Atkins - Labor Day Challenge

View Full Version : Labor Day Challenge

rho1640
07-04-2012, 09:38 AM
So figured I would start it .. I think it works out to be 9 weeks .. So my challenge to me will be a few things - to be in "onederland" is the main one -- I will set the number to lose at 10 lbs which brings me into the 190's with a little buffer ..and to take my supplements everyday - But I also challenge myself to a few extra things - to exercise everyday with my hoop (and get better at it lol) and to plan my weekly meals better and shop better. And work up a notebook of shopping lists and menues that I can use for ideas later on .. And my ever on going challenge to drink enough water ... I'm getting much better at this one

Better jump in the shower and get ready to head out today...

ultrapeaches
07-04-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm going to complete stage one of "The New Rules Of Lifting For Women" before I leave for vacation on August 11th.

Ramra
07-04-2012, 01:42 PM
My goal is to lose 12 lbs, which should put me at 135.
I would also like to finish my RI30 DVD. I'm spending 2 weeks on each workout (there are 4 workouts).
It would also be nice to squeeze into a pair of size 6 jeans. :cloud9:

Serenity100
07-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks Rho for starting the challenge thread.

I'm in. I am keeping my goal manageable because I am away on vacay for two weeks. I managed to lose 4 lbs on the July 4th challenge. I am going to for another five lbs minimum for the LD challenge. My NSV will be to get back to planning and entering all my meals into the app.

Talk to you all when I get back.

gapeach
07-04-2012, 10:22 PM
my goal will be to lose 10lbs and to start some new exercises. I am looking into Jillian Michaels 30 day shred so that may be it, but I plan on picking something and following through when I get back from vacation (july 23). Starting weight is 141.

Good luck everyone!

aud
07-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Hiya Challengers - and thanks always to rho for starting us up and keeping us going!:carrot:

Caught up on the last few pages of July (so sorry to read the tragedy for your friends steph, anabee and i having similar issues and praying for good news for your Mom gapeach--:hug: to all!)

Not sure of my goal yet - I have primarily been maintaining my original 23-25lb loss but still cannot maintain Atkins when stressed and/or exhausted. I've got some ideas in place the last couple of days that are working so far but will be checking out anabee's book recommendation (hope on audio) and also picking up some diff meds in the morning - both hopefully will help me change this up!

Good luck All . . . want to catch all the way up and also get some clarity somewhere before posting lol . . . I do know I need to spend 99% of this Challenge in Induction.

rho1640
07-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Ugh - so not a good sign when my living room is 86F at 9 am :devil::mad::devil:
So glad I'm getting my groceries delivered today instead of going to the store fighting the crowds and the heat today.

Going to go thru some more old clothes today - I fount OLD OLD shorts and tops last time that I can wear now - some are a bit big but I don't go out in them so it will be ok - I'm talking shoulder pad old btw ... Hoping to get rid of most of the rest and maybe have a few more things that will get me thru the summer ...

I will get a hooping session in for 5 minutes this morning before it gets too hot in the house or outside ... It won't be as much as I want to do daily but I also want to be sensible in this heat.

Aud if you think it would help post daily even if it is a NSV for the day ... Or a struggle you had ... Remember this month can be a challenge of getting thru a meal or a day on plan, doing exercise, weight loss, anything ...

Sometimes staying the same during stress can be a huge victory for us... So for everyone going thru major stress now that can be your goal for right now too. I don't think we are here just to lose - if this is to be for life we need to be able to just maintain in times that are hard ... And if we do gain to be here posting so we can get back in the groove when the time comes is important too.

If its possible maybe try to make it so you do all day on plan then one meal off plan and make sure that the one meal doesn't last more than 45 minutes or an hour .. I remember reading a plan years ago (looked it up and it was the Carb Addicts diet) that you can still lose and maintain if you do that... So if anyone is going thru major stress and feels the need for reward meals with carbs that could be a way to try to contain the cravings at least - and knowing that meal is coming could help you hold off till then - I think they did say make it dinner every day ...

Ok better go throw some laundry in before it gets worse in here and do my hooping ...

TiffNeedsChange
07-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Count me in :)
My goal by Labor Day is to lose 20 pounds, and to complete at least 1 form of exercise per day.
Good luck to everyone, I hope we all surpass our own expectations!
Start weight:260

aud
07-08-2012, 12:44 AM
You've inspired me to get rid of a LOT of "stuff" since meeting on here rho . . . it's so freeing! (Is that a word?) It IS literally like having a weight lifted . . besides my own clutter/hoard/thrifty nature, I made it down to the old farmhouse and barns of several generations' accumulations and made a HUGE dent in the mess. On one hand I hate the vandals with the fire of a 1000 suns for their senseless destruction:mad: . . . but then again, it forced me into action . . . so there is that, I guess lol;):dizzy: Just like the a&e hoarders show, i kept some containers of "priceless" nostalgic things (Mom's wedding dress/"class" book/Dad's WWII and work stuff etc) and have the place ready to burn to the ground (practice for the local fire dept) That day will really be an NSV lol . . . we've got the well dug and ready to build our retirement home in the next few years on the property. Researching this idea:

http://www.makingthishome.com/2009/07/27/a-house-in-a-silo/

Isn't that cool? The bottom pic actually looks like where we are building:)

I'm really @ 234# now--was 238 when I posted but knew that was bloat so din't count it . . . I think I could lose 45#'s in 9 weeks but going to go with 40# goal . . . which would put me in the ONE's:D Maintaining since March has been good practice, but enough is enough.

Read some sample chapters of the book anabee was talking about and the info already struck a chord . . . similar to a book I read in my 20's about panic disorder, which helped me all these years. Same principle about binge eating urges > when you stop reacting to them, the brain stops sending the impulse > in a nutshell. Food for thought . . ba da da da!;)

okokok...enough babbling right? Made the bike trail after 9pm (my night shift butt had to get a light for my bike or I'd NEVER go lol) Works out in this heat tho--106 today here in MO--cool by the river and high winds kept the bugs out of my face.

No rain:(

Hope everyone is doing good--cya late tomorrow!:carrot:

rho1640
07-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Wow Aud you are incredible - I can't imagine working that hard in that heat. I got my clothes up on the bed and did a few .. I did two loads of laundry, made broccoli salad that was yummy! Made jello fluff that was yummy, cleaned the kitchen a bit and melted most of the rest of the day and it was only in the 90's here ... Today I hit the old clothes before hubs gets back tonight and needs his side of the bed :dizzy:

I also need to get up and cook some chicken wings before the temps rise ... And do my hooping before the house gets too hot. Yesterday I did 5 minutes in the morning and 5 at night - I'm doing good going in my dominant direction so I started working on going in the other direction - I figure when is better to learn than when it is all awkward to do.

Aud I LOVE the silo house. Will you use foam insulation in it? I have to go read the guys old blog who made it .. Will you have a wood stove for winter! And the in floor heating for when you aren't using the stove... Can you tell I dream about a perfect home at night when I can't sleep. I go from a white cottage near the water to renovating an old potato barn into a house .. Choices come from living on an island and in a big potato farming area lol.

Vandals should rot in **** after the torture of cleaning everything first with a toothbrush and tweezers.

Hubs is a volunteer fireman - people donating places for them to train like that is a huge help. They learn a lot from it.

Summer2010
07-08-2012, 04:18 PM
I am in for Labor Day Challenge.
CW 194.7
GW 185

Good luck to all :)

rho1640
07-09-2012, 10:07 AM
WHOO HOO it's cooler and only supposed to go up to 82 today! I swear even my coffee tastes better today :D

So how long before the boobs start firming up - if I hoop braless they get in the way .. And I need to hold them up (isn't that a funny image) ... And I realized that - ya know how you get flappy upper arms after losing a lot - I also have flappy upper legs too ... I keep telling myself to keep moisturized and maybe it will help cause I sure will never be able to have surgery for extra skin. Actually I'm a half sleeve long pants person anyway so it won't be too bad but figured i would start everyones week off with a laugh :D

Brooklynn
07-09-2012, 03:13 PM
My goal is 20 plus for labor day! I am adding p90x to my 1hr gym work out (making the mostly cardio) and training for a run in AUG. I have been struggling and I am going to bust arse! Good luck to everyone!!

ultrapeaches
07-10-2012, 09:26 AM
I have gone to the gym and lifted weights 2˝ times now, but I swear I already feel fitter. Unless I slow waaay down on the weight loss, I should be at my goal weight by labor day.

rho1640
07-10-2012, 01:15 PM
I am so loving my hooping exercise - I just went outside and did 20 minutes in the shade in my back yard ... I still suck and can only do actual Hoola hoop but I am trying to learn to go also go in the opposite direction and today I managed to put my hand inside the hoop while it was rotating lol. Baby steps .. I will go out again later and do some more - I bet as my stomach turns into more of an flat stomach it will get easier heheheh

Need to make more Jello fluff ... What flavor to try this time - maybe lemon and also lime? And tonight will be chicken breasts but haven't decided on a recipe and some fresh string beans I'm thinking of doing a par boil then sauté them in some bacon grease to finish them up .. And a little fresh beet that I roasted up yesterday - they are incredible this year so glad hubs saw them and picked them up at the farm stand ...

Brooklyn you are going to rock it! And Ultrapeaches yay ... We all need to remember as we get fitter that initially weight loss can slow as our muscles start to build and not be discouraged - but most likely things will firm up and inches will decrease so be sure to find something snug to keep trying on.

Simona
07-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Can I still join this??

My goal would be 20lb by Labour Day but I'd settle just to break this dang plateau!

And I want to get back to exercising. I'll have to take it easy because I have a hernia post gallbladder surgery but I'd like to get back to walking 60mins/day.

rho1640
07-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Can I still join this??

My goal would be 20lb by Labour Day but I'd settle just to break this dang plateau!

And I want to get back to exercising. I'll have to take it easy because I have a hernia post gallbladder surgery but I'd like to get back to walking 60mins/day.

For sure you can join and welcome!

rho1640
07-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Welcome Jez - you can do weekly weigh ins if you like - I generally just note it on my sidebar and in the trackers and count the first weigh in and the last. The main thing is just the support we get from checking in here ..

rho1640
07-11-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm doing Atkins but it has been ages since I read the book - I track my foods on Lose it and keep my carbs around 20 ... I lose slowly but it's ok - I eat super food and I figure it will be another year of losing for me to get to where I think I will end up.

My body's fighting to hold on to this weight right now but since I've lost so much I figured it would happen soon ... I just wish it had held of till I was in onederland lol. I will keep plugging along and I will get a whoosh soon I hope.

rho1640
07-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Finishing my coffe then will get up and do some hooping for exercise ... 4.5 lbs till I'm in onederland - I want it so bad! Then I'll will be working towards 100 lost at 191 but Onderland first! For some strange reason having that 1 in front seems like such a big deal to me .. I can't wait - when it happens you will all probably hear me scream no matter where you live :D:o:p

I may have jury duty next week - ugh I hate the fact that they don't say where they just say to call Friday night and it is "all of Suffolk county" I will be on here asking for ideas for lunch things to bring and also what to plan for dinners since it could be late when I get home depending on where I have to go.

rho1640
07-13-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm thinking everyone must be on vacation since the thread is so quiet - so I will just post to keep us us near the top :o

Going to a dinner at friends tonight - I figure I will have steak and hope they have regular salad in addition to the potato that I won't eat. I asked if I could bring anything thinking I could do broccoli salad or something but they said no. And I will drink tons of water since it is supposed to be around 90 today and this will be on the deck.

And planning on making salads with meats or eggs on them to take if I get called for jury duty next week .. And water do we sense a theme with the water part at least hehehe

Simona
07-13-2012, 01:00 PM
I havent been posting here because I have nothing to report yet :(

Still at a plateau but I just started Atkins so Im not too worried. And I havent been exercising because of my schedule - Im working nights for the next 3 weeks. Ugh! Im looking into buying a treadmill so I can walk indoors. Im thinking a manual one for now because it's less expensive and it's easy to store away in my room.

rho1640
07-13-2012, 03:50 PM
I havent been posting here because I have nothing to report yet :(

Still at a plateau but I just started Atkins so Im not too worried. And I havent been exercising because of my schedule - Im working nights for the next 3 weeks. Ugh! Im looking into buying a treadmill so I can walk indoors. Im thinking a manual one for now because it's less expensive and it's easy to store away in my room.

To me posting even when I have nothing to report is important just to keep me going .. I need lots to keep my enthusiasm up..

ultrapeaches
07-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Went off plan for the first time. My toddler playgroup picked peaches and berries today, and I ate a peach + a couple handfuls of blueberries and blackberries. So, uh, how bad is that?

Simona
07-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Not really bad considering what else is out there to eat. I honestly wouldnt fret too much about a bit of fruit. Berries are fairly low in carbs anyway. The peaches are high in sugar but again...it's not bread, chips, chocolate, potatoes...etc... :)

TiffNeedsChange
07-14-2012, 12:07 AM
I've been staying on plan but need to get in more exercise! Did some squats and took my son to the park yesterday. Slipped and hurt my knee a little today, hoping it doesn't swell tomorrow. Swimming it will be for the next week or two.
Glad to see everyone else is hanging in there :D

rho1640
07-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Went off plan for the first time. My toddler playgroup picked peaches and berries today, and I ate a peach + a couple handfuls of blueberries and blackberries. So, uh, how bad is that?

Better than chip or fries - I wouldn't do that often - but when peaches are at their peak of perfection locally I eat a half of one a day for the week they are perfect .. It may slow me down a bit but I'm doing this for life and I love them so moderation like that keeps me from feeling deprived .. I am a total food snob now though - if I am going to have it - it has to be perfection - not just acceptable - that is my only rule other than the amount (half for me)

Also how many carbs are you doing a day - you may have been over but just make sure today is back in that range.

TiffNeedsChange
07-14-2012, 11:59 AM
So, yesterday's weigh in was fantastic- 249.2 !!! I haven't been in the 240's in over 3 years (before I got pregnant). So happy!!!
EDIT: 248 this morning :D

rho1640
07-14-2012, 01:09 PM
So, yesterday's weigh in was fantastic- 249.2 !!! I haven't been in the 240's in over 3 years (before I got pregnant). So happy!!!
EDIT: 248 this morning :D

WHOO HOOO - those new decades all feel so great don't they!

TiffNeedsChange
07-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Oh so GREAT rho :)

For a while there I was stuck around the 260's and getting frustrated ;)

Violet73
07-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Hey everyone! I'm joining in the challenge. I see some old names from other challenges and new ones! I've done a few of these challenges before only to fall back into the terrible carbland again. I'm ready to make this change and start over and make this a lifestyle. My motivation this time is a friend who is now 129 pounds and used to be my size! So, here I am again and ready to get going!

Brooklynn
07-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi Ladies! I hope you all are doing well! I have been dieing to weigh my self all week and broke down and did it today. (I was weighing daily and that was just frustrating!!!!!) I lost 4 lbs!!!! I honestly cant believe it! I was so upset after cheating that I worked really hard at the gym as a dont do that again because this sucks and you dont want to do it again lol.

I hope you all are having success with out having to torture yourselves :) and having a nice weekend!

Violet73
07-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Yay on the 4 pounds Brooklynn! That's awesome :)

rvingprincess
07-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Hi I hope it's not to late to join the challenge, I have been on holidays for the past 2 weeks and not been able to check the board. Unfortunately I have not stayed on the diet since I was on holidays and I have gained back 7 lbs,, but I am ready to get back on track. I would like to lose 15 lbs. by Sept. I am going to do the alternative program this time as I am finding IP just too expensive. I wish everyone luck for this challenge. I guess I will have to adjust my ticker weight.:?:

rho1640
07-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Yay groceries delivered and put away... I love PeaPod no traffic no crowds and no carrying things to your car then into the house ... Yay! I'm having coffee now and will get up in a bit and vacuum seal some of the sale items I got extra of and put them in the freezer.. - my other love is my foodsaver ... Should be on the list of 10 best inventions ever I swear. :D

Hi Vi so nice to see you.. You are going to do fantastic!

Brooklyn - Whooo Hooo! 4 lbs is great I think I've done that once or twice the whole time I've been losing I would be doing a happy dance that would last for the whole day ;)

Rv welcome - it's never too late to join our challenge group - you will do great too.

Going to the club today for the best day of the year - its the lobster shoot - the members have a competition for bragging rights in the morning and the afternoon is a lobster lunch - you pay to go but someone else does the cooking and clean up so what woman wouldn't figure that is a win. And it's a LC dream - there will be non LC stuff but I won't have a problem staying away from them .. And will for sure stay away from the desserts :o

I'm in a weight down weight up weight down weight up phase lately it seems ... I know it is because I've lost so much and my body is trying to hold on but dang I so want to get into onederland I can taste it! It's only a little over 4 lbs to get there - it's taking for freaking ever I swear. Maybe when I go over that line I will have a woosh into the next decade and will be over the 100 lb lost numbers ... Trying to be patient...

