few things, but I am so not the clothes horse I was 5, 10 years ago. Funny how things change! Used to be, I wouldn't leave the house without my hair fixed. Now, I often am too lazy in the morning to blow it dry so I just put it in a clip or pull it into a ponytail.

OK, I'm babbling. Hello to everyone out there today!
Old 04-01-2003, 02:11 PM   #10  

Hi girls!
Hope you don't mind me butting in to your group. I'm feeling along the same lines as you guys and am fresh starting it! Despite losing 60lbs two years ago I managed to put back on a frightening 20. . . how quickly it does on (I don't even feel like I tried hard putting it on). . it just slips itself on there!. Anyways, I'm back on program and have been for 8 days now. I think if I can make it 2 weeks I'll get through the cravings ect and do alright. . just have to stay focused!
Old 04-01-2003, 02:36 PM   #11  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default hallo!

Hi everyone!
For those I've never met and have not met me, I was posting until about the holidays-mid January that I can recollect, got so busy, stopped posting and I'm back!

I'm trying my hand at posting again. It's still busy @ work, and I'm still taking classes and in the process of moving.
Still on the WW bandwagon - although I've hit a few bumps along the trail - and rededicated to loosing this weight!

I see so many new faces! I hope I get to learn a little about you.

I still didn't get to read today's thread - forget about yesterday's!

I got a friend to join WW and attend Sunday meetings w/ me. I've found that WW is now offering MANY more Sunday meetings, which agrees w/ my schedule. And it's mid-afternoon so I'm not so rushed in the mornings, since Sunday is my 1 day off.
I know we'll be able to encourage one another and be successful.
I'm looking forward to it. And the change in leader is good - as my "original" leader who I followed was awesome, so is this leader - they are both so entertaining.

I'm off to get lunch. Still have a TON to get done.

Talk to you all soon! And I do want to answer those questions.

Kier - I read a BIT of your message (OK I saw the word engaged) and want to say congratulations! How exciting!
Old 04-01-2003, 03:05 PM   #12  

Congrats Kier!! Ahh, maybe someday I'll have a BF....

Angie, I totally know what you mean - I can never take compliments seriously about my appearance. Usually if it's coming from a guy I just think it's a line, and if it's from one of my friends..well...they're my friends, they have to say I look good! A guy friend of mine actually told me I should sign up for match.com. He does it (and is a normal good-looking guy), and loves it, but I don't think I could, at least not till losing 20 lbs.

Kim, good for you on not eating the whole box. I can't do that. I know there are certain things that I just cannot have in my house, and luckily I am usually too lazy to go out and get food if I'm craving something. I NEVER order takeout either, so being cheap also has it's benefits I just need to make sure I don't buy the stuff anymore, which I've been doing OK on, but not great. Since it's just me, I don't need to worry about having junk that other people like in the house. Whenever I had roommates the junk they'd buy would be so tempting. On the flipside, no one is there to witness just how much I'm eating, so I don't know which is worse. I know everyone has slip-ups and that's totally normal, but what scares me most is when I get on these eating kicks and I just don't even care what I just ate and don't feel guilty about it at all. The guilt is kind of there to keep me in check....when it's gone there are no limits!

Hi Wenwella and Deb, looks like we are all re-committing!
Old 04-01-2003, 03:34 PM   #13  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Ask yourself two questions:
1)"Why do I want to lose weight?"

I want to lose weight so that I am healthy. I want to be a healthy role model for my son, nephew & nieces. I want to be a healthy role model for my profession - I'm working on my Masters to become a Registered Dietician. I want to feel good about myself. I want to be confident. I want to be able to wear professional-designer clothes (at a discount price tee-hee) - to be able to shop with ease. I know that if I am successful in this area of my life, I will be successful in all other aspects. Being overweight for me has been a life-long struggle. I want to like what I see in the mirror. I want to want to look in the mirror.

2)"How am I going to be successful at losing it?"
I am going to journal. I am going to be aware. I am going to exercise. I am going to think POSITIVELY. I am going to use the support around me - friends, this website, my personal website, etc. I am going to make time for me. I am going to do this for ME and no one else. I am not going to let anyone else bring me down.

Thanks for posting this - it made me sit down and think.

Robin - I can't believe you got kicked off of a boot camp buddies website (I don't know what that is but I'm amazed nonetheless).
I'm sorry to hear about your struggle w/ your Uncle. I understand your wanting his pain to end - watching someone you love and care about suffer is such a hard thing to go through. Stand on your soapbox any time!

Lexxy - It's funny you said that about your weight keeping unwanted stares/comments away. I was just talking about that w/ my therapist ( I see someone for eating disorders ) - we use our weight as a buffer. Being "fat" is a buffer to keep people away. It's so true. I remember when I was close to goal - how things changed. Guys talk to you, stare at you, etc - people pay attention, people listen - and you know what society sucks sometimes. Why does the way a person looks change the "value" of someone? Anyhow ... that sparked my comment. I'll get off of MY soapbox now. I don't take comments well either from anyone.

Kim - I agree w/ Lexxy - you didn't eat the whole box - kudos for you!
We talked about "Lifters & Leaners" in WW on Sunday. Sometimes you are a lifter to someone else, and sometimes you need to lean. Sometimes you need to lift yourself up - and count the LITTLE things.

Hey Tonya & Rhina!

So no lunch yet ... a friend (my WW friend) asked me to wait for her - until 4 PM ... aye-yae-yae!
I'd rather wait for her so we can eat something GOOD (and good for us) together.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:31 PM   #14  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Lexxy --
I've actually thought about looking in personals too and maybe posting, but I can't make myself go through with it. Just a little too... I don't know what. One of my friends has actually gone out and met a couple guys she's met online that way. But nothing has really come from it.

Kim--
I haven't been ever able to find any plus-sized clothes that look good. I finally made it out of the plus-sized stuff last year, but not into the juniors, which is what I'd really like to be buying. And don't worry about what you ate yesterday - we're all starting fresh today remember!!

It is really hard to just cook for one though - I tend to eat the whole thing whenever I cook, so I really have to watch the portions of the stuff I buy. Or really watch the portions of anything I put together. Because I seem to be totally unable to just leave something for later -- it does not happen! My evil girl scout cookies are in the freezer because I gave up chocolate for Lent. I eat them on Sundays though...

Gotta get back to work again -- hi to to deb, wenwalla, rina, everyone else!
Old 04-01-2003, 05:24 PM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

i'm not officially engaged he's still trying to figure out the payments
but its a traditional ring yellow gold solitaire
colorless and flawless 1.4 carats round diamond aaah i'm getting crazy about this i swear I'm totally cool about getting it whenever he's ready b/c i want the suprise
but I'm like weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
lol uncontrolled joy i feel like a car commercial
I have to run its spanish time
Closed Thread