General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 02:00 PM   #1  
DNW

Talking April Booty Camp Thread #1

Well the weather's warmer and I am going to give it the college try again this month and get off my butt and back to the gym...still journaling my food so there are no gains, but no losses either...thinking about doing a Body for Life type of regimen and see what happens...however I will stick to our thread and my friends here since I couldn't bear to be away from you all for very long....

Love to all!!! Smoochies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2003, 05:58 PM   #2  

They say there's no fool like an April fool!

Sunshine and smaller clothes, here we come!

Old 04-01-2003, 05:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Morning Ladies,

I have been on hiatus lately. Spent most of the weekend helping my daughter move and cleaning house. Must be Spring! I always feel so good at this time of year and want to get my house cleaned.

I'm with you DNW, ready to get my butt moving. The 1 year anniversary is coming up at the end of this month and I want it to be positive. The weather here is pretty nice for the most part and there's no reason for me not to get outside (except for all the pollen, sniffing and sneezing).

Not doing so well on Atkins, I love fruit too much but I did decide to watch my carb intake and stay away from white anything. So far so good. I've gotten back into my water habit which is also good.

How's everybody else feeling these days about getting back into their plans? I know that SEMO and brighterdays have been working hard.

Sure do wish that Tiffany, Dyan and anyone else who's missing would come back.

OK, I've rambled long enough, talk to you all later.

LJ
Old 04-01-2003, 07:50 AM   #4  

Hi! Any April Fools out there?
I got my youngest son this morning...fork in the cereal gag. Then I did "untied shoe" on my oldest. I need to think of a good one to get DH. I'm sure he is on guard.

Huntress, did you start out following Atkins exactly? I just read an article on Atkins in Vouge. I don't usually buy Vouge, but I'm a sucker for diet titles. This one had "Losing It. True Tales of Atkins, Ornish and Weight Watchers". I need a smilie with SUCKER stamped on the forehead.
I know I'm a carb junkie and Atkins might be a good thing for me to try...at least to get the carbs out of my system.

I've been a busy worker-bee the last couple of days. Took all the shades and curtains down. Spring Clean Fever! Need to haul the ladder out today, clean the skylights. Hope this phase lasts awhile!

Water bottle in hand, off to shower before the Culligan man gets here.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:26 AM   #5  
Long Lost Chickie

Yikes! I've gained 20 pounds over the past month!!!!

APRIL FOOLS!!!! (Thank God.)

Yeah, that was lame, I know. It's early.

Ah, but my mamma din't raise no fools so I'm going to start again. I'm going to leave here and do some calculating and decide what I can reasonably and realistically do on the April exercise challenge. And it's time for Jello to get back on the old wagon too. The next few days are going to be rough - too many social things and personal challenges but I hope to be back on track by Friday. Is it OK if I opt for the "slow-start" method?

Tiger, you !! You're one of those "tricky" folks, aren't you? Ooh but it sounds like you're also a bundle of energy lately. Want to come and take down my shades and curtains too? OK then how 'bout just sending some of your energy!

Huntress, you too! I keep swearing I'm going to get into this spring cleaning this year. Hm, that is if spring ever gets here! We had snow again yesterday! Grumble.

Well, I'm off to calculate how much time I'm going to spend exercising for the next 30 days. Then I'll see all you guys over on that thread!!!

Right.....???
Old 04-01-2003, 09:44 AM   #6  

Well, gals, I went to a fight last night and a hockey game broke out. It was pretty cool, I was with a group in the executive suite. There were too many beers and all kinds of "game" food kept warm in silver chafing dishes, though. And brownies shaped like hockey pucks with the team emblem on a white chocolate medallion on top.

So am I an April fool? I hope so!! My DH is at the gym this morning, he's been motivated by our houseguest - an old friend who has been working out and doing a BFL sort of thing and has lost 35 lbs. He looks great. Now mind you, DH does not need to lose any weight, but Mr. "my gym is the great outdoors" hasn't been running much since he started school in the fall of '01. So that's cool because we could go to the gym together, just need to get started... and maybe pumping a little iron with his buddy will get him in the mindset and we can do it together.

Meanwhile, I woke up early for breakfast and I'm drinking my water... Thinking about summer when I won't want to be wearing these sweaters.

Ciao for now!
Old 04-01-2003, 10:01 AM   #7  

Default Hello Girlies!

I am so very happy that our Ya Ya Sisters are getting back to Normal.....if you can call any of us NORMAL!

Jello, glad that you posted on the exercise thread and that's about where I started. Now you're comitted and you have to finish!

Okay all this talk about Atkins, well I've been doing a version of it for about 2-3 weeks and it is working. Altho, I still have trouble eating the fat, well not trouble, but having had low fat drilled into my head for so long it's hard to feel good about eating it. So I eat lean, baked, grilled or boiled protein and any carbs are whole grain, no sugar or very low carb veggies. It's got the scale moving downward but not quickly, (my fat has been with me for so long it wants to stay). I have found some really good recipes and that has been the reason for my success so far.

Got my hubby with the April Fool joke this morning, he was half way to work and I called and said that my car wouldn't start and he would have to come back. heehee Well, I had to prepare him for his office buddies, cause they were sure to get him if I hadn't.