Have to report to county criminal court Monday afternoon for jury selection - please please keep your fingers crossed that they dismiss me....

Violet73
07-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Welcome RV! It's good to see ya here :) I wouldn't be able to afford IP either. I can cook for my daughter and me both with doing Atkins. I just add in some things she likes such as potatoes or mac and cheese to our dinners and it works great. I'll have green beans or salad with my meat. Breakfast is always good too and I'll add in some toast for her. There really is no extra expense. The nights she just wants oatmeal or something small like a corn dog then I just eat a salad with leftover chicken or something.

Rho, what is the PeaPod? They deliver groceries to your house? Man, I would love that as I absoultely cannot stand grocery shopping. I hope you don't get selected for jury duty! ;) I've yet to be called for that.

I'm about to cook up some hamburger patties and pork chops to have for the week. I was going to do this yesterday but had a bad headache and just wanted to be lazy :)

I'm having to run to the bathroom a lot this morning. This always happens when I first get back on track with Atkins. It will all level out. I know that I'm already feeling less bloated and have no heartburn! yay!!! Hope all of you have a great Sunday :)

rho1640
07-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Rho, what is the PeaPod? They deliver groceries to your house? Man, I would love that as I absoultely cannot stand grocery shopping. I hope you don't get selected for jury duty! ;) I've yet to be called for that

Yes it is Stop and Shops delivery service - I started using it when I broke my arm a few years ago and now wouldn't give it up for anything ... I try to go to the produce store or farm stands this time of year for that stuff but the delivery of everything else is great. I would use the same or more in gas so the delivery fee doesn't matter to me and I'm happy to tip the guy bringing everything in - :D. I figure I make up the difference in not buying impulse things

Violet73
07-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Rho, that sounds awesome! I impulse buy too much. It would be worth it to do this. I just wish we had that service here in our town. It would really be a great business for someone to start.

Diet -wise, I'm doing great. I'm feeling the Atkins flu, but I'm drinking lots of water and taking my vitamins, increasing salt, and getting rest. I do have to go to the store later today though (a great day for the delivery service if it was offered). I'm waiting to weigh to see how things go..

5Ropers
07-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Hello! I would like to join the challenge if it isn't too late. I am at 195 and would love to be looking 180 in the face come Labor Day. But, for that to happen I really need to exercise regularly. That's my downfall.

Violet73
07-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Hello! I would like to join the challenge if it isn't too late. I am at 195 and would love to be looking 180 in the face come Labor Day. But, for that to happen I really need to exercise regularly. That's my downfall.

welcome :)

If you're just starting Atkins, I would wait a little while before you exercise so your body can used to the diet change :)

Harleywoman
07-17-2012, 11:35 PM
May I jump in here? I would like to lose 20 and get back into working out daily.

Violet73
07-18-2012, 01:09 AM
May I jump in here? I would like to lose 20 and get back into working out daily.

of course! Welcome! :)

20 pounds shouldn't be too hard on Atkins :)

I wish that was all I had to lose :P

rho1640
07-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Yay love all the new challengers - welcome -

crap its hot! :yikes: :blah: Did 20 minutes of hooping this morning and had to quit I will try to do it 2 more times today - I'm trying to work up to an hour in a day ideally 30 and 30 for now - and I stop and try the smaller hoop too which makes me have to work harder and faster still can't do long on it but now at least I can do some with it -- and on the bigger hoop I'm getting much better at going in both directions. Maybe I will make a smaller hoop and put some rice in it so it is weighted ... That might make it harder than the big hoop but easier than my pretty bought hoop ..

Done done done with Jury duty for 6 years hooray! Will get a check for $80 which right now should fill my car with gas - and since it used just over a quarter of a tank for the two days I guess I'm ahead of the game ..

Haven't weighed this week - have eaten more than normal (all OP just more and less than 20 carbs just more volume) and I'm drinking tons and tons of water and putting lots of salt on my food because of the heat .. and my routine was messed up enough with the jury duty that I haven't gone to the bathroom - tmi I know but it will mean I weigh more lol. ... Next week I get blood work done and see cardiologist on Friday - should be off BP meds completely by then .. Am down to the lowest dose possible and BP is averaging 100/65 sometimes 103/65 once 97/65 I felt kinda blah at that one though ... I sooo wanted to be below 200 by doctor visit and I will be close but I don't think I will make it - my body has slowed down the last few months to a crawl - I know intellectually that it needs a set point after losing so much but I was really hoping it wouldn't happen till about 189 so I was working on the numbers after 100 lost. 191.3 will be 100 gone and I am so excited for it to get here - dang it .. I'm sure it will take till September at least ..

How is everyone in the heat making out ... Sort of envious of you all in winter zones right now ... My living room with all the fans going is 90 and it's only 10:30 in the morning ...

Harleywoman
07-18-2012, 12:39 PM
of course! Welcome! :)

20 pounds shouldn't be too hard on Atkins :)

I wish that was all I had to lose :P

Violet, I actually have a little over 60 pounds total to lose. 20 will be my goal for Labor Day..

ConHop
07-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the challenge! I am on IP and have a goal to lose 20 pounds by Labor Day. I am currently at 207. This encouragement really helps me.

Harleywoman
07-18-2012, 01:00 PM
5Ropers- Me too on the exercise. I was scolded by my doc yesterday for not walking 7 days a week. I told him it's too hot to walk outside, so I use my tread when I am up to it. He said go walk at 5 am when its cool.. I laughed so loud..REALLY I do not wake till 8 am .. I am NOT getting up at 5 to walk when it's cool.

So here is a little bit about myself. I am a breast cancer survivor, having just finished treatment almost 8 weeks ago. I was diagnosed Oct 10 2011, and went through chemo, 2 surgeries, then radiation. I lost 26 pounds right before rads on medifast, only to gain it back during rads because I had to quit medifast due to my energy levels (not enough cals).

muffin65
07-18-2012, 04:37 PM
hey all,
may I join??????
I am brand spanking new and still setting up my page stuff.....

muffin65
07-18-2012, 04:38 PM
oh what a cute little egg down there in the corner....lolol too cute :)

Harleywoman
07-18-2012, 06:13 PM
oh what a cute little egg down there in the corner....lolol too cute :)

Hi Muffin!! Welcome!!

muffin65
07-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Hey Harley,
I just came from another place where they don't even let me post pm's or even on the thread they have to approve it....:(

muffin65
07-18-2012, 07:07 PM
I can't say much of anything anymore....so sorry....hope u guys don't think I am ignoring u....I just can't post much.....

Harleywoman
07-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Very odd indeed Muffin.. just don't worry about that--watr underthe bridge.

Harleywoman
07-18-2012, 07:14 PM
So yesterday I did NOT do well on plan.. and today I paid for it.. ugg poor tummy.. I am looking for vitamins that dissolve under your tongue. I am working with a naturpath to fix some absorbtion problems since chemo.

rho1640
07-18-2012, 10:11 PM
5Ropers- Me too on the exercise. I was scolded by my doc yesterday for not walking 7 days a week. I told him it's too hot to walk outside, so I use my tread when I am up to it. He said go walk at 5 am when its cool.. I laughed so loud..REALLY I do not wake till 8 am .. I am NOT getting up at 5 to walk when it's cool.

So here is a little bit about myself. I am a breast cancer survivor, having just finished treatment almost 8 weeks ago. I was diagnosed Oct 10 2011, and went through chemo, 2 surgeries, then radiation. I lost 26 pounds right before rads on medifast, only to gain it back during rads because I had to quit medifast due to my energy levels (not enough cals).

Lol on the doctor - I don't go to bed till about 2 am so 5 am wouldn't work for me either - and I'm allergic to the sun so later in the day won't happen .. I wal at the rec. center part of the year but it is a tin building and the upper level where the track is is like an oven now - so Hoola Hoop is all I'm doing now :dizzy:

I think it was more important to have the energy and strength to get thru all you went thru with the treatments etc. you will get to where you want to be you are a strong woman!

rho1640
07-18-2012, 10:13 PM
hey all,
may I join??????

The more the merrier

Harleywoman
07-18-2012, 11:08 PM
rho- hoola hoop?

carvinmom
07-19-2012, 12:43 AM
If its not to late count me in !! Id like to lose 15 pounds by sept 4, my wedding anniversary. Of course im not what i use to be but would love to get back to being healthier. I have two new knees and gained inches on my bottem from the surgery recoverys, which took a year. Now its time to get some bike riding in. So good luck to everyone im pulling for you....

Violet73
07-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Yay love all the new challengers - welcome -

crap its hot! :yikes: :blah: Did 20 minutes of hooping this morning and had to quit I will try to do it 2 more times today - I'm trying to work up to an hour in a day ideally 30 and 30 for now - and I stop and try the smaller hoop too which makes me have to work harder and faster still can't do long on it but now at least I can do some with it -- and on the bigger hoop I'm getting much better at going in both directions. Maybe I will make a smaller hoop and put some rice in it so it is weighted ... That might make it harder than the big hoop but easier than my pretty bought hoop ..

Done done done with Jury duty for 6 years hooray! Will get a check for $80 which right now should fill my car with gas - and since it used just over a quarter of a tank for the two days I guess I'm ahead of the game ..

Haven't weighed this week - have eaten more than normal (all OP just more and less than 20 carbs just more volume) and I'm drinking tons and tons of water and putting lots of salt on my food because of the heat .. and my routine was messed up enough with the jury duty that I haven't gone to the bathroom - tmi I know but it will mean I weigh more lol. ... Next week I get blood work done and see cardiologist on Friday - should be off BP meds completely by then .. Am down to the lowest dose possible and BP is averaging 100/65 sometimes 103/65 once 97/65 I felt kinda blah at that one though ... I sooo wanted to be below 200 by doctor visit and I will be close but I don't think I will make it - my body has slowed down the last few months to a crawl - I know intellectually that it needs a set point after losing so much but I was really hoping it wouldn't happen till about 189 so I was working on the numbers after 100 lost. 191.3 will be 100 gone and I am so excited for it to get here - dang it .. I'm sure it will take till September at least ..

How is everyone in the heat making out ... Sort of envious of you all in winter zones right now ... My living room with all the fans going is 90 and it's only 10:30 in the morning ...
wow! Almost 100 pounds lost? Awesome! What is this hoop? A hula hoop? I never could do that lol.... I'm ready to hit onederland myself. I know we can do this with Atkins :)
Violet, I actually have a little over 60 pounds total to lose. 20 will be my goal for Labor Day..

oops sorry :o I have about 80 to lose so I feel your pain. It shouldn't be too hard doing Atkins though :) Surviving breast cancer is a big deal! You can accomplish anything now :)

Thanks for the challenge! I am on IP and have a goal to lose 20 pounds by Labor Day. I am currently at 207. This encouragement really helps me.
Welcome! :) You're very close to onederland! :)
hey all,
may I join??????

Glad to have you join in :)

If its not to late count me in !! Id like to lose 15 pounds by sept 4, my wedding anniversary. Of course im not what i use to be but would love to get back to being healthier. I have two new knees and gained inches on my bottem from the surgery recoverys, which took a year. Now its time to get some bike riding in. So good luck to everyone im pulling for you....

Welcome :) I've seen your name before I think? Have you been on this Atkins board before? I bet your knees will be happy to get the weight off. You can do this :)

muffin65
07-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Morning all,
do we have an official weigh in day????
I am not getting any notifications in my email. Does it take a while for it to "kick in"????? Anybody know?????
Wow, I am in awe of how much weight ppl on this thread have lost already.....way to go and congrats :) U lady's rule

muffin65
07-19-2012, 10:16 AM
quick unrelated question pls.....how do u set ur siggy....I can't find it in the cp.
ty

Harleywoman
07-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Muffin, we have to wait 20 days before we can have access to that. :( It's a newbie thing. As for weigh in.. some ladies are not- but I am going to on Friday's.

rho1640
07-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Yes hula hoop :D - its fun - I will never do fancy graceful stuff like dance but I can hoop for 20 minutes at a time now - not the kiddo hoops in stores weighted hoops that are bigger. You can burn 600 calories in an hour doing it too..

I don't get notifications so I just try to remember to check in her during the day - as you can tell I sometimes forget and sometimes I'm just cranky and don't want to subject you to me lol

I don't think there is an official day to weigh or anything .. Whatever feels good to you. or an official day to report how you are doing .. It's pretty easy here..

sandyfanny
07-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Hi everyone,

Is it too late for me to join the Labor Day Challenge? I'm returning to Atkins after being off the board (and on and off Atkins) for quite a while. I've regained 13 pounds in a few months...brand new stress which I handled with all the wrong habits. This just won't do! If I can still join your challenge, I'd like to lose 10 pounds by Labor Day.

I have about 60 pounds to lose to get to goal, but I'm in it to win. This challenge can help motivate me to get started in the right direction. Thanks.

Harleywoman
07-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Welcome Sandy!! Jump right on in!!

sandyfanny
07-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Thank you, Harleywoman. I'll weigh this afternoon or tomorrow morning (maybe I should buy a scale?) and adjust my ticker to reflect current status. :)

muffin65
07-19-2012, 03:03 PM
ok Harley, thanks. Good to know

rho, hula hoop for adults ....wow sounds great...I didn't even know there were weighted ones....

sandy, welcome :)

Harleywoman
07-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Back home.. have a ton of dusting to do- having lunch right now 4 oz of sliced grilld chicken with some mashed avo on top.. delish

muffin65
07-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Oh, I forgot to post my goal, duh me.....

my goal is to at least lose 2lbs per week till I get to goal...so till labor day that would be at least 14lbs....I lost 3.75 so far....so 10.25lbs to go till labor day!!!

Since I don't have a siggy I will just have to remember and post here.....:)

muffin65
07-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Back home.. have a ton of dusting to do- having lunch right now 4 oz of sliced grilld chicken with some mashed avo on top.. delish

yummo:hun::hun:

Violet73
07-19-2012, 10:41 PM
rho, I bet hula hooping is fun! My daughter's elementary had the weighed ones and when she was in fourth grade she won second place in a contest :)

I bet it works the abs and hips very good :)

Welcome Sandy!

Harley, your dinner sounds really yummy!

Muffin, you will have a ticker before you know it! I know it's a pain to wait, but the time will fly by. Feel free to post your weights here and remind yourself how much you lost from week to week.

Tomorrow will be a week that I've been on induction and I'm not even craving sweets anymore. I'm feeling pretty good other than the frequent bathroom trips! Hope that slows down soon :P

muffin65
07-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Good Morning all,

hope everybody is well and its TGIF!!!!
Looking forward to seeing more posts for the weekend :D

Violete, ty I needed to hear that....I get frustrated easily lololl
Are u going to weigh in this morning????
Can't wait how great ur results are going to be. The first week is
always my best....with all the water gone and all....plus I feel so much better

ultrapeaches
07-20-2012, 10:13 AM
No loss this week. I'm not willing to cut calories any lower (I am eating 1800-2000 but I'm breastfeeding and started weight lifting) but I really want to lose those last 15. My husband has been stalled at 202 for 3 weeks now. What are we doing wrong? We still eat around 20 carbs a day.

rho1640
07-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Ultra you are both close to your goals so things will slow down - maybe decide to give yourself a period just to maintain where you are now ... Learning how to maintain will be a good thing in the long run - Then reassess in a month or two - it could be that you are where your body feels is where you should be ... Or your body could just need a break to catch up. That is where mine is right now - taking a break to catch up - I'm doing what I have been doing and I'm in a pause ... I know why but it's still frustrating and I have a long way to go yet.

Serenity100
07-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Hey Peeps!:) I have been away on vacation, and lots of new friendly faces have joined since I've been away. Yay!

Our ten day vacay to Northern CA was great. I did pretty well diet wise, but somethings I had to have. Such as in San Francisco, they serve delicious clam chowder in a bowl made of sour dough bread.:devil: Oh, and did you know that Irish Coffee was invented at the Buena Vista Inn in San Francisco? Had to have a couple of those too. We were in Napa too and drank I'm sure over my allotment of carbs in wine.:dizzy:

I did do tons of walking though. So after all that and being home two days of being back on plan, I am only 1.5 lbs up. I am thinking that is still water weight from all the carbs, but, heck, yes, it was worth it.:D Off to the grocery store to stock up on all of my Atkins friendly stuff.
xxoo

Harleywoman
07-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Good Morning Ladies, Weigh in day for me today, I am down 2 pounds from yesterday and 4 pounds for the week!! I have been using pool exercises daily to work the large muscles (legs, rear, and hips). I have alot of trouble with lymphedema since lymphnode removal (26 removed)- my PT told me no using my arms or chest muscles as it creates more fluid. So I just go through a lower body routine. I also read somewhere, that working the large muscle groups ups your metabolism. I can see that working as I had some HIGH carb food (pizza) this week and had a loss.

