30-Somethings - Approaching Onederland and Beyond! We did it; you can too!! (next chapter)

irinaelenav
10-07-2012, 04:29 AM
got a question : i have to take some cortizone( i hope it is called like that in english) for my back pane. i heart it makes put on weight .it is true????? i hope not.

teacher1
10-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Irina- is it a shot? In college, I had a few cortisone shots and they said weight gain was a side effect. I never had a problem. I packed on my pounds after college while teaching. I think if you keep tracking your food you'll be fine. i hope your back feels better!!!

It's another cold day here in Kansas. Been busy running errands and visiting my parents this afternoon. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

irinaelenav
10-08-2012, 04:36 AM
no no shots but pils i hope it goes away the pain but i doubt it due to the work i do. cause the pils help but when i come back from 7 hours of handling old ppl it is still there the hidden pain lets say.

lol dunno, have a good day cause mine will be a hard one going to work lol.

teacher1
10-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Hi everyone :)

Irina- good luck at work.

Soul- Congrats on posting a mini-goal of 70 pounds. Are you following a certain program? I might have asked that before.

I subbed yesterday and today. Tomorrow I'll head to the y and do my second Fierce class. Wish me luck!

teacher1
10-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Where's everyone at :(

jendiet
10-12-2012, 02:51 PM
hey ladies, my hormones have been nuts! BUT i did manage to get on those pair of pants that I hadn't worn in years! I just knew I could. I have NOT been following my diet very well for the past couple of days, and I got on the scale and it was up 3 lbs. I think it's water retention, but I'm going to just follow the plan and hope it goes away.

it's so simple, but yesterday I binged on junk, I had issues with my teenager and he ran away and had to be brought back home by the cops, but the day before was the KICKER.

i DID NOT DRINK. I woke up with the room spinning wildly, as I was staring at the ceiling--I had not yet moved out of bed, suddenly my stomach lurched and I was puking and had diarrhea with constant vertigo all day! I had to get a shot because I was so miserable. I guess it was a vertigo migraine???? never heard of them, but oh my God! Please just give me the regular headache and tolerable nausea and vomiting next time!

I hope all you ladies are doing well, the temperature is a lot nicer, still tempted to use the card to get me a bike and get outside with the lo.

jendiet
10-12-2012, 05:47 PM
irina, steroids in general can cause weight gain but it is usually related to water weight gain. You can still maintain. I am sorry about your back. That stinks.

teacher, taco soup? sounds interesting. I hope you get nice and snuggly with your hubby.

dogdays, I will heed your words of wisdom, I am still praying and seeking about getting a job. I have 3 active applications right now, and I am hoping and praying that I get a call back for ONE of them.

so much better today, a little queasy, but I think that is just left over from the hellacious illness that I endured 2 days ago.

well NOW I feel better and want to get my house straightened up and I can't wash dishes/clothes or clean without water, all of my drains are backed up! gaggggghhhhh!

Father please let the landlord hurry up and get out here!

teacher1
10-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Jen- Sorry, your son is having a hard time. That's such a hard age. I hope the migraine is long gone. That's scary to have such side effects. Great job fitting in those pants :)

Got the car oil changed, lunch with the DH, dogs a bath, and now home for a quiet evening. :) Anyone have fun weekend plans?

teacher1
10-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Happy Saturday everyone :)

It's a rainy day here. I did the Buddy Walk this morning which is a walk benefiting the Down Syndrome Society. It was great to see former students and their families. It was a mile walk so not an intense workout but fun. How's everyone's day?

irinaelenav
10-16-2012, 07:52 AM
here i go again. today i start my SBD again. i start at 260 let's hope i get to 255 by halowen.i start again cause thy le me go from work so for thenext 2weeeks i can dothe diet.

wish me luck.

teacher1
10-16-2012, 06:58 PM
irina- good luck with your mini-goal!!!!

I got in 30 min on the elip and an hour walk with the dogs today. I'll be back at the y tomorrow. Tonight's project- getting my new iphone 5 turned on :)

irinaelenav
10-20-2012, 04:05 AM
where is everyone???

dogdaysofdiets
10-20-2012, 07:31 AM
Hi Irina - I'm still here, just haven't had much time to post. But I've been reading.

Hi teacher - hope you're enjoying your time at the Y. How's your new iPhone 5 toy? Fun I bet!

Jen - how's it going? Been thinking of you.

Not much to update on my end. Finally did a little winter clothes shopping night. I still need a couple more sweaters, so I might drag DH out shopping again today since we have a quiet (no soccer!) day. Two soccer games tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

irinaelenav
10-20-2012, 02:03 PM
ok dam after writting my soul out i hit a key anf all disapears. long story short: for the past 7 months i try to get my friend out to dinner. today was supposed to be THE day but she could come. yay i am destined to never go out and have fun.all my"friends" live at least 30 km from my location so it aint easy to make them come or me go.
sad life lonely life i hate it but cant run from it. dunno my destiny is to stay loked in the work home circle and have no means of breaking it. ohh well better this way i guess i remain with the money but for the rest...........................

ty for listening your trully lonely Irina

CelticHarpie
10-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Inching closer to Onederland today. I hadn't been able to run for the past two weeks due to work travel and food poisoning. On the plus side, the food poisoning helped me drop a few pounds!

Today I ran for 30 minutes and hopped on the scale to find I am officially down 20 lbs since starting this plan on August 1st!

5 more to go and I'm out of the terrible twos :)

teacher1
10-22-2012, 05:24 PM
celtic- way to go!

dogdays- I love my new phone :) I was at my brother's soccer tournament this past weekend. I was so thankful for the beautiful weather!

irina- I hate it when writing a post and it gets deleted! I think it sometimes becomes harder when we get old to keep some friendships going cause of families, kids, and work. Maybe you'll make some new friends working.

Nothing very exciting happening here. Ran errands and went to lunch with a friend who is having an MRI done later today. Hearing her problems reminds me how I need to take better care of my body.

jendiet
10-24-2012, 12:47 PM
celtic, this is so awesome!

teacher, yeah we all need to be thankful for the health we have and do better to preserve it.

irina, so sorry about your date gone bad. Keep up the good work though!

dogdays, thanks! I am ok, just been tired of holding the sick ticket. I have some viral infection now that feels like strep with the flu. I got strep ruled out, but that didn't make me actually feel better? I am still waiting on hearing about a job--and its getting to crunch time.

SO and I are starting to fight about finances. Plus, we need a bigger place and he would rather do other things than get a bigger place--which is a source of contention for us.

Please God hear my prayer---send me YOUR job for me in this season! Pray with me ladies!Also pray we get the place we need for our family to live in and be comfortable and that it would be God's best for us.

I am staying on the 190s boarder, and I can't wait to break through, trying to be good when ALL I want is icecream for my sore throat, wouldn't be a problem if I would follow the rules.

I'm starting to wonder if the amazing results of sweet cravings disappearing wasn't frm the emerald balance, too expensive to buy right now, I bought everything else though?

well, I am still losing though slowly, especially since I gained a little back right after I hit the 180s, and OVULATED, and got my first cycle! BLAH. That stunk. It was a screwy one, so my hormones are still messed up. I know because my luteal phase was only 5 days.

teacher1
10-24-2012, 06:45 PM
jen- looking for a new place to live and job searching are 2 very big life changes. Praying for direction in your life. How are the kids?

I've been busy counting calories and going to the y. Hoping after TOM leaves I'll be able to move my ticker down.

irinaelenav
10-25-2012, 07:41 AM
let's say that i reached my mini goal 2 - 255 by haloween but i wait till tomorrow to see because yesterday i didnt drank more that 2 glasses of water and i dont wanna get to excited about reaching the monigoal.

geep you fingers crossed for tomorrow. lol

teacher1
10-25-2012, 06:19 PM
irina- fingers crossed for you!!!!

Weather switch today from 80's yesterday to 40's today in Kansas. No fun!

irinaelenav
10-26-2012, 03:38 AM
No such luck 4 me chicks. It was the water i didnt dsrink the day before. I am back to 257 lol it made me allmost cry. It happens ohh well

irinaelenav
10-26-2012, 03:41 AM
oops

teacher1
10-26-2012, 07:29 PM
iririna- I feel your pain... I weigh in daily and it's always up and down. Try to look at the weekly weights. Still time to get the Halloween goal. Is Halloween on Oct. 31 in Italy?

teacher1
10-29-2012, 08:13 PM
is anyone dealing with Sandy???? Thinking of everyone on the East coast.

dogdaysofdiets
10-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks teacher. Yeah, we got hit pretty hard. Most of our town is out of power although somehow we were spared and still have it (for now). It's going to be a long week.

teacher1
10-30-2012, 06:57 PM
dogdays- glad to hear you're okay... keep us posted :)

teacher1
10-31-2012, 06:15 PM
:haphal::witch::sklol:
I hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween!!!

CelticHarpie
11-10-2012, 12:09 PM
I haven't been particularly on plan the last two weeks, but I went running today. I am now at 201.4! Soooo close!

teacher1
11-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Celtic- congrats that's great!!! I've been doing good with my workouts but struggling with my eating.

dogdaysofdiets
11-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Celtic - congrats! You are sooooo close. Can't wait to help you celebrate!

Teacher - good job with the workouts! I'm having the opposite problem...doing okay with the eating, but slacking on the work outs. I was in California (again) for work last week and didn't keep up with my work out plan. And this weekend has been so busy (got home very late Friday) that I've been making up excuses to avoid working out this weekend. I'm determined to get motivated tonight.

teacher1
11-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Hi everyone!!!
What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving? My DH is heading to Colorado with family and I'll stay here and head to my parents house.

nicolejoy
11-17-2012, 01:41 PM
MADE IT!!! MADE IT!!!! After almost one YEAR, I am down to 199!!!! HAPPY DAY!!

CelticHarpie
11-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Congrats nicolejoy!!!!!!

I made it today too! 199.6 after my 30 minute run. Hooray ONEderland!!!!

teacher1
11-17-2012, 07:59 PM
:bravo: Celtic & Nicole!!!! :cb::cp:

nicolejoy
11-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Congrats Celtic!! :)

SDChickie
11-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Hola ladies! Seems to me I'd like to join your very supportive group. Hope that's ok! I just hit Onederland at last Friday's WI. First time I've been there in close to 20 years!

teacher1
11-21-2012, 01:41 PM
SD chicks- hi welcome... this thread gets busy and then quiet at times. Congrats on getting to onederland!!!!!

I'm off to my parents house to help with the precooking today. My husband left for Colorado with his family and won't get back until Sat. night. I'll stay busy hanging out with my family :) What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving?

SDChickie
11-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Teacher. :)

Hubby, kidlets, and I are heading to my parents' home... just a half hour away... and will join in their community Thanksgiving meal. In years past, it always helped us control portions as we didn't graze all day long (plus no dishes to take care of!)... this year, I'll enjoy the turkey, bring along some plain green beans for my veggie and forego everything else. (I'm on Ideal Protein, so this is what remaining on program looks like for me. :) )

My middle child turns 8 this weekend, so in addition to putting up Christmas decorations, we'll be celebrating his birth. He was born on Thanksgiving 8 years ago... a very different day than I was expecting as he wasn't due for another 2 weeks and I was supposed to be hosting Thanksgiving for my family that year! Ahhhh... good memories!

irinaelenav
11-21-2012, 04:50 PM
hello chicks. i hope yall doing better then me. still cant get loose out of the 256 omg. and now the stress of having no job yet again, no paycheck for christmas no purpose nothing to make me go on with anything.dunno .sometines i wish nasty things but then i re-think all and trying to keep going .
have a nice thanksgiving all and dont eat to much turkey(i want some but cant find a whole turkey in italy to cook)lol

teacher1
11-22-2012, 08:13 PM
:turkey::thanks1::thanks2:

SD- Hope your son has a great birthday!!!

Irina- good luck in the job hunt!!! No turkey in Italy??

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

irinaelenav
11-23-2012, 04:34 AM
no entire turkey , pices of turkey yes lol. job hunt u say??? there arent any jobs to hunt.for the last 2 days i put 0.44 pounds it sucks i was hoping that i loose them not put them.lol

jendiet
11-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Hi ladies I have to sheepishly admit, I went into a spiral when I contracted strep throat, went untreated for 3 weeks due to the stupid rapid test, ended up back at the doctor, another negative rapid strep and then a positive throat culture and antibiotics later, FELT BETTER, then injured my foot just walking too much holding the baby with bad shoes.

laid around in bed miserable for 2 weeks and ate basically junk. I gained back up to 200 lbs. I saw that and immediately decided I needed to pull out my recumbent bike. I have been trying to get my fitness back by doing some mileage every other day,

Now my calf muscles are hurting on the injured side and last night after a good night and the foot pain was subsiding--I got a bad krick in my back and neck that limits my motion due to pain.

