Old 07-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #1  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

Default Phase 1 Day 1 Question...help needed...Thank you!

Hi All!
Well, today is day 1 of phase 1!
I have read everything I can find...bought supplies and ready to begin this morning.

I will be using IP's natura vitamins, cal-mag and potassium supplements.
EAS Low carb zero sugars shakes pre-made in the containers.

Problem/confusion is I have several sheets I printed, and 1 sheet is "not allowed on Phase 1 & 2...and clearly says NO EGGS (or whites).
another sheet with IP logo dated 2/7/11 says 2 whole eggs allowed daily phase 1 and 5-8oz meat,chicken etc daily...and yet another sheet given by a friend makes no mention of eggs at all and meat weights are yet different still. Veggie list differs slightly on my sheets also, so confused!

Where can I get a phase 1 sheet, current for 2012 to "unscramble" all these discrepancies? I cannot find it in the stickies.

I 55 years old, 308 pounds (need to be 240)...as below that weight I look too thin. I am built like a football player and extremely dense and heavy skeletal boned.

I am doing this on my own, with my doc's permission but doing it through IP.

I was planning on using the 8oz of meat for dinner...is ok?
2 Eggs in place of 1 shake: yes or no?

Anyone have a proper and 2012 current phase 1 sheet?

Thanks all...appreciate the help!
Jake
mammoth357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #2  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth357 View Post
Hi All!
Well, today is day 1 of phase 1!
I have read everything I can find...bought supplies and ready to begin this morning.

I will be using IP's natura vitamins, cal-mag and potassium supplements.
EAS Low carb zero sugars shakes pre-made in the containers.

Problem/confusion is I have several sheets I printed, and 1 sheet is "not allowed on Phase 1 & 2...and clearly says NO EGGS (or whites).
another sheet with IP logo dated 2/7/11 says 2 whole eggs allowed daily phase 1 and 5-8oz meat,chicken etc daily...and yet another sheet given by a friend makes no mention of eggs at all and meat weights are yet different still. Veggie list differs slightly on my sheets also, so confused!

Where can I get a phase 1 sheet, current for 2012 to "unscramble" all these discrepancies? I cannot find it in the stickies.

I 55 years old, 308 pounds (need to be 240)...as below that weight I look too thin. I am built like a football player and extremely dense and heavy skeletal boned.

I am doing this on my own, with my doc's permission but doing it through IP.

I was planning on using the 8oz of meat for dinner...is ok?
2 Eggs in place of 1 shake: yes or no?

Anyone have a proper and 2012 current phase 1 sheet?

Thanks all...appreciate the help!
Jake
Your dinner should be 8 oz of protein. The eggs can be counted toward your protein. I think the current guideline is 2 eggs plus 3 egg for the protein. Check the stickies @ the top of the page for the most recent Phase 1 sheet.

The eggs are not a substitute for a packet, but you can use an egg white or two to supplement your packets. I rarely do this, so I'm not sure how many are allowed in a day. I'm sure someone else will chime in.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #3  
Dieting Since Birth!

Thanks! I just finally found a sheet dated 05/02/12..
Dinner: Protein: Poultry: lists: "(skinless) chicken, fowl,quails,turkey, 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites, wild birds".

So in place of meat for dinner I can substitute 2 whole eggs AND 2 egg whites?

If so, I can see a dinner omelet there!
Anyone?
Thanks kindly!
Jake
PS: Yes, I am sitting here drinking water!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #4  
Dieting Since Birth!

Error in my first post:
I am NOT doing this through IP and have no coach.
Jake
Old 07-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #5  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Thanks! I just finally found a sheet dated 05/02/12..
Dinner: Protein: Poultry: lists: "(skinless) chicken, fowl,quails,turkey, 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites, wild birds".

So in place of meat for dinner I can substitute 2 whole eggs AND 2 egg whites?

If so, I can see a dinner omelet there!
Anyone?
Thanks kindly!
Jake
PS: Yes, I am sitting here drinking water!
Yes, you can select those for you dinner time protein.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Additionally, you can divide your 8 oz. of protein between lunch and dinner, (many of us do).
MaMaZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #7  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Just fyi, if you find you want to try out some of the IP packets you can order them through The Protein Shop at shopforprotein.com - they have supplements cheaper than my clinic, $27/box of 7 packets, $4/packets (if you want to sample), free (& fast) shipping in the US. There is also an Alternatives Thread on here if you want to research other options (not as expensive).