I'm way too busy to be here chatting so I've got to run. Have a terrific day.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:01 AM   #8  

Tigerlily - Yes, the first 4 days I did the plan to the letter. I can honestly say that it has helped me cut out the white junk for the most part. I simply want more variety of veggies and I crave fruit. Don't know how many carbs I'm eating but it has to be better than before considering I was eating cinnamon rolls for breakfast, etc. etc.

SEMO - Is it the same for you? I do like the bars and since I bought several boxes of them I am still using them as meal replacements or when I crave something sweet.

Gotta, talk to you ladies later.

LJ
Old 04-01-2003, 03:50 PM   #9  
DNW

Hi All:

Glad to see veryone at the new thread. I am trying for several small meals per day on the advice of a friend of my husband's who a "gym rat". Rich is going to sort of help me train to get back into the weight lifting mode and work up a meal plan for me that works. Right now I have a general idea, but he will define it further since he, as a lifetime weight lifter knows how to eat to burn the fat, it's not so complicated...but it is going to be very hard to eat 5-6 small meals a day, but he swear it keeps your metabolism furnace cooking therefore helping you to lose faster and more. It is much like Body for Life.

I am glad we are all getting back to basics....the winter was hard on all of us...let's make our Spring Loss goal reasonable and doable...that's what I am trying for.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:05 PM   #10  
Long Lost Chickie

I'm almost done. I may actually get out of here on time tonight. Then it's down to Delaware Park where I can stay as late as I want because ...

... I HAVE OFF TOMORROW!!!! Just 'cuz!

Hope you all have a great day! I shall miss you. Behave and ... oh the heck with it. Don't bother to behave. That's no fun at all, is it?

Talk to you all on Thursday.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:31 AM   #11  

Jello - Yipee! Enjoy your day off! I can't believe it's April already and you're still having snow. Is this normal?

Brighterdays - Congratulations! 14 #'s is fantastic, I bet you'll be at goal in no time.

DNW - The winter was definately hard for me but I'm feeling good now even though it's been a little chilly here. My main goal for April is to lose the 4-5 #'s I've put on the last few months.

Cafe - Sounds like the hockey game was fun and I know you didn't drink any of those beers!

Tigerlily - So what did that article say exactly? Hey, don't feel lonesome I swear I think I've fallen for every new diet out there. Even now when I know that the only thing that's going to work for me is moderation I fall for it. Anyway like I said it did help me get a jump start of sorts.

SEMO - Normal? Me? Never!

So I went to the store yesterday, was craving strawberries big time and wouldn't you know it........they were dark and rotting. I wonder seriously if they think people are going to buy those things just because they have them on sale. Geez! I ended up buying a pineapple and some bananas, what a dissapointment. Oh well, my sister tells me there are places not too far out of the city where you can go and pick your own! I'm going to try to go this weekend.

Sometimes I wish I'd been better during the winter because I have 4 pairs of shorts in a size 14 that I can't wear. I probably need to lose another 30 #'s to get them on, maybe by the end of summer I can wear them. Then again our weather stays warm enough that you can almost wear shorts year round.

Have a good day ladies............

Lajuna
Old 04-02-2003, 08:52 AM   #12  

Hi All! Sun is shine'n, windows open already this morning.
I have an eye doc appt today, but think I'm going to cancel. It's just too nice out and suppose to rain tomorrow.

Huntress, the Vogue article wasn't that great. The authur actually tried Atkins for 7wks and lost some weight. He did talk about why it works and that opened my eyes a little.
I haven't read about the other diets yet. I only read while I'm wait'n in the pick-up line for kindergarten.

Gonna get busy. My parents might stop over this evening. Need to get my curtains hung back up and find my DS's bedroom floor. I know it's under there somewhere.

Old 04-02-2003, 09:28 AM   #13  
I'm back again

Hi all,

Just stopping by to read and will be back later. Happy spring!

"Bright"
Old 04-02-2003, 09:51 AM   #14  

Hey, gals!

Well my happy houseguest goes home tomorrow morning! Not saying any more!

Huntress - who are you kidding... me? Beers?? OK, well at least I stuck to Amstel Light. (not bad and lowish carbs - though not low like that new Mic Ultra they're advertising.) Strawberry pickn' sounds divine! It's 40's, cloudy and windy here today. I sort of like a little bluster in the weather like that.

Tiger - I like this reading programme of yours - you do the research, we benefit! BTW, I don't think you're a sucker.

Jello - Enjoy your day off!

SEMO - I like the sound of this low-carbish thing. I know it is something that has worked for me in the past too... Just have to have the right stuff with you.

DNW- "the gym rat diet" LOL! I like the sound of that.

Bright- I think I missed a post of yours - I'll have to check the other thread. But congrats on your losses!

Quilter...

And Dyan, Tiffany, Kayla, anyone who may be lurking... Come on in!
Old 04-03-2003, 06:21 AM   #15  

Hi Girls!
I tell ya, nothing like having company to get my in gear cleaning. I need to have company more often. (no houseguest tho) You'd think since I stay at home, the house would always be clean. Quite the opposite....cuz the evil mess makers are home too!

It was rough seeing the parents. My Mom's eyes look terrible. I imagine she's doing a lot of crying and little sleep. My Dad, although hairless, didn't look as bad as I'd feared. He's still holding strong, the doctors say he's doing great.

Jello, how was your well earned day off? Lots of warm weather exercise?

I have some yard work planned for today...before . Bend, lift, rake, keep that body move'n.....
Closed Thread