Dear God! I am moving through my circumstances saying NOTHING BY ANY MEANS SHALL HURT ME. yeah, the pain is annoying but at least I am mobile. I also have an interview on wednesday for a job I didn't apply for, but I am thankful for an interview period as it has been almost 3 months without even an interview!

I need to be better--can't limp into an interview and wince when you shake the interviewer's hand! God only knows.

The good news is that I am back in church and I am loving it. I am going to a group where I can talk about my food addictions.

I don't think the leptin diet failed me, I failed the leptin diet. I started violating rules left and right--the first one was don't get too full. I would fill up on shakes til my stomach hurt and then I started violating the don't eat at night one.

I really do believe in the set point weight, and I am doing what I can to fight it, but when I hit the 180s my BODY, CRAVINGS, goes ballistic! And I gain back fast.

I am NOT GIVING UP though. I will overcome this, because greater is HE IN ME THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD and that includes all sickness and infirmity and THAT includes overeating and all of the infirmities that come with it.

baby steps with a hurt foot and tight calf muscles--the latter is causing the most issue with walking right now.

I am going to cut back my carbs AGAIN and an important part of that is xylitol. I am going to use xylitol for sweetener for coffee again and try other tactics for getting rid of sweet cravings. yeast might be the culprit since I was on antibiotics and my cravings have NEVER been this fierce.

I also want those of you who remember to know that the house still isn't closed on by the other party and if I do get the job then that leaves me the opportunity to bid on it again, but it is going to shortsale if they don't close, so that might be for the best.

SDChickie
11-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Oh my. Jen, I feel your physical pain. I've been doing the C25K (couch to 5K) interval training and have shocked myself by getting through day 1 of week 5 so far (there are 8 weeks officially, although it will take me longer than that to get there!)... however, then I did my first Zumba session on Wed night and I have such delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) that I can hardly move! Did some yoga this afternoon to try to stretch out... and am going to spend some time on my new Black Friday - purchased treadmill tonight (since temps plummeted in my area!) in the hope that 'normal' movement will lessen the pain. I loved Zumba so much that I NEED to figure out how to do it without hurting for days after... and maybe it's just a matter of needing to push through it until the pain just becomes discomfort... but not today! Haha!

Here's hoping you are feeling fabulous for your interview!

teacher1
11-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Irina- hang in there

Jen- sorry so much has been happening. Good luck on the job interview. Fingers crossed on the house!!!

SD- I used to do Zumba... it's such a great workout. I pulled a pelvic ligament last Dec. probably from swinging my big hips too much :) Good luck on the c25k. I've started it a few times but struggle a lot with running. I'm sticking with cycling and a few other ymca classes, Turbo Fire (home DVDS), and the elip.

SDChickie
11-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Ouch, teach! That sounds painful! I can't seem to shake it the way I am supposed to, but maybe I'll learn some coordination over time! Lol!

jendiet
11-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Teacher I found some good ways to stretch the iliotibial band and that has helped with my hip pain.

SD, Zumba is fun. I actually have the game and loved it but I think it irritated my ITB only after I hurt it on the rebounder though. Blah. Like teacher going to stick with the cycling until completely healed.

Hope everyone had a lovely thanksgiving! Shout out to all the other regulars!

Back down to 199.0 today-- wish I had kept up the daily weights

Well I have to leave tomorrow to go out of town to take that test to finish a class for my bachelors.

SDChickie
11-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Well, I did a 2nd day of C25K W5D1 last night... first time on the treadmill. It was a resounding success, although working out inside might make me soft! I also went to Zumba this morning... slightly more coordinated than the 1st time... just hoping the DOMS doesn't kick in tomorrow, just in time for my next run!

Best of luck on your test, Jen!

Irina, I'd love to visit you in Italy someday... may be a fantasy, but I can dream! :)

Hope to meet more regulars as you stop by!

teacher1
11-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi everyone!!!

Jen- good luck on the test!!! When do you graduate?

SD- impressive workouts!!!

My husband comes home from Colorado tonight :) Just finished the last of my Thanksgiving leftovers for lunch.

SDChickie
11-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks, Teacher! :D

I hope this isn't an inappropriate question... if it is, or if you already explained it before, I' m sorry... but why was your husband celebrating Thanksgiving with his family without you?

teacher1
11-25-2012, 12:00 PM
SD- Your question made me laugh!!! Yes, he went to Colorado with his parents and sisters to visit uncles, aunts, and cousins. I stayed home because my brothers returned home and I would hate to not see them. We were both invited to each others family Thanksgiving but it made more sense to separate this year. Normally we rotate back and forth every year. I really didn't want to go to Colorado because that area gives me asthma problems. We don't have kids yet so it makes it easier.

SDChickie
11-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Whew! Glad my question made you laugh! :D And apparently I'm so used to being so close in proximity to BOTH sides of the family that your situation didn't even occur to me! Actually, I wouldn't mind skipping one side or the other now and then, but the only time we were able to get away with that was when we had a blizzard over Christmas. It was BLISS to just be able to enjoy the day with our kidlets and not have to rush off to a gathering!

No DOMS for me today... I felt downright WONDERFUL... so much so that I progressed to the second day of C25K Week 5, which is two 8 min running intervals separated by a 5 min walk. Can't quite believe I ran for 8 min straight... TWICE! Woo hoo!

Little man went hunting with his dad and grandpa for his birthday.. was so proud in his pic with all of the pheasants they got!

jendiet
11-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks ladies, lol. teacher & SD the thread got a little comical. Nothing wrong with a good laugh.

teacher, if I pass this test, and finish the last 5 week class in January, I will have my Bachelor's degree by January. Really excited about that although I am paying out of pocket, at least it will be DONE.

Not excited about *maybe* starting another job and taking my last class, but at least it is NOT my project class--the hardest one.

Well, my foot still hurts and I have no bike here. I keep sitting on it wrong or the baby climbs on it or something like that, and it feels injured all over again. I am pretty sure it is tendonitis of the peroneals just based on the location and pain.

I am doing better, the first RULE I am going to reclaim is the wait 5-6 hours to eat.

I hope I will get past this, I am also going to research ways to beat the set-point, I really don't care what literature says about it existing or NOT, because ANY time I hit the 180s, I have a lapse and a rapid gain (except when I got pregnant).

jendiet
11-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Well, I PASSED. Got a 460 and only needed a 400. So, onto my next class.

So far so good, EXCEPT, my hormones are wreaking havoc on me and I WANT TO EAT. And junk at that.

I think I'm trying to ovulate again and that makes me HUNGRY.

Well, I think I am going to have a glass of green tea and just fight this OUT. I can eat dinner at 6 pm, and I have a 2 hour drive ahead of me, it might be a little earlier than 6 pm, just because it is so hard right now.

teacher1
11-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Jen- :bravo: Way to pass the test!!!:carrot: Jan is so close!!! I hear you on wanting to eat junk food. I'm trying to get back on track after the heavy Thanksgiving food.:dizzy: I hope your foot feels better soon!

SD- How many kiddos do you have?

I'm doing a good job with food today. I had a crazy weekend of hip (pelvic ligament) pain. It's been an off and on problem since last Dec. i went to the doctor in March and he said to give it more time. So I'll head back to the doctor tomorrow. I'm 32 almost 33 and this hip pain makes me feel like a grandma!!!

SDChickie
11-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Way to go, Jen! Jen and Teach, I hope BOTH of you are feeling better soon!

Teach, I have 3 kids... 10yo girl, 8yo boy, and 3yo girl. They're all awesome. :)

I went back to work today after a week off and I had SUCH a hard time sitting in my cubicle all day! I literally had to go outside twice in 20┬░ weather for a brisk walk (would've jogged had I not been wearing heels!) in order to get the antsiness out! Never before have I experienced this obsessive need to MOVE! God bless Ideal Protein! Haha!

coffeeshopgirl
11-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Hi, hope you guys don't mind if I join in the chat.

SD, I totally know what you mean about feeling the ants in the pants after a long holiday weekend. I had to get up a few times during the day as well, just to move around a bit.

So, I guess I need some advice. I'm getting back on track after Thanksgiving, and this is what I want to do: cardio every morning (so that I'm not dying in my cubicle all day), limit my calories to 1400-1500 (BIG struggle for me), and do a 30 minutes strength training dvd 3 times a week. Right now, I am achieving the cardio and the calories, but I'm just not finding the energy for the strength training dvd. I think I'm taking too much on at once.

Does anyone have thoughts/comments/advice? I don't want to discourage myself, but I also don't want to push myself too hard so that I give up completely.

Help! :?:

dogdaysofdiets
11-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Hey ladies! Dropping in quick to say hello. Happy to see familiar faces and excited to see some new ones! Welcome SD and Coffee!

Teacher- glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. Sorry you had to separate from DH for the holiday. Sounds like you came up with a reasonable compromise.

Jen- congrats on passing your test! One step closer to the prize. Hang in there with the weight loss. You will succeed if you never stop trying. Keep us posted on the job and the house. Sounds like a potential.

SD- I'm a little late to your welcoming party but wanted to say thanks for joining us and congratulations on the fabulous progress you've made so far. My coworker is doing IP and he's lost 25lbs in two months with another 15 to go. He's thrilled with how easy it's been. So glad it's working well for you too!

Coffeeshop- a warm welcome to you! So happy you're joining our thread. I'll try to answer your question...my initial thought was that you might not be eating enough calories for your body since you're fairly tall. Are you eating back your exercise calories and ending your day at 1400-1500? If not, that could be why you're so tired.

As for me- I've been a total slacker over the holiday. Didn't follow plan for 5 days but I went back to plan yesterday. Hoping to behave from now until Christmas since I know I'll slack again that week (holidays plus my birthday). Exercise has been decent so that's kept my weight mostly in check.

teacher1
11-27-2012, 07:45 PM
SD- Wow three kiddos... I really have babies on the brain since I turn 33 in Dec. Hoping to start our family soon once some of this poundage comes off

Coffeeshop- I agree with dogdays about maybe raising your calorie intake. You could also rotate cardio one day and strength the next day

Dogdays- When's your bday? Mine is Dec. 20 and with all the holiday treats and bday plans it always seems like Dec. is my hardest month for food choices.

Jen- how's the foot?

I posted this in another thread-
I went to the doctor and the nurse said the said the appointment said, "pulled pelvis." :o Oh my, no I was there for a pulled pelvic ligament. :rofl: We both got a good laugh. The doctor has 3 options for my hip- 1. cortisone shot 2. Physical therapy 3. MRI. So we started the first step- a shot. I'll give it a week and then if it's not better we'll see about PT. My exercise plan is try walking the dogs and maybe a little elip just for the week to see how my body reacts to the shot. I really just hope the shot helps.

dogdaysofdiets
11-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Teacher - mine is the 29th so yeah, lots of holiday food, birthday cake, then New Years. I managed well last year but I'm still trying to figure out maintenance and I fear I'll be too indulgent this year (like I was last week).

I hope the steroid shot works for you - I can't believe how long you've been suffering with it! Fingers crossed that you get some much deserved relief.

teacher1
11-27-2012, 09:46 PM
dogdays- thanks!!! This is what I actually have-
"Hip bursitis- is swelling and pain of a bursa in your hip. A bursa is a fluid-filled sac that acts as a cushion or shock absorber between a tendon and a bone. A tendon is a cord of tough tissue that connects muscles to bones. Normally a bursa has a small amount of fluid in it. When injured, the bursa becomes inflamed."
So it wasn't a pulled ligament. Not a good thing to have but glad I know what's going on with my hip.

SDChickie
11-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Dogdays! I feel right at home here. :)

Coffee, welcome! You and I are kindred spirits... we've got to move! I'm afraid I have no advice for you, but these other chicks seem to have a clue, so we can be thankful for them!

Teach, I know that 'babies on the brain' feeling of which you speak. I had a tubal ligation after the third and spent the next 2+ years lamenting that decision. A few months ago, I was late and just SOBBED at the possibility that I might be pregnant. That was my turning point! :) So thankful I got there... and that I wasn't pregnant! Lol!

teacher1
11-28-2012, 07:53 PM
nothing exciting going on here today.. getting the carpets cleaned. I'm resting today and plan to do the elip and walk the dogs tomorrow. My hip feels a little better but we'll see if this shot does the trick.

SDChickie
11-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Where did everybody go?! Teach, I hope the shot has helped!

We have my sweet boy's extended family birthday party tonight. (Always tough to get it all in on Thanksgiving weekend!) so I'm about to head out with a boatload of balloons. :)

Ran C25K W5D3 three nights ago... 20 min straight run... success! WOOT! WOOT! And ran W6D1 last night. It was cake. I'm actually beginning to believe I can do this without too much agony! I mean, I set my mind to it, so I'm GOING to do it, but until I ran for 20 min straight, I didn't really believe I COULD do it, if that makes any sense! Lol!

Hope everyone checks in this weekend. Be blessed!!

teacher1
11-30-2012, 07:56 PM
SD- that's amazing progress of C25K!! Very impressive :) The shot did help some. We'll see what happens.