Brooklynn
07-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Rho- LOL @ the hula hoop and also bravo because I look like a epileptic child when I try to use a hula hoop lol.

Welcome muffin

wtg Harley

Peaches- For the first three weeks I was doing this with a 5 day a week hard work out I was not seeing my of a loss. Just last week and this week have I really seen anything. You have to do whats best for baby and remember that is about -500 cals a day just from bfing. try looking at what your eating.... are you getting a lot of your carbs from processed things or veggies? Do you do coffee, pop or anything like that? All of those things can play a factor in a stall. I drink coffee still but I cut out pop all together and keep the things like ranch to a very minimum.

I hope all the rest of you are doing well! I am down another 3lbs this week and wont be weighing in at my normal time because AF came to visit lol. And with her she brought the worst sweet craving ever! Needless to say after a bowl of ice cream and 100 tootsie rolls later (yeah that maybe a bit exaggerated lol) I feel like crap again and back to kicking my tale at the gym. Not sure why I do this to myself I guess I like the punishment lol but geeeeez enough is enough LOL any way I hope you all have a great week!

ConHop
07-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Lost 2 pounds this week. I was hoping for more but Vacation Bible School did me in. I was so tired, I ate a cupcake I did not even want. I will do better next week.

Violet73
07-21-2012, 02:03 AM
Muffin... Thanks! I'm going to wait a bit to weigh. Maybe I'll weigh at the two week mark :)

Ultra...what is your menu like? Sometimes it's not how many carbs, but it's what kind of carbs.

Harley...congrats on the weight loss!

Con...that's still a good loss.. :)

Hey Brooklyn and Serenity :)

Hope I didn't miss anyone. I'm doing this from memory and my memory isn't good when I'm tired;)

ConHop
07-21-2012, 06:59 AM
Thanks Violet

Serenity100
07-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Happy Saturday, peeps. Sat is my WI day. Half a pound down.:carrot: I am thrilled considering I was on vacation for two weeks and off plan. In the past, I would gain on vacation and keep on gaining because I would make poor food choices. This time, I went right back OP and am confident that I will continue to lose.

Also, no doubt about it, walking helps to drop the pounds. I looked at the weather on my phone and this week except one day, all will be in the 80's so no too hot excuses for me.

Brooklynn, Harley, Con :cp: Keep up the great job.
Ultra, keep on doing it, the lbs will drop.
Rho, almost 100 lbs you are our Rock Star!

xxoo

AnaBee
07-22-2012, 03:59 AM
Hey all! It's nice to see old and new names. I'm still away - I'm in California right now- but I'll be home soon. Omg, ive eaten badly, sooooooo many gluten free snickerdoodles! I hate to think what I weigh but I not letting it stress me. I'll save that heart attack for when I get sick, lol. I'm craving real food so getting back on track should be ok,once I re-ditch caffeine and sugar and the initial pain that entails!

Labor day is the first weekend in sept. isn't it? Lol. I have sme work to do. I'll be home end of this week.

Violet73
07-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Serenity, half a pound lost is better than half a pound gained :)

Hey AnaBee, I remember you from other challenges. :)

I'm still trucking along. I'm going to weigh next Friday. That will be two weeks I've been doing this. I've gone to the bathroom so much that surely I've lost weight LOL! My shirts are a little looser, so if anything I'm losing inches.

I have my niece's baby shower today that we are throwing for her. There will be finger foods and cake of course and punch. I'm not sure what finger foods will be there. I'm not worried. I'm going to eat ahead of time and if there is nothing there I can eat then I just won't eat there. It's really no big deal this time. In the past, I would go ahead and eat and start again tomorrow. Not this time. Maybe something has clicked in my brain finally to stay on plan. LOL! PLus, the thought of anything sweet makes me sick...

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

Violet73
07-23-2012, 08:16 AM
I had a little punch at the shower yesterday that was full of sugar. bleh... I don't think it put me out of ketosis. It was a beautiful house we were in, but there were so many windows that it was warm and I forgot to bring my bottled water. I learned my lesson on that.

My daughter is back home from the beach with her dad and our summer visitation schedule is over :carrot: I'm so glad to get back in our routine and to have her home more :) She's glad too! Soon we will have to start school clothes shopping. This summer has flown by!

How is everyone doing on their diets?

I would love to be slimmer by Fall and to wear a smaller size in blue jeans :)

Serenity100
07-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi Violet! I use jeans as my "measuring tool". lol When I started Feb 28 I wore a 16W. Now I am down to a Reg 14. I want to be a Reg 12 by Labor Day. I know I can do it if I focus. I was considering purchasing a pair of size 12 jeans as motivation, and I think I am going to do just that for motivation!

Harleywoman
07-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Morning ladies, got home last night from a 600 mmile 3 day motorcycle ride with friends. We had a great time! Maybe too much fun as the scale is up 5 pounds!! It was very very hot 100+ all three days. I chugged gatoraide all three days as well as water. I know I will drop it off this week, but dang 5 pounds grr

Summer2010
07-23-2012, 01:50 PM
I have lost .5 lb since the beginning of this challenge. I have been following my plan and I am hoping to have a big loss soon :) this yo-yoing up 2, down 2,up 1, down 1/2 is very frustrating....

It looks like some of you are doing great which is absolutely amazing......Good luck and keep on truckin'!!

AnaBee
07-23-2012, 03:42 PM
*waves at Violet*

Jeans are a great measure. They are so unforgiving, especially when just washed and dried, lol. If they fit better, you know you've lost weight/inches.

aud
07-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi All Hot as Hades here in MO . . managed to bike ride after 10pm both nites of my weekend lol . . . hope all is well and everyone is rockin?:carrot: Me? Not so much . . . still @ Maintenance Level carbs obviously - starting a nu nite week determined to Induction . . . will catch up in the Wee . . . ttyal:hug:

sandyfanny
07-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm dreading it because I haven't seen him in a while, and I've gained weight since then. He's my biggest cheerleader when I lose, and won't be happy when he sees my gain. Yikes! I'm committed to making this challenge and will be adding exercise on Thursday.

It sounds as if everyone's working hard, meeting all the challenges, big and small. Have a good week, everyone. :)

Violet73
07-24-2012, 01:00 AM
Serenity......that sounds like a really great idea and motivating thing to do. I have some skinny clothes I want to get back into. That will be a while though !

Harley....that's probably water weight. You can't gain fat that fast. I bet it comes off soon, especially the more water you drink.

Summer....do you weigh daily? Mine bounces around from day to day. I just weigh weekly or every two weeks. You can get a better overall picture that way. Also, you should pay attention to how your clothes are fitting. If they are getting looser then don't worry about the scale :)

Aud... stay cool! It's hot here too. I'm tired of triple digits. I'm ready for Fall. It's always good to get back on induction when messing up to kick start you weight loss!

Sandy....good luck at the doctor's office. I hate going too. My doc is overweight so she never hounds me about mine but I just hate going LOL!

Serenity100
07-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Another good reason to use the "jeans" test is that sometimes we get frustrated with the scale, but we are actually improving well because Atkins burns fat. So, we might only see what we consider a "small" overall loss, but the jeans zip up!:) This also works with "pencil" skirts too. I just bought a slightly too tight one in Target yesterday. Cute and great for work. I purposely chose a fall color instead of a summer bright.

NSV, met a friend for breakfast today, and it was so simple to stay OP. Told the waitress to hold the toast and potatoes even though they were included in the price, hold the OJ too. I didn't even miss them. 2 eggs and bacon, how can you go wrong. Oh and coffee with real cream.:)
xxoo

sandyfanny
07-24-2012, 05:48 PM
My doctor must've forgotten to fuss at me! The good news is I'm down a pound since last Friday, so maybe I'm going to have good results this week. Work with me, Atkins Chicks! :dizzy:

Slimmer Down Now
07-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Hey all! I kinda disappeared for awhile (was on the 4th of July challenge) but am back to normal now (housesat for over a month w/o internet etc.) ... Anyways... I stalled out for like 3-4 weeks and am just now down to my 4th goal. Slow is better than not at all!! I've been on Atkins for almost 2 months and only had 1 cheat meal (that I planned)... after which I lost 1/2 a lb. Dunno why it's such slow going for me, but I'm hanging in there.

Anyways... my goal for Labor Day will be 10 lbs. Good luck all! :)

Brooklynn
07-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Hey girls! How are you all? I have been working very hard after having cheated a couple times. However this is the most weight I have lost since I had restarted atkins 53 days ago so I am wondering if it may have something to do with it. I have went 100 miles on my trip to Fl (walking, biking, etc.) and I am just 9 lbs away from no longer being obese holy crap! I am so excited!

sandyfanny
07-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Way to Lose, Brooklyn! You and your baby are so beautiful!

Handling cravings? They come and, thankfully, will go. There's some research that says if we work through a specific craving for a couple of minutes, it will go away. It's true. I try to distract myself. The easiest way is to change locations, just moving from one room to another will work. Another way is do something else. If you're watching tv, walk outside for a few minutes or do something that keeps your hands busy...cross-stitch, scrapbook, tidy up a junk drawer, pluck your eyebrows, chat online, anything will work. A few minutes will pass, and you'll be okay.

Use visualization. Picture yourself at goal; try several different things to see what works for you. For me it's geography or activity. Hope your day is better, Jamie. :)

Wannabehealthy
07-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi! Just a lurker popping in for a comment. One local restaurant used to have a low carb breakfast and they took it off the menu. Bummer. I hate that when you ask them to hold the bread and potatoes you still pay full price. Our restaurant will substitute fruit or juice for the potatoes, but what good is that to a low carber?

Summer2010
07-25-2012, 01:50 PM
I am down 2 lbs since staring this challenge :) Finally a loss of 1.5 lbs over the last couple of days.
SW 195
CW 192.8
GW 185

Only 7.8 to go!

Serenity100
07-25-2012, 03:38 PM
My feeling is that we can't think like that. You are not going to eat the potatoes or the bread, that is your choice. I choose to tell them to keep it off so I am not tempted. I guess you can ask for a doggy bag and bring it home for someone else.
Hi! Just a lurker popping in for a comment. One local restaurant used to have a low carb breakfast and they took it off the menu. Bummer. I hate that when you ask them to hold the bread and potatoes you still pay full price. Our restaurant will substitute fruit or juice for the potatoes, but what good is that to a low carber?

Serenity100
07-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Yay Brooklynn!:bravo: Doing the happy dance for ya!:dance: All of your hard work is paying off.

Same to you Summer!:carrot:

TiffNeedsChange
07-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Slmn11- maybe as for a free coffee or iced tea in place of the juice to replace the carby food . Personally I would try to order a la carte or maybe even ask them to sub the starches with broccoli.

Harleywoman
07-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Hi Ladies! proud to say I lost the 5 pounds I retained from the weekend. Tomorrow is my official weighin for the week, I am hoping for a pound loss. Been hot all week, 104 out today. I spent most of the morning in the garden, weeding and pulling the fruits of my labor for dinner. So far 1 zuchinni and 1 grn bell pepper.

sandyfanny
07-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Congratulations, Harleywoman! Way to Lose! You're brave to go outside as hot as it is...we're looking at heat indexes of 105-115 today. Yikes!

Harleywoman
07-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks Sandy.. I was a little toasty for sure,but we have the dry heat so it's barable.
Weight in today and the scale sits at 264 :dust: I am at the original weight from last week before our trip.. I refuse to NOT lose.. So it's on again, with no road trip slip ups.

Brooklynn- you are doing so good. Way to Go

Brooklynn
07-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Ladies I almost feel like something is wrong.... but am thrilled that I am losing like this I guess I did lose this fast before but the beginning I wasnt really losing anything!42810

5Ropers
07-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Hi! I joined the challenge on the 16th and my computer went caput on the 18th. I am finally up and running again.

Everyone sounds like they are doing well! I have remained status quo, but that is my own doing.

Still keeping the eye on the prize.

sandyfanny
07-27-2012, 06:41 PM
My weigh-in day isn't until Monday. I better have lost at least a couple of pounds 'cause I've been HUNGRY this week. I think some of it is "head monster" between meals and missing SUGAR. GRRRR....This is day five for me. I think I'll take Puddin' the Giant German Shepherd for a short walk tonight around 7:30; it's too hot to live today. (105-110 with the heat index) Have a great weekend, everyone.

TiffNeedsChange
07-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Brooklyn-how much have you lost so far and recetly? Congrats on the whooshes.

2 things1. -Walden Farms sugar free Ranch dressing is terribly disgusting. I could not eat my salad. 2. Buyer beware at Sonic- their diet drinks may only be part sugar free. I usually get the diet cherry lime drink which is truly sugar free but tonight my mom accidentally got me the "diet" strawberry lime and let me tell youhave the soda is diet but the strawberry syrup is NOT I am now experiencing sugar high and hunger pangs out of this world and I only drank 1/4 of it before I realized something was off.

Brooklynn
07-28-2012, 01:48 AM
I have lost ten lbs since the 9th

sandyfanny
07-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Wow, Brooklyn! That's great! Tiff, I'm with you on the SF dressing. I've purchased several Walden Farms products and found them truly awful. So bad, I've thrown them away as in, "I'm NEVER eating that!" It really helps that many regular salad dressings have no carbs (Marie's Chunky Bleu Cheese is my favorite) or only one carb per T. (Marie's Ranch). And I make my own SF honey mustard. It's such a bummer to pay extra for a SF product and find it inedible! Have a good weekend, everyone.

TiffNeedsChange
07-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Awesome Brooklynn!
Sandyfanny- I am going to look for some Marie's on my next shopping trip, I bought Marie's Feta dressing a few weeks ago and it was was tasty. I'm thinking of e-mailing or calling Walden Farms to complain.

Dinner tonight is Linda's recipe for fried rice(cauliflower) with shrimp and leftover roast in it, it is delicious. I cooked it using the coconut oil as the cooking oil.

Y'all havea nice Saturday.

rho1640
07-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Hi a drive by post .. You are all doing great! I was the same weight *sigh* the other day but and a big BUT I am officially off BP meds and Crestor after my visit with the cardiologists :D. So even though I've been stuck for awhile things are still happening in my body - now to wait for the whoosh that should come anytime now lol ...

Summer2010
07-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Marie's creamy ranch or creamy ceasar dressings are fantastic. I have not tried blue cheese but will not give it a try...heading out to a grocery store shortly...and it is 10:30 pm....yes that's my saturday night.

Serenity100
07-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Hi a drive by post .. You are all doing great! I was the same weight *sigh* the other day but and a big BUT I am officially off BP meds and Crestor after my visit with the cardiologists :D. So even though I've been stuck for awhile things are still happening in my body - now to wait for the whoosh that should come anytime now lol ...

Whoo-Hoo Rho!:cheer2: Getting off the meds is totally awesome!

Brooklynn, anything that you are doing differently that is helping you getting such great results?

I went to a party yesterday, and there really was nothing there OP except maybe a burger without the roll. It was a potluck with so many delicious choices. I chose only 2 small portions of things which I thought were the most low carb. But then I made a boo-boo which I only realized when I got home. I drank some delicious sangria. I am sure sangria has lots of carbs, I don't even want to look it up.:dunno: Oh well, live and learn. lol My advice is that you really need to plan and bring your own plan friendly food, and think clearly before going to any event. I used to do that, but now with summer and vacation I have gotten lazy. If I am going to fit into skinny jeans, that is now way to think. lol

I enjoy reading and learning from everyone's posts. xxoo
Keep up the good work.

sandyfanny
07-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Yesterday I ate OP too...visiting at an old friend's beach house, I ate mini-cheese biscuits my friend pulled out of the oven at cocktail time. I stuck to iced tea (but it already had sugar in it - I didn't see that coming) but caved when she set a little plate of biscuits in front of me. Ate them right up. OH NO! I figure the appetizers I ate probably equalled eating a regular cheese biscuit. I don't know why I just didn't speak up and tell her I'm on Atkins again; maybe because I was in a room full of really thin people, I didn't want to be "different." That's so silly; my friend knows I have issues with my weight (Duh!) and wouldn't have been upset at all. But I came home and had a good dinner with veggies and chicken. I didn't let my lapse send me out of control. Baby steps, Atkins Chicks, baby steps. I weigh in tomorrow; I'm worried that my venture into white flour and sugar will show up on the scale. RATS!

rho1640
07-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Dinner tonight is Linda's recipe for fried rice(cauliflower) with shrimp and leftover roast in it, it is delicious. I cooked it using the coconut oil as the cooking oil.

