Support Groups - Slow Dancing With A Stranger {13} "Please, Save The Last Dance For Me"

K9Owner
07-03-2012, 02:22 AM
Hi Everyone :wave:
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

:yes: This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
:yes: I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
:yes: One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
:yes: I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
:yes: I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
:yes: I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

This will be the last thread I begin under this title!

The journey over the past year has been a very rewarding and educational one for me.
I have had the privilege of meeting so many different people through this thread with very similar struggles.
It has been a year of progression for so many of us.
I am glad to have been able to share a small glimpse into each of your lives.

So, without further adieu....
May I have this last dance with you?

K9Owner
07-03-2012, 02:37 AM
Where to even begin?

The summer is going by so quickly. Winter seemed to creep by. I have been working so much lately, my days are running together. It is busier than usual for this time of year.

On the fitness front…
Last week, my 21 yr old niece wanted to workout with me, so I took her to the gym. We did a minor routine of mine, which involved stairs, arms, and legs--about an hour and 20 min worth. Each time we did a different exercise, she complained :lol:
I'll have to give her a little leeway; she has been in nursing school for 3 yrs…but still.
I thought I was easy on her & defo on myself, but the next few days after the workout, she complained of arm soreness. She said she couldn't even shake a ketchup bottle :lol:

My eating is about the same, I guess. I feel like I am doing an involuntary "reset", like you ((JO)).
I am maintaining my weight. So I guess I am doing enough physical activity to burn off the extra cals I'm eating.

I've been at the pool as much as possible over the past 2 weeks. It has been 100-110F here :sunny:
Not a cloud in sight!! Just my kind of weather ;)

Hope you all are having a great week.

Anyone have plans for the 4th?
I don't. I have to work Thurs, Fri, & Sun, which put me out for going camping or anything fun like that!
I am supposed to go to FL in a couple of weeks…we'll see how that goes. I certainly would love to go to the beach!! :beach:

ItsMyTurn
07-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Krystal - I have been watching your MFP posts and it seems like work is taking up a ton of your time.
Plans for the 4th? Not here. We were going to go to the local park where they have a town BBQ and fireworks, but can't do that now

My DD is home from surgery, and we have implemented intensive in-home PT. She is still anemic and not supposed to leave the house for 2 wks unless to go to dr. appointment due to infection opportunities to her incision/new knee. So we are all hunkering down for a bit. Hoping after work today, to have my first workout since Wednesday night... almost a full week, so will give myself an "ease into it" allowance if I find I need it...if not - then full speed ahead :)

Kristiina, Alaskan, Jo - Hi :wave:

Sum38
07-04-2012, 04:35 PM
:cry: Last one? :cry:

Sum38
07-04-2012, 04:39 PM
We lost power for 24 hours. We had a wicked storm last night. No plans for the 4th besides chill out and try to stay cool. -- When it is 95 F outside and internet is down; life is good :) We actually played some board games :yikes:

Sending hugs to your DD, Star!!

I have worked out like a maniac. Scale shows numbers between 143-146...so ladies.... you won't be here for me when I hit 130 and start my metabolic reset? I am so bummed out :( :( :( J0 any big tips doing it?

alaskanlaughter
07-04-2012, 08:57 PM
aww i wish it wasnt the last thread :( i quit posting for a very long time because of computer problems and only came back because i was invited to this thread

i was off-track with eating a little bit this weekend, friday night and saturday....got back on plan sunday and was doing well until last night...i knew it was coming, a big fourth of july fire and food and fireworks...i ate a ton of crappy foods last night and also this morning...FAR too much sugar in particular...i'm feeling it now...by the time i was home this afternoon, i felt physically ill and tired :( i laid down for a long time, slept a little, and need to get rid of the sugar in my system....i know it's NOT from lack of sleep or anything else, it's totally from eating crap food...

i took some Tums and am going to the gym next...not for a huge dose of cardio or anything, but i'm going to lift some weights on the machines and try to feel a little better...then i'm going to yet another cookout and pray to god i dont shove any more food in my stomach :( ughhhh

K9Owner
07-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Kristiina: If we lost power for 24 hrs in our heat, people would seriously die! Even at night, it's very hot here.

Alaskan: Lucky you about going to cookouts! Do you know, I did not even manage ONE SINGLE BBQ! I basked in the pool for 3 days straight! It was too hot to do anything more :sunny:

I am working Thurs, Fri, Sun :carrot:
My time at the pool for this week is officially over.
DH joined me yesterday poolside. How about he looks like a lobster today and I look the same as I did at the beginning of the week!! :tantrum:
He stole all my sun!! :lol:

ItsMyTurn
07-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Krystal - I am sure there was sun enough for both of you... just maybe you had a better base tan first? My father used to do that though, darken 10X more than me in the same dang amount of time and I would be all "what went wrong?" :lol:

Alaskan - Sorry you feel so crappy after eating the junk, but glad you had a great fireworks time! Isn't it amazing how now things make us feel icky and used to be normal part of our diet?