I got in an elliptical workout in today. Ran some errands and plan to watch a movie with DH tonight. Everyone have a great Friday night!

coffeeshopgirl
11-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Good job on the cardio workouts ladies!

I've been really focusing on my eating this week. For as motivated as I can type, the reality is that I KNOW I take too much on and then I "wonder" why I fall off the wagon. So, all I've been doing this week is making sure that I don't eat past 8pm (check), didn't deviate from my plan (kinda check - there were some controlled added snacks because I was still physically hungry. There was also my doughnut planned sub-snack today, but still ate within my calories, so yay me!), and brushing my teeth after my grapefruit after-dinner snack (check).

In doing this, I happily moved a belt loop tighter on my jeans today!

Yay non-scale victory!

SDChickie
11-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Coffee! Yay for NSVs indeed! LOVE it! Way to go! And it's also very good that you are so attuned to your pitfalls. The first step is knowing. The second step is doing something to fix it. Sounds like you're working on that second step!

Teach, you MUST be feeling better if you did an elliptical workout! That's awesome! Hope the movie is/was good!

I'm going to buy some new sexy lingerie as an early Christmas gift for DH. He's put up with so much of my up and down emotions due to the weight loss... I kind of feel like he deserves a treat. ;)

coffeeshopgirl
11-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Thanks SD!

And yay for early Christmas gifts! I get to buy us Christmas outfits tomorrow and get my hair done.

:)

dogdaysofdiets
12-01-2012, 07:36 AM
SD - hope your DS enjoys his party! Balloon wrangling is a chore I hate, LOL, because I never can get the giant bouquet of helium filled demons into the car without popping at least one (or 12). When I finally do get them home, I spend the day chasing my cat away from trying to make a snack out of the balloon strings (she's already been in kitty ICU once for that poor decision making). So yeah...my kids love balloons...my cat loves balloons...me...not so much. I always lose the battle. I bet your DH will love the his early Christmas present. Enjoy!!

Teacher - glad to hear the shot is helping the bursitis. Great job with your elliptical workout! What movie did you end up watching? Are you doing any subbing lately?

Coffee - congrats on your NSV! That's fabulous! Great job sticking to your eating plan. Trust me...I did NOT lose 100 pounds by avoiding the occasional cookie, brownie or ice cream treat. Like you did with your doughnut, I work it into my plan for the day. I sometimes feel a little guilt for stealing healthy calories so I can consume nutritionally worthless calories but I've never met a baked good I didn't like and now that I don't crave them, I can eat in moderation and feel satisfied...and in control. Finding a balance that you can live with is key. Have fun getting your hair done!

Two soccer games today and Christmas shopping tomorrow. Hoping to get a bike ride in with DH tomorrow if the temps warm up like they're predicting. If not, a hike at the very least. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

coffeeshopgirl
12-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks dogsdayofdiets!

I'm surprised at myself - in a good way - that I was able to substitute the doughnut calories instead of overeating. I have no idea how I was able to conjure that strength, and I don't care! I'm just glad i was able to make it through this week. It was week 1 for me.

I'm also counting my calories for the weekend (another past struggle). I've only eaten breakfast (yogurt w honey and coffee w milk) yet, but I've already planned my meals and calories for today. I'm proud of myself. I have a friend coming over, and instead of going out to eat, I've offered to make lunch. I already have all of my calories spoken for.

I really feel like I'm going to succeed in this time. It feels weird :shrug:

teacher1
12-01-2012, 08:21 PM
coffee- Congrats on the belt movement :)

SD- That's so nice of you to think of your DH.

Dogdays- The husband picked the movie- Men in Black III. Not my kind of movie but that's okay. I've been subbing about once or twice a week. Sounds like you have a busy weekend. Enjoy your family time :)

Got in an elliptical workout today. I took the dogs over to my parents house for a little visit today. Enjoying a quiet weekend.

SDChickie
12-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Ah, I totally want to see MIB III! Haha!

Had SUCH a good weekend... temps were in the 50s and 60s here in the midwest, so I got out on the bike trails and walked/ran my C25K workouts along the river. GORGEOUS!!! Even got to enjoy a little Sunday afternoon relaxation like a cat lying in the sun!

It's supposed to be beautiful for the next few days as well before finally turning into a typical December, with rain, then snow. I'm taking full advantage while I still can!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

coffeeshopgirl
12-03-2012, 08:55 PM
I know, I am just loving this weather! Makes it much easier to get out and move around, even if it starts getting dark at 4pm, lol.

My diet has been going well. I'm so proud of myself for a few things:

1. I stuck to my diet all weekend (except for a cran-vodka drink, 2 cheese sticks on Saturday, and a glass of wine on Sunday). Well, maybe it's more fair to say that I stuck to 90% of my diet, but this is the best I've done in as long as I can remember.

2. I came home Sunday night after a stressful day of Christmas shopping and wanted to just get Chinese food or pizza SO BAD. I considered Subway for lunch the next day, and I even thought of ice cream, lol. Instead, I came home and immediately (ok, after that glass of wine) portioned out my snacks for the week, breakfast, and quickly made a shrimp and veggie rice dish for lunches. I am so happy how fast and efficient I'm getting at making my meals for the whole week - it seriously took me 45 minutes!

3. I've been wanting chocolate or something sweet ALL DAY (Monday). A girl at work was offering snacks from her candy dish, but I stuck to my own snacks. I thought to myself "You already made your food, you'll just end up wasting this if you snack on chocolate." Somehow, it worked, lol.

I could use some advice though. We went shopping tonight for a few things and we ended up getting these awesome apple cookies. My husband is in study mode for law school, and while he's normally on a healthy eating regimen similar to my own, these past few weeks he's taking a break. I completely understand and support him, and it's been a positive experience seeing how strong I am to resist the stuff he's brought into the house: pizza, doughnuts, and more doughnuts, lol. But, I cheated and wanted one of those cookies, so I had one. I estimate it at 200 calories because it was THAT good, haha!

While I'm certainly proud of myself that I'm not bingeing - the weekend extras and tonight's cookie were all planned and checked for calories before deciding to eat them - I wonder if I'm cheating too much and on my way to a binge. I don't feel like I'm about to fall off the wagon or anything, but I'd like any opinions that you guys have on my "little extras."

Thanks!

dogdaysofdiets
12-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Teacher- My DH loves the MIB movies too. Good job on another elliptical workout. How are you doing with your eating plan- I know you were hoping to refocus on it.

SD- our weather has been fabulous too! I took a nice long walk during lunch yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous!

Coffee- great job sticking to your eating plan! Weekends are the hardest for me because they're less structured and our schedule is spontaneous...makes it hard to plan meals. To answer your question about eating a few 'bad' things...I think you're doing just fine. If you're making choices that are within your calorie goal for the day, they should not impact your weight loss. This is a long term commitment. If, like me, you're the type of person who can't cut little indulgences out of your life, then figuring out how to work it into your daily calorie plan is the best idea. But if you're the type of person who gets binge triggers from even the slightest indulgence, it would probably be best to cut it out completely. For me personally, I need to plan for an occasional treat so I don't feel deprived. I have a sweet tooth and avoiding treats actually makes me crave them...and can trigger a binge. No specific food types are off limits for me. Moderation has been key.

Had a busy weekend. Got some shopping done (almost done) and went for a nice hike with DH on Sunday. I'm actually having issues again with the knee I had surgery on in July. I think I have a tear in my lateral meniscus (medial meniscus & ligaments were repaired in July). My knee keeps locking, especially going down stairs, which is quite inconvenient. I need to make an appointment with my surgeon but I'm dragging my feet. I can't even fathom the idea of another surgery. Growl!

coffeeshopgirl
12-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback DDOD!

I was so proud of myself through the weekend. I agree with what you said about the little extras, especially during the holidays. EVERYONE around me is indulging, and I'm staying in control, which is a huge step from last year. Next week me and the husband are going to Puerto Rico for our honeymoon, and I'm honestly not sure how I'll do on the diet. I'm kinda nervous about it, and then I think to myself two things:

1. You've stayed in control during the holidays, and you're into week 2 of your caloric goals, so it's almost a mindless habit.
2. You're on you honeymoon, for goodness sake, enjoy yourself!

coffeeshopgirl
12-04-2012, 01:43 PM
dogsdayofdiets - do you like to swim? that would probably be much easier on your knees.

I hope you dont' have to have another surgery - best of luck!

SDChickie
12-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Yay for you, Coffee! And you're right... ENJOY YOUR HONEYMOON! (Of course, there are so many ways to enjoy your honeymoon apart from food! lol!)

And Dogdays and Teach, I can't even imagine having to deal with the physical issues you both are dealing with. You are in my prayers!

I successfully completed Week 6 of C25K last night... a 5 minute warm-up, followed by a 22 minute run. I am amazed at my body's ability to go beyond what my mind ever thought possible! And I'm now addicted to the endorphins... better than some other addictions, I suppose! ;)

teacher1
12-04-2012, 06:47 PM
SD- Way to rock the workouts!!! Are you getting that runner's high I always read about :)

Coffee- have fun on your honeymoon!!! when did you get married?

dogdays- it's still a huge struggle for me on the food front. I'm hoping to just get through this month. I do have a question which I may have asked before- Did you stay at the same calorie intake the whole journey or did you start higher and decrease over time? What calories did you start with? Various websites say to start higher calories because of my weight but I'm so short. I track on daily burn and according to it calories should be between 1392-1642.

It's been beautiful weather today. Spent the day with a friend who is 8 months pregnant. Makes me have babies on the brain, but she's overweight and it's really taking a toll on her.

coffeeshopgirl
12-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks SD - you're right, I will enjoy my honeymoon in many different ways - local food, tourist attractions, and activities. I'm planning a sunset boat tour for one of the days.

Teacher - I refer to him as my husband already, but technically we're getting married this coming Monday - Dec 10th. However, we'll celebrate it when we leave for the honeymoon - 12-12-12.

We plan to stick around Old San Juan (he's a history buff, my soon-to-be lawyer) where there's supposed to be a bunch of walking. The weather should be wonderful for it!

Teacher - what kind of foods are you eating and how often? How long have you been counting calories?

SD - Good job on the endorphine addiction! Sounds like you're enjoying the C25K routine.

I need to get into strength training, but I promised myself I would get my eating on track first. So, I'm hoping that January will be a good time to add in the exercise.

teacher1
12-05-2012, 07:38 PM
coffee- Wow, your wedding is so close!!!! It sounds like a wonderful honeymoon. I go in phases, I'll be really good low carb and tracking calories on my daily burn and then stop. I never have a problem getting in exercise. Although, this hip thing has made me have to change up my workouts.

coffeeshopgirl
12-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks teacher :) I'm getting nervously excited!

I hope your hip gets better. It's awesome that you don't have a problem getting in exercise. I would def check out swimming - low impact and stabilizing. Keep us posted on how your'e doing!

I'm still doing well on my diet. For some reason, tonight I wanted some carbs, so I had a small cup of spaghetti and two croissants. They were great, lol. Happily, I was able to stop there. I finished my meal and snack before 7pm, and I brushed my teeth to make sure I didn't snack any further.

Ever get that feeling after dinner that you just want something sweet? I find that a piece of fruit - a grapefruit or an apple - does the trick.

I'm still sticking to my calorie plan, and it's almost the end of week 2. I find myself actually getting tired around 10pm, rather than eating for comfort to stay awake.

So far, so good. How is everyone else's week going?

dogdaysofdiets
12-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Coffee - congratulations on your pending nuptials! I hope you have a great trip. My vote is compromise during your trip...try to eat on plan 1/2 the time and enjoy the other 1/2. The scale will probably bounce up when you get home but the majority of it will be water weight, so don't fret. Have fun! Yes, I love to swim and we have a pool, so that works out well in the summer. Not so easy in the winter as indoor pools are not plentiful in my area, unfortunately.

SD - great job with your workouts! Keep up the hard work!

Teacher - I have not changed my calories since starting my journey (until I increased for maintenance). I started at 217lbs eating 1200 calories/day and stayed there until 120lbs. I now eat 1500 calories/day for maintenance. There are varying theories on it but I needed a starting point and being a shortie (literally the size of a 12 year old), I targeted 1200 calories not knowing where it might lead me. I never felt the need to change as I never stalled or plateaued during my journey. And I rarely ate back my exercise calories (unless I was hungry). Hope that helps you. Figuring out the nutrition part is the hardest. I've always been physically active...but it took time, effort and persistence to figure out that I was only going to lose weight if I committed to a food plan. Easier said than done.

I reluctantly made an appointment with my knee surgeon to get my knee checked out. I feel like stomping my feet like a 2 year old about the whole situation. I'm nearly 5 months post-op and should NOT be having this problem. Oh well. I will get through it. It could be worse.

coffeeshopgirl
12-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Thanks DD - I think i'll be able to maintain my progress with all the walking we will be doing.

