Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat July 4th 2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat July 4th 2012

usmcvet
07-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

northernfawn
07-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Good Morning and Happy Independence Day to all of you south of the border :)

Hope you have a great OP Day!

DanafromAustin
07-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Happy 4th! Enjoy and be safe...

Beanie Mommy
07-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Happy 4th of July!

locopollo
07-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Good morning IP'ers! Happy 4th to those of us in the US!

We are golfing today with my parents and maybe a movie in the afternoon. I am up a little early so I should go down to the basement and do my pilates, which I haven't done since I started IP last Friday...but I don't want to. Yesterday I did 8 minutes of squats and lunges, and I can sure feel it.

Today was the first day the scale didn't move. After Friday's WI, I am moving my scales to the garage.

usmcvet
07-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Parade here,min the rain, in Manchester MA with the family today. Shopping for 18 lobster and some rib eyes for me and those if us who don't want lobstah!

Have fun, stay OP!!!

Dakin
07-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Welcome to MA Vet.... glad you're not on duty today. Relax and Enjoy!

Wishing all of my IP family a safe and happy Fourth!
BBQing with friends at the family camp.... lot's of OP foods planned.
Keep smiling!

Delgen
07-04-2012, 09:42 AM
:carrot:Happy 4th everyone!:carrot:

:yay:

I have been on a 2 week plateau, but stepped on the scale to see a 1 pound drop since Monday!:carrot:

Today I will do a little cleaning, BBQ salmon and veggies for dinner, fireworks at dusk. It was 103 yesterday, HOT for Montana, but in the upper 80s today. So I may also do some work in the garden.

Had to harvest the last of my spinach yesterday:(. Now it's back to store bought spinach.

Have a fun OP day!

mammoth357
07-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Happy 4th to all!
I am on day 2 of phase 1...and looking forward to my 8oz chicken on the grill later! Of course I will be cooking for a bunch of other people who will enjoy hot dogs, steaks, ribs etc...but no matter what I will NOT share my 2 cups of veggies! Gotta run...have a date with a jug of water...haha!
Be safe all!
Jake

evepet
07-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Good morning. Happy 4th of July to all you Americans! Have a safe and happy OP day. :D

Today was WI day for me, and while not fantastic I'll definitely take it. -1 lbs down. This is getting me veery close to my 1/2 way to my goal weight. I've promised myself a little mini-celebration when I get to 1/2 way.... I'd better hurry up and decide what it's going to be!

Everyone have a great day! :carrot:

reneepw
07-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Happy 4th everyone! Stay strong and keep cool. Last night I went to a friends for a small get together and am proud to say I stayed 100% OP. That was nsv for me!
I had my soy puffs with me and was just happy to sit on the deck and hang with my girlfriends while our kids played in the pool.
enjoy your day peeps!
Ps I think I'm addicted to this forum. My breakfast is getting cold cause I had to check in here first. Lol

mylastdiet
07-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Happy 4th everyone!
I have no idea what we are cooking today, but I will be going out to the store shortly. We want to grill, but the heat is so nasty! If we grill, it will probably be something quick, like burgers or hot dogs. Chicken takes entirely too long, and it is just way WAY to hot to be hovering over a grill.

I will say this, even with the heat, I am enjoying this summer so much more than last summer. I actually worked out in my yard yesterday for the first time in years. I enjoyed it so much! I kept a chair out in the shade to take lots of water breaks, but my gosh it felt so good to be out there - among the living! LOL! It was uncomfortable this year, but it would have killed me last year. Thanks IP!!!

Y'all have a safe 4th!

reneepw
07-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Kaypix..your pictures from yesterday are amaxingly beautiful. Congrats on that impromptu fitting!!:carrot:

IPdivajen
07-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Happy 4th from your neighbours to the north!!! :cheers: Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

This was posted in yesterday's thread and I wanted to respond to it:
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone can help me. I just bought the IP Collagen and I'm wondering how to take it. I've been told two different ways. First one is I can take it everyday and it doesn't replace a packet and second is only take it every second day and it does replace a packet. Please help!

I take one tablespoon in the morning and another before bed every day. This DOES NOT replace any of my protein packs.

I think the confusion comes if you're trying to get collagen from the two IP packets that have it - the jelly and the blueberry cran granata drink. They do count as packets (because they are!) and they should only be consumed once every second day because they're missing one of the eight essential amino acids the other packs contain.

So if you're trying to get extra collagen from the packets - one every two days. But if you've purchased their liquid collagen, the sickly sweet raspberry flavoured liquid, then it's 1tbsp twice a day every day.

Hope that helps!

Ravenswood2012
07-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Have a Safe, Happy, IP/OP 4th of July :D
:goodluck: everyone :)

LizRR
07-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Happy July 4th folks! About to finish breakfast then off to the park with my baby before a swim BBQ with friends!

