Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 07/03/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 07/03/12

rissimo
07-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

dizzyjean
07-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Well, the good news is that I was able get more IP packets at another clinic that had power, but the bad news is that I got food poisoning or flu, and am a sick chicky trying to decide if I can ride 10 hours in the car today. We aren't due to leave until 1:00, so I have more time to recoop. ARG!!!!

SewingMomma
07-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Good Morning everyone!!! DizzyJean--I'm happy you found another clinic to buy your food from. I also hope you feel better before leaving on your trip!

shathom
07-03-2012, 09:10 AM
DizzyJean, feel better soon :hug: It is a ghost town at work today, guess lots of folks are going out of town for the holiday. I like to stay close to home and vedge :^:

Have a great day everyone!

jwdesselle
07-03-2012, 09:30 AM
I sure hope everyone struck by the bad weather and the fires are doing ok.

The place I go to get weighed is closed tomorrow for 4th of July. I'm scheduled to go in next week for my WI. I'm thinking I'm going to call them today and try to get in. If not for WI, to at least trade in the box of regular Omelet I got and ask for the herb omelet box (if they have it) I wish they would let me go in the area where they store those and just let me browse, like in a store. Also, I'm going to ask if they sell the stuff by the packet. I don't want to buy another entire box and either not like it, or not be able to prepare it properly. I have yet to make a chocolate pancake correctly. Usually comes out as a lump of chocolate messed pudding. YUCK

reneepw
07-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Well, the good news is that I was able get more IP packets at another clinic that had power, but the bad news is that I got food poisoning or flu, and am a sick chicky trying to decide if I can ride 10 hours in the car today. We aren't due to leave until 1:00, so I have more time to recoop. ARG!!!!

Hope you feel better soon! Nothing worse than traveling while sick :(

The place I go to get weighed is closed tomorrow for 4th of July. I'm scheduled to go in next week for my WI. I'm thinking I'm going to call them today and try to get in. If not for WI, to at least trade in the box of regular Omelet I got and ask for the herb omelet box (if they have it) I wish they would let me go in the area where they store those and just let me browse, like in a store. Also, I'm going to ask if they sell the stuff by the packet. I don't want to buy another entire box and either not like it, or not be able to prepare it properly. I have yet to make a chocolate pancake correctly. Usually comes out as a lump of chocolate messed pudding. YUCK

My coach does that - they open the closet door and say "shop" :) They also just charge me a monthly fee and i can choose 12 boxes a month plus the supplements. They've said they will let me take back stuff I don't like but so far I haven't done that. The omelettes are ok - but i always doctor mine up with peppers and kale or spinach. Makes it very filling.

locopollo
07-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Day 4. My scale says I'm down 4 pounds. :) I wish that meant I'd be down 20 pounds in 20 days. :) I am going to have to talk myself into putting the scales into the garage after my first WI on Friday. I don't want to drive myself nuts when the scale isn't moving this quickly. But I am sure enjoying watching it this week!

Plus, I am enjoying not working out. It's nice to have a break and to sleep late. I do miss lifting though and I'm looking forward to adding exercise back in about 10 days. They said they'd add another meal for that, and I think the RTD's will work great.

I know there was something I was going to say here that wasn't about me. :?:

Happy July 3! Feel better DizzyJean!

SewingMomma
07-03-2012, 09:53 AM

The chocolate pancake works best if you make the chocolate muffin listed on the packet. I could never get the pancake to work.

salmongirl
07-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Good morning fellow IPers! It really is good to be home! We have a big celebration here called, wait for it....Salmon River Days! I know, very original. It is fun and the whole community participates. We have a parade down Main Street, western shoot outs, a really fun rodeo type event and a demolition derby! I love the 4th!
I hope everyone has a great week, stay 100% OP and have some fun!

IPdivajen
07-03-2012, 09:56 AM
dizzyjean, hope you feel better soon!

We're very lucky where we are - we can buy 'mixed boxes' so we get lots of variety. Can't buy individual packets but we can choose any combination of seven packets and pay the $27 box fee. Makes life a lot easier.

Hope everyone has a great day! WI tonight for me and yet again I'm nervous. I used to get so excited, now that things have stalled it's all about the nerves. :( I'm thinking it has to be all the extra iron I've been taking lately. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Anyway, enough about me. Happy Tuesday all!

foxxybrown
07-03-2012, 10:01 AM

I'm hoping you are feeling better soon, dizzyjean.

Today, I'm in a BLAH mood. I feel down. Feel tired. I weighed myself yesterday a bit early and saw I lost 3 pounds...yet, I still feel like blah and I guess unfulfilled. I just want to go back to bed. I don't think reading articles about how dangerous it is to lose more than 1-2 pounds of weight per week really helped me today. I just feel really down right now. Don't know what to do.

usmcvet
07-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Dizzy I hope you feel better soon.

On vacation this week missed everyone yesterday. I hope you all had a great day.

My brother I law is doing the paleo diet so we were both in the kitchen checking out the steak tips and chicken breasts they were all in a marinade so we looked at the bid Tupperware salad bowl and we were bummed out when it was a delicious looking Pasta Freaking Salad! So we went shopping for IP/Paleo food. We had fun and stuck to our plans which were pretty compatible.

I tried Salmon for the first time in years. I think I'd only had it smoked before. It was awesom on the grill. I made a huge salad and Mikr grilled chicken breast, pork loin and salmon.

NOVAScents
07-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Goooooddd morning everyone!

Starting my detox today! Also just did an impromptu BBQ for tonight... we'll see if anyone comes, but we are opening our house ;)

I'm baking up some buffalo wings for dinner tonight- can't wait!

usmcvet
07-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Good morning fellow IPers! It really is good to be home! We have a big celebration here called, wait for it....Salmon River Days! I know, very original. It is fun and the whole community participates. We have a parade down Main Street, western shoot outs, a really fun rodeo type event and a demolition derby! I love the 4th!

I just wanted to remind you that I love your smile.

julied31
07-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Hello everyone - I hope today is a better day for me OP. Yesterday I was just so hungry. Probably part of the problem is that I didn't have any veggies. I'm going to the store at lunch to stock up. I was up one pound this morning, but I'm not too worried about it. I always seem to go up a pound or so before losing more. I'm just so close to onederland!!!

Even though we're not doing anything for the 4th tomorrow, I'm anxious to sleep in and just hang out at home.

aimeed3
07-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Morning everyone!! Hope everyone is doing well and staying hydrated in this crazy weather. Yesterday as I was leaving work, we had black clouds and I could see lightening in the distance. I did get a picture but I have no clue how to post it here. It came out pretty good. First rain in weeks.

SO! Today is my first WI. I am so very excited. I know I've lost something b/c I can feel it in my fingers, so hopefully tonight I'll be posting a bunch of dancing carrots hehe.

What kind of scale do you guys weigh on at the clinic (to those of you who go)? I weigh on one of those that you have to slide the bars. I hate those kind. I would much rather a digital where I could count tenths also. My scale at home is digital.

Well, back to work for me, once I go through the threads here, hehe.

Everyone, its not a choice,(it's because I said so) have a wonderful 100% OP day!!! :)

reneepw
07-03-2012, 10:36 AM

that sounds like fun! I'm close to Philly and we have fireworks everywhere. Years ago (with an old BF) we'd go to the water front where both Philly and Camden shot them to music. It's fun. This year we are just hanging at home.

Morning everyone!! Hope everyone is doing well and staying hydrated in this crazy weather. Yesterday as I was leaving work, we had black clouds and I could see lightening in the distance. I did get a picture but I have no clue how to post it here. It came out pretty good. First rain in weeks.

SO! Today is my first WI. I am so very excited. I know I've lost something b/c I can feel it in my fingers, so hopefully tonight I'll be posting a bunch of dancing carrots hehe.

What kind of scale do you guys weigh on at the clinic (to those of you who go)? I weigh on one of those that you have to slide the bars. I hate those kind. I would much rather a digital where I could count tenths also. My scale at home is digital.

Everyone, its not a choice,(it's because I said so) have a wonderful 100% OP day!!! :)

Good luck today! My coach uses digital. i wish they also measured body fat and some of the other cool stuff I read about here. But totally agree - that tenth makes a difference! and yes m'am! no choice..100% OP day cause you said so! :)

Hello everyone - I hope today is a better day for me OP. Yesterday I was just so hungry. Probably part of the problem is that I didn't have any veggies. I'm going to the store at lunch to stock up. I was up one pound this morning, but I'm not too worried about it. I always seem to go up a pound or so before losing more. I'm just so close to onederland!!!

Even though we're not doing anything for the 4th tomorrow, I'm anxious to sleep in and just hang out at home.

I get stuck in that rut sometimes as well. Picking fresh zucchini saves me right now from having to run to the store all the time. Glad you are staying strong. you will be in onderland before you know it!

Dizzy I hope you feel better soon.

On vacation this week missed everyone yesterday. I hope you all had a great day.

My brother I law is doing the paleo diet so we were both in the kitchen checking out the steak tips and chicken breasts they were all in a marinade so we looked at the bid Tupperware salad bowl and we were bummed out when it was a delicious looking Pasta Freaking Salad! So we went shopping for IP/Paleo food. We had fun and stuck to our plans which were pretty compatible.

I tried Salmon for the first time in years. I think I'd only had it smoked before. It was awesom on the grill. I made a huge salad and Mikr grilled chicken breast, pork loin and salmon.

Awesome job staying strong!

Sassyc1979
07-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Good morning everyone!

What a wonderful day! I took the day off so I have two days off in a row for the first time in a long time!! Soooo happy and relaxed!! I'm a massage therapist so my hands are enjoying the break. Trying to not walk through the kitchen too much to avoid the urge to munch. Really starting to realize how much I used to eat out of boredom and not necessarily hunger. I like how restricted IP is so I don't have a choice when it comes to cheating. Going to fireworks tonight at the golf club. Taking lots of pictures so I can scrapbook it later, my latest obsession.

For those of you who live near Austin try genghis grill. You pick all you own ingredients so you control what you eat.

Hope those who have a WI today have a great one!

MiamiCajun
07-03-2012, 11:29 AM

Hope you are feeling better DizzyJean!

For those who are WI today, hope you have a great one!

Iím a little confused today. Iím still new to figuring out this forum style and rules. If I have a question, and I see an already posted thread touched on the subject but doesnít fully answer my question.... is it better to ask the question on the same thread or start a new one?

I hate looking through a million threads to find my subject, but I'd rather just keep an old one going rather than post another thread on same subject. Problem is, when I do that, it seems like the focus stays on the original question rather than the new question that bumped the thread. Which is fine, because I did learn all new things and my question was answered. But if in the future I need a little more guidance what do I do? Start a new thread on already existing topic? Thanks for your input!

Tigerlvr52
07-03-2012, 11:32 AM
So Yesterday was day one of week 6 and I finally am trying some of the restricted foods. My coach didn't want me to use any restricted for the first 5 weeks as I am a serious carb addict. I also am giving up the bits of crystal light and switching to mio but doing it in servings. Went shopping yesterday and got some stevia for my rhubarb. I made a rhubarb chocolate pudding that was amazing. :)

Lynnie63
07-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Guess I better buy some new jeans! These are falling off of me as I walk!

Tigerlvr52
07-03-2012, 11:35 AM

Oh salmon is a staple in my house. I believe I had it 4 times last week.... so yummy. Especially if you can get Pacific or Alaskan salmon. A little EVOO and some Cajun Seasoning and Garlic.... Tasty..

britne1
07-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Morning Everyone!!! Have a great & OP 4th!!!

MrsPookie
07-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Good Morning Everyone

I'm at work and I forgot my breakfast:(......sheesh what a dummie I am.
Looks like I will be drinking lots of water and coffee until lunch time.

Has anyone else done that? Does it affect the weight loss that much.

