30-Somethings - Approaching Onederland and Beyond! We did it; you can too!! (next chapter)

dogdaysofdiets
07-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Starting the next chapter of our thread. I'll post a link to this one on the old thread before we run out of posts over there. :cool:

Here's a link to the last thread...http://http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/255398-approaching-onederland-beyond-we-did-you-can-too-34.html (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/255398-approaching-onederland-beyond-we-did-you-can-too-34.html)

dogdaysofdiets
07-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Jen - saw your post from last night. I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed by home and school. I hope work goes well for you today - don't be nervous, I'm sure your nurse manager will be helpful and supportive. Sorry to hear about your little man getting bitten by bugs. :(

ItsMy - I have a quick question for you related to modern day knee surgery recovery. As you know, my last knee surgeries were nearly two decades ago...:cool:. My surgeon ordered an iceless compression machine. My insurance covers it, so I agreed and the medical supply company is dropping it off tomorrow afternoon. Do you have any experience with these machines? Obviously, this technology wasn't around for my last experiences (used old fashioned ice packs). My nurse mother says they're really effective. If you are familiar, how annoying was the machine? I hate the idea of being tethered to something...I'm a terrible patient.

Finally back down a little on the scale this morning, so now I'm only up one pound from my weekend picnic food. No big plans for today - will probably spend the day in the pool with DH and the kids. It's supposed to be HOT and humid today.

irinaelenav
07-04-2012, 08:01 AM
new thread new beggining
but this day it aint that nice i an getting alittle down: no job, am all alone no friends no nothing it is to hot aint going well omg i fell like......................p

teacher1
07-04-2012, 11:03 AM
:flame:Happy 4th of July :dancer: Off to my parents to celebrate. Everyone have a fun & safe day :carrot:

irinaelenav
07-04-2012, 02:31 PM
did i get my ticker or what!!!

irinaelenav
07-04-2012, 02:48 PM
is it to big my ticker?

dogdaysofdiets
07-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Your ticker looks great Irina!

teacher1
07-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Congrats on the ticker Irina :) Looks great!

jendiet
07-04-2012, 09:41 PM
today went ok, parts of it were so boring. Then we left the floor. Dogdays thanks for starting the new thread.

teacher, have fun.

I'm too tired to do anything but go to sleep once dinner is done. I thought I would stay up a little and do fireworks, but I am too tired.

I am frustrated with my behavior. I go all day on 2 sandwhiches and a yogurt shake. I come home and eat like 1000 calories in junk. Then I still have to eat dinner, puts me right at maintenance, which I am EXCELLENT AT!

irinaelenav
07-05-2012, 03:51 AM
it is official that pizza was the biggest worst mistake i made since i startednot that i put that much weight on 2 pounds but it wont come off omg

yesterday i tryed the taco soup wow it is goooooood

have a good day chicks

tar118
07-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Joining in again. I wanted to be out of the 2's by summer but alas not there yet. New goal is to be 196.5 (pre-baby #3 weight) by our vacation August 19th. Nine pounds to go which is about 1.5 a week until then. I think I can. I think I can. :)

irinaelenav
07-06-2012, 09:59 AM
yes u can tar we support u

getmydivaback3
07-06-2012, 11:29 AM
I would like to join in. The last couple months have been terrible for me. Between family issues and a lot of other things I have managed to forget about myself. I'm getting back on track, and hope this weight is gone soon. I want onderland so bad...about 40 pounds away.

irinaelenav
07-06-2012, 11:37 AM
getmydivaback3 welcome :grouphug:

Laifierr
07-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Hello everyone! Is it finally the weekend yet? =) Yesterday was so stressful at work but I slogged through it. Today was so much more relaxed which I am thankful for. I seriously don't get paid enough for all that I do. lol

Weight loss news! I have a new low today of 255.2! I am catching up to my BF's weight of 250 lol. I would love to weigh less than him! <3 Also, a NSV, I can now fit into my size 40 Men's shorts that I bought a couple months ago. :D

Also, why is it so HOT in Illinois. It's been in the 100s for over a week. I guess I will hide out in my little sanctuary called the basement. =) A few hours down here and you'll WANT to go outside haha

I see we have a few new members, Hello Tar and Diva! Welcome to the group =) Also, hello Irena, not sure if I got to properly say hello when you joined us.

dogdaysofdiets
07-07-2012, 05:19 AM
Jen - Maintenance calories are better than being over. Hang in there and hold strong. I hope you can find a reasonable eating plan that fits in with your new routine.

Teacher - Hope your week is going well. I bet you're spending a lot of time in the pool with this heat wave!

Irina - sorry to hear you're still feeling the effects of the pizza on the scale. It will come down, just stick to plan. Waiting is the hardest part.

Tar118 - welcome, glad to have you! Sorry you didn't make your initial summer ONEderland goal, but glad you're keeping your focus and setting realistic expectations. Our bodies are hard to control and even harder to predict at times!

Diva - welcome and thanks for joining us! I'm sorry to hear about your family challenges. Good for you for turning the focus onto yourself now! Good luck on your journey!

Lai - I hope you survive the heat. Like most of the country, we're getting slammed with it too, although not quite as hot as you guys in the Midwest. Sounds like your new job is running you ragged! I hope it settles down for you soon. Congratulations on your new low and for fitting into your small shorts! What a fabulous NSV! Weighing less than my DH was a huge mental thing for me too - it felt really good when it finally happened. :cool: At the rate you're rocking this weight loss, you'll be there before you know it!

ItsMy - just a shout out to say hello! I hope your week back to work is going well and I hope Amber's recovery is going smoothly.

Update on me - I am sooooo ready for my knee surgery on Monday. Something happened in my knee on Thursday and the pain and instability has worsened (didn't think THAT was possible). Walking has gone from challenging to unbearable. We're supposed to go blueberry picking today, and I'm still determined to go, but I think I'll be using my crutches a lot more than I'd prefer to. Monday can't come soon enough. I'm the first OR case at the hospital that day, so I should be in and out pretty quickly. Water weight is finally off from last weekend's picnic pig out! Weight is holding steady at previous low of 118.8. I normally would see a whoosh next week after TOM leaves, but with the surgery, I think the scale will go up - body will be holding LOTS of water to help repair the train wreck that is my knee.

Happy weekend everybody!!

irinaelenav
07-07-2012, 05:28 AM
dogdaysofdiets - it took 6 days to plan sticking lol but now i am down 2 pounds ( if we consider the 1 pound the pizza gave me as a present)

teacher1
07-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Hi everyone!!!

Dogdays- good luck on your surgery.. praying for a quick recovery.

Lai- where are you in Illinois?

I was in Iowa the last 2 days and now in Illinois for my stepfather's high school reunion. We head back to Kansas tomorrow. I'm ready to get back to my husband, furbabies, and my bed :) Everyone have a great Saturday!

Laifierr
07-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Weekly weigh-in #12: 255.2 pounds (same as yesterday)
Last week minus this week: 1.0 pounds
Total lost since start: 33.6 pounds
Average loss per week: 2.8 pounds
Weight to reach Mini-Goal #2: 21.3 pounds
Estimated date to reach mini goal#2: Sept 1, 2012 (based on current average)
Estimated date to reach end goal: July 14, 2013 (based on current average)

As much as I want to get away from math, it's like it's ingrained in me lol.
Dad = PhD Mechanical Engineering
Mom = Masters in business and accounting
Brother = working on PhD in nanotechnology (and some other smart crap about metal alloys)
Me = associate in graphic design :D

Laifierr
07-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Teacher, I live in Peoria =)

scarletlily23
07-07-2012, 03:14 PM
13 pounds away from one-derland!

irinaelenav
07-07-2012, 03:15 PM
keep it going scarlet

Laifierr
07-08-2012, 08:34 AM
A new low today of 254.8 :) Down .4 since yesterday and a total of 34 overall :D

irinaelenav
07-08-2012, 08:57 AM
ok i got a dilemma: this morning the scale showed +.88 . yesterday i did the elip , 1 h and 10 of walk(6 km). can that influence in negative the weight? i was expecting today to be less not more in weight!!!!!! tell me i am not going mad

Laifierr
07-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Irena, when I first started hiking, my weight loss actually slowed a lot and I did gain some. That is partly from muscle increase and water retention from the use of your muscles. Once your body gets used to continuous exercise, you'll notice the weight start going down more than up.

ItsMyTurn
07-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Jen - saw your post from last night. I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed by home and school. I hope work goes well for you today - don't be nervous, I'm sure your nurse manager will be helpful and supportive. Sorry to hear about your little man getting bitten by bugs. :(

ItsMy - I have a quick question for you related to modern day knee surgery recovery. As you know, my last knee surgeries were nearly two decades ago...:cool:. My surgeon ordered an iceless compression machine. My insurance covers it, so I agreed and the medical supply company is dropping it off tomorrow afternoon. Do you have any experience with these machines? Obviously, this technology wasn't around for my last experiences (used old fashioned ice packs). My nurse mother says they're really effective. If you are familiar, how annoying was the machine? I hate the idea of being tethered to something...I'm a terrible patient.

Finally back down a little on the scale this morning, so now I'm only up one pound from my weekend picnic food. No big plans for today - will probably spend the day in the pool with DH and the kids. It's supposed to be HOT and humid today.

Dogdays - Unfortunately that is one machine I have no experience with at all, not in-facility or out. Evidently not something utilized in our area? I will be curious to hear how you feel about it though. With Amber, she was up walking just 14hrs after surgery with help from a walker (front roller one). She has been using just a baggie with ice on the knee for help... and can never ice too much - it has truly helped her inflammation and pain levels. Hoping that machine will do the same for you? That's the idea behind it?

ItsMyTurn
07-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Irina - You did a bunch in one day, so the body holds water for the muscles you exerted, you are NOT going crazy ;) It does catch up, promise. The more "normal" it becomes for you to do that amount, the more you level out. Once you progress in fitness level and increase time or exertion though, you will see another temporary gain. The good part though, you are boosting metabolism, you are gaining muscle that will continue to burn calories even when you are not in full exercise mode :D All benefits!!! Great job!

To all the new folks - :welcome: Great to have you

Scarlet - so close to Onederland!!! Keep going !!!!

Dogdays - I guess the bonus to the new damage not being done until now is you are going to have the surgery to fix it and it re-enforces the fact you are making the right decision. I am so sorry you have had to suffer in pain though, glad it will soon be repaired.

AFM - Went for a run yesterday and it sure did help melt my stress. Going again today, but hopefully before it is 106 outside like yesterday. My arthritis doesn't like running once it gets over 102, things stiffen horribly after. Due to that, going today to try and loosen up a bit, and not going to push as hard, just get out there. Have my reading assignment I have got to knock out today for school and DD's therapy to do with her too. Hoping DH will do the grocery shopping for me today, so I don't have to try to fit that in too. Have an awesome rest of the weekend all!!!

irinaelenav
07-08-2012, 11:32 AM
ty chick i rhought i was going cu-cu lol

irinaelenav
07-08-2012, 03:11 PM
back from another round of 5.9 km in 1h 13 min. omg i was so thirsdy that i drank 1 l of water in like 5 min hehe
how is everyone doing?

ItsMyTurn
07-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Irina - That's incredible! Great job! I did my run yesterday morning and abs last night. :)

irinaelenav
07-09-2012, 02:24 PM
i spent my day in the pool today done a lot of swimming ahot day i am red like a lobstar we shall see how i will sleep.
i hope u all had/have/will have a good day!!!(lol wheigh still goin up 100 grams but still going up)

teacher1
07-09-2012, 04:32 PM
irina- swimming is great exercise... hopefully the sunburn will calm down

star- you're getting lots done... are you enjoying your classes?

dogdays- prayers your way for a safe and fast surgery today

jen- how are things going? still enjoying the new job?

Happy to be back home... got in a elip & walk on treadmill and then off for a swim. Got to get back to chores around the house.

dogdaysofdiets
07-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Hi ladies - checking in quick. Surgery went extremely well. I appreciate all the prayers and well wishes. My surgeon didn't find any surprises in the bad direction...only that my knee, once he got in there, was not quite as bad as we'd feared. He made the repairs and left me feeling a wee bit hopeful that my recovery will be easier and perhaps faster than I was initially thinking. Fingers crossed, obviously time will tell. Not too much pain, but I expect it to arrive tonight and tomorrow once all the anesthesia wears off.

Irina - one quick thing that popped into my head when I read about your sunburn. The scale will probably increase for you because in my experience my body tends to hold a lot of water weight in reaction to a sunburn. So don't panic if that happens. Give it some time and it will calm down.

ItsMy - a quick follow up about the iceless compression machine...since I've been using it all afternoon. It's called a 'VascuTherm'. It has a water reservoir that cools the water between 45-50 degrees (depending on the surgeon's prescription) and circulates the water through a cuff that you velcro around your knee (commonly used for shoulder surgery too). It also has compression (that part will start tomorrow) that inflates the cuff gently intermittently. It ices for 1.5 hours, rests for 15 mins, then begins another 1.5 hours of icing. I have to say, it's pretty neat. As much as I loathe being tethered to the machine, it's not like I'm leaving the couch today, LOL!

Teacher - Glad you're back home after a busy week! Thanks again for your support and prayers. Good luck with your chores...I hate chores. :cool:

Time for some more snoozing...hope everyone is well.

teacher1
07-09-2012, 07:10 PM
dogdays- yeah, that the surgery went well. Rest up :)

irinaelenav
07-10-2012, 03:35 AM
Irina - one quick thing that popped into my head when I read about your sunburn. The scale will probably increase for you because in my experience my body tends to hold a lot of water weight in reaction to a sunburn. So don't panic if that happens. Give it some time and it will calm down.

interesting i didnt know that :swim:
and today i got gr8 news i am down to 277.34(yesterday was 279.10) yay finaly sone light in my path :goodscale

ty all for the support, without u i woud have gone CU-CU :fr:

teacher1
07-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Hi everyone :)

Got in a home workout today. Had lunch with a friend. Now doing laundry and waiting for my DH to come home. I hope everyone had a great day.

ItsMyTurn
07-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Irina - dogdays is dead on about the sunburn. The body holds the water for not just healing, but as a defense to cooling. :) Glad you escaped the cu cu stage, :lol:

Teacher - Glad you made it home safe and great job getting in the workouts!! Good luck on house chores. As far as my classes: well, "enjoy" might be a bit strong, but I am making it through them so far :lol: Not easy squeezing in 20 hrs/wk in a week that I didn't think HAD 20 more hours in it, :rofl:

Dogdays - I am so very glad the surgery went well with no bad surprises!!!! Such great news! That machine sounds pretty awesome! It would beat the ice until the ice melts, put in freezer, let freeze, ice until the ice melts rotation we are doing here, :lol:

I took a FMLA day from work today because DD's therapist was needing a legal parent here to try the transition from walker to cane. Not only was that a success, but that strong girl made her first trip up and down our MANY stairs today!!!! :O This is where I get my strength from - my kids... they don't let ANYTHING hold them back from succeeding!!! I'm a proud momma :) On the weight loss end: I did get in some swimming, then tanned in the pool while doing a reading assignment for school, then I did Tae Bo Power with weighted gloves tonight :) Food was dead on (always easier when I am home). I didn't go running because it was 114 out. I know I should adapt, but dang, anything over 102 is too hot for me to run.

irinaelenav
07-11-2012, 03:05 AM
ItsMyTurn - yes the cu-cu stage is over scale going down(little bt little) sun burn just itching a little all goes well (except i got nojob lol)

may u all have a nice day!!

packgirl
07-11-2012, 10:07 AM
So a few weeks ago, I set a real goal to lose weight. I want to see Onderland. For the last six months, losing weight was a not real side goal of my being healthier and fit. I thought to myself, the weight would indeed come off if I'm exercising and eating right. And it has...very slowly. And I'm very okay with that. But, a few weeks ago, I decided that I do indeed want to weigh less than 200 pounds. So, here I am! Approaching Onderland!

teacher1
07-11-2012, 11:07 AM
star- wonderful news on Amber walking up and down stairs :)

packgirl- great news

dogdaysofdiets
07-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Packgirl - welcome! Congratulations on the fabulous progress you've made thus far. I hope ONEderland comes soon for you!

Star - thanks for the update on Amber. I'm so thrilled to hear about her huge progress! Tell her she's my knee inspiration. :cool:

Irina - congrats on the scale moving downward for you! So great! :carrot:

Teacher - hope your lunch was good yesterday. I'm soooo behind on social gatherings with my girlfriends. My goal was to catch up this summer but my knee is slowing that down.