SkimmerRabbit
07-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Happy 4th! We found this great butcher shop and plan to go by and pick something lean and wonderful for the grill later today. Do you have CSAs in your area? CSA stands for "Community Supported Agriculture" and we joined one this year which basically means we pay an annual fee to be part of a farm's production and we get to stop by weekly and pick up beautiful fresh produce. So when we grill today, we will grill lots of veggies for the next few days which really helps me on my diet. If you are lucky enough to live in a more rural area, you probably have the advantage of going to farm stands (or fruit stands if you live in the South). Besides cooking out, we plan to take Molly, our little dog, on a nice walk through Penwood Forest today. It should be a glorious day!

Ravenswood2012
07-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Happy July 4th folks! About to finish breakfast then off to the park with my baby before a swim BBQ with friends!

Have a great 4th.... You are a true inspiration!!!

Hgamroth
07-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Happy 4th from your neighbours to the north!!! :cheers: Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

I take one tablespoon in the morning and another before bed every day. This DOES NOT replace any of my protein packs.

I think the confusion comes if you're trying to get collagen from the two IP packets that have it - the jelly and the blueberry cran granata drink. They do count as packets (because they are!) and they should only be consumed once every second day because they're missing one of the eight essential amino acids the other packs contain.

So if you're trying to get extra collagen from the packets - one every two days. But if you've purchased their liquid collagen, the sickly sweet raspberry flavoured liquid, then it's 1tbsp twice a day every day.

Hope that helps!

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!

reneepw
07-04-2012, 10:50 AM

Hope that helps!

I just saw your new picture...wow!! :D

jebaughman
07-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Where do you get the collagen?
Have a safe and OP 4th, and have fun/

Kaypix
07-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Happy fourth of July to all my fellow Americans! No big plans today, probably going to a water park since the heat index is supposed to be like 108 or something.

CarCamMom
07-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Happy 4th Everyone! Today will be my first big day staying OP while being around huge amounts of yummy food and drinks (I still miss my wine!!). I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it, though...I can do this...no prob! I had my first weigh in yesterday...Lost 5 pounds and 2 1/2 inches!! SOOOOO EXCITING! I started SouthBeach in April of this year and lost 1 pound in 4 weeks so this is quite a change for me. The funny thing is, I was happy with that 1 pound loss because I have such a hard time losing weight! And to lose 5 pounds in a week!?!?!?! Long story short, I really don't think today's events will even bother me one bit. This forum has been so motivating for me. I actually am beginning to think this program may work for me, too.:D

One question....I've seen some posts about collagen? What is this and why do you take it?

Have a great day!

cyndie
07-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Happy Fourth everyone! Hope you have a fun filled day.

I plan to play in the pool and grill sirloin steaks.

I would also like to know about the collagen. Where do you get the liquid you can take every day?

Momto2cs
07-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Happy 4th Everyone! Today will be my first big day staying OP while being around huge amounts of yummy food and drinks (I still miss my wine!!). I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it, though...I can do this...no prob! I had my first weigh in yesterday...Lost 5 pounds and 2 1/2 inches!! SOOOOO EXCITING! I started SouthBeach in April of this year and lost 1 pound in 4 weeks so this is quite a change for me. The funny thing is, I was happy with that 1 pound loss because I have such a hard time losing weight! And to lose 5 pounds in a week!?!?!?! Long story short, I really don't think today's events will even bother me one bit. This forum has been so motivating for me. I actually am beginning to think this program may work for me, too.:D

One question....I've seen some posts about collagen? What is this and why do you take it?

Have a great day!

The wine and other yummy things will still be there next year. Those 5 pounds will quickly add up and you will be amazed at how well ip works.

Stick with it! And don't let yourself get too hungry. That is when temptation strikes!

Happy 4th of July to all of you in the u.s.

joysh
07-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Hi Everyone! Have a great July 4th to all of the US IPers!

I'll let someone else answer about the collegen. :wave:

CarCamMom
07-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Happy 4th everyone! Stay strong and keep cool. Last night I went to a friends for a small get together and am proud to say I stayed 100% OP. That was nsv for me!
I had my soy puffs with me and was just happy to sit on the deck and hang with my girlfriends while our kids played in the pool.
enjoy your day peeps!
Ps I think I'm addicted to this forum. My breakfast is getting cold cause I had to check in here first. Lol

I'm addicted, too! The way I justify it is that I have replaced my sugar/carb addiction with this....what do ya think??? Pretty good, huh? :D

MimiLee
07-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Happy 4th of July.....it also happens to be my daughters birthday. They turn 11 today!!