Thanks
Sharon

CarCamMom
07-03-2012, 11:57 AM

This made me laugh! I'm still on week 1 and tried making the crepe last night....What a mess! It came out as a huge glop of goo....I ate it anyway! :dizzy: And it actually wasn't as bad as it looked. I still had to laugh at it though!

jebaughman
07-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Good morning IPers. Getting ready to go to WI. Could someone please send the Woosh Fairy my way?
Judy

mightbe
07-03-2012, 12:04 PM
I had my first weigh in this morning and I am down 8 pounds!! :carrot:

jebaughman
07-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Car Cam Mom- I have found that the trick to making the crepes is that you have to wait until they form bubbles all over and the bubbles pop and leave tunnels through the crepe. Then turn them. I add the max of water on the envelope and they turn out thin but nice. Use WF blueberry or raspberry to for filling and wrap like a tortilla. Very good.

locastella
07-03-2012, 12:07 PM
This is my first post, I have been reading this forum for a week now. Not sure if it is the IP that is working or all the positive energy floating around here. :) I had my first weigh in on Saturday and was pretty thrilled to have lost 6.6 lbs and 5 inches. I was pretty skeptical to start but the success of a friend made me give it a whirl. I am hoping to loose about 80 lbs.

Sassyc1979
07-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Good morning IPers. Getting ready to go to WI. Could someone please send the Woosh Fairy my way?
Judy

Good luck! :cheer:

swimcoachmomma
07-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Good morning all. Hope u all are having a great 4th holiday and that our friends to the north are recuperating nicely from Canada day.

I am on day 7 of reboot. Was almost 165, so needed to do something. Unofficial ly this am I am 160.4. Wahoo. Have not been in the 150s for well over 20 yrs. may make it to goal at 150. At least want to give myself a few pound buffer before phasing out again.

Hot and dry here. Much of the state is burning. The fourth is a huge deal here, with gazillions of locals and tourists. We participate some yrs, but only when it isn't so bloody hot!!!! Our tradition is to do the parade then go to the mountains for a snowball fight!! For now just enjoying a day off, playing with the new puppy, and trying to figure out how to raise 3 wild bunnies that were orphaned by our older dogs.

mlucas
07-03-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm extremly upset, so if i upset or offend anyone, my deepest apologies.

I have been dealing with LIFE. Everyone does and we all have our ups and downs and throught it all i am just holding on by a thread. My hormones are all over the place and my weight is too. I feel all i have is this diet, and even though i let it down and myself. I have been dealing with death, addictions, family falling apart, hating my job, home sick, cars breaking down, money, planning a wedding and now... my health. I have passed out a few times in the last few months. 2 nights ago was probably the worst of them all, and i'm so lucky that my fiance was there. Yes were were baking cookies again (and i say go hard or go home.. thats just me.. we go hard LOL) We were done and he gets into the shower, and i am to follow. But i'm not feeling right so i sit down on the toilet, i call to him letting him know that i think i'm going to passout and all i remember is coming too with him holding my face and then me getting sick. Everything else is a blur. The next day, yesterday i come into work and my head is everywhere. I can't concentrate, i have a massive headache, my thoughts a blurr i cant keep anything straight i would talk and make no sense. So i finally suck it up and go to my boss, and let him know what's going on.. I dont tell him that i passed out after baking cookies.. i tell him i was doing cardio! LOL :carrot: He says to go to the dr. and i take his advice even though i think its nothing, maybe i got up to fast ya know. I go home finish up "50 Shades of Grey" which is amazing! I suggest everyone read it! I'm on book 2 now, and i'm not a reader.
Then go to the dr. She proceeds to think that i'm a crazy person, or now i have diabetes since my mom is a diabetic. I start to cry, i've worked in dialysis for years and I know that 65% of my patients are were diabetics 30% hypertension and the other % was genetics or immune issues. SO i cry, it's the main reason i went on this diet. The last thing in the world i want to be is diabetic. I know deep down in my heart, i am not diabetic. Then she proceeds to tell me, that if my blood work comes back clear, i am to go to a NEUROLOGIST! No remember i wasnt thinking right last night and i havent talked to anyone about this, so i think Neurologist...nerves. NOPE! I come to work today and a lady asks me about my appointment and i tell her and she points to her head... i look at her confussed.. and then she says.. brain! My heart just dropped! My friened just died from an anurisim or how ever you spell it. She went to work one day passed out, and died. In a matter of minuets. Leaving behind my best friend and there 1 year old baby boy after 8 months of marriage. I'm thinking possitive, but i'm holding on by a thread. On top of it all.. she the dr. tells me that it could be my diet, and then proceeds to tell me that after i'm done with the diet, I am just going to gain all the weight back, and that i just need to eat RIGHT and exersice. Umm.. thank you you SKINNY EFIN B'TCH! Thank you! For your got da'n input, thank you for that! I'm sure you understand the effin struggle you simple b'tch! Ugh.. i'm still so p'sd. Now i'm battleing being mad and scared and nervous. I'm an emotional wreck trying to keep it together.
I do have my WI today... I dont even want to go. But i will and i will sit there and look at her chipper skinny azz too and listen to her tell me how fabulous life is.
I have been trying to be positive and glass half full while dealing with all of this, not showing how i really feel, and bordening people with the issues that lie beneth... but yesterday and today.. broke this camel's back.

Sorry to be such a debbie downer.. but i dont know where else to turn. I'm lost. :?:

fredlr
07-03-2012, 12:16 PM

I'm surprised your clinic has that kind of scale. My clinic has a digital scale that will also give you fat %, muscle %, water % etc. That way you know that you're losing fat and not muscle. I get a print-out every weigh-in that tells me what these %s are, and I can see week to week the progress (or lack of) in these areas. This is very helpful to stay on track with more than just the weight number.

Kaypix
07-03-2012, 12:16 PM
the bad news is that I got food poisoning or flu, and am a sick chicky trying to decide if I can ride 10 hours in the car today. We aren't due to leave until 1:00, so I have more time to recoop. ARG!!!!
:getwell:

Day 4. My scale says I'm down 4 pounds. :) I wish that meant I'd be down 20 pounds in 20 days. :) I am going to have to talk myself into putting the scales into the garage after my first WI on Friday. I don't want to drive myself nuts when the scale isn't moving this quickly. But I am sure enjoying watching it this week!!
Yeah the slow weeks can sometimes take the wind out of your sails, just remember it'll always pick back up :)

That sounds like so much fun! I hope you have a blast!

Hope everyone has a great day! WI tonight for me and yet again I'm nervous. I used to get so excited, now that things have stalled it's all about the nerves. :( I'm thinking it has to be all the extra iron I've been taking lately. It's the only thing that makes sense.
:goodscale:

Today, I'm in a BLAH mood. I feel down. Feel tired. I weighed myself yesterday a bit early and saw I lost 3 pounds...yet, I still feel like blah and I guess unfulfilled. I just want to go back to bed. I don't think reading articles about how dangerous it is to lose more than 1-2 pounds of weight per week really helped me today. I just feel really down right now. Don't know what to do.
Foxxy: I'm so sorry you're having an "ugh" type of day :( I know the feeling about the "you should only lose 1-2 lbs / week" but those diets aren't Ketogenic diets that follow that rule. I think of it like this; it doesn't matter how fast I lose it, as long as I slow down enough to hit maintenance. If people can get liposuctioned 10 lbs at a time or whatever, then I can lose 10 lbs in 3-4 weeks without feeling guilty.

My brother In law is doing the paleo diet so we were both in the kitchen checking out the steak tips and chicken breasts they were all in a marinade so we looked at the bid Tupperware salad bowl and we were bummed out when it was a delicious looking Pasta Freaking Salad! So we went shopping for IP/Paleo food. We had fun and stuck to our plans which were pretty compatible.

Salmon is awesome on almost anything! I've skillet cooked it, baked it, grilled it, buttered it, you name it! And it's high in a couple important things, although ask me if I can remember what they are...nope!

I hate looking through a million threads to find my subject, but I'd rather just keep an old one going rather than post another thread on same subject. Problem is, when I do that, it seems like the focus stays on the original question rather than the new question that bumped the thread. Which is fine, because I did learn all new things and my question was answered. But if in the future I need a little more guidance what do I do? Start a new thread on already existing topic? Thanks for your input!
Welcome to the threads. I usually use the "search" recommendations, going to google and typing the question with 3fatchicks in the search line as well and it pulls it up pretty nicely. Wish we had a google search option on the forums (my motorcycle forum has that), but eh, oh well. You can try adding the "Title" in the bumped thread to your post, it'll show up bold and might catch peoples' eye a bit too.

Careful with the coffee, if it's regular (not decaf) you can get super jittery without something in your stomach to counter it a bit. Do you work near somewhere you could get an EAS RTD or something along those lines?

CarCamMom
07-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Car Cam Mom- I have found that the trick to making the crepes is that you have to wait until they form bubbles all over and the bubbles pop and leave tunnels through the crepe. Then turn them. I add the max of water on the envelope and they turn out thin but nice. Use WF blueberry or raspberry to for filling and wrap like a tortilla. Very good.

Thanks! That does sound yummy!! I knew there had to be some trick to it. I will try that next time...that's a restricted one, right? The funny thing is there were some crispy pieces on the sides of the pan after I finished cooking my gloop of goo and, of course, I peeled these off and ate them (please don't judge :))and those little pieces were very good so I know this crepe thing has potential!

wuv2bloved
07-03-2012, 12:19 PM

Iím a little confused today. Iím still new to figuring out this forum style and rules. If I have a question, and I see an already posted thread touched on the subject but doesnít fully answer my question.... is it better to ask the question on the same thread or start a new one?

Ask your question in the Daily, there are a lot of us old timers that read it. There are so many new threads started daily I know myself don't read them because they are so many. I do read a lot though but my suggestion would be to ask it here

Week 61 down another 3lbs!

CarCamMom
07-03-2012, 12:22 PM

Yes, Ma'am! :D Have a great day!

CarCamMom
07-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Ask your question in the Daily, there are a lot of us old timers that read it. There are so many new threads started daily I know myself don't read them because they are so many. I do read a lot though but my suggestion would be to ask it here

Week 61 down another 3lbs!

AWESOME WI! I was watching some of your videos on utube....Congrats on the new job....I was wondering why IP hadn't scooped you up yet! Have a good day!

Chloe222
07-03-2012, 12:27 PM

Foxxy,
I would go take a nap if I were feeling as you do. I do have days like that. Another good thing would be to go to a bookstore and find something really interesting to read and just lose yourself in a fun book. Keep drinking your water and just spend time recouping and regrouping. These times can be viewed as special times, time when you need to just step back and do nothing. I'm willing to bet you rarely do nothing, you are probably up and about, going and doing, all the time. Take this time as a mini vacation.

GemIAm
07-03-2012, 12:31 PM

I also find that I get really hungry when I don't eat my veg (or do not eat any by about 1 pm).

Hope everyone has made plans to stay OP tomorrow - I made a huge bowl of marinated veggies that I can snack on!

wuv2bloved
07-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Week 61 update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xea3AFflzg

Kaypix
07-03-2012, 12:35 PM
I wanna ride it all night long...if you're going my way, I wanna drive it all all night long...

Sorry just had to put that out there. I'm listening to Disney Radio this morning on Pandora...I've had Mulan, Lion King, Cars, ooooh now it's Tarzan, you name it! Yes deep down inside I'm an 8 year old living in a 27 year old's body...

It's sad how much one day of good weight can affect my mood. I jumped on the scale this morning after a day of 100% OP yesterday, and was down to 168.2! That's a 1.6 LB loss over night. Now will I keep it? Doubtful that it'll go a whole lot lower, but heck, I'll take what I can get! counting down to bead # 6 (30 lbs) and it's only 3.4 LBS away now, that's actually manageable. Must stay good so I can be sexay for Sturgis (if I hit under 160 I swear to god I'll wear assless chaps and get a sunburn for the whole world to mock!)