I wholeheartedly agree with what you said about the food plan. Committing to it is key to losing weight. I was always of the mindset (in my 20s) that as long as I worked out I would lose weight. Nope! Sticking to the diet plan is what is getting my belt loops tighter. Hopefully by Feb/March I can buy some new, smaller pants.

Also, good for you for making a Dr's appointment. I know it's tough, but it's always better to be proactive about injuries/pain rather than having a bigger problem in the long run. Good luck with it!

coffeeshopgirl
12-06-2012, 01:51 PM
So, I haven't had the courage to weigh myself yet. I'm almost done with week 2 on this diet, and I've already seen some results (feeling better and jumping to he next belt loop). However, I don't want to get on the scale and see that I've only lost like 2 pounds. I think that would just discourage me and make me want to give up.

It's not like sticking to this diet is tough - I've pushed through my need to binge and I'm always eating a snack, meal, or drinking water - but I want to see some decent amount of weight loss. I'm thinking I should wait until Jan 1st and give myself a new year's treat by figuring out my new starting weight for the year.

Then, I wonder, how often should I weigh myself from then on? Once a month? Sounds like once a month will give me what I need in terms of structure and adequate weight loss by the numbers.

Jan 1st will also be the day I start adding in my strength training workouts. What should I expect to see for weight loss once I add in the strength training?

teacher1
12-06-2012, 04:45 PM
dogdays- thanks for the insight on your weight loss... you're very impressive!!! prayers for you knee.

coffee- I agree with you... all the walking should even out the splurges. I think weight training is really helpful in burning calories. A few years ago, I successfully lost some weight and I was doing weight training, turbokick, and cycling.

SD & Jen- hi ladies :)

irinaelenav
12-06-2012, 05:08 PM
hello my dears.no onederland for me lol i am waltzing from 256 to 258 no lower. ohh well let's blame christmas.

i hop eu are all allright safe and healthy and more pounds lost than me lol.

coffeeshopgirl
12-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Now onederland for you yet, irinaelenav! You'll get there!

Looks like you've lost 50 pounds so far - great job! I think you can certainly reach 250 by Christmas.

What have you been doing to take off those 50 pounds?

teacher1
12-06-2012, 09:32 PM
irina- hi, how's the weather in Italy???

irinaelenav
12-07-2012, 11:39 AM
teacher1 -lol snowy.it began like an hour agoit is awesome even if sunday i will go see my brother 4 hours derive away.

coffeeshopgirl - been doing south beach diet like it supposed to be done.but then in august i began work(now i am out of work) and the diet went to pices.now i am doing a half diet lets say but it seems i cant go under the 256 wall.lol what will be will be. and december wont help at all.

pace and love and fewer pounds to u all.

coffeeshopgirl
12-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks irinaelenav!

I know, December will be a rough one. But, we can do this! Also, I know how tough it is to focus on dieting when there's so much family visiting and awesome dinners and desserts. Balance balance balance.

And, half diet is better than no diet.

Happy holidays!

SDChickie
12-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Hey chickies!

Sorry I've been AWOL for a couple of days... have been working and exercising... and at some point, I'm going to have to finish (start?!) Christmas shopping for my loved ones! Haha! Good thing I am off work from 12/17 through 12/27!

This chickie right here is addicted to endorphins! LOVING the runner's high... and the high after a seriously strenuous Zumba workout is pretty darned good, too! :D

I have slowed to an average weight loss of 2 pounds per week over the past few weeks, which is fine with me. I knew that exercise would slow my losses, but as long as I'm still losing AND able to move, I'm one happy girl!

No snow here yet, but sounds like we'll get some this weekend. Maybe that will kickstart my shopping! Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

teacher1
12-07-2012, 08:50 PM
irina- snow sounds great... no snow here in kansas yet

SD- I love the new pic!!!

I had a rough day. I found out that my friend passed away last night from a blood clot. She had cerebral palsy and was in a wheelchair. I'm just sick over the news.

SDChickie
12-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Oh, Teacher... I'm so sorry about the death of your friend! :(

Thank you for the compliment on the pic!

And South Dakota now has snow... and sounds like we'll be getting more over the weekend!

irinaelenav
12-08-2012, 02:45 AM
sorry to hear about your friend teacher. hang on and remember the good times u had together.

dogdaysofdiets
12-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Coffee - weigh in frequency is a tough one. Varies based on personal preference. I'm a daily weigher because I'm analytical and like to dig into the details of my progress. Weighing daily has allowed me to understand my normal fluctuations and shed light on a very distinct weight loss pattern (down for a week, up during ovulation, big whoosh and loss for two weeks then a pause for TOM). The ups are almost always water retention related to various things. But for other folks, weighing daily or weekly is too much for them and leads to obsessive thoughts or frustration. Whatever you decide, I highly recommend taking measurements every week and comparing - honestly, the inches lost will show your true progress since the scale can be very misleading. As for the strength training...you may see a jump up on the scale after starting. You will be losing fat but strength training tends to induce water weight gain in the beginning as your body adjusts to the muscle building (when you feel sore it's because your workout is tearing your muscle fiber in the process of making them stronger - your body reacts by retaining fluid to repair the 'damage'). It will whoosh off once your body adjusts to your new fitness routine. Like Teacher mentioned, weight training definitely increases your metabolism. The more muscle mass you build, the more calories your body requires to feed that muscle, so it will definitely help support your calorie deficit. Good luck!

Hi Irina - nice to see you back! I hope you're enjoying the snow. Have fun visiting your brother!

Teacher - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend passing. :hug: You will be in my thoughts and prayers. My work partner's wife suffered a blood clot over Thanksgiving and it was a very close call.

SD - love the new pic! You can really see the progress in your face. Well done! Keep up the good work! Weight loss definitely slows as you move closer and closer to goal, but 2 pounds a week is still fabulous progress so I'm happy to hear you're not discouraged by the change. Your motivation is nice and strong - you WILL win this battle!

As for me - crazy busy week at work. I actually have a new person starting on Monday which should lighten my load once she's up to speed. I'm grateful to have her help! We have 4 soccer games this weekend and my Dad's birthday. We also need to go Christmas shopping for our animals (3 kitties and a yellow lab) - my girls have been begging to go as they really enjoy buying toys for them. So silly, but our animals are family members for us (spoiled rotten, 4 legged family members) and we always buy Christmas presents for them. Our dog has a stocking that we fill on Christmas Eve. He watches us fill it (usually a new stuffed animal and some chew bones) and spends the whole day walking by 400 times to check it out. He loves going through it on Christmas morning. He's too funny. He got very excited when my DH hung it from the mantle this year. He keeps checking to see if it has anything in it, LOL!

For whatever reason, I just noticed this week that the loose skin on my inner thighs and upper arms is actually looking better. DH confirmed my suspicion. I've been waiting to see some progress in that arena for awhile now and had actually resigned myself to the thought that it probably wouldn't happen. I've been strength training for quite some time and even stepped up the focus on my upper arms in the summer but the loose skin didn't improve much until now. There are varying theories on whether it can be improved with strength training versus time. For me, it looks like time was the key.

SDChickie
12-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Yea for toning victories, Dogdays! Wow! I'm afraid I won't have that patience and am already planning on needing some surgery eventually. Honestly, after 3 kids via C-section, there's an awful lot of cut muscle and nerve that's never coming back, no matter how much weight I lose or how many crunches I do... so I'm okay with surgery... AFTER I've reached goal and maintained for at least 6 months. (Heck, it may take 12 to save up the money! Haha!)

Thanks for the compliment, Dogdays. I really don't see the loss in my face. Most of the time, I don't feel it anywhere either, but occasionally I'll look down at my legs and wonder how they could be mine!

We have a stocking up for our kitties. They aren't quite as smart as dogs (it pained me to type that!), so they don't really get that they have gifts until the toys come out or the can is getting opened! :D

teacher1
12-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks everyone-

dogdays- That's wonderful news on the skin tightening :)

I'm drained from everything. Tonight i head to a Christmas party my friend would have attended. I'm not sure how everyone is going to react. There is a service Mon. night at her university and her funeral is Wed. morning.

coffeeshopgirl
12-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi everyone!

Teacher - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's passing :(

Dogdays - Thanks for the feedback! I think I am one who would obsess over daily or weekly weigh-ins at this point, so I have decided to weigh myself once a month. I'll probably start it Jan 1st. Thanks for the tip on measurements - I've been nervous to measure in the past, but I think I just need to suck it up and measure myself. Also - good job on the skin tightening up! Keep up the good work!

SD - I can definitely tell you're losing weight from your pic - good job! So, the C25K stuff is working for you? Do you run on a treadmill or on the track?

Last night I went to a wreath-making party and made a beautiful wedding wreath! I love the silver and white colors that I chose. I'm pleasantly surprised because I'm not all that crafty - maybe I'm becoming crafty? I'll try to post a pic soon.

The fiance had a dude night (kind of a bachelor party?) and asked me to order him a pizza around 11pm to soak up the alcohol from his dude night. So, I came home with a pizza, and had one of the smaller pieces. I knew he would be scarfing down the pizza (which would make me want to binge), so I made myself a snack of yogurt+fruit and toast with avacado spread. It did the trick, and while I ate over my calories for that day (which I anticipated), I ate within moderation. The goal is to be able to eat until I'm full, rather than until I'm bursting with regret, lol. Overall, I did well last night.

Today, I made a beef barley veggie soup, and it is SO GOOD. Hope everyone is doing well on their fitness and health goals. I'm getting married soon and will be in San Juan on Wednesday!!!

***SO EXCITED***

teacher1
12-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Coffee- good luck tomorrow with the wedding!!!! So excited for you :)

coffeeshopgirl
12-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Ok, the wedding is tomorrow and I'm quite a bit off my eating schedule. I've been eating healthy food - veggie soup, sushi, cottage cheese, oatmeal - but I've indulged in a few things too - chips and salsa, a mini can of sierra mist, a glass of wine. I've already accepted that I'm going to indulge a bit for my wedding/honeymoon week, and I know for certain that I can get back on track. It's just interesting: now that I've gotten used to being aware of my eating, how I feel when I eat out of schedule.

The thing I most have to remember is to stay hydrated.

Anyway, just some observations on what happens when I change up my eating schedule. Otherwise - I'm So EXCITED for my big day tomorrow!!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

teacher1
12-10-2012, 07:11 PM
coffee- :congrat: Happy wedding day!!!!! Congrats! :carrot:

I had a busy day running errands. Planning on heading to the y tomorrow. Fingers crossed the hip cooperates.... it's been doing good lately.

SDChickie
12-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Congrats on your nuptials, Coffee! YAY FOR YOU!!!

Teach, hope the Y goes well for you!

Coffee, yes, the C25K program is working wonderfully. Did another 25 minute run today. I run on a treadmill in my basement (Black Friday purchase!) if I need to stick around home for the kiddos or if it's snowing/too cold. Otherwise, I run outside. No track for me... I'd get too bored. I'd get bored on the treadmill, too, but I can catch up on some of my favorite TV shows via my phone. :D

Would love to see a picture of the wreath you made, Coffee... as well as wedding pics!

coffeeshopgirl
12-11-2012, 10:54 AM
I got married yesterday!!!

I'm so glad that I changed my attitude as well as my eating/fitness behaviors. It really helped with all the awesome food I ate yesterday, lol. I still felt in control, and I knew that eating and drinking was ok because it was a celebration! the husband made a lasagna and my friend brought an amazing chocolate cake. I don't even mind eating the leftover today because we're leaving for Puerto Rico tomorrow. We will likely be walking our butts off all week and snorkeling too!

I was originally worried about eating too much and then the wedding day came and I decided that I can allow myself a few days off of a strict eating schedule. It just goes to show that the psychological change is necessary as well as the physical changes. I know I can adhere to an eating schedule - the biggest challenge is not eating as much at night. The honeymoon will be great for adding activity into my fitness plan, and I should be all set for when I get home.

The nice thing is that the husband is all about the fitness (and diet now that his finals are over) as well. We're a good team. I couldn't ask for a better man, partner, husband, friend.

Hope everyone is having a great day! See you in a week!

SDChickie
12-11-2012, 11:44 AM
So excited for you, Coffee! Have a blast on your honeymoon! :D

teacher1
12-11-2012, 01:39 PM
SD- Great job on C25K!!!

Coffee- Congrats!!!! Have fun on your honeymoon :)

The y went well. Off tonight to the viewing and I have the funeral tomorrow. So I'm just ready for Thurs.

dogdaysofdiets
12-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Congratulations Coffee! I'm so glad you enjoyed your day!! Have a fabulous honeymoon. My DH has been my rock as well. I could not have lost 100lbs without his support. I'm glad your DH will support your journey - you'll be that much more successful.

teacher1
12-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Hi everyone!!!

The funeral was yesterday and was brutal. I'm still sad today but glad the hardest parts are over. I got in an elip workout today. How's everyone doing?