We are going to Red Robin to eat today and I am prepared to order either the grilled chicken salad or just a burger with no bun. Of course I have my packets of WF ranch shoved into my purse ready to go.

jules26965
07-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Happy 4th to my fellow Americans! I hope everyone stays safe and has fun today!
My hubby and I are both working a bit this morning and then we will be out by the pool until the fireworks tonight. I think he's going to grill up some filets and asparagus -- YUM!!!

Chloe222
07-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Good morning. Happy 4th of July to all you Americans! Have a safe and happy OP day. :D

Today was WI day for me, and while not fantastic I'll definitely take it. -1 lbs down. This is getting me veery close to my 1/2 way to my goal weight. I've promised myself a little mini-celebration when I get to 1/2 way.... I'd better hurry up and decide what it's going to be!

Everyone have a great day! :carrot:

Evepet,
Congrats on getting so close to midway!! Yes, definitely need to think about something special to mark that auspicious occasion. Let us know what you decide.

Happy 4th everyone!
I have no idea what we are cooking today, but I will be going out to the store shortly. We want to grill, but the heat is so nasty! If we grill, it will probably be something quick, like burgers or hot dogs. Chicken takes entirely too long, and it is just way WAY to hot to be hovering over a grill.

I will say this, even with the heat, I am enjoying this summer so much more than last summer. I actually worked out in my yard yesterday for the first time in years. I enjoyed it so much! I kept a chair out in the shade to take lots of water breaks, but my gosh it felt so good to be out there - among the living! LOL! It was uncomfortable this year, but it would have killed me last year. Thanks IP!!!

Y'all have a safe 4th!
Mylastdiet,
Yes, it's great to be able to do things you haven't in a while, especially things in the great outdoors. Enjoy!

Hope that helps!
IPdivaJen,
You look terrific!! Great new pic!

sneuse
07-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Happy 4th to my fellow Americans! I hope everyone stays safe and has fun today!
My hubby and I are both working a bit this morning and then we will be out by the pool until the fireworks tonight. I think he's going to grill up some filets and asparagus -- YUM!!!

Bummer you have to work! Where do you go to watch the fireworks around town? We used to try to go downtown to a parking garage but it's always so packed.... I'm thinking maybe Zilker this year as I live down the street from there.

Happy 4th of July.....it also happens to be my daughters birthday. They turn 11 today!!

Happy birthday to your daughters!

Enjoy! I hope its not too hot up in your neck of the woods....

DanafromAustin and IPdivajen - you guys are looking AMAZING!

Kaypix - loved the story and pictures yesterday. What a great feeling!

HAPPY FOURTH everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing, OP day!

Chloe222
07-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Wishing everyone a safe and happy 4th of July. I'm taking off shortly to watch my husband in a sailing race and then a bbq w/ friends and fireworks on the beach. Will stay OP!

IPdivajen
07-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks, everyone. You're too kind! I appreciate it. :)

I was flipping through some pics on FB and found this one out of the blue. It's me and DH on vacation late February. That week, while on that trip, we made the decision to start IP when we got home. And look at us now! It boggles my mind. SO thankful we found this program!!!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/divajenny/us.jpg

Sassyc1979
07-04-2012, 12:42 PM

Have a great day!

Yay!! Go carcammom!! I scoured the boards yesterday because I knew it was your WI day so happy for you!! 5lbs way to go!!!
:cheer2:
Sassy

IPdivajen
07-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Oh yeah - collagen. I take the collagen daily to help the elasticity of my skin. I've been overweight since I was 14 so my skin has been stretched to the max for 25 years. Now that I'm losing it's quite saggy in places, so the hope is that the collagen will assist in getting it to spring back to 'normal' over time. :)

brandissimo11
07-04-2012, 12:53 PM

I was flipping through some pics on FB and found this one out of the blue. It's me and DH on vacation late February. That week, while on that trip, we made the decision to start IP when we got home. And look at us now! It boggles my mind. SO thankful we found this program!!!

You look absolutely amazing!! Makes me super excited to stay with this diet when I see these kinds of results! Keep up the great work!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070/slider-but3/lb/225/145/211/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

julied31
07-04-2012, 12:56 PM

Looking GREAT!!!!! WAY TO GO both of you!!!

foxxybrown
07-04-2012, 12:57 PM

You and your DH look awesome!!! Looks as if you both drunk from the fountain of youth! Way to go!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

HAPPY 4TH TO ALL!!! Just came in from my garden where I picked some lettuce and tomatoes to take to my uncle's cookout this afternoon. He told me not to bring anything...but I know my family and I need to have something to eat that is OP. Told him I'm staying OP even on the 4th! He said "Fine." Good luck to all today!!! :D you can do it!

julied31
07-04-2012, 12:59 PM
I have a couple questions.....why can't we have red wine vinegar?? It's 0/0/0....