Kristiina - I think that is great that you are so unbelievably close to where you are going to do the metabolic reset :) You have worked so hard and deserve to just be plain ecstatic at what you see when you look in a mirror :)

jomatho
07-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Hi girls, sorry I have been absent, just busy with life.

Alaskan, as far as lifting, you want to max out around 10, but you want to do a few sets probably, with a minute or so between sets. There are all kinds of ways to do reps/sets to maximize your time. Doing exercises in groups of 2-4, one set of each and then go back and do another set or two in the same order. Did that make sense? Lots of info online if you google it.

Sum, sounds like you have a good plan! No, our pool wasn't the problem, it was the hot water heater. They didn't come until the next morning because they forgot about us, grrrrr! Not sure I have any tips about a reset. Just make sure you are prepared mentally, it is definitely a metal battle. Physically, it is pretty easy to eat more and work out a little less, lol. I highly recommend the group on mfp, it has been a great source of information and inspiration for me. I can't believe how my thinking has completely turned around all due to that group. I am a changed person. I will be there for you when you reset!!!

Star, hope DD is doing well. It certainly is not easy watching your children go through things like that. Praying this gives her the relief she needs. Make sure you take care of yourself too. Congrats on your good grades so far!!!

K9, That is awesome that you are able to reset too! It is a liberating feeling, especially this time of year. Are you still running? That was funny about your niece and the ketchup bottle!

AFM, I am officially finished with 8 weeks of resetting, which is what is recommended. I will start my cut on Monday, but I am only going to cut by about 10%. I wanted to do 15%, but I also want to add back in a little bit of cardio and I don't want to do too much and shock my body into thinking it is going to starve again, so I will try 10% with the extra cardio first and see if I can lose at that. I am really interested to see what happens. I will keep you guys informed.

alaskanlaughter
07-05-2012, 08:28 PM
thank you jo :) right now i'm doing 10 reps per set and i do feel pretty maxed out at the end of 10...i take a short breather, than do another set of 10...the most i do is 3 sets in a row on the same muscles, then i switch to a different machine for a few sets...and i'm also running still

ItsMyTurn
07-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Jo - Look at you!!!! So happy you made it through it and so very glad you found a group with similar lines of thought to derive the determination with :) Did you stay away from a scale the whole time? Do you still workout as intensely as before? I know I ask a lot of questions, just my inquisitive mind gets the best of me and I am unfamiliar with it all

Alaskan - Glad to hear the lifting is going well. I love lifting as it makes me overall feel stronger :)

Serious ab work last night (forgot to log in MFP for it) but know I was within my caloric range at the end...so I'm good there. Looking forward to the weekend. My 2 new classes are starting Monday and I am not prepped as much as I would like to be, so going to organize this weekend and throw in some extra workouts for good measure too! Should be a good stress-relieving time by doing that. Already told DH that I am not using a program this weekend... going to just push myself and see where I am at. As tense as I have been, I am also feeling the need to just "go"... so going to run until I collapse, and lift the same way - it's almost the same effect on me as meditation is to others. Isn't it odd how the things we turn to in stress are so much different now then before we got serious about health? Makes me chuckle... in the old days, it would have been a pint of lactose-free ice cream and lots of chocolate.... now it's cardio and strength...say what? LOL

alaskanlaughter
07-09-2012, 11:47 AM
same old same old here....working out...trying to eat on plan...had a good busy weekend

prayers please for my dear friend's husband who was in a bad wreck...i think he was on his motorcycle but i'm not sure...she said his injuries include
- shattered shoulder blade and collarbone
- multiple broken ribs right side punctured lung right
- 2 broken ribs left
- broken sternum
- several vertebrae broken

ItsMyTurn
07-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Consider prayers being said Alaskan. So sorry to hear

K9Owner
07-10-2012, 04:46 AM
same old same old here....working out...trying to eat on plan...had a good busy weekend

prayers please for my dear friend's husband who was in a bad wreck...i think he was on his motorcycle but i'm not sure...she said his injuries include
- shattered shoulder blade and collarbone
- multiple broken ribs right side punctured lung right
- 2 broken ribs left
- broken sternum
- several vertebrae broken

Praying for your friend and her spouse. Godspeed healing to him!

K9Owner
07-11-2012, 01:29 PM
It's been a great week for me, although--I did skip my workout Monday.
I made up for it Tues, but I really need another day of legs this week.
I work Thurs, Sat, Sun.
So, I may have to squeeze it in late Friday night--we'll see.
Hope everyone is doing well and having a great week.

Where are you all?

Sum38
07-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Woot Krystal!

My weight is staying steady 145-147. I am not really trying to shed weight right now, taking a mental break. I am off to Chicago for a few days :carrot:

I am keeping up my walking, elliptical and upper body toning.

I hope everyone is feeling happy and healthy!

K9Owner
07-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Kristiina:Hope you have fun while you're in The Windy City. Anything special going on?

