Old 07-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/155/140

Height: 5'3"

Default What's your 4th of July Game plan???

I'm invited to a lunchtime party and bbq where the host said bring whatever you want to grill and we have the rest covered.....SO

I'm thinking I'll have my morning shake, then bring some kabobs with marinated chicken and bell peppers and portobello mushrooms. Going to bring a pina colada shake for the afternoon snack so I dont feel totally withdrawn from the fun and "pretend" its real. Then just a protein pack and salad that evening for dinner. And bringing a big ole jug of high quality H20 (quoting water boy).

Anyone else have some good strategies?!?
ChunkyMonkey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #2  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Putting a turkey on the grill and having people bring a dish to pass. This way the only food that will be in my house at the end of the day is the turkey! Plus I will do up a huge veggie tray.
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/241/170

Height: 5'9"

well i have to work all day, so nothing different
lizmeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #4  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

My strategy is to stay home, lol.
I do have a work friend having a cookout tonight (July 3). She said she'd have "naked burgers" and "naked chicken" (in my words!) on the grill, and that there would be veggies, but I'm half tempted NOT to go, she lives 40 minutes drive away, and DH is working, so I really want to just hang out at home and read/scrapbook/knit. Wow, I sound really boring...

OP - your strategies sound GREAT! Nice you can bring your own healthy kebabs for grilling.
momof2greatcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/156/150

Height: 5' 5"

We will be home for dinner and grilling up some chicken and asparagus! Maybe hot dogs for the kids.... I'll miss the fruit on the 4th, but it'll be there next year on the 4th!
J bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #6  

We are throwing ribs and chicken on the grill and I have a ton of veggies already chopped up and ready to go, dessert is peach crumble because I don't like it!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #7  
ReStarted IP 26 June 2012

S/C/G: 199.8/See ticker/135

Height: 5'3.5"

Oh this is going to be tricky. DH and I have finally been invited to DS's fiance's parents house for BBQ. They've been together for 3 years. So yeah, what do I do? I'm sure they're going to have lots of rich foods to snack on. I think I'll probably have to follow ChunkyMonkey33's plan and take some IP legal kabobs, and make sure I'm all proteined and watered up before we go.
cskristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #8  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm going to a BBQ. She's grilling chicken and beef and making veggie kabobs. I'm going to bring a few kebabs of my own. I'm off to the store to buy some brussel sprouts and portebello mushrooms. Sounds like that would be fun to grill... I've never grilled those before.

Have a happy 4th everyone, whatever you do!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

I have to work all day, so it will just be another day. That said, it is my last day before vacation which will last 2 1/2 weeks!!! I'm so excited. Will be following somewhat following IP and yet still enjoying vacation. Hoping to not gain any weight--I feel like it is an opportunity to test out my new skills that will have to see me through the rest of my thin life.
GonnaB50NFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #10  
Healthy Living :)

S/C/G: 235/*see ticker*/155

Height: 5'5

Hi,

Having my parents over to my house for a cookout... DH went grocery shopping today & the menu is as follows;

Grilled Chicken & Turkey Kielbasa

Potato foil packets (roasted veggies for me )

Salad w/ homemade IP friendly dressing

Water & Propel zero for me..... Alcohol for everyone else (funny, I don't miss alcohol AT ALL!!)

I am making a cake for everyone else, but me, to enjoy!!!

Have a Happy & Safe Fourth of July
Ravenswood2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #11  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Today we're just staying at home, this past weekend was.nothing but parties.

First of I told myself there's no option but to be OP.

I brought out a huge pitcher of water and kept refilling my wine glass, something about holding the glass. I just sat there drinking my water as wvwry one around me had chips, guacamole, cheese.... (I swear if we could have avacado I would have one every day!)?

At the graduation party, I knew that there would be hamburgers, so I brought an aisen broccoli salad so I knew there was something I could eat. I had a couple of celery sticks. My aunt came over to me with crackers and cream cheese with chutney, I said "no thank you", she asked if I didn't eat anymore, I said "yes, just not certain things".

Sunday again at my house, I just did the same thing with the water, and just st there while they ate appy's and dessert.

This is why I like this program, black and white - on WW I would have gone off the,diet and would have had everything and would have just said "oh well".
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Default The day after holiday

My game plan was to stick 100% OP. I brought my own food to share, veggies and meat to my friends house. Then I saw the potato salad and it was calling my name. I gave in but only had a table spoon and felt satisfied, had a nibble of home baked bread and 2 tbls of vanilla ice cream. To tell you the truth it didn't affect me the same as in the past, the nibbles were enough which never would have been the case before IP. So I cheated but I don't feel bad about it. Moving on and doing well the day after the holiday. Hope everyone had a good holiday and if you fell of the wagon, dust yourself off and keep going
enr20707 is offline   Reply With Quote