I'm up again today...just 0.2, but still. I'm assuming it's because I haven't been eating all my veggies. Ever since my vacation, I'm having a hard time getting back into everything!! I'm for sure getting all my water in.

brandissimo11
07-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Not to sure what I'm going to be doing today, but its such a nice day out today that I want to get out of the house and do SOMETHING! We'll be catching fireworks tonight for sure... but other than that, I'll just be packing my foods in a cooler and see where the day takes my lil family :smug: Happy 4th to all of us in the USA!! :smug:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070/slider-but3/lb/225/145/211/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

One :cp: for every 5lbs lost

:cp: :cp:

sneuse
07-04-2012, 01:01 PM

You both look incredible! This is probably my favorite thing about these boards - seeing how people have progressed and changed. Not only do you guys look better physically, but you both just look so happy and youthful. CONGRATS on making it this far :carrot:

jmuroff1
07-04-2012, 01:05 PM
happy fourth my fellow IPers!! Feeling a bit under the weather, hopefully that won't keep me from eating my yummy ip food :-D i had my chocolate shake this morning, being congested made it a bit difficult but it was yummy either way! have a fun and safe independence day and stay op everyone, today can be a very tempting day lol

AMS65
07-04-2012, 01:06 PM

Hope that helps!

What is the liquid collagen? Never heard of it. I'm in week 3 - WI on Friday but have lost a total of 14lbs so far!:carrot: I have been having a hard time beacuse I really dislike the tatse of most of the flavors and especially the puddings and am super fearful of tons of extra skin! Do you really think the collagen helps with that?
Another question - I have been walking about 1.5 miles a day - very very slow, not out of breath but yesterday and today my leg muscles are sore. Before IP I never had that issue. Any thoughts??
happy fourth!!!

IPdivajen
07-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Ask your coach about the collagen. It's made by Natura, the company that also makes the supplements, etc, so they should be able to order it in for you if you're interested. As for whether or not it helps it's hard to know, really, but I do know that I'd rather take the chance and do what I can to help NOW before I get to the end and wonder if I could have helped it along at all. Does that make sense?

As for your leg muscle issues, it's likely potassium related. Again, talk to your coach, but you can help by taking an extra potassium/calcium pill each morning for three days.

jules26965
07-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Bummer you have to work! Where do you go to watch the fireworks around town? We used to try to go downtown to a parking garage but it's always so packed.... I'm thinking maybe Zilker this year as I live down the street from there.

Happy birthday to your daughters!

Enjoy! I hope its not too hot up in your neck of the woods....

DanafromAustin and IPdivajen - you guys are looking AMAZING!

Kaypix - loved the story and pictures yesterday. What a great feeling!

HAPPY FOURTH everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing, OP day!

Hi sneuse...well when you work for a company HQ'd in London, that's what happens (but I do get a day off whenever else I would like it, so it evens out). I doubt we will go downtown this year, but have you ever gone to the top of the State garages at 45th/Lamar (across from the triangle). You can see all the fireworks downtown, plus all of the little townships - like Westlake and Bastrop, so it's like 360 degrees of fireworks. It gets crowded there too, but not as bad as downtown.

Ticiabean
07-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Happy 4th to all!
I am on day 2 of phase 1...and looking forward to my 8oz chicken on the grill later! Of course I will be cooking for a bunch of other people who will enjoy hot dogs, steaks, ribs etc...but no matter what I will NOT share my 2 cups of veggies! Gotta run...have a date with a jug of water...haha!
Be safe all!
Jake

I was told wecould only have 5-6 ounces of chicken, beef, or pork for dinner. Am I missing out on an extra 3ounces?!:?:

sneuse
07-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi sneuse...well when you work for a company HQ'd in London, that's what happens (but I do get a day off whenever else I would like it, so it evens out). I doubt we will go downtown this year, but have you ever gone to the top of the State garages at 45th/Lamar (across from the triangle). You can see all the fireworks downtown, plus all of the little townships - like Westlake and Bastrop, so it's like 360 degrees of fireworks. It gets crowded there too, but not as bad as downtown.

I live pretty far south so its never occurred to me to try that area! I may not get out there this year but I'll definitely keep that in mind for next year! Enjoy!

IPdivajen
07-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I was told wecould only have 5-6 ounces of chicken, beef, or pork for dinner. Am I missing out on an extra 3ounces?!:?:

Ack! 8 ounces all the way! It's really important to sustain your lean muscle tissue.

jmuroff1
07-04-2012, 01:27 PM
can we suck on lozenges?

haddy4
07-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Parade here,min the rain, in Manchester MA with the family today. Shopping for 18 lobster and some rib eyes for me and those if us who don't want lobstah!