Lai & Jen - hope all is well with your new jobs. Check in when you get a chance.

Not much new to report from me. I braved the scale this morning (as a joke) and just as I knew would happen, I'm up 3 pounds from the surgery...water weight plus the IV fluid plus the gallon or so of fluid they pumped into my knee during surgery (I can literally feel it sloshing around in there - gross!). Oh well. Definitely in more pain today but just taking it easy. I've been particularly hungry this week - not sure if it's a result of my body trying to heal or me just being held captive on the couch and bored. I'm still logging my food, but trying to eat on cue. No intermittent fasting this week - can't take the pain meds on an empty stomach.

packgirl
07-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks everyone.

Dogday, I hope you're feeling all better soon. Here's to the pain going away soon.

teacher1
07-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Hi everyone!

Went for a swim today and it was so refreshing. Got my car back from the shop and it's working now with no issues (knock on wood). Fingers crossed it keeps behaving.

irinaelenav
07-13-2012, 06:55 AM
Just wanted to say hello from the mediterranean sea

jendiet
07-13-2012, 11:32 AM
hello irina and glad the scale went back down from the sunburn.

dogdays, you don't know how glad I am that you are recovering so nicely. that machine sounds really neat.

teacher, hope you are doing well, and I bet you are getting alot of swimming done--which is great exercise.

packgirl, welcome and yay on your efforts so far.

star, I hope things continue to look better for Amber, she is really amazing, and she has a great role model, I think it is the other way around. the kids are great, because mom and dad are great.

Lai, hope the job is going well, but also hope that you have been reaching for the better job as well.

afm: job is going great, shift is taking a little getting used to. I really do love the job, and the people. The patients are very trying, but they can't help themselves.

as for weight loss, I am really trying to watch my calories, my milk supply has really been suffering with the schedule, and so today is a power-nurse day. I am only trying to do things that increase supply today, the teas and oatmeal.

of course, I was really good, and really busy but the scale went up from yesterday.

teacher1
07-13-2012, 05:16 PM
jen- yeah... I'm so happy for you. It's great when you find a job you like.

lai- did you get the college interview? How's work going? Getting any better?

dogdays- how's the knee? how long do you have off work? Hang in there

star- I don't blame you for not wanting to run in such heat. My dogs can't handle walking in anything over 85 degrees. I much more of an indoor exerciser with the ac on full blast :)

irina- have you always lived in Italy? It's on my wish list to travel to someday.

packgirl- hi

I got in a workout video and swim today. The roofers dropped out the supplies and should start Tues working on the roof. Going to have a quiet night at home with the furkids and husband. Everyone have a great night.

ItsMyTurn
07-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Everyone - Thank you for the wonderful support in the arena of my DD. I sometimes struggle with guilt with her, knowing it's my genetics that the RA came from... but then again, I remind myself that won't accomplish anything, so then I go back to cheerleader mode. It's a source of stress due to the first part though... a mom is supposed to fix stuff, not be the source of the problems. But... she is a tough cookie and is keeping her smile on the whole time!!!! So proud!!!

Teacher - I sure hope the roof turns out awesome. Great job with workout and swimming!!!!

Dogdays - Hopefully the pain will pass for you soon. Amber went all yesterday without a single pain med, even through her therapy!! It won't take too long as long as you keep the ice going

Jen - Sounds like you are doing good. Sorry to hear of the challenge with nursing during this transition though.

As for me, we have been having storms (monsoon season) the last 3 days and our yard is quite torn up from it all so will be cleaning that up this weekend. I didn't have time to get in a workout last night, which is kind of a bummer, but at the same point, I am learning to cut myself some slack when I have to. Work for 12 1/2 hrs/day, 20hrs/wk going to schooling, still being a mom and wife, paying bills, learning the doctors for when DH goes on the road.... I won't get ticked if I miss a night of workout :) This weekend I will make up for it though :D

irinaelenav
07-14-2012, 03:06 PM
irina- have you always lived in Italy? It's on my wish list to travel to someday.

no i am from romania but i moved to italy for work in 2007 so it seems like forever it is true

as for my wieght it is dropping sloooooooooowly only 2 pounds till now:?::?:

jendiet
07-15-2012, 04:36 PM
star, yes I agree you need to cut you some slack. But you are doing awesome, keep up the good work,

irina, how interesting. My weight drops slowly too, even more infuriating is that it goes up first. But, as long as you are making healthy lifestyle choices, it will pay off.

dogdays, woman, how are you doing? How's that knee? Hope that device is treating it great.

teacher, you can repair a roof? wow! I hope you had fun with the furbabies and husband.

afm: I am staying nauseated. I think it is the change in sleeping pattern, but it is only slightly bothersome. It feels like motion sickness. Well, I finished that last course, and at one time I thought I wasn't going to pass, but I made a 97.5 on the final project, and I got a 95 A in the course. I am so flipping excited. The paper turned out to be 37 pages long including the appendices. So go me!

I am still liking my job, we got one of our rowdiest patients back on a suitable medication regimen and she has calmed down alot, but we had only her and a new admit last night, good thing coffee made me talk ALOT, we got through the loll.

I decided instead of feeling like NOTHING I do workout wise matters---, I mean you read stuff and it says if you aren't sweating and dying you are not doing any good, and if you just walk for 15 minutes at a time a couple hours a day you are doing good---to thinking well, a 10 minute resistance session ISN'T going to hurt. And maybe a 10 minute walking session won't hurt either...who knows maybe it will help. I did wake up to the scale being very mean with a 199, but I have been watching what I eat, and I know eventually it will turn the other direction.

teacher1
07-15-2012, 05:10 PM
jen- goodness... I hope your body adjusts to your new sleep schedule soon. I mean the roofers are coming Tues/Wed to put on the new roof.

dogdays- how are you feeling?

star- did you get in a swim this weekend?

irina, lai, packgirl- hi.. how was the weekend?

It was a cleaning day. Before the cleaning, I got in a workout- elip and treadmill walk. Now we're off to get my DH a new bike. His old bike kept having tire issues.

dogdaysofdiets
07-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Hey girls - I've been reading but not responding because I'm on bed rest with my knee elevated above my head...making it hard to type. So no individual responses tonight but wanted to let you all know I'm still here. Unfortunately I had a significant setback on Thursday morning related to excessive bleeding and swelling (essentially the swelling was forcing blood to pool). It's improving slowly with the bed rest, but as Star can confirm, the worst thing in the world for a post operative knee is to keep it immobilized. The longer I'm waiting for the swelling to subside, the longer this recovery will be. Bearing weight is still difficult due to the swelling. I'm literally up 6 pounds on the scale - that's how much fluid my body has packed on and won't let go of. And it's ALL settled in my right leg - even my foot is swollen. It's not a blood clot - they ruled that out. I know my body is working hard to heal because my metabolism is revved up big time - I'm hungry (real hunger) nonstop. But I'm keeping the eating in check. Back to the surgeon tomorrow morning. I feel like I live there these days.

ItsMyTurn
07-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Jen - 10 mins here and there adds up to some great responses from your body if that's all you can fit in. I love an adrenaline rush of pushing a body... but it's not the only effective method by any means. I sure hope the sleep gets better for you, adjusting can be such a pain - the mind knows when you are supposed to sleep and the body doesn't always listen

Teacher - Great job with the workout and the cleaning! Super productive! Did your DH like the new bike? I didn't get in a swim due to monsoon storms daily, but did get in some great activity :) Total "win" in my book!

Dogdays - :hug: I wanted to start with a hug, because I also know that a setback that slows the movement is also the most frustrating thing in the world to a person that wants to just "move". I am so sorry to hear of the complication, but am so glad you are listening to what you are supposed to do. You being so hungry is actually a good sign and so glad to hear it. Don't worry about the fluid. We are 3 weeks in for Amber's recovery and still her knee is holding fluid and swollen - even without a setback, surgery near/on joints take longer to let go of that fluid. I swear that IV has some kind of absorption property or something, :lol: Big ol' hugs to you though, it will get better. Let's get that knee good enough to get the weight-bearing and movement for you. Do they have you doing heal presses during your PT? Or have you started physical therapy yet?

Saturday I wasn't going to run due to humidity, but once out, I just couldn't help myself. Everyday this week since the humidity and monsoon has hit I have had chest pain and breathing issues though, so being cautious about it. Those nodules on my lungs sure hate the moisture in the air. Ibroprophen is my friend and I have been doing as much as able, but not more than able. Sunday was moving furniture around and doing some heavy cleaning - that was a workout in my book, so didn't push beyond that. I had put on weight when stuck in hospital with DD, so working on knocking that down and have been under calorie goal daily, but not too much so won't hurt metabolic rate at all :) This is such a process!

packgirl
07-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Good morning folks. Up to 220 this am likely due to pizza,ice cream and potato chips and stress from the weekend. Our vbs started last night and that's always crazy. Bodice came in for my grandmother friday and my granddaughter nearly burnt their house down friday night. We spent saturday cleaning the mess. Oh did I mention the evening help for them quit on friday as well? Ugh. Gon na be a busy week.

MockingBird
07-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Hey everyone I decided to jump the train to Onederland this week spontaneously after losing 5 pounds suddenly after stopping breastfeeding my one year old. You'll find me at the front of the train ringing the bell!! If I can lose 5, whats another 51 right???? Whoop Whoop!!!!

teacher1
07-16-2012, 08:09 PM
mockingbird- welcome!!

dogdays- hang in there... hopefully you get some relief soon

packgirl- just jump back into your program... I really struggle with food choices

The roofers will come tomorrow... let the fun begin. So the furkids and I will head to my mom's house. I'm getting excited I leave for CA in 2 weeks on 7/31. I'm so ready for a fun vacation. :)

Laifierr
07-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Sorry it's been a few days since I've been on :) My new job has been keeping me pretty busy and I am drained by the end of the day. I had my interview with the college, but I was nervous and feel like I didn't answer the questions well enough :/

In the weight loss world, I am currently riding out a spike from a weekend splurge off plan. I weighed in this morning at 256.0 but I hope it goes back to what my last low was by the end of the week. :)

In the world of my jewelry making business, I just got the first series of buttons done and up on my Etsy site. I've already had a couple sales as well :D If you'd like to see them, here is a link http://www.etsy.com/shop/impostu?section_id=11835096

ItsMyTurn
07-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Packgirl - you can recover. Everyone has "oopsies" times and it's just a matter of how well you recover that makes the difference :)

Mockingbird - :welcome: You can totally do it!!!

Teacher - glad the roofers will take care of things for you. Super yay for a vacation!!! I am so glad! Hope you love CA!!!

Lai - Hope the interview turns out better than you thought :) Great job getting the set of buttons done! No doubt your low will return real soon!!

Jen - Hi :wave:

Dogdays - Hi! :wave:

After I got home from work last night, did a few hours of schooling and then hopped on the elliptical. I was beyond exhausted after running on just 3 hours of sleep, but have to tell you all, it felt so good to still get all my responsibilities done :) A sense of pride even when running on empty. As for right now, off to work again!

MockingBird
07-17-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm glad to be here, making a difference to my life and knowing that all of you ladies have my back. I'm dieting in secret - I never ever tell anyone and therefore I dont get the support, apart from from you guys of course. I hope that I can bring back your enthusiasm for why you are doing this with my newbie starter enthusiasm. I am so pumped to go! Anything is possible! I'm going all of the way this time. What was it that made you want to diet? For me, its clothes. I have in my head an image of what I would really like to wear, and its a Diane von Furstenburg dress (in my dreams) and some knee high boots. I already have a wrap dress and some knee high boots but they are fat girl boots. They are extra wide and I still have to struggle to do the zip up!! I have had enough! I never dare to wear them because I dont want to expose my elephant legs to others. I am a dress wearer dammit. My figure calls for dresses. My personality calls for dresses. But elephants dont wear dresses! I chose a designer dress because they wouldnt fit me right now, but in a few months I will be rocking one. This is the outfit that keeps me going. What keeps you going?

irinaelenav
07-17-2012, 10:16 AM
:wave: everyone :sorry:i havent been here for the past few days. i was at the beach every other day
:yikes: and about the wight stalllllllling omg aint going well ,this "going to the beach" took me out of plan a little ( an icecream here, a little piece of pizza there) pls just make it snow :brr:so i stay in town and work out the pounds

teacher1
07-17-2012, 05:37 PM
mockingbird- what keeps me going is I want to start a family. But I want to be at a healthy weight before we start trying

irina- I could use some snow here too. I sweat a lot in the heat and it been so hot here lately. I'm looking forward to Fall.

I must admit it's been such a terrible day and I feel bad since it's my DH bday and he'll be home shortly. I got up at 6:00, which is really early for me to prepare for the roofers who said they would be here at 7:00ish. 8:30 rolls around no roofers- I call and they said they were coming. 10:30- still no one. 11:15- they went to the wrong house. I finally left at 12:30 and still no one was here. I got back at 3:15 and 2 guys and 2 trucks just standing in my driveway talking and didn't move or acknowledge me. So the dogs were going crazy with them walking on the roof. I look out and a boy around 10 was in my backyard hopping up and down on my fence swinging. He was a big kid and we have an electric fence for the dogs attached to the fence. No one was working in the backyard so he had no reason to be there. I would have talked to one of the adults but the main guy who booked the service said the guys wouldn’t speak English. I’m just so grumpy with the situation. I’m not sure if I’m overreacting about the kid because they were so late and now I’m just in a bad mood. The kid is lucky I didn’t let out the dogs. How would I know he was out there. What a day and it’s just the beginning of their work. So over this. ☹

packgirl
07-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Haven't felt so well today. Was up a better part of the night sick.

VBS is going on for two more nights so I'm still not eating my normal stuff, but this is a lifestyle and there is nothing forbidden in what I eat. I just practice a lot more moderation than I did in the past.

jendiet
07-18-2012, 12:11 AM
teacher, yuk, so sorry it went so bad. My day was pretty sucky too. I have to work in the morning, so I am getting ready for bed, tomorrow is a new day.

star, glad you got all your dues accomplished. You are a winner.

mockingbird, clothes are a big motivator for me too. I want to look cute in an outfit again instead of just clothed, if that makes sense.

packgirl, not sure what VBS is but I agree with your approach.

irina, how is it going?

dogdays, keep recovering...you are such a winner with your weight loss, I know you will rock this too.

afm: Today was BAD day, maybe it is because I haven't taken my Synthroid in 4 days, but I was moody, depressed, and ate horribly. I also have had a stomach thing going on, where I can't eat or I will vomit. Very uncomfortable. I make up for it ALOT when the nausea goes away and I eat like a pig. Hard to lose weight acting like that. I think it is the schedule because when I was younger and stayed up all night I would stay nauseous all day.

I did go for a 1.5 mile run on my rebounder last night at 3 am though. So at least I did well with that.

Hopefully tomorrow, I will feel more in control.

I guess another bad part of today was finding out we won't be able to move until I pay off alot of my credit card debt. Once, i do that we will be approved for a nice loan.

irinaelenav
07-18-2012, 03:19 AM
irina, how is it going?
going ummm.......................:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: 0.1 a day :dizzy::dizzy: dunno what messed up my diet and weight loss this month. when i think i lost last month 11 pound and this month 2.4 i am going insane but this is life

:wave: to everyone. this economical crisis is is inducing me a crisis. omg i am out of money out of hope out of everything. ohh well i hope i will find a job soon if not i will.....:frypan::kickcan::stars::yikes:

teacher1
07-18-2012, 11:37 AM
irina- what kind of job are you looking for? Hang in there

jen- thanks... working out at 3:00am, that is impressive

I've calmed down a lot since yesterday. The roofers worked until 9:15 last night and came at 8:15 this morning. So I'm at my mom's house today with the furkids. Heading out for a swim :)

irinaelenav
07-18-2012, 01:28 PM
i went today to a place that i heard were looking( something like a nurse here it is called: social sanitary operator sory for the translation) and saturday and sunday i will go to do 2 days of working to see if i/they like me .i am allways affraid of making a bad impression(i am the shy type of girl) i am terriffied of that. god help me cause if i dont beggin work soon i am out of money daaaaaadly

tar118
07-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Still hovering around 205 but I found some more motivation. New motivation: thinking about baby #4! I absolutely need to lose 10 more pounds before considering it BUT all my friends are pregnant and I'm a bit baby crazy at the moment. lol.