In other news, South Dakota is having a great heat wave this week, highs in the upper 90's and into 100, with heat index breaking 108 supposedly tomorrow. So we have a heat advisory, which equates to no outdoor working for me, so I brushed the dogs at 7:00 this morning when it was only about 80 outside. I'm going to pick them up a kiddie pool tonight after work and drop some stuff off at the goodwill, since their room is nearly set up.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/DogRoom.jpg

Tonight I'm going to deep clean the master bedroom so hopefully it starts feeling like an oasis...and possibly cookie baking factory lol! :devil:

Alright, back to work with me...the "cat" is away so it's hard not to play all day! I'll check back in later! Toodles!

reneepw
07-03-2012, 12:40 PM
I wanna ride it all night long...if you're going my way, I wanna drive it all all night long...

Sorry just had to put that out there. I'm listening to Disney Radio this morning on Pandora...I've had Mulan, Lion King, Cars, ooooh now it's Tarzan, you name it! Yes deep down inside I'm an 8 year old living in a 27 year old's body...

It's sad how much one day of good weight can affect my mood. I jumped on the scale this morning after a day of 100% OP yesterday, and was down to 168.2! That's a 1.6 LB loss over night. Now will I keep it? Doubtful that it'll go a whole lot lower, but heck, I'll take what I can get! counting down to bead # 6 (30 lbs) and it's only 3.4 LBS away now, that's actually manageable. Must stay good so I can be sexay for Sturgis (if I hit under 160 I swear to god I'll wear assless chaps and get a sunburn for the whole world to mock!)

In other news, South Dakota is having a great heat wave this week, highs in the upper 90's and into 100, with heat index breaking 108 supposedly tomorrow. So we have a heat advisory, which equates to no outdoor working for me, so I brushed the dogs at 7:00 this morning when it was only about 80 outside. I'm going to pick them up a kiddie pool tonight after work and drop some stuff off at the goodwill, since their room is nearly set up.

Tonight I'm going to deep clean the master bedroom so hopefully it starts feeling like an oasis...and possibly cookie baking factory lol! :devil:

Alright, back to work with me...the "cat" is away so it's hard not to play all day! I'll check back in later! Toodles!

all i can say is it's a good thing I wasn't drinking my tea as i read this or I would have snorted it out my nose cause I cracked up laughing. Loved the post!
Stay cool!

Chloe222
07-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Sounds like the two of you made quite a feast! We're having salmon for dinner tonight (w/ steamed broccoli and salad).

Good morning everyone!

What a wonderful day! I took the day off so I have two days off in a row for the first time in a long time!! Soooo happy and relaxed!! I'm a massage therapist so my hands are enjoying the break. Trying to not walk through the kitchen too much to avoid the urge to munch. Really starting to realize how much I used to eat out of boredom and not necessarily hunger. I like how restricted IP is so I don't have a choice when it comes to cheating.
I agree, w/ IP, I limit what I eat and I work at having just the 3 meals and snacks. I used to have snacks throughout the day. Even small, low calorie snacks add up so this program is excellent for retraining me to keep just to the 3 meals and 1 snack. I really love having that bedtime snack.

Good Morning Everyone

Has anyone else done that? Does it affect the weight loss that much.

Thanks
Sharon
Many of us carry an emergency stash of IP packets in our cars as well as in our purses (well, maybe not the guys), some single serving WF salad dressings, a bottle of Mio, some truvia packets, decaf tea bag, another IP packet), just in case you end up in your current situation, or go out to lunch or dinner unexpectedly, etc. This really helps. Some also carry a little salt shaker. I know that means a larger purse might be required, but its worth it for the peace of mind.

I have crepes every morning with a cinnamon-splenda topping. Yum!

I have been dealing with LIFE.
You are definitely going through a rough patch. Just remember, it will get better. Get to your doctors and be thoroughly checked out. Be well and if you can, breathe deep, meditate to relax.

Unwaver1ng
07-03-2012, 12:50 PM

Hope it doesn't dampen your trip! Take a nap, drink some water and best of luck to you!

dizzyjean, hope you feel better soon!

We're very lucky where we are - we can buy 'mixed boxes' so we get lots of variety. Can't buy individual packets but we can choose any combination of seven packets and pay the $27 box fee. Makes life a lot easier.

Anyway, enough about me. Happy Tuesday all!

Mixed boxes would be amazing! I liked the sample starter kit, then after picking up my first order I realized that it meant I was possibly going to have eat soup for lunch everyday for a week! So I got more boxes midweek :) I know that I need variety in order to make this work for me! My cupboard is stocked full of boxes now!

I undstand that worry. I just keep reminding myself that this is highly recommended by my clinic and my doctor has done it as well herself. My advice to you is to focus on one day at a time (original, right?) also, let yourself of the hook. You can have a down day today! Go back to bed, read a book, or veg out in front of the TV.

That is so great! Congratulations :)

Judy

Absolutely! Best of luck.

This is my first post, I have been reading this forum for a week now. Not sure if it is the IP that is working or all the positive energy floating around here. :) I had my first weigh in on Saturday and was pretty thrilled to have lost 6.6 lbs and 5 inches. I was pretty skeptical to start but the success of a friend made me give it a whirl. I am hoping to loose about 80 lbs.

Hi! Welcome. If you follow the plan, then it will work. And the people here can help you stay on track. :)

To the person searching threads, you can actually use google. In the google site, search for the website, and then you can click "search this site." I have been using this to find recipes.

~Jenni

mlucas
07-03-2012, 12:52 PM
You are definitely going through a rough patch. Just remember, it will get better. Get to your doctors and be thoroughly checked out. Be well and if you can, breathe deep, meditate to relax.

Thank you and I am doing the best i can :) Thank you for the support.

swimcoachmomma
07-03-2012, 12:52 PM

I have been dealing with LIFE. Everyone does and we all have our ups and downs and throught it all i am just holding on by a thread. My hormones are all over the place and my weight is too. I feel all i have is this diet, and even though i let it down and myself. I have been dealing with death, addictions, family falling apart, hating my job, home sick, cars breaking down, money, planning a wedding and now... my health. I have passed out a few times in the last few months. 2 nights ago was probably the worst of them all, and i'm so lucky that my fiance was there. Yes were were baking cookies again (and i say go hard or go home.. thats just me.. we go hard LOL) We were done and he gets into the shower, and i am to follow. But i'm not feeling right so i sit down on the toilet, i call to him letting him know that i think i'm going to passout and all i remember is coming too with him holding my face and then me getting sick. Everything else is a blur. The next day, yesterday i come into work and my head is everywhere. I can't concentrate, i have a massive headache, my thoughts a blurr i cant keep anything straight i would talk and make no sense. So i finally suck it up and go to my boss, and let him know what's going on.. I dont tell him that i passed out after baking cookies.. i tell him i was doing cardio! LOL :carrot: He says to go to the dr. and i take his advice even though i think its nothing, maybe i got up to fast ya know. I go home finish up "50 Shades of Grey" which is amazing! I suggest everyone read it! I'm on book 2 now, and i'm not a reader.
Then go to the dr. She proceeds to think that i'm a crazy person, or now i have diabetes since my mom is a diabetic. I start to cry, i've worked in dialysis for years and I know that 65% of my patients are were diabetics 30% hypertension and the other % was genetics or immune issues. SO i cry, it's the main reason i went on this diet. The last thing in the world i want to be is diabetic. I know deep down in my heart, i am not diabetic. Then she proceeds to tell me, that if my blood work comes back clear, i am to go to a NEUROLOGIST! No remember i wasnt thinking right last night and i havent talked to anyone about this, so i think Neurologist...nerves. NOPE! I come to work today and a lady asks me about my appointment and i tell her and she points to her head... i look at her confussed.. and then she says.. brain! My heart just dropped! My friened just died from an anurisim or how ever you spell it. She went to work one day passed out, and died. In a matter of minuets. Leaving behind my best friend and there 1 year old baby boy after 8 months of marriage. I'm thinking possitive, but i'm holding on by a thread. On top of it all.. she the dr. tells me that it could be my diet, and then proceeds to tell me that after i'm done with the diet, I am just going to gain all the weight back, and that i just need to eat RIGHT and exersice. Umm.. thank you you SKINNY EFIN B'TCH! Thank you! For your got da'n input, thank you for that! I'm sure you understand the effin struggle you simple b'tch! Ugh.. i'm still so p'sd. Now i'm battleing being mad and scared and nervous. I'm an emotional wreck trying to keep it together.
I do have my WI today... I dont even want to go. But i will and i will sit there and look at her chipper skinny azz too and listen to her tell me how fabulous life is.
I have been trying to be positive and glass half full while dealing with all of this, not showing how i really feel, and bordening people with the issues that lie beneth... but yesterday and today.. broke this camel's back.

Sorry to be such a debbie downer.. but i dont know where else to turn. I'm lost. :?:

I haven't finished reading the forum, so others may have posted.

First of all, I am sending you hugs. We are all here for each other thru the ups and downs.

Second of all, glad u r enjoying the cookie baking..

Third, i am sorry your doc is so clueless, especially about the diet. I have seen your feisty side, and I am sure you will keep rocking this thing and put it IN HER FACE!!!!!

Next, sorry about the health issues. May indeed be something simple. And easily reversible. Please try to remember to breathe and remember that you do not yet know what is going on medically. Try not to project your anxiety into the future. I know, it sounds lame even as I write it.

Try to think of something nice to do for yourself today. Rest, relax, take it easy, hydrate, and rock the diet. It sounds like there are a gazillion things in your life that you cannot control, but you are in control of your reaction to them. Please PM me if u want.

wuv2bloved
07-03-2012, 01:02 PM

Sorry you are having to go through all of this, remember you are never dealt more than you can handle. Take it one day at a time, everything will work out. Don't stress over the unknown, you are a strong woman. You came to the right place for support you know we are always here for you

swimcoachmomma
07-03-2012, 01:05 PM

The animal rm looks great. Was wondering how you were going to convince the critters to sleep there. Now I see the crates. Let me know if they like it. Mine are fine if they can't see or hear us, but if they know we r in the big bed, they are there too.

I am sending the whoosh fairy and all her sisters to you before sturgis. I want to hear all about the assless chaps!!! My water almost came out my nose.

Anyway, have a grea day.

LizRR
07-03-2012, 01:10 PM

The Protein Store sells single samples at $4/packet, shopforprotein.com with free (&fast) shipping in the US - of course their website is down again right now. But try to browse later (I think someone mentioned they are moving their servers).

You've got this IPdivajen! Don't let that stupid scale rule your day! You know how this diet goes - EVERYONE has the stall, the gain, the lull, then the huge catchup WI. Hope you have a great one!

I just wanted to remind you that I love your smile.

You flirt!

[COLOR="Indigo"]I’m a little confused today. I’m still new to figuring out this forum style and rules. If I have a question, and I see an already posted thread touched on the subject but doesn’t fully answer my question.... is it better to ask the question on the same thread or start a new one?

Ask any questions in the Daily Chat first. There are a million threads started with repeated questions that a lot of folks don't check - but this one gets the most eyes and interaction. So you will not only increase the probability of an answer by more people, but more people will probably learn too!

Looking like a fool with your Pants on the GROUND!

Oh salmon is a staple in my house. I believe I had it 4 times last week.... so yummy. Especially if you can get Pacific or Alaskan salmon. A little EVOO and some Cajun Seasoning and Garlic.... Tasty..

Just FYI - the most recent IP Phase 1 Protocol Sheet dated 5/2/2012 lists Wild Salmon at 1x/week (same as my older 2011 sheet): http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4360561-post11.html

I've forgotten my lunch before - whatever you do - you still need to eat all of your food today - don't just skip it completely - find a way to fit it in when you get home. You NEED to eat all of your food every day!

I think your doctor is insensitive. Seriously - you need to eat an extra packet before you get to baking cookies! Get your checkups, but don't stress - honestly, if I were to do a serious workout without an extra packet I would pass out - and it sounds like your 'Go Big Or Go Home' horizontal workouts are on par or above!