SDChickie
12-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Teacher, I want to just tell you again how sorry I am for your loss of your friend. I know this week has been really hard... glad you got through the visitation and funeral and can now hopefully just remember fondly the good times you had with your friend!

I am doing well. After working today and a few hours tomorrow to make up some time from the week, I will officially be on vacation until 12/28/12! Good thing, as I have hardly ANY Christmas shopping done yet! :D Really looking forward to just being able to run when I want to, though... which is still such a new thing for me! (Not sure if I shared this with all of you before, but my lifelong philosophy had always been, "One should not run unless being chased... and then only if it isn't a cute guy!" Everything changed when my energy level went through the roof with this lifestyle change... so I've had to discard my old, beloved philosophy! lol!)

Hey, I hit the 180s! Barely, but I'd say it counts! :D Only 4.8 more pounds to go before I switch from "obese" to "overewight" according to the BMI chart! lol!

Hope everyone is doing well... am SO excited to hear about Coffee's honeymoon soon! :)

dogdaysofdiets
12-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Teacher - funerals are tough. Glad you got through it. Keep up the workouts - they'll help you work through those emotions. Hang in there.

SD - congratulations on a new low and a new decade!! Keep up the good work!

Not too much to report on my end. Busy week at work so not much time to myself. The weather is getting colder - possibly a snowstorm next week. Walking at lunch is becoming a chilly prospect but I'm getting out whenever possible.

teacher1
12-14-2012, 06:53 PM
SD- you're making amazing progress!!! I like your old philosophy on running :)
Enjoy your vacation!!!!

Coffee- I agree with SD... I can't wait to hear about all the fun on your honeymoon

Dogdays- it's getting colder here and the furkids don't do well with cold & windy days even with their fur! Big babies :)

I didn't get a workout in today because I subbed all day. We had a field trip to the mall which was fun. Everyone have a great night.

teacher1
12-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Hi everyone!!!

We're having a really fun & busy weekend. Yesterday took the dogs to visit my parents house. Then off to an early bday dinner with my DH and after we went to look at xmas lights. Today running errands and off to watch a movie this afternoon. How's everyone's weekend?

irinaelenav
12-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Reminder to myself: npt tot expect to maintain weight when go visit brother at trento. To many good things to eat. It was fun awesome. On the 19 th my mom will undergo surgry to remove a "stone" dunno how uu call it i shall go and resource the netmi hope it goes well.

irinaelenav
12-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Excuse the typo i am on blackberry lol

SDChickie
12-16-2012, 06:11 PM
It has been a busy weekend for me. Friday night was the school Christmas program for my older two kids (10yo girl and 8yo boy).

Yesterday was practice for the church Christmas program for the same kids, plus I had a few hours of work to finish up before my vacation. Last night I bought some super cute new knee-high boots and went out with some coworkers until WAY too late... to the tune of 3:30am.

Unfortunately, my kiddos neglected to tell me that they had to be at church at 7:45am today, so imagine my excitement when the alarm went off at 6:30am. Woo hoo! Very thankful that I got about a half hour nap this afternoon. Not enough, but better than nothing! Tonight I am pulling out the Zumba DVD and introducing the kiddos to some Latin movements. They don't attend my twice weekly classes, but that doesn't mean they can't still enjoy the activity! :D

teacher1
12-17-2012, 07:05 PM
irina- I struggle to eat better around my family too. They love to eat!

SD- That sounds like a fun weekend!!!

I spent the day cleaning the house. I didn't do a formal workout.

dogdaysofdiets
12-19-2012, 06:53 AM
Well, I went back to the surgeon yesterday and he confirmed my biggest fears. He ordered another MRI to confirm what he believes is a lateral meniscus tear. Knee surgery would be the only fix if it's a flap tear, which he suspects based on my symptoms (knee locking, etc). When I had knee surgery in July, they repaired my medial meniscus, but my lateral meniscus was in tact and healthy. This new injury is completely unrelated to July's injury. I just have bad knees (my father has had the same problems/surgeries).

In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal. It's not life threatening, I'm grateful for my health. But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that a I threw a temper tantrum inside my head when he told me. I JUST had knee surgery. And now I'm facing it again and I'm so frustrated I could just scream! I lose 100 pounds and this is my prize?? There was no specific injury incident with this one - I first noticed it on my business trip last month when I was working out at the hotel (on the elliptical, so same workout as home) and it has gotten progressively worse.

Thanks for listening. I'll stop whining now.

teacher1
12-19-2012, 06:53 PM
dogdays- I'm so sorry to hear about your knee. I know it's so frustrating to have health problems especially since you've come so far. Thinking of you!

I went to lunch with a friend and then went to my parents house to help clean the carpets. Not exciting but it's a great workout.

SDChickie
12-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Dogdays--That stinks. :( I'm so sorry!

Teach---Carpet cleaning IS a great workout, for sure! Wanna come to the midwest to do mine? :D

It's been a great day for me. Officially finished my Christmas shopping (which I didn't even START until Monday). At one of the stores, a young female employee complimented me on my "killer boots," some knee-high boots I bought for myself last week. I had a 2.8 lb and 2.5 inch loss at my WI today AND I successfully ran my first day of C25K Week 8 (28 minute run) this afternoon. And then I wrapped about 1/5 of the gifts... the rest will have to get done tomorrow, as I have to get ready for Zumba!

So thankful for vacations!!!

teacher1
12-20-2012, 06:44 PM
SD- very productive day... your sassy boots sound great. I live in Kansas so already in the midwest :)

It's my birthday today. I turned 33. Went to lunch with the DH and planning a quiet night at home. I'll celebrate Sat. night with my parents & siblings. It always seems like my bday is a bother since Xmas is right around the corner. I laugh about it now and tease my mom that she should have planned a better bday for me. However, I was 3 weeks late so mostly my fault :)

SDChickie
12-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Happy birthday, Teach!!! :bday2: Hope you have an excellent evening with DH! Your birthday is NEVER a bother... it's reason to celebrate YOU!

I must've missed your location before, Teach. I'm just a couple of states north of you. :D

My gift wrapping is now complete. I'm going to celebrate by helping a friend do HER last minute shopping, then going out for a yummy on-program seafood & veggie dinner with her! :cofdate:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas season! :tree:

coffeeshopgirl
12-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm back from my honeymoon!! It was amazing - a lot of food and drinks coupled with about 3-5 miles of walking a day. The husband worked out this morning and said he only gained about 4 pounds. I'm not sure how much I gained, and I don't care! I think it was mostly from all the pina coladas.

The good thing is that I was doing great with my diet before vacation, and I can get right back on track now that it's over. I had a great time, but it's time to get back on track.

Hope everyone is doing well! Missed you guys!

SDChickie
12-21-2012, 01:34 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm back from my honeymoon!! It was amazing - a lot of food and drinks coupled with about 3-5 miles of walking a day. The husband worked out this morning and said he only gained about 4 pounds. I'm not sure how much I gained, and I don't care! I think it was mostly from all the pina coladas.

The good thing is that I was doing great with my diet before vacation, and I can get right back on track now that it's over. I had a great time, but it's time to get back on track.

Hope everyone is doing well! Missed you guys!

Welcome back!!! We want to hear all about it (well, ALMOST all about it!)! And pictures... we need pictures! SOOO happy for you! And of course you're right... you can jump right back into the swing of things now. Checking in here is a good start!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

teacher1
12-21-2012, 07:42 PM
coffee- yeah!!!! welcome back :) glad you had such a wonderful time

I spent my day baking goodies for my parents, siblings, and in-laws. The best part is after smelling it all day, I'm not really wanting any. Of course, in the next few days I'll have some treats :)

coffeeshopgirl
12-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Thanks ladies! I'm getting some last-minute holiday shopping done, but pics will happen as soon as I can get them :)

At my lab/office, there were a TON of awesome fatty food gifts for us - triple chocolate cookies, white chocolate covered strawberries, bagels, and donuts - for the holidays. With that, I've decided to take this weekend and just let it happen.

Interestingly, on the honeymoon, I felt most of my weight coming from the drinks. Now, I'm just tired and trying to get back into the swing of things. I'm not needing my after dinner snack, and I'm not drinking as much coffee. I still brought my snacks to work with me, even though I chose the chocolate everything today, lol.

The good part about this year is that I am aware of my eating, and I'm allowing myself to enjoy the holiday treats. I don't feel guilty (like last year and so many other times before) for indulging, and I've decided that indulging is not a binge for me.

So glad I checked back in here - I was missing the support and I knew I was doing bad-but-tasty things with the sangria and pina coladas. It was nice to finally eat my normal greek yogurt again! Also, I'll get pics as soon as I can.

Hope everyone is doing well on their holiday goals!

teacher1
12-22-2012, 12:11 PM
coffee- i'm with you! I love greek yogurt. I make a smoothie using- plain greek yogurt, a handful of spinach, mixed frozen berries, and a splash of 1% milk. I love it.

This morning is busy baking my sugar cookies for my family. Tonight we'll head to the parents for a late bday celebration. My brother is home from college so that will be nice. Everyone have a great day :)

teacher1
12-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Merry Christmas Eve :clause:

I'm off to the in-laws today and my family's house tomorrow. Everyone have a fun & safe holiday!

irinaelenav
12-24-2012, 12:36 PM
merry xmass to u all my darling chicks. dont eat to much and enjoy your families!(mine is miles and miles away split in 3)

have a nice day and the world didnt end lol.(sorry i wanted to joke a little cause i am a little down)

SDChickie
12-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Merry Christmas, chickies!

Irina, I pray that your evening is blessed in unexpected and glorious ways!

irinaelenav
12-24-2012, 06:20 PM
it was an awesome evening. i invited a neighbour frined and her family and mu mom and we ate drank joked. my moral it is a little better. ty SDChickie for thinking about me! i means alot!

SDChickie
12-25-2012, 08:09 AM
So glad you had a nice evening, Irina!

Blessings to everyone on this glorious Christmas Day! May health, contentedness, and childlike joy be your portion as you celebrate the birth of our Savior!

coffeeshopgirl
12-26-2012, 01:06 AM
Hope everyone had a great holiday!

Just wanted to check in quickly - Between the honeymoon and the holidays, I've been eating way more than necessary. I wouldn't call it bingeing, just not paying attention and letting the holiday guide my eating.

Two good things:
1. While I've been eating a lot lately, I haven't been bingeing. There's just been a lot of holiday food out and I haven't been saying no. I'm not emotionally eating til my tummy hurts, and I'm glad I am aware of the difference.

2. I am back on track for the rest of the week! I prepped my lunches and snacks for the rest of the week, and I'm thinking about heading to the gym after work. I'm still kind of out of it from vacation, so if I start up over the weekend, I'm ok with that.

So, two good things happening for my holiday season. Yay!

Hope everyone is doing as well with their health/fitness over the holidays!

teacher1
12-26-2012, 01:40 PM
hi everyone!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I'm up on the scale and hoping to get back on track. The DH is home for the until next week so eating will still be a challenge until we get back on a set schedule. Everyone have a great day!

SDChickie
12-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Just had to stop in to share that today's WI officially dropped me from obese to overweight. Who knew I'd ever be so ecstatic to be overweight?! :D

Oh, and I think I forgot to tell you guys that I decided to graduate early from C25K and just go ahead and run the full 5K last weekend. Haha! Really, there's not all that much difference between 28min/2.6 miles and 35min/3.1 miles! Haha! I'll still need to improve my pace, but that's not such a bad chore now that I've got the distance down! Unfortunately, I'm now having trouble getting motivated... super cold here and I don't have much energy. But I do have Zumba tonight, so I am hopeful that this will kickstart my exercise mojo again!

Now is the time for getting back on track... don't wait another day! Take care, everyone!

coffeeshopgirl
12-26-2012, 07:33 PM
I hear ya SD, I'm low on motivation too. We just got a big snow storm in, and I really don't want to move.

Congrats on your early graduation! I'm glad the running is working out for you. Keep up the good work!

coffeeshopgirl
12-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Hi there ladies!

I did well on my eating today. There's still some holiday foods hanging around the house and at work, but they're quickly getting eaten up, haha. I'm not doing all the snacking - I'm def getting some help by those around me.

I feel weird saying this, but I need your thoughts/opinions. I know I can do well on my eating, and it's been fairly easy for me to get back on track with prepping my meals and eating healthy. However, the thought of working out stresses me out! I think it's the combination of diet and exercise that throws me out of whack. I'm not sure why - it's like combining the two is just too much, even though I know it shouldn't be.

Has anyone else felt like this before? I feel like I'm still taking baby steps. Even though I'm doing well with my eating, I feel like I'm not ready to add in work outs. I don't want to get too stressed that I quit altogether.

What should I do?

CabernetKitty
12-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Has anyone else felt like this before? I feel like I'm still taking baby steps. Even though I'm doing well with my eating, I feel like I'm not ready to add in work outs. I don't want to get too stressed that I quit altogether.

