Ideal Protein Diet - It's Thursday, July 5th! What are you eating today IPeeps?

LizRR
07-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Phase 1: Week 18, Day 7

Breakfast@8am: The Usual.
IP Cappuccino Drink
1 cup Organic Looseleaf Spinach
1 Heart of Romaine (lettuce)
2 cups Half-Caf Coffee
1 Stevia packet

Lunch@12pm: Potato Soup
IP Potato Puree
8oz Chicken Broth
1 cup Roasted Cauliflower, Celery, & Garlic Puree

Snack@4pm: Restricted
IP Chocolate Soy Puffs

Snack@6pm: Savory Waffles, 4th Workout Packet
IP Chicken a la King
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder

Bodypump@6:30-7:30pm

Dinner@8pm:
Beef fajitas
Grilled green onions

LindseyTradeChic
07-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Dang.. you are prepared! I'm having...

Breakfast:
24oz Iced Americano (no milk, 2 splenda)
IP crunchy cereal

Lunch:
Shredded cabbage salad w/ celery and lemon juice and oil for dressing
IP Chili packet w/ added veggies

Dinner:
Ground turkey, seasoned and made into a patty served with a giant dill pickle, mustard, and possibly rutabaga fries

Snack: I don't usually get this far, I'm too full by this time, BUT.. if I do, I'm having an IP Pina colada drink mix.

I haven't quite had time to come up with good recipes yet. Any suggestions for really simple & fast recipes?! I'm constantly on the move and all I have available at lunch time is a microwave. =)

LizRR
07-05-2012, 02:07 PM
I haven't quite had time to come up with good recipes yet. Any suggestions for really simple & fast recipes?! I'm constantly on the move and all I have available at lunch time is a microwave. =)

I have soup with 1 cup veggies for lunch every weekday - my on the go tip: On Sundays I chop, EVOO spray, & roast a head of cauliflower and 4-5 ribs celery, enough for 5 cups chopped veggies, with 4 garlic cloves at 350deg for ~30 minutes that I puree with some spices. I parse this out into 5 microwaveable bowls that I store in the fridge. Then in the mornings I just bring my shaker of chicken broth (adds 5 calories/cup from 1g protein) and my packet. At work I can mix up my soup, add it to my cauliflower puree, and nuke it for my quick lunch. I like the Potato Puree, Chicken Soup, and Chicken a la King the best with this puree. I also do a Roasted Poblano, Red Bell Pepper, Jalapeno, & Garlic puree - this works best with the Chicken Soup.

I also have my IP drink with 1 cup veggies (spinach) every weekday morning - that is just putting in 2 handfuls spinach (to fill blender to the top loosely) with 2 cups coffee (or water, tea, etc) & sweetener or extracts (optional), liquify spinach in blender 2 minutes, then I add my IP packet into the blender another 15 seconds. Pour it over ice in my gigantic mug and I am out the door.

I am generally a bit pooped when I get home so I just have my restricted as my 4pm snack. On weightlifting weekdays I can muster the energy to do a more creative IP + 2 egg white recipe for my 4th packet (powered from my 4pm restricted!).

Tigerlvr52
07-05-2012, 04:18 PM
IP Phase 1 Week 6 day 4

Breakfast: 7AM
One Pure Protein Bar
50 or so oz of water between 7 am and 10 am

Lunch: 11 AM
1/2 Cup Frozen Chopped Spinach ( equals out to roughly 2 cups fresh)
3/4 Cup left over Ruhbarb Strawberry Dessert ( Ruhbarb, WF Strawberry goo, pumpkin pie spice & Stevia)
8 oz Caramel Folgers K-Cup
2 oz Water
1 scoop 100% whey protein ( costco carries it... 30 grams of protein per scoop)

Dinner: 5-6 pm
2 Cups Green Beens
8 Oz Grilled Alaskan Salmon

Snack 8-9 PM
Same Shake as lunch minus coffee.

LizRR
07-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Snack: I don't usually get this far, I'm too full by this time, BUT.. if I do, I'm having an IP Pina colada drink mix.

You should ALWAYS eat all your food on this program - we are at such low calories, and ESPECIALLY the packets - they have the most protein to sustain your lean mass. Readjust some meal scheduling if that helps you get everything in - but every day you need 3 IP packets + 4 cups veggies + 8 oz protein. Lol, who thought you'd need to be reminded to eat on a diet. Seriously though - EAT YOUR FOOD!

Example: I had to move my snack to before dinner and split my veggies between breakfast and lunch to get it all in.

greeniris
07-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Breakfast - 8 a.m. IP Vanilla Pudding made into a shake (10 oz water) w/dash pure vanilla extract.
Lunch - 12:30 Subway Veggie Salad, no dressing (my individual packets hadn't arrived yet), an EAS advantage power bar
Snack - 4:30 Proti-Diet orange drink mix in 8 oz water
Supper - 8 pm ish 8 oz turkey, cooked turnip & some other veggie

Porthardygurl
07-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Phase 1 Alternatives:

Breaky: Vanilla RTD and lots of water!
Lunch: Vanilla RTD and lots and lots of water
Dinner: 8oz of chicken breast with a little bbq seasoning(no sugar) and a mist of evoo. Lots and lots and lots of water
Dessert: Rubarb crumble(using oatmeal packet) and lots and lots and lots and lots of water. :)