Really starting to realize how much I used to eat out of boredom and not necessarily hunger. I like how restricted IP is so I don't have a choice when it comes to cheating.

I completely identify with this. I used to eat so much out of boredom, the IP 'schedule' has really taught me so much about myself and my attitude towards food. It's OKAY to get hungry and then eat, it's OKAY to pass on free pizza, you don't have to STUFF yourself at each meal - seriously, why did I think it was okay to be so full I felt like I was going to upchuck after every meal?

northernfawn
07-03-2012, 01:28 PM

I would suggest asking your question in here as most people come in here at some point during the day..

mlucas
07-03-2012, 01:37 PM
I haven't finished reading the forum, so others may have posted.

First of all, I am sending you hugs. We are all here for each other thru the ups and downs.

Second of all, glad u r enjoying the cookie baking..

Third, i am sorry your doc is so clueless, especially about the diet. I have seen your feisty side, and I am sure you will keep rocking this thing and put it IN HER FACE!!!!!

Next, sorry about the health issues. May indeed be something simple. And easily reversible. Please try to remember to breathe and remember that you do not yet know what is going on medically. Try not to project your anxiety into the future. I know, it sounds lame even as I write it.

Try to think of something nice to do for yourself today. Rest, relax, take it easy, hydrate, and rock the diet. It sounds like there are a gazillion things in your life that you cannot control, but you are in control of your reaction to them. Please PM me if u want.

:) Thank you, really thank you it means alot to hear that. Ya know deep down i think we (women) know the answer already we just "think" we need someone else to tell us or validate it. I'm doing my best to relax and just wait and see what happens. If i had been in a better state of mind yesterday i probably would of had her for dinner! It's funny though i know my fiance could feel my getting mad as she was talking. At one point he grabbed my leg and my hand and wispered to breath LOL after my next appointment, i think i will be changing dr.

Sorry you are having to go through all of this, remember you are never dealt more than you can handle. Take it one day at a time, everything will work out. Don't stress over the unknown, you are a strong woman. You came to the right place for support you know we are always here for you

I know, and i say that to myself over an over, I was so unaware that i could handle so much :) but i'm definetly at my limit. So i'm hoping for nothing up up hill from here or platue.. idk, just nothing but sunshine.. there.. thats better :) Thank you for the kind words.

[QUOTE=LizRR;4392436]
I think your doctor is insensitive. Seriously - you need to eat an extra packet before you get to baking cookies! Get your checkups, but don't stress - honestly, if I were to do a serious workout without an extra packet I would pass out - and it sounds like your 'Go Big Or Go Home' horizontal workouts are on par or above!
QUOTE]

To be quite honest i think she's just a catty b'tch. Women hate to see other women suceed or do what they cant ya know. When she started asking me about my diet and how much weight i have lost and how long, i could tell she was fishing for something to say neg. It's like the people around me keep asking me when i'm going to be done and that i dont need to lose anymore weight.. "well if i lose more, i'd be smaller than you" and that bothers them. It's like everyone is trying to keep me at the "fat" friend. I'm so over it. And to hear it from a doctor.. kills me. My bmi is still "obese" that's not healthy! I'm 5'4 and linger between 195-200lbs.. that's not healthy! I have knee and arthritis in my back (thanks to accidents and 15 year in cosmetology) but that's not healthy.. I have a double chin and i giggle.. that's not healty... so why in your right doctoring mind or any other person tell me i should stop my diet.. Ugh.. if it was ok to hit people! LOL
And ya know I think you are right.. maybe i should be adding in protien before cookies. I never even thought about that. I will be bringing this up to my coach today. Maybe i am more active and need the caloires. IDK. We shall see :)

northernfawn
07-03-2012, 01:46 PM

feels great doesn't it?

I had my first weigh in this morning and I am down 8 pounds!! :carrot:

Way to go!!

you're off to a great start - well done

I'm on a complete high today knowing that I'm in the 190's. I had no idea how exhilerating that 1 little pound would be .... I feel like I've broken thru to the other side:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

jmuroff1
07-03-2012, 01:51 PM
I have a question, it may be silly lol. Im going on vacation to myrtle beach and one of our traditions is on the way down we stop at Waffle House :o What can I eat there?!? lmao!:?::?::?::?:

lizmeier
07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi everyone..im new on here..just signed up last night..i have been on the ip diet for lil over a month now..lost 18 pounds and about 20 inches over all..past two weeks have only been a pound because i have things going on every other weekend and its impossible to eat my ip packets or eat healthy in general but i weigh in this thursday and im tryn my best until than hopefully will lose more than a pound this week

Unwaver1ng
07-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Ever have one of those days where you just aren't hungry? Is that backwards or what? I'm going to wait a bit on lunch, and see what happens.

~Jenni

Robag
07-03-2012, 02:04 PM
First time on the site in a while. I found that this web site was taking over my life. My oldest son had to ask why I go on there all the time, it's just the same stuff over and over. I told him yes, you're right, it is the same, but at the same time, it usually gives me inspiration to stay strong when I read a lot of the posts, so that's why I do it.

Just finished our long weekend up here in Canada, and we had great weather for it. Mid to high 80's for the most part, but it looks like we may have some nasty storms again tonight, as another cold front is moving in for a day.

WI #5 tomorrow and looking for a good number. I started phase 2 last week, and am planning on phase 3 start this Thursday to get ready for my 3 week holiday. I'm not going to lie to you, I plan on eating off plan while on holiday's, and start back on phase 1 when I get back in August. Right now, I'm close to my original goal that I set at the clinic of 200 lbs. I switched that to 190, and when I restart in August, I may move that down even further to 180, but we'll see. I'll make that decision later. I do plan on watching what I eat and how much while on holiday's, but I am going to splurge for the odd treat, and have a few beers while camping.

Have a great day everyone, and I hope you continue with your success! For anyone that has had a rough day, or few days, good luck to you, and keep strong, and you will be rewarded!

Jobu
07-03-2012, 02:06 PM
This made me laugh! I'm still on week 1 and tried making the crepe last night....What a mess! It came out as a huge glop of goo....I ate it anyway! :dizzy: And it actually wasn't as bad as it looked. I still had to laugh at it though!

I had this same problem! I finally went out and purchased a good nonstick pan and sprayed it with a small amount of nonstick spray before making the crepes. Solved my problem!

Robag
07-03-2012, 02:10 PM
I had this same problem! I finally went out and purchased a good nonstick pan and sprayed it with a small amount of nonstick spray before making the crepes. Solved my problem!

I just use 1 tsp of olive oil for each crepe. I make 2 crepes out of 1 package, and they cook fantastically. Nice and round, cooked nicely on the outside, with a bit of fluff on the inside.

CindyG
07-03-2012, 02:11 PM
I am just starting the IP diet today. this a a great forum and I look forward to talking with all of you!

Tigerlvr52
07-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Just FYI - the most recent IP Phase 1 Protocol Sheet dated 5/2/2012 lists Wild Salmon at 1x/week (same as my older 2011 sheet): http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4360561-post11.html

My Coach modified my plan a bit this works instead of me eating an extra packet every day. My body is weird. Thanks for the heads up though. Now that I am on restricted then I might not eat it as much.

GGee
07-03-2012, 02:34 PM

Oh no. Feel better!!!! Fast!

Kikie
07-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Wow it's been ages, it's nice to see the progress that's been made by everyone since I started moving a couple weeks ago, great job :)

Just went for WI #8: Another 4 lbs for the second week in a row! It's FANTASTIC to have my size 11 jeans falling off, I don't quite fit in the 9's yet but I sure as heck plan to very soon ;) I still recall getting depressed not that long ago because even the size 15 wasn't enough anymore, and I couldn't find anything above that in my favorite shops. That time is SO over.

Best of luck to everyone with WI's coming up, and have a great day all!

GGee
07-03-2012, 02:49 PM

I can't believe that all this has happened to you. First of all I am sorry for your loss of your best friends. That is so sad. It is very scary. We are not guaranteed tomorrow. And yes, with all the hormones floating around, it doesn't feel any better. The hormones being released have really made me moody, sad and irritable.

As for your doc, what a terrible outlook she has. I personally know of people on the IP diet who have not only lost weight, kept it off and have stopped requiring diabetic meds because they lost the weight. Of course I am talking about type 2 diabetics. I myself was borderline and my sugars have been awesome while on the IP diet. Never over 100! So if you stick with the IP diet, I bet your A1C will show great results. You can't cheat on a AIc. That is a better indicator of how you are doing with your blood sugars.

Just take it day by day. That is all you can do. It is so very hard to stay on plan sometimes. But preparation will help you. Always have veggie snacks available. Try to not see and smell the cookies! LOL For me its popcorn. I hope they rule out that it is anything neurological. I know I felt nauseous and sick in the beginning of the IP diet. But it did pass.

I will be praying for you and hope you start to feel better soon.

wuv2bloved
07-03-2012, 02:50 PM
I have a question, it may be silly lol. Im going on vacation to myrtle beach and one of our traditions is on the way down we stop at Waffle House :o What can I eat there?!? lmao!:?::?::?::?:
When I go I usually get the chef's salad with oil and vinegar. Don't think to much of it just go with what you know. You could always had a hamburger patty to it or a grilled chicken breast. Or 2 eggs with a salad...just a few suggestions

Hi everyone..im new on here..just signed up last night..i have been on the ip diet for lil over a month now..lost 18 pounds and about 20 inches over all..past two weeks have only been a pound because i have things going on every other weekend and its impossible to eat my ip packets or eat healthy in general but i weigh in this thursday and im tryn my best until than hopefully will lose more than a pound this week
What types of food are you around? nothing is impossible, if there is a will there is a way......

Ever have one of those days where you just aren't hungry? Is that backwards or what? I'm going to wait a bit on lunch, and see what happens.

~Jenni
Make sure you get all of your food in anyway you are not hungry. its very important!!

I am just starting the IP diet today. this a a great forum and I look forward to talking with all of you!
Welcome to the IP family!

GGee
07-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Wow it's been ages, it's nice to see the progress that's been made by everyone since I started moving a couple weeks ago, great job :)

Just went for WI #8: Another 4 lbs for the second week in a row! It's FANTASTIC to have my size 11 jeans falling off, I don't quite fit in the 9's yet but I sure as heck plan to very soon ;) I still recall getting depressed not that long ago because even the size 15 wasn't enough anymore, and I couldn't find anything above that in my favorite shops. That time is SO over.

Best of luck to everyone with WI's coming up, and have a great day all!

Congratulations!! That feels so good when the clothes are too big.

I only had one amazing week of 5lbs and so I am so happy to see people lose greater than 4 lbs in one week. I go for my weigh in today. Last Monday's weigh in kinda sucked. Only .9 but I am hoping I am back on track. My size 16's are falling off! Yay! My closet ranges from 8-20W.(Only 2 pieces of clothes at 20W). Talk about denial!!!

Good luck!

GGee
07-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Do the IP diet members feel that it is easier to stay OP at home or at work?

GGee
07-03-2012, 02:56 PM

I personally do better at work. I am on a "staycation" and am suffering!!!:mad:

wuv2bloved
07-03-2012, 02:57 PM
I do fine in both places. I know what I can and can't have and that is the only thing I worry about. I come prepared!Do the IP diet members feel that it is easier to stay OP at home or at work?

jmuroff1
07-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Thanks wuv...it's going to be hard! lol I love their waffles and hash browns!!!!!! :( hamburger patty sounds yummy tho. Any breakfast ideas?

When I go I usually get the chef's salad with oil and vinegar. Don't think to much of it just go with what you know. You could always had a hamburger patty to it or a grilled chicken breast. Or 2 eggs with a salad...just a few suggestions

Kikie
07-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Ty G :)

I find it varies for me. Sometimes it is easier at work, because I have so many things on my mind other than food. However, when I have to help out in the kitchen to serve the food to the residents, it can get worse than ****. The smell of fresh bread, french fries, the look of those strawberry desserts... at least at home there is zero temptation. I keep nothing non-IP anywhere. Everyone has their own way of doing things :)

wuv2bloved
07-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks wuv...it's going to be hard! lol I love their waffles and hash browns!!!!!! :( hamburger patty sounds yummy tho. Any breakfast ideas?
You could do a veggie omelet :) tell them EXACTLY what you want on it

jmuroff1
07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
omg that sounds perfect!! maybe some ham too?