ItsMyTurn
07-18-2012, 04:25 PM
mockingbird - What keeps me going? Knowing my children are not embarrassed to be out with me, knowing that with decreased weight and improved health, I function better...and finally... looking fine in a pair of jeans that makes my DH take a double-take look at my butt :lol:

Teacher - Glad you calmed down, but I would have been ticked too. Not only did you go wasting most of your day waiting for them, but also had a disrespecting child on property due to it too. Glad they showed on time today though and that you are taking a swim - sounds fun!

Packgirl - you are so right, everyday is what this is for the future and you should deprive yourself of nothing. It's hard at church functions, they all seem to revolve around food! Vacation Bible School always seems to have kid-fun-treats all day too!!! You can do it :)

Jen - So sorry to hear your mood is in the pits. Hope your stomach turns around and gets better real soon. Why haven't you been taking your meds? You so don't have to answer if you don't want to, mainly curiosity. VBS is Vacation Bible School. It commonly runs during a time period during the summer for the kiddos. Lots of activities, bible fun, and some learning in there too :)

Got home from work last night, ate at my computer (didn't have time to sit with the family) to do my schoolwork, then did a swimming workout (too dark to go for a run or anything).... I was asleep before 9 last night! Unheard of, but guess I was all worn out. More refreshed when my alarm went off at 3:30am then I had been all week! Hip, knee, wrist and jaw are in a flare today, but still going to try to push through and get in a workout tonight :) No pain, no gain I suppose. Not to mention those workouts are my only "me" time in a day, where I make the world go away and it's just me, my heart beat, and my MP3 :)

teacher1
07-19-2012, 10:59 AM

Still getting the roof done.. so spending another day at my parents with the furbabies. I'm glad my parents live close by. Going for a swim. Crossing my fingers the roof will get done today. Still waiting to see when they schedule the patio stain guy.

ItsMyTurn
07-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Teacher - Keeping fingers crossed that the roof gets done so you can plan out the patio staining. So glad you have your mom close, that makes it a nice place to run away to at times like that

Got out of work and ran a couple errands. Got home in time for some supper around the table with the family. Did some organizing in the bedroom - working on incorporating my organizational ways throughout the house so when DH is cleared to hit the road I know I can handle everything. Got half the schoolwork done tonight, the rest will be done in the morning. No work tomorrow cause of 2 appointments for family I have to attend, so will have time to double up my workouts - therefore taking the night off of workouts and just going to do some much needed chilling. Watch some Big Brother, and just relax

teacher1
07-20-2012, 11:12 AM
star- I'm glad to see a little down time planned for you :) When does your husband start his new job?

Hi everyone!!! Happy Friday!

At my parents... hoping today the roof will get done. It looks pretty much done but it's a huge mess all around my house. So praying they clean up like was promised. Those roofers have such a tough job.. outside in 100 degree temps. Off to swim.

Laifierr
07-20-2012, 11:53 AM
New low today of 253.8! :) One pound lower than my last low and finally off that spike I had from last weekend. I've lost a total of 35 pounds and I need to use a belt now to keep my size 40 men's shorts on :D haha

teacher1
07-20-2012, 02:09 PM
New low today of 253.8! :) One pound lower than my last low and finally off that spike I had from last weekend. I've lost a total of 35 pounds and I need to use a belt now to keep my size 40 men's shorts on :D haha

:carrot: Yeah Lai

packgirl
07-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Whew...I've been able to breathe today. All I've done is go to the gym, sleep, and read. I have a 5k tonight and I'm pretty nervous. But, Bible School is done. The kids had a blast and learned a lot. I pretty much stopped eating the food by Tuesday night, other than a taste. But still, no schedule, no measuring...ugh.

Up a little this am but with lack of sleep, crazy eating, etc, it doesn't surprise me. We'll see where I am in a few days.

Lai--Woohoo!

Itsmyturn -- when you're done there, will you pleeease come to my house? I really thought that I was going to get so much done this summer, but that plan went down the drain with every thing else.

Teacher--I hope the roof job went well and is all done.

Irinia -- Good luck!

irinaelenav
07-21-2012, 04:26 AM
:dance::dance::dance:i am now down to 272.27 lol 30 pounds down.it is strange. even if TOM is in the city i lost more this week them from the beggining of the month :carrot:

teacher1
07-21-2012, 10:55 AM
irina- way to go :)

packgirl- glad you had such a fun time at vbs... must feel good to be done

dogdays- how are you feeling? has the swelling gone down?

jen- how are your kids doing? are they adjusting to you working?

star- have anything fun planned this weekend? I like your new profile pic!

tar- hi

lai- great progress... how are things at work?

The roofers finished yesterday :) We're still not done... but the big main part is complete. I'm spending today at home.. working out, cleaning, and relaxing. Happy Saturday :)

Laifierr
07-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Today is my weekly weigh-in #14 (day 101 of my lifestyle change!).

#14: 253.4 (down .4 since yesterday)
#13: 257.8 (had a spike that week)
#12: 255.2

I've lost a total of 35.4 pounds since the start. woot!

I am still caffeine free :D I also have been vegetarian/vegan 95% of the time and have stayed away from added sugar and sugar substitutes 95% of the time.

I am looking forward to continued weight loss :) And can't wait to get to the 240s

ItsMyTurn
07-21-2012, 04:35 PM
star- I'm glad to see a little down time planned for you :) When does your husband start his new job?

Hi everyone!!! Happy Friday!

At my parents... hoping today the roof will get done. It looks pretty much done but it's a huge mess all around my house. So praying they clean up like was promised. Those roofers have such a tough job.. outside in 100 degree temps. Off to swim.

Unfortunately it looks like that has to be put on hold right now. He has gone for the physical and found to have high blood pressure, now on meds... high cholesterol (scary high), now on meds...the triglycerides were so high (over 400) they couldn't even get a measure of good and bad cholesterol.... and sleep apnea and battling with insurance to cover a sleep study. Until all of these things are under control they won't even let him attend the schooling and get behind the wheel of a truck due to liability issues

ItsMyTurn
07-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Whew...I've been able to breathe today. All I've done is go to the gym, sleep, and read. I have a 5k tonight and I'm pretty nervous. But, Bible School is done. The kids had a blast and learned a lot. I pretty much stopped eating the food by Tuesday night, other than a taste. But still, no schedule, no measuring...ugh.

Up a little this am but with lack of sleep, crazy eating, etc, it doesn't surprise me. We'll see where I am in a few days.

Lai--Woohoo!

Itsmyturn -- when you're done there, will you pleeease come to my house? I really thought that I was going to get so much done this summer, but that plan went down the drain with every thing else.

Teacher--I hope the roof job went well and is all done.

Irinia -- Good luck!

How did the 5k go? Maybe it's in another post and I just haven't gotten that far yet? :lol: It's going to be awhile before I am done here, :rofl: Just got my study almost done, one more shelf to go up... then it's kitchen organizing, then files... all in between 13hr/day gone to my job and full time schooling, and kids, and... well, you get the idea. So it's a SLOW process, :lol: My DH has refused to allow me a label maker knowing everything will get labelled, but have to say, almost broke him on that so going to keep trying, :lol:

ItsMyTurn
07-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Teacher - thank you so much for the compliment on my pic :) My DH took it and said no one ever gets to see me before I go to work... how I dress, keep the hair up, etc, so he snapped the pic.

Everyone else - Great job on the losses! Excellent!!!

AFM - got my run in this morning, had breakfast, got a shelf put up in study and one more left to go before it's done... now getting everyone showered and ready as we have to go to BIL's 50th birthday party. It's over 100 and I just want to stay in the house and fill the cooking orders I got for the weekend, but obligations must rule and I will stay up and do it later or do them tomorrow since they are both due on Monday. Also have to do my reading assignments for school, but thinking that will for sure happen during afternoon tomorrow - if sun holds out over monsoon storms then I will do them floating in the pool :)

teacher1
07-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Happy Sunday!!!

Off to the in-laws today. Everyone have a great day!!!

ItsMyTurn
07-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Teacher - Hope you have a great day at the in-laws!!! Anything special going on, or just a visit?

I drank too much yesterday... so was over calories.. but fun and worth it. Today... schoolwork, cleaning, organizing, exercising... all of the "ings" :lol:

teacher1
07-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Unfortunately it looks like that has to be put on hold right now. He has gone for the physical and found to have high blood pressure, now on meds... high cholesterol (scary high), now on meds...the triglycerides were so high (over 400) they couldn't even get a measure of good and bad cholesterol.... and sleep apnea and battling with insurance to cover a sleep study. Until all of these things are under control they won't even let him attend the schooling and get behind the wheel of a truck due to liability issues

I didn't see this before... I hope the meds help lower it and praying he gets in the sleep study. My stepfather has sleep apnea and wears a sleep mask which helps a lot.

teacher1
07-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Teacher - Hope you have a great day at the in-laws!!! Anything special going on, or just a visit?

I drank too much yesterday... so was over calories.. but fun and worth it. Today... schoolwork, cleaning, organizing, exercising... all of the "ings" :lol:

just a late visit for my husband's bday (it was tues). Glad you had a fun day yesterday :carrot:

ItsMyTurn
07-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Teacher - Hope you enjoyed yourself :)

I got the cleaning, workout, organizing worked on..then started reading the schoolwork, getting some sun and the wind picked up - saw this coming (attached photo). Needless to say, that ended study time, :lol: Happy monsoon season

irinaelenav
07-23-2012, 04:14 PM
ok it seems the sun has come out on my street too:
from 1 of august i got a new job(for 3 months with the possibiity of going on )
i am at 271 today(but i ate watermelon for dinner so tomorrow dunno what the scale will say)
and nothing i hope everyone is ok.

lol today i went to the job interview.i put on a pare of jeans and a silk top. and for the fist time in a losg time i saw myself in a big mirror and said to myself: there is a nice shape on that body underneeth all that weight. really for the first time i liked what i saw. i wont stop here but it happened for me(i never dreamt this moment will come and that i will think that). maybe i will put a photo tomorrow (like a then and now photo)

lol this is the longest post i have posted.sorry

teacher1
07-23-2012, 05:19 PM
irina- congrats on the new job!!!!

ItsMyTurn
07-24-2012, 07:43 AM
Irina - that sounds awesome! Glad you had a great NSV!!! Nothing like being happy with what you see with yourself

teacher1
07-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi everyone!

Good day.. still waiting on the deck people.. fingers crossed for tomorrow. Went for a swim this afternoon. Starting my week countdown to my big trip :)

irinaelenav
07-26-2012, 03:42 AM
:chin: ummm i gotta tell u something chick........dunno how to tell u...............ummmmmm...................i just reached my mini goal 5 days in advance:yes::yes::yes: i did.
i didnt think this month will be a good one since the first 2 weeks i didnt loose about nothing. but now yay i did it and as i promised myself if i reach my goal i will buy me some fish for my acquarium:carrot:

so :crazy: to the pounds

ItsMyTurn
07-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Teacher - I am glad you had a good day! :)

Irina - Great job on meeting the goal!!! :carrot: :carrot: What an awesome feeling to even reach it ahead of schedule!!!!

Last night I got home from work, did my schoolwork, then did some serious lifting. It felt so good to just push myself and exert! Then got into my email to see a message that my order for Insanity had been shipped!!! :dance: Yay!

teacher1
07-26-2012, 11:55 AM
irina- way to go :)

star- Insanity, very impressed. I heard that's a hard core workout!

dogdays- how are you feeling? thinking of you!

jen & lai- how are the jobs ladies?

packgirl- hi

did I miss anyone???

Today the deck guy finally came out. He's power washing the deck & hopefully will stain it later today or tomorrow morning. Off for a swim :) Everyone have a great day!

dogdaysofdiets
07-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Growl...I just lost my big post. Sigh...guess I'll do the summary version this time.

Checking in to say hi! Sorry I've been quiet - I returned to work in the middle of last week and I've been swamped, despite working from home while I was out. I'm so thrilled to hear everyone's updates...new lows, new jobs, new roofs, new hot momma avatar pic. Loving it all! :cool:

My knee recovery is going extremely well. My limping stopped last week (10 days post op) and I started taking walks this week. I can make it almost one mile before my knee complains too loudly. I'm hoping to grow the distance a little next week. I have clearance from my surgeon to use my elliptical but my range of motion is still limited to a 90 degree bend (typically the last thing to return after a knee surgery) so it's not quite in the cards for me yet, but hopefully soon. It feels good just to walk normal again. Just being able to drive and enjoy my new car has been a novelty! The things we take for granted, eh? ItsMy - how is Amber's recovery going? Please tell her I've been thinking about her...my surgery was nothing compared to hers. I hope it's giving her new and improved opportunities.

As for the scale - I'm still fighting the surgical water retention but I'm finally down to 119.6 this morning, so about a pound up from my pre surgery weight. DH and I have date night tomorrow night and we're going to our favorite Italian restaurant...carb load...so I'm sure I'll be seeing another uptick Sunday morning related to that, but a night out on the town with DH is sooooo worth it! :hug:

ItsMyTurn
07-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Teacher - Hooray for having the deck guy finally making progress! :dance: Insanity, according to those I know who have done/are doing it, is one of the hardest workouts on the market. This of course has intrigued me and now I wanna do it!!! :rofl: I am such a masochist sometimes!

Dogdays - I am so glad you are moving around and recovering so well now!!! I will be sure to tell Amber, it will give her a boost to know someone is thinking of her. She has been in tears a lot lately. School is soon to be starting and her "friends" are pressuring her to attend - which she can't and will be doing online to not fall behind. Due to this, she is realizing that this is holding her back a bit socially - during summer break wasn't a big deal cause she didn't need to do anything and didn't miss anything. She is walking mostly without her cane unless it's longer distances now..she has done amazing..but hard for a 16 yr old to focus on the good when they get frustrated and depressed. Just trying to help her keep her chin up now. She doesn't have pain in it like before though - she is OFF all the narcotics!!!! I am happy for her to have her new knee :)

Jen - Long time, no hear. You ok girl? Must be busy :) Stop by and say hey sometime

irinaelenav
07-27-2012, 04:38 PM
hello everyone! today it was a looooooooong day looooooooooooong work day 13 hours work day and tomorrow i will do it again! new job lol.it went well i suppose , new ppl new place to get used to new colegues new old ppl to learn about omg , i am going drazy just thinking(i work at a retirement home).
i hope i survive tomorrow.

if u dont here from me till this time tomorrow it meant i will be dead asleep.

wishing u all to a good day

teacher1
07-27-2012, 09:09 PM
dogdays- that's great that you're back to work and getting around :) only going to get better

irina- wow that is a long shift... good luck with your second day tomorrow. get some rest

star, jen, lai, packgirl- have a good weekend

The deck started to get stained today but they didn't finish. It looks very orange and so they're going to have to get a different color. Fun times. Off to watch some tv with the DH. Any fun weekend plans?

irinaelenav
07-28-2012, 01:39 PM
lol ty teacher but i will have a 3rd long shift tomorrow i dont know if i am going to do tit to finish the whole day omg

ItsMyTurn
07-29-2012, 02:50 AM
Irina - I have no doubt you can handle the work schedule ;) Own it :)

Dogdays - Any "not-orange" progress on the deck today?

Last night my DH met me in my work parking lot with 2 dozen roses, we came home and he prepped a private supper for us (of course I had to go running first, :lol: )... after we ate, I showered and changed, then we did dessert, danced to some old school music, then watched a movie. He prepped a bath for me after that... our night didn't end until after midnight! It is our 12th anniversary today, but he wanted to celebrate last night so I would be gone at work so he could prepare all of this without me knowing. So sweet :) Today DH and I went and played tennis. In 100 degree heat, it definitely burned some calories!

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!

teacher1
07-29-2012, 11:41 AM
star- the orange is gone and it's more of a light brownish/grey.. we wanted a dark brown. oh well, we plan to build a bigger deck in the next couple of years. We're just ready to be done with the workers here. Your husband is so romantic!!! Happy anniversary! Glad you had such a special day!

irina- are you liking the new job?

Lazy Sunday here. Getting some things done around the house. i need to start figuring out what I'm wearing on my trip. I tend to over pack. Everyone have a great Sunday!

ItsMyTurn
07-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Teacher - Doesn't sound too bad...better than the orange :) Yea... DH pulled it out..although this is going to sound horrible, but it was the first good anniversary we have had in years... like since the 3rd. I told him he did manage to nail it good this year though, I was totally surprised and had a perma-smile on my face all night :D

No idea what is in store today for workout - would love to run, but not sure the temp out. Have a great rest of the weekend all!

irinaelenav
07-29-2012, 01:31 PM
i just arrived home after my 3rd day long shift. i am in pieces but i survived , i like it kinda(it is the beggining so .....) but i hope it will go well in august.

hoping u all chick are safe and sound i wissh u good morning good evening got in my case good night cause me going to shower and slleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

teacher1
07-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Irina- great news on the job

star- I'm so amazed how you run in such hot weather. I'm dying here with the 100 degree weather :( I can't wait for the low 80's in Cali!

