Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 07/05/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 07/05/12

rissimo
07-05-2012, 06:26 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Aussieluver
07-05-2012, 06:53 AM
up early with the dogs ... started a private blog to help "visualize" what I am doing. Started am OP ... omelet and water ... goal today is to stay OP :O)
WI is Monday, but today I'm at 176.6 on home digital scale; hope sharing will help me stay on task ... reading other success stories is definitely motivation!

wendywendy
07-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Good morning all....had my WI #10 on Tuesday and was down -4...yay for a total to date of 38lbs!!!!! Hubby and i have changed to EAS drinks to try and ease the overall costs but will be watching for any slow downs. I also bought some Quest bars to try but again we will need to watch that they do not slow our losses down. Hope everyone had a great OP day!!!! Thanks for being here:hug:

Chloe222
07-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Good morning all!
Hope all my American IPeeps had a safe and happy 4th of July!

The heat wave continues across the US, so please keep drinking your water and watch those around you - heat stroke catches you quickly.

To the newbie who started her own blog to track and visualize her progress - what a great idea!! I didn't do a blog, but am glad that in my IP signature I show my weekly weight change - its handy and helpful to keep seeing it.

Have a great day!

Aussieluver
07-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Once I am here long enough to use the signature, I too will track the weekly progress ... and I LOVE the "Will Power Dust" ... so many cute signature ideas ... only 19 more days to go :O)

Beanie Mommy
07-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Today is my first clinic appointment after my unauthorized break from IP... Actually looking forward to it bc I've been doing alternatives for the past week and really miss my IP foods. I'm at the same weight as bf the break, so my coach should be relatively forgiving. I hope.

Good luck with those WIs today!

JudoGirl
07-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Ok I finished my move and a crazy month of life...I am going to be so good this week it will make my head spin...I feel like my system was poisioned with bad things...so I am excited about cleaning it with good healthy choices...
IP lets do it.....
Plus I moved back to where they have the most amazing walking trail and track...I'm excited about that for sure...

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

shathom
07-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Good morning all, how was your 4th? Safe I'm hoping, mine was fine. Have a great Thursday.

Smooches

Thorfinn
07-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Morning folks.

I feel fantastic!!! Did the BCA at my last WI and I've reached the "fitness" category.

I only have two shirts and one pair of pants left that fit........Going to have to budget for some new duds very soon.

Hope you're all staying OP and having a great week!

Josh

Thorfinn
07-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Good morning all, how was your 4th? Safe I'm hoping, mine was fine. Have a great Thursday.

Smooches

Between taking care of 2 kids and 34 dogs I was exhausted. I was asleep before the fireworks began :coffee:

aimeed3
07-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

How was everyones day yesterday? Did everyone stay OP?
I did. Went to my dads for a BBQ and there were plates of cookies and brownies and you know what? I wasnt even tempted. It's so weird how this diet changes all of that, in a good way of course.

It sure feels like a Monday but I am pretty sure tomorrow will feel like Friday :)

Have a good and OP day today!!!

reneepw
07-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Today is my first clinic appointment after my unauthorized break from IP... Actually looking forward to it bc I've been doing alternatives for the past week and really miss my IP foods. I'm at the same weight as bf the break, so my coach should be relatively forgiving. I hope.

Good luck with those WIs today!
good luck at your appointment! My coach was mad at me last week. 2 weeks and only 1 pound lost. I told her i knew I messed up - it was 2 weeks of a few mistakes. I was kinda glad it was still a pound lost and no gain. Sheesh! I'm back on track this week though!

Morning folks.

I feel fantastic!!! Did the BCA at my last WI and I've reached the "fitness" category.

I only have two shirts and one pair of pants left that fit........Going to have to budget for some new duds very soon.

Hope you're all staying OP and having a great week!

Josh

you have a great one as well! Your post made me smile. I'm feeling pretty good too.
Good Morning Everyone!!

How was everyones day yesterday? Did everyone stay OP?
I did. Went to my dads for a BBQ and there were plates of cookies and brownies and you know what? I wasnt even tempted. It's so weird how this diet changes all of that, in a good way of course.

It sure feels like a Monday but I am pretty sure tomorrow will feel like Friday :)

Have a good and OP day today!!!
Best part of a Wednesday off - you think its Monday and then realize tomorrow is Friday! I was very good yesterday - 100%OP!

reneepw
07-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Good morning peeps.
Hope everyone had a safe, healthy 4th. I stayed 100% even though the oreo jar was staring at me as well. I just stared it down!

I spent a good 2 hours in my closet; pulling out all the old sizes. I have a massive pile to donate. I also found old size 10's that now fit :) It makes me smile everytime I open the closet door now.

Have a great day.

Renee

barri1970
07-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Question..I am on week 2 of Phase 1 and I have been stedialy losing 1/2 to 1lb a day...I am down a total of 10lbs. This morning I woke up and I gained almost a half a pound. I have been MORE then perfect...what is going on?????? PLEASE HELP!!!

MrsPookie
07-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Hope you all had a good 4th of July and that everyone has a good OP weekend.

I think I will try the spinach shake for dinner tonight:)

Sharon G.

locopollo
07-05-2012, 09:00 AM
It's always nice to go shopping in your own closet. :)

I am on Day 6. Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. I am hoping for -5#. I'm at -4.5 on my home scale, I and my WI is in the AM whereas my signup WI was in the evening...so...I should reach that number. And then I am putting my home scale in the garage. I know Week 2 will be different while my body catches up with the scale. It sure has been fun this week though!

Happy THURSDAY everyone! Make it a great day!

Kaypix
07-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Question..I am on week 2 of Phase 1 and I have been stedialy losing 1/2 to 1lb a day...I am down a total of 10lbs. This morning I woke up and I gained almost a half a pound. I have been MORE then perfect...what is going on?????? PLEASE HELP!!!

Don't weigh daily if you can't handle the fluctuations, it'll drive you crazy! We can gain up to a couple pounds on any given day for no apparent reason. That is why it is ideal to only weigh once a week.

aimeed3
07-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Question for you guys: What's up with all the foam in all of the soups and drinks? Just wondering

Barb4640
07-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Spinach Shake ROCKS!!! :) You will like it.

Good Morning Everyone

Sharon G.

Barb4640
07-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Praying for rain here in NW Iowa (Just a neighbor of you Kaypix,lol). It looks like it wants to rain, but that has happened before and nothing. I know we are not the only area that needs rain, so may there be lots of showers where needed. :)

GeauxTigers82
07-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Good morning!!!

I had such a great OP day yesterday! Easy, breezy!!

I will be spending the day inside doing laundry and straightening my house.

Have a great OP day everyone!!