Sum38
07-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Our anniversary :love: and in Chi Town.....International food festival. Yum.

alaskanlaughter
07-12-2012, 11:47 PM
how do you keep calories down when your days are SO long?

i am up by 5:30 a.m. and going all day long, busy, and get to sleep by 10:30-11 p.m. Every Day!...i'm trying to keep my calories around 1500 but have continually been going over that...i'm doing heavy weights on the machines and have been getting hungry!

here is what i had today:
- bite of PB at 5:45 a.m.
- protein shake at 8 a.m.
- sugar free blended coffee at 11 a.m.
- greek yogurt/PB with half an apple at 1 p.m.
- spinach and a sausage at 2:30 p.m.
- corndog at 3 p.m. (the ONLY unhealthy item all day)
- greek yogurt and granola
- few bites of SF pudding
- few bites of chips (i was getting hungry)
- protein shake (because i needed to eat something before i ate all the chips lol)

TOTAL: 2025(!!!)

i find that my body likes some food about every two hours...doesn't have to be much food, just something...i try to focus on healthy choices...i do NOT like eating three solid meals a day, it upsets my stomach and i feel WAY full and i just dont like it...

how do you cut calories down while being up for 17 hours or so a day?? is this normal? is this linked to weight training?

ETA: my workout included 4 sets of 10 reps each ab crunches pulling down 110 pounds and 3 sets of 10 reps each arms at 85 pounds and 3 sets arms at 40 pounds...normally i go back to the ab crunches but someone else was on there...and THEN i went up on the treadmill for 26 minutes and ran a mile and a half at 5.5 speed in intervals...it said i burned 210 calories but i work so hard on that, that i am dripping in sweat halfway through like usual

ETA 2.0: i also am on my feet for 5 hours at work ( i work part time this summer) monitoring students in rooms, activities, playground, lunchroom and today we went on a long walk with them)...i also am on my feet doing house cleaning at home, running errands etc...

Sum38
07-15-2012, 09:04 PM
I had so much fun in Chicago that I am going back for a few days. I am excited :D

ItsMyTurn
07-16-2012, 07:35 AM
Kristiina - that's so awesome!It sounds like you really enjoyed it )

Alaskan - I understand the busy schedule. I find the only time I really have issues with going over calories is right before/at the start of, TTOM. I have no doubt you will get that so it's more second nature then it is now though :)

Krystal - :wave: Hey girl!!! Hope you have a great day!

Sum38
07-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Miss everyone!
Jo, did you weigh in? How is your reset minus 10% going?
Star Looking FAB!!!!!!

ItsMyTurn
07-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Sum - You are far too sweet, thank you so much.

Jo - been awhile since we heard on your progress

Alaskan - How are you holding up with your busy schedule?

Krystal - You are due back soon... hope you are having an awesome vacation!

K9Owner
07-21-2012, 05:43 AM
Sorry I have been MIA on this thread. I am at the beach! It has rained every single day, but there have been a few breaks in the clouds for me to get a little sun in :sunny:
Hope everyone is doing well on their plans. I am not doing so great. I weighed before I came to the beach. I really shouldn't have done that :cry:

I have to stop working so much in order to get my fitness goals back on track, but that will not be until after September.

At least the weight lifting is going smoothly. I feel I am getting stronger every week, so that's a plus for me!

Miss you all!

Sum38
07-21-2012, 07:00 AM
Have fun Krystal!! Maybe a litlle rain is actually welcomed after that huge heatwave!

I have been traveling too much and eating too much and scale went to 150 :mad: SO back on plan. -- I am doing 4 day flat belly cure jumpstart and the 28 day program. Need to get back on track. Hardest part will be eating bfast, but oh well....need to get rid off this bloat.

K9Owner
07-21-2012, 07:41 AM
Kristiina: A rainy day at the beach beats a sunny day in Memphis--ANY DAY!!!
However, I am not welcoming all of this rain! I hate it actually!!
I am in the bloat boat with you, but at this point, can I say it is all bloat????
Probably not.
I feel disgusting! My abs are a mess, & I am struggling to find a way back to my healthier lifestyle.
I need a new direction. I need some new routines. I need to get myself back to my clean eating routine.

ItsMyTurn
07-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Kristiina and Krystal - I have total confidence that the both of you will find your way back. You are both the ones that have provided such inspiration for me :)

jomatho
07-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Helllllloooooo! Sorry about my absence, I have been trying to enjoy my summer between the busy schedule we still have going on. I have been enjoying it a little too much, if you know what I mean!
I am in the bloated boat with you all and expecting TOM any day now. My plan is to start my cut this week, I keep putting it off week after week, but the procrastinating stops here. I am going to try to log at least 4/7 days next week to see where I am at with my calories.
I have been terrible with my workouts also. Mainly because I have been working my tail off in the yard. Hard stuff like pulling out bushes and overgrown vines, transplanting things, trimming, weeding, hauling. That is between trying to take care of the house and all the stuff the kids have going on. I fall into bed every night. But my body knows I have not been working out and is feeling flabbier, so it is back with the program this week.
I think I am just going to have to accept the fact that I will probably have to log calories and workout just about every single day in order to have a body close to what I want to have, sigh.

I will have to do a little catching up to see what you guys have been up to, so forgive me for not doing personals right now.

Catch you all later!