That is on my list of things to try .. I need to look to see if I have the grater part of my food processor...

Violet73
07-30-2012, 08:33 AM
Hey guys! sorry I haven't been around! The Olympics have sucked me in as they always do! I haven't been on my laptop at all and I think it's been lonely haha!

I'm down 14 pounds since July 13 :carrot:

I find it funny that I started this on Friday the 13th LOL! I never give much thought to luck, but it's ironic that I started on an "unlucky" day and I've done so good this time :)

I also wanted to start on a Friday and not a Monday so I could do it differently and not worry about having a weekend of free food beforehand.

My goal or Labor Day is 20 pounds. I'm thinking I might actually make it! Atkins rocks!!! I have more energy and I'm even cleaning out closets! Just to clean house before was an effort. woohooo!

My sister is doing this too. She doesn't have an accurate scale at home, but her clothes are looser and that's what counts anyway ;)

A friend of mine just started it, but is having problems with Atkins flu. I told her to hang in there that it gets better.I'm not sure if she will.

Hang in there everyone! One day of cheating can set you back a few days. Don't waste those days on foods that make you feel yucky anyway. Keep going with good, clean foods that make your body burn fat :)

rho1640
07-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Vi - fantastic!! :carrot::hug::D. And any other celebratory icon you can find ... I'm seriously doing a happy dance for you.

I've been sucked in by the Olympics too - I wish they would cover all the sports in full and you could subscribe on a pay per view basis for the ones you like that aren't covered as well. We would love to see the archery and shooting sports and kayak and sailing ones in full...

Serenity100
07-30-2012, 11:09 AM
:cheer:Yay Violet. Keep on doing whatever you are doing because it seems to be working well.

I love the Olympics too. Rho you can watch all the events livestream online. Go to NBC to find out how.

rho1640
07-30-2012, 01:00 PM
:cheer:Yay Violet. Keep on doing whatever you are doing because it seems to be working well.

I love the Olympics too. Rho you can watch all the events livestream online. Go to NBC to find out how.

They still don't have great coverage unless I want to get up at around 3am for things I want to see and I don't go to bed till 2 am lol.

sandyfanny
07-30-2012, 07:59 PM
This afternoon I weighed in at my doctor's office. YAY! 3 pounds gone! The most I've ever lost in one week is 4 pounds; I'm not one of those big whoosh people (boo hiss...), but I'm glad for the loss. I'll take it for sure! Thanks for the support, everyone. And have a great week! :)

rho1640
07-30-2012, 09:19 PM
This afternoon I weighed in at my doctor's office. YAY! 3 pounds gone! The most I've ever lost in one week is 4 pounds; I'm not one of those big whoosh people (boo hiss...), but I'm glad for the loss. I'll take it for sure! Thanks for the support, everyone. And have a great week! :)

That is GREAT! Congratulations!

Violet73
07-31-2012, 08:17 AM
Thanks Rho and Serenity ! :) :) :)

Rho, I wish they would show all events in full also. The lady from the US who won in trap shooting made history by 5 consecutive medals in a row and we just got a brief look at her win. I guess they go by popularity, but I like it all.

Congrats Sandy!

rho1640
07-31-2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks Rho and Serenity ! :) :) :)

Rho, I wish they would show all events in full also. The lady from the US who won in trap shooting made history by 5 consecutive medals in a row and we just got a brief look at her win. I guess they go by popularity, but I like it all.

Congrats Sandy!

I didn't get why they don't take advantage they have cameras at all of the events and if the let people do pay per view they could make money I'm sure ..

Oh well still enjoying it .. Watching water polo now with Hun/MNE. I can't even remember what country MNE is :?: course I haven't finished a cup of coffee yet either so that could be part of it ;)

Slowly starting to lose again .. So close to onederland I can taste it! I want to get there soooooo bad.

Serenity100
08-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Rho, you can get into Wonderland:carrot: Go for it girl.

I'm loving all the women in the Olympics bringing home the gold.

Back to 100% OP. It is not easy after a slip because those cravings mess with your head. It was harder because I was home instead of working which would have taken my mind off of it. The only saving grace was that I had absolutely nothing non plan in the house. (Well hubs had hidden a cake in the basement fridge, but I didn't know about it, good thing. lol) But the cravings have passed and I don't care about the cake. miracles.

Violet73
08-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Rho, you can make it to onederland! I haven't been there 4 years and I'm ready to go back! A friend of mine told me once she reached onederland she was really motivated then. It was like a hump she had to go over.

Serenity, good for you for getting back OP! :)

I hope the others pop in and let us know how they are doing :)

rho1640
08-01-2012, 11:12 AM
serenity congrats on getting back on plan - it is more of a struggle after going off to get back into it sometimes - especially when your routine is different .. You can do it and will do great!

Vi I haven't been to onederland in decades which I think is part of why this last little bit is causing me fits ... I think my body is fighting it with everything it has... I'm hoping that once I get there it will let go of a big whoosh to make up for the time I've been stuck ;)

Hubs starts his crazy shoot month on Friday and my plan is to make buffalo chicken meatballs, spanakopita meatballs, bake up a bunch of bacon and grill up some steak and chicken - then I'm going to put in individual serving size packages and freeze - so I can take one out in the morning and make a salad and put whatever I took out on it ... So I have easy yummy food for while he is gone - I am determined to be in the 100's and make the Labor Day goal and maybe even get to 100 lost (that would be a huge stretch from what I normally lose in a month but it could happen....) maybe I'll start walking in place again plus my hooping for exercise .. Kick it all up a notch to get there....

Btw my latest obsession is avocados .. In salad, in fish tacos, tonight I might make up fajitas but have mine on a salad with avocado in it. In BLT salads, also I saw someone put an egg in it and baked it ... Filed that in the back of the brain to try someday.. With some fresh salsa doesn't that sound yummy..

Better go start laundry or hubs will be leaving with no clothes on Friday :^: and run to the store to pick up a few things before noon when it will get crazy out there...

AnaBee
08-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Hey all. I hear you on the olymics. I have to get up at 4.30pm to watch the swimming live, it's been quite a week. I'm an early bird usually but last night I had a late night and I'm really feeling it today.

I'm finally ready to re-commit. I've been struggling all year, since early December last year, really. The last month or so I haven't stressed about it, I've eaten whatever I wanted (or when I was away, whatever was available which is difficult travelling as I am very strict gluten free, I can't order a burger and throw away the bun, for example). I miss eating well.

It was good though as eating really high carb again was great to show just how awful it makes me feel. Incredibly tired, my stomach has been upset, I catch every.single.virus (suffering with the 4th this winter so far and not just head colds; they've been really full on, I could barely stand over the weekend). I'm not even worried about how much weight I've gained (A LOT) because it's only minor compared to how yucky the rest of it is.

Anyway, my goal is to be goal oriented. I will plan my meals, I will track my meals and I will evaluate how I did. I am changing how I do my grocery shopping, with a focus on broadening the range of meats and veges that I eat, and staying away being swayed by last minute temptations! (stupid supermarket right at bus stop!). I want to focus on positive behavioural changes rather than obsessing about food.

Serenity100
08-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Rho- I hear ya on the avocados. In Cali, they they put avocados on everything! We are allowed to eat avocados! I really have to focus and get some recipes together. I did buy the avocados, and now they are sitting in the fridge.

Ana- So great to see you. You can do it. You want to do it. It is not easy, but it works.

luckylindy
08-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Hey ladies...newbie here; I hope you dont mind me "popping in". I started Atkins 5 days ago and am doing quite well. Zero sweet or carb cravings, the only thing that gets me is the headaches...ugh, those are awful.

I just want to pick your brains on how much you have lost during what time frame and what your biggest challenges are. Also, how long did you stay on induction?

Congratulations on all your success thus far! I have read from page 5....on, so I find many of you inspirational. My goal is to be 180 by labor day...I think that is realistic?

rho1640
08-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Yay Ana so good to see you - and I agree sometimes we need to go off plan to remind us how bad we felt before and realize this isn't just about weight but overall healthy feelings.

I love my grocery delivery - I shop the sales and menu and I don't do impulse buys (which is why hubs hates it I think ;)) and I hit the store quickly for a few things that may not be sold on the delivery portion ... and I'm lucky to have a great produce store a mile away ... Not cheap but the stuff is always good... I spent a lot yesterday there - but I had fresh guacamole, fresh pesto, avocados, local tomatoes, red and green peppers, red onion, imported butter, and sushi for the hubs..

I've been looking at different recipes to try and ones I can make enough to either freeze some for quick meals later or have planned leftovers the next night. I have a few limits on things like the fajitas last night - can't be spicy cause hubs can't take spice... So it is more of a fajita-ish recipe but it was yummy... Lime juice (1 lime) olive oil, garlic and some cumin and marinate the steak during the day, sliced up red pepper and green pepper and 1/2 red onion sautee till tender soft, then put in dish - cooked the steak in the same fry pan cause the oil would have flared too much on my stove top grill.. I used LC tortilla and spread some guacamole on it and piled the meat and veg on that and dotted with sour cream - it was too fat to roll so I ate with knife and fork - it was so good - probably should give it a different name since it really was so much more than a fajita ... I think next time I will save the carbs and put it on lettuce - either rolled up or as a salad ... There is so much onion and peppers left I can make chicken ones this weekend too while hubs is away.. And I can throw some jalapeno in the marinade this time since he is away ..

I am loving salads with meat of some kind on them .. The various meatballs or steak or taco meat or chicken - quick and easy and filling and tasty. All the things I love :D

Anyone else have super easy recipes to share .. It will helps all make good menus up

rho1640
08-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Hey ladies...newbie here; I hope you dont mind me "popping in". I started Atkins 5 days ago and am doing quite well. Zero sweet or carb cravings, the only thing that gets me is the headaches...ugh, those are awful.

I just want to pick your brains on how much you have lost during what time frame and what your biggest challenges are. Also, how long did you stay on induction?

Congratulations on all your success thus far! I have read from page 5....on, so I find many of you inspirational. My goal is to be 180 by labor day...I think that is realistic?

Welcome keep popping in or just join in :D

I've taken about a year to lose almost 90 lbs - I am a slow loser no matter what I do and I'm 59 and menopausal .. I also have some issues that makes exercise a challenge

I still do basically still do 20 carbs a day yesterday I had the LC tortilla (which I don't do often) but my net carbs for the day was still 20 and I normally go for 20 carbs without fiber figured in ...

The goal - 15 lbs in a month is a lot ... But possible since you just started - I found I am better to chose a goal that makes me work to meet it - but not so high that if I don't make it will discourage me (so I miss by a little not a lot in other words) I figure if I make my goal that made me work I can alway set a new one or just show how much I went over it. Also get a pair of jeans or something that is too tight that you can track inches with cause sometimes you may not lose lbs but things are melting or shifting.

Oh my other tip -- for me because I had so much to lose overall I set each overall goal (not the challenge goals) at only 5 lbs away at a time - if I thought of the total I needed to lose I would have freaked and ran away ... 5 lbs is doable and always in sight... I've 5 pounded myself to this point

Summer2010
08-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Hello everyone,
I am still challenging myself to stay in the challenge :)
SW 194.7
CW 190.6 (-4.1 :))
GW 185 by Labor Day

I have been losing very sloooooow but I am determined to lose the remaining 5.6 lbs over the next month.
Good luck to all of you. You are very inspirational!!

luckylindy
08-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Thanks Rho....for the tips.

In my own personal mind, if I can lose 5 pounds in 3 weeks, Id be happy with that, so thats kinda what Im shooting for. I created an overzealous goal for labor day so that I wouldnt "Cheat" or think I could skim here or there, I am trying to follow the diet exactly. The version of the book I have is from the 90's, so I may have to check out the more recent, we'll see how things go with Saturday's weigh in. My co-workers husband coincidentally started Atkins on Monday and hopped on the scale and was down 4 pounds! I know most of it is water weight but its a nice kick start. :-)

Anyway....I think Ill stick around just to see everyones progress and it looks like you share some good meal ideas as well. Hope everyone is having a good day! Talk to you soon. :-)

p.s. - congrats Summer on the weight loss!

ultrapeaches
08-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I made pureed cauliflower with butter and a lot of salt, and it was an amazingly good substitute for mashed potatoes. Even my one year old ate it! A low carb classic that I totally recommend if you haven't tried it.

I am still stalled out at 155ish, but I'm hoping to see a lower number after my period is over. I have been pretty good about going to the gym, though, which is all I was challenging myself to do this time around, so I'm succeeding at the challenge. 9/18 Stage one workouts completed!

Serenity100
08-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Welcome Lucky Lindy and Blu :welcome2:
Many of us use this as our motivation/chit chat thread. So beside the challenge, we just talk and talk. lol Since it is a small group it is easy to manage. Who has the time to go through a bunch of threads nowadays?

Summer, I love your quote. It is sure challenging to stay on the challenge this time around. I am challenging myself not to gain any weight at this point.:dizzy:

Ultra, good for you for getting to the gym. Exercise really does help, and even if you don't lose an ounce, you end up healthier.

Rho, I have always been tempted to purchase from Peapod, but I actually enjoy food shopping. Do you live near any produce stands? Even though we are not supposed to eat corn, there is nothing like a home-grown tomato.

I ordered the book "Wheat Belly" from B&N. I already know how bad sugar is for you, but I always thought "whole grain" wheat is good for you. From what I have been reading in from the previews of this book, perhaps not.

AnaBee
08-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Thanks Serenity and Rho. And hi everyone - being here really helps to keep on track.

(BTW, has anyone seen Steph lately?)

I love my grocery delivery - I shop the sales and menu and I don't do impulse buys (which is why hubs hates it I think ;)) and I hit the store quickly for a few things that may not be sold on the delivery portion ... and I'm lucky to have a great produce store a mile away ... Not cheap but the stuff is always good... I spent a lot yesterday there - but I had fresh guacamole, fresh pesto, avocados, local tomatoes, red and green peppers, red onion, imported butter, and sushi for the hubs..

I've been looking at different recipes to try and ones I can make enough to either freeze some for quick meals later or have planned leftovers the next night. I have a few limits on things like the fajitas last night - can't be spicy cause hubs can't take spice... So it is more of a fajita-ish recipe but it was yummy... Lime juice (1 lime) olive oil, garlic and some cumin and marinate the steak during the day, sliced up red pepper and green pepper and 1/2 red onion sautee till tender soft, then put in dish - cooked the steak in the same fry pan cause the oil would have flared too much on my stove top grill.. I used LC tortilla and spread some guacamole on it and piled the meat and veg on that and dotted with sour cream - it was too fat to roll so I ate with knife and fork - it was so good - probably should give it a different name since it really was so much more than a fajita ... I think next time I will save the carbs and put it on lettuce - either rolled up or as a salad ... There is so much onion and peppers left I can make chicken ones this weekend too while hubs is away.. And I can throw some jalapeno in the marinade this time since he is away ..

I am loving salads with meat of some kind on them .. The various meatballs or steak or taco meat or chicken - quick and easy and filling and tasty. All the things I love :D

Anyone else have super easy recipes to share .. It will helps all make good menus up

The way you do your shopping is what I want to set up for me. I think it would really cut down on the impulse buying! I'm researching some vegetable delivery places, their produce should be way better than my local supermarket. I think there are ones that delivery meat too, better than supermarket.

Plus that fajita style dinner sounds delish! Thanks for the recipe. I really need to be better organised with cooking. Going home tonight to do a kitchen clean up and assessment of what I have and what I need to buy.

ETA oh and Serenity, people think it's sacrilegious to be anti wheat but I'm totally of the opinion that wheat is terrible for people, some just tolerate it slightly better. For years I've hung out on the celiac forum as well and there are SO many people who test negative to celiac who have miraculous life changing health improvements when they go gluten free. And that's gluten free and still eating crummy processed carbs. I would never, ever eat that stuff again, wholegrain or not. I'd as soon as dust rat poison on my food. Either way I'd be extremely ill.

rho1640
08-03-2012, 01:12 AM
I made pureed cauliflower with butter and a lot of salt, and it was an amazingly good substitute for mashed potatoes. Even my one year old ate it! A low carb classic that I totally recommend if you haven't tried it.

I am still stalled out at 155ish, but I'm hoping to see a lower number after my period is over. I have been pretty good about going to the gym, though, which is all I was challenging myself to do this time around, so I'm succeeding at the challenge. 9/18 Stage one workouts completed!