Unwaver1ng
07-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Good morning! Despite worries and misgivings last night, I had a great Fourth of July and stayed 100% OP. no one looked at me funny or questioned my choice of food (I know...priorities, right?)

You know those pants that fit but don't feel too great so you avoid them until they are the last choice? Well today I am wearing them comfortably! I am just starting the program but definitely can feel a difference in these usually snug pants! Yay.

~Jenni

Chloe222
07-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Ok I finished my move and a crazy month of life...I am going to be so good this week it will make my head spin...I feel like my system was poisioned with bad things...so I am excited about cleaning it with good healthy choices...
IP lets do it.....
Plus I moved back to where they have the most amazing walking trail and track...I'm excited about that for sure...

Congrats on the move and getting things squared away in just 1 month. That's tremendous!

Question..I am on week 2 of Phase 1 and I have been steadily losing 1/2 to 1lb a day...I am down a total of 10lbs. This morning I woke up and I gained almost a half a pound. I have been MORE then perfect...what is going on?????? PLEASE HELP!!!
Please relax, you'll be fine, lots of possible reasons: possibly your digestive cycle (a tad constipated?), TOM if you're female, maybe need to drink a little extra water if you are holding water from a previous meal, etc. It will come off and you are doing so well! CONGRATS!

CarCamMom
07-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Good morning! Despite worries and misgivings last night, I had a great Fourth of July and stayed 100% OP. no one looked at me funny or questioned my choice of food (I know...priorities, right?)

You know those pants that fit but don't feel too great so you avoid them until they are the last choice? Well today I am wearing them comfortably! I am just starting the program but definitely can feel a difference in these usually snug pants! Yay.

~Jenni

What a NSV! Big pants is the best feeling ever! Keep up the good work!

julied31
07-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Now I know why I shouldn't weigh every day, reading some of the posts today. I've been up the past 3 days. I weighed in better when I was on vacation last week!! Oh well. I'll just keep loading up on water and peeing like crazy!

One NSV yesterday - someone who didn't know I was trying to lose weight commented on me losing weight. FINALLY!!!

reneepw
07-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Sharon G.

LOVE the spinach shake. I make sure to pull the stems off first and my ninja does a great job blending it all in.

Chloe222
07-05-2012, 10:18 AM

~Jenni

Jenni,
Get used to that wonderful feeling - pants getting looser and looser, tops getting looser and looser. Enjoy and keep up the good work!

salmongirl
07-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Today is my first clinic appointment after my unauthorized break from IP...!
Welcome back! You got this!

Put the scale away, stick to the diet. Repeat, put the scale away, stick to the diet. Enjoy the journey! Have a nice day!

~Jenni
Wait until you can't keep them up anymore! I have saved my "fat pants" and can't believe I ever fit into them!

Now I know why I shouldn't weigh every day, reading some of the posts today. I've been up the past 3 days. I weighed in better when I was on vacation last week!! Oh well. I'll just keep loading up on water and peeing like crazy!

One NSV yesterday - someone who didn't know I was trying to lose weight commented on me losing weight. FINALLY!!!

Keep up the good work, the weight will come off.

LizRR
07-05-2012, 10:47 AM

I spent a good 2 hours in my closet; pulling out all the old sizes. I have a massive pile to donate. I also found old size 10's that now fit :) It makes me smile everytime I open the closet door now.

Thorfinn - that is AWESOME getting into the fitness category - I made a nice jump into the 'Acceptable' category last week, it would be dreamy to make it down the next level...I am 3 pounds away from the 'Normal' BMI...it's the final countdown!

I also spent a good amount of time in my closet yesterday evening. I am at the end of the road as far as old clothes. This is the smallest I've been in my adult life. I kept the cutest larger items for my 'hope to be pregnant pile'. There are a few items that are probably a smidge too big, but I kept because I really am down to the barebones and don't want to run out and get all new stuff until I am settled at goal. I figured if the tops are a little blousy, that's fine. Technically in a Medium/Small top, but some of the more form fitting Larges aren't too balloony.

I have gone out a few times to Old Navy clearance racks and gotten some cheap tops (like the one I'm wearing now, $1.97 green scoopneck Tee). I don't spend more than $5 each on new tops, they don't always last very long - but I get what I pay for, and I'm usually not in them very long anyways.

The jeans are pricier ($20 bootcuts, $13 skinny) which is why I get those every other size. And I always use the 10% off coupon when you do their survey, so it gets even cheaper. I got the bootcut 8s which are now too big, and the skinny 8s which still fit, the size 4 bootcut are a little snug, but no muffin top. I am technically a size 6, but think i can bridge that gap with the skinny 8s (although I have a slight butt sag in those now). I did 'splurge' and get some size 6 capris and 2 pair shorts at $7 each.

My current job is pretty casual (jeans), but I'm switching to a new program in a few months and it is 'more professional' - so I will be phasing out the Old Navy and stepping up my wardrobe. Just another reason to splurge after reaching goal!

To the newbie who started her own blog to track and visualize her progress - what a great idea!! I didn't do a blog, but am glad that in my IP signature I show my weekly weight change - its handy and helpful to keep seeing it.

Yeah, I wish now I would have been blogging the whole journey - I created the link - but it's pretty lame. I seem to do all of my typing on this forum! I also wish I would have had the courage to take more 'before' pictures as well. There are a few rare pictures of me taken without my knowledge at my before weight. I look in the mirror sometimes and still see 'the old me' - but geez, obviously I have changed since I just bought size 4 jeans last week where I started in size 16s. Also wish I had kept my outfit from my first WI. And my coach takes her own initial 'before' pictures - now that I think about it - I wish I would have had her take weekly pictures with my own camera now, THAT would be a trip down memory lane! I do like my detailed ticker - that's kind of like my little tracker - I think it helps to see the trends and how we see-saw between weeks.

OMG - I SOOOOOO needed to hear that this morning....we went swimming/bbqing with friends in the early afternoon and totally messed myself up with too much sun, then had a late afternoon iced coffee to pick me up, then that messed with my sleep last night....I need a sleep reboot!

If you can not handle daily fluctuations, then do not weigh yourself daily. A LOT of factors can have your weight track with outliers. If you are following the program you are fine - you may be a little backed up, you may have TOM (if female - hormones), you may be catching up a little (this diet is notorious for stair step weight drops), you may be retaining water - but you WILL lose weight. Step away from the scale.