You could do a veggie omelet :) tell them EXACTLY what you want on it

Kaypix
07-03-2012, 03:04 PM
all i can say is it's a good thing I wasn't drinking my tea as i read this or I would have snorted it out my nose cause I cracked up laughing. Loved the post!
Stay cool!
Glad I made ya chuckle!

Yes were were baking cookies again (and i say go hard or go home.. thats just me.. we go hard LOL) We were done and he gets into the shower, and i am to follow. But i'm not feeling right so i sit down on the toilet, i call to him letting him know that i think i'm going to passout and all i remember is coming too with him holding my face and then me getting sick. Everything else is a blur. The last thing in the world i want to be is diabetic. I know deep down in my heart, i am not diabetic. Then she proceeds to tell me, that if my blood work comes back clear, I am to go to a NEUROLOGIST! On top of it all..dr. tells me that it could be my diet, and then proceeds to tell me that after i'm done with the diet, I am just going to gain all the weight back, and that i just need to eat RIGHT and exersice.
My mom takes a bus up to Bismark once a week, I could totally hide out in the luggage compartment and come give you a hug! As far as baking cookies, I actually know what you're talking about when it comes to light headedness. I noticed it actually because I don't eat before bed, like, ever, and DH always wants to bake at the ungoldy hour of like 3:00AM or something. Afterwards we take a shower, and the heat of the air (not the water, just the steam stuff) made me feel like my heart started racing, i got light headed and wanted to hurl. Solution? Have PowerAde Zero as soon as the cookies are baked...at least it worked for me, and it was Gatorade before the um, IP started. I vote your doctor become morbidly obese from all the fat WE are losing...then she can know what it feels like to be us. :hug: Regarding the happy skinny people...f* them ;) Some times it's easier to be sarcastic towards them and mock the teenie boppers in the mall that look anorexic for me...just saying...not that I'm going to H-E-hockeystick-hockeystick or anything. Keep us informed, you're in my prayers!

The animal rm looks great. Was wondering how you were going to convince the critters to sleep there. Now I see the crates. Let me know if they like it. Mine are fine if they can't see or hear us, but if they know we r in the big bed, they are there too.
I am sending the whoosh fairy and all her sisters to you before sturgis. I want to hear all about the assless chaps!!! My water almost came out my nose.
Thanks swim :) I'll let you know how it goes. Our older dog is fine in another room, it's the small black one (butt in the photo) who will be the crier. I believe in ear plugs and loud music. Regarding the assless chaps, yes, it's tradition out there for at least a few people who should NOT be wearing them, to wear them proudly. Although I'm sure my tush will look great "form-wise" I am pasty - pasty irish fair skinned red head white! My tush is not an exception to this rule lol!

http://www.wafflehouse.com/images/stories/Menu1.jpg
It looks like you can get Egg Whites only on their eggs list...steak probably...just trim it well...and it looks like grilled chicken is an option for dinner and they'll let you get tomatoes instead of toast...what the **** is that? tomatoes instead of toast?? weird people...

wuv2bloved
07-03-2012, 03:10 PM
omg that sounds perfect!! maybe some ham too?
I would stay away from the ham and do grilled chicken or steak

LizRR
07-03-2012, 03:11 PM
To be quite honest i think she's just a catty b'tch. Women hate to see other women suceed or do what they cant ya know. When she started asking me about my diet and how much weight i have lost and how long, i could tell she was fishing for something to say neg. It's like the people around me keep asking me when i'm going to be done and that i dont need to lose anymore weight.. "well if i lose more, i'd be smaller than you" and that bothers them. It's like everyone is trying to keep me at the "fat" friend. I'm so over it. And to hear it from a doctor.. kills me. My bmi is still "obese" that's not healthy! I'm 5'4 and linger between 195-200lbs.. that's not healthy! I have knee and arthritis in my back (thanks to accidents and 15 year in cosmetology) but that's not healthy.. I have a double chin and i giggle.. that's not healty... so why in your right doctoring mind or any other person tell me i should stop my diet.. Ugh.. if it was ok to hit people! LOL
And ya know I think you are right.. maybe i should be adding in protien before cookies. I never even thought about that. I will be bringing this up to my coach today. Maybe i am more active and need the caloires. IDK. We shall see :)

LOL - tell me what you REALLY think! Too bad you live so far north of Plano - I'd LOVE to hang out with you and b* about this over some drinks (IP RTDs of course)....

My Coach modified my plan a bit this works instead of me eating an extra packet every day. My body is weird. Thanks for the heads up though. Now that I am on restricted then I might not eat it as much.

My coach got me on that one in the beginning when I had salmon 3x in one week...oopsy! I love it!

I only had one amazing week of 5lbs and so I am so happy to see people lose greater than 4 lbs in one week. I go for my weigh in today. Last Monday's weigh in kinda sucked. Only .9 but I am hoping I am back on track. My size 16's are falling off! Yay! My closet ranges from 8-20W.(Only 2 pieces of clothes at 20W). Talk about denial!!!

LOL - you better be diligent about keeping track of what clothes fit and get lined up for the next size down - it goes FAST. There were tops I'd been 'saving' for when they fit that are now too large, and I never even got to wear them. I'm planning on doing a closet re-org based on sizing this weekend, so I at least have a better chance at catching the next downsize. And talk about denial - you know you should upsize when you rip the seam in a pair of jeans...

I only work part-time (9-3), it's definitely easier for me to stick to the routine at work, since my home routine can get out of whack based on weather. Example, I take my son out everyday to play after my 4pm snack, but if it's raining we stay home and I have to fight my boredom binge urge.

Kaypix
07-03-2012, 03:20 PM
GGee Definitely 100% Easier at work, for sure no question. The weekends I struggle if I'm not go go go go go the whole time. As soon as my butt hits the couch I think "ooooh M&Ms" and other horrid thoughts!

NewPath
07-03-2012, 03:24 PM

Oh, no! Jean, I will pray for you! Try to stay hydrated!!!

chicagoboiler
07-03-2012, 03:29 PM
After a few weeks of me on IP my DF started and is doing amazing. However, I want to share a weird NSV with everyone....my mom joined IP yesterday. My mother is quite large and I've always been afraid she would die of a heart attack or diabetes. For YEARS, she's "wanted" to lose weight but she's like me and gives into temptation and likes food too much and always fails. She was going to try Jenny Craig this summer to try to start and I'd support her because she was going to finally take some action. Well, after hearing each week about my successes and seeing me resist tons of temptation, she made the call on her own and started IP last night. I am nervous for her due to her past experiences, but I am really committed for her to be successful. I may be posting random questions from her off and on too.

I don't eat fish, but she was curious how people cook their fish and since there's no butter, what do you use and what sauce do you dip shrimp in? Hope everyone has a safe 4th and a great 100% OP day :-)

reneepw
07-03-2012, 03:30 PM

you know its kinda funny. "before" IP - being home was awful. I always have snacks here for the kids lunches and it was easy to graze all day.

Now - i work in office 1-2 times/week and work from home the rest - and honestly, its no different for me.

At work - I'm walking around and busy so i have to make sure i'm getting my water in. But I go prepared and I've stashed a few packets at my desk just in case I forget.

At home - i like that i have access to the stove so I can cook something at lunch if I want. hmm..my husband is usually here too. Maybe i should start baking cookies at lunch. LOL!

I think the key to both is be prepared and always always have the water bottle handy!

NewPath
07-03-2012, 03:31 PM

Foxxybrown...

Stick with this. You body is telling you to rest! You are doing great. The AMAZING energy will come....I promise!!!! It took a while for me. I did not feel like a rock star until I was in to my second month...and now, YAY...I feel AMAZING!!!! You really need to listen to your body. Accept that you feel BLAH, have some salt, drink water, and try to relax! Blah is not from IP...it is from your body making changes and dealing with the healthy plan you are on! Believe in yourself and believe in your body!!!! You got this!!!!

Unwaver1ng
07-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks for checking up, wuv. I just had IP chicken noodle soup. I think I finally found a soup I like. I added some cauliflower and am really enjoying lunch. I waited an extra hour, which is fine with me.

As for the work vs home question, I don't suppose anyone else around here works at a University residence hall? Part of my compensation is a meal plan in the dining halls. There are programs with pizza or ice cream served a few times a week. I am about to begin RA training where we order delivery or catering for every meal of the day. So at home is way better for me! I am so glad to have a month of laid back summer to get used to this before things pick up. At home, I got rid of all non OP foods. It feels like a safe space :)

~Jenni

reneepw
07-03-2012, 03:33 PM
After a few weeks of me on IP my DF started and is doing amazing. However, I want to share a weird NSV with everyone....my mom joined IP yesterday. My mother is quite large and I've always been afraid she would die of a heart attack or diabetes. For YEARS, she's "wanted" to lose weight but she's like me and gives into temptation and likes food too much and always fails. She was going to try Jenny Craig this summer to try to start and I'd support her because she was going to finally take some action. Well, after hearing each week about my successes and seeing me resist tons of temptation, she made the call on her own and started IP last night. I am nervous for her due to her past experiences, but I am really committed for her to be successful. I may be posting random questions from her off and on too.

I don't eat fish, but she was curious how people cook their fish and since there's no butter, what do you use and what sauce do you dip shrimp in? Hope everyone has a safe 4th and a great 100% OP day :-)

Tons and tons of good luck to your mom!
We eat fish at least once a week. Either we bake it or grill it in foil. we put a little olive oil on the top; fresh herbs and seasoning; wrap the foil and put on the grill. Sometimes we pan fry it with Pam or a very little bit of oil so it doesn't stick. Shrimp - usually put it on a skewer on the grill.. YUM and i eat it without sauce.. sometimes just some fresh lemon. my coach said a few squirts from a lemon is fine.

NewPath
07-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Goooooddd morning everyone!

Starting my detox today! Also just did an impromptu BBQ for tonight... we'll see if anyone comes, but we are opening our house ;)

I'm baking up some buffalo wings for dinner tonight- can't wait!

What is detox????

reneepw
07-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks for checking up, wuv. I just had IP chicken noodle soup. I think I finally found a soup I like. I added some cauliflower and am really enjoying lunch. I waited an extra hour, which is fine with me.

As for the work vs home question, I don't suppose anyone else around here works at a University residence hall? Part of my compensation is a meal plan in the dining halls. There are programs with pizza or ice cream served a few times a week. I am about to begin RA training where we order delivery or catering for every meal of the day. So at home is way better for me! I am so glad to have a month of laid back summer to get used to this before things pick up. At home, I got rid of all non OP foods. It feels like a safe space :)

~Jenni

I work for a company that does software for higher ed - so all my customers are colleges - visiting some of those cafs is always an interesting experience! are you at Univ of Illinois?

Unwaver1ng
07-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Mlucas: I had no idea what "baking cookies" meant, so I was lost for a while :) I think that you are dealing super well with a toxic person. I can tell that you are dusting yourself off and looking straight ahead so that you can move forward. This is just another hurdle to jump and you will feel great when you get past it!

~Jenni

locopollo
07-03-2012, 03:47 PM
I tried the chicken soup with cauliflower and curry powder today. Hmmm, it's OK, but very salty. Guess I will be getting my water in easily enough! I have two packets of the chicken soup from my starter kit, so I will be trying this again.