I think we hit stuck phases from time to time have thought about mine a lot and realized a few things -vI haven't been below this weight in decades so my body is probably trying to hold on to it - and I also think my body just needed a break from losing so much - I've started losing again - slowly but losing. So just hang in there ..

But you are doing great .. Getting the Gym challenge done is BIG

rho1640
08-03-2012, 01:25 AM
Welcome Lucky Lindy and Blu :welcome2:
Many of us use this as our motivation/chit chat thread. So beside the challenge, we just talk and talk. lol Since it is a small group it is easy to manage. Who has the time to go through a bunch of threads nowadays?

Summer, I love your quote. It is sure challenging to stay on the challenge this time around. I am challenging myself not to gain any weight at this point.:dizzy:

Ultra, good for you for getting to the gym. Exercise really does help, and even if you don't lose an ounce, you end up healthier.

Rho, I have always been tempted to purchase from Peapod, but I actually enjoy food shopping. Do you live near any produce stands? Even though we are not supposed to eat corn, there is nothing like a home-grown tomato.

I ordered the book "Wheat Belly" from B&N. I already know how bad sugar is for you, but I always thought "whole grain" wheat is good for you. From what I have been reading in from the previews of this book, perhaps not.

I love PeaPod in the winter I don't worry about ice and snow and in the summer no worries about traffic and crowds .. I still supplement with the produce store so I keep up with fresher stuff from there.... I do have lots of far stands around me - unfortunately because of the area I'm in it doesn't mean it is cheaper - and I get distressed because they are even picking tomatoes earlier so they last longer... Next year I'm figuring out straw bale gardens and how to protect it from all the deer and I will have tomatoes, cucumbers, and something else in my garden - then I can let them stay on the vine till they are perfect.

I made a mistake and went to the produce market last week at 2 in the afternoon - I swear I took my life in my hands in the parking lot. The other day I went at 10 am and it was much better :D

When I was first out of school I worked in a grocery store - I think that made it so I don't enjoy shopping .. Sitting in my chair or on my iPhone is a perfect way to shop and I can change it right up to the night before .. Which I do quite often hehehe

I just recently got "Wheat Belly" too - I haven't had a chace to read it yet though...

AnaBee
08-03-2012, 01:47 AM
It's funny Rho because I worked in a supermarket for years, all up about 10 years, about half on checkouts and half in the store's office, but I still love shopping at the supermarket. I do refuse to use the self-check option though, I'm not doing for free what I used to be paid to do!

rho1640
08-03-2012, 11:49 AM
It's funny Rho because I worked in a supermarket for years, all up about 10 years, about half on checkouts and half in the store's office, but I still love shopping at the supermarket. I do refuse to use the self-check option though, I'm not doing for free what I used to be paid to do!

:D hubs can't understand my dislike of shopping either but he also looks at it as a social thing .. Me I'm more goal oriented getting in - shopping - and getting out when I do it... BTW we are total opposites in this regard - he needs people and social interaction like people need air - me not so much hehehehe

Oh I also love that the PeaPod person brings my stuff in the house and e frozen stuff is kept in a container with dry ice so it is totally frozen when it gets to my house..

And I fell in Waldbaums and broke my shoulder and needed 2 surgeries and many many months of rehab because of water on the floor so I'm tentative because of that too... :cry:

luckylindy
08-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Hey chickadees! Happy Friday!Thanks for sharing your details, this thread definately keeps me motivated!

Today is bit tough for me, we had a huge meeting this morning and they brought in bagels, danish and brownies to get everyone through the meeting...I was successful, thennnnn....a friend of mind wanted to meet for lunch and we agreed upon Macaroni Grill....an Italian Restaurant. Another success although this was the first day that I would have considered that I "cheated". I have generally stayed away from all carbs in the realm that I "see carbs"....carbonated sodas, fruit, pasta, rice, bread, etc. I ordered stuffed lobster and clams in prociutto, all of which I can have but it did have a "slight" garlic breadcrumb count which they could not modify. According to their website, it was only 7 grams of carbs, so I think I am ok but still, a little disappointed. I also got a bowl of sausage with parm on top, that was yummy. On top of both of those challenges today....I got the dreaded TOM yesterday evening, ugh. I was suppose to weight in tomorrow but I think I am going to hold off till this "bloat" goes away. :-(

Oh, and can you guys explain to me what peapod is? Sorry, never heard of it.

So....does anyone have anything excited for the weekend? I am suppose to go to a pool party but not feeling it at the moment. Also, is there ANY alcohol you can drink on induction of Atkins? From what I read...no, but just wanted to see if anyone has any modified suggestions.

Talk to you later!

Serenity100
08-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Hi Lindy,
Peapod is a food delivery service from Stop and Shop Supermarkets, a chain in the N.E. You order the stuff online and then they deliver it to you when you want it. Pretty cool.

As for alcohol, I don't think it is allowable in induction. Something low carb such as vodka and club soda is a good choice once you are on OWL. Dry white or red wine is okay also.

AnaBee
08-04-2012, 12:22 AM
And I fell in Waldbaums and broke my shoulder and needed 2 surgeries and many many months of rehab because of water on the floor so I'm tentative because of that too... :cry:

Oh Rho, that's awful :( You poor thing. I had so many years of looking out for water on the floor, and veges (people drop lettuce and grapes, both are so slippery!) and also dropped plastic bags for produce, that I still relexively pick them up or go and fetch a manager or cleaner. It's so awful when someone is badly hurt because of something so easily preventable :(

Lindy, the pool party sounds fun! I drink vodka and soda when I'm in OWL. But it's good to remember that even if it's super low carb, booze in general can trigger carb cravings if you drink too much. It might not be a physical craving, but there's something about drinking that leads to starchy, greasy food! But I do fine with just one or two vodka and sodas. I find without having a sweet mixer that I drink less too.

rho1640
08-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Oh Rho, that's awful :( You poor thing. I had so many years of looking out for water on the floor, and veges (people drop lettuce and grapes, both are so slippery!) and also dropped plastic bags for produce, that I still relexively pick them up or go and fetch a manager or cleaner. It's so awful when someone is badly hurt because of something so easily preventable :(

Lindy, the pool party sounds fun! I drink vodka and soda when I'm in OWL. But it's good to remember that even if it's super low carb, booze in general can trigger carb cravings if you drink too much. It might not be a physical craving, but there's something about drinking that leads to starchy, greasy food! But I do fine with just one or two vodka and sodas. I find without having a sweet mixer that I drink less too.

The worst is since the stores have no responsibility they don't care .. I've told them about fruit and water and things on floors and they do nothing ... I makes me crazy .... I will never have full range of motion and will always have some shoulder pain and neded to redo where things were in my kitchen so I am passionate about people not falling ....

A few years after that (the last presidential election) going into the polls at our local high school I tripped over a lip in concrete and fell into the brick wall and broke my arm BAD and am glad to see at the last local election they fixed that. Btw my bones are good ... Ive had bone density tests etc.... Its Just the way I landed that caused both... I now walk like an old lady looking at every dip and bump and for water ... I miss the world around me :mad:

ConHop
08-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Lost 3.5 this week. Hit a total of 30 pounds.

sandyfanny
08-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Great job, Conhop! That's a loss to be proud of!

My drink of choice on Atkins: white wine spritzer - half white wine, half club soda or seltzer, wedge of lime and JUST ONE. And I know it's best if we don't drink anything alcoholic on Induction. :dizzy:

rho1640
08-04-2012, 12:31 PM

Happy dance :carrot: that is great!

globetrotter74
08-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Hello everyone thought I would drop in to see how everyone is doing.. It looks like everyone is doing great. I've still maintained my weight loss starting off with atkins and now I do more the GI Diet and calorie count as well.. so just as you guys have weight loss goals mines is to not put back on the weight and maintain the loss. Now that I'm back in the US I make it a habit to exerices at least 5 days a week. I generally cook at home but when I did go out to eat the portion sizes :yikes: are way too big I mean it is more of two portions I learned that quickly LOL..

Everyone keep on going and doing it :D

AnaBee
08-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Rho, I would've thought theyd be liable? We less litigious here I thought than is usual in the US, but my store was worried about claims if people got hurt, as well as of course injuring people. You've had some terrible luck :(

Today is my first official day back on track! Looking forward to a whoosh by next weekend. Last few days of TOM too so it should be a good one.

rho1640
08-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Hello everyone thought I would drop in to see how everyone is doing.. It looks like everyone is doing great. I've still maintained my weight loss starting off with atkins and now I do more the GI Diet and calorie count as well.. so just as you guys have weight loss goals mines is to not put back on the weight and maintain the loss. Now that I'm back in the US I make it a habit to exerices at least 5 days a week. I generally cook at home but when I did go out to eat the portion sizes :yikes: are way too big I mean it is more of two portions I learned that quickly LOL..

Everyone keep on going and doing it :D

So glad to hear from you .. You can join in with the goal being maintaining and exercise - we are pretty loose here i think in this group and the main thing is support ... Yes portions out are huge ask for doggy bags and get a few extra meals from them ;)

Rho, I would've thought theyd be liable? We less litigious here I thought than is usual in the US, but my store was worried about claims if people got hurt, as well as of course injuring people. You've had some terrible luck :(

Today is my first official day back on track! Looking forward to a whoosh by next weekend. Last few days of TOM too so it should be a good one.

No the laws have changed in the favor of stores etc now ... We tried to get medical expenses but were told "the water was clear so not their responsibility" but if the water had been dirty then it would have been "you should have seen it and avoided it". So now stores don't care at all... It is sad... And I know how often ambulances are called to the local store for exactly that kind of thing...

AnaBee
08-05-2012, 03:59 AM
That's just awful rho. Their staff are in danger too. Here OHS legislation means we all have a responsibility to make the workplace safe. And we don't have to worry about medical costs to the extent you do, though of course being off work can be a financial disaster for people. It is really sad, poor people.

I'm going to do roast chicken tonight. Wish me luck! I've never roasted a chicken before, lol.

Awesome job conhop! You'll be in the 100s soon!

Hey globe, nice to see you and good job on the maintaining. That's the hardest part!

rho1640
08-05-2012, 11:51 AM

Change you profile current weight :D.

This morning the scale was hovering it went back and forth between 200 and 199.something I was going "stay in the ones stay in the ones" and if I had gotten off the scale and peed :o I would have made it but it has to be following the same routine or it doesn't count for me so it stuck long enough to stay on 200 but tomorrow I should hit onederland and will be really really thrilled when I hit 198 cause then I know it is to stay and that daily fluctuations won't pop it back into the 2's ever again...

Maybe we will make "onederland" together ;)

AnaBee
08-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Well it's been a slow start but I'm getting there! I made an awesome quiche last night, egg, cream, bacon, cheese and some spinach. I had some for breakfast and it tided me over through to lunch time, no problem. I think the cream really helped make it taste less "eggy". I've really gone off eggs lately.

Also the roast chicken turned out great. I had some hot for dinner last night and tonight I'll pull off all the chicken for salads and then I'll boil up the bones to make soup.

Violet73
08-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Well, I had a set back, but I'm back on track. I hope everyone is doing great! I'm gonna start coming here every day to keep myself accountable! The Olympics have been keeping me occupied and I haven't been on the computer much. Unfortunately, that also means I've been snacking on foods I shouldn't be. Only I can keep myself accountable. BTW, I feel like crud from eating those horrible foods again. That should tell me how I need to keep on track if anything... Hang in there guys!

sandyfanny
08-06-2012, 10:04 AM
We can do it, Violet! Atkins is very forgiving; as soon as you get back on plan, your body starts working for you. Your quiche sounds good, Anabee. I bought ingredients for one this weekend; maybe I'll make it today. Have a great week, everyone. (Weigh in for me is this afternoon...Hmmmm....)

Serenity100
08-06-2012, 10:12 AM
:wave:Globe! Thanks for stopping by, so glad are maintaining without any issues. We miss you here, but I can understand that life get's in the way of posting. lol

Rho, Onderland! Woo-hoo! You're our Rock Star baby:carrot:

ConCop, Great Job! 30 lbs! I know it ain't easy.:broc:

Ana, Sandy, Violet, we are never giving up. What's our alternative. We will get there.:)

rho1640
08-06-2012, 10:45 AM
I've really gone off eggs lately.

Also the roast chicken turned out great. I had some hot for dinner last night and tonight I'll pull off all the chicken for salads and then I'll boil up the bones to make soup.

I get that way with eggs too..... So I take a break and then I'm ok again ...

Isn't roast chicken the BEST .... I may get a chicken and do one in the crock this week so I don't heat up the kitchen ...it's not the same as roasted but I end up with lots of quick meals from it ... I've been babying my oven and it's getting to the point it won't be long now ... I've replaced the circuit board 2 x in 20 yrs but at this point I think it's throwing good money after bad cause the fix isn't lasting more than a year and I can't stand the alarm going off when I'm done using the oven - it's going on for longer and longer each time now - yesterday I thought I might have to go into the depths of the basement and figure which fuse went to the stove to turn it off. ... Thinking about switching to gas or dual fuel but that means bringing the gas line to that side of the house ... So maybe in September the stars will line up and hubs will be home long enough to get someone in to get it done (and at the same time hook up the generator and grill to the street gas too.. If we have the guy here to do one he may as well do all at the same time right?!) in the new stove line - anyone have recommendation I know I want 5 burners ...

Well, I had a set back, but I'm back on track. I hope everyone is doing great! I'm gonna start coming here every day to keep myself accountable! The Olympics have been keeping me occupied and I haven't been on the computer much. Unfortunately, that also means I've been snacking on foods I shouldn't be. Only I can keep myself accountable. BTW, I feel like crud from eating those horrible foods again. That should tell me how I need to keep on track if anything... Hang in there guys!

Vi you can do it! I think I've made more cheese crisps during the Olympics than I have all year long ... I do one oz so it's good and I cut into 6-8 pieces to make little crisps ... That's helped me a lot maybe it could work for you too... I like cheddar the best for this .. Oh oh oh another trick I just learned ... Take pork rinds and warm them in the micro for a little bit and melt a little butter and drizzle on the warm rinds and then sprinkle with cinnamon and splenda mix - so helps with the sweet cravings...

Rho, Onderland! Woo-hoo! You're our Rock Star

Ana, Sandy, Violet, we are never giving up. What's our alternative. We will get there.:)

My body is messing with me today doing the nananananaaa dance ... Stayed exactly the same today .. I will get that 1 as a first number dang it!

And you are right we are not giving up ... We will will get there!
We will lose if we don't quit - if we quit we won't lose! ;). Trying for a play on words there that didn't work as well as I thought it would in my mind before it went thru the fingers to be typed .. It's all the fingers fault I just know it ...

luckylindy
08-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Good morning ladies!

I check out on the weekends to be with family but happy to see all the progress made in the last couple of days.

Congrats Con on the big weight loss! Thats a great number!

Rho, I made a vow that once I left the 200's I would NEVER go back. I had gotten down to 170 but put on 195 when I changed job positions, the closer I got to 200 the more scared I got and then I joined 3FC again, lol. You can do it! Onederland is just that, WONDERFUL. :-)

Ana - I am just about over the egg thing and Ive only been on atkins for a week! I may have to do some devil eggs to switch it up.

Does anyone have any good breakfast ideas? I really am not craving carbs THAT bad but ever so often I really want a waffle or pancakes. :-O Soooo....is there any good alternatives?

Ok, SO NOW I HAVE A HAPPY ANNOUNCEMENT! I am officially down 10 pounds in my first week of Atkins! Woot woot! Do not ask me how I pulled that one off because honestly, I was starting to think I put weight on with all the meat I was eating to substitute creavings, lol....I guess it being my first time around, I get nervous. I would ok if it was a pound a week moving forward, that big "woosh" was motivation for me. And what I thought was my unrealistic goal of 15 pounds by labor day, now seems posisble. yay!

Does anyone have goal objects? Short term/long term goals? My short term goal is to be at 170 by the end of the year, that is what I was when me and my bf got together. I also have a "unrealistic, but hey I can try" goal of 155 by January 17th. That is when I go on a cruise with for my birthday weekend with 8 cabins of friends and family.

Serenity100
08-06-2012, 05:34 PM
:carrot: WTG Lindy! 10 lbs the first week. Who cares if it water, it is excess water your body didn't need.
If you keep your carbs 20 until Labor Day I can see you losing the 15 lbs.

Google "Muffin in a Minute" (MIM). I found the recipe on the official Atkins site. I wouldn't start it until after you can't do induction any longer, it might slow you down. You need some ground flax seed and some cinnamon, and eggs, and a little splenda. I eat these a lot for breakfast, but I'm on OWL.