Have fun, stay OP!!!

YUMMY !!!!! I want lobster :D

Ticiabean
07-04-2012, 01:33 PM
I used sugar free Ricola lozenges last week when i was sick.

Ticiabean
07-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Ack! 8 ounces all the way! It's really important to sustain your lean muscle tissue.
Of all meat?!

IPdivajen
07-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Of all meat?!

Yup!

Ticiabean
07-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Yup!
Y that coach!!!! I can't belive that!!! Thanks for the info ladies!! Happy 4th to you all

haddy4
07-04-2012, 01:38 PM

Hope that helps!

WOW you look fantastic !!!

CindyG
07-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Wow, this is only day two of getting (back) on the program after two years. I can already feel my energy level rise, that awful reflux is going away, and I feel motivated! I am so happy to have found this forum. Have never done this kind of thing before, but it is really nice to know all of you are out there.

GeauxTigers82
07-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Happy 4th of July!

I weighed myself this morning and it said 183! That's 19 lbs in 5 weeks!!! I also got measured (finally) and lost 10 total inches in 5 weeks. 4 of those inches were in my chest :/ I definitely have noticed it there!

I went to the dermatologist yesterday, and finally did something I have been wanting to do for 10 years. I had 2 "beauty" marks on my face. They were quite huge and ugly (in my opinion). One was above my right eye and the other was on my left side of my upper lip (marilyn Monroe style). I had both removed yesterday!!! I have never been so excited about something so vain in my life!

So, I decided to stay in the house yesterday because practically half my face was bandaged up, but I had to go to the grocery, pharmacy, and a last minute meeting at the school I work at. So, everyone got to see my goofiness yesterday :)

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful OP independence day!

joysh
07-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Wow, IPdivajen! These photos are AWESOME! Congrats to you both! You look healthy and happy!

GeauxTigers, that's great! BTW, it looks like we have the same starting weight and are in about the same place. I'm only 3 weeks into it and have lost 14 pounds. Also - I love San Antonio. I'm a Texan (really New Yorker) living in LA. Looks like you've done some time in LA also....

Has anyone ever grilled brussel sprouts? I'm going to put brussel sprouts, eggplant, portabello mushrooms on the grill with my red and green peppers. Should be interesting! Of course there will also be chicken and hamburgers. Going to a BBQ later. Happy Fourth, US peeps!:wave:

GeauxTigers82
07-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Wow, IPdivajen! These photos are AWESOME! Congrats to you both! You look healthy and happy!

GeauxTigers, that's great! BTW, it looks like we have the same starting weight and are in about the same place. I'm only 3 weeks into it and have lost 14 pounds. Also - I love San Antonio. I'm a Texan (really New Yorker) living in LA. Looks like you've done some time in LA also....

Has anyone ever grilled brussel sprouts? I'm going to put brussel sprouts, eggplant, portabello mushrooms on the grill with my red and green peppers. Should be interesting! Of course there will also be chicken and hamburgers. Going to a BBQ later. Happy Fourth, US peeps!:wave:

Thanks! Great job on your weight loss!

San Antonio is ok - my husband is military stationed at lackland afb. I am originally from new Orleans, grew up in Slidell, went to LSU in baton rouge, and did a short stint at barksdale afb in Shreveport with my husband. I miss home :(

Porthardygurl
07-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Good Morning All...

Happy 4th of July to my American Peeps on here...have some fun in the sun :)

Nothing much to report today...Weather is...blah...Im still waiting for summer to arrive. I read in the news yesterday that it was actually hot enough down in the states in some areas that the road was morphing..They had a video of a car going over a bump caused by the sun warping the road and it got some air!!! It was crazy...needless to say..keep cool and wear sun cream!!! I envy all of you for getting a summer tan!

GeauxTigers-Dude..you and me are like the same person...I have a beauty mark marilyn monroe style on my left side too!!! Ive often thought of getting it removed cause it bugs the crap out of me..and random hairs always poke out of it that drive me nuts!!!

Well...everyone have a great day today..Stay OP peeps!!!

Unwaver1ng
07-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Good morning! Errr... Maybe not. I went back to bed after letting the dog out and slept way late.

It is soo hot! I don't feel like doing anything at all today, although I am supposed to go to a cookout and fireworks later today. Maybe I will feel more excited later on. Meanwhile, it is iced coffee and TV for me today!

Stay cool, drink water, and happy 4th!

~Jenni

mooselover
07-04-2012, 02:58 PM
IPdivajen - you look wonderful!!! I bet you are feeling pretty awesome too ;)

mooselover
07-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Hello everyone. I have been mia for several days. I am in Wyoming for work this week and have been real busy. I drove 160 miles yesterday afternoon to see my folks and my sister. I feel so lucky to be able to see them so often even though I live in Alaska. I am having a hamburger patty and veggies. Then I will be driving back to work tonight. Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th!