What should I do?
I've definitely felt this way before. Working out will be hard no matter what, but if you aren't ready, you aren't ready. Your mentality can make all the difference between a great workout you feel good doing and a workout that's stressful and disappointing (which can lead to eating because you're stressed).

When you say exercise, what exactly to you mean? Going to the gym? Running? Weights? Maybe you're starting too big. I do this a lot, I used to be very fit, so I try to work out at my previous level of intensity. I can't, get disappointed, and give up. This is so silly! Even if I walk a mile, it's worth it. I don't need to pound out a 45 minute work out for it to be worthwhile.

Would walking half a mile each day be too much? If so, that's totally okay. How about doing 20 jumping jacks before you shower? Don't get caught up in "Well, that little amount won't do anything" kind of thinking. Every bit counts. Every time you take the stairs or dance around as you clean the kitchen gets your blood pumping. It's worth it.

Sometimes I think of hitting the treadmill and lifting weights and I start dreading working out at all and thinking about how I just don't have the energy. Which is totally fair. But: I almost always have the energy to walk a mile. If I walk a mile each day, that's 7 miles walked in a week. That's better than nothing.

coffeeshopgirl
12-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Hi CabernetKitty!

Yeah, I was thinking about this today, and I need to revise my workout plan. I had initially planned to do 30 minutes of the P90X dvds, but even that was stressing me out. I'm letting to holidays roll through and trying not to indulge too much, but I decided that my workout plan just wasn't going to happen.

So, my new plan is as follows:

-Alternating days of weight lifting and cardio
-Cardio - 45-60 minutes on the treadmill, or 30 mins treadmill and 30 mins stationary bike (this is very doable, and I was doing this before getting on track with my eating)
-Weight lifting - I have a Total Trainer (the glide board that can be adjusted by incline and works with your body's resistance) at home that's been collecting dust, and my New Year's resolution is to start using it! So, I think i will choose 5-7 exercises and focus on 10-15 reps of each on the appropriate incline.

Does anyone have any weight lifting suggestions?

teacher1
12-27-2012, 03:36 PM
caber- welcome!!!!

coffee- we have the opposite problem... I love to workout and was doing great before my hip problem. I've always struggled more with eating right, I know what to do but my willpower is a problem. Of course, losing weight is mostly diet which is why I don't make much progress. I agree with Caber that slowly adding stuff in would work. I also think changing things up so you don't get bored is important. I know you said your husband workouts, could you do the weight training together? That way you could spend time together and get in a good workout.

I'm spending the next couple days to meal plans and count meal calories so I'll be on target to track all my meals. I've also decided to finally follow up on my doctor's suggestion of physical therapy. I have my first appointment on Jan. 2.

SDChickie
12-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Hello chickies! Welcome, CabernetKitty!

I am bored with exercise. I lost another 2.8lb this week, which is what brought me from obese to overweight, so of course I am happy about that, but I have simply lost motivation to MOVE. I guess I mentioned this above. Even Zumba, which normally gets my energy flowing, is not working. I think I maybe need to tinker with my limited calories and eat more frequently so I keep my energy tank more consistent.

I did run a 5K today... knew I'd be bored, so listened to The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn via podcast AND ran 30sec 6mph intervals, followed by 2 min of regular 4.5mph intervals. (Yes, I'm slow... but I'm steadily improving!) Finished out the last 0.1 mile at 7mph. Holy moly, that's trucking! The intervals kept me from being too bored... I was too busy sucking wind to think about how bored I was! Haha!

Ahhh... if only I could get healthy with diet only! What's that phrase? You lose weight with diet, but you get fit with exercise... dang. Why can't we just pick ONE and go with it?!

teacher1
12-27-2012, 07:24 PM
SD- Yeah, for your wonderful progress. You might have already mentioned it but what diet are you following?

coffeeshopgirl
12-27-2012, 10:10 PM
It sounds like we're all having similar struggles with motivation. I'm glad I'm not alone!

Teacher - Thanks for the suggestion on working out. We do have the opposite problem, lol. I'll be your diet motivator, k? And, yeah, I think me and the hubby can figure out a routine and spend some extra time together. Also, good for you for making a physical therapy appointment - strengthening your hip with a professional will be safer than working through it on your own. Think of it as a personal trainer; when we know how to work out safely and with proper form, we get a better and more sustainable workout overall, right?

SD - I hear ya on the motivation! For me, it's the weather/holiday combination that's completely derailed me. I think you did well by changing up your intervals though. You're right - it's hard to get bored when you're huffing and puffing! Congrats on the weight loss!!

CabernetKitty - how are things going for you?

coffeeshopgirl
12-27-2012, 10:30 PM
I just read over my post, and I guess I'm not completely derailed. Just getting caught up in the weather/holiday excuses. The good thing is that I'm not hungry in the evenings anymore. Once i have my grapefruit after dinner I'm good for the evening.

This used to be my biggest problem - night snacking. So, I may consider this a non-scale victory. What do you ladies think? Behaviorally speaking, I'm aware that it's the holidays (we had a Christmas cookie party at work today) and I'm getting all my holiday treats during the day. It's not even like I'm craving the sweets (also a NSV, I would say), but I'm not denying myself the holiday treats either.

I'm very proud that I'm listening to my body. For as much as I'm off track, I knew the holidays were approaching. I would consider none of my holiday snacking a binge, which is another NSV. I'm not sure when it clicked, but I feel in control of my eating.

Overall, it's good to know that I'm still making progress. Yay for some lifestyle changes!

teacher1
12-28-2012, 06:52 PM
coffee- those are some great NSVs!!!!!

Had a great day, went bowling with my DH, brothers, and sisters. Soon 2 of my brothers will head home. Anyone have fun weekend plans? I'm busy working on my meal planning including adding up the calories in the meals.

SDChickie
12-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Hello, my lovely chickies!

I posted this in my IP subforum, but had to share with you, too... thought you'd get a kick out of it!

I was on vacation for two weeks and just went back to work yesterday. A close colleague mentioned that I was looking skinnier, which I suppose is true, as I'm down 5.6 pounds from the last time he saw me. When I answered his question about my total pounds lost so far, he said, "Wow! You've lost an 8 year old boy!" :eek: I have an 8 year old son, so that really hit home with me. I'd never thought about it like that! I couldn't stop looking at my son this morning. How on earth was I carrying all of that weight on my body? But even more importantly, why do I still feel just as big and shlubby as I did 64 pounds ago?! :shrug:

Teach, I'm doing IP (Ideal Protein)... a low calorie, extremely low carb/fat, adequate protein diet. If you'd like to know more, I'll be glad to share. Just let me know. :)

Coffee, you're doing great, girl! Lifestyle changes are key! No good doing a fad diet only to gain it all back because one never changed his/her habits! Me, I'm now a certified vegaholic... will never again be able to go back to all of the fried stuff... green/yellow/orange hues make me happy! :D

Cabernet... Irina... other Onederland peeps... how is it going for you? Stop in and say HEY! ;)

irinaelenav
12-29-2012, 04:43 PM
hy everyone.i began working again 2 days ago. that is the only good news for me.lol except that my mom's surgery went well.

as fot the diet: lol the diet died wheni set foot on my db home. since then(9 decembr) i didnt loose anything yet i put on like 3 pounds.sooo ashamed tooo ashamed but i had to tell u all. i guess i am the last of the group.ohh well we shall see what 2013 brings to me.

happy new year(if i dont get a chance to come over here till 2013) luv u all. ty for letting me joing such a nice group.

teacher1
12-29-2012, 06:26 PM
irina- Congrats on the new job!!! Glad to hear your mom's surgery went well. Don't worry about going up a little. I gained some during the holidays. We'll get those pounds dropped!!! Here's to a great fight in 2013 :)

SD- Losing an eight year old is very impressive!!! I've been reading about different weight loss programs and think I'll stick with calorie counting for now. However, IP does have very impressive results.

Had a lazy day today. I've been doing the elliptical for the last few days and I'm ready to change it up. However, I going to stick with the elip until my physical therapy appointment Wed. Everyone have a great night :)

alliesmom00
12-30-2012, 10:36 AM
I have been avoiding the scales since aging 40 some odd pounds back from my total weight loss. However I decided to really hunker down and get serious about getting this weight off and for the first time in months I was less than 200....I swore I would never see that in front of my weight again. I hate the constant struggle I have with my weight and self image. I know I shouldn't let it define me, but I always seem to fall back into that mindset. Hopefully I can refocus on my weight and how I feel about myself. Very few people know the struggle and obsession weight issues can be especially when it has been a like long struggle. That is why I use to be very active on this site. It was a great source of support. I wish I would have kept consistent. Here is to a new year and a new start.

Right now I am doing a highly restrictive diet that is monitored by a doctor. High protein and low calorie....it's hard to stick to at first, but seeing as I am a carboholic I needed to make a drastic change. I also think I have binge eating problems as well so I have a tough road.

teacher1
12-30-2012, 01:29 PM
allie- welcome back!!! I know it sucks to gain after such a loss but you're doing great.

I'm off to hang out with my family this afternoon. The holidays have been great but I'm ready for a set schedule. Got in an elip workout today :)

CabernetKitty
12-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Congrats SDChickie and thank all of you girls for the welcome! I have enjoyed being a part of this forum so much since I've found it. :)

teacher1
12-31-2012, 01:34 PM
:snowglo: Hi ladies!!!

I woke up to snow :) It's the 2nd snow of the winter. Today we'll head to my parents to help take down their xmas tree and the DH and I head to dinner at PF Chang's later. Tonight we'll ring in the New Year at home with the furkids. I'm making frozen peach bellinis. We only drink a few times a year so I'll probably fall asleep at 9. How's everyone ringing in the New Year?

dogdaysofdiets
01-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Happy New Year everyone! My household has been a rotation of head colds, chest colds and bronchitis. Finally on the mend now that the holidays and time off from work/school are nearly over. We had friends over for dinner last night, but other than that, a fairly quiet New Year's Eve for us. We're not big drinkers either, so I had one glass of wine with dinner and that was it.

I haven't really been on plan since Christmas Eve. Not really overdoing the eating but decided to relax over the holidays and not calorie count. I've weighed daily to keep accountable for that and I'm surprised I'm only up a couple pounds. Back to calorie counting today (I actually miss it, LOL!). Despite being sick, I enjoyed my birthday. My DH got me a gift certificate to White House Black Market for some work clothes shopping. I stuck to the sale rack mostly and got some cute things. Looking forward to wearing them this week. I also picked up some more jeans at Old Navy the day after Christmas when they had jeans on sale for $10. I think my wardrobe is now sufficient for the winter.

I had the MRI done on my knee last week. Still waiting to hear the results. Secretly hoping it comes back with "no surgery required" but I know that's an unrealistic expectation.

SDChickie
01-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Happy New Year, fabulous ladies!

Alliesmom--welcome back! Glad to have you join in the fun! :hug:

DDD--I'll secretly hope along with you! A belated :bday2: to you!

Teacher--Frozen peach bellinis sound delicious... and completely off-program for me! Oh well... maybe next year! :D

Irina--congrats on the gig! This is wonderful news!

Cabernet and Coffee--hiya! Hope you are doing smashingly well on this first day of 2013!

I ran last night... only the 3rd time since 12/22... and wanted to get off of the treadmill EVERY SINGLE MINUTE... but I didn't. For continuing on and finishing my 5K, I was rewarded with my best time yet. It won't break any world speed records, but it beat MY previous personal best, so I was happy! I was even happier when I was able to beg out of going to a NYE party with my family and instead just stay home and take a nice hot bath and go to bed early. I volunteered to work today since I just had two weeks off... figured my coworkers might appreciate the gesture. ;)

I have continued to be lethargic and demotivated... and I now think it's more than boredom. Rather, it's being overtired from not getting enough sleep over the holidays and not getting enough calories (at least not at the right time) to sustain me throughout the day. I'm going to work on this, as in addition to continuing to hone my 5K time, I need to start working on my core strength so I can do some obstacle course races (think: Warrior Dash and Spartan Sprint) this year!

Happy 2013, chickies! :grouphug:

teacher1
01-01-2013, 01:37 PM
:newyear:

Dogsday- :bday2you: Fingers crossed on your knee news :hug:

SD- So nice of you to volunteer to work!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Years day!!!! I'm off to the in-laws for a bday celebrate for the father in-law. Had my healthy breakfast and tracked it on daily burn!!! Going to start the new year right!! Everyone have a great day!

*Had to adjust my ticker up :( I'm going to adjust it on Saturdays, if it's an up or down to keep me more honest on my progress. I weigh in daily but I'm charting it weekly.

alliesmom00
01-01-2013, 10:28 PM
So big news for me...I got engaged yesterday. I have been dating my bf for 2.5 years. I was married for 10 years prior to that. I was completely shocked and surprised. He's been great and tries hard to be supportive of my weight issues. He is even dieting with me now. So many things to work on in my life now. It's all pretty exciting.

coffeeshopgirl
01-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Congratulations alliesmom00! Isn't it helpful when your bf/husband is dieting and working out with you? Even if we don't always work out together, it's nice that me and my hubby can talk about weight issues and motivate each other. When are you getting married?