K9Owner
07-22-2012, 05:10 AM
Saturday turned out to be a disastrous day for me.
1st, I accidentally dropped my phone into the sea.
2nd, my husband was driving our Jeep--making a right hand turn at a red light and was side-swiped twice by a motorist making a Uturn. The left rear dor is caved in and the back bumper is crushed & the heater coil hose is broken and my dad said I could make it 7 hrs home, but I couldn't run the AC :cry:
Luckily, no one was injured!

Sum38
07-22-2012, 06:50 AM
Yikes Krystal!!! I am sorry :hug: I am happy everyone is okay. Is the Jeep totaled (insurance perspective) or fixable?

Sum38
07-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Jo, Nice to see you!!!

2nd day on my flat belly diet. This is a different on I tried before. I bought a book thinking it was the same one :crazy: Silly me. Anycase I am following this book's advice. -- I did not weigh in this am; new mile stone for me. I decided to wait for 4 days to pass...can you believe that?? :yikes:

I feel fat, though. I am hoping that I stopped my crazy eating...well it was my hubby's fault for taking me on all these trips :lol:

So eating and water intake has been perfect. I am back to logging all my food...sigh.

K9Owner
07-25-2012, 05:19 PM
I am hoping my Jeep is fixable--since it has been paid off since 2006!

I wish I had never got on that evil scale before holiday. It looks as though I swallowed a small watermelon in my abs. My scale is up 12 lbs :fr:

I don't think I am exercising enough to support all of my poor eating choices.

There is no way possible for me to have gained 12lbs of fat weight in 2 months. I would have had to be completely comatose and doing nothing for that to happen. Still, it's water & inside my body--making me feel just terrible.

So, I am going to up my workouts and decrease the processed carbs.
I have 2 months before I go to the Caymans & these 12 lbs ARE NOT invited!!

A sweet friend of mine suggested I establish a "measurable" goal.
Honestly, atm, it's to re-lose these 12 lbs.

I'm so discouraged at this point. I enjoy lifting so much, but I think I was better when I was running 3-4x/week.
I just have to get my eating back under control. I will do this!

Sum38
07-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Krystal; I wish you were my neighbor. I am 152 :yikes: I was 142 only a few weeks ago. I ate like a pig today because I am losing hope and I don't care. -- This is way too hard. I wish you were here and we would do it together.

I feel for you :love:

jomatho
07-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Sorry everyone is struggling right now :hug:
Wish I could offer some really good advice that would solve everything. Of course, if I could I wouldn't still be fighting the good fight either, would I?

My week is shaping up better than the last few. I have been able to eat at my cut level (around 2000) and have gotten in some good workouts. Lifted weights 2x so far, walked once (rained out this morning), and even got on the treadmill last night for some HIIT and a run. My legs felt amazing, that was my first run in about 10 weeks. I think the rest and the weight lifting has done a lot of good. After that, I swam laps for about 10 minutes. I am trying to add back in a little more cardio, but trying to not overdo it like I used to.
Oh, and I kicked TOM to the curb so I hope he picks up his baggage soon. That's probably why I am feeling better too, the hormones are adjusting.

Don't give up girls, this is just one battle in a long war.

jomatho
07-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Miss you guys and think about you every single day. I hope all is well and everyone is just busy or at least enjoying their summer!

K9Owner
07-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:
I am working working working!
Next week, I plan to slow down a little.
I've adopted a new fitness plan, where I alternate lifting heavy one week and lifting lighter with increased reps one week.
I have also not had any junk since I returned home. Some days are easier than others.
My food diary looks alot better since Tuesday, so that is defo a plus.

Did I mention I am going to the Cayman's in 2 months and these extra 12 lbs ARE NOT invited??

I will win. If not, I will die trying!

Happy Saturday to each of you :)

K9Owner
07-28-2012, 05:27 PM
I ate like a pig today because I am losing hope and I don't care. -- This is way too hard.

This is not acceptable, ma'am!
Whatever you have to do, find it within yourself NOT to quit!
You know how easy it is to get back to 160. It's not worth going back there to realize how hard it is to get back to where you are right now.

Being overweight is hard.
Being @ a healthy weight is hard.
Maintaining is hard.
Choose your hard!

The only thing you have to do to get back to where you were before you started is adopting an "I don't care" attitude & doing nothing. You are more of a woman than that. So, as they say in the south...
"Put your big girl panties on and deal with it!"

Sum38
07-29-2012, 09:12 AM
You are right Krystal. I was just so bummed out how fast I hit 150's again. 2 bad weeks of pigging out, and 8 pounds :mad: I wish I came off that fast as well. My 8's are tight again, and I am back to wearing my 10's which was a total defeat as well.

BUT, I am back on plan. I think I was 154 pounds a few days ago, and this morning I was 151.... I NEED to get below 150.

Thanks you (((Krystal))).