I'm sitting here trying to get motivated to pack. I can never figure out what to bring on trips. I hope everyone is having a great day :)

irinaelenav
07-30-2012, 03:54 PM
and loook....................another long shift. i get it i am the new girl on the block but i am not a machine to work 4 days of 11 hours each and 3 more normal days with 1 day of pause.what say u chicks???

as for the weight in am now a 268 lol with this work days my eating is haotic: morning yogurt, luch haotic(i have been eating potatoes and my diet says no to them but i have to eat something) dinner lol soo tired that even the best cooked fish seems tasteless . this week is terribile(except for the fast i got a job) exhausting. and next week my dad come to visit and look i will see him like 3 full day out of his 17 days of visit. it makes me cry really i am sad cause he come once a year and stays with us.

for god's sake i am glad i got a job but they dont have the right to make a slave out of me and working with edlerly ppl aint that easy u know.

excuse my long post but i really needed to say what was on my hear.

ty for listening.

ItsMyTurn
07-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Teacher - Always better to prepare for anything when packing. That's why I always over pack, LOL!

Irina - That's how people get burnout. I am so sorry they have slung you right into this so hard.

My youngest DD and I just completed the Insanity Fit test (I took day off today for my other DD's therapy). We both ended up on the floor to breathe a bit, but pushed as hard as we were able to. Hoping we recover enough today to do the first "real" workout :lol: tonight. DH said it sounded like we were going to come through the ceiling... I told him to move if he didn't like it to another room :rofl: no sympathy from me and DD since WE are the ones DOING something :rofl:

dogdaysofdiets
08-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Teacher- hope you have a fabulous trip out to California! Enjoy!

Irina- your new job sounds exhausting. I hope it settles down for you soon. Enjoy your visit with your dad!

Itsmy- too funny about the fit test. Hope the first workout goes well for you! Loved your anniversary story. How sweet of your DH. Our anniversary is this coming Sunday but we don't have any plans. I'm not as sentimental as my DH is so admittedly I don't put much thought into it. And DH doesn't think to plan things ahead of time, LOL, so our day will probably go like this...DH "what do you feel like doing?" Me "I don't care, what do you feel like doing?"...we'll shrug our shoulders and settle on going out to dinner. We're so boring!

Not much new with me. Still holding my pound of water weight. Annoying but I haven't eaten enough for it to be real. My walks have gotten a little longer this week so I'm happy with my progress. We leave for Disney in a couple weeks so I ordered my wheelchair through my insurance company. I'm not planning to use it the whole time, just when I need it. I know realistically there's no way I can make a whole week walking 10 miles a day.

packgirl
08-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Teacher -- enjoy your trip!

Irina -- things will settle down and you'll soon find your groove!

Itsmy -- what a sweet hubs! happy anniversary! Grats on your fit test! I'm too scared to even try. XD

Dogdays -- so glad you're feeling better and making progress. Kudos to you being realistic and not wanting to push yourself too much, but instead just enough!

We were to leave for the beach this am but hubs' client had to postpone. So we're leaving either tonight or in the morning. I'm ready for a little vacation. Things are winding down before school starts back.

Laifierr
08-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Well, it has been a few days since I've last been on to chat with you ladies, but I am back! :-)

Last weekend my boyfriend and I celebrated our third year together which ended up being two nights of going out to eat. (eek) so the scale is still rolling over from that one. And I am sitting at 256.0 since yesterday.

Speaking of Yesterday! I was just hired for the General Office Assistant position with the community college and I start on Monday! :D :D :D :D Good-bye old job, hello new job! I talked with my assistant manager at my old job and let him know what is happening and I will finish out my last few days over the weekend at this job and then be done. (I have a phobia of talking to people in positions of power, ie managers. My old self, I would have just done a no call, no show... but Today I turned over a new leaf and actually went in to talk to the manager. I survived!)

I go in for a drug test and a physical exam today and then finish out a partial shift at my old job tonight.

In celebration, I bought a few new tops for my new job. I need to wear more dressy clothing... most of my wardrobe is t-shirts and jeans haha

They are also offering me about 50 cents higher than the initial rate which they were first going to give me. :-)

So woo! I am thrilled :D

Also, my little Etsy shop is doing pretty good. I've had quite a few buttons and some jewelry sell in the last few days. :-)

I hope everyone else is doing good and staying cool!

irinaelenav
08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
hello chick back from the afternoon shift! exhausting cause 4 new ppl came in and i didnt knew them and learn everything about them in little time. ohh well i survived.

i wont enjoy my dad's visit cause i will see him 2 full days. because i do mornings , afternoons ,. nights soo be with him a full day lol 2 of them but well i will enjoy the half days with him.

how are u chicks? i hope u all are allright .

dogdaysofdiets
08-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Packgirl - have a great trip to the beach! Sounds like fun!

Laifierr - howdy! A HUGE congratulations on scoring the new job!!! I'm smiling from ear to ear for you. :D Glad you were able to find the courage to give notice to your old job - always best not to burn that bridge. Don't worry about the uptick after eating out...water weight I'm sure.

Irina - sounds like another busy day. Glad you survived it. :dizzy:

irinaelenav
08-01-2012, 04:36 PM
hehe :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::eek::eek::eek: :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: lol survived barely but i think they are testing us(the new workers) to see if we can do it stress and all.:devil::devil::devil:

teacher1
08-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Hi everyone!!!!

Lai- congrats on the new job! so excited for you

packgirl- the beach vacation sounds great

dogdays- how's the knee doing?

star- how's school going?

jen- you must be so busy with the new job. how are things going?

irina- sounds like such a busy place to work... at least you won't get bored

Back from California.... it was such a busy trip. Tons of fun... San Diego beach and zoo, Universal Studios, and Disneyland. Taking today off to regroup and let my feet rest.

ItsMyTurn
08-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Lai - Congrats on the 3 yrs and no worries on eating out - you were celebrating and life needs to continue even with us being careful

Irina - You survived... yay :)

Dogdays - How is your recovery? I think of you when DD and I are working on her PT

Teacher - Welcome back and so glad the trip was so much fun for you! That's great!!! A well deserved trip for sure!

Been doing Insanity now and hanging in there. I am up at 3:30am, driving to work by 5:30 after getting kids' meds and such ready (and myself)... work til 4 (5 last night), home around 5:15ish... then it's supper in front of the computer while doing schoolwork, then after schoolwork it's Insanity.. cool down, shower, bed by 10-11pmish. This is pretty much my normal weekday, so not much to tell. Have a great day all!!!

SoulSurvivor
08-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm not a 30something but I'm trying to get closer to onederland everyday. So I thought I'd give myself a bit of accountability and join the thread :) I don't remember ever seeing onederland as an adult so I really need to do this.

dogdaysofdiets
08-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Soul- WELCOME!!! You're getting very close to ONEderland. Keep up the good work!

Teacher- glad you had a great trip! I'm heading to CA for work on Monday morning...no time for fun though. That'll come the day after I return from CA...when we leave for our Disney World vacation.

Itsmy- your days sound packed but structured within a solid routine. Good for you.

My knee is doing well. My body absolutely refuses to go back below 119 so I assume there's still a lot of healing going on in there. I've been on plan with eating and have been increasing my walk distance each day. I even started a bit of cardio on my elliptical last night. Got 15 minutes in and felt good about it. The joint is still swollen a bit and stiff but definitely improving every day.

irinaelenav
08-09-2012, 03:37 PM
yes i surived but my wight loss didnt. i was at 266 and now am 269 all due to the night shift i do and it messes up with the dinner hours. like instead of eating dinner at 6 or 7 pm (due to the fact that i begin the night shift at 6 pm) i eat it at midnight and from there it all messed up. dunno what to do.

happy to have a job but it messes up my diet.

teacher1
08-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Soul- welcome!!!

dogdays- have a good work trip. Where are you staying at Disney World? We have time share at Old Key West. Disney World is my favorite vacation spot. We go on May 22. So a long time away but plane tickets are bought :) Glad to hear good things on your healing process :)

star- such a busy woman!!! your schedule makes me sleepy just reading it.

irina- I think you just have to give your body time to adjust to your new work schedule. Then the scale will start moving.

I ran errands this morning then headed to the ymca water park with my brother. So no formal workout but had fun swimming around and relaxing in the lazy river.

irinaelenav
08-10-2012, 11:09 AM
ty i really needed to hear that teacher1 cause now i am a little down cause the scale i going up

ohh well i shall expect the miracolus day the scale will go down again!

dogdaysofdiets
08-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Irina - night shift is tough on diets. My DH struggles to stay within calories (he's not dieting but he logs his calories to maintain his weight for the hardcore road biking he does) but if he plans his whole day of food ahead of time he finds it easier to stay within his goal while he's at work all night. It helps too that he packs his own dinner so once he's out of food, that's it for his eating.

Teacher - Your YMCA has a water park?! And a lazy river?! I'm crazy jealous!! I'm a water/theme park junkie. :cool: We too have an obsession with WDW. I went several times as a child. DH's first visit was our honeymoon and we've been taking the girls nearly every year since they were born. It's embarrassing, the number of times we've gone, but we do try to do cultural vacations too in an effort to broaden their horizons - they're good travelers and enjoy it very much. For this trip, we're staying at Beach Club. We've never stayed at any of the EPCOT resorts so I'm pretty excited about staying there and walking to the park. Plus the pool has a lazy river, LOL, so you know where I'll be! :p

teacher1
08-10-2012, 03:31 PM
hi everyone!!!!

dogdays- yes, our ymca right by our house is about 4 years old. So it's got the water park with lazy river and 2 water slides... very cool. Sounds like you have a very fun trip planned :)

Got in a home workout... busy day planning my mom's bday celebration tomorrow. My brother who is off at school is surprising her tonight because she thinks he can't come. So it should be an exciting night. :)

teacher1
08-10-2012, 03:32 PM
star- love the new picture... beautiful couple :)

teacher1
08-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone!!!! Have a great Saturday! Anyone have fun weekend plans?

Heading to my parents later for a swim and BBQ for my mom's bday :) She turns 60 on Tues. My brothers are home to celebrate! It's going to be a great day!

ItsMyTurn
08-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Soul - Welcome and you are almost there!!!!

Irina - Night shifts are hard, but workable once you get accustomed to them. I have nothing but faith you will figure it out. A lot of it is planning and staying with it, but with the hours all swapped around, it is tough

Dogdays - It does take a couple months for swelling and water to let go... Amber's doctor says hers will actually take up to 8 full months, but it is cause of how intense the surgery was. Glad to hear about the good healing though :) I have never been to WDW... have never been able to afford it, but live vicariously through friends who go :)

Teacher - thank you so much for the compliment :) That's the hubster in the pic with me :D Your Y sounds awesome! Hope you enjoy the birthday celebration for your mom... happy Birthday to her!!!! Sounds like a wonderful time for sure!

No big plans for us. The excessive heat warning in our area is in effect until Monday night, so for now, focusing on my workout, getting my reading for school next week done, and getting some housework done. I also got to get a full 9 hours of sleep to make up for the 3-5hrs/night I get during the week. Talk about refreshed!!! :)

scarletlily23
08-12-2012, 08:49 AM
I DID IT!! I hit one-derland this morning! :D

ItsMyTurn
08-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Scarletlilly - Yay!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :dance: That is so awesome! Great job!!!

teacher1
08-12-2012, 12:22 PM
scarlet- congrats!!!!

star- so glad you put more sleep on your weekend plans :)

The party was great. Heading back to my parents today since my brothers are still in town. Have a great day everybody!

irinaelenav
08-12-2012, 04:13 PM
i think this month's diet if off , i just cant figure out how to combine working with dieting, i went up by 2 kg i hate myself for it but i blame my job .

i hope u all are doing better than me. i look forward for next month so i can beggin my diet from scratch.

dogdaysofdiets
08-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Scarlet - congratulations and welcome to ONEderland!! Keep up the good work as you focus on your next goal. :carrot:

teacher1
08-12-2012, 09:13 PM
dogdays- have a good & safe business trip :)

teacher1
08-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Hi everyone-
I finally got my butt up and went to cycling this morning. My plan is to get in more y workouts since I push myself harder around other people. Getting stuff done around the house today. Everyone have a great day!

teacher1
08-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi everyone!

Wow, everyone must be super busy. Normally, we have more chatter on here. I had a fun day. My friend got a new job at a brand new daycare so I took a tour and went to lunch with her. It's a great set up and she's really excited. Finally went over and met the new neighbors that moved in while I was gone on vacation. Planning another y trip tomorrow. Everyone have a great night.

ItsMyTurn
08-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Teacher - Sure have been busy :) Took my 2nd fit test for Insanity last night and improvement was seen!!! I will post my 1st test/2nd test results
Switch Kicks 57/58 Power Jacks 31/45 Power Knees 80/104 Power Jumps 15/35 Globe Jumps 5/8 Suicide Jumps 5/8 Push-up Jacks 12/15 Low Plank Oblique 35/54
Then...
I did measurements this morning, last ones taken 2 weeks ago on day 1 of the program, and got this:
Waist -3.5", Hips -2", Chest -4.5", Arms -.7" each. Holy crap! That is 11.4" total in just 2 dang weeks! I likey those results :lol:

Work still taking 13hrs away from the house a day... and in college right now, holding a 97% in US101 and 95.8% in Finance. DD is now walking with no assistance devices... all 3 are in school for the year (oldest DD is doing online due to the surgery)... and I have an appt on Friday to hopefully get the test needed to discover the catalyst for my pelvic pain :) That's about all the new news here!

Lunch sounds like it was a good time. What did you think of your neighbors?

SoulSurvivor
08-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Congrats Scarlet!

Ive been struggling this past week. Not with my eating but with the scales. My weight loss has been really slow for the last 2 months. It might sound crazy but I think my body is just reluctant to ever get under 15 stones. This is the point that I usually give up at and start putting on a stone. But this time I don't want to give up! I'm dying to reach onederland. So my amazing boyfriend has come on board and we joined a local slimming world group yesterday. I really hope the change in diet and the support will give me the boost I need to get there.

teacher1
08-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Hi everyone!!!

Star- you have so many things to celebrate!!! Congrats!!!

Soul- hang in there... I understand, I seem to make progress towards my goal and then fall out the food wagon.

I went to the y for cycling but this class was 1 hour when I'm used to 45 min. My butt was killing me so I went to Walmart and got a gel seat cover. I hope that helps next class. Then took the dogs on 2 separate walks- 20 min each. My eating could have been better. I need to start tracking my calories.

teacher1
08-16-2012, 05:44 PM
hi everyone!!!!

Nothing much today- did some house cleaning and did a 30 min elip workout.

SoulSurvivor
08-17-2012, 03:19 AM
Hey guys.

My past 2 days have been good. I've been 100% accountable, been writing my food diary, I really want to go to my group this week and have a great weigh in. I've been in an awful frame of mind recently, thinking about the fact that nobody has really recognised my weight loss. I mean people see the effort I put in, but nobody has said "wow you look good" so it's been getting me down. But luckily my boyfriend told me yesterday that I'd trimmed down. It really made my day and well it's got me thinking positively.

I think sometimes you just need someone to recognise that you look different to just validate your efforts! I have a feeling that I will break my plateau this week and get closer to onederland. I really want to make it by the end of the month :)

teacher1
08-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Soul- what group do you go to?

I went to the y for 45 min cycling class and loved the teacher. I'll be going back to her class. I started sweating during the warm-up. Going to feel it tomorrow! Now getting ready to sub this afternoon. First sub job of the year.. wish me luck :)

irinaelenav
08-17-2012, 01:44 PM
yay it seems i am back to 266 lol

teacher1
08-18-2012, 05:06 PM
irina- way to go!!

Happy Saturday everyone! Anyone have fun weekend plans?

I had to do some shopping for supplies for the bike ride I'm volunteering at tomorrow. It's a ride to benefit children with visual impairments. We have twice as many riders signed up than last year. Tonight heading to dinner with the husband. The weather is 82 today and 84 tomorrow. it's a beautiful weekend :)

teacher1
08-19-2012, 07:46 PM
irina- how's work going? getting used to the new job?

star- has the weather gotten a little cooler there? We probably have about 4 weeks left of pool time :) I need to get back over to my parents for swim time but life has been busy lately.

jen- how are you? miss hearing from you!!!

lai- how's the new college job?

dogdays- how was the cali work trip? I can't remember if you go on vacation right after.

packgirl & soul- hi... how are you both?