Unwaver1ng
07-04-2012, 03:20 PM

You both look fantastic, and young and happy!

Beanie Mommy
07-04-2012, 03:31 PM

You guys look amazing! Congrats, what an excellent before and after pic :)

Momto2cs
07-04-2012, 03:33 PM
I have a couple questions.....why can't we have red wine vinegar?? It's 0/0/0....

I'm up again today...just 0.2, but still. I'm assuming it's because I haven't been eating all my veggies. Ever since my vacation, I'm having a hard time getting back into everything!! I'm for sure getting all my water in.

Some red wine vinegars have carbs. If you find one the is 0/0/0 it should be fine.

That .2 will pee away! Eat some asparagus. It's a diuretic!

Stefany1769
07-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Heading out of the Valdez harbor right now! I'm so glad to be on my mini-vacation! I am exhausted! SO MUCH going on at work, my DS birthday party with an 8 kid slumber party and all the work involved, getting ready for this trip and gearing up for DD's birthday, just ready to rest!
I had my WI on Saturday but have had no time to get on here to post it let alone read any posts :(
I lost 1.2 pounds and zero inches. Sooooo close to goal!

Happy 4th of July all, I'll be back on Sunday or Monday, wish us good fishing and shrimping luck! :D

jebaughman
07-04-2012, 04:30 PM
IPDIVAJEN
Lookin good. So proud of you guys.:):):carrot::carrot:

STEFANYOnly one pound to go. How awesome is that. :dizzy::dizzy:Woot!!Woot!!

Chloe222
07-04-2012, 04:38 PM

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/divajenny/us.jpgYou really look FABULOUS,and so much younger! Amazing how weight ages us. Keep up the good work!

Robag
07-04-2012, 04:44 PM

You both look incredible. Congratulations to both of you, and keep it up. You both look 10 years or more younger. It's fantastic!

Robag
07-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Good day everyone, and Happy 4th of July to our friends south of the border!

WI #5 today, and down another 5 lbs. That makes 29 lbs in 5 weeks. I'm so close to my original goal of 200. I start phase 3 tomorrow for my holiday's. I have not cheated once since starting, but I know the next 4 weeks are going to be different. Camping with a good group of friends in Ontario for a week, and then back home to camp with family for a week. I was determined to be at 200 by the time we go, so 2 lbs by my home scale to get there. We'll see if I can make it before we go next week. Congrats to everyone who had success yesterday and today, and have a great 4th of July!

locopollo
07-04-2012, 04:53 PM
IPdivajen, wow!!!! Great picture! Love that you and DH are doing this together. :carrot: You're so lucky there!

I had a house salad with salmon added at the golf course. Salad was not how they described it. :dizzy: So I picked off the tomatoes and cheese and croutons and had a bowl of lettuce. Glad I didn't order the cesaer naked...it would have been the same! Oh well, I'm sure I will be fine.

Had some jicama and my vitamins after I got home. I am wanting something sweet though. I will probably have my snack before I go to the movies.... I'm thinking omelet with mushroom & spinach and side of salad for dinner. Oh, please let me make it through the day! :smug:

Welcome Cindy!

I want to look into this collagen. I have older skin. :(

Barb2012
07-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Hi All. I'm so glad you're here supporting one another. I'm on day 16 of phase one. I won't have my second weigh in until Friday morning, but I'm down approximately 10 pounds. I haven't lost more than a few pounds in the last year, so that is just a miracle. I'm doing pretty well, I haven't cheated but I did have two restricted items one day last week when I had PMS.

I've been feeling somewhat hung over and I'm assuming it's about ketosis or something else related to the diet. Have you experienced this feeling, did it end, and if so when?

Thanks for your help and for your inspiration!

patns
07-04-2012, 05:07 PM

Wow, what a difference between the two pictures. WTG!!!

patns
07-04-2012, 05:11 PM

You each look half the age you did in the first picture.
I always have to smile at pictures of your hubby, he looks so much like my brother.

cyndie
07-04-2012, 05:12 PM

You both look amazing! Congrats! You are the cutest couple.

Ticiabean
07-04-2012, 05:24 PM
A little down today. I've lost 0.4 pounds in my second week. Is that normal? Most people I see don't hit a plateau until later in the program.

Stefany1769
07-04-2012, 05:37 PM
STEFANYOnly one pound to go. How awesome is that. :dizzy::dizzy:Woot!!Woot!!
Thank you I am excited!
It's been a long road but worth it!!:D

swimcoachmomma
07-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Craving sweets today. Ugh. Was nearly seduced by a stupid Oreo. Conversation with self went like this....