Roast chicken is the best because we are allowed to eat the skin. I also grill a large family package of individual chicken cutlets that I marinate in some carb friendly stuff. I can eat that all week with salads.

luckylindy
08-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Thanks Serenity! That recipe does look tasty, maybe next week Ill look into it, I am only doing induction until Sunday, then its onto the next phase.

One of my big items that I eat.... A LOT is naked chicken wings, tossed with butter and franks hot sauce with a small saucer of bleu cheese dressing...extra bleu cheese :-D on the side. Yum! Im kinda craving it now, lol I usually pick the meat off and throw it into a green salad too, so I get my veggies in for the day.

So, what is everyones dinner plans tonight? Im doing chicken burgers with avocado on top. Come on 530! haha

sandyfanny
08-06-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm SUPER CRANKY! I weighed this afternoon at my doctor's office, and I gained three pounds...WHAT!!! I lost three last week, but gained them this week. I thought maybe I had lost a pound or two; I'm upset because there're so many things I didn't eat that crossed my mind. I know I probably ate too much cheese, didn't drink enough water, and over-indulged on the cream cheese muffins. I also hit some sugar-free candy pretty hard. Bear with me, people, I know I'm the classic "How to Do Atkins Wrong" and Jersey Gyrl is gonna smack me in the head. And I didn't exercise...decided it's too hot (and I think it really is).

After I weighed in, it's been hard to come home and make myself a nice Atkins Induction dinner - Quiche Lorraine. I felt like forgetting it and going for drive-thru, take-out, something. But I didn't. The damn quiche is in the oven, and I guess I'll eat it for dinner. But I'm just mad and feel a little hopeless. (I know that's irrational since I didn't stick exactly to plan) But I'm still mad. Anger and disappointment are bad trigger emotions/situations for me. GRRRR!!!!! I just keep thinking, "I should've just eaten whatever I wanted if I'm going to gain..." Very destructive, very irrational. I'm getting off this board. I'm not good company.

luckylindy
08-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Aw, its ok Sandy! It happens and it is more than likely a water weight fluctuation.

Try sticking with the program 100% this week, lay off the cream cheese and cheese (only in moderation) and stick with your green veggies and healthy meats. If it means anything to you, and this may just be coincidental but anytime I eat cream cheese, I notice Im up a pound the very next day....even a little bit, its weird. But when I dont have it, Im back down to my weight before and within a couple of days, down a few more pounds.

Anyway, we all have good and bad days, but if we give up automatically on one set back, the weight will just pile back on. I mean... you dont want to start ALL over again, do you?

Do you find the low carb diet hard? Ive done weight watchers, nutrisystem, diet pills...you name it, I did it. Atkins is bar none, the EASIEST diet I have every done. So it makes it easy to stick to it. Do you have a pool where you live? Maybe you can use that as your form of exercise. That's what we do here in Florida, I also go for my walks at 630 am, so its not AS hot.

Serenity100
08-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Hi Sandy, don't be discouraged. I know I weigh three pounds heavier in the p.m. than I do in the a.m. So, you know I always weigh in the a.m. :D

Also, maybe your Dr.'s scale is calibrated differently than yours at home.

I was having some problems with water retention for no reason except some of the food I ate was very salty. Drank water with a little lemon squeezed in all day yesterday for the taste, and it turns out it works as a diuretic for me. Just sharing.

sandyfanny
08-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks, LuckyLindy and Serenity. Those are excellent suggestions. I don't have any cream cheese in the house (I ate it all!), and I'll keep it that way. I definitely need to drink water and lemon will make it taste better. I hate water. I've been all about the Crystal Light for the last week, bad plan. I'm going today to buy a bathing suit (that should be a fun trip) so I can go to aquatics exercise classes beginning on Thursday. I can get it together to walk early evening or early morning if I make myself. Thanks for the kind words, ideas and encouragement. (I ate the quiche and didn't do anything outrageous last night. I was ticked off, but didn't eat my feelings.) Baby steps.

luckylindy
08-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Atta girl Sandy! :-)

So, I *kinda* screwed up today. I was running errands during lunch and was suppose to meet a friend for a quick bite, well, I got called back to the office so I had to just grab the closest thing. This was a china buffet.

I grabbed some spareribs, some chicken and broccoli and steak and broccoli; I have to count the carbs from the broccoli but Im not sure how bad the soy type sauce they were sitting in was? I tried to drain the scoop as much as possible. I also grabbed egg foo young, things...chicken, pork and eggs in an omelet with a couple onion bites couldnt be that bad, right?

I dont know. Im so skeptical to buy anything from restaurants for potential hidden carbs. Although, I think with those selections, the carb count could be TOO bad, would it? SMH....I guess I could have picked more spareribs but I just wanted something, anything else, lol.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, its my second week of induction and I will not be weighing in until Saturday but do any of you recall how much you lost on your second week? I am numbers motivated, but not unrealistic either, so even a pound a week would be great, if possible. Is it possible?

sandyfanny
08-07-2012, 01:52 PM
In Chinese food, your enemies are sugar, lots of salt, msg, and plenty of low-quality, poor nutrition oil. That said, good for you for draining as much sauce off as you could and for making some veggie choices. In general, buffets and inexpensive restaurants depend on sugar, hidden starches, salt and cheap oils to make their food taste "good." You're smart to avoid eating out as much as possible in Induction; unless we cook it, we don't really know what's in it. I wish that weren't true; I love for someone else to cook and clean up for me.

luckylindy
08-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Strangely enough, I do not worry too much about my sodium levels for the simple fact that I drink 18 glasses of water a day and am constantly "draining" myself. If I have a high day with something like Chinese, sodium wise, Im ok with that. Im just really nervous about hidden carbs and fillers. Its one meal out of several in a 7 day period so it shouldnt kill me, I hope. ;-)

Does anyone have any good snack suggestions? Ive read the Atkins website and several forums but I always like hearing what everyone else's opinions are. I am going to try and make cheese crisps later this week. Those sounds yummy.

Linsy
08-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Luckylindy, do you like buffalo chicken? I posted a recipe for buffalo chicken dip in the "what's for dinner?" thread, I eat it with celery sticks and it's delicious! It doesn't sound too good on paper but I haven't found a single person who didn't like it once they tried it. It's a popular superbowl snack eaten with chips but easily low-carbified.

luckylindy
08-07-2012, 03:45 PM
I love that! Ill look it up. Thanks Linsy!

aud
08-08-2012, 03:29 AM
Hi Challengers - I'm still hanging in there - they've kicked up the OT here on nite shift - I've kicked up the exercise but still just maintaining (maintenance level carbs) Lovin my bike tho'! Just doin' a drive by - hope everyone is hanging in there!:carrot:

TiffNeedsChange
08-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Luckylindy- snacks that I make are usually cucumber slices w/dressing, sardines, microwave cheese crisps (cut 1 slice of DELUXE american cheese into 16 pieces and arrange on a piece of parchment paper on the microwave tray and microwave for 50-601the seconds- they puff and get crispy), cream cheese muffinsbaked kale vhips, deep fried jicama chips, deviled eggs..

Summer2010
08-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Good morning,

I am down to 188.6 as of this morning. So excited! I have not been in 180s since 2008! I am now officially below my prepregnancy weight-my son will be 3 years old next month! My Labor Day goal is just 3.6 lbs away.
Just thought I would stop by to say hello to all of you. I will have family functions this week and will not be able to frequent this board as much.
Good luck to everyone and keep on truckin'!

luckylindy
08-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Aud - Im impressed with being able to get the workouts in, the heat these days has been awful! I wont be able to work out tomorrow because I have a pretty full schedule but Ive got Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday down so Im doing well.

What is everyones exercise goals per week? A certain amount of minutes, days, calories burned? I shoot for 4 days a week for 30 minutes, not much but baby steps. I usually get 5 in so Im doing well.

Thanks for the meal ideas Tiff, they all sounds good. I need to make up some snacks during the weekend because I always seem to be short on time during the week. I havent cheated, but still. Something I ate last night and the night before is a quarter block of philadelphia cream cheese with frozen, splenda sweetend heavy whip cream - taste JUST like cheesecake. I need to read up on how much cream cheese I can have, does anyone know off the top of their head?

Summer - congrats on your milestone! That is AWESOME! I cannot remember what my pre-pregnancy weight was because well, that was 12 years ago, lol, and I really didnt have weight problems before I had my daughter - pffft, kids, haha - j/k. How much weight was that from the last time you weighed in? Are you consistantly losing weight? Have you stalled?

Im really afraid with my 10 pounds "whoosh" that I might not have a good week this week. I also seem to be A LOT more hungry than my last week so Im eating like a trucker, still eating Atkins but eating like a trucker, lol. Its also showing in my clothes. Nothing is loose, it still feels snug. How much did you guys lose before seeing changes in your clothing?

Serenity100
08-08-2012, 12:18 PM
:carrot:Woo-Hoo Summer! Keep up the great work.

Aud, great to see you! Hanging in there is awesome, better than throwing in the towel. :)

Lindy, I try to avoid snacks, because that it my problem. But around 3-4 I find I need a little something to hold me over to dinner. Celery with cream cheese, or some almonds are my usual go to snack. I also keep cheese sticks on hand for this.

luckylindy
08-08-2012, 03:25 PM
I would say today is my toughest day since starting this weight loss program a week and a half ago. Not a "Im gonna give up day" but just a "I want to go to sleep and be done with today". I feel very tired and dizzy. I believe this is a result of me drinking a cup of black coffee, of which, I am not a coffee drinker at all but I was hoping it would held as a ahem, "dieretic".

Im also extremely hungry and did not pack any snacks today in my moment of daze this morning. Just struggling all together. I have a job interview tomorrow for a part time job, fingers crossed. I wouldnt be heart broken if I didnt get it because Im kinda afraid of trying to work 2 jobs while taking care of a family of 5 but my DBF was laid off and we are tight on money and this is only a seasonal job for Halloween, so I figure...Hey, I can do this for 6 weeks - I think. :-? lol

sandyfanny
08-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Good luck, Luckylindy, on your job interview. Coffee is, indeed, a diuretic but it can be hard on an empty stomach if you're not used to drinking it. Cream cheese is cheese on Atkins - maximum 4 oz. per day. I'm a big fan of 8 oz. cream cheese whipped with 1/4 c. heavy cream, 1/4 tsp. lemon extract and 2 T. Truvia or Splenda, a little freshly-grated lemon rind if you have a lemon. Chill and enjoy! I'm trying to cut way back on the cream cheese, but it's so delicious this way! If I eat it, I'm not eating cheese at any other time that day. It's hard 'cause I've always been a cheese freak. Two favorites: Havarti Cheese w/Dill and Havarti Cheese w/Jalapenos - they're so flavorful, you don't need but a little to feel as if you've had a treat.

Linsy, I'm going to post your yummy recipe on the "Recipes from 'What's for Dinner'" thread, so we can all enjoy.

aud
08-08-2012, 06:44 PM
My goal is to remain on Induction . . . been strict since Friday so waiting on the Whooooosh!:carrot:

sandyfanny
08-08-2012, 07:57 PM
I started my "jump around in the pool" classes today. Really, it's a fusion of yoga and some very low impact aerobic exercise. I've made a promise to myself to either walk me and my giant German Shepherd or go to "jump around the pool" every day. Hey, it's better than sitting on me arse all day, right?

Serenity100
08-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Hi guys. Yesterday I received very bad news. A good friend, 52 years young passed away in his sleep. I turned to the only thing I know how to cope, eating ice cream. It is a compulsion and is something I have to continue to work on. But being the whack job that I am, when I was in the store thinking about the ice cream I told myself if I bought the "sugar free" it wouldn't be so bad. Sad for my friend. Sad for myself for not having additional coping mechanisms. We have to work on that. Has anyone have any success in changing compulsive thoughts towards food?

luckylindy
08-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Sandy - thanks for the yummy dessert recipe, Ill have to try that tonight. I eat cream cheese every evening with some splenda, so that will add a little more flavor. I LOVE your exercise goals, they actually sound like fun.

Aud - is your weigh in day tomorrow since you've been on it for a week?

Serenity - so sorry about your friend! I have not had to deal with any "hurdles" YET while I have been on the diet so I unfortunately do not have any good recommendations. Yesterday, I was tired and cranky and even though I exceeded my cheese count for the day, I had some cream cheese and splenda (taste like cheese cake) for dessert. So although I went over my cheese allowance, I didnt totally go off program.

I have to say....this is my second week on induction and I feel the first week was a lot easier. I also feel really tired for some reason, I'm not liking it one bit. I did make one little "promise" to myself. Do not go off this change of eating until you have removed all Atkins type foods from the house, and then I just keep buying them. So...its a little mind game with myself, lol.

On a super positive note...I GOT THE JOB. Its actually a second job for me because my other half was laid off but its a night job, so it will help bring in extra money. The double edge sword....I BETTER take off some weight in the next month because I am...duh, duh, duh...a shot girl at Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights.

Anyway, I just finished lunch and polished off more meat than I would like to admit to - half a pound of brisket - YIKES! But, my belly is full and I dont feel like going on a binge of stuff I cant have, so thats always good, lol.

sandyfanny
08-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Serenity, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Those kinds of losses are so difficult because they seem to come out of nowhere. I completely understand the compulsion to eat...especially ice cream. That's how I gained 14 pounds in about three months. The best way for me to stop the compulsive food thoughts isn't original or exciting; it's DO something. Anything, go outside and sweep your steps, call somebody, clean out your junk drawer, rearrange your closet, go for a ride. There's some research about compulsive thoughts only lasting about four minutes if you divert yourself. I'm thinking of you.

Luckylindy, good for you. Even if I eat too much, I feel better if I'm eating Atkins' food. Until I can get myself under control, that's still much better than eating off plan. The good news is if you stay on plan for a while, how long varies, your appetite drops and it's not even interesting to eat a half pound of anything. So go with it; just stay on plan and you'll be fine.

Congratulations on getting your job. You're so cute, you'll make lots of $$ in tips! I used to bartend in the summer - excellent $$$!!!

sandyfanny
08-10-2012, 12:42 PM
These tips are from Aug. 8 "Hungry Girl" e-mail newsletter. I need to tatoo them on my hands! Evening snacking is probably my worst eating behavior.

Try doing an activity that'll keep your hands busy. Take up knitting, paint your nails... anything! Better yet, get out of the house; go someplace where a pantry full of food won't be staring at you. Take a walk with a pal, go window-shopping at the mall (but stay out of the food court!), or hit the park with that book you've been meaning to read.
Brush your teeth, rinse with mouthwash, or pop a piece of sugar-free mint gum. Those chips and cookies will be a lot less appealing when you've got a minty-fresh mouth!
Quench your thirst. Sipping on something could distract you from feeling like you wanna eat. Go for sugar-free iced tea, an iced coffee (stick with guilt-free add-ins!), or plain old H2O... with lots of crushed ice!
Gotta chomp on something? Sugar-free hard candies and lollipops will keep your mouth busy for a while without racking up too many calories. If you want something more "snacky," 94% fat-free popcorn is a good choice, with just about 20 calories per cup. And keep cut veggies and salsa in the fridge at all times.
Don't keep your trigger foods on hand. If you know that certain foods are triggers for you, meaning they typically send you into an eating frenzy, try to avoid buying them in the first place -- out of sight, out of mind (and mouth). At the very least, look for pre-portioned options. It's a lot easier to stop after one 100-calorie pack of cookies than it is to stop when you eat straight from a big box or bag.
Last but not least? Keep a food journal. If you hold yourself accountable for all that extra snacking, you might become a lot less likely to mindlessly munch.

luckylindy
08-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Sandy - thanks for the compliment. :-D and even more so, thanks for the tricks. I think I will have to really work on brushing my teeth 200 times a day, lol. I seriously NEVER want to eat if I brush my teeth, I just like the way my mouth feels and hate the way everything else taste thereafter, so that will be something I try this weekend...and in the meantime....get sparkly white teeth. :-)

rho1640
08-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Oh Serenity I'm so sorry to hear of the loss your friend ....way too young ...

Lindy I've been brushing my teeth a lot this week too... Last night was because my dinner was so yummy I wanted more even though I was full. So I kept going in and brushing lol.

I'm stuck and frustrated ... Which is why I haven't posted much - I'm cranky :mad::dizzy:

ConHop
08-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Lost another 2 pounds this week. I am so excited I have reached ONEDERLAND!! My original goal was to lose 10 pounds by Labor Day,
I have now changed it to 15.

rho1640
08-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Lost another 2 pounds this week. I am so excited I have reached ONEDERLAND!! My original goal was to lose 10 pounds by Labor Day,
I have now changed it to 15.