Sum38
07-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Well, under 150 this am. I really can't believe I am doing 140's all over again... I can't go scale free, I get out of control. I don't know how you guys can do it. It is my doom.....so back to being a slave of that scale :lol:

ItsMyTurn
07-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Kristiina - Glad you are back on track :)

Krystal - You are great for a kick in the pants :) Great job on the lifting too - no doubt you will be fabulous for the Caymans

Jo - I am so very glad you seem to have found what works for you!! What a huge accomplishment to feel good about what you are doing and how you feel too :)

Monsoon storms have been hitting way too regular, so haven't been able to run as often as I would like. Til now that was a pain, but today my Insanity should be here, so will be too occupied on another workout to worry of running :) Hoping after this workout, that it will help my conditioning and speed my time up on my runs - had a couple friends with successes on that. Fingers crossed

K9Owner
07-31-2012, 10:09 PM
Hi Ladies!
I have been so busy on MFP that I haven't been on here to much.
Last day of July and I am sad sad!! :cry:
Summer will be over in the blink of an eye & that means....cold, wet, dark!
YUCK YUCK YUCK!!

I decided to come back to the beach this week with my mom and aunt this time. We will be here til Sunday. My mom is already driving me to drink!!
I invited them. It was my idea, but since my jeep was injured last week when we were here, we had to bring my mom's explorer.
She tells me when we pull out of her driveway that I am not allowed to drive it! :faint:
A. I wasn't driving last week when my jeep was hit.
B. Even if I were, the lady hit US!
C. I have 2 other vehicles at home (I could have followed her in the sKy).
D. I could have rented us a vehicle for the week, it's not like I don't have a job!
So, I told her I would just rent a car once I got here. There is NO WAY I can be in FL without a vehicle!! Is she crazy??? :dizzy:
Anyway, she was all offended that I am renting a car.
So, we stop at McDonald's to use the restroom on the way down here. I went first, since I was the one in need of stopping. Go in, do my biz, come out and ask for the key--since it was about -5 degrees in McD's. I was FREEZING! & she blares at me: "You're not driving!"
Uhm, Hello...I didn't say I was. Before I could blink, my mouth flew open, tearing into her! I was so mad! I said, "You don't have to worry about me driving this vehicle while I am here. I have 3 vehicles at home to drive. I don't need yours & when I get to FL, I will get one of my own to drive. This vehicle is not golden!"

She was all mad b/c everyone was staring at us, but I didn't care. I don't know them--they don't know me--and I will never see them again!
Then she told me I NEVER respect her.
Ok, why would I ask to drive her car after she told me 4 hrs ago I couldn't?? Just saying!

This week should be grand! If my diary looks a little alcoholic, you'll know why!

K9Owner
07-31-2012, 10:10 PM
Monsoon storms have been hitting way too regular, so haven't been able to run as often as I would like. Til now that was a pain, but today my Insanity should be here, so will be too occupied on another workout to worry of running :) Hoping after this workout, that it will help my conditioning and speed my time up on my runs - had a couple friends with successes on that. Fingers crossed

I hope you will keep me update on your success with Insanity. I promise I wanted to try it, but the sudden change in planes is too much on my back!
Best of luck to you while you're getting ripped!! ;)

ItsMyTurn
07-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Krystal - Dang your mom is confusing! I think I would be into the vodka about now... not a worry since you aren't driving :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist!!! Did the first official workout of Insanity tonight with youngest DD and wow! is all I can say about that. This is nuts! I love it! Jello sore legs, feels good! Now that I had my shake and not "shaking" (no pun intended) as much, I am pumped for tomorrow night's workout!

Sum38
08-04-2012, 05:33 AM
I swear my post was lost in cyper space :mad:

Krystal, :hug: families can be so frustrating, especially mothers. I hope your beach time was fun!!!! How did it turn out, the rest of the vacation?

Star, I should try that workout; everyone seems to love it. Your avi is beautiful!!!!

Sum38
08-04-2012, 05:37 AM
I think I have finally gotten back to eating right. Last 4 weeks were just insane. Scale went up to 155 :crazy:, luckily 5/10 was water bloat. I was back down to 150 this am, and now the hard work starts (all over again). I decided I do not like being 150 + pounds :lol: So I am NOT giving up.

K9Owner
08-04-2012, 07:52 AM
I think I have finally gotten back to eating right. Last 4 weeks were just insane. Scale went up to 155 :crazy:, luckily 5/10 was water bloat. I was back down to 150 this am, and now the hard work starts (all over again). I decided I do not like being 150 + pounds :lol: So I am NOT giving up.

Now, this sounds like my friend, Kristiina!!
Tell your counter-personality to GET LOST! ;)

Sum38
08-04-2012, 10:01 PM
3rd day of clean eating for me :woohoo:...and I think I will be leaving 150's behind tomorrow morning, another :woohoo: for that :)

I did elliptical for 30 minutes, I really pushed hard. I did weights yesterday, and I can feel the aftermath of it today. Feels GOOD!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Sum38
08-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Now, this sounds like my friend, Kristiina!!
Tell your counter-personality to GET LOST! ;)

:lol3: The counter personality is called Kristina ;) She is tucked away. How are you doing with your loss? Did you start running again?