I volunteered at bike ride for children with visual impairments. It was a fun but very busy day. I didn't get in a workout but back to the y tomorrow.

SoulSurvivor
08-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Hey teacher!

I've had a good weekend but I've come down with the flu. I'm voiceless and lethargic. :( I've been sweating away in bed. I need to recover ASAP!
My eating has been ok, I've got my slimming world group on Tuesday which has helped me stay on plan. I just want to be around 209 or something so that I feel closer to onederland!
Hows everyone?

irinaelenav
08-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Yes i am getting used to the job even if for the past 3 weeks my personal life is practicaly gone. I am down to 266 again hoping the night shift wont ruin it again.

Have a good night everyone.

irinaelenav
08-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Oops double post!

jendiet
08-20-2012, 03:01 AM
Hi ladies,

sorry to stay gone so long, it is just that I was feeling overwhelmed with everything. My weight loss wasn't going any where so I felt like a third wheel in a way.

I am loving my job working as night shift nurse, I really do feel like God put me on this earth for this work.

We are looking at a great house in the country. Our next step is to go to the Lender, we are going for 100% USDA financing, and each step is scary. So please pray for us. I keep calling the house--My house, because it just feels right, from the moment I laid eyes on it, I went through 2 others trying to over bid me, and then through the seller picking my offer over another VERY competitive ONE.
All in all, every time I go there, I feel the sense of home. It isn't full of bell's and whistles but it is spacious and definitely says "country charm".

My new approach to dieting is the same. Get my blood sugar balanced and don't eat so much junk food. That has been a REAL battle. I'm a a stress eater.

Here's my new regimen:

Daily Shakes: Whey Protein Isolate (w stevia); Emerald Balance Plus (super food mix), fenugreek (nursing, blood sugar balance and flavor), vitamin E drops.
supplements:
Thyroid: 50 mcg T4/5 mcg T3, selenium.
Blood Sugar/Insulin Resistance: Gymenne Sylvestre, Chromium, Saw Palmetto w nettle & Pumpkin seed; switched from sugar in coffee & tea to xylitol.
general health: Viactiv Calcium chews.
Exercise: working on that one.

energy: Green tea fat burner (not every day) and vit B 12 complex with choline, inositol, and vit C; gummy vitamins.

Results: I haven't seen too much weight loss, but I gained back up to 199, and this regimen has me NOT craving sweets. I don't eat a piece of chocolate daily, I don't crave ice cream, I don't crave carbs. I feel like my waist is shrinking.

Exercise: trying to gradually work in resistance training back into my hectic regimen.

I will catch up, but just wanted to let you know I'm still fighting the good fight and still nursing the baby.

ItsMyTurn
08-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Teacher - We are still very much in the triple digits, but fortunately not over 110 for too long in a day now, when we do hit. yesterday we were 104 and that is pretty much the normal. Humidity is up with the monsoon storms though. Another swim at your parents place sounds great. We will still be around our pool until around end of November-ish... a switch from my Maine days where September was just too cold for swimming most times :) I think that is so awesome that you did that volunteering. Not sure if you know, but my son is visually impaired to where the Chapters of the Blind follow him through schooling to insure he has accommodations :) They are so good with him; and everyone has been shocked he has stayed mainstream school so they try not to make him feel self-conscious about it :)

Soul - Hope you feel better and kick that flu to the curb! As far as how am I? Just busy as usual, but always will take time to reply to anyone who writes :D Normal routine - up at 3:30am, gone on commute by 5:30am, home around 5:15 from work...today will be a bit later due to an errand, then schoolwork in front of the computer (also where I eat supper)... Insanity, shower, give kids a kiss, and bed :) I am so glad you have that group! Is that a local thing to you?

Everyone else - Hi :wave:

teacher1
08-20-2012, 08:12 PM
jen- so nice to hear from you...praying that you get the house you want. I'm so glad you like your new job!

star- no, I didn't know your son is VI. In college, my sorority volunteered with a children's support group for VI. That opportunity lead me into teaching special education. So I still do things with the group from time to time. I always wanted to be a VI teacher but would have had to go out of state for school so switched to adaptive & functional special ed.

I did some things around the house today. My car is back in the shop. It's been the summer of car issues and I'm so over. Hopefully, we'll get some answers tomorrow.

ItsMyTurn
08-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Jen - Claim it and it's yours :)

Teacher - That's cool. They wanted DS to go to the school of the blind in Boston (we were living in Maine at the time), but I fought it and got everyone to agree to reassess him before he went into 1st grade - voila! He scored awesome on the testing and was totally eligible for mainstream. He is a senior this year and no remedial/special ed classes since 7th grade! Regular text in books and all :)

Totally a Monday! Got to work to discover... or a coworker discovered, as the case may be... that I evidently snagged my pants on something in the car and it ripped open where the back pocket was exposing a side of me my coworkers have never seen :lol: Thank goodness Insanity has helped improve that "view" so to speak. I wrapped a sweater around my waist and hung in like a trooper for half day, then was permitted to leave. I mentioned to management that in the corporate setting, some males may be uncomfortable to know I am getting a bit more air conditioning then anyone should at work, :rofl: Ended up catching a nap once home and that wasted me for the day. No Insanity tonight, which means that was made my rest day and off schedule... oy. Apparently I was tired. Back at it tomorrow!!! Have a great night!

jendiet
08-21-2012, 03:27 AM
lol, my turn. I am glad you got through the day, and that you had that sweater despite it being so hot. I am also glad that your son is doing so well. It's time for my son to go back to school. He was a little bummed that he didn't make the football team, but he is ok with it.

teacher, I hope the car troubles end, are you gearing up to return to teaching?

soul, yuk flu stinks.

irina, I am working night shift and hoping for a loss too.

well, a few things. We are going to the lender tomorrow. The payment will include taxes, and PMI, and home owners insurance, but it will still be higher than I would really like. WE could afford it, but I am not looking forward to the underwriting. Still in the end, I want WHAT GOD THINKS IS BEST FOR US.If it is not good for us, so be it, I just want to move on.

I recently found out that after all of my planning and financial dealing with my University for my BSN, an act of congress concerning the PELL is causing me to have to carry a balance. Still, I trust God to help me pay it off. Just stinks that is all.

again, I am mystified that my sugar cravings are gone. I wish I knew EXACTLY which change caused it, but I feel like this. If I see it, I might want a bite, but if not present, I don't crave it, and am not going to go out of my way to buy it. That is an amazing change.

I am still snacking a little more than I want, I need to get that under control, but without the sweet calories sabotaging me, the snacks are not that bad.

irinaelenav
08-21-2012, 05:01 AM
dear chick,
i dont think i will loose more weight any time soon because the morning before the night shift i was 266 the morning when i got home from work i had 270.it is true i drank lots and lots and lots of water but i lost my hope with the diet with the weight loss with everything(and till now it went soo well). dunno i know that my meals are positioned wrong due to entering the night shift at 6 pm and i eat dinnet at midnight( when i finish some of the work i have to do) . ohh well it is like it is.

ItsMyTurn
08-21-2012, 07:41 AM
Jen - I am so glad you got a laugh out of the experience too. All my "real" friends, not the regular acquaintances, but the friends I have at the workplace were all laughing too :lol: Not something that happens everyday :) Especially since the ripping didn't even happen on a seam or something, just... everywhere, LOL!
I wish you luck on the house. If it is meant to be, you claim it in His name, it will happen :) It's exciting when you find one that peaks your interest. I tried for 2 others before this house and one ended up being a short sale and I was not interested in going through that potentially long process. It is ok though, I ended up moving us into the one that was meant for us :) You will too!

Irina - You are working nights, don't weigh yourself at the end of shift, wait until you have gotten your big chunk of sleep. If you weigh after shift, you will show a gain as you have been awake, had food, water, the body holds water on varying levels also... weigh once you awaken as if it were YOUR morning and use those numbers.

For me it's off to work. I have to make up some time since I left early yesterday :lol: Insanity Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs is on tap for tonight after supper and schoolwork :) Have an awesome day all!

irinaelenav
08-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Irina - You are working nights, don't weigh yourself at the end of shift, wait until you have gotten your big chunk of sleep. If you weigh after shift, you will show a gain as you have been awake, had food, water, the body holds water on varying levels also... weigh once you awaken as if it were YOUR morning and use those numbers.

tyvm i shall try that hoping for the best.

teacher1
08-21-2012, 04:49 PM
star- it's great when you can laugh at yourself... glad you got a much needed nap. very impressive with your son's progress

jen- I wish you knew the answer to your sweet tooth disappearing, sweets are a major problem for me. School is back and I'm doing a little subbing this year.

irina- agreeing to just weighing yourself after you get up. I weigh in daily and it's always changing but track the weekly weight.

I got my workout in the morning and had lunch with a friend. Everyone have a great afternoon.

SoulSurvivor
08-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Ah guys what a great week :) went to my group, yup its local & i go with my boyfriend. He didnt even follow the plan properly and lost 2.5lbs this week. Im really proud of him... I lost 8lbs! I'm over the moon. It was actually really daunting but actually exciting to get on the scales. I feel like I'm getting closer to my goal. Woohoo onederland here I come!

teacher1
08-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Soul- :bravo::congrat: Way to go!

teacher1
08-22-2012, 03:29 PM
hi everyone!
We had the windows and blinds cleaned today. The husband has wanted the windows cleaned for a long time. If you ask me it's too much money. I planned a long home workout but got uncomfortable working out with a stranger in the house. I'm off to get a quick swim at my parents house when I pick up my furkids.

ItsMyTurn
08-23-2012, 12:39 AM
Soul - You are going to hit ONEderland in no time!!!! Great job!!!

Teacher - Sucks that you had strangers in the house for the windows, but good it got done to make your DH happy :) I don't think I could workout with strangers in the house either... I tend to hover cause it's MY house, :lol:

Jen - How did the appointment with the lender go?

Work, home, schoolwork, supper, Insanity. Same ol' same ol :) Burned 544 calories in 43 mins today with Insanity though... a new high burn for me. Going to be able to get near 5 hrs of sleep tonight though, that's as good as sleeping in to me, so very happy. Off to get a start on that now :) Night all!

teacher1
08-23-2012, 06:01 PM
star- that's a hardcore workout!

It's been good day. Just ran a few errands and did an elip workout. Waiting for my DH to get home so I can throw the shrimp on the grill. Everyone have a great night!

jendiet
08-23-2012, 11:12 PM
the meeting with the lender went alot better than expected, turns out a prayer that I thought hadn't been answered was still in the works, it was my credit score. We did a little clean up to get it where the USDA likes it, and it barely made it, we were shooting for higher, but then the lender told me it just shot up!

I went to the house and looked around some more, but I'm still a little unsure how I am going to work the plan. I know I want to use the breakfast room for a playroom--I am tired of seeing toys everywhere and this room is visible from the kitchen and deck. there is a beautiful room with a fireplace, but I don't want to use that for the living room, and then there is a space next to the playroom that I want to use for the living room, but don't know how I am going to work that because it has an oversized entrance to the breakfast room and it opens to the kitchen. I wish the kitchen was a bit bigger and that the oven was bigger, but it is built into a brick wall.

I want to get some more furniture for the fire place room, but not necessarily new, then there is the problem of mowing 5 acres. We haven't really figured that one out. The neighbor who has a great setup for cutting, said he would charge $100 for a mow. We could do that until I get us a lawn tractor, which might be this winter, because I heard they go on sale? Eventually, I am going to cover some of that land with ruminating critters--mostly milk goats and maybe a horse or two--but for now it all needs a mow. We will be so blessed to have our own well, and 1/2 a pond. The deck is also amazing, I have been asking for a deck since we moved, and this one is GIANT. I know eventually I am going to screen some of it in, and that will increase the value of the area. I really want a sunroom type set up eventually.

The most striking thing about this, is that this is an area I drove by every day because I took my son to daycare when he was little down this same road, and I passed this house every day!
of course, I keep thinking of ways to turn it into my dream house, but right now I am so thankful to find a place that is affordable and has such country charm.

I stood on the huge deck and prayed again. God knows what I need and what I can afford. I know if He means me to get this house, we will get this house. I can't wait to have all the space.

teacher, I am pretty sure but not 100% that it is the gymenne sylvestre, because it is the newest addition to my regimen. I can't discount the protein shakes though. I think i saw the biggest turnaround when I started to take the gymenne. it is also widely used to treat diabetes and prediabetes in other countries. So far I have gone down 4 lbs, I am pretty sure it is because I am not craving chocolate and icecream anymore.

soul, way to go, and a support group is a huge asset in weight loss.

myturn, way to go, that is a crazy workout. I slept alot today and should be inspired by you to get a workout in.

irinaelenav
08-24-2012, 04:02 AM
i made up my mind i will weigh myself every 6 days cause the 6th day is my day of(entire day of if we do not take in count the day i get off the night shift)
it is strange thow now i am now at 267 so i bet tomorrow morning i will be again 266 but i will return to 270 by the time i finish the night shift.

i know i spoke to to about this more then desired but i still struggle with the 266 wall i hit and cant brake.

have a nice day and a nice weekend!!!

jendiet
08-24-2012, 05:28 AM
irina, I understand how you feel about 266, I feel the same way about 181, but you will be able to get through that wall, and keep going if you just stick with it.

I think something somebody told me a while ago if you are wanting to make a goal, then you need to change MORE than one thing in your life. I didn't quite get that, but now that I am working as a nurse, and we are looking at a new home, and I have changed my appearance by cutting my hair shorter than I ever have, I feel different, changed, and when I look in the mirror I don't see me as I have always seen myself.

I am really grateful to God for helping me find something to stop the insane junk food binges, and I feel like I am slimming down rapidly, I was reading an article about insulin problems and weight gain, and one of the worst things to do was what I was doing. Eating too frequently. You should eat at least 3 hours in between meals if you have the problems that I do. On top of that, I was eating oatmeal bars (carbs) I was scared of getting the shakes, but incedently eating more frequently only made that worse. then the article talked about fat literally clogging the system when you have insulin resistance and eat too frequently, I imagine that is why I don't see a huge weight loss when I start to really lose, it's all inches, because my system is clogged with fat. I am envisioning the fat stores between my organs in my abdomen shrinking in between meals, and I feel like I see a difference all ready. someone asked me if I was losing weight too.

Although, I do have to admit, I feel like I am detoxing. I feel pretty crummy. My face is breaking out, and I have a bad taste in my mouth alot. Just over all tired, but some days I feel a little bit more energy come through. I imagine I am going to feel this way while my system cleans up. I feel like I might be able to do some IF again as well, since this is also a tried and true remedy for insulin resistance and visceral fat problems. As long as my sweet cravings stay under control.

I am thinking about trying to isolate which of the supplements is giving me the freedom from sweets. I take chromium, gymenne, and fenugreek right now, I have been taking them at night, but I went to bed so early and now I got to take my t3 and t4. So I am just going to combo them again before I have my protein shake. There is one more I am thinking about adding because the article said this herb was particularly useful for stress induced glucogenesis. which just means when the body is stressed, you have elevated blood sugar and cortisol, so when you do eat, carbs or not it is stored as fat.

here is the article, and I absolutley love the way it is written, very informative, http://www.wellnessresources.com/tips/articles/insulin_leptin_and_blood_sugar_why_diabetic_medica tion_fails/

the other herb I am thinking of incorporating is the inula.

I read and re-read the article to try to find out as much info as possible. I hope it helps

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2012, 07:46 AM
Teacher - Good job getting in the elliptical :) You aren't kidding that Insanity is hardcore. I had not ever had a workout that was so intense in such a short time before, but I like it

Irina - you will get by the barrier, just have to stick with it and tweak around to see what might be off if you think something is

Jen - Sounds like you have your hands full. With work, diet, potential new home, plus still continuing your home duties.. you are really thriving right now :) So happy for you and hope everything pulls together smoothly

Yesterday was work 13hrs, supper at computer for schoolwork, Insanity workout, and a phone call with mom. Up early to get the rest of the make-up hours in at work today. Have a healthy day all!

teacher1
08-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Hi everyone!

jen- that house sounds like a dream place for my husband being in the country. I think someday we'll end up with a country house even though I prefer the city.