It can get pretty boring JUST doing the EAS Carb Control shakes (I've used them in a pinch before, not bad though). So if you find you need some variety - the products are there. If you do this with an open mind and become creative this "diet" really is delicious. There are several Recipe threads and Packet Hacks, it can be overwhelming at first - there is also a daily "What are you eating today" thread you may want to check out to see what other folks have on their menu and get ideas. It's a good way to dip your toes in, there is a LOT of information and support here - several folks are going it solo. Any questions - always post up in the Daily Chat thread as you will get the most eyes on it - and will not only get an answer, but someone else with the same question will learn too!

Last edited by LizRR; 07-03-2012 at 11:29 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #8  
Dieting Since Birth!

Wow, THANKS ALL! Super info and I can't tell you how I appreciate the support! I am very determined...and I am a very good cook, with the herbs, spices, etc...some would call me a "gourmet"...so I am feeling good about being creative and formulating menu ideas using what is allowed!

I will be sure to check out shopforprotein website Liz, Thanks so much!

I do notice I have a pretty good head-buzz from the IP Natura vitamins already...or maybe its the lack of usual food! Already have 45 ounces of water in and its early afternoon...so getting plenty of that!

Thanks again...you are all the BEST!
Jake
Old 07-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/145/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Wow, THANKS ALL! Super info and I can't tell you how I appreciate the support! I am very determined...and I am a very good cook, with the herbs, spices, etc...some would call me a "gourmet"...so I am feeling good about being creative and formulating menu ideas using what is allowed!

I will be sure to check out shopforprotein website Liz, Thanks so much!

I do notice I have a pretty good head-buzz from the IP Natura vitamins already...or maybe its the lack of usual food! Already have 45 ounces of water in and its early afternoon...so getting plenty of that!

Thanks again...you are all the BEST!
Jake
Hi Jake,
I just placed an order with http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...FYsaQgodb30ZcA

I have compaired most of the IP boxes I have at home and they are almost an exact product match, but they are $11.00 a box of 7 vrs $32.00 a box at my IP clinic. FYI...the vitamins are nothing special, if you are trying to save money they are really over priced and get the same at Costco. Good Luck!!!
sweetsloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #10  
Dieting Since Birth!

Hi Sweetsloan...just checked out the link...I am confused. I checked many products on that page and almost all have sugar listed...4g-7g each on most. The instruction sheet from IP says no sugar allowed. Now I also notice that the Ip bars etc also have sugarm but again they say NO sugar allowed?
The EAS shakes I am using are zero sugar and thats why I chose them, as well as price,....I pay only $4.74 a box of 4 at walmart.
I am not planning on any other foods...no oatmeal,cereal, veggie chili etc...skipping all that and sticking with the program as written on the sheets I have. 3 shakes a day, 4 cups proper veggies, 8oz proper meat, salad, no sugars at all...thats it. Hoping for the best,fastest results....
Best wishes:
Jake
Old 07-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #11  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

There should be no confusion if you follow the IP protocol. It is pretty simple, just choose 3 of their products each day, only 1 of which can be a restricted product (you don't have to have restricteds, they are the bars, puffs, etc that have a few more calories/carbs), combined with 4 cups of Select veggies, and 8 oz meat. They have done all of the thinking for you to keep you in ketosis. And to clarify it is no added sugars/carbs/fat ('0/0/0' products) products in addition to the foods you eat (walden farms, splenda/stevia, Miracle noodles, etc). Don't make yourself crazy going through each ingredient, this program works!

If you go using alternative products then a bit more analysis is needed to find comparable products, but others have done that too (EAS shakes being a good one, affordable too!).

Here is the link to the latest Phase 1 sheet from 5/2012:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4360561-post11.html

Not knowing how long you will be planning on IP, but for the long haul if you feel you need the options, they are there for you - along with a wealth of recipes.Two ways I have used the shakes are in a spinach smoothie and as ice cream!