ItsMyTurn
08-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Sum - I was walking like I rode a horse for 3 days on the day after the first official workout. That night was another workout and it found all new muscles to make sore. Finally on day 3 I was able to sit without wincing :lol: Now on day 6 and loving it! It is totally intense and pushes you to your limit if you hit it at 100%. I am so glad I purchased it :)
Great job staying on target with your nutrition! Glad you were able to find your groove again! :)

guacamole
08-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Hello lovely ladies! Not a lot of time to post lately, but I do try to read. One common theme I have been seeing on these boards is that when people drop off and stop reading and posting, they start regaining. The support here is so important - especially for those of us not on a plan with a coach or face to face meetings. When you are doing it on your own - it's important to have an outlet where you are not "doing it on your own," like here at 3FC.

Thanks to everyone for being active posters and giving support! I know that it really helps me to read here.

K9Owner
08-06-2012, 01:21 PM
:lol3: The counter personality is called Kristina ;) She is tucked away. How are you doing with your loss? Did you start running again?

LOSS?? What loss??
I was doing great until I went back to FL.
Oh well, guess it's time to restart the restart! :tantrum:

Sum38
08-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Guacamole, nice to see you on this side of the town :D

Krystal, better start it then today!!!

Today is day 5 on my clean eating plan, and 5 pounds of bloat is gone :woohoo: I am thankful that my scale is showing weight under 150...not by much but it is such a huge mental thing for me...

Where is Jo??

Star I hope your walking has improved :lol3:

ItsMyTurn
08-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Guacamole - Great to see ya :) Pop by and sit a spell with us when you can :D

Krystal - I saw that you are totally counting the days til the Caymans, time to get the butt in gear girl! Own it! You can totally knock it out of the park!!

Kristiina - Glad you got "the other white meat" to stop influencing your eating :lol: You must be sooo very relieved to be under 150 again :) I am so happy for you!!!!

Jo - :wave:

I am walking much better, yes, :rofl: This weekend I had my Finance Mid-Term and scored a 90 on it.... US101 I aced.... Tomorrow is court cause of a speeding ticket (oy vey)... but... in the meantime, Insanity is going awesome. The youngest DD has been doing it with me and she has stopped throwing up during the workouts now and is starting to physically show changes a bit already! That's amazingly fast, since it's only been a week!!!! Hope you all are finding a renewed sense to kick some butt!

K9Owner
08-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Kristiina: Glad that your scale has moved in the downward direction. I'm not getting on mine until after next week. TOM will be here any day now, & I will just regret it all over again if I step on it after 3 days of spiking, TOM, and high carb bloat. I did get right back on it after I came home though. I'm going to try to go to the gym today. I have zero motivation or strength to go. I just wanna sleep. PMS sux!!

Star: I'm so thrilled you are loving insanity. It reminds me of my niece. I could defo see her barfing alongside your DD. Bless their lil hearts!! :lol:

jomatho
08-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi girls, I am here, just unbelievably busy for summer vacation. I am feeling a little overwhelmed by everything right now. Not looking forward to school starting, that's for sure.
I was doing great with my plan until this weekend, actually that wedding I went to, drank too much and lost my inhibitions. Then Sunday I went to work to help DH and we ate out twice, then Mon and today we have had appointments early so I didn't get my workouts in like I usually do. I haven't worked out since Saturday and haven't lifted weights since last Thursday. Ugh.
Tomorrow is the first day in a long time I don't have a single thing on the calendar except DS going to football so I plan to walk with my gf first and then come home and lift. That should get things going in the right direction again.
Sounds like everyone else is back on track to I had better get my butt in gear too!
Good to hear about everyone's status and I will talk at you guys later ;)

Sum38
08-10-2012, 07:43 AM
Jo :hug: -- Funny; this is my first fall, ever, that I am not busy. Cam is still "benched" because of his elbow, and won't be playing any fall sports (except cross country, but that will start later). It is a strange feeling not to be running him around...well he is doing PT 3x per week :D

Star you are a wonder woman!! School, work, hubby out of town and exercise....I am in awe of you! -- Congrats on your good grades. I give A+ on your efforts :D

Krystal I like your MFP avi...your legs look HOT!

I am ovulating, and we visited Cedar Point amusement park and food was all salt, salt and more salt kinda junk and my weight sky rocketed. I took 30000 steps whilst we were there but it did not make any difference, except that my legs are feeling tired and full of lactic acid. So clean easting for me again.

I feel pretty though... I had veneers placed on 4 of my front teeth and they look amazing. I have been grinding my teeth at night for years and I keep spitting all guards out , and then time to time I would wake up with chips on my teeth...my front teeth have been fixed with bonding for 10's of times and finally the bonding would not do the trick anymore, hence these veneers. They do look beautiful and I am very happy with the end result. My whole face looks brighter.

Well I am off to planning my food intake for the day and then 5 mile walk. It is raining and I am looking forward to walking through fresh smelling woods.

Sending everyone :dust:

ItsMyTurn
08-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Kristiina - So glad you were able to get your teeth to where you feel confident :) Bet it allows you to smile without worry now and show how happy you are!