It's been a rainy day so no walk for the dogs. Subbed in the afternoon. Everyone have a great night :)

irinaelenav
08-25-2012, 03:51 AM
it seems, I SAY it seems i am 265 but we shall see in 2 days when the official weigh-in day is.

jendiet
08-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Well, so far so good. I am still not craving sweets! I only lost 5 lbs but I wasn't really keeping track, but my backside and my stomach are definitely shrinking. I have no doubt at this point I am losing lots of fat.

I am taking supplements that are helping my liver deal with all of the extra fat too. I am so glad, I found that website. It really opened my eyes to what was going on physiologically and why I wasn't losing weight.

I have been trying to stretch the times in between meals again. The last time I lost weight, I was going 6 hours in between meals which was recommended by Dr. Bragg. I was also on mostly a liquid diet. I went 4 hours recently, and I got a little light headed but not shaky, but instead of my sugar being 116 it was like 89 in between meals, and when I tested my blood sugar yesterday morning it was 87 and that was awesome! I am trying to get my fasting down to below 90. I am trying to educate my teenager, but he is hard headed, he finally let me test his blood sugar yesterday and his fasting was 99. I told him that is considered high, but not alarming.

for healthy people eating between meals is not detrimental but for someone with impaired glucose metabolism--it is BAD. The article said it causes fat to back up into your system and causes your liver to have to battle excess fat which in turn keeps it from being able to give you glucagon between meals--which is supposed to be your snack in between meals, but since your liver can't give it, you become hypoglycemic and shaky and then you get another snack, and make it worse. This makes it a no brainer why intermittent fasting works so well for people like me.

That is the BEST explanation to why I have been getting shaky when my blood sugar is in the 100s. I used to get shaky when it was in the 90s. I'm supposed to get an A1c done, but I wasn't going to wait until I was completely broken down and diabetic before I changed. So my results might be a little skewed. I am going to do my best to fast for it Sunday night so I can get it done Monday morning.

I think it might be 5. or 6., but I don't expect it to be higher.

Irina, awesome job!

teacher, we live out in the country right now, and there is no place I would rather be, this place has lots of trees in our backyard and I will miss that. The new place will have lots of trees by the pond, but not right in our backyard, well there is one over our deck, the branches actually hang out onto the deck, but there are also pine trees looming into the sky close by, I think that is a beautiful sight.

hope you all have a blessed day.

teacher1
08-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Happy Saturday :)

It's been raining off and on today but I got the dogs walked this morning. I also did a little cleaning, elip workout, and watched a movie. Now just waiting for my DH to come home. Everyone have a great night.

SoulSurvivor
08-26-2012, 02:55 AM
Hey everyone :)

Great to hear about everyone's weeks! Mines been a bit manic since Tuesday. I'd paid to go away for a few days with my Church but I ended up getting an interview for a job where I already work. So I had to cancel my plans :(. The interview went OK, I really hope I get the job *sigh* I've got to wait a whole week to find out!

My TOM has come so I'm hoping it won't affect my loss this week, tbh considering last weeks loss I wouldn't even mind if I lost .5lbs this week. Just as long as its not a gain. I'm going to try my best to make sure I get a loss, I really want to hit onederland in the next 2 weeks! I'm so fed up of seeing 2's on my scale lol

irinaelenav
08-26-2012, 09:47 AM
let's say i hit MY onderland: i got 119.4 kg (263) yay i am amaized that after the night shift i didnt put on but loose something. ty for the suppodt all.

teacher1
08-26-2012, 12:28 PM
irina- woohoo!!!! CONGRATS!!! :)

Soul- hoping you get the job

I took my dogs on a walk this morning and threw on some old shoes since it's rainy and muddy here. Came home an hour later with a blister on both heels :( Off to meal plan and grocery shopping for the week.

jendiet
08-27-2012, 08:18 PM
soul, i hope you get the job,

irina, yay!!!!

teacher, at least you did some exercise.

afm: I'm dead dog tired, can barely think. My floor was the busiest it has ever been in a long time, I had to have help from another floor. But we were awesome in our team work and we were almost completely caught up before shift ended.

irinaelenav
08-28-2012, 09:12 AM
wohoooooooo i couldnt resist on wigh-in on my day off(lol cause ididnt had one since the 21 of this month) and i got : 261 omg omg i cant believe it.

teacher1
08-28-2012, 05:57 PM
irina- woohoo!!!! congrats!

jen- sounds like a busy time at work

A pretty basic day here. Got the the dogs walked, workout on the elip, and a visit to the chiro for an adjustment.

nicolejoy
08-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Almost at onederland!! Just checking in to say hi :)

teacher1
08-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Welcome Nicole!

jendiet
08-29-2012, 03:16 AM
nice whoosh irina
welcome nicole, you are so close

I have been making progress from 199 back to 195. I look alot thinner though. I have been avoiding eating between meals as much as possible and continue to not crave sweets.

SoulSurvivor
08-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Hey guys!

Thanks so much :D

I haven't lost this week, but I'm a girl of whooshes, I'm guessing I'll lose about 4lbs this coming week which will mean i need to lose 2lbs to get to onederland! *EXCITED FACE*

I'm so jealous of everyone who has a dog, I want one :(

irinaelenav
08-29-2012, 03:10 PM
congrats to everyone.
nicole i hope i will reach someday onederland like u will hit soon. congrats

dogdaysofdiets
08-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Hi ladies!! Finally back from traveling. I was in California for work...got home and left 12 hours later for Disney World. Finally home, settled into work and coming up for air.

So glad to read everyone's updates! Lots of good progress! Jen- so excited to see an update from you. I totally understand your struggles...I too cannot eat between meals or I feel crazy hungry, crave bad stuff and tend to binge. IFing has been the key to my success.

No big news on the weight front for me. I'm up 3 pounds from vacation. I was good on my work trip but went off plan for 10 days during vacation. I didn't gorge but I was definitely over my calories every day. I was surprised the damage was only 3 pounds, LOL! I'm finding my body is fighting really hard to be 118-120. It refuses to dip below that and I'm starting to think that might be a cue that it's time to consider maintenance mode. I'm wearing a size 0 now so I certainly don't feel the need to drop another dress size, that's for sure! I'll work off the vacation increase and figure it out from there. I think the strength training has shrunk my body shape while adding that density so 115 probably isn't doable. But after nearly 100 pounds, it's a little daunting to move away from the weight loss mentality. I think it's time though.

teacher1
08-30-2012, 04:31 PM
dogdays- sounds like a wonderful and busy time. How's the knee after all that traveling. I know Disney World is a great workout with so much walking :)

No formal workout today- I spent the afternoon cleaning my mom's carpets. We're getting her house ready for a party Sunday. I skipped the dog walks today since my allergies have been terrible the last few days.

dogdaysofdiets
08-30-2012, 08:51 PM
teacher - the knee was definitely cranky in Disney World. I'd get half way through the day and need the wheelchair. Good thing I had it. I didn't use it as much as I thought I would but I couldn't have enjoyed the trip as much if I didn't have it. Toward the end of our trip, my knee was definitely getting stronger (more walking, less wheelchair). My DH was a saint pushing me around in the hot, sticky weather...not one complaint from him. :D

Sorry to hear your allergies are bothering you. Not fun at all!

jendiet
08-31-2012, 06:05 AM
dogdays, whoo-hoo! A size 0! This is amazing! I am glad your knee is getting better. Your DH sounds like a dear.

soul, you are so close to this milestone!

irina, you had a whoosh too.

I guess I had a whoosh--I don't really know.
I had my protein shake at 4am, and I was determined to go to bed hungry (the leptin diet rule), and I got home and was just SO HUNGRY. I ended up eating fruit and cottage cheese and vanilla yogurt, I took ALL of my supplements and went to sleep with the baby @ 9:30 am. It was pretty choppy until DS 2 got home, then I got some 3 hours hard sleep. I got up from my sleep, weighed in at 195.4 and proceeded to cook dinner,
we had barbeque pork, and vermicelli rice with spinach. I followed it up with some defrosted frozen fruit.
I was done, I didn't eat a lot. I started to try to do some chores, but I was really angry about the lack of help around here, and was mostly griping all night.
my friend offered to bring my SENSY stuff around 11pm. He got here, SO got home, and then they proceeded to hang out, BUT my friend FORGOT my sensy stuff which made me angry because I called to remind him twice.

He did bring me some delicious brisket, which I wasn't going to eat because of the leptin rules, but it was delicious, I ate some with a sweet pepper, and then followed it up with 2 glasses of green tea, one had xylitol, fenugreek, and vanilla in it.

Then my son was in his room, and I love our dog, but HE STINKS UP MY SON'S ROOM. I told the child that the dog was "pissing at will" in his room because he was left unattended and wasn't walked--he wanted to argue with me. I COMPLETELY LOST MY TEMPER. Because I think one of the NASTIEST things is to come home to a house smelling like piss or S#it. And unfortunately, that is what his room smells like. If you remember the struggles with my cats, until I put them outside, you will understand how this bothers me.

So, my house is smelling like a kennel, my forgetful friend forgets the good smelling stuff to make it better, and I get back talk from my 14 year old, not to mention, my SO proved to be super useless when he was given instructions to re-dress my baby and bring him to me that morning (he didn't even have him in the carseat right). On top of coming home and the house being trashed, dishes PILED up on the counter. I JUST LOST ALL SENSE OF COMPOSURE.

After ranting and raving a little, I went for a walk. got home and ranted a little bit more finally put the baby and my self to bed, and then woke up thinking I had messed up the leptin diet so wouldn't see a lost, and woke up to

192.2--I lost 3 lbs overnight???

I did hear my stomach growling as i was going to sleep, I know that is a good sign because it means your liver will be working to clean fat out of your system.

Since it is so darned hard to lose weight, I am stoked about this!

I can't tell you how GOOD it feels to be freed from chocolate and sweet cravings! I love that I found these supplements, and I know they will be a key to my ultimate weight loss success. I know there is a dramatic difference, because the cravings would get so bad, I would go from floor to floor at the hospital to try to find the right chocolate bar. Now, I think it * might* taste good, but would rather have a piece of fruit.

irinaelenav
09-01-2012, 08:46 AM
yay i just finished my 10 th working day , i am dead tired . i dunno what they are trying to do to me? kill me? or make me move in the nursing home with them?!?!? u tell me cause from 22 of august i didnt had a day off i did 3 night shifts(13 hours each), 2 long days(11 each) and the rest 7 hours shifts i m dead tired. and it aint over yet.tomorrow i will do another long night and the after i breath for 1 day i will have 2 * 11 hour day shift and 2* 13 hours night shift. i dunno wht to do. i am glad i got work but i am NO SLAVE of theirs. we shal see if they pay me in the right way for the 211 hours i did in august. if not i will........them and........them and..........them..

ty for listening to work non stop long shifts no rest radio .

lol have a nice day all cause today i aint getting up from bad, aint eating aint drinking cuase to tired to get up and cook.

teacher1
09-01-2012, 01:07 PM
irina- hang in there... seeing the pay checks always helps

jen- congrats on the loss

My husband left this morning for a trip to Yellowstone with his family. He won't be back until next Sun. I never stayed that long by myself... I'm a big baby at night. Hopefully, my little brother will spend the night tonight. Having 2 crazy dogs will help a little.

jendiet
09-02-2012, 03:35 PM
aww teacher, I hate that you are feeling alone at night, I hope the dogs kept you good company.

irina, the pay check really is the sweet spot when you feel that way.

Well, 2 days in a row my head has been killing me with migraines, I hope they go away by tomorrow, I got to work tomorrow night.

Please pray for SOs family it is one of the member's b-day and they are fighting badly, I pray for peace and love in that house.

still enjoying the freedom from cravings--even during migraines. I just wish my head would quit hurting.

teacher1
09-02-2012, 09:01 PM
jen- thanks... I hope your migraine goes away

I went to my parents BBQ party tonight. Most of the guests were my stepfather's co-workers. But it was a nice evening. Now home with the furbabies.

SoulSurvivor
09-03-2012, 03:36 AM
Aw I love hearing everyone's stories! 3lbs in one night is so good.

I've got my weigh in tomorrow which should be interesting. My Boyfriend is off to Cali today :( I'm quite sad but I'm excited for him. It's going to be weird at the weigh in without him, we go together and it's just so much more comfortable with him.

We went clothes shopping on Saturday and it was so much fun! We went to all the high street stores (topshop, river island, american apparel, miss selfridge) and it was the first time that I truly enjoyed shopping in a long time. I tried on clothes I'd never usually try. I ended up buying a really nice pair of high waisted jeans and a bodysuit to wear with them. I know they'll look nicer when I lose about another stone but it still looks really cute!
I'm starting to feel what my boyfriends been telling me for ages - that I'm looking good. It's such a relief :)

jendiet
09-03-2012, 04:09 AM
migraine FINALLY went away after about 5 pm today, I took like 3 naps, and it was holding steady.

soul, that sounds like fun, feel like modeling some before and in betweens?

I finally,got some cleaning done, I have been doing really early in the morning so it gets clean and stays clean for a couple of hours, starting to feel slightly antsy about moving in a month, but I'm starting to visualize how I will use our new space.

hope everyone has a good labor day tomorrow, I work the night shift, so I know I'm not doing anything. probably will sneak up on some friends who keep backing out of me visiting--I miss them.

irinaelenav
09-03-2012, 01:39 PM
i hope the pay check will be right like to get the right amount of money for the 211 hours last month , not what they thinkit is the right amount .
lol i hope u all are doing good my weight it is stalling again but at least i am at around262

teacher1
09-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Happy Labor Day!!!

Jen- yeah that the migraine went away :)

Soul- is your boyfriend going to cali for vacation or work? Hope he gets back soon.

Dogdays- are you getting back to your regular schedule?

irina- you've made such great progress!!!

star- I hope you get today off to recharge your battery!!

It's 106 degrees here which is very abnormal for Sept. Made the most of it and headed to the parents with my furkids for a swim. :)

SoulSurvivor
09-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Hey Jen! Will def do some pics this week and put them up :)

Teacher - he's there on vacation. Ah I can't help but miss his crazy ***!

Happy Labor Day! I have no idea what it is... Can someone enlighten me?
I had my weigh in today, lost 3.5lbs! It's so exciting to be drawing closer to onederland, I'm going to try and make it for next week. I know I can do this!

dogdaysofdiets
09-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Soul - great job with your loss this week! Sorry you're missing your guy. Hope his vacation time is fun but moves along quickly for your sake. Congrats on the new outfit. It sounds awesome! Can't wait to see pics!

Teacher - sorry you're missing your DH. Hope the dogs keep you busy. Doing any substituting these days? Yes, I'm getting back into my normal routine, slowly but surely, LOL!

Jen - glad your migraine has moved away. You must be so excited about the house!! Looking forward to pictures! When we were waiting to close on our house, we like driving by it...we were stalkers. :D

Irina - that's a LOT of hours! I hope you enjoy that nice paycheck!

Had a busy weekend. Two soccer tournaments, but DH and I managed to sneak out on Sunday night for dinner. We were planning to try biking yesterday but my knee wasn't being cooperative and my oldest DD needed to run some errands for additional school supplies so we ended up getting that done instead.

teacher1
09-05-2012, 08:34 PM
dogdays- I hope the knee is starting to feel a little better.

I'm doing good.... getting used to being home alone. Went to dinner with a friend and heading to a friend's house tomorrow. Nice to do things for myself this week :)

jendiet
09-06-2012, 03:02 AM
ds1 14th b-day tomorrow. My gosh time flies. I am so blessed to have such a good kid. I hope and pray that we are able to give him a good birthday tomorrow. Looking at watching a movie and baking a cake and something delicious for dinner.

teacher1
09-06-2012, 08:00 PM
jen- i hope your son has a wonderful bday tomorrow. Enjoy the day :)

I had lunch with a friend and went by my parent's house with the doggies. Ready for my hubby to get back home on Sunday. I'm having problems sleeping at night :(

jendiet
09-08-2012, 07:56 AM
teacher, I am sorry you are not sleeping at night. I am that way when SO is out on a fire call.

Still waiting on the appraisal of the house. Was supposed to hear from them yesterday, but i never did.

Today, woke up with a migraine again! I applied heat to my head and tried to go back to sleep, but I just couldn't. Please pray it goes away.

At least something positive, down another lb! My stomach is really thinning out and that is the BEST evidence the diet is working.