Personally, I do weigh at home most days - but don't take it too seriously because I know what I eat, I know it is On Program, so any pings I know are randomness - for instance, I am up ~2lb this morning - but oh well, we'll see how it shakes out at the weekly WI on Friday. TOM is due to come in a few days, I've been increasing my weightlifting, and I spent too much time in the sun yesterday and suspect not enough water to compensate (sun headache, yuck). Last week I also had a random 2lb gain 4/7 days last week, but by my WI I had registered a -2lb loss and a 4lb gain in muscle - so an essential 6lb loss of fat. I will take that!

You won't be sorry!

NewPath
07-05-2012, 10:49 AM
YAHOO!!! 40 lbs by the 4th of July! So excited, incredibly excited!!!!
Three cheers for IP and all of you!!!!!!

Heitina
07-05-2012, 10:52 AM
It's been a good week. I like to weigh daily, the fluctuations don't bother me. All week I have been bouncing up and down the scale - up 1/2 a pound, down 1/2 a pound, up 1/2 a pound etc. This morning it was down a couple of pounds (I was NOT expecting that). We just have to remember that as long as we are OP this will work....sometimes your body has to play a few games with you along the way.

Happy Thursday Friends!!!! :hug:

1tangigirl
07-05-2012, 10:57 AM
It's always nice to go shopping in your own closet. :)

I am on Day 6. Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. I am hoping for -5#. I'm at -4.5 on my home scale, I and my WI is in the AM whereas my signup WI was in the evening...so...I should reach that number. And then I am putting my home scale in the garage. I know Week 2 will be different while my body catches up with the scale. It sure has been fun this week though!

Happy THURSDAY everyone! Make it a great day!

Yes it can be like Christmas morning finding things in your closet that. Ow fit and you forgot you had!!

I too am on day 6 and looking forward to WI tomorrow. I couldn't banish my scale though

Tigerlvr52
07-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Last night had a BBQ with my amazing family who is so supportive. My mom made ribs, my favorite but she put a 2 aside for me with no BBQ sauce on them so I could use my WF BBQ. I had to doctor it up a bit but not too bad. I prepared asparagus with ginger and soy sauce and broiled it. The fam loved it. I loved to introduce a great IP veggie dish and they were fans. Everyone else had Root Beer Floats and even though I had my 4 cups of veggies already. I made a couple of cups of rhubarb and some WF strawberry goo. I didn't end up finishing it last night.

When I woke up this morning at a whopping 4:30 am the first time... I decided to put a K cup in of Caramel Folgers ( 0/0/0) in my blender, my defrosted frozen spinach and the remainder of my strawberry rhubarb mix that I made last night. DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! Even my picky co-worker wanted to try it...... I am a happy girl today.

Thorfinn
07-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Thorfinn - that is AWESOME getting into the fitness category - I made a nice jump into the 'Acceptable' category last week, it would be dreamy to make it down the next level...I am 3 pounds away from the 'Normal' BMI...it's the final countdown!

I also spent a good amount of time in my closet yesterday evening. I am at the end of the road as far as old clothes. This is the smallest I've been in my adult life. I kept the cutest larger items for my 'hope to be pregnant pile'. There are a few items that are probably a smidge too big, but I kept because I really am down to the barebones and don't want to run out and get all new stuff until I am settled at goal. I figured if the tops are a little blousy, that's fine. Technically in a Medium/Small top, but some of the more form fitting Larges aren't too balloony.

Congrats on getting to Acceptable!!!

The smaller clothes I had were all tossed five or six years ago. :dizzy:

I don't think I'll be losing more than another 4-5lbs so the switch to 33" pants and M shirts SHOULD tide me over for a while.

My wife commented that I was swimming in my pants yesterday so I put on my 10 year old "chores around the house" pants and she said "daaaaaang". :D

DenverGal
07-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Congrats to shopping in your own closet! I, too, had a NSV this morning involving fitting into pants for the first time in years. It is definitely motivating.

I also went on a long bike ride yesterday and it reminded me how much I like to get out and work out! I guess sometimes you need to be away from it for a while before you realize how much you miss it. I'm gonna go for a walk/run tonight and see how it feels :)

Happy Thursday all.

vovo
07-05-2012, 11:09 AM
NSV: An acquaintance at work noticed I was slimming down!! It's nice to hear it from someone else; it's like extra validation & oomph to keep me OP (especially on those harder days).

I have my 2nd WI tomorrow, so hopefully it will confirm I've dropped a few more inches/lbs!!

Also, I coudln't find anything on the boards, but is it normal to have night sweats? Before starting IP, I never had this problem. I don't sweat during the day or have hot flashes...just while sleeping. Also, I know it's not the temperature - unlike the rest of the country, the seattle area has been cooooool.

I'll be asking my coach tomorrow, but thought I'd check with the community as well.

jebaughman
07-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Saw amazing fireworks at SPI last night. Went on a dolphin watch sunset fireworks cruise. Bridge traffic not too bad. Took an extra bar for a snack but did not even eat it. Was short on water though. Plan on drinking lots today. Also have PT today so will get a workout.

Darralyn
07-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Happy Thursday IPeeps.
I am having a down day since yesterday afternoon; it must be the flushing of hormones or something; I really dislike being down like this. Oh well; who said life was always going to be fun!! I don't want to inflict this on anyone else so I will just say...Have a great OP day! Stay cool!:cool:

NewPath
07-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Happy Thursday IPeeps.
I am having a down day since yesterday afternoon; it must be the flushing of hormones or something; I really dislike being down like this. Oh well; who said life was always going to be fun!! I don't want to inflict this on anyone else so I will just say...Have a great OP day! Stay cool!:cool:

Darralyn,
It is probably your hormones! Spoil yourself today, cuddle up with a good book.
Give yourself permission to spoil yourself. Make an exotic shake....keep hydrated. You are so very loved. Don't be sad, be spoiled!
Can you get to a store to try on clothes, that always boosts my moods!
Julie

jebaughman
07-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Darralyn---Drink some water and remember -There are brighter days ahead.You are almost half way on this journey. Hang in.

joysh
07-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Good morning, everyone! Just wanted to say hi!

Had a good time at the BBQ yesterday with my skewered veggies! Brussel sprouts and portobello mushrooms are new favorites of mine! I hope you all had a good Fourth of July! This certainly gets easier than I thought it would.

Barri, don't worry about small fluctuations in weight. This is natural. I put my scale away and only weigh once a week at the clinic. No worries or stresses then. Of course, I try on clothes for 10 minutes every morning... But I stay off the scale.

Have a great day! :wave:

DenverGal
07-05-2012, 11:46 AM
OK, here's what is probably a dumb question, but is there such a thing as drinking too much water? I am at 100+ oz lately, and have been feeling OK, but have noticed that my legs are feeling cramp-y--could that be tied? Maybe too little salt for all the h2o?

reneepw
07-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Happy Thursday IPeeps.