Hubby isn't out of town yet...surprise, ran into a snafu (seems to be common in our house :lol: ). He went for the physical and has some stuff he has to get taken care of medically before he will be allowed to be behind the wheel of a rig. Honestly this might work out better anyway. If I am able to pass the FitPro test to be a Corrections Officer, then I am going to have to go to COTA for 7 weeks in Tucson, so will need an adult here with the kiddos. I will be trying for that as soon as the cooler months come and I can push to improve my speed on running. Still real busy though, 3 1/2-5 1/2hrs of sleep on weeknights so I crash on weekends :lol:

Today's Insanity was a double workout. Pure Cardio AND the Abs... oy. I made it through though... soaking wet and huffing and puffing... but did it :)

K9Owner
08-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Star: You are so busy! I am exhausted by the time your day is over! IDK if I would be able to handle all of the things you do! Go Girl!!

Kristiina: My niece also had to get veneers. She absolutely loves them! I'm glad you do as well :)

K9Owner
08-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Monday, Monday
Raining in my little neck of the woods.
I worked Saturday night and thought it was just a great idea to have cinnamon rolls Sunday morning for breakfast--which I later regretted!
Why do I continue to put my body through this?
If I didn't workout, I'd be the size of a small fruit stand by now!!!
My niece and I workout out last night at the gym.
She is going to obtain a membership where I workout.
This will be great for her, I hope.
I took it easy on her last night--I only let her lift the Barbie weights :D
She better not get up later, screaming she can't shake the ketchup bottle :lol:

I have a completely EMPTY day today! First in a very long time, so I am loving this!! I will go to the gym tonight.

Tell me this--is it me or does everyone pretty much end up sore, stiff, and with general body aches after working out the next day?
At first, I thought it was just DOMS, but my back just aches every day!
I think this extra baggage I'm carrying has alot to do with it--just a thought!

Happy Monday to each of you :)

ItsMyTurn
08-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Krystal - Any consolation, I am not even sure if I can handle all I have to do in a day, :rofl: So far I haven't drowned, but boys there are days I am beyond pooped out.
As for being sore, it honestly depends what I have done. With weights I used to be sure, even after 2 months, because of the progression I would do. Not so much with cardio, unless it's a toning cardio that my body is unfamiliar with. That's great about your niece joining the gym!!! Way to inspire :)

jomatho
08-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Not much to add, just checking in to see how you girls are doing. I am just barely skimming along right now. I don't know what's wrong with me, I just can't seem to get into a good groove. Must be hormones, yup, I blame it on those :D

ItsMyTurn
08-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Jo - You gotta find your inspiration girl! What is it that you want to achieve...how bad do you want it? Kick out those excuses and show them what you are made of! You can totally roll it out!!! We have all seen it!!! Grab for it - run with it!!!

As for me, 2nd fit test in Insanity. My numbers are low compared to some I have seen post, but I am still proud because I improved :) I will hold my head high and know that I am not letting my RA hip/knee/wrist flare hold me back from progressing!! So... here are my stats for last test (2 weeks ago)/and this test
Switch Kicks 57/58
Power Jacks 31/45
Power Knees 80/104
Power Jumps 15/35
Globe Jumps 5/8
Suicide Jumps 5/8
Push-up Jacks 12/15
Low Plank Oblique 35/54 (killer on the left hip, but still pushed... just made some really horrible noises to do it :lol: )

Sum38
08-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Awesome, Star!!

Hi Jo....maybe once kiddies are back at school you will get your mojo back. :hug:

Not much to report. I have been OP, but scale won't move under 150 pounds. -- My MIL is my new weightloss buddy. Found a nice common ground to focus on ;).... my BIL's wedding reception is in late October and we decided to shed 10 pounds each. -- My pictures of me at their wedding were real eye openers, I simply looked pregnant (again). So, it gave me some new motivation to move forward. Belly has gone down, but scale is stuck. Oh well :D

Sending :dust: to all! :love:

berryblondeboys
08-15-2012, 09:58 AM
Girls... I never joined this thread as well, it didn't seemed I fit the description - I was losing at a steady pace. I knew what I was doing, the scale was mostly cooperating (taking into fact that monthly fluctuations I have), but since the start of this thread? My weight loss has pretty much stagnated.

Did you all jinx me? Can I blame this thread for turning me into a slow loser?;)

Oh well... just popped in to see how you gals are doing - glad to see you are all still plugging away - even if things are slow - you are still TRYING and that's more than most people do!

alaskanlaughter
08-16-2012, 12:17 AM
its been a busy summer....ive mostly moved over to posting under other threads because this was the last thread of this group :( busy summer with the kids at our program...i'm one of the managers there...some days had 73 kids, the lowest day of the whole summer had 51 kids...

ive been getting up every day of the work week at 5-5:30 a.m. to work out at the gym...i do some weight machines and i run in intervals...right now i'm running two intervals of 0.7 miles each with some fast walking afterwards...i'm working on endurance right now...