And FYI, I know some of the guys were given the okay to have 4-5 packets a day, especially the first week, to get you through that ketosis breakthrough. The first few days are the HARDEST, but just push through and it gets better! And FYI, you guys lose like rock stars, so I expect you will be reporting stellar weigh ins in no time.

We have a great group of guys here if y'all want to talk about more than hormones and stuff! Here is the 'men on ip' thread, bumping up for you too:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...men-ip-15.html

Be sure to try and follow through with the 4 phases as well, they are designed to graduate you out of the program to 'normal eating' and calories with minimal carb monster cravings. This first strict Phase 1 is until 100% of your goal weight, then phase 2 for 2 weeks (replace an IP packet with a protein) to get your body adjusted to more calories, then phase 3 for 2 weeks (reintroduce carbs/healthy fat to replace glycogen stores), then phase 4 is maintenance. The idea being so your body doesn't jump straight from famine to storing feast, and gradually restarting your pancreas for a smooth insulin response (and not the huge swings responsible for the binges/cravings that got us here to begin with).

Last edited by LizRR; 07-04-2012 at 09:18 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #12  
Dieting Since Birth!

Hi Liz...THANK YOU so much for your kind input! It is appreciated!

I used to be an Atkins advisor...and of course had to learn and know a great deal about ketosis. I was on Atkins induction and lost 100 pounds. Then I stalled for months with no weight loss at all...which is why I switched over to this program.

I started yesterday...I was already in ketosis from atkins induction...so not too bad a day except MANY less calories which of course I did get the expected headache. I am hopeful for this plan, as I can continue ketosis but also maintain low caloric intake and feel that is what will get me going again.

I started at 308 pounds...of course I used to be quite larger. My pic on the Harley is recent. My weight goal is 240 and no smaller (I look "ill" under 240) so 68 pounds to go. I WILL stay on this plan until I reach that goal.

Having vast experience with ketosis and my own body, for "me" if I have any sugars at all, it knocks me out of ketosis. So in my case, its "no sugars" at all...and that includes not in anything...even tomatoes will knock me out of ketosis. Obviously we all have to find and learn, our own constitution and what will maximize our weight loss. I am a very driven and determined person, so I know I can stick to this plan in such a way as to get the very most it has to offer.

Yes, I will follow all 4 phases, and thank you for that advice!

when I got married 20 years ago I was 225 pounds...and everyone thought I was way too thin and many asked if I was ill...haha....I also checked and had a bone density scan done and was told my bones are at the very top of the scale in density and therefore weight so they said keep it at 240 pounds. I am also very heavily muscled and used to play football and did boxing.

I am using the IP nutrients/supplements....the daily vitamins, cal/mag, and potassium. And I will be getting at least 96 ounces water a day...so got that covered.

This forum and the vast amount of knowledge in the database was extremely helpful and I "lurked" here for some time, gathering info, tips, ideas, recipes, etc and printed a folders-worth! I did advance shopping and when I began yesterday I was pretty well armed!

Hungry? Yes, of course...I am large mammal after all! Ketosis helps certainly, but at no point do I expect to be "satisfied and full" from under 1000 calories a day...and I am a devoted carnivore which makes it yet harder!

But when all is said and done, I will persevere, because I "want to & need to"...and it is "time"...and I have already come a very long way.

I often wonder how I let this ever happen to me to begin with...but have resolved myself to the past being just that, the past. Today is a new day and there is only forward to go!

Thanks so much and Happy 4th to you down in Texas! Congrat's on your success and you look awesome!
Best wishes
Jake
Old 07-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #13  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

You have enough coaches on this site, you don't need one in person....lol...Sounds like you are in it until the end which is great. It takes the commitment and determination to have success so sticm to the protocol and you will do amazing. Good luck!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #14  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Don't forget to look at Finnsteven's recipes in the stickies and he also has recipes on an Ideal Protein site on Facebook. Lots of great ones!

You have a great attitude so you will be successful.
Hockeymom40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #15  
Dieting Since Birth!

Thanks ladies! You are so helpful...just the best!
Yes, I am in it till goal is reached!
I will be sure to check out those recipes too...Thanks again!
Have a lovely day!
Jake