Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 133/125/110

Height: 5'6''

Default Weight Loss Plateu?

So last week I lost 5 lbs & 1 inch off my body, this was my first week of exercising/eating healthy so I know alot of it was water weight ect... I've just finished week two and the same weight and measurements as last week. I've been eating 600 calories less than my BMR, and doing the 30 Day Shred once a day.

I find it so unmotivating because I've worked so hard, and I don't feel any differently than I did before my diet.

Any advice? The only differences between this week and last week is the first week I ate my calories in chicken breast/omelettes/oats ect and this week has mainly been weight watcher meals, no difference in calories.

Plus I've exercised more this week than I did last week!

Frusturated ...
babyshambles7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

So you are saying that in two weeks you have lost five pounds. That is excellent and better than the average of one and a half to two pounds a week.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Weight Watchers meals are really high in sodium.That is probably why you didn't lose.Lucky actually you didn't gain.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #4  

Thanks!! It probally is the weight watcher meals?? I feel so much more bloated this week! I am going to stick to what I was eating last week then...Also I did not drink as much water as I did so maybe that's a contributing factor.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

I just noticed your weight loss goals and according to the height weight chart the lowest weight for your height is 127.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Actually for 5'6" the BMI recommended lowest weight is *115. But regardless...

Since you are at a "normal" if not ideal weight for your height as it is (not saying ideal for you personally, but ideal just in numbers), every pound will be more difficult to get off than the next.

Also, I've found personally, if I have a big loss one week, the next week tends to be much lower if not zero.

*I won't try to talk you out of having a goal of 107 at your height because that's your personal decision whether I think it's healthy or not.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #7  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I'll try to talk you out of your goal weight.

The only way you'll get to that weight is if you become so thin you can hoola hoop with a cheerio.

I'd suggest you determine what your goals are as far as bodycomposition and then research the best way to get there.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #8  

I'm not too concerned w/ exact weights that's just how much I weighed before, i gained alot of weight in the last year & would really like to fit back into my old clothes. I am doing weight exercises to build muscle so it may end up being like 115 anyway.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #9  

107 makes me a size us4. I don't think that is incredibly skinny?
Old 07-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/130 mini goal 228

Height: 5'6"

I am no expert by any means but someone else said ww is high in sodium. It's my understanding that sodium makes you retain water. I actually think you are doing GREAT to have lost 5 lbs in two weeks. To me, it seems like the more weight a person has to lose, it comes off faster in the beginning than one who doesn't have as much to lose. You are doing great!
MyLilSweetPeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am six inches shorter than you, if I were ever to get down to 107 people would start leaving food packages on my porch.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #12  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Haha! Sorry Bargoo, that's too funny

Whether your goals re unrealistic or not isn't for me to judge, as there is huge variety in metabolism, frame size, and generally happy weight territory depending on the person. But if you have had children or are approaching peri menopause I'd reconsider your goal, if only because more mature female bodies tend to sit at naturally higher fat levels than they did earlier in life, even in peak fitness.

At your size weight drops slowly, so even half a pound a week would be incredible sculpting progress for many women. With that in mind, I'd say you need to do nothing but be PATIENT with the extra pounds and keep doing what you're doing. If your body can go that low persistent calorie deficits will bring it there eventually, unless other factors are at play.

Please also consider strength training or bodyweight workouts like Callanetics/TTap/Pilates if you don't do them already. You can get immense results at the SAME weight from body recomposition with working out. We're not talking burning calories, though that happens as a byproduct, but building muscle mass and increasing bone density. Reshaping, as it were, is best done with heavy weights and full range of motion workouts (squats and lunges are brutal and excellent, all at once, for those trouble female areas).

This is just food for thought, but your best bet for achieving such a goal weight, or at least the shape you desire, is patience and sweat equity with lifting heavy stuff!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #13  
m3k
One LB at a time...

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/160

Height: 5' 6"

Hmm. I've always been a little on the bigger side, but if I weighed 107 I'd keel over. People thought I was anorexic at 135... and that was a long time ago!

Your weight is WELL within the healthy range at this time. Maybe consider going for fitness instead of weight loss? Replace fat with muscle?

Since your weight is already quite low, I would try fitness. Dieting is going to be super hard since you don't have much to lose, and your weight is technically healthy in regards to your height anyway.

However, just an opinion! It's up to you. And if 107 is your serious goal, that's fine, just be careful! = ]

Last edited by m3k; 07-06-2012 at 02:54 PM.
m3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #14  

Changed my goal to 115, I really am not that fussed about exact goal weights, I just wanna fit back into my old clothes. When I was 107, I was just normal skinny, I have a small frame though.. I am more determined to tone up/ get in shape and eat healthy more than anything. For the past couple years I've only eaten junk food & never exercised.