I do better at work, even though there is more junk to eat at home. At work, I get the afternoon boredom munchies. :rolleyes:

I notice my stomach feels better. Like more even keel or something? :?:

NewPath
07-03-2012, 03:52 PM

Try to relax. Keep your appointments. Chances are, you are just fine!! You may want to google Vagal Response. My daughter is in her senior year of nursing and has passed out a few times. This has never happened prior to this year. Vagal response can be brought on by "extremes" in lots of different things. Hers was a response to extreme pressure and stress. It is not an uncommon thing. Look it up. Try to rest.

mwethern
07-03-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm a newbie to IP and forums so here goes! I just have to tell you all that reading your posts and timelines of progress is SO motivating! I am so excited to have found a diet that makes so much sense! I just had the chicken soup with spinach in it YUM! :) maybe someday I'll be able to figure out how to post the ticker! Haha

Darralyn
07-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Happy Tuesday IPeeps!
Well tomorrow is the the fourth of July and want to wish all you happy Independence day! I see the Canadians just had their holiday weekend last week. We only get the one day off where I work so that kind of sucks but hey at least it's a paid day off for me.
Wishing you all a great OP day tomorrow and hoping it comes easy!
Hugs to you all!

NewPath
07-03-2012, 03:59 PM

WELCOME, Cindy!!!!!!! :welcome:

wuv2bloved
07-03-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm a newbie to IP and forums so here goes! I just have to tell you all that reading your posts and timelines of progress is SO motivating! I am so excited to have found a diet that makes so much sense! I just had the chicken soup with spinach in it YUM! :) maybe someday I'll be able to figure out how to post the ticker! Haha

Welcome to the IP family, You can't get a ticker until you are here 20 days and have posted 20 times. So just like the program, be patient and it will come :)

NewPath
07-03-2012, 04:02 PM

Definitely at work. However, now that I am home for the summer, I am taking the time to cook more and discover new vegetables and recipes.

mlucas
07-03-2012, 04:03 PM
I can't believe that all this has happened to you. First of all I am sorry for your loss of your best friends. That is so sad. It is very scary. We are not guaranteed tomorrow. And yes, with all the hormones floating around, it doesn't feel any better. The hormones being released have really made me moody, sad and irritable.

As for your doc, what a terrible outlook she has. I personally know of people on the IP diet who have not only lost weight, kept it off and have stopped requiring diabetic meds because they lost the weight. Of course I am talking about type 2 diabetics. I myself was borderline and my sugars have been awesome while on the IP diet. Never over 100! So if you stick with the IP diet, I bet your A1C will show great results. You can't cheat on a AIc. That is a better indicator of how you are doing with your blood sugars.

Just take it day by day. That is all you can do. It is so very hard to stay on plan sometimes. But preparation will help you. Always have veggie snacks available. Try to not see and smell the cookies! LOL For me its popcorn. I hope they rule out that it is anything neurological. I know I felt nauseous and sick in the beginning of the IP diet. But it did pass.

I will be praying for you and hope you start to feel better soon.

I actually got a call at lunch time, my blood work all came back normal. My blood sugar was at 82. Which i figured would be normal, it's just the knee jerk reaction of diabetes being a possiblity. I will find out some time soon i guess.. she wants to talk to me more (her RN is the one who called me) apparently she has more to say to me and has a plan idk. I guess i will just wait and see. Thank you for your kind words :) :hug:

My mom takes a bus up to Bismark once a week, I could totally hide out in the luggage compartment and come give you a hug! As far as baking cookies, I actually know what you're talking about when it comes to light headedness. I noticed it actually because I don't eat before bed, like, ever, and DH always wants to bake at the ungoldy hour of like 3:00AM or something. Afterwards we take a shower, and the heat of the air (not the water, just the steam stuff) made me feel like my heart started racing, i got light headed and wanted to hurl. Solution? Have PowerAde Zero as soon as the cookies are baked...at least it worked for me, and it was Gatorade before the um, IP started. I vote your doctor become morbidly obese from all the fat WE are losing...then she can know what it feels like to be us. :hug: Regarding the happy skinny people...f* them ;) Some times it's easier to be sarcastic towards them and mock the teenie boppers in the mall that look anorexic for me...just saying...not that I'm going to H-E-hockeystick-hockeystick or anything. Keep us informed, you're in my prayers!

O that's a good tip.. i'll have to keep that in mind. In fact my fiance works for Coke, i'll have him bring some home to keep by the bed! :D
HAHA... yeah eff them all.. so sick of it LOL And I dont wish ill on anyone, so it boggles me that anyone (women) do it to other women, and as a dr... ugh i could just punch her in the throat for being so ignorant!

LOL - tell me what you REALLY think! Too bad you live so far north of Plano - I'd LOVE to hang out with you and b* about this over some drinks (IP RTDs of course)....

IP drinks, sounds fab.. i'll take mine on the rocks please! With a water chaser :) O i could B'tch for days.. especially lately LOL I feel like i have opened pandoras box in my head by even typing out my feeling this morning LOL So thank you.. if you are ever in the area... we should def. get together for those IP drinks!

DanafromAustin
07-03-2012, 04:05 PM

Love Salmon, eat it every week here. We are big Paleo/primal fans in our house. My husband and daughter follow a Paleo lifestyle and I will be doing that instead of phase 4 when I get to goal to maintain. My husband doesn't need to loose any weight, but he can't get over how much better he feels since eating that way. Of course our food bill has gone way up with buying all of the organic and grass fed beef products, but it's really worth it when you know you are eating so much better for your body.

Enjoy your vacation!

For those of you who live near Austin try genghis grill. You pick all you own ingredients so you control what you eat.

Hope those who have a WI today have a great one!
I juist saw one yesterday on my way into Central Market and wondered if that was a good place to eat. Thanks for the tip, we will definitely try it.

First, your doctor is an idiot, but of course you already figured that one out. Some people just talk through their you know whats and have no idea what they are saying. It was my doctor who first told me about IP, thankfully she has a clue.

I would find a "good" doctor and just get a full physical. I would bet you just aren't getting enough protein for how active you are. Last night I made the mistake (and it's happened to me before) that I forgot to have some protein before I worked out and didn't bring anything with me in the car. I was working out with my husband lifting weights, and I totally over did it. I just hit a wall, became nauseous and thought I was going to pass out. I made it home and had a good size portion of protein. My coach always tell me that some extra protein is not going to hurt you. And, making cookies can often be cardio ;), and your body was telling you that.

Hgamroth
07-03-2012, 04:06 PM
So Yesterday was day one of week 6 and I finally am trying some of the restricted foods. My coach didn't want me to use any restricted for the first 5 weeks as I am a serious carb addict. I also am giving up the bits of crystal light and switching to mio but doing it in servings. Went shopping yesterday and got some stevia for my rhubarb. I made a rhubarb chocolate pudding that was amazing. :)

Can you post your recipe for the rhubarb chocolate pudding please? That sounds amazing! I LOVE rhubarb and WF strawberry syrup. You are doing amazing on the program!

So sorry you are going through all of this. Way to stay OP! My suggestion would be to add another packet either right before or right after "cookies." I have had occasions of light headedness and now I make sure I am staying hydrated and if I am too active I add that 4th packet. Good Luck. Stay strong!

My car was covered in ash this morning from the fire. It is so devastating... I am praying for all who are affected by the fires in the US right now.

sweetsloan
07-03-2012, 04:07 PM

jwdesselle, I know all the clinics are not the same, but mine let me go to the shelves and read all the boxes and pick out what I want the first week, since then NO WAY. They will not let me buy by the packet, for they make more money selling the whole box. This makes me mad at $35.00 a box, I don't want to buy before I try something I can't stand. I have found a company from this blog where all the products are almost exact. (I think they are the same manufacture just under a separate label) http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/proti-thin.html?_vsrefdom=google3&gclid=COapsaCZ_rACFQZ5hwodl1wdig (http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/proti-thin.html?_vsrefdom=google3&gclid=COapsaCZ_rACFQZ5hwodl1wdig)
it is only $11.00 a box, so if it is bad It is not such a great loss. I have ordered a few things but not yet received them. I will go in to the clinic and Not place an order, wish me luck on how that will go!!!

mlucas
07-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Update-
I did get a call at lunch on my way to my IP WI appointment, and my blood work is all normal and my blood sugar was 82, no sign of diabetese like i thought, and just another nail in the coffin that my DR is a dumb b'tch. LOL in a nice way i mean. :) She wasn't in but had her RN call me to give me the results... but also had her inform me that she needs to talk to me more regarding... wonderful. I sit and wait... since tomorrow is the 4th i'm sure i wont hear from her till Monday. sigh... :/

AND THEN... i show up at my IP appt.. well guess what, my coach is not there. My new coach i should say. She cancelled my appt and did not think to tell me. Even though last tuesday i called to cancel my appointment since my car broke down and was getting fixed and i was not able to make it. She could not give the curtisy to call me and let me know that she was going to cancel the effin apt. Nice.. and she doesnt hae me scheduled till the 17th. Which is funny since i was supposed to be sceduled till the 9th. Since i book 4 weeks out. So i havent not seen a coach in 3 weeks! I couldnt even buy food. So ... again.. i'm a happy effin camper! :D and yes.. i'm breathing!

mlucas
07-03-2012, 04:14 PM
First, your doctor is an idiot, but of course you already figured that one out. Some people just talk through their you know whats and have no idea what they are saying. It was my doctor who first told me about IP, thankfully she has a clue.

I would find a "good" doctor and just get a full physical. I would bet you just aren't getting enough protein for how active you are. Last night I made the mistake (and it's happened to me before) that I forgot to have some protein before I worked out and didn't bring anything with me in the car. I was working out with my husband lifting weights, and I totally over did it. I just hit a wall, became nauseous and thought I was going to pass out. I made it home and had a good size portion of protein. My coach always tell me that some extra protein is not going to hurt you. And, making cookies can often be cardio ;), and your body was telling you that.

I agree she is. but you know now that i think about it. I had just finished my night time protien and hour before we started baking... that makes me wonder. .... hmm.. maybe i needed more.

So sorry you are going through all of this. Way to stay OP! My suggestion would be to add another packet either right before or right after "cookies." I have had occasions of light headedness and now I make sure I am staying hydrated and if I am too active I add that 4th packet. Good Luck. Stay strong!

Thanks.. Yeah i was just saying.. i had my night protien and hour before we had our bake off.. so i'm wondering if its an issue or maybe i just needed more. IDK.

Kaypix
07-03-2012, 04:22 PM
1st-Kudos to mom for joining :) My folks both went on Low Carb after seeing my success, not IP but more SouthBeach like, which is still better than nothing!
2nd-Regarding fish...I love love LOVE LOVE LOVE fish. I make tuna patties like miniature crab cake type things but with canned tuna, tilapia, salmon, halibut and cod I either cook them on the skillet (sooo easy to clean up) or bake them with EVOO, Mrs. Dash (non salt variety), some cayenne pepper and a bit of Old Bay. Omnonomnom...actually, our recipe section, 1st group (archive) pages like 3-6 are ALL devoted to fish...just so ya know :)

I show up at my IP appt.. well guess what, my coach is not there. My new coach i should say. She cancelled my appt and did not think to tell me. Even though last tuesday i called to cancel my appointment since my car broke down and was getting fixed and i was not able to make it. She could not give the curtisy to call me and let me know that she was going to cancel the effin apt. Nice.. and she doesnt hae me scheduled till the 17th. Which is funny since i was supposed to be sceduled till the 9th. Since i book 4 weeks out. So i havent not seen a coach in 3 weeks! I couldnt even buy food. So ... again.. i'm a happy effin camper! :D and yes.. i'm breathing!
I think you need a nap, and a good book, and an IP friendly dessert item of choice...yep that'd fix damn near anything. I can't believe your coach cancelled on you! Talk about sending the wrong message right?

Unwaver1ng
07-03-2012, 04:26 PM
I work for a company that does software for higher ed - so all my customers are colleges - visiting some of those cafs is always an interesting experience! are you at Univ of Illinois?

Yep! It hasn't quite been a year here, and despite the food issues, I love it!

reneepw
07-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Yep! It hasn't quite been a year here, and despite the food issues, I love it!

cool - U of I is a customer :) I love being in the education market.

jebaughman
07-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Back from WI and down an amasing 2 #. Thanks for sending woosh fairy. I was afraid I had gained a pound. I have upped my water and it seems to be helping.
Have a fun 4th everyone. And stay OP.

