Old 07-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Default Doubts...

So recently I've had a pretty good turn with losing weight, about 5 lbs since Friday, and I've found myself thinking more and more about my goal weight...it seems so...unattainable!

I haven't been 150 since 10th grade! I was quite pleased with my body when I was around 170 in my first two years of university and felt skinny and pretty, ****, I'd kill to look like that again. But I still had belly problems and some muffin topping going on. Apart from one brief year in 10th grade when I was very slim I have always been a little bit too heavy to wear tiny bikinis or shorts and be comfortable.

I know that my goal is still 60lbs away but I'm already doubting I can -ever- be that small! Has anyone experienced this?
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/230/165

Height: 5'9

I know how you feel. I don't remember the last time I weighed 150. I'm thinking that this is one of those things where you need to enjoy the journey leading up to the goal. Don't think about it in terms of "when I get to 150 I'll look great." Think of it in terms of "look at how I look compared to when I started. I feel great compared to when I started. I can do x more pushups compared to when I started." I know this is easier said than done but we can do it. And who knows? Maybe you'll hit 170 and feel good there and just stick. I know my goal is towards the lower end of normal; however, if my body doesn't want to lose weight and I love the way I look at 165, I'm going to stay. We'll get there eventually.
glittergation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #3  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Yes, I've felt this way before. I've been feeling it a lot lately. The advice I've gotten has been to focus on the smaller goals, and try to put that larger "150!!" out of mind at least most of the time. I imagine it helps... sometimes thinking about what it means to weigh our lowest weight, all of the great things that go along with it, and the in between from here to there, can be a bit much. Yet it is totally attainable. I haven't done it myself, but judging by the number of successful posters here, the "can I really do this" sentiment is extremely common and the over-resounding answer each and every time is "YEAH!!" So, yes, of course you can!! Just one foot in front of the other, and before you know it that time will have come.

Last edited by beautifulone; 07-04-2012 at 03:43 PM.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #4  
Feed the muscle

S/C/G: 225/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Don't change your goal weight because you think you can't get there. Because you CAN get there. Maybe now's a good time to look at some inspirational posts/pictures/pintrests/tumblrs.

You can do it!
meltaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #5  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

I know exactly how you feel. I don't remember being anything less than 160lbs and my goal weight is 30lbs less than that. Just stick with it, no matter how hard it seems right now. If you had told me 3 years ago that I'd have lost nearly 60lbs in a year I would have laughed in your face. But here I am, over halfway to my goal and 57lbs lighter, and continuing to lose.

Have faith in yourself and stick with it, no matter how "unattainable" it may seem right now. Baby steps, that's the ticket
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I know how you feel. I remember thinking that 140lbs (normal BMI for my height) was SOOOOOO tiny and I could never ever get there. I'd been overweight for most of my life, how could I ever imagine being "normal?"

As I got closer I realized that hey! I could do this! So I kept going and going and...got into the lower ranges of a normal weight for my height. Never in my life did I think I could get this small, but my body seems to settle here.

So keep going. You'll be surprised
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #7  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Don't sell yourself short too soon! Keep up exactly what you are doing to lose the weight, and keep reevaluating how you feel along the way.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #8  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

You guys are really inspiring! I am re-starting my journey (for the 100th time) and really needed this. I lost 90 pounds already, but then gained 50 back so now I'm looking to lose that 50 + another 40-50 to get to my goal! Mentally I'm ready, now I just have to get back into my running regimen and eat clean. All week I have done better each day with the calories- today I am looking to complete the whole day with no snacks or "off-plan" type eating! I really feel so focused now!
akelly728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/180.5/130

Height: 5'6"

I am feeling the same way. I've decided that I am just going to take things one day at a time. I will get through today, and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Hope this helps you too. Good Luck!
TheRainFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

Just how everyone has been saying.....KEEP GOING!!! trust me there has been many times I've wanted to give up but this morning I weighed in at 137.6 which means only 13lbs away from my goal weight it seems so attainable now!! When I started at 162lbs 125lbs seemed impossible to get there but now that I'm so close it makes me feel so damn good and like I can reach it please please PLEAAASE don't give up! The feeling you get when you're almost there will be so great! I don't know if when I get to my GW I will look how I want to look but at least I'll know I accomlished a set goal and hopefully I'll only have to work on toning and such keep your head up girl!
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Hmm your goal isn't unattainable but if you think that you can't imagine yourself in that weight range then why don't you try breaking it to smaller pieces.

When I started my change in life 2 and a half years ago doctors told me my goal had to be 70 kg. I just couldn't imagine myself being that low in weight. I mean it was half my weight! Then I thought... '"Hmm why don't I take it a piece at a time?"

So my first mini goal was 110 kg and I remember how proud I was with myself. Then it was 90kg (the lowest I ever remember myself being and feeling good with myself). At 90 kg I stopped losing weight because I was happy and needed a break. Then a few months ago, I said to myself "Maybe I should try to become 80 kg now - just to see if I like it." I have started focusing on losing once more and I might have not lost much so far but I am happy with my healthier life style now.

What I want to say is... Don't be in a hurry. Savor your trip there. Stop, take a break when you need to (but try not to gain. ) and then continue to your grander scale.

I still don't know if I will ever reach 70 kg. My parents pressure me to do so but frankly I can't imagine myself in that yet. But I can imagine myself being 80 kg so who knows?
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #12  
mya

Height: 5'4"

I'm going to second beautifulone's and preetyladyserenity's advices: take it one step at a time! Take pride in every lb/inch you manage to lose and set small goals for yourself. Like, find a cute dress or a pair of pants, old or new, that almost fits and make it your goal to make them fit well. Or plan to stay x days on plan, or walk/jog x miles in a month. Anything that seems attainable - and is - that's going to get you that much further on the right direction.
Also, don't be afraid to try new things, find healthy recipes that you actually enjoy cooking and eating, find exercise that gives you pleasure. Dieting doesn't work because it's temporary, but if you find a way of living that's healthy and feels good (instead of feeling like constant sacrifice), you can maintain it and keep the weight off. I started walking so many times and quit because it was oh so boring. Jogging is better, but I found out that I can kickbox for hours and love every minute.
The weight will come off, slowly as it does, but slow and steady wins the race. Or at least finishes it!
mya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 232/216/145

Height: 5'10''

It is absolutely attainable! Don't ever place limitations on what you can do. The human body is an incredible machine and with persistence and hard work, you will see the results you want. It takes time and it takes ALL of your heart but when you set your mind on something, the universe will not only get out of your way it will help you.

I remember thinking I could never lose weight, period. Not because I didn't understand how weight loss worked but because I thought I was some kind of anomaly. I thought I was nothing like other people who lost weight and that my body was weaker and unresponsive. The truth was that I wasn't willing to put in the work because I was afraid of failure. I've realized now that the only failure is not trying. Don't ever give up!
Mimi21 is offline   Reply With Quote