:( Hope it passes quickly. Maybe get out for a walk? My favorite - put on some jumping music and sing and dance around. Get those endorphins going! Remember how much everyone here appreciates you!

reneepw
07-05-2012, 12:22 PM
NSV: An acquaintance at work noticed I was slimming down!! It's nice to hear it from someone else; it's like extra validation & oomph to keep me OP (especially on those harder days).

I have my 2nd WI tomorrow, so hopefully it will confirm I've dropped a few more inches/lbs!!

Also, I coudln't find anything on the boards, but is it normal to have night sweats? Before starting IP, I never had this problem. I don't sweat during the day or have hot flashes...just while sleeping. Also, I know it's not the temperature - unlike the rest of the country, the seattle area has been cooooool.

I'll be asking my coach tomorrow, but thought I'd check with the community as well.

i get the opposite - i get cold, which i think is pretty common on IP

Robag
07-05-2012, 12:23 PM

Have a great day!

When you say it this way, it makes sense to me. So I decided to do this as well. My signature now has the weekly WI #'s.

LindseyTradeChic
07-05-2012, 12:27 PM
OK, here's what is probably a dumb question, but is there such a thing as drinking too much water? I am at 100+ oz lately, and have been feeling OK, but have noticed that my legs are feeling cramp-y--could that be tied? Maybe too little salt for all the h2o?

Yes- it is possible to drink too much water.

Last night I had really bad upper thigh and leg cramps from not having my salt yesterday- yikes!

locopollo
07-05-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm gonna go for a walk/run tonight and see how it feels :).

Where are you located? I'm in Congress Park. :)

Robag
07-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Good morning from sunny Saskatchewan. NSV for me the last few days, I've had quite a few people at work ask me if I've lost weight, so that feels pretty good. As well, I think I only have one pair of shorts that fit without them falling half way down my butt. Another NSV, last night we went to one of the local sporting goods stores that was having a massive blowout sale on last years stock for our pro-football team. I ended up buying 3 large t-shirts instead of XL. That's a pretty neat feeling for sure.

Today is the start of Phase 3 for me before I go on holidays. It sure felt weird having toast this moring. I'm not sure my stomach is up for this, but we'll see how it goes.

Good luck to all with WI's today, and have a great day!

fam4me
07-05-2012, 12:40 PM

Way to go!

robin532
07-05-2012, 12:41 PM
:carrot:
You look AMAZING and 40 lbs is incredible! Great job to you!

DenverGal
07-05-2012, 12:48 PM
locopollo -- we're close...I'm in City Park!

I'm wondering -- which center do you go to?

locopollo
07-05-2012, 12:53 PM
locopollo -- we're close...I'm in City Park!

I'm wondering -- which center do you go to?

Cynergy. My first WI is tomorrow. You?

Darralyn
07-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Darralyn,
It is probably your hormones! Spoil yourself today, cuddle up with a good book.
Give yourself permission to spoil yourself. Make an exotic shake....keep hydrated. You are so very loved. Don't be sad, be spoiled!
Can you get to a store to try on clothes, that always boosts my moods!
Julie

Darralyn---Drink some water and remember -There are brighter days ahead.You are almost half way on this journey. Hang in.

:( Hope it passes quickly. Maybe get out for a walk? My favorite - put on some jumping music and sing and dance around. Get those endorphins going! Remember how much everyone here appreciates you!

You all are very precious! Thanks for all the encouragement; I am sure I will snap out of it soon. It must be hormones~
Love you all!! :grouphug:

chicagoboiler
07-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Everyone has been talking about clothes today. I have been able to shop in my closet for the most part since I have them designated by sizes. Sometimes I thought it was pure fantasy for me to get into the old sizes, but with IP it's now possible.

However, my DF has been losing like crazy and he goes to a new size each week or two. Since we are planning our wedding and extra money isn't available, we decided to go to a higher end resale shop the other day to pickup his new size for cheap, knowing it wasn't a large investment and he'd be in another size in no time. It was such a bargain and each time it's been holding him over for the next. We then also donate his big clothes at the same time to get them out of the house.

DenverGal
07-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Locopollo -- I go to integrative health in the tech center...kind of a haul. Will you let me know how you feel about Cynergy? I may be tempted to switch, if only based on location.

NewPath
07-05-2012, 01:07 PM
You all are very precious! Thanks for all the encouragement; I am sure I will snap out of it soon. It must be hormones~
Love you all!! :grouphug:

Darralyn,
You have done an amazing job. I will bet you just need either to rest, or go out for a bit. Remember, when you are moody or RAGING..you are usually losing a big chunk of fat!!!!
Hugs,
Julie

locopollo
07-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Locopollo -- I go to integrative health in the tech center...kind of a haul. Will you let me know how you feel about Cynergy? I may be tempted to switch, if only based on location.

Cynergy is at 9th & Logan next to Charlie Brown's. I'm trying to figure out how to send you a PM, but maybe I haven't been here long enough.

LindseyTradeChic
07-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Can someone tell me where I go on this site to edit my Signature?! I want to add my ticker, but can't figure it out =)

locopollo
07-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Darralyn,
You have done an amazing job. I will bet you just need either to rest, or go out for a bit. Remember, when you are moody or RAGING..you are usually losing a big chunk of fat!!!!
Hugs,
Julie

Oh, I hope this is true! LOL! Congrats on -40#. Incredible!

DanafromAustin
07-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Happy Thursday IPeeps.
Stay strong Darralyn, tomorrow is a new day. :hug:

i get the opposite - i get cold, which i think is pretty common on IP
I'm always cold since starting IP, and it's only gotten worse since losing my "fat blanket" as my husband fondly likes to call it. :)

Can someone tell me where I go on this site to edit my Signature?! I want to add my ticker, but can't figure it out =)
Lindsey, you can't get a ticker till you have 20 or more post and you have been on this site for at least 20 days.

LindseyTradeChic
07-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Ohhhh! No wonder I can't find the signature option anywhere! Thanks =)

Kaypix
07-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Praying for rain here in NW Iowa (Just a neighbor of you Kaypix,lol). It looks like it wants to rain, but that has happened before and nothing. I know we are not the only area that needs rain, so may there be lots of showers where needed. :)
I hope you guys got rain today, we had ours late last night / early AM, and I woke up this morning with like 85% humidity and 80 yuck! I walked outside and my glasses fogged over...I hate that! I'm in Sioux Falls so not too far from that IA border :D

Question for you guys: What's up with all the foam in all of the soups and drinks? Just wondering
Over exuberance when it comes to mixing can cause foam. My shakes are frequently 30% foam or more...it's kind of sad...I've read some people have a yoda-like knack for avoiding this...but I have yet to learn their super secrets.