Kaypix
07-03-2012, 05:25 PM
jebaughman - congratulations! So glad that you were successful!

haddy4
07-03-2012, 05:28 PM

How about scrambled eggs with mushrooms and peppers :)

redhead14
07-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Update-
I did get a call at lunch on my way to my IP WI appointment, and my blood work is all normal and my blood sugar was 82, no sign of diabetese like i thought, and just another nail in the coffin that my DR is a dumb b'tch. LOL in a nice way i mean. :) She wasn't in but had her RN call me to give me the results... but also had her inform me that she needs to talk to me more regarding... wonderful. I sit and wait... since tomorrow is the 4th i'm sure i wont hear from her till Monday. sigh... :/

AND THEN... i show up at my IP appt.. well guess what, my coach is not there. My new coach i should say. She cancelled my appt and did not think to tell me. Even though last tuesday i called to cancel my appointment since my car broke down and was getting fixed and i was not able to make it. She could not give the curtisy to call me and let me know that she was going to cancel the effin apt. Nice.. and she doesnt hae me scheduled till the 17th. Which is funny since i was supposed to be sceduled till the 9th. Since i book 4 weeks out. So i havent not seen a coach in 3 weeks! I couldnt even buy food. So ... again.. i'm a happy effin camper! :D and yes.. i'm breathing!
What clinic are you going to? I have referred people in Bismarck to a clinic and am a little worried if it is the same one!! Wish you were closer to Fargo, my clinic ROCKS!!

Kaypix
07-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Read this daily joke on a blog, it made me chuckle...

A group of girlfriends are on vacation when they see a 5- story hotel with a sign that reads: "For Women Only." Since they are without their boyfriends and husbands, they decide to go in.

The bouncer, a very attractive guy, explains to them how it works. "We have 5 floors. Go up floor-by-floor, and once you find what you are looking for, you can stay there. It’s easy to decide since each floor has a sign telling you what’s inside."

So they start going up and on the first floor the sign reads:"All the men on this floor are short and plain." The friends laugh and without hesitation move on to the next floor.

The sign on the second floor reads: "All the men here are short and handsome." Still, this isn’t good enough, so the friends continue on up.

They reach the third floor and the sign reads: "All the men here are tall and plain." They still want to do better, and so, knowing there are still two floors left, they continued on up.

On the fourth floor, the sign is perfect: "All the men here are tall and handsome." The women get all excited and are going in when they realize that there is still one floor left. Wondering what they are missing, they head on up to the fifth floor.

There they find a sign that reads: "There are no men here. This floor was built only to prove that there is no way to please a woman."

jebaughman
07-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Someone asked about shrimp sauce. WF makes one that is good if you add some horseradish to it.

Porthardygurl
07-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Good Afternoon to everyone...Boy i sure am worried about my fellow Colorodites...I lived in Colorod0 for 4 months while going to a bible school..I lived out at Eaglerock...which is not far from Arvada ...So stay safe my peeps...

Well Hubby weighed me this morning even though it wasnt weigh in day..because we were wondering if i made it out of the 300's cause i was one pound away...and the results: BYE BYE 300LAND!!!This makes me sooo very happy!!!!! It officially makes it 16 pounds down in 4 weeks and 2 days. Woot Woot!!!

In answer to the question about home or work...because im a stay at home mom...i live at home all day long...Most days, its easy because i have a schedule and a routine and i know exactly when i wake up in the morning, what i am going to eat...So i stick to that... If i start craving..i just start downing water...Usually about a litre of water down and any cravings i had, has dissapeared...I guess you just learn that you cant escape food...but it doesnt mean you should eat whats in sight.

Anywho..Happy OP to you all!

patns
07-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Thank you and I am doing the best i can :) Thank you for the support.

I'm not on my own computer so not reading all the thread and others have likely posted in response.

but just want to say you have been through a lot lately and I recognize your coping strategy; " stay strong for everyone else". Then when the straw that broke the camel's back arrives things really crash.

You certainly do need a full medical to rule out many things. The thing I would check quickly is your blood pressure. Mine was on the low end of average even when I was over 200 pounds. While on IP I took my blood pressure readings every few days. I get really dizzy and disorientated, things like a hot bath really add to it. Once hubby had to pick me up off the floor when I had a hot bath then went to get into bed.

Your "cardio" along with the heat may cause these symptoms.

Tell your "helpful" doctor that as soon as your official skinny b*tches card arrives in the mail you'll take her advice on losing weight.

My son had been working with a trainer at his gym and following a "clean" type of diet which actually meant he was eating similiar to what I was on IP. he got in great shape very quickly. Then the trainer referred him to a dietician at the gym. He paid $200, she gave him an eating plan following the food guide based on grains for fibre. The weight is back in the blink of an eye an now he is working on his original plan. So the "experts" don't always know what is best, you can judge that best for yourself.

I hope you soon get to the bottom of what is causing these issues soon.

But seriously, do you really think you can handle your brand of making cookies and reading 50 shades of grey at the same time???? May be too much of a good thing all around.:o

cskristin
07-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi Everyone! First time posting here. Today is my 2nd week WI and I am SoOo Excited! I'm feeling better, my clothes aren't binding, and people are starting to give me that "look." You know, that look that says something's changed about you, but I can't quite figure it out and I better not say something because it might not be the right thing and maybe you've been sick and losing weight because of that and and and... Makes me laugh!

DenverGal
07-03-2012, 07:09 PM
To answer the question -- doesn't matter if I am at home or at work, it's almost always a matter of boredom. And it happened...I have 1 more hour until I can leave for the day (and a day off), but have already wrapped thing up, so what did I do? Snuck a piece of the Zucchini bread someone brought in! Is it going to kill me or the diet, probably not, am I frustrated that even though I didn't feel hungry (though I probably am, I haven't rated for 4 hours) and I was bored I let that bring my willpower down? yeah. And I had been doing so good this week about not stressing about the diet....

mlucas
07-03-2012, 07:12 PM
I think you need a nap, and a good book, and an IP friendly dessert item of choice...yep that'd fix damn near anything. I can't believe your coach cancelled on you! Talk about sending the wrong message right?

I completely agree! O and i got a good book! LOL Yeah i find it odd too... i'm actually very disapointed. And after i met with my fiance and he brought up just doing it myself i have been so far for the last few weeks. But i immediatly thought of you and was going to contact you and talk to you about how you are doing it. Im seriously taking it into concideration. I miss my old clinich :( lol But i really dont want to put up with the bs. I'm over them all LOL But on a good note.. going to see MAGIC MIKE tonight with some ladies! Very excited! LOL :D It's funny one of the ladies at work here said, "sad that Matthew McC is the uglies person in the movie... i cant wait to see it" LMAO

What clinic are you going to? I have referred people in Bismarck to a clinic and am a little worried if it is the same one!! Wish you were closer to Fargo, my clinic ROCKS!!

Umm it's Bismarck Family Clinic or somthing..it's a ciro place. SO far.. i'm not that fond. The lady is great.. but after this.. im left not with the taste of ketosis but bitterness! LOL I feel like it's me, like they are just mean to mean. The lady did not seem interested in helpin me at all.. quite frustrating. Ive seen them be sooo nice to others, but i seem to get the brunt no matter how nice i come off. Annoyed. lol

I'm not on my own computer so not reading all the thread and others have likely posted in response.

but just want to say you have been through a lot lately and I recognize your coping strategy; " stay strong for everyone else". Then when the straw that broke the camel's back arrives things really crash.

You certainly do need a full medical to rule out many things. The thing I would check quickly is your blood pressure. Mine was on the low end of average even when I was over 200 pounds. While on IP I took my blood pressure readings every few days. I get really dizzy and disorientated, things like a hot bath really add to it. Once hubby had to pick me up off the floor when I had a hot bath then went to get into bed.

Your "cardio" along with the heat may cause these symptoms.

Tell your "helpful" doctor that as soon as your official skinny b*tches card arrives in the mail you'll take her advice on losing weight.

My son had been working with a trainer at his gym and following a "clean" type of diet which actually meant he was eating similiar to what I was on IP. he got in great shape very quickly. Then the trainer referred him to a dietician at the gym. He paid $200, she gave him an eating plan following the food guide based on grains for fibre. The weight is back in the blink of an eye an now he is working on his original plan. So the "experts" don't always know what is best, you can judge that best for yourself.

I hope you soon get to the bottom of what is causing these issues soon.

But seriously, do you really think you can handle your brand of making cookies and reading 50 shades of grey at the same time???? May be too much of a good thing all around.:o

Yeah i actually have low to normal low BP too. infact yesterday it was 110/70 i think. Which is kinda on the high side LOL even through labor i dont think my bp got very high and the RN's were concerned LOL But yeah i also have issues with hot water. I dont even think about hot tubs you kidding me?! I wish.. i dont see the joy cus i always get fant. lol full physical is on the list and i am actually doing it on the 13th. I hear ya.. no all experts know what the eff they are talking about.
LOL yeah maybe one or the other huh... :) lol
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time .. means alot. :)
BW... its funny how we do cope and how we recognize our own traits in someone else... i can call it.. but it's so hard to call it on ourself.. i'm working on it :) again.. thank you! :D :hug:

wuv2bloved
07-03-2012, 07:20 PM
How about scrambled eggs with mushrooms and peppers :)

That would work as well:)

redhead14
07-03-2012, 07:22 PM
mlucas----sadly not the first time I've heard not good things about that clinic. Dakota Family Chiro is the one that Ive referred people too.

Unwaver1ng
07-03-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm running out of veggies but do have a packet of frozen spinach in the freezer. Anyone have exciting ideas for cooking with this?

~Jenni

Beanie Mommy
07-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Hi all,

First, all of you with pics are looking fabulously skinny! I've been on a break for a few weeks, and the difference is totally showing!

Second, it's good news/bad news time... Bad news is I've also taken a break from IP, but back on it. Good news - I was able to stay at the same weight, which is almost unbelievable, considering I went on a fruit eating spree. Done with that until goal time bc I hate what my body does with carbs.

More good news... I believe I may be in a relationship :) Met a great guy! He's a ton of fun to talk to and he is so sweet and attentive, too. I've never had that level of attention before. I've been missing out! Besides being perfectly wonderful and fun he supports my lo carb life. He's making me bunless burgers and salad for July 4th while he and our collection of kids will just have regular
Burgers. I made dinner for him the other day, and he asked me if I did a lo carb thing I told him that's right. He says cool, no problem, will happily eat whatever I eat :) he may be a keeper, yay!

With this added support I feel confident I can keep my restart going. So happy, I'm not hungry much anyway.

Happy Independence Day tomorrow!

jebaughman
07-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Beanie Mommie- Can you box up some of that will power dust. I would pay good money for some of that. Wish it was that simple-- we would all be skinny!!!

fam4me
07-03-2012, 09:02 PM

~Jenni

Be careful waiting too long. Twice now I have gotten light headed and dizzy, nauseated, and almost passed out because I wasn't hungry. Kind of sneaks up on you.

aimeed3
07-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Hey everyone! I am back from my first weeks WI and

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Thats 1 carrot for every lb I lost this week!!! WHOHHOOOOO I am loving IP right now!!

P.S. Thats 12 carrots, LOL

IPdivajen
07-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Aimeed, congrats on that awesome first weigh in. Feels amazing, doesn't it!? Wooo hooooo!!! :)

I'm just back from WI and happy to report that I lost 4.4 this week - I'm a loser again! :D After last week's zero it's so awesome to see progress again.

Ravenswood2012
07-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Hey everyone! I am back from my first weeks WI and

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Thats 1 carrot for every lb I lost this week!!! WHOHHOOOOO I am loving IP right now!!