Step away from the Oreo

Why? So tasty, and with double stuff, too.

I am not blowing this ketosis for a stupid Oreo. There are way better things to blow it on.

Oh yeah?? Name one....

Uh...um...uh.. Lemme think... Umm.... Sweet potato. I can blow my diet on sweet potato... Yeah. But of course, not today.... What would I tell my IP friends?? That I got whipped by a stinking Oreo?? I would be laughed off the forum..puhleeeze!!!

Anyway, thank you for listening. A cup of tea and a quick rant and I am ok again. Funny, DH has been struggling for a few days, and now I am.

Sassyc1979
07-04-2012, 06:19 PM
I live pretty far south so its never occurred to me to try that area! I may not get out there this year but I'll definitely keep that in mind for next year! Enjoy!

Depending on how far south you live in Austin, i hear thatPlum Creek in Kyle puts on a pretty good fireworks show. People park in the target parking lot off of I-35 to see them. We went to the ones at Grey Rock Circle C last night.

jebaughman
07-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Going on the dolphin watch, sunset, fireworks cruise on SPI. I dread the traffic on the way back. Oh well, the company will be good, grand daughter and son in law. Down another pound today. working on the second 50.
Just had the cereal pancakes for lunch. I would make them again. Actually kind of a treat. Almost as good as an Oreo - not.
I am going to make the chocolate muffins for a fireworks snack. or maybe the oatmeal cookies.

Unwaver1ng
07-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Hi! So I have a BBQ event in half an hour and then fireworks with some other friends tonight. I am trying to energize myself for it. Basically, it is the fact that I can't eat whatever I want that is secluding me, keeping me in. I am trying to convince myself that I don't need to worry about any of that. I can just enjoy being with friends and ignore the snacking and food altogether. I was hoping to bring a veggie platter, but I didn't go shopping, am broke and unprepared.

I really need to adjust the way i think. Socializing and food eating are just so intertwined for me. It's like I can't imagine one without the other.

I hope it changes as I go through this journey. oh well, I am off to face this!

~Jenni

Sorry for the whining!

SkimmerRabbit
07-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Craving sweets today. Ugh. Was nearly seduced by a stupid Oreo. Conversation with self went like this....

Step away from the Oreo

Why? So tasty, and with double stuff, too.

I am not blowing this ketosis for a stupid Oreo. There are way better things to blow it on.

Yeah, I have heard the "call of the Oreo" myself a few times lately but knowing how far it sets ya back is a definite deterent. Good for you that you did not answer the call, lol!

DanafromAustin
07-04-2012, 09:04 PM

We are at Nutty Brown for a concert and fireworks. Zilker should be fun.

IPjivajen: you and your husband look fantastic!!!

What is the liquid collagen? Never heard of it. I'm in week 3 - WI on Friday but have lost a total of 14lbs so far!:carrot: I have been having a hard time beacuse I really dislike the tatse of most of the flavors and especially the puddings and am super fearful of tons of extra skin! Do you really think the collagen helps with that?
Another question - I have been walking about 1.5 miles a day - very very slow, not out of breath but yesterday and today my leg muscles are sore. Before IP I never had that issue. Any thoughts??
happy fourth!!!
I' ve been using a powder collagen since almost the start. It was highly recomened by a weight loss guru I really trust. Has it helped? Well I still have a lot of loose skin, but who knows what it would have looked like without the collagen. I really think the collagen is good for you, but the real key is strength training to build up your muscle as you lose the fat. Also, time is key. You really won't know what you are left with for at least two years. You have to give your body time to absorb that skin.

A little down today. I've lost 0.4 pounds in my second week. Is that normal? Most people I see don't hit a plateau until later in the program.
Hang in there and trust the process. It's really not a plateau till there hasn't been ANY loss for 3 to 4 weeks.

BLUEJEWEL
07-04-2012, 10:03 PM
First off IPdivajen...WOW! Congratulations to you both, that has to wonderful to be successful together!
And swimcoachmomma! Way to fight off the DoubleStuff! You earned a BRAVO sticker!

I have been working a ton and not able to post, but I had my second weigh in on Monday, was down 2 pounds and have lost 5.5 inches in two weeks so that makes me happy.
Today I was showing property to clients (I am a Realtor) and we were out a considerable amount of time, and we wanted lunch, so I asked the group if we could go to the Brigantine where I knew I could get a spinach salad (modified of course) but with the holiday they were closed, so we ended up at Chilis...my clients had fried foods and other yummy things, my husband who was working with me today, had a huge hamburger and a beer...I had a 6 oz steak with a cajun rub, pica de gallo, and steamed broccoli. I asked the waiter to be certain there was no sugar in anything that I was ordering. He checked and assured me there was not. I asked what the put on the broccoli and fortunately he mentioned they put parmasean cheese on the broccoli, I asked him to be sure NOTHING is on it....he did an awesome job! The meal was terrific and I stayed 100% OP!