Oh YAY. We did. It the same day! :carrot::D:carrot: you have to change the number in your profile - that was so satisfying for me!

AnaBee
08-12-2012, 03:25 AM
Serenity, I am so sorry for your loss :( That's way too young.

Congratulations Rho and ConHop!!!!! Awesome guys!

sandyfanny
08-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Congratulations, Rho and Conhop! Onederland is huge progress. I'm excited for you guys!

I'm not going to make the Labor Day Challenge. No how, no way. Too much cheese, too little water, too much Splenda. I weigh tomorrow, but I don't expect a loss. I sure don't feel lighter.

On a much more positive note, I'm not giving up; I'm going to continue to work on living the Atkins' plan. And I met my exercise goals this week; Wednesday and Thursday were water aerobics days, and Friday, Saturday and today I've walked Puddin' and myself twice each day. They're short walks (15-20 min.) but it's better than doing nothing. I'll increase the time as I'm able and the weather gets a little cooler and less humid.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

rho1640
08-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Congratulations, Rho and Conhop! Onederland is huge progress. I'm excited for you guys!

I'm not going to make the Labor Day Challenge. No how, no way. Too much cheese, too little water, too much Splenda. I weigh tomorrow, but I don't expect a loss. I sure don't feel lighter.

On a much more positive note, I'm not giving up; I'm going to continue to work on living the Atkins' plan. And I met my exercise goals this week; Wednesday and Thursday were water aerobics days, and Friday, Saturday and today I've walked Puddin' and myself twice each day. They're short walks (15-20 min.) but it's better than doing nothing. I'll increase the time as I'm able and the weather gets a little cooler and less humid.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Thanks - now if I can get it back to stick right now it's doing the up a couple ounces down a couple ounces thing now so I hover .. But the next drop will get me out of that hovering range ... I know the way it works .. Lose - hover up and down for awhile lose - hover up and down lose ... So I'm only a little annoyed that it goes up and down right now..

I started a 1,000 day exercise challenge for myself with the only stipulation being that I must do 10 minutes of whatever I'm doing that day... I can't wait for it to get cooler so I can get back to the rec. center to use the indoor track and walk again in addition to my hooping (main choice now) ... So far I've done it everyday .. Even though sometimes I'm doing it at 11:45 at night .. The heat has been brutal and that's when the house is a little cooler ..

Adjust your goal down to what you think you will make so you still have something to shoot for ... We are pretty easy in here - the main thing isthe encouragement ... Making the goal for challenges slightly challenging yet attainable is what I do - if I have a great month I can add to it or I can let it go by and show how much over I went ... I know I average out to about 5 lbs a month (normally) so that is about what I shoot for as an example ...

luckylindy
08-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Good afternoon chickadees!

COngrats Rohn and Con on your weight loss! Did you stick to the plan 100% in order to see those number drops?

Sandy...why dont you just modify your goal, maybe 5 pounds by labor day? That seems reasonable with 3 and a half weeks left? Its great that you are at least getting in the exercise!

An update on my progress, I didnt lose any weight this week. My weigh in date is on Saturday's and my weight on Saturday was still 186. I weighed in today and I was up 2 pounds....188 but I'm not recording it because it is likely water weight and its not an official way in day. I felt bloated so I felt the need to check on myself. I also cheated yesterday. :-( On a "normal" diet, cheating can be forgiven, on Atkins, I throw my body out of ketosis and it takes DAYS to get back to ketosis so Im really frustrated with myself over that. Nothing I can do about it except keep watching what I am eating.

Feeling tired and lethargic, likely from the sugar high I had yesterday, so I just want to get through this day and go home and relax.

Let me ask you all - when you do "slip up" on Atkins does it reflect your weight loss for that week? Meaning...should I not expect to see the scale change at all on Saturday or do you think I have time to rebound to my "ooops". I know everyone is not the same, I am just trying to get feelers on what I might expect.

AnaBee
08-13-2012, 10:04 PM
luckylindy, I find it varies. Sometimes I bounce back super fast but other times one slip can be really hard to recover from. Keep a close eye on your carbs for a few days and that should really help. Bear in mind that where you are in the month could make it harder/easier.

So, I finally updated my stats. Stress before my trip, my trip and then being unable to reign myself in again for a few weeks and I gained about 13 pounds in 2 months. And people say you gained slow so you'll lose slow, agh, no, I can gain so fast! Stupid insulin resistance, stupid pcos. But it's so hard to eat gluten free when travelling with no refrigerator so I'm not completely annoyed with choices I made, but I didn't need to lay into the sugar as I did. And I should've eaten better sooner after I got home.

I've also adjusted my goal weight because I had a DEXA scan and it was really interesting, I have a lot of lean body mass (and plenty of fat, lol!). He used the numbers to work out what I should weigh and adding on the healthy fat percentages, he thought I should be looking at a weight of 150-160 rather than 130. We played around with the numbers a bit after I told him I used to be 130 (and was around 138 right up until I started gaining weight aged 23) and he said my lean body mass was probably way low in those days and he wouldn't recommend me losing body mass to get back there. So I'm curious now as to what I'll look like at 160 and go from there.

Back in ketosis now and work feeling so much more clear headed than I have been. It's nice feeling the health aspects of this way of life.

rho1640
08-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Morning all ... How about we all just check in with how we feel we are doing with our challenges - and maybe re-adjust some of them if needed.. I want everyone to feel good about themselves at the end of a challenge not that they have fallen short of a goal they made .. Our bodies don't work like machines and we slow up occasionally despite doing everything right and sometimes life jumps up and throws us a curve and sometimes we are just human ...

I'm doing pretty good on my challenges ... The one I'm most proud of is I'm on day 12 of my 1,000 day of exercise challenge and have done my minimum every day.. I'm good on my water challenge (probably because it has been so stinkin hot) and the beginning wasn't so good on my vitamins but now I'm doing much better - I THINK I will make my weight goal.. Had a long stuck in there but now the numbers are going down ever so slowly when they go down but it may happen.

Yesterday got up at 2 am left with hubs at 2:30 to get him to airport for his trip .... As I've mentioned he is a competitive shooter and is out at an international shoot in Illinois .. Well the stress of the day - other than the early morning - was the guns didn't get on the plane .. Were sent later in the day to Chicago and were to be delivered to the hotel by 12:30 last night - got a notice that they were delivered at 9:30 - ummm no they weren't ... Finally delivered at 1:45am Chicago time ... The weird thing for me was instead of going into full force eating mode from stress I couldn't eat .. Managed a hamburger with chopped up cooked bacon mixed into it and a 1/4 of a sliced tomato and half an avocado sliced (trying to up the fat at least).

Lindy - I bet some of your weight this week is from your body adjusting to you being on your feet more and a change in water consumptions along with the little Off plan food ... Just work to make it thru a day or an hour or a minute on plan if you have to and just hang in it will catch up and happen...

I think the whole of the year I've been doing this I may have checked my ketosis maybe 4 times - I have never seen more than a trace on the little sticks ... My advice to people is don't stress about the color of the strips just try to do one day at a time on Plan and it will work ... You will hit slowdowns and stucks but just keep working it ... if we go off plan because of life or because of stress or because we are human just take it one day at a time and get back in the groove..

I do track my food using Lose It and can check my carbs for the day and know about how much I'm usually eating when I'm losing .. I've tried shaking things up during my stuck .... Eating the same carbs but upping my fat and calories on purpose for a few days during the week .. It seems to have helped a little to get things going again....

I really want this to be a plan that will be doable and natural when I get to whatever my end goal is - it's subject to change ... It's set for 140's now but I'm trying to be realistic and do realize I'm older now and it may not be realistic to go for what I was in my 20's... thanks AnaBee for the reminder of that... I will see what my body decides .... If it is higher I will change it - but I do admit my plan is to maintain at whatever number my set point seems to be for awhile then try to lose a little bit more after maintaining for 6 months or a year... Just to see if I can get it lower than it was ... :D

So looks like I wrote another book - sorry ... :^:

luckylindy
08-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Anabee and Rho, thank you for your words of encouragement. Its a bad day for me. I hopped on the scale again, I know...I know, stay off the scale daily...but I am SO afraid to see that number go higher (in the realm of 5 + pounds, that I feel the need to control it. Anyway, I am still 2 pounds up, which means....I am at a 8 pound weight loss and NOT happy. I am so "by the book" with this diet, with the exception on Sunday's slip up and I drink an excess of water, AND exercise, I just dont get it. :-(

Ok, pitty party over for the day, I just needed to vent. So how is everyone else doing this week?

TiffNeedsChange
08-15-2012, 07:30 PM
@Rho- How exciting that your DH is a competitive shooter! Do you like going to the range too?
It looks like I will hit my goal of 240 if all goes well, but if it doesn't I will be thankful for what I have lost so far (16 pounds)! Thanks for this challenge, it is a fun thread!

@Lindy- don't let the poundage get you down. Are you measuring? Maybe you're losing inches. My weight tends to fluctuate by 2 pounds or so, even more around my TOM (maybe that is what is going on?)

@Sandy-don't give up hope, just readjust your goal and work towards it :) WTG on keeping up with the walks with Puddin' :)

ultrapeaches
08-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Hello, just checking in.

We're on vacation, and I have only lost 5 lbs since the beginning of the challenge, but I haven't gained and I've been pretty good about getting to the gym, so I feel like a success.

Added a before/after picture of me and my husband (and baby) to my profile - between us we've lost 120lbs so far! (Our son has gained about four.)

luckylindy
08-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Ultra - wow...great pics! Your baby is adorable! Have you done Atkins the whole time?

luckylindy
08-16-2012, 10:41 AM
And congrats for maintaining on vacation - thats a huge success in its own.

ultrapeaches
08-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Yes, we've been doing Atkins since we started in April. We haven't increased our net carbs at all - still 20 a day, at least 15 from veggies. My husband hasn't cheated at all, and I only cheated once, when my toddler play group went to pick peaches I ate three, because I love peaches.

sandyfanny
08-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Hi, everyone!

I've had a rough week. I wrecked my car; fortunately, no one was badly hurt. I'm really bruised and sore, but have a great deal to be thankful for. I probably won't be on the board much this week...dealing with the aftermath and not feeling very sociable. Anyway, have a great week, Atkins Chicks! :o

Summer2010
08-16-2012, 02:07 PM
I am recovering this week from a great vacation/family reunion this past week. I gained some weight, gave in to a few pieces of chocolates, fruit and a couple of cookies and was up 8 lbs after 3 days. I did not even eat bread or other high carb foods. WOW. I was very surprised because I thought that if I ate regularly from now on-carbs and all-I would be back to my previous weight in probably a couple of weeks.
The reason I re-focused on Monday back on Atkins was because when I track my carbs (and calories), I feel great, I am not hungry, I am not bloated, and my cravings for sweets disappear.
So I have lost since Monday 5lbs of water weight and am still struggling with the remaining 3lbs. I just can't believe it blew it so bad in 3 days and it was not even close to how I would normally blow it...:)

Anyway, I am back on track and working to get back to my weight from last week of 188.6 or less :)
Have a great week, Atkins chicks!

Summer2010
08-16-2012, 02:08 PM
I am sorry, Sandyfanny, to hear of your accident. I hope you are doing better today.
Hugz!

luckylindy
08-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Sandy - very sorry to hear about your accident! :-( Please keep us posted on how everything turns out, hopefully you wont have any long term side affects from the accident.

Summer - who knew?!?! Its amazing what a few carbs can do. I cheated with a raspberry cheesecake bar on Sunday and gained 2 pounds and CANNOT take it off. This is a lesson learned, no more cheating for us on this diet, its not favorable. Glad to see you quickly got back into the swing of things.

Nothing new to report. Staying on track, still up some weight. 2 people at work said it looked like I was losing weight but they dont count because they also know I am on modified eating. Its when the co-workers who I dont normally talk to that make comments... matter. :-)

Summer2010
08-16-2012, 07:32 PM
I refuse to adjust my ticker!

Serenity100
08-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Ultra, Wow You Look Fantastic. You don't even look like the same person except I think your glasses are same.:bravo:

Thanks for all of your kind thoughts sent my way on the loss of our friend. So now some good news. I am still doing it. Not as well as I want to, but I am keeping as low carb.

Sunday we had a 90th birthday for my Dad and in all the pictures I look good! I looked at some pictures from last year and you can see a definite difference.

Yesterday my son had an ambulatory surgery procedure. You know how it is, sit around and wait and wait. I brought a shake from home and after a few more hours of waiting I checked the vending machine and they had peanuts! Yes! all the junk food in the world and I stuck to my peanuts.

Sorry for rambling, Everyone is doing great. And Rho, you are correct every NSV is a victory, and the fact that we are plugging away one day at a time is a win!
xxoo

TiffNeedsChange
08-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Woohoo!! 242 today, sooo close to my labor day goal I can taste it :)
Sandy- sorry to hear about your car accident!
Ultra-you look great
Serenity-yay for looking good in pictures
Glad to see that everyone is doing ok!

luckylindy
08-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Tiff - congrats on the loss! That is awesome! I am confident you WILL get to your goal.

Serenity - isnt it funny how you can see the difference in pics, I think they speak volumes. I always take some before and after pics to help with weight loss, it makes me feel better.

Not too much to report today. I took my grandmother to bingo last night, lol. I was surrounded by cookies, cakes and candies and those old ladies dont understand the meaning of "diet"..."only a few cookies wont kill you hun, everything in moderation". Which, tends to be true when you are NOT on Atkins. Anyway, I turned away all offers and when I did get hungry, I ate a cobb salad with BC dressing...all in all, good. What is everyone's plans for the weekend? We will be doing a couples bowling event tomorrow evening. This seems to be a challenge because we are very much the social butterflies and when we do, we drink. We dont drink excessively, but we drink one or two cocktails, so, now I have ANOTHER hurdle to overcome. It shouldnt be too bad because its only bowling, lol, but this is a "upscale" bowling alley with a disco while you play kinda thing....so its more of a club so to speak. Ill keep you girls posted.

By the way....can anyone tell me. Are slim jims bad on the Atkins diet? I carry the little mini ones (about 3") in my purse at all times just in case I get hungry but it is processed food, so not sure if this may be hurting my weight loss.

luckylindy
08-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Ok, so - Im happy! I needed SOME sort of reassurance that I am doing this Atkins diet right since I am not seeing it in my clothes or on the scale. That being said, I went and bought ketosis stix. Now, I know they are not the know all, tell all and many have not used them in their weight loss journey but I just wanted to make sure I was not screwing up royally; which, I know I have not been eating bad but still....its the reassurance thing for me. Anyway, my reading came back as moderate, which is where I would like to be. Apparantly too dark could be a reflection on you being dehydrated? On that note....Ill be checked out for the weekend, but will see how everyone else is doing on Monday. :-)

JerseyGyrl
08-17-2012, 03:22 PM
By the way....can anyone tell me. Are slim jims bad on the Atkins diet? I carry the little mini ones (about 3") in my purse at all times just in case I get hungry but it is processed food, so not sure if this may be hurting my weight loss.

Lindy, to answer your question, I would be mindful of the fact they are processed and high in sodium. The sodium can cause water retention. Not a good thing.

rho1640
08-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Hi, everyone!

I've had a rough week. I wrecked my car; fortunately, no one was badly hurt. I'm really bruised and sore, but have a great deal to be thankful for. I probably won't be on the board much this week...dealing with the aftermath and not feeling very sociable. Anyway, have a great week, Atkins Chicks! :o

oh that is awful- hope you are feeling better - and you are right we must count our blessings when things happen but that doesn't make us feel better -- we are allowed to be upset in addition to hurting.

TiffNeedsChange
08-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Tiff - congrats on the loss! That is awesome! I am confident you WILL get to your goal.

Anyway, I turned away all offers and when I did get hungry, I ate a cobb salad with BC dressing...all in all, good. What is everyone's plans for the weekend? We will be doing a couples bowling event tomorrow evening. This seems to be a challenge because we are very much the social butterflies and when we do, we drink. We dont drink excessively, but we drink one or two cocktails, so, now I have ANOTHER hurdle to overcome. It shouldnt be too bad because its only bowling, lol, but this is a "upscale" bowling alley with a disco while you play kinda thing....so its more of a club so to speak. Ill keep you girls posted.

Thanks :) Congrats on passing up the Bingo goodies! Bingo can be too much fun sometimes ;) lol... As far as the drinking, if you want to abstain try getting some sparkling water or something so that you have something to sip in that is different.