Hip Hip Hooray!

It's been a good week. I like to weigh daily, the fluctuations don't bother me. All week I have been bouncing up and down the scale - up 1/2 a pound, down 1/2 a pound, up 1/2 a pound etc. This morning it was down a couple of pounds (I was NOT expecting that). We just have to remember that as long as we are OP this will work....sometimes your body has to play a few games with you along the way.
I've been losing all week, which ain't normal for me, I went from ... 169.8 to 168.6, 167.0, 166.6 (Monday was weigh in day)...and again I'm afraid of my scale because it'll go up one day, I know it will, and then it'll get me in a funk, dangit! Even though my weekly loss will be at least 2 lbs probably, it'll still weird me out and I'll over analyze! If I am up and down, up and down it's better than multiple days of down in a row and then one day of up...how twisted is that?

I get colder faster, maybe you get night sweats because your hydration is up and it's available to you now? Not really sure :( Hope it clears up for you, cuz those suck!

Happy Thursday IPeeps.
:hug: Darralyn don't be down! I'm sure it's just hormonal but you should be extra nice to yourself today, because you deserve it! You are an incredibly nice person and so supportive, you deserve to get it back from us in SPADES! Spades I say! (Because Clubs or Hearts are unethical and we're too broke to pay it back in Diamonds :) )
Take care sweety and I'll be looking for your post saying you've shaken off the funk!

Yep, it can happen to the best of us, take in a bit extra sodium maybe, or eat a pickle at night...they are high in potassium and sodium, it helps, it's weird, but it helps.

Kaypix
07-05-2012, 01:38 PM
So I'm having a skinny day today, looked in the mirror and thought 'dang I'm smokin'!' which is always a good feeling to have. I've noticed (not sure if anyone else has this happen) that I look at other peoples' weight and think "I can't wait until I'm down to that weight!" and then realize, I am...or have passed it. Is that normal? I just don't know. I also know that when I look into the mirror, I see "old" me, and not "new" me. I read about others having this phenomenon happening and didn't understand...well, now I do. I think it'll take a lot of time, photos and friends to convince me I'm not that person anymore.

DanafromAustin
07-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Good afternoon everyone...

Back from my WI today and I neither lost or gained anything which is good news for me since I have phased off for a a month and half till after all of my trips end in the middle of August. It's been a nice break, but I will be happy to get back to phase 1 in August to finish the job. I did lose body fat and gained muscle this week and I think upping the amount of weights I lift really helped. My coach said I didn't need to come in every week since I'm just maintaining for now, but I told her coming in every week right now keeps me accountable, and that really helps when just trying to maintain the status quo for now.

Have good Thursday.

mompattie
07-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Between taking care of 2 kids and 34 dogs I was exhausted. I was asleep before the fireworks began :coffee:

34 dogs??? Wow, no wonder you were tired!!

LOVE the spinach shake. I make sure to pull the stems off first and my ninja does a great job blending it all in.

Blech I can't drink spinach shakes, bless those of you that can! I know LizrR lives on them!

YAHOO!!! Well done!!

Congrats on getting to Acceptable!!!

The smaller clothes I had were all tossed five or six years ago. :dizzy:

I don't think I'll be losing more than another 4-5lbs so the switch to 33" pants and M shirts SHOULD tide me over for a while.

My wife commented that I was swimming in my pants yesterday so I put on my 10 year old "chores around the house" pants and she said "daaaaaang". :D

Another great perk of IP - spicing up the relationships!!!

Happy Thursday IPeeps.

HUGS hon!!! I'm feeling crappy today too, so must be hormones. I feel draggy, tired (although I slept in until 9:30!), moody, sad, kinda feel like I'm getting a heavy chest so maybe a cold settling in. I just feel blech. Gonna have a relaxing home day with the kids and see if I feel better tonight. Hugs to you girl, we will be smiling tomorrow!!! And Julie's right, it's a big chunk of fat coming off!!

Good morning from sunny Saskatchewan. NSV for me the last few days, I've had quite a few people at work ask me if I've lost weight, so that feels pretty good. As well, I think I only have one pair of shorts that fit without them falling half way down my butt. Another NSV, last night we went to one of the local sporting goods stores that was having a massive blowout sale on last years stock for our pro-football team. I ended up buying 3 large t-shirts instead of XL. That's a pretty neat feeling for sure.

Today is the start of Phase 3 for me before I go on holidays. It sure felt weird having toast this moring. I'm not sure my stomach is up for this, but we'll see how it goes.

Good luck to all with WI's today, and have a great day!

Yum toast!!! Lucky you! Enjoy your vacation and awesome success!!!

jazzfst
07-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Hello everyone! I introduced myself last week on the Southern IP users thread, but I thought I would start to join in the daily chat to keep myself accountable.

So today was my first WI, and I'm down 5.8 lbs. Yay! Even more amazing (to me, at least) is that I lost 2 inches on my waist (a problem area for me--I'm quite apple shaped and carry all of my weight in my torso). That's just crazy to me--2 inches in a week? Double yay!!

And I just want to give a big thank you to all of you who post your tips and recipes here. They have really made this first week a lot easier for me than it would have been, and I think all of your suggestions and recipes will make this diet do-able over the long term. So thank you!

Hope everyone has a great day!

MimiLee
07-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Howdy all IPers!! Had a good day OP yesterday. Went to Red Robin and watched everyone else at my table eat those "endless" steak fries. No one but my hubby and daughters know I'm on the diet so when I got strange looks from my parents, brother and sister in law about ordering no cheese on my grilled chicken salad, I just told them my tummy was a bit upset and wanted to take it easy. Watching my family eat cake and ice cream wasn't as bad either. The only thing I will do differently if I'm not close to home like yesterday is to brink a IP bar with me. I had to stop at Hy-Vee and buy a Think Skinny bar for my snack. Good day over-all.

On a "off the subject" request.....I am from a town in Iowa called Marshalltown. Last night 3 children drowned in the Iowa River which runs through Marshalltown. I am a para at one of the elementary schools in town and 2 of the children went to my school. They were brother/sister ages 7 and 9. The other child was their cousin. She was 9 also. Two weeks ago another 10 year old drowned in the river 2 miles up stream. He was a classmate of one of my girls. PLEASE say a prayer for the families.....it is so needed. Thank you.

mompattie
07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Prayers coming their way. That is sooo sad and heartbreaking. Losing a child is devastating.

paulimapi
07-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Oh God, I just got the worst scare. I thought I had eaten 2 cups of parsnip and I was like, I've done it. That has 24 carbs and I thought it was less and that it was an allowed veggie.
But thank God it wasn't parsnip, it was actually daicon radish, which is like 3 carbs a cup, not 24! Phew.
I've never eaten parsnip so I didn't know what it looked like lol

Chloe222
07-05-2012, 04:29 PM
When you say it this way, it makes sense to me. So I decided to do this as well. My signature now has the weekly WI #'s.