It seems that following the 5 leptin rules is working as well as intermittent fasting, but with the added bonus, I am not craving sweets--which was my downfall on the IF diet.

the 5 rules are:

Three meals a day with no snacks (I sip some tea< 30 kcs with xylitol occasionally)
No eating after dinner (11-12 hrs between dinner and breakfast-- I have to plan a little differently due to night shift.
Eat a high protein breakfast
Do not eat large meals ( I don't eat til stuffed, just until full)
Reduce your carbohydrate intake

I have been able to reduce the carb intake in large part due to the supplements--Thank God for that breakthrough.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day!

teacher1
09-08-2012, 06:59 PM
jen- sounds like a good plan. Could your migraines be from the stress of moving?

Went by the parents house today. Tomorrow I plan on getting the house cleaned. My husband will get home late tomorrow night :)

jendiet
09-09-2012, 01:46 AM
yay for your hubby being home later on today.

I think the migraines are definitely hormonal. As you know I am 16 mos pp, still breastfeeding and haven't got my cycles back. That causes a lot of hormonal junk to happen.

Today was stressful because a friend's baby daddy is being charged with murder of a 10 month old. I am just sick with shock. I am trying to be supportive, but he had been moved (he was our next door neighbor) for about a year before this happened. I tried to avoid the lot of them because we were all under so much stress from Hope dying.

dogdaysofdiets
09-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Teacher - so glad your DH will be home tonight! I'm sure you can't wait to see him. Hope you get some nice time together once he returns.

Jen - sorry to hear you're still struggling with the migraines. I hope it subsides soon for you. Great job on the shrinking tummy! You deserve to see results. So glad that you've found a regimen of supplements that are helping you succeed. Keep up the good work! Hope your DS enjoyed his birthday!

My body is finally working its way back to my pre knee surgery weight. Finally saw 119.2 again this morning. 118.8 is my lowest pre-op weight and I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever see it again, LOL! My plan is to stick around 118-120, unless my body whooshes more off, but at this point I'm not pushing for more loss. I suspect I'll bounce around a bit as I try to figure out a maintenance point.

Heading back to California again for work this morning - meetings early tomorrow morning. Sitting in the airport now in fact. I try to avoid Sunday flights for work but this one was a must do, unfortunately. I'll be out there for most of the week. I'm bummed that I'm missing two soccer games today. :( My DH is promising to text me updates.

jendiet
09-10-2012, 06:40 AM
great job dogdays on keeping your loss! I hope your flight wasn't terrible and you get to get home and relax.

afm, I bought icecream and debbie cakes to do my son's birthday cookout. I just put a little icecream on top of some devil food squares and called it a day. They were good and I had more than one. But I am not going crazy thinking about them. I am a little hungry, but I am waiting until 11 am to eat today. We didn't eat until 9 pm last night.

scale said 192.6 this morning so not very punishing. I did keep my carbs low besides the dinner though.

I hope to hear about the appraisal on the house today! I am a little antsy about it, but I know it is in God's hands.

teacher1
09-10-2012, 05:14 PM
dogdays- have a safe work trip

jen- good luck on the appraisal!

soul- is your boyfriend back?

star- how are you doing? still a jammed packed schedule?

My husband came home last night :) He won't go back to work until Wed so we're getting some stuff done around the house.

jendiet
09-11-2012, 09:07 AM
Well, yesterday was a bad day. I was forced to resign. I thought I was helping some coworkers, but they turned it around and made me look unscrupulous. I didn't make it to my 90 day eval. Been treated pretty badly. Feeling pretty blue. I forgive them, I just hope that the next door opens soon, because we are financially strapped. Needless to say any house stuff is on hold. I don't know what to do. Just pray for me. I am feeling pretty depressed about all of this.

Well, on the positive, it is my birthday, and I am still losing weight. scale said 191.0 today. not a big loss, but it's something and it's a NEW LOW.

teacher1
09-11-2012, 06:12 PM
jen- congrats on the loss... sorry about the job. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Not feeling great today so I skipped my workout. Hopefully, back on plan tomorrow.

jendiet
09-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Hope you feel better Teacher. I'm still pretty depressed. I know God has a reason for everything. But this hurts so much. It was my dream to work there, and now I am done! Over such a small reason. I will always have a hiccup to get a job there, and I loved my position in behavioral health!

I'm so sad. God help me.

jendiet
09-12-2012, 07:53 AM
on a positive note: new low of 190.4 today. I will take it.

teacher1
09-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Jen- hang in there!!! Hugs

I got a call this morning to come in for an interview for a special ed position. This was weird because I'm not looking and never applied. I think they just get so desperate for sped teachers. I called them back and it's for a part time afternoon position. This is what I wanted something part time in the afternoons but it's not the kind of classroom I want. So I'm torn... I'm going for the interview Friday. I feel sick to my stomach...thinking is this god's way of telling me to go back to work??? I might not get the job so why am I over obsessing for a job I don't even really want? It's been such a weird day. Good news got in a great workout. Tonight, I'm off to see the Lion King musical with my mom and sister.

jendiet
09-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Teacher, it seems God is moving in the job realms. I think you should go to the interview and pray what you feel led to pray about it. I think if you have peace about accepting the job offer, you should go for it.

Afm, after lots of prayer, I woke up from a sound sleep last night and strongly saw the face of the man that is in charge of corporate compliance. I remember liking him very much during orientation. I felt led to write a letter about what happened to me and then I found on the compliance website that there was an option for unfair disciplinary treatment of employees! I didn't know it existed, but I took the opportunity. I wrote in the letter what happened, why I felt it was unfair, and what I would like done about it.

I know nothing may come of it, but at least I got it out there, and God may use it for some good for another employee facing another situation.

To my knowledge no employee has been reinstated after being fired, but nothing is impossible with God. If nothing happens, at least I was able to speak my peace. I am still waiting on hearing back from places I emailed about job opportunities.

SoulSurvivor
09-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Hey everyone!!

Sadly my boyfriend isn't back yet but God bless him ,he's got me lots of lovely presents! I can't wait until he gets back on Tuesday.

I didn't hit onederland this week... I'm at 200! ARGH but I'm ready to work super hard this week and get there.

Ahh Jen, I genuinely need God to move in the work realm of my life. It's been my main prayer at Church and at home. I'm interning and although I love the role, I just need to be getting paid. I applied for an internal role and didn't get it. The girl who did, started yesterday. They decided to move her to my desk and chuck my stuff off it. I was so sad, but I knew she wasn't at fault. As much as I feel down about the whole situation I know that God works in His own time. I'm giving him the wheel for real! I applied for another job last week, I prefer this role. Let's see what happens :)

Also congrats on the all time low!

Teacher, you're really drawing closer to onederland... Keep going!

teacher1
09-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Soul & Jen- thanks for the encouraging words!

Got in an elip workout & walk with the dogs. Trying something new for dinner tonight- turkey burgers. we'll see how the DH reacts :)

jendiet
09-14-2012, 01:23 AM
soul, that sounds hurtful. I understand the pain. I had something similar happen to me when I got laid off. I know God ends our jobs for a reason. I just didn't feel ready for this one to end. I felt like I had more work to do there. I am totally submissive to God's perfect will though. I did send that compliance complaint, but nothing probably will come of it.

I'm just praying for the next move to come soon. We have a house hanging in the balance. I just really feel this is supposed to be our house. I did apply to hospitals closer to SOs parents, but I don't feel called to move there. I just don't know though.

I told my friend I'm praying through the darkness right now.

irinaelenav
09-14-2012, 04:02 AM
hello everyone. i havent posted fot a while since i am working like non stop i cant continue with my weight loss since i cant find a balance with eating at work (fast eating and rubish) and eating at home to few time to make a differentce
i am now hooveering at 262 . i hope in the future i will keep going down but dunno when i get home i am to tired to stand up, to cook the sbd recipes i love.

u all were right the pay is pretty good but does it worth is to live my life as tired as **** and dunno. we shall see.

i wish u all a good day.

teacher1
09-14-2012, 02:18 PM
irina- hang in there... maybe things will calm down soon. At least you're making good $$$$

I went for the job interview... not sure how it went. I know they have other people interviewing. But either way I don't think the job is for me. It's so weird to stress over this job when I never even applied for it.

jendiet
09-14-2012, 02:21 PM
well doing better today, I actually feel pretty good about turning in the complaint. I got my last pay check, and I am already planning how to stretch it as far as possible. I may be able to get some unemployment from an old claim because I have no earnings for the current quarter. We'll see. right now, everything is in the balance, I know the answer to nothing, and IT IS ALL in God's hands.

teacher1
09-15-2012, 05:33 PM
I didn't get the job... which bummed me out big time. I feel so silly for getting upset. It was a job I didn't even want in the first place. I think this is God's wake-up call that I really need to focus on getting healthy and stop wasting time. I quit work to get healthy and have made little progress. So hopefully this will be the kick in the pants I need! Thanks for listening ladies. Have a great weekend.

jendiet
09-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Teacher, it probably is just the sense of rejection. I'm sorry.

I have been praying and seeking God. It's amazing how a good knock on the butt, really wakes up your prayer life. I mean I used to walk into work Thanking God every day for my job, but I didn't commit to having that much prayer time outside of my ride to work.

The night before last. I went to bed at around 4am. I believe the Bible says if you ask wisdom--you get it.

As I was laying down my head, I prayed. God please speak to me in a dream about what is to come, so I know my next step. I went to sleep. I actually did have a dream.

My boss who hired me, not the one who fired me, called me, and she said
"Jennifer, I was looking at the shift reports, and I didn't realize how badly we had it." [she said something here to, but I can't remember it]. Anyways, what I'm trying to say, is there some way. . . .I mean can you. . ."

I stopped her and asked her "Suzanne, do you want me to come into work?"
She said yes, and I mean I went nuts with excitement. I was trying to do something and dial my MIL number. Maybe drive? When I woke up to pee, I did not remember it.

I went back to sleep and had another wierd dream. When I woke up from that one, I remembered the vivid one about my boss calling me.

I really don't know what to think of it? Is it possible? Of course all things are possible with God. Is it possible to get the old job back and be reinstated? To my knowledge that has never happened in the past, save with a lawyer?

last night we had my birthday celebration finally, I felt bad because by the time my friend was done cooking, I was so tired. I just ached with fatigue. he cooked me some yummy turkey legs, I had made stuffing and greenbean casserole.

I didn't bring any of it home, the stuffing was disgusting and I didn't particularly like the greenbean casserole. I had eaten some cake and some macademia cookies, and I had a couple bites of turkey.

I have to say, I only ate 2 of the cookies--my favorite, and stopped because they were so sweet, and I got a sugar high! I never have those, but I cleaned the kitchen really well before I crashed.

I did have alot of fun, but I got home and while I was moving something into the building, my leg started to burn and itch. I was scared a spider got me, but no 1 frigging fire ant! bit me 5 times, and I had nasty swollen bites that burned and itched so bad, I put benzocaine and some steroid cream on them, but I also checked the baby and he had a couple of fire ant bites on his little leg, he wouldn't stop trying to itch. I put some cream on him too.

last night, I had bad dreams. I don't feel really positive about dreams, but when I get a ringer like the one before and especially after praying for a specific outcome--I have to wonder.

Of course, I am just leaving it in God's hands.

The scale said 191.8 so not too bad. Back to the rules of the diet, which I did break yesterday because I was cooking and tasting and had to wait to eat.

jendiet
09-16-2012, 06:06 PM
well, i had junk yesterday and then I had some more today, I thought the gymenne was working really well, well turns out it turned solid? I don't think it is effective in that state.

I'm under alot of stress. We have to deal with what to do with the house tomorrow as the appraisal is back, I still haven't heard anything about a job. :(

I talked with a coworker that I feel is trustworthy and my dream doesn't seem to be applicable right now. I wish I hadn't. But that dream was so vivid. when I have vivid dreams like that they are always pointing to something real in the natural realm. For example, I had a dream that a certain teacher told me how much she disliked me and how much she loved two other classmates. I woke up sad and scared to go to clinicals. Turns out I had missed my time for clinicals and had to be moved to a time with the two classmates my teacher said she loved, and on that same day she wrote me up---and also told me what a great job my fellow students were doing in the same breath. :(.

so there was some element of truth to it.

I hate that I have to figure out what to do about the house tomorrow, I am afraid that if we stop, then when I get another job the USDA will deem me too risky the next go around. but, if its NOT MEANT to be, then it is not meant to be, and I will let it go.

Well, hope you are having a good weekend. As a Christian, I pay attention to the Jewish holidays and Rosh Hashana is today--which is the start of a new year.

Happy New Year. I hope this one holds some good things for us.

teacher1
09-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Jen- you have a lot going on... hugs and hang in there. Praying for some answers for you!

I had a relaxing day. Tomorrow I'm off to sub. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

SoulSurvivor
09-17-2012, 01:38 AM
Jen - I will keep your situation in my prayers. I hate stress, but what I alway remember is that in those times of stress you have the most amazing man who you can rely on.. It's better to be in deep waters with God, than shallow waters alone.

I have to say I've woken up this morning, checked the scales & I've made it!! I'm at 198. But I'm not satisfied until I'm fully into onederland. I want to get away from the 200s and never see them on my scales again. I know I will over the next few days. But After that? It's all over!

jendiet
09-17-2012, 03:10 PM
soul!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:carrot::hat::dance::dancer: :grouphug::cheer3::cheer2::woohoo::congrat::cheer: :broc::celebrate::woo::balloons:

Thank you for your prayers! I know what you mean by never wanting to see 200s again.

I am feeling the same way.

So why did I eat such a big meal and go straight to bed? It's easy to pass the time away while I'm waiting by resting.

I think I got the gymenne in my system again so I won't go running to sweets during my stressful moments.

teacher1
09-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Soul- Woohoo!!!! CONGRATS... SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

I subbed today in a special ed room and I'm so tired now. No formal workout but lots of running after kids.

jendiet
09-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Teacher, that running after kids is a workout. What a sweet assignment, i bet you were awesome with them!

Well, I think I am going to do the shakes and a meal thing today.

I'm ready to see some more losses. I got the book "mastering leptin" so I have been reading it.

teacher1
09-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Hi everyone!!!

Dropped my parents off at the airport. They're off to Paris for a week. So now my sister duties take over for my brother and sister. My brother is in middle school and sister is in high school. So it's not terribly difficult, just lots of running around for activities and homework fights.

jendiet
09-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Well, the appraisal came back under offer. The seller will have to renegotiate or we are done. I am ok with it. Obviously if it is not God's will, it is not God's will.

I also found out I only have 15 days to find a job, or I lose the opportunity as well.

God is soveriegn and He is good. I'm fasting for breakthrough by only having liquid meals. today's breakfast was a peanutbutter banana milkshake though and it was really really good.

Why is everyone not talking?

jendiet
09-19-2012, 11:47 AM
well, had another dream. I dreamt Suzanne and my coworkers were in a meeting, and I was sitting in on it. they were checking the schedule and I knew I was not on it, and I felt pangs of sadness, but I listened. Next thing I know, Suzanne asks everyone if it is ok to reinstate me and asks for a show of hands of who wanted to. ALMOST all of the hands go up, this part was blurry but there were 1 or 2 hands that did not go up.

The dream was so vivid. usually my dreams have nothing to do with reality because they are so crazy. When I have real type dreams they usually mean something. The next staff meeting is on September 26th. That is also when the next Job Fair is. I guess I will try to go to the job fair if I can find a sitter. I think I know someone that can watch the baby, but not sure.

I am pretty sure that I will know one way or the other what to do with the house. I don't know if we are going to move forward, and have not received any instruction either way. This one is pretty simple though, if the seller wants to renegotiate to an offer with the closing including in our offer, we will move forward. I am trusting God to find a job within the 15 days regardless of the house or not.

Kind of wierd isn't it?

I'm just so in tuned to that dream, I really think it is real. If not, I accept God's perfect will for my life.

teacher1
09-19-2012, 03:31 PM
jen- dreams can be so weird at times... hoping for news of your house..

soul- when's your boyfriend get back?

irina- how's work going? slowing down at all?

dogdays- you might still be on your work trip... how was cali?

star- how's your super busy life going?

Did I miss anyone?

Busy running my brother and sister around later. I had lunch with a friend. Got in a nice walk with the dogs this morning. I hope everyone has a great day!

jendiet
09-19-2012, 05:22 PM
well, while I was at the grocery store, the number my employer worked at popped up on the caller id. My SO didn't catch the phone on time, and they haven't called back yet. Tomorrow is another day.