P.S. Thats 12 carrots, LOL

:congrat: :) :bravo: :) :congrat: :) :bravo: :)

aimeed3
07-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Thank you thank you!! I am so happy to have all you wonderful people to be so supportive, motivating and inspirational!!!

willsmashfat
07-03-2012, 09:52 PM

First off, don't panic and jump to conclusions! Have you checked your blood pressure? Mine has dropped very low from doing IP - in to the caution zone - and I have felt dizzy and passed out. Now I have to drinl even more water and take in ore salt.
There is no point in worrying - you will deal with the facts once you know them. Worry never makes anything better.
I know how hard you have been working to stay on this diet and that you are doing the best thing for your health. I am sure that there is a reasonable explanation for your symptoms. You will get through this!! :hug:
Will

Chloe222
07-03-2012, 09:57 PM

Your chocolate IP shake or black coffee with some RTD vanilla shake.

Chloe222
07-03-2012, 10:03 PM

My coach got me on that one in the beginning when I had salmon 3x in one week...oopsy! I love it!

LOL - you better be diligent about keeping track of what clothes fit and get lined up for the next size down - it goes FAST. There were tops I'd been 'saving' for when they fit that are now too large, and I never even got to wear them. I'm planning on doing a closet re-org based on sizing this weekend, so I at least have a better chance at catching the next downsize. And talk about denial - you know you should upsize when you rip the seam in a pair of jeans...

I only work part-time (9-3), it's definitely easier for me to stick to the routine at work, since my home routine can get out of whack based on weather. Example, I take my son out everyday to play after my 4pm snack, but if it's raining we stay home and I have to fight my boredom binge urge.
Perhaps you could wear those large tops when pregnant, yes?

DanafromAustin
07-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Some great WI's today, congrats everyone! :bravo:

LizRR
07-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Aimeed, congrats on that awesome first weigh in. Feels amazing, doesn't it!? Wooo hooooo!!! :)

I'm just back from WI and happy to report that I lost 4.4 this week - I'm a loser again! :D After last week's zero it's so awesome to see progress again.

YEAH! You knew it was coming...at least I did! Don't let that stupid scale get you down again! That is an envious WI! I've been wanting to give you a big hug all week...

Perhaps you could wear those large tops when pregnant, yes?

Yes! I have saved the 'cute' ones off to the side, my previous maternity wear...not too sure they would work this next time around!

Diana B
07-03-2012, 10:43 PM
WI today, down 3 more lbs. and 1.25 inches, I love IP!:D:dance::cloud9: And, just about to ONEderland!

IPdivajen
07-03-2012, 11:00 PM
YEAH! You knew it was coming...at least I did! Don't let that stupid scale get you down again! That is an envious WI! I've been wanting to give you a big hug all week...

Aw, thanks! Stoopid scale indeed. Will keep taking deep breaths and try not to let it bug me. Easier said than done but still!

Kaypix
07-03-2012, 11:26 PM
I completely agree! O and i got a good book! LOL Yeah i find it odd too... i'm actually very disapointed. And after i met with my fiance and he brought up just doing it myself i have been so far for the last few weeks. But i immediatly thought of you and was going to contact you and talk to you about how you are doing it. Im seriously taking it into concideration. I miss my old clinich :( lol But i really dont want to put up with the bs. I'm over them all LOL But on a good note.. going to see MAGIC MIKE tonight with some ladies! Very excited! LOL :D It's funny one of the ladies at work here said, "sad that Matthew McC is the uglies person in the movie... i cant wait to see it" LMAO
Any time you wanna chat we sure can, I can even text (omg!) lol! Let us know how Magic Mike is, I am totally considering taking my mom for a chic flick night :D

Be careful waiting too long. Twice now I have gotten light headed and dizzy, nauseated, and almost passed out because I wasn't hungry. Kind of sneaks up on you.
The first thing I notice (which is weird) is I start getting snappy, but I'm still not hungry, just irritable, but it's super weird because I snap but I'm not ACTUALLY mad about anything :S I hate that! As soon as I catch myself getting short with someone, it's time for a shake, of a half a shake if it's not normal meal time.

foxxybrown
07-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Foxxy: I'm so sorry you're having an "ugh" type of day :( I know the feeling about the "you should only lose 1-2 lbs / week" but those diets aren't Ketogenic diets that follow that rule. I think of it like this; it doesn't matter how fast I lose it, as long as I slow down enough to hit maintenance. If people can get liposuctioned 10 lbs at a time or whatever, then I can lose 10 lbs in 3-4 weeks without feeling guilty.

Thanks, that is true, along with those on the Biggest Loser lose quickly.

Foxxy,
I would go take a nap if I were feeling as you do. I do have days like that. Another good thing would be to go to a bookstore and find something really interesting to read and just lose yourself in a fun book. Keep drinking your water and just spend time recouping and regrouping. These times can be viewed as special times, time when you need to just step back and do nothing. I'm willing to bet you rarely do nothing, you are probably up and about, going and doing, all the time. Take this time as a mini vacation.

Maybe I should read "50 Shades of Grey!" LOL!!!!

I undstand that worry. I just keep reminding myself that this is highly recommended by my clinic and my doctor has done it as well herself. My advice to you is to focus on one day at a time (original, right?) also, let yourself of the hook. You can have a down day today! Go back to bed, read a book, or veg out in front of the TV.
~Jenni

Wish I could go to bed, but I had to work the entire day until 9pm.

Foxxybrown...

Stick with this. You body is telling you to rest! You are doing great. The AMAZING energy will come....I promise!!!! It took a while for me. I did not feel like a rock star until I was in to my second month...and now, YAY...I feel AMAZING!!!! You really need to listen to your body. Accept that you feel BLAH, have some salt, drink water, and try to relax! Blah is not from IP...it is from your body making changes and dealing with the healthy plan you are on! Believe in yourself and believe in your body!!!! You got this!!!!

WI today, down 3 more lbs. and 1.25 inches, I love IP!:D:dance::cloud9: And, just about to ONEderland!

I'm the same weight too!!! Just 4 more pounds!!!

Well, I worked all day and the day got better for me. Feeling better. Just had to deal with a crazy ex, but other than that it was better. I'm just resting and waiting for my weigh in on Thursday. I rather be at a healthy weight than to let people bother me about my methods. I have to do it for me. But hopefully you all with have a happy 4th!! I know I plan too!

LindseyTradeChic
07-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Hey everyone! I'm on day 2! I'm looking for some ladies to chat with about the diet to keep me going!

Kaypix
07-03-2012, 11:41 PM
So I made it through my day, and I can't tell you all how proud I am right now. So I took pics of the fact that I did the 2nd bedroom and turned it into the pet room last night (see pics from yesterday's thread) and I said I was gonna turn my master bedroom into an oasis and make it clean and beautiful, AND I DID! I even cleaned my master bathroom so it's not all furry (need to do the rugs still but can't wash/dry due to the flipping heat).

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/51886dc0.jpg

Not only that, but I cleaned out my closet, getting a ton of stuff ready to go to Goodwill and get donated...on second thought, anyone need business casual stuff size 14 skirts/pants, also have size large and 1x shirts...oh and the pants are all size LONG (cuz I be a leggy woman!). So here's the NSV...i was cleaning out my closet and I came across my wedding reception dress. Yes I wore two dresses the night of my wedding; a traditional one with train which is vacuum boxed or whatever, and a marilyn monroe style slinky piece (I was 21, give a girl a break! lol). So I had a wild hair up my a** and decided to try the dress on. I know I can't wear size 10 pants, but hey whatever right? THE DRESS FITS! Well, almost, up to my breasts, which I know have grown since the age of 21 lol! Here's me when I was 21 in the dress (yes DH is singing to me)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/TheDance.jpg

Here's my "actual" wedding dress I wore the first 10 minutes of the reception before stepping all over myself...

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/01menmeilin.jpg

Yes I' going down memory lane tonight apparently...7 years ago...it'll be 8 next March.

And yes I cut the dang tag off so I don't know what size the actual dress is, but this tells me that I am nearing the point of the year of my marriage...one year before the reception...holy crap!

Sorry I just had to get all this out there while my excitement is fresh!

Kaypix
07-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Hey everyone! I'm on day 2! I'm looking for some ladies to chat with about the diet to keep me going!

Welcome to the forums Lindsey, this place is absolutely awesome and an essential part of succeeding in IP.

IPdivajen
07-03-2012, 11:55 PM
kaykpix, talk about your non scale victory! How awesome is that?!

pmg0036
07-04-2012, 12:05 AM
I have lost 8 lbs so far on W1 of IP diet. I hope to lose 12 more in two weeks. We'll see how it goes!!!!

lkp888
07-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone can help me. I just bought the IP Collagen and I'm wondering how to take it. I've been told two different ways. First one is I can take it everyday and it doesn't replace a packet and second is only take it every second day and it does replace a packet. Please help!

willsmashfat
07-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Ipdivajen - Shannon, the new pic is awesome! You look great!

Longhorn Energy
07-04-2012, 04:54 AM
So I made it through my day, and I can't tell you all how proud I am right now. So I took pics of the fact that I did the 2nd bedroom and turned it into the pet room last night (see pics from yesterday's thread) and I said I was gonna turn my master bedroom into an oasis and make it clean and beautiful, AND I DID! I even cleaned my master bathroom so it's not all furry (need to do the rugs still but can't wash/dry due to the flipping heat).

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/51886dc0.jpg

Not only that, but I cleaned out my closet, getting a ton of stuff ready to go to Goodwill and get donated...on second thought, anyone need business casual stuff size 14 skirts/pants, also have size large and 1x shirts...oh and the pants are all size LONG (cuz I be a leggy woman!). So here's the NSV...i was cleaning out my closet and I came across my wedding reception dress. Yes I wore two dresses the night of my wedding; a traditional one with train which is vacuum boxed or whatever, and a marilyn monroe style slinky piece (I was 21, give a girl a break! lol). So I had a wild hair up my a** and decided to try the dress on. I know I can't wear size 10 pants, but hey whatever right? THE DRESS FITS! Well, almost, up to my breasts, which I know have grown since the age of 21 lol! Here's me when I was 21 in the dress (yes DH is singing to me)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/TheDance.jpg

Here's my "actual" wedding dress I wore the first 10 minutes of the reception before stepping all over myself...

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/pandoraeternity/01menmeilin.jpg

Yes I' going down memory lane tonight apparently...7 years ago...it'll be 8 next March.

And yes I cut the dang tag off so I don't know what size the actual dress is, but this tells me that I am nearing the point of the year of my marriage...one year before the reception...holy crap!

Sorry I just had to get all this out there while my excitement is fresh!

Those pics are great but im waiting for the chaps pic in Sturgis....just sayin

IPdivajen
07-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Ipdivajen - Shannon, the new pic is awesome! You look great!

Thanks so much!!! :)

Ravenswood2012
07-04-2012, 10:19 AM

:welcome: AND :goodluck:

Ravenswood2012
07-04-2012, 10:21 AM
I have lost 8 lbs so far on W1 of IP diet. I hope to lose 12 more in two weeks. We'll see how it goes!!!!

:goodluck:!!!!!

IPdivajen
07-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone can help me. I just bought the IP Collagen and I'm wondering how to take it. I've been told two different ways. First one is I can take it everyday and it doesn't replace a packet and second is only take it every second day and it does replace a packet. Please help!

I answered your question in today's daily thread, just in case you come back looking for a response! :)

And you look fan-freakin-tastic, by the way! Congrats!!

LizRR
07-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Those pics are great but im waiting for the chaps pic in Sturgis....just sayin

Iced coffee...out the nose!

evepet
07-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Aw, thanks! Stoopid scale indeed. Will keep taking deep breaths and try not to let it bug me. Easier said than done but still!

Fantastic! Just noticed that you got your scale moving down again! :hug: Love your new pic.

Love the pics! What a difference. Great job.

Ramjet254
07-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Update-

I'm just beginning and am so grateful that my very good friend is a PA and in charge of the IP program at their clinic. I wish everyone could have a good friend in health care!