SD - Good for you for getting back on the treadmill. Yay for staying on track!

teacher - I gained back all the weight (maybe 2-3 pounds?) that I lost before my honeymoon, Christmas, and New Years. Good job being honest with yourself, and just remember that awareness is what will keep us motivated to make healthy choices. You'll get back on track now that these holidays are over.

dogsday - We've been fighting colds at my house/work as well. I keep drinking tea and a vitamin C drink to stay hydrated. Glad everyone's starting to feel better. And that's awesome that you found 10$ jeans!

irina - How's the new job going?

CabernetKitty - How were your holidays?

coffeeshopgirl
01-02-2013, 12:18 AM
So, I hosted a New Year's Eve party and it was a hit! There was a good turnout and everyone had fun. Of course, I was probably way over calories. While I had a great time, it's time to get serious again. I have been off the diet since the honeymoon. I started to get down on myself, but then I realized that it was the holidays, and I was having a good time. Last year the holidays were AWFUL, so the good times were more important to me than counting calories this year.

So, in keeping up the positive thinking, I've decided that I'm ready to get back on track.

My first mini-goal is to start eating clean for 5 days.
My next mini-goal is to start using my total trainer on Jan 7th. It's always easiest for me to start on a Monday.

The rest is just rinse and repeat.

Be back to check in soon!

teacher1
01-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Alliesmom- :congrat: on your engagement!!!!

coffee- glad your party was a big success :carrot:

I had my first physical therapy appointment this morning. Started with stretches, then 15 minutes of heat, then around 15 minutes of a pure nightmare, where he pull the sore muscles, and finished with teaching me some stretches to do at home. My next appointment is on Friday. He told me no elliptical for now :(
He said I can cycle and I'll try but I have to go to the gym to cycle. I'm going to ask him about the treadmill on Friday. My homework from PT is- heat 15 min and then my set of stretches 2x a day. He said it should get much better but it will take some time. I'm a little sad about the workout situation but better to deal with it now than waiting another year.

I'm on track with eating and tracking calories. However, my mood is just grumpy today. I'm not hungry just adjusting to my cleaner eating.

coffeeshopgirl
01-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Good job on the PT teacher!

And, good job on tracking your calories! Sounds like there's just the adjustment of getting to the gym and you're all set.

I hear ya about adjusting to clean eating again. I'm in the same boat - my eating, sleeping, and stress is all out of whack. The stress was a good one though, and the schedule is coming back together.

Tonight we're going to the gym so that the husband can run and I can go for a swim. It's been a while since we went so late, but since our sleep schedule is off - staying up late and sleeping/relaxing so much over the break - I figured it will be a good activity to get us out of the house and hopefully help us sleep.

I did well today with my eating. Now, it's just a matter of getting the kitchen cleaned from the party and we should be back to normal.

How's everyone else doing?

alliesmom00
01-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks all... I go in the morning to weigh in with my doctor. I hope the numbers are good. I have been sticking to the diet strictly, but I always get worried my body will stall. My fiancÚ says he can tell I'm losing, but of course I'm not seeing it. He weighs in tomorrow too. Neither of us have worked out in three weeks now which is different for us, but our calorie intake s so low I don't think we could make it through a workout. I think the doctor will tell us we need to be doing at least 30 minutes so we may need to try and go back to mild workouts anyway.

coffeeshopgirl
01-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Hi alliesmom00!

Sorry if I didn't catch this in your previous posts, but what kind of diet are you on? How many calories are you eating? Is your fiance on the same diet?

I think it's awesome that you and your fiance are doing this together.

Good luck with the weigh in - let us know how it goes!

coffeeshopgirl
01-02-2013, 11:55 PM
So, I decided to go for a swim tonight at the YMCA while the husband went for a run. I also decided to weigh myself. I've been avoiding the scale for a long time because it was stressing me out and having an opposite effect on my weight loss.

I stepped on and put the lever all the way to the end. It dropped down unexpectedly. I bumped it back to my starting weight, and went back half a pound.

With all the events happening since November:
-Thanksgiving
-My wedding
-My honeymoon
-Holiday Lunch at work (a fine dining/heavy calorie experience)
-Christmas Eve with family
-Christmas Day with the husband
-Christmas cookie exchange at work (this lasted several days, thanks to the leftovers and sugar highs we were all happily suffering from)
-New Year's Eve party (I've already told you ladies how calorie-awesome that was, lol)

After those 8 weeks, 8 holiday events, where I didn't worry about calories, I knew I over ate, I kinda worked out on the honeymoon, I still LOST 1/2 a pound from my starting weight.

Granted, I lost a little before Thanksgiving, so I know I gained a few pounds back, but I was expecting to have put on 8-10 pounds based on how I was feeling. I'm just glad I didn't go over my starting weight. I attribute it to eating healthy on the days I wasn't celebrating. I was starting to get down on myself for over eating through the holidays, but something told me to get back on track on the non-holiday days anyway.

So glad I kept trying. Just thought I would share this with you ladies because you have been SO helpful with your positive feedback and encouragement.

Thank you all for your support :)

dogdaysofdiets
01-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Coffee - yay for being down a half pound! That's fantastic!! My DH always likes to remind me that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't sweat the timeline. Just keep on trucking along and the weight will continue to drop off.

Alliesmom - a HUGE congratulations on your engagement!! I hope your weigh in went well today.

Teacher - P/T session sounded rough. I hope your hard work pays off and you start to feel better soon. Good job with your eating! Remember, even if your cardio opportunities are limited, you can still lose weight if you stick to your eating plan. I lost and maintained during my knee injury and surgery recovery time over the summer - was just very careful of my eating.

Well...speaking of my knee. I got my MRI results back and the verdict is pretty much what I dreaded. I need another surgery to repair more torn cartilage and the lateral meniscus. All different and unrelated to my July surgery. I'm so frustrated but there's not much I can do since my symptoms are worsening. I'm trying to schedule it in February and hopefully I'll be recovered in time for the warm spring weather's arrival. Argh!

teacher1
01-03-2013, 08:24 PM
dogdays- booo, that stinks!!! I'm so sorry about your knee. Thanks for the advice on eating.

coffee- you're doing great! I got married 2 1/2 years ago and I gained 9 pounds on my 2 week honeymoon. Yikes!!

alliesmom- are you on IP like SD?

I subbed today and that was rough with all the paras eating junk food all day. I'm sticking to my limit and tracking all food. Tomorrow I'll head to the y in the morning to cycle before my PT in the afternoon.

alliesmom00
01-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Well the weigh in went well. I lost another 3.5 pounds and 1.5 inches. I'm doing a program here by the Weighstation. It's very low carb and low calorie and you are monitored by a doctor and weigh in weekly with a nurse. You get b 12 injections weekly and are prescribed phentramine. My average calorie intake is around 800 right now. I eat between 10-12 oz of lean proteins green veggies and limited fruit. We can not have diet drinks or anything with aspartame or artificial sweeteners. It's tough for sure but this place is well known and you get results for sure. My fiancÚ weighed in he lost 7 pounds this week.

SDChickie
01-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Hey lovely ladies!

Sorry to have disappeared for a bit. I have been reading, but not posting. So fun to read about your lives!

I have had some emotional struggles, which in turn have led to mental and physical health issues... so I've been running. If I can actually rip my slug-like self out of the recliner, I ALWAYS feel better, in ALL ways, after the workout!

Down just 1.4 lb this week, which is actually pretty good given the inflammation in my body due to extra exercise AND the stress I have had. Goals for the next 7 days are to exercise every day, including weight training, get enough sleep every night, and avoid relationships that beget drama. The last one is the toughest, but I can do it!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

coffeeshopgirl
01-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Hey there SD! Your new pic looks great!

I know what you mean about needing to avoid dramatic relationships. It's amazing what stress - especially unnecessary stress - can do to our bodies. Just take things one step at a time.

Remember - positive choices go beyond the physical.

Keep up the good work SD!

teacher1
01-04-2013, 10:31 PM
SD- I agree with coffee... love the new pic!!! Feel better

alliesmom- it's great your doing this with your husband. I wish women would lose weight faster than men instead of the way it is!! Not fair.

I had my second PT appointment and much better than the first. I'll have 2 more weeks of PT twice a week for now. I didn't make it to the y since I ended up subbing. However, did a little bike time at PT. Not really a workout! I feel like a grandma with my workout restrictions.

coffeeshopgirl
01-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Teacher - I would still call it a workout. Anything that's helping your knee and keeping your healthy habits going is a good thing. Keep up the good work!

coffeeshopgirl
01-05-2013, 09:09 PM
I don't know why I'm not a fan of weight training, but lately (in the past year) I'm just not. I don't think it's the weight training itself; I think it's the coordination of eating right, cardio, and weight lifting.

What has been really working for me is cutting out the stress, and I wonder if I have a fear of weight training bringing on a natural physical stress.

Alas, I'm tired of hearing myself complain (on the internet and in my own head, lol), and tonight is supposed to be the night I start my Total Trainer workouts. I've been avoiding it since dinner ended, and I'm trying to figure out why.

I think it's another issue of "If you fail to plan, then plan to fail." I told myself that I would figure out a routine once I got myself onto my Total Trainer, but here I am avoiding "the unknown."

So, here is my plan:

Low Leg Pull In (Abs)
Trunk Rotation
Pull Up
Kneeling Row
Chest Press
Front Lunge
Bicep Curl/Chin Up
Triceps Extension

I'm not sure what incline I need yet. Probably between 4-5 so that I don't tire out.

For reps, I will do a countdown cycle from 7-0. Not sure what this is called, but basically I will start the first round of exercises at 7 reps, repeat the round with 6 reps, repeat again with 5 reps, and so on.

Well, there. I wrote it down. I made a plan. I even got a good website for those exercises.

Ugh, I'm still not motivated energetically, but the plan is making me get off the couch, lol. I guess that's good enough for now. :tantrum:

Who wants to bet that I'll rush back after my workout and tell everyone how awesome I feel? :yes:

teacher1
01-06-2013, 01:25 PM
coffee- I hear you... i can easily get motivated to go to a cardio class at the y or do a workout video at home but weight classes are another story. I agree though that they are important. How did the workout go?

The pain is spreading around my hip to my lower back and bottom. The PT said this is common since they pulled the muscles so much and it's all connected. So no pain no gain here. Hoping to see some improvement in the next couple of weeks. I'm keeping up with the stretches 2x a day and heat. How was everyone's weekend? I have a big crock pot full of veggie soup cooking for lunches this week.

coffeeshopgirl
01-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Hi teacher! Good to hear that you're keeping up with the heat and stretching. Sounds like it will just take some time and effort with PT for it to heal.

The workout went well. I got into my bedroom, pulled out the Total Trainer, and I did the workout. I guess it's just tough to start new habits. In all, it took me about 40 minutes to do the workout. Actually, it was funny - I was a little wobbly at the start, and I almost fell off the trainer, lol! It's a total body workout, and I think I'll do it again tonight - maybe a round of 4-3-2-1 - just to enforce the new routine.

I swam today for about 45 minutes and did well on my eating. All my meals are prepped for the week for work. Dinners will be easy to portion out now that I'm back in the swing of things. The other thing I like about portioning my food, aside from the calorie awareness, is that it is more cost effective. If I'm staying withing serving size, then I have another meal for the next day! So portioning is good in both ways :)

With all the recent working out, I'm definitely feeling it in my muscles. This is different than body aches, thankfully! So far so good, and I'm ultimately glad that I finally worked in weight training to my routine. I guess it goes to show that the next step is there as soon as we're ready for it.

Just gotta keep this routine going :)

coffeeshopgirl
01-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Yum teacher - veggie soup!

We have turkey meatloaf and chicken noodle soup on deck for dinners this week. We also keep some tilapia and shrimp handy if we need a break or run out of the crock pot meals.

teacher1
01-08-2013, 06:55 PM
hi ladies!!!

I'm doing good with eating & tracking calories. I started my 2nd week of PT for my hip & I'm noticing some improvements. How's everyone doing?

dogdaysofdiets
01-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Hey Teacher - glad you're seeing some improvement with your hip. Great job with your eating plan. Keep up the good work!

Coffee - great job with your new routine! It's definitely hard to break old habits in favor of new ones...and those old ones are always trying to sneak back. Hang in there and keep plugging along. You have the right attitude for success.

SD - love the new avatar pic. Your face keeps changing. You're reaching the point where every 5 pounds down will change your appearance more and more drastically. I bet your clothes sizes are dropping like crazy these days!