Yay Me!

But I have a question, the last two times I have had my bar (I use the pure protien bars and am on day 16) I get really really light headed and almost sick when I eat them. It almost feels like a sugar rush and then I just crash, I want to go to sleep. Has anyone else had this problem? A friend gave me a Simply Bar the other day which did not do that to me, but it was soooo good (COCOA +!) I am afraid to have them in the house. I would appreciate any feed back.
Thanks so much and congratulations to all of you 100%ers!

MaMaZu
07-04-2012, 10:12 PM
But I have a question, the last two times I have had my bar (I use the pure protien bars and am on day 16) I get really really light headed and almost sick when I eat them. It almost feels like a sugar rush and then I just crash, I want to go to sleep. Has anyone else had this problem? A friend gave me a Simply Bar the other day which did not do that to me, but it was soooo good (COCOA +!) I am afraid to have them in the house. I would appreciate any feed back.
Thanks so much and congratulations to all of you 100%ers!

Congrats on staying OP when in an unexpected situation!
Not sure about the bar problem(except they're so yummy!), but you might want to post on the Alternative thread to see if any others have had problems with the bars.

LizRR
07-04-2012, 10:12 PM

Weren't you sick last week? That has been known to affect some folks, And you had a great first WI, I wouldn't get too down or call a plateau until you've had 3-4 weeks of no loss. You may have just barely missed the whoosh!

Sassyc1979
07-04-2012, 10:13 PM
I have a bunch go the keurig k cup coffees that are flavored. The ingredients just says coffee and artificial flavors. Can I drink them?

IPdivajen
07-04-2012, 10:16 PM
I have a bunch go the keurig k cup coffees that are flavored. The ingredients just says coffee and artificial flavors. Can I drink them?

A lot of them are fine. I buy a wide variety and always look at the boxes. I figure if there's no nutritional information there's nothing in it! :)

There are some though that do have carbs/calories, so maybe google them to see if you can find nutritional info?

usmcvet
07-04-2012, 10:22 PM

Hope that helps!

Jen you are looking HOT!

YUMMY !!!!! I want lobster :D

Jen you and hubby are looking HOT!

You have both done an Awesome job.
:carrot:

Diana B
07-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Happy 4th everyone, have a great OP day!

3mama
07-04-2012, 11:15 PM

You guys look amazing! Such an inspiration to us all!

Aussieluver
07-04-2012, 11:21 PM
My goal is to lose 20 lbs by the time school starts again in August. I have just started into week 3; down 8 inches and 6 lbs so far. Just finished 1.5 mile walk ... felt really good to pass the 1 mile mark!

usmcvet
07-04-2012, 11:43 PM
NSV walked to and from the beach and two and from the fireworks yesterday. Then most walking in years. I was actually one of the faster walkers in both groups! Go IP!

sand5699
07-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Happy 4th Everyone!

Sassyc1979
07-05-2012, 12:08 AM
A lot of them are fine. I buy a wide variety and always look at the boxes. I figure if there's no nutritional information there's nothing in it! :)

There are some though that do have carbs/calories, so maybe google them to see if you can find nutritional info?

Thanks ipdivajen! The lack of nutritional info surprised me. Thanks for the suggestion. I will google them. Really missing my white chocolate mint, fingers crossed.

Ticiabean
07-05-2012, 01:14 AM
Weren't you sick last week? That has been known to affect some folks, And you had a great first WI, I wouldn't get too down or call a plateau until you've had 3-4 weeks of no loss. You may have just barely missed the whoosh!

I was sick last week. I didn't know tat could have an adverse affect on weight loss.

Delgen
07-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Happy 4th of July!

I weighed myself this morning and it said 183! That's 19 lbs in 5 weeks!!! I also got measured (finally) and lost 10 total inches in 5 weeks. 4 of those inches were in my chest :/ I definitely have noticed it there!

I went to the dermatologist yesterday, and finally did something I have been wanting to do for 10 years. I had 2 "beauty" marks on my face. They were quite huge and ugly (in my opinion). One was above my right eye and the other was on my left side of my upper lip (marilyn Monroe style). I had both removed yesterday!!! I have never been so excited about something so vain in my life!

So, I decided to stay in the house yesterday because practically half my face was bandaged up, but I had to go to the grocery, pharmacy, and a last minute meeting at the school I work at. So, everyone got to see my goofiness yesterday :)

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful OP independence day!

What a great loss!

And I think it is FABULOUS that you got to go see the demotologist! We need to be extra nice to ourselves!:D