Like jerseygirl said, it could be the salt causing you to retain water... although 2 mini ones don't have an enormous amount of salt it is salt nonetheless

WOOHOO for ketosis :carrot:

luckylindy
08-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Good morning ladies!

How did everyone do over the weekend? Me...great! No issues, no slip ups, and I have been doing the ketosis sticks every day just to give me strength that I am still in ketosis, and....I am! In moderate ketosis every day. I gave one to the DBF to make sure I had a good batch, lol, he wasnt in ketosis at all so that is a relief. My weight has not changed, still 8 pounds and I am in week 4 now. I lost 10 in my first week and then gained 2. To say the least, I am frustrated. I am going to step up my exercise routine, I was doing 30 minutes of bike riding every morning, but now I am going to the gym for an hour each day so I can incorporate weights and cardio. I really need to see a drop on the scale soon, because not losing is disheartening. I am completely eliminating anything with artificial sweetners to see if that is indeed what is affecting my loss. I am also watching my sodium levels. I understand what I eat might be affecting my water weight but I drink 2 gallons of water a day....how can this stilll be???

So, what exercise routines does everyone have going on in here? What was the longest "plateau" you have had to endure?

luckylindy
08-22-2012, 03:39 PM
THe plateau is over....I am officially down 12 pounds, but my official weigh in for being on the Atkins for one month is not until Saturday, so I will wait to update the ticker.

It is very quiet in here, hope everyone is doing well.

Summer2010
08-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Luckylindy-congrats!! I am very happy for you!

I have been stuck at around 190.4-191 for the last few days. I am trying a few variations with my atkins plan to see if I can get the scale to move...I feel great and the clothes fit better so I guess that is progress in some way.

luckylindy
08-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Summer...you have done so well thus far, thats great. I figured out that my two week stall on the scale was a result of artificial sweetner. As soon as I gave it up, I started to drop. I would like to try and limit my avocado intake as I have been told it can stall loss, but I really need the potassium right now because I have AWFUL restless leg syndrome. Grrrr.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. :-) How is your day going? Anything fun planned this week?

rho1640
08-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Hi -- quick post - Still working the plan and still stuck :devil: but like I have said I expected it to happen sooner or later -- was just hoping for way later - like at goal lol

Been busy researching stoves and looking at them ... I wish it was a law that stove places had to have one of every model hooked up so you could try them out - I think I found the one I will be getting -- has more things I want and less things I dislike than others -- and the price is "reasonable" I still pass by the Viking, Wolf, Garland double oven super duper stoves drooling all the way but the Samsung I'm looking at seems to offer more of what I want than others .. and under $1500 ...

It has been interesting cooking with crockpot, electric fry pan, one portable electric burner and microwave -- hopefully it will only be for a few more weeks tops.

Lindy I'm an avocado lover too -- I do 1/2 a day somehow - I figure the good fat and nutrients from it is worth it.

luckylindy
08-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Hey Rho - good luck on making the purchase. We had to research refrigerators not too long ago and that took FOREVER. Glad to hear you are still sticking to the program despite the shortcoming. :-)

What is everyone's plans for this weekend? We will be signing our girls up for softball, maybe some bowling, and hopefully a date night in the near future. I want to see that new movie with Will Ferrell...the Campaign. :-)

rho1640
08-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Hey Rho - good luck on making the purchase. We had to research refrigerators not too long ago and that took FOREVER. Glad to hear you are still sticking to the program despite the shortcoming. :-)

What is everyone's plans for this weekend? We will be signing our girls up for softball, maybe some bowling, and hopefully a date night in the near future. I want to see that new movie with Will Ferrell...the Campaign. :-)

I ordered the stove YIKES! should be delivered on Tuesday - now it is trying to coordinate everything to get it in and done -- like the gas guy to come and move the gas line, the carpenter to come and close up and remove the downdraft exhaust from the old stove and tell us what we need for the new hood exhaust -- and take out the cabinets that are falling down and plan for shelves there ... And I have to empty the few things in the cabinet and clean off the counter in prep for that too. So even though the stove will be here taunting me on Tuesday it could be weeks before it is hooked up and ready to use - but I wanted to lock in the really good price I got on it and once it is here everything else can proceed on everyone else's time line ...

So this week I am trying to up my calories a bit in the hope that it will jump start my losses again -- so I am adding a TBS of coconut oil to each cup of coffee I have in the morning. I'm thinking maybe my body thinks I am trying to starve it and if I convince it I am not it will lose again :dizzy:

Its a theory -- hope it's right :D

Serenity100
08-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Good luck on your new stove Rho! I wasn't sure if you had gas or not. There are still plenty of neighborhoods here on Long Island that does not have gas.

I would love to know how the coconut oil tastes. Can you taste the coconut? I'm not sure I would like that in my coffee, or any food for that matter except chocolate. Oh yeah, chocolate is out.

Lindy, I love your positive attitude and all the active things that you have planned for the weekend. Is working on my tan and reading a book considered active? Didn't think so. lol. I am planning a nice walk except I have to wait for a fedex delivery that someone must be home to sign for. Is that the greatest excuse, or what.;)

Just wanted to report that I received my blood work back from my checkup and everything is perfect. All of those eggs had no affect on my cholesterol reading.

TTFN

AnaBee
08-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Yay about the new stove Rho! That'll be lovely to have. My stove (I live in a rented flat) isn't old, but it's the absolute cheapst model and so much about it drives me nuts, grrr.

Serenity, I've tried a few brands and some coconut oils are really coconutty and others don't seem to have much of a taste. So I vary depending what I'm cooking. I find if I'm pan frying salmon fillets using the fragrent one is great as it makes the kitchen smelly less.

This weekend I am studying (as always) and also I'm about to get myself off my butt to clean/organise my kitchen. I've been floundering for months now, really, since just before Christmas last year. I re-start only to go off again. Lately I've been *gaining* weight at an amazing rate, I think I gained 15 pounds in August alone. I just cannot seem to do this right.

davematthewsband
08-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Easier said than done I know, but I'm going to do my best this time to focus on how much better my body feels when I'm following Atkins when I get to those inevitable plateaus. I usually eventually get fed up and figure if I'm not losing I might as well be eating cake and then cancel out all my good work and gain even more. I quickly forget how much work induction was and how much better I feel in ketosis - regardless of the scale (no acid reflux, more energy, not bloated, not thinking about food 24/7, etc.). Again, easier to say that now - freshly out of induction and with the scale still moving, but your stories are inspiring me and reminding me that it's a marathon, not a sprint, and I won't be able to keep up these 3 minute miles for the whole journey. We can do this!!!

luckylindy
08-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Rho - congrats on the stove. Sounds like quite a task just to get things going. I'm also on the fence of using cocnut oil. What would I eat it with? What is it's advantages?

Serenity - I WISH I was tanning and reading. I recently tried reading a book....it took me 2 months to finish it! Lol...with three kids, its hard to focus when someone is approaching you every 5 minutes. Congrats on your check-up! I gave blood last Thursday and they check all your stats and mine were PERFECT. Last time I tried to give my blood pressure was a little high and my pulse was racing (no IDEA why????) Anyway, this time is was perfect and I was happy.

Davemb - you CAN do it! Keep your head up and keep reinforcing the positives.

I wish I could say I had a good weekend but I didnt. I went TOTALLY off diet for the first time in one month. We took the kids to Legoland, and I was hungry from walking around all day and I didnt want to order 5 cheeseburgers at $7 a pop just to fill me up so I had a balances meal. Then I figured I already threw myself out of ketosis so I did the same thing on Sunday. I DID track my calories though and although they were VERY high, I did not consume more than 2,500, therefore even if the scale does bounce a little, it will not be actual fat because I did not consume enough to gain a pound. Well, this is at least what I am telling myself, lol.

I am back on board today though and ready to stick with it. I am interested to see how much this will stall or impact my weight loss. *shrugs shoulders*

Anyway, it is a rainy day here in Orlando as we are getting some of the bands from Hurricane Isaac, makes me in a blah kinda mood.

AnaBee
08-28-2012, 01:10 AM
Dave, that's a great thing to focus on and you've helped remind me to do that too.

Lindy, maybe last time you gave blood you were a little anxious but this time you felt more comfortable? That's great your results were perfect, good for you! And good for you donating too :-)

And I think you made sensible choices over the weekend. It will be interesting to see how you went. The most important thing is to get back on track now. When I fell into my current slide, I ate out one night and I was still in ketosis the next day, but I didn't reign in in then or the next day and it just went on and got harder.

luckylindy
08-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Hi chickadees!

Today is a good day, I am feeling good and feel like my body is starting to adjust back into ketosis. Its weird, after I had my cheat weekend, Monday and Tuesday were just awful, I felt sluggish and grumpy. Today I woke up feeling some pep in my step. I have been doing the ketosis sticks each day to see where I stand. As of last night, I still was not in ketosis. Hopefully by tomorrow morning. If not, oh well.

I learned a valuable lesson from this - it is SO not worth it! :-D

I still have not been sucessful with my exercise. I start my second job today and just feel short on time. I need to make time! In the meantime, Ive been doing little things to improve activity. Every time I go to the bathroom, which is like 15 times a day, lol, I do 15 squats before I exit the bathroom. Weird but it works. Now I just need to do 20 push-ups each morning and at least Ill feel slightly more productive.

rho1640
08-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Wel my stove is here - looking oh so pretty -- but so not usable yet ... Unbelievable trying to get anyone to come work -- heck even trying to get people to return calls seems to be impossible ... Actually spoke to the carpenter finally - still hasn't shown up to do any work or to see what is needed -- and the gas guy never even called back - So we may forget friends and family and go with the local companies - one is a cousin (plumber for gas hook-up) and they charge for the mansions on the ocean prices - but sorry if other cousin won't return call he can hear that his cousin did the work ... and the carpenter I know is on the verge of losing his house and not busy -- but I will look for someone else by Friday.... we aren't asking for a break and we will pay cash right ways when the work is done ... you would think that would matter wouldn't you. :mad::devil:

Had 2 days off plan - planned cheats -- trying to shake up my body - weight was up this morning 2 lbs - hopefully it will drop off soon and will zip past the old weight.

Coconut oil - I use Nutiva - and if I taste it on its own it does have some coconut taste - but for some reason it doesn't seem to in the coffee to me - but if I don't have it I notice something missing... if that makes any sense - but I will warn you it looks ugly and you have to stir it to not be drinking the oil on top - so it mixes in. It is actually good for you - and my skin in better than ever (I also use it on my skin and have for years - all I use is apple cider vinegar and water and coconut oil -- cheap skin care) and the fat helps you feel full longer ...

today was a nice day - cooler -- I was in heaven - did more steps already today and did more in the house than I have done in months -- it could be like this year round and I would be thrilled.

I decided this is for life this time -- in the past it was lose lose lose so I can go back to how I ate before - well **** how I ate before made me need to come back and I felt heavy and tired and achy all the time -- why would I want to go back to that - that said I also am much nicer to myself this time - if I am on vacation and want to try something new or have a drink I will do it - if I absolutely am not up to cooking I will order Chinese and decide to have exactly what I want or to try to pick the best thing possible on the menu -- and I don't beat myself up over it -- this is for life it really doesn't matter if it takes a week or more longer to get there ... Life happens... And because I made these decisions I have probably only been off plan 3 maybe 4 times in the last year...

and Serenity -- WHOOO HOOOO on the bloodwork!

luckylindy
08-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Rho - LOVED your post, because everything you said is true. Isnt it crazy how these contractors work? We kept calling people to give us quotes on remodeling our kitchen and NONE of them every gave a final quote. Some never showed up, some never called back, some came out and took measurements but never sent a quote....go figure. And my opinion on it was, hey...if they dont show up, Im not going to hunt them down because this is probably indicative of their work ethic or performance. Needless to say, it saved us THOUSANDS because we did it ourself, lol.

I am still not in ketosis from my off weekend. Im not really stressing it, just waiting patiently. That being said, I am sure I will not be meeting my labor day goal of 15 pounds, oh well. If I can lose 10 pounds a month (which I have in my first month), I will be happy. If I can be 150 by January - which is less than 10 pounds a month, I would do backflips, lol.

Anyway, having some awful headaches today, probably from working a double yesterday. I have a lot of cleaning when I get home tonight because I am having some girlfriends over tomorrow. Time to get busy.

How is everyone elses week going? What are the plans for the weekend?

rho1640
09-01-2012, 11:25 AM
So unless I have a super whoosh I won't make the challenge - but I lost something at least :^: How is everyone else doing? Are we going to do a Halloween Challenge?

So Monday morning is our final day - how did you all do - exercise, weigh in, whatever your goal for this challenge was.

Serenity100
09-03-2012, 11:17 AM
So unless I have a super whoosh I won't make the challenge - but I lost something at least :^: How is everyone else doing? Are we going to do a Halloween Challenge?

So Monday morning is our final day - how did you all do - exercise, weigh in, whatever your goal for this challenge was.

Hi Rho, thank you for being such a wonderful facilitator on this challenge. I will not make my goal on this challenge either. As a matter of fact I gained three pounds. I am not making excuses I know why. I did not stick OP 100% and made too many excuses. But I consider having some NSV because in the past, I would go totally off OP and choose completely wrong for your health things to eat. Now I have been more aware of what I am putting in my mouth. For example, I would never order a pina colada when drinking, I stick to a low carb option. I also found it difficult not having structure in the day, since I am a teacher it was easy for me to eat my meals on schedule and not have any room to mindless snacking. I could have overcome that easily if I simply planned out my meals ahead of time and stuck to that. That is something I have to work on in the future.

So Yes, we need a Halloween challenge! And I am going to cut out all alcohol starting today, plus strict planning and accountability. :witch: By October 31st I plan to lose 8 lbs, minimum!

ultrapeaches
09-03-2012, 11:25 PM
I didn't really make my challenge - I haven't been to the gym for 3 weeks :( but I did lose 9 lbs. I will recommit myself to lifting 3x per week in the Halloween challenge.

TiffNeedsChange
09-04-2012, 12:08 AM
I was at 242 but because of being off plan due to the hurricane I am around 248. I did not hit goal but I did get super clise before I put on this water weight. I hope everyone had success. Eta:I that makes me 12happy lbs down but 8 short of goal

rho1640
09-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Well I didn't make it either but I did lose so I still won ... Now I have to recommit for the Halloween Challenge -- I've been throwing an eating temper tantrum because I can't get anyone to come hook up my stove and hood - heck I cant get anyone to return a call. So I fell back on bad habits and ate bread and cookies.

So now to figure what to make my goal -- I think it may be to stay on plan totally for the challenge and to exercise each day . And lose 10 lbs ....

Onward and downward....

and we are still here so we are all successes ...

AnaBee
09-04-2012, 09:40 AM
I'd like to do a Halloween challenge too. This one has been a disaster for me results wise but I've sure learned a lot! Like Rho says, we're here and thats what matters :)

luckylindy
09-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Good afternoon chickadee:

I did not meet my challenge goal of 15 pounds, but I am down 10 in one month so I'm good with that. On that note....

I weighed in this weekend and STILL no loss. I'm abandoning Atkins. I mean seriously...6 weeks on this program and the only loss I had was 10 pounds...on my first week! It is ridiculous. I dont overeat, I dont undereat, and my grams of carbs do not exceed 20 - AT MOST, there is no reason for it. I am going to start calorie counting again. This is what I did when I lost that 50 pounds (and kept it off for 3 years). Let's see how this goes. :-(

I love this group so I'm gonna stay in for the Halloween challenge. I am also going to set an aggressive goal for myself of 16 pounds. When I calorie counted last time, I lost 20 in my first month, so hopefully 16 in two is doable. I also started P90x. I did the program once before for the 90 days and had AMAZING results. Working 2 jobs I dont think I can be as strict, but I can commit to 3 days minimum.

Rho - good job on keeping the thread alive, especially on Labor day. :-)

Serenity - everything in moderation. You can do it.

Tiff - glad to see you back. Hope you or your family was not impacted too harshly by the Hurricane.

Ana *high five*, learning is the way.

Ok, girls....so what goals is everyone setting for themselves for Halloween? As I said...Im shooting for 16.

rho1640
09-04-2012, 07:04 PM
we have a Halloween challenge set up - thanks DaveMatthewsBand :D

everyone jump on over there too with your goals for this new challenge ---

Lindy - maybe try setting a calorie range and a carb range - but not too low a calorie range -- -- you've been thru lots of stress and with the new job and all that can be effecting your losses too -- I'm glad you will be staying with us no matter what you are doing.

AnaBee -- you're still here and like you said we learned -

so off we go! We can do it!!

luckylindy
09-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Ill head over to the Halloween challenge and leave this thread. See you girls there!