Hi Robag,
I think you'll really enjoy being able to track this way. Since I had to phase off for a vacation, and then get back on OP, it's interesting to look back and see what happened when with weight changes.

chicagoboiler
07-05-2012, 04:46 PM
So I'm having a skinny day today, looked in the mirror and thought 'dang I'm smokin'!' which is always a good feeling to have. I've noticed (not sure if anyone else has this happen) that I look at other peoples' weight and think "I can't wait until I'm down to that weight!" and then realize, I am...or have passed it. Is that normal? I just don't know. I also know that when I look into the mirror, I see "old" me, and not "new" me. I read about others having this phenomenon happening and didn't understand...well, now I do. I think it'll take a lot of time, photos and friends to convince me I'm not that person anymore.

Kaypix-My DF and mom make fun of me now because now that I have more confidence in myself, I think a I have a lot more days I look in the mirror and feel I look great! I think I look in the mirror on this diet more than I ever have...seeing if I think my stomach looks smaller, if my back is more smoothed out (no more back fat), and etc. I don't see my original self in mirrors, but I am in pictures. I'm more willing to be photographed, but I keep seeing the pictures and think, gee I'm still very fat...I thought I was doing so well.

coloheather
07-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Hi all you IPers. I am starting back on IP tomorrow. I lost 25 pounds in spring of 2010 and kept it off for almost 2 years with a Ph 1 reset last spring to re-jump start my pancreas and metabolism. Well, between a long vacation and no Phase 1 days over the last few months, about 12 pounds have crept back on. So I am taking charge back as of now and saying NO to the weight creep. My pants are all tight and some of the smaller ones do not fit anymore at all. I hate that feeling, and WILL NOT go back to where I was when I started 2 years ago.

I love that IP maintenance really does work, but maintenance does not mean eating whatever I want for days on end, including some of the junkiest foods known to mankind. :) Maintenance on IP DOES work, but I still have to work it. So, that's my pep talk for today.

I'm glad to see so many of you working hard the IP way! It really does work. Just do it! Let's do it together. Best to you.

Heather ;)

greeniris
07-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Hello IPers - Hot enough for you? LOL!
I had my 4th WI this morning (6 wks OP) and another 5 1/2 lbs & 5 1/2 inches gone forever!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: If my stomach would melt away a bit faster than my hips I'd be in sz 14s (I can get them on, but they are still too snug at the waist to wear all day); the 16s are all but falling off me! :o Good thing I have a belt. Went shopping today, and tried the Good Will store. Picked up 4 items for under $15 and all are suitable to wear to work :D Why spend a lot of $$$ on things you won't be wearing for very long?

Tuesday I ordered my gown to wear to my son's wedding in mid-October. The store wanted me to order the size I am now (20W - no vanity sizing in this brand!) but I ordered a 16, knowing it will still have to be taken in before the big day. If my tummy measurement is still out of whack, I'll wear 'spanx'!

Darralyn - Hope you feel better tomorrow. I too have 'down' days, but usually it only lasts a day or so.

Vovo - I have night sweats & hot flashes again since starting IP. I thought my menopause symptoms had just about ended for good, then - whomp! - they're baaaack. :fr: It's all the hormones being released from the fat cells as the fat disappears. I'm told these symptoms will eventually stop.

Mimilee - Awesome willpower! :cp::bravo:

Prayers said for the families that lost children in those drownings in Iowa. Heart-breaking...

Think I will also begin adding each WI to my signature. I like that it can help me be more accountable.

Have a good evening!

aimeed3
07-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Hi everyone!

I need all of you guys' help! I posted on another thread but figured I would come here too. I am almost in a panic mode here.

I HATE veggies. I mean most of them. Only b/c I havent tried them. Since I've been on IP I've eaten broccoli and mushrooms and I think I am starting to get burnt out. I am opened to trying new ones.

Do you guys have any advice or some quick and easy ways to get my veggies in?

Thanks

drakegirl
07-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Hi everyone!

I need all of you guys' help! I posted on another thread but figured I would come here too. I am almost in a panic mode here.

I HATE veggies. I mean most of them. Only b/c I havent tried them. Since I've been on IP I've eaten broccoli and mushrooms and I think I am starting to get burnt out. I am opened to trying new ones.

Thanks

Pickles count according to my coach - I also love sweet peppers and now they come in little snack size bags - the red peppers are my favorite - I've taken to eating them like I would an apple.

locopollo
07-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Fresh vegetables are much tastier than frozen or canned. Sounds like you might need to branch out. Have you tried jicama? It's one of my favorites.

jebaughman
07-05-2012, 08:20 PM
I use lots of celery. Cut it up and combine with a salad. I also am using a lot of cabbage. Make cole slaw and use it with mushrooms, green onions, green peppers celery etc for stir fry veggies. I also have been eating lots of radishes. Grilled asparagus is hard to beat. You can also roast green beans and cauliflower.

Sassyc1979
07-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Had my first WI today down 9.4lbs!!!!!! OMG!!!! I cried!!!!!! I know it won't be like this every week but it sure was exciting!!

Sassy

Unwaver1ng
07-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Is anyone in the Anaheim, CA area around? I will be there for a conference next week. I would love some IP friendly restaurant suggestions for the area!

Thanks,
~Jenni

usmcvet
07-05-2012, 08:40 PM
NSV we stooped at McDonald's in the way home. I ordered for the family. Black coffee and water for me. As we are sitting here my wife told me she was really proud if me earlier tonight when we stopped at Woodman's a place famous to their fried clams. There we're ten of us. I had a nice Burger. Small salad, coffee and water. It was delicious. My brother and wife both said they were impressed with me. It was actually easy. I did want a few onion rings!:dizzy:

Sassyc1979
07-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Hello everyone! I introduced myself last week on the Southern IP users thread, but I thought I would start to join in the daily chat to keep myself accountable.

So today was my first WI, and I'm down 5.8 lbs. Yay! Even more amazing (to me, at least) is that I lost 2 inches on my waist (a problem area for me--I'm quite apple shaped and carry all of my weight in my torso). That's just crazy to me--2 inches in a week? Double yay!!

And I just want to give a big thank you to all of you who post your tips and recipes here. They have really made this first week a lot easier for me than it would have been, and I think all of your suggestions and recipes will make this diet do-able over the long term. So thank you!

Hope everyone has a great day!