I am going to help a neighbor get his old school balance paid so that he can further his education. I hope I don't miss them again.

teacher1
09-20-2012, 01:58 PM
jen- that's nice to help your neighbor

Got in an elip workout. Just staying busy taking care of my brother & sister.

jendiet
09-22-2012, 02:35 PM
well, haven't heard anything more from the employer situation. Still need lots of prayer. We are out of town celebrating SOs birthday.

Yesterday, I got a speeding ticket, it totally stank. I was just playing around with SO because the trip is so boring, and I got pulled over for trying to race him.. .never had a speeding ticket.

It could have been worse.

I am still losing weight with this WOE, and I feel better and I get better sleep. The timing thing is only slightly problematic when we are eating with others.

New low of 189.0 yesterday. Broke the 190s. i know I will be fighting my "set point" now, and that is a hassle, but I am ready to break through.

hope everyone is doing fine.

teacher1
09-22-2012, 06:31 PM
jen- speeding tickets suck! Yeah for a new low!

I had a busy day running my brother to his soccer game and now off to my sister's play. I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

dogdaysofdiets
09-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Jen - I'm sorry to hear about your job challenges. I hope you're able to find a new position quickly so you can keep moving forward with the house. Congratulations on a new low and a new decade! Your sense of determination impresses me. Stay positive and the clouds will bring the sunshine you deserve.

Teacher - good luck with your sister duties this week! I bet you're exhausted already! How nice of you to fill in so your parents can travel.

Soul - congratulations on your entrance into ONEderland!!! I'm a little late to the party but still very happy for your success.

Itsmy - how are you doing? Thinking of you. I'm sure you're crazy busy with work, school and kids but I hope things are going well for you.

As for me - doing well. My work trip went well but I was glad to be back in the office last week. I haven't had much downtime to post an update. Kids are keeping me busy - we're at height of fall soccer season so that's dominating the household schedule. DH and I managed to sneak in a 3 mile hike yesterday morning. We enjoyed that. I need to make time for clothes shopping. I need some new pants and sweaters that fit. I limped through winter/spring on the size 4/6 pants and medium sweaters but now I'm a zero in pants and an XS in tops. My DD12 is two inches taller than me now and she is also a size 0 in pants. She has a bunch of (kid size 12) jeans that are too short on her. For kicks, I tried them on and they fit perfectly, length and all. I plan to buy my own but let's just say that little discovery got me through the weekend. My girls thought it was a riot. I have no shame, LOL!

I've been in a bit of a funk with my eating lately. Overall, I've stayed on plan with my calories but I've had to get my food decision making in check a few times. A couple times, I found myself contemplating poor decisions...and followed through with a few bad decisions. Weekends are definitely the most challenging. Thankfully, I'm refocusing before I've lost any ground but I feel compelled to say it out loud so I hold myself accountable. The struggles don't end at maintenance...

teacher1
09-24-2012, 01:27 PM
dogdays- wow, congrats on the clothes!!!! i understand your soccer pain, my brother plays so now I take him to games & practice with my parents being gone. He travels to tournaments sometimes and I always end up going with my mom.

Nothing exciting here but running around looking forward to Wed when my parents return. I tried adding spinach to my greek yogurt & berry smoothie today and surprising wasn't bad :)

CelticHarpie
09-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Well, after reading this thread for a few weeks, I finally feel ready to join. I am at 209.6 and can see ONEderland from here!

I started my recent (and last) lifestyle change on August 1st. I have been doing C25K (on Week 8 right now) and have been using Herbalife shakes for breakfast and lunch. I have also been able to lose weight while eating off plan, so I know that I won't be locked into a "shake diet" forever.

For me, the big difference has simply been exercising. I hate gyms. I hate fitness DVDs. For me running has been the only thing that I've ever stuck with (2 months-- I've run at least 3x a week every week) this long. I think it's because I can get up, run from my house, and get back within 45 minutes. No fuss.

Anyway... I'm excited to be nearing the 100's and saying goodbye to the 200's forever.

jendiet
09-26-2012, 12:28 PM
hey ladies, just a quick word, still struggling, but I know God is good.

Looks like the house thing is going to have to pass without me, we are trying one more thing...

it doesn't matter, without a job, not much I can do to move forward. Been praying and felt like 2 dreams that I would get my old job back were God's word to me, but now I see the position is being advertised. I still believe God is capable, but I feel just a bit defeated.

over the past weekend, I went a little crazy with the birthday foods, and so I don't know if I have done any damage, been avoiding the scale like crazy. . .

I did a fast for 2 days again, and we will see what that brings for me. Right now I can use anyone and everyones prayers. Sometimes I feel so down, and then I can literally feel prayers strengthen me.

Thanks for those who are praying.

teacher1
09-26-2012, 02:20 PM
celtic- Welcome!!!! That's amazing that you love to run. I've tried the c25k a few times and always quit. Someday I dream of being a runner but for now I stick with home videos and ymca classes.

jen- I'm praying for you!!!! Hopefully you'll get some answers in the job hunt soon.

irina, dogdays, star, packgirl, soul- hi ladies

My parents will be returning from Paris tonight :) I'll be done with nanny duties for 2 days until they leave for the weekend. I've been struggling with healthy food choices and now that TOM is here it's only getting worse :(

dogdaysofdiets
09-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Celtic - welcome!! So glad you joined us. You're so close!! Keep up the good work. It sounds like you found a solid plan that works for you. That's more than half the battle at times.

Jen - I'm still praying for you. Hang in there and don't avoid the scale. That's a slippery slope. Just step on and then move forward from there. What's done is done - no use wallowing in regrets or guilt. Come on chickie...chin up.

Teacher - I hope your parents had a great time! I hear you on bad choices around TOM. I'm right there with you this week. It's taking every bit of patience and determination to get through this week binge-free. Chocolate has been calling to me. Argh!

teacher1
09-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Hi all :)

Parents are back and life is back to normal until this weekend :) Did a home workout and got a pedicure. Nice relaxing day

teacher1
09-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Hi ladies :)

I subbed today and now having a quiet night watching TV with my DH :) Anyone have fun weekend plans???

irinaelenav
09-29-2012, 11:25 AM
yay i am at 260 lol 0.5 pound down in a month!!!!!!!i suck

teacher1
09-29-2012, 03:16 PM
irina- good to hear from you :) .5 is better than gaining!!! I'm up a little from my ticker but back on track

Busy weekend with my parents gone for the night. Off to my brother's soccer game.

irinaelenav
09-30-2012, 04:19 AM
lol the final month weighin for the month: 259.92 lol bye bye 260 ( for now) yepeeeeeeeeeeee
it seems that the final days of the months( it happened also in august) bring the only weigh loss for the whole month.

result : september -2.2 pounds. yay i am not a failure afterall

teacher1
09-30-2012, 01:17 PM
irina- good job!

Can you believe it's going to be Oct. tomorrow? Wow, time is flying. I'm making a few goals for Oct. To actually move my ticker down & ymca workouts 3-4 times a week and the other days home workouts. Plus, tracking my calories again because I've been very lazy lately. Happy Sunday :)

teacher1
10-02-2012, 02:49 PM

I headed back to the y today for a cycling class. It was 60 min. I'm going to really feel it tomorrow. Tonight I headed to dinner with friends :) Everyone have a great day!!!

jendiet
10-03-2012, 12:52 PM
hey ladies, teacher, yay for the cycling class.

irina, good deal, you can not possibly be a failure, because you are still trying--your progress remains to be seen.

dogdays, advice heeded. Been bouncing around the 190s haven't seen a single 180 again, but my clothes fit much better, and my waist is appearing again. a lot of people are commenting about my weight loss--can't believe I barely lost 10 lbs.

I reapplied at the facility I worked at after another facility turned me down, my old position is still open--makes me wonder if those two vivid dreams I had about getting my previous job back might still happen. God's will is best though.

The house---ugh. So the house came in under appraisal, which opened it up to another bid. I renegotiated, and another bidder came in under me, now the seller has both offers before her, of course I am in a predicament, but for now the DOOR is still open. the realtor told me today that if the seller accepts the other bid, she will let mine remain as backup. :(. what a struggle, but again God's will is perfect.

I got outside today and rode my son's bike, he is taller than me and rides it so why not, I got ds2's chair and strapped it to the radio flyer wagon and buckled him in and secured it to the bike. Handled nicely for a few rounds, then I turned on bumpy surface and my baby got tipped! I picked him up and brushed him off, and he was ok. I am so Thankful that nothing worse happened than a small abrasion to his little head. got a little exercise, but I hate being hot and sweaty, I have an intolerance to it--I know bad excuse, but it really makes me ill.

teacher1
10-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Jen- prayers your way for job and house news... hang in there!

I made it back to the y and tried a new class called Fierce. It was strength and cardio and intense!!! It was really hard for me but I'm going to try to go once a week. I'm so sore but in a good way.

dogdaysofdiets
10-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Teacher - glad you had a good workout today! Your new class sounds very interesting. I'm still jealous of your YMCA, lol. Ours is pathetic in its offerings. Not even worth the dues.

Jen - so glad you're getting comments on your weight loss. It's fantastic motivation to keep up the hard work, isn't it? Keep us posted on the job and house - still saying prayers for you.

Not much new on my end. Soccer tournaments this weekend and the weather is supposed to be crummy...wet and cool. The leaves are turning and are quite vibrant this year. So pretty!

I've been doing a much better job with my eating. Last week and so far this week have been more focused and on target. I'm seeing the results on the scale and I'm finally back down to the weight I was before knee surgery. That only took 12 weeks, sheesh! The knee is doing better. My range of motion is about 85% and improving every week. No complaints. I tried running (jogging lightly) on it to see what it could handle and it was very unsteady, so I think I'll follow my surgeon's advice and refrain from running (bone on bone - no cartilage in there unfortunately). Low/no impact options are my best bet.

teacher1
10-04-2012, 04:08 PM
dogdays- that's great new about your knee :)

I'm resting today... very sore from my y class yesterday. How's the weather for everyone? Here in Kansas it was 81 yesterday and today 57... brrrr!

dogdaysofdiets
10-05-2012, 06:43 AM
Our weather has been overcast, cool and rainy. It's supposed to be nicer today with some sun and warm temps, but will turn cold and rainy again on Sunday.

Teacher - sorry you're sore. Hope you feel better today!

A big milestone for me this morning. I haven't really been trying to lose more weight, just bouncing up and down but I seem to be enjoying a post TOM whoosh this week and hit the 100 pounds lost mark this morning on the scale. It's been eluding me since the summer. 98-99 pounds lost is a huge accomplishment, but there was something fantastical feeling about finally calculating 100 pounds lost. It won't stay...the weekend is here and I'm sure I'll bounce back up to 119 but I saw it once (and I'm not dehydrated - quite the opposite) so I'm claiming it!

CelticHarpie
10-05-2012, 09:51 AM
dogdays - Congrats! That's an amazing accomplishment. You inspire me :)

As for me, I'm trying to see the progress outside of the scale. This week (10 days actually, as I moved my weigh in to Friday mornings) I only lost .2 lbs. It's the least I've lost since starting this plan on August 1st.

I'm trying not to let it get me down. I so desperately want to get out of the 200's by Halloween, but I'm not sure it's going to happen.

I guess on the bright side, I wore dress pants this week that I haven't fit into for a couple of years. I'm also wearing a sweater that I wore the last time I reached ONEderland (about 4 or 5 years). Small successes, right? Not every week can be a fantastic scale accomplishment.

dogdaysofdiets
10-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Celtic - I highly recommend measuring. The scale is a funny being and definitely does NOT accurately show your progress week to week like the good old tape measure does. My losses were definitely not consistently linear. I'd lose gradually for a week or two, then retain or go up (during ovulation time as it turns out) then whoosh off a big chunk of weight (one time it was 8 pounds in a matter of 2-3 days!) and then flatline or gain again during my TOM...then whoosh it off again. That's been my steady pattern, but it took several months after my journey started to be able to understand it and see it. I'm a daily weigher though, and very pattern driven, so I spent a lot of time looking at my weigh in data in Myfitnesspal and finally saw 'my normal'. Once I understood how my body liked to handle this journey, we all got along much better (my brain, my body, and my scale), LOL! I wish you all the best and definitely don't get discouraged by scale results. If your clothes are fitting better, then most likely you're losing inches off your hips, thighs, waist, etc, but the scale hasn't caught up. Hang in there and keep up the good work! It's soooo worth the effort. :cool:

jendiet
10-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Well, yesterday was swell, I got told there is a new contract with the other buyers and then joy of all joys--I got my FIRST post partum period, full strength and all after only 6 days from possibly ovulating. Don't even want to think about what a short luteal phase can do.

But at least--I weigh about 192-193 on my stinking period, so I should be either in the 180s or hitting close to it, after the dang thing is over. I took the nabumetone the doctor gave me, and the cramps have seemed to ease a lot.

my application is STILL being looked at so maybe it will result in a job offer. I have one for part time and one for full time, which I am not sweating.

I am upset about the house, but it had a few features lacking that MEAN alot to me. When I buy a house I don't want to go into it thinking how soon it will be before I can remodel. This particular house had a great land bonus, but I think the inside features would just have bothered me.

So, I am good with it, at peace, and ready to move forward.

I am sticking with the shakes for breakfast and lunch, and since they have no carbs, I think it is best for the time being.

Celtic, keep putting on those old clothes, I was going to put on a pair of dress pants I hadn't worn in years, because I just knew they would fit, but i had monstrous bloating, and then realized--aw crap tom! So keep that up, it is highly motivating because unlike a new outfit in a new size--you KNOW you wore that before, so you were skinnier!

dogdays, so happy about your knee. I love it that you are still so highly motivational after all you have been through!

teacher, the soreness will go down, I don't think it is lactic acid so much as it is torn muscle fibers, so make sure you stay hydrated and eat lots of protein for rebuilding.

I'm so tempted to go buy a bike at Walmart, so that I can ride with my ds2 and ds1, just to get out of the house in this pretty weather, I'd have to put it on credit though, but I think it would be worth it.

dogdaysofdiets
10-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Jen - sorry about the house. It just wasn't meant to be. I'll tell you a little story about the first house DH and I tried to buy. We were IN LOVE with it. Head over heels. We put an offer on it and it was accepted. Everything progressed smoothly until about a week before closing (we'd given notice to our apartment complex, were mostly packed, etc) our attorney, who also happened to be our county's probate judge, made a few phone calls and found out the guy selling the house wasn't legally entitled to do so. His wife had passed away without a will, (she'd purchased the house long before he was in the picture) but they'd only been married 5 years and she had grown children that were contesting the next of kin on her estate. Long story short, our contract was useless and it was going to take months of waiting for probate to close her estate before the sale to us could move forward. We lost quite a bit of money (inspections, atty fees, etc) and we were crushed. Fast forward another year, we found a different house that was a bit larger but in a far better neighborhood and had better features all around. We purchased that house, owned it for 5 years, fixed it up over time and sold it for a hefty profit and bought our current/dream house out in the country. Had we bought that original house, we would not have our current house because we would not have made the profit we needed to buy this house. The neighborhood the first house is in ended up becoming quite seedy and undesirable, whereas our neighborhood became quite desirable, thus making our house worth more. So...while we were initially devastated, it wasn't meant to be and I'm so glad everything worked out the way it did. I hope your story ends like ours did and the next house you find is 200 times more perfect for you. Plus it gives you some breathing room to find a new position. Best of luck to you!

Thank you for your kind comments about my knee. We all have a cross to bare. I'm glad my challenges have been temporary. Losing this weight loss battle is not an option.

teacher1
10-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Jen- house hunting is such a stressful process. We live in a new neighborhood and we're having drainage issues in our backyard. House issues are no fun!!

Dogdays- Wow, congrats!!!! What calories did you start with? Do you drop them as you lost weight?

Celtic- Congrats on the clothes :)

I subbed today and the students had a big soccer game. They play in a special ed league and it's so much fun. I saw some old students who I had in elementary school and now they're in high school. It makes me feel super old! Still a little sore but better than yesterday. Everyone have a great weekend!!!

jendiet
10-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks dogdays, yes that is very inspiring. I know there is a perfect plan with God, and I want THAT set up.

teacher, so sweet!

well, I drooled over a cruiser bike with 7 speeds, and then realized i need to think it over some more. I still want to go outside with my baby and ride around with him and the teenager, I think it would do us some good.

Checked on my application before bed--still active.

God send your plan for a job my way!

teacher1
10-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Hi everyone!!!!

It's soooo cold here today...39 degrees. I've been craving taco soup so that's what's for dinner. I figured it's better than going out to eat which is our usual Sat dinner. I've been searching the internet for new healthy soup recipes :) This time of year, I love using the crock pot.