Crazy busy at work since returning after the holiday break. The weekend flew by. I got my knee surgery scheduled for the week in February I was targeting, so that's good, as it will be an easier time to take off from work. Not much new on the workout front. Still plugging away best I can, despite the knee injury. My eating plan has been on track (for maintenance) so I'm happy about that.

coffeeshopgirl
01-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Hi teacher and dogsday! Good to see you ladies posting :) SD - haven't seen you in a while, but we're thinking of you and hoping that everything is going well! *hugs* Sounds like we're all getting back on track. Is anyone else happy that the holidays are over?

Today was a rest day/cheat day. I decided to listen to my body, which was telling me to relax since I've been swimming/lifting since Sunday and to eat just a little bit more. After dinner I was still a little hungry, so I ate some chicken noodle soup. Then, i decided it was a cheat day too and treated myself to half a slice of cheesecake. I'm still feeling strong, as the other half is in the fridge and I can eat it if I want to - I'm just not hungry for it. :carrot: The DH or his brother will probably eat it tomorrow. So happy I live with two guys, lol!

I have a feeling I will catch up on my sleep tonight because I just cannot stay awake tonight! But, I know I'm resetting from the holidays, so that why I gave in and moved the workout to Thursday and Friday. I joined a 90-day challenge thread here in 30-somethings and I will still be able to reach my goals.

I should tell you about my goals! They're pretty simple:

Diet: Eat clean - prep my meals for work, no fast food, no binging.
Progress - I'm trying to figure out how many calories are appropriate for my new found activity level. I checked a BMR calculator which suggests 2200 calories - this is tough to do. I'm SO FULL (first world problems, I know), and I almost feel like I was when I was over eating and binging. I know I'm eating to calorie limit, so at least I'm still feeling in control. I will keep experimenting with this and keep you posted.

Exercise: Weight lifting 3x a week. I have a total trainer machine, and I developed a routine of 7 exercises that do a ladder workout to: I start with 7 reps each exercise, then 6 reps each exercise, then 5 reps, and so on.
Progress - So far, so good. The initial schedule is to do this routine Tues and Thurs and Sat, but today I needed to rest. Alas, I moved today's workout to Friday. I know I should typically give myself a day between lifting, but I'll gauge my body and see what happens.

Cardio: Goal is 2x a week. There is open swim on Mon and Wed nights and all day on Sun. So, I have my options.
Progress: I enjoy swimming, so this goal is a fun one. I took a break from swimming to walk on the treadmill for a few months, but I'm glad to be back in the pool.

So, those are my goals. It sounds like a lot, and I'm glad there's a 90-day limit. It gives me an end-date to shoot for, and I'm sure by then I'll have developed a good, coordinated habit of diet, lifting, and cardio. Wish me luck!

Ok, off to bed - I'm exhausted!

teacher1
01-09-2013, 04:16 PM
coffee- what great goals... good luck with your challenge!!!!

dogdays- glad you're able to schedule the surgery when you want to

I'm doing great with eating right and tracking calories. I'm in a funk since I can't intensely workout. I went to the y for a 20 min stationary bike ride. Felt weird not going to a class. I just wish I knew how long it will take for the hip to heal. I'm slowly losing the weight.... a little worried since TOM is right around the corner.

coffeeshopgirl
01-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Hi teacher! Good luck with the hip therapy - it's so tough to take things just one day at a time. And, since TOM of coming up, make sure you have some healthy comfort foods ready. Mine is coming up too, and I'm about to break and go for some ice cream.

Recently - as in yesterday - I got overwhelmed with juggling all 3 goals and decided to slow down a bit. Overall, i'm exhausted and trying to get back onto a normal sleep schedule. I've decided to catch up on sleep this weekend - looking forward to it.

Hope all is going well!

teacher1
01-11-2013, 07:48 PM
coffee- I hope you get some rest this weekend.

I had PT today and it was brutal. I was sweating all over with all these painful stretches. Just super grumpy today with all the PT pain and TOM on the way is making me super emotional.

SDChickie
01-12-2013, 02:19 AM
Hello, lovely ladies!

I have been working out like a fiend this week... such that I GAINED a pound (presumably of muscle!), but also LOST 3.5 inches! Okay... I'll take the good with the bad! Ha! Just looking forward to a weight whoosh soon as well.

Teach, I know it's hard to have patience when you want to MOVE... but try to enjoy the scenery at the slower pace!
DogDays, glad you were able to get your surgery scheduled. Sometimes it's good to just know when it's going to happen!
Coffee, I hope this weekend finds you sleep-satisfied and less overwhelmed... life seems so much easier when one is well-rested!
Alliesmom, sounds like your program and mine are similar, although I don't take phentermine or B12 injections... and I don't get to have fruit! Lots of veggies, some Ideal Protein packets (highly absorbable protein with minimal carbs & fats), and 8oz of lean protein every day.

Let's do this, chicks! :D Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

coffeeshopgirl
01-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Hi teacher and SD!

teacher - Sorry the PT and TOM is getting to ya. It's so tough around TOM and sweating doesn't make us feel better either. But, the PT is going to help and good job sticking with it! You can do this :)

SD - Good to see ya back! Sounds like your workouts are really paying off. Good job SD!

As for me, I stopped with the workouts because my body got too overwhelmed. It's so weird as I get older how my energy levels and stress levels have differentiated and demand appropriate balance. For instance, if I don't get enough sleep, after 3 days I'm out of whack! If I overeat/binge for 2-4 days, my body says 'I hate you' until I get back to normal calorie levels and reset myself. Also, if I exercise/swim too much/too fast in a week, it effects my sleep and my eating habits.

If I've done anything right since I joined 3FC in November, it was paying attention to my body and becoming aware of the habits that I mentioned above.

The goal this week is to buckle down on my calories, and I will probably go swimming tomorrow for fun.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

teacher1
01-12-2013, 01:39 PM
SD- Losing inches is great & I'm sure you feel great after your workouts

coffee- I think adjusting your goals as you go is a good plan.

I'm lost 4 pounds this week. Staying on track with food, tracking calories, and my stretches 2x a day.... baby steps in the right direction :)

coffeeshopgirl
01-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Good job teacher!! Keep up the good work!

teacher1
01-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Hi ladies!!!

How was the weekend? I'm in a much better mood than Friday :) Lazy day at home with the DH.

dogdaysofdiets
01-13-2013, 08:03 PM
Teacher - yay for lazy days! Congratulations on the 4 pound loss!! So VERY happy your efforts are paying off.

SD - 3.5 inches is fabulous! Great job!

Coffee - the older I get, the more sensitive my body is to changes in my routine as well. Like I've said before, my body can retain water better than the Hoover Dam and that's its response to ANY changes...eating changes, workout changes, sleep changes, etc. It's so annoying, but now that I understand it and can predict it, I can more easily accept the ups and downs. Hope you had fun swimming!

Busy weekend for me - kids, soccer, horseback riding (oldest DD), and two birthday parties to chauffeur the girls to. DH and I enjoyed a romantic afternoon trip out to the grocery store today to stock up for the week. :cool: I've been doing really well with my eating plan this weekend. I'm trying to go back into a slight deficit in preparation for my knee surgery and subsequent immobility. Once the knee is healed, I plan to start training for long distance road biking with DH. He's very accomplished with road biking so I have a LONG way to go before catching up with him, but I'll get there. Maybe, LOL!

teacher1
01-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Dogdays- long distance biking is serious stuff !!! How many kids do you have?

I went to PT today and it went much better than last Friday. Still plugging away on calorie counting & tracking.

dogdaysofdiets
01-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Hi Teacher - I have two girls. Glad your PT is going well and your eating is on plan. You must be feeling a strong sense of accomplishment. Keep up the good work!

coffeeshopgirl
01-15-2013, 08:49 PM
I'm cynically proud of myself. Today, I stuck to my calories AND avoided snacking on work cookies from Christmas and ice cream sandwiches at home. i'm feeling accomplished. But very, very tired thanks to my TOM.

To avoid my snacking - biggest challenge was after dinner - I pulled out all the stops. I drank a glass of tea, another glass of water, then brushed my teeth. Finally, I was too full to even think about eating anything else.

Still, I want that ice cream. I think it's residual cravings from the weekend and last week from when I was binging. Still...want want want.

But, alas, I'm too full. Yay :woohoo:

dogdaysofdiets
01-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Good job resisting the urge Coffee! This journey is just as much a mental struggle as it is a physical one. Keep up the good work!

coffeeshopgirl
01-16-2013, 09:09 AM
Thanks dogdays :) The encouragement I get from 3FC if very helpful :)

teacher1
01-16-2013, 08:42 PM
coffee- way to pull through those struggles

I subbed today and staying on top of my stretches. Still enjoying this downward progress on the scale. I know it will slow down but enjoying it now.

coffeeshopgirl
01-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Good job with the weight loss and stretching teacher!

The tickers I put on my signature are helpful. I'm making mini goals of 5 pounds down every two weeks and see how that goes.

teacher1
01-17-2013, 02:26 PM
coffee- great idea of the 5 pound mini goal

I made it to the y for my 20 min bike ride. Hip is making some progress :) Best part of the ride was my view. I was able to look out over the indoor pool where the students with special needs I sub for were swimming. Such a precious view.

coffeeshopgirl
01-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Aww :) That makes the bike ride go by faster, doesn't it?

Turns out my body wasn't ready to buckle down to 1700 cals completely this week. I blame TOM, because I'm wanting chocolate and comfort foods. But, the mini goal is still set for Feb 1st, and I have to remember it's only Jan 18th (and 5 pounds is very possible in that amount of time).

Keep up the good work teacher!

teacher1
01-18-2013, 07:04 PM
coffee- TOM is a hard time for watching what you eat!!

I subbed today and had a blast watching the kiddos play basketball. I pushed my PT to Monday. Everyone have a great night :)

teacher1
01-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Down 2 pounds this week... not very impressive but in the right direction :)

Anyone have fun weekend plans? I'm heading to the y for a bike ride and later taking my dogs to visit my parents house.

coffeeshopgirl
01-19-2013, 06:18 PM
Good job teacher :) Seeing your success is motivating!

Turns out I put on 1.6 pounds sometime between Jan 1st - present. Found this out because I bought a scale today. We have to cancel the YMCA account because it's just getting too pricey. But, there's a Planet Fitness nearby and it's only 20/mo for the both of us. While I'm kinda bummed about the pound increase, I also anticipated it by how my body was feeling and what i was eating. I wonder if my body was fighting to stay at its set point?

In any case, I now know where I stand again. I'm still setting my goal at losing 5 pound by Feb 1st. Seems manageable.

teacher1
01-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Coffee- It's hard not to get frustrated with the scale but you're making great progress by following through

Had PT today & getting frustrated. In the beginning, I saw progress but now not so much :( The PT said another 2 weeks for 2x a week and then we'll see. I know it wouldn't be a quick fix since it's been messed up for a year. Baby steps...

coffeeshopgirl
01-22-2013, 01:55 PM
I hear ya with the baby steps, teacher!

I've been failing and night eating, lol. This has been the worst TOM that I've had in a while - I think it's because I didn't eat as clean over the holidays. Nothing else is wrong, it just feels like it did when I was heavier. So, I feel like I'm back at step 1.

And, to deal with the night eating, I've just decided to give in and move my after dinner snack to 8pm instead of right after dinner. I figure that since I keep eating around 9pm, I may as well compromise with my body and have an allotted snack at 8.

We'll see what happens tonight and whether or not my body agrees with this decision, lol.

Baby stepping with you teacher! Keep up the good work :) Sometimes, just not giving up is all we can do.

teacher1
01-23-2013, 04:47 PM
coffee- hang in there

I'm going out to dinner tonight with friends. We're going to Ihop and I'm going to order the spinach and mushroom omelette from the light and fit menu. Hopefully, all our chatting will distract me from the waffles and pancakes that I want to eat!!!

SDChickie
02-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Hey girls! Have been creeping, but haven't been posting... too busy to sit down at the computer and it's a pain to post w/ the Android app. I have been thinking of you, though... and hope all is well in your world!

dogdaysofdiets
02-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Hey girls! Have been creeping, but haven't been posting... too busy to sit down at the computer and it's a pain to post w/ the Android app. I have been thinking of you, though... and hope all is well in your world!

Same here. Been reading but haven't had a free minute to post. I hope everyone is doing well and continuing to make progress.

Heading to a soccer game in a few minutes and then date night with DH tonight. Looking forward to it! Take care!

teacher1
02-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Hi ladies!!!

It's been a busy week. Getting the house ready for the Super Bowl tomorrow. The in-laws are coming over. I have PT Monday morning. I've been going twice a week and slowly my hip is getting better. Everyone have a great weekend.

teacher1
02-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone!!!

It's been a rough time lately with food and I'm getting frustrated with PT for my hip. I'm refocusing and getting back on track. How's everyone doing? Anyone getting hit by the snow??? Here in Kansas- no snow and mild temps.

Skinnygirldreams
03-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Hey Teacher.. I dunno if you come on this posting anymore, but wanted you to know I feel your pain on Physical Therapy. I had 4 months of it from August through December. not fun!