I lost 1.75 inches off my waist this week (first WI). Doesn't it feel good?

bttrhalf
07-05-2012, 08:44 PM
:D evening all, I'm back from montana, my 16yr drove the whole way:^:, traveling was easier than I thought it would be.
weighed in this morning W#2 down 5.4lbs and 4" gone:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:.

clinic scale:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but6/lb/197.8/145/186.4/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

home scale:
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar091/cartoonorange01/lb/197.8/145/185/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

usmcvet
07-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Is anyone in the Anaheim, CA area around? I will be there for a conference next week. I would love some IP friendly restaurant suggestions for the area!

Thanks,
~Jenni

Any steak house should work.

Tigerlvr52
07-05-2012, 09:07 PM
I broke down today with my mom. She measured me 4 days in and she measured me today. Not only was she able to use a regular measuring tape but she told me that I have lost 34 inches over my entire body. I just cried.... It is most noticable in my legs an waist. I cant wait until my lower tummy/hips shrink a few more inches so i can truely be 2sizes lower. I am so greatful for this community. Such amazing support.

Onyxmom
07-05-2012, 09:20 PM
My computer was on the fritz, so I've missed a couple of days. Got it back this afternoon after work. Feels good to be back in touch. Nine week WI today. I'm down a total of 33.2 pounds. This evening I'll be prepping for a yard sale on Saturday to get rid of all my "fat" clothes. I'm loving it!

locopollo
07-05-2012, 09:28 PM
I broke down today with my mom. She measured me 4 days in and she measured me today. Not only was she able to use a regular measuring tape but she told me that I have lost 34 inches over my entire body. I just cried.... It is most noticable in my legs an waist. I cant wait until my lower tummy/hips shrink a few more inches so i can truely be 2sizes lower. I am so greatful for this community. Such amazing support.

Fantastic! :carrot:

Sassyc1979
07-05-2012, 09:31 PM

Congrats!! 34 inches!! That's amazing!!!

Missdee18
07-05-2012, 09:43 PM

Happy Thursday Friends!!!! :hug:
I can't help it. I weighed everyday my 1st week and saw progress everyday. Gave me encouragement. I will try and not weigh so often going forward. I don't want to be disappointed when the scale goes up. I am just on my second week . Been following OP 100% This site is wonderful. 😃

swimcoachmomma
07-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Howdy all IPers!! Had a good day OP yesterday. Went to Red Robin and watched everyone else at my table eat those "endless" steak fries. No one but my hubby and daughters know I'm on the diet so when I got strange looks from my parents, brother and sister in law about ordering no cheese on my grilled chicken salad, I just told them my tummy was a bit upset and wanted to take it easy. Watching my family eat cake and ice cream wasn't as bad either. The only thing I will do differently if I'm not close to home like yesterday is to brink a IP bar with me. I had to stop at Hy-Vee and buy a Think Skinny bar for my snack. Good day over-all.

On a "off the subject" request.....I am from a town in Iowa called Marshalltown. Last night 3 children drowned in the Iowa River which runs through Marshalltown. I am a para at one of the elementary schools in town and 2 of the children went to my school. They were brother/sister ages 7 and 9. The other child was their cousin. She was 9 also. Two weeks ago another 10 year old drowned in the river 2 miles up stream. He was a classmate of one of my girls. PLEASE say a prayer for the families.....it is so needed. Thank you.

So sorry. So tragic. I just got home and read your post, but had sent up prayers when I heard it on the news. More prayers coming now...

Chloe222
07-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Hi all you IPers. I am starting back on IP tomorrow. I lost 25 pounds in spring of 2010 and kept it off for almost 2 years with a Ph 1 reset last spring to re-jump start my pancreas and metabolism. Well, between a long vacation and no Phase 1 days over the last few months, about 12 pounds have crept back on. So I am taking charge back as of now and saying NO to the weight creep. My pants are all tight and some of the smaller ones do not fit anymore at all. I hate that feeling, and WILL NOT go back to where I was when I started 2 years ago.

I love that IP maintenance really does work, but maintenance does not mean eating whatever I want for days on end, including some of the junkiest foods known to mankind. :) Maintenance on IP DOES work, but I still have to work it. So, that's my pep talk for today.

I'm glad to see so many of you working hard the IP way! It really does work. Just do it! Let's do it together. Best to you.

Heather ;)

Thanks for the pep talk!

Hi everyone!

Thanks
Try roasting 2 huge baking pans of veggies. I line pans w/ aluminum foil (easy clean up), spray pan with Pam or any cooking spray, fill a single layer w/ fresh, chunked/sliced veggies. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

What I do then is let them cool, put in food processor to make a thick puree. This is about the equivalent of 10 cups of raw veggies (as I measure it). I put 1/5 of this mixture into my daily soup to thicken it. Even though we are having hot weather, it seems that I feel fuller longer if I eat a hot meal, so soups, made w/ 12 ounces of water and thickened with veggie puree is perfect.

Roasted veggies taste for better than raw or steamed. It's easy to get them down this way, although I tend to like veggies anyway. So, for me, preparing them this way is really great.

Veggies I do this with: cauliflower, leeks (using both white and green parts), celery, green cabbage, garlic (use whole head and just squeeze roasted cloves into mixture and then puree).

NSV we stooped at McDonald's in the way home. I ordered for the family. Black coffee and water for me. As we are sitting here my wife told me she was really proud if me earlier tonight when we stopped at Woodman's a place famous to their fried clams. There we're ten of us. I had a nice Burger. Small salad, coffee and water. It was delicious. My brother and wife both said they were impressed with me. It was actually easy. I did want a few onion rings!:dizzy:

Major NSV!! Way to go!

Stefany1769
07-05-2012, 10:03 PM
I am NOT feeling well! :(:(:(

We have had somewhat rough seas today and yesterday, but nothing worse than what I have dealt with before.

Do you think that while in ketosis you are more susceptible to nausea? I took a Dramamine this morning but I am still feeling really ill....
I'm having a hard time keeping up on my water intake because of feeling ill.
I have had two bars today and yesterday just trying to settle my stomach.
Ugh! I am so close to goal I don't want this to mess me up!

Hopefully I will have reception later, although I doubt it.

Steph

mompattie
07-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Had my first WI today down 9.4lbs!!!!!! OMG!!!! I cried!!!!!! I know it won't be like this every week but it sure was exciting!!

Sassy

Way to go!!!! Awesome first WI!! Keep doing what you're doing!

You are my hero!!! So proud of you!!

Aww girl, that is amazing!! You are totally rocking this program!! You will be at your goal in no time at all!!!

Ramjet254
07-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Well, I'm done with day three of the program and I know I need to figure out a way to be better with vegetables. I like vegetables, but a wider variety would be nice. I know that will come later so I'll just be patient. Roasting them sounds like the way to go.

Looking forward to getting my counter.

Diana B
07-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Fresh vegetables are much tastier than frozen or canned. Sounds like you might need to branch out. Have you tried jicama? It's one of my favorites.

My DD made Jicama fries, they are delish, peel and cut them like potatoes, the skin is pretty thick, mix olive oil, garlic powder, pepper, actually any spice you might like, put in the oven at 450 degrees for about 40 minutes, turning a couple of times, feels like you're cheating, :devil::o:dizzy:

fam4me
07-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Hi everyone!

Thanks

A spinach salad is an easy way to get veggies in. I also make a vinegar, olive oil and splenda dressing to pour over broccoli, cauliflower to give it a different taste.

fam4me
07-05-2012, 10:55 PM

Sassy

Congrats! Isn't IP great?

Kaypix
07-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Kaypix-My DF and mom make fun of me now because now that I have more confidence in myself, I think a I have a lot more days I look in the mirror and feel I look great! I think I look in the mirror on this diet more than I ever have...seeing if I think my stomach looks smaller, if my back is more smoothed out (no more back fat), and etc. I don't see my original self in mirrors, but I am in pictures. I'm more willing to be photographed, but I keep seeing the pictures and think, gee I'm still very fat...I thought I was doing so well.
I don't see the new me normally in the mirror, but when I see pictures I'm like, holy crap I'm getting smaller...so totally opposite from you it sounds like lol!

Hi everyone!

Thanks
Spinach blended into morning shakes, frozen tri color peppers/onions made by Red Eye, roasted cauliflower, sautee bell peppers or roast them, awesome tasting, asparagus, green beans, tomatoes (twice a week on these two items).

LizRR
07-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Reposted from the help w/veggies thread:

These are a few of my favorite things...

Zucchini - I make them 3 ways, all in sweet type dishes. 1. Shredded in my crispy cereal unrestricted pancakes, 2. baked apple chips, and 3. mock baked apples <-my favorite, can turn #3 into an apple crumble w/crispy cereal or oatmeal
Cauliflower - 1. I roast w/celery & garlic, purée, and add to soups, 2. I grate and make 'fried rice', 3. just roasted with spices like popcorn
Rutabaga - rutabaga fries, hands down delicious, prefer them over turnips personally
Kale - Kale chips, when you crave that salty, crunchy texture, I think that's my fave too...
Spinach - I have this every weekday morning in my cafe mocha spinach smoothie <-hold on, that's my fave
Lettuce - ive been adding in a heart of romaine w/my spinach smoothie for more bulk, don't really eat salads anymore
Asparagus & Mushrooms - who doesn't love them grilled or cooked with just about anything
Green onions - I spray with evoo, sprinkle w/fajita seasoning and grill them....sooooo good
Rhubarb - 1. I nuke it for 5 minutes w/WF strawberry spread & eat it as is, 2. Make rhubarb upside down cake with crispy cereal <-wait, thats my fave, 3. add it to raspberry jelly
Poblano, bell pepper, jalapeño - I roast & purée with garlic for a spicy soup thickener, also stuffed peppers are good w/ground turkey
Celery - Braised celery, great recipe I found & posted using an egg white makes a creamy sauce I've been missing.
Cucumber - I julienne w/my mandoline to make 'noodles' I use with my miracle noodle Asian stirfry (wf sesame ginger, wd peanut spread, soy, fresh ginger, sriracha, cilantro), can do zucchini noodles too

Any combination of tasty sounding veggies can be roasted & puréed with some chicken broth to make a soup/sauce. And for the record...I was not a veggie eater before IP, and now I wonder why ... Because these are all delicious, even my husband, who is not (or needs to be) on IP loves the new dinner menu.

Kaypix
07-05-2012, 10:59 PM
I had my photo taken today and can see the difference from 195 down to where I was this morning: 167.0

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/Weight%20Challenges/27lbs-1.jpg

I can officially say I look thinner, for sure! I can't wait for my next 10 pound mark. Didn't really see the difference at 175, so kind of glad I skipped that picture. Now I'm all spacey so I'm all done for the night, just saying, 167 feels pretty dang good right now :D

usmcvet
07-05-2012, 11:18 PM
I had my photo taken today and can see the difference from 195 down to where I was this morning: 167.0

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/Weight%20Challenges/27lbs-1.jpg

I can officially say I look thinner, for sure! I can't wait for my next 10 pound mark. Didn't really see the difference at 175, so kind of glad I skipped that picture. Now I'm all spacey so I'm all done for the night, just saying, 167 feels pretty dang good right now :D

You look awesome!

usmcvet
07-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Awesome!!!!

Major NSV!! Way to go!

Thanks Chloe!

harleygirl59
07-05-2012, 11:27 PM
so happy in 2 months lost 31 lbs thanks again sister for getting me started also keep up the good work ya all

LizRR
07-05-2012, 11:37 PM
My DD made Jicama fries, they are delish, peel and cut them like potatoes, the skin is pretty thick, mix olive oil, garlic powder, pepper, actually any spice you might like, put in the oven at 450 degrees for about 40 minutes, turning a couple of times, feels like you're cheating, :devil::o:dizzy:

Jicama & cabbage are next on my veggie 'to-do' list. I keep making the same 20 things...lol, seriously though - I really enjoy finding out how good these veggies turnout!

You look fantastic!

mompattie
07-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Kaypix you look awesome!! I can most definately see a lot of change! Way to go!!!!!!

Longhorn Energy
07-06-2012, 12:46 AM

HOLY GUACAMOLE!!! :carrot:

CAN YOU SAY CHAPS???? :corn:

Kaypix, your looking fantastic, and thank goodness you finally took your hands out of your pockets bwahahah...If you would have had your hands in your pockets again, I would have been really concerned haha!

Porthardygurl
07-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Good Evening All!!!

Had a wonderful night with DH and DD..We had a wonderful picnic this evening in the sunshine..We went to Subway and i ordered a Roast Chicken Salad complete with pickles, onions, lettuce, yes even a little tomato and of course oil/vinegar dressing...It was scrumptious!!! Thanks so much to the person who suggested Subway..cause there salad is officially my favorite go to food now...

MrsHartz3
07-06-2012, 02:41 AM
Wow this is my first post and I am feeling a little weird about it! Anyway I have been on IP for 3weeks and had lost about 14lbs and was feeling great, then I got stuck for a couple of days and even gained a lb. I was so discouraged that I gave myself permission to cheat for 3days straight! (the holiday was my excuse) now I'm up 6lbs....6lbs in 3 days??? In need of some serious help and encouragement :(