weight is inching down...after TOM last month i saw 189 on the scale, first time in my entire adult life...bounced back up a bit during the month as expected..we'll see what it says at the end of TOM this week :)

ive been really trying to keep my calories high enough but not too high...was trying to hit 1600-1800 a day but im worried that's too high...now i'm shooting for about 1500 and NOT eating back my exercise calories

lots of family stuff going on this summer...my little sister moved back home with mom and dad on the homestead...she said she had a religious experience that told her to go take care of mom and dad...that lasted about 3 weeks and now she's back in the other town living with her boyfriend, who managed to promptly land himself back in jail on a parole violation as soon as she got back...he's bailed out now *sigh* fun fun

alaskanlaughter
08-16-2012, 12:27 AM
and i had the scariest experience of my entire life yesterday too :(

background: my DH rides motorcycles, has since he was little...my school playground looks out onto the only highway into the downtown area and every day i'd be on the playground watching the kids and also keeping an ear out for motorcycles and i'd watch him ride out of town for his lunch hour at home, and then i'd watch for him to ride back into town for work again

yesterday i watched him ride out to lunch...after awhile i was looking for him to ride back, expecting him any minute to go past us...i went inside briefly to do other tasks (snack prep etc) and the staff outside immediately blew the whistle, lined the kids up and hustled them inside...the kids said there had been a motorcycle accident...i called DH's phone, no answer...

i didnt even think....i just ran out the doors, across the playground and out to the street...a black motorcycle similar to what DH rides lay strewn in pieces, cut in half from an impact with a car...the front of the car was wrecked...i looked around and didnt see anyone, i was freaking OUT not knowing who was involved...i asked a coworker "where is he?" and she pointed to the sidewalk near us...the motorcycle rider lay dead on the sidewalk, covered with a gray blanket...all i could see was his bare feet...and i looked to see if they were my husband's feet...only then did i know for sure that it was NOT my husband lying there

i was shaking so very badly....no one should EVER EVER have to look at a dead person's feet to know if it's their husband's....he was supposed to have ridden right through that area any minute....and if i had stayed on the playground and hadn't gone inside for snack prep, i would have seen the actual wreck and would have been one of the first responders attempting CPR although we now know that he died on impact :(

so very very sad...all of us were very shaken up by it...and ive never been so scared in my life as when i went running out there not knowing if it was my husband out there :( he called me shortly afterwards, and he had stayed home longer that day

Sum38
08-16-2012, 07:28 AM
Yikes Alaskan!

Hi Melissa! I think the last 20 pounds just takes a lot more work and dedication. It just sucks. I wish I could cheat every once in awhile, but each cheat bites turns into bloat and stops my weightloss :mad:

That being said, I pigged out last night....ugh!

ItsMyTurn
08-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Melissa - Nice to see you. Sorry to hear you have slowed, but you are so close to goal that it takes a harder time to finish the job. Mine is going slow now, can't imagine how frustrated I will be when I hit where you are

Alaskan - that must have made you freak out on the inside! I can't imagine the thought! Glad it wasn't your DH though

Kristiina - I am so sorry you are struggling so hard right now. Glad to hear of your belly area going down - frustrating sometimes when the scale doesn't reflect that though.

After taking measurements for week 2 of Insanity, I have lost 11.4" overall already. I am not touching a scale until after month 1, but I am pleased with the measurements. I think those are pretty impressive numbers for just 2 weeks! Hoping it continues with all the work I am putting in. I am losing sleep due to schooling, so only getting 3 1/2hrs-4hrs of sleep a night on weekdays and have no doubt that it has an effect on my weight loss in a negative manner. Unfortunately no choice in that department until I achieve my degree or find another job though - so it is what it is. I do my workouts when I am already exhausted during the week, but it is still getting done. I suppose that's the important part - getting it done.

K9Owner
08-16-2012, 02:56 PM
This is going to be the quickest post ever, as I am attempting to go back to sleep for work tonight.

Alaskan: I am most thrilled to see you :) Your motorcycle story made me cringe! I am so very thankful it was not your husband!!

Kirstiina: We have found ourselves in the same boat again. This time, will you PLEASE not push me outta the darn thing!! UGH! 150s SUCK!!!! :tantrum:

Melissa: Great to see you are still fighting for your personal goals. @ some point, no matter what you do, it seems the weight loss comes to a snail's pace.

Star: Work It GF!! OMG, I would love to be able to do Insanity w/you! If I lost 11.5 inches in 2 weeks, I'd be overjoyed!

Jo: :hug: I miss you, sweet friend. I hope you are doing well and getting adjusted to the children's schedules again.

Sum38
08-17-2012, 12:23 PM
5 mile walk and 5 mile bike ride.

Funny (and not so funny) note; I ate one of my new veneers :mad:

K9Owner
08-17-2012, 03:36 PM
5 mile walk and 5 mile bike ride.

Funny (and not so funny) note; I ate one of my new veneers :mad:

How in the world did you manage this?

Sum38
08-17-2012, 03:43 PM
How in the world did you manage this?

I am a woman with many talents :D

ItsMyTurn
08-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Impressive talent? LOL!

K9Owner
08-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Great weekend so far for me. I have had a successful week. I'm finally getting back into the 2 night/week work schedule, so I love that.

Going to attempt to spike today & kill the gym Mon, Tues, Wed...then, back to saving lives Thurs/Fri.

No movement in my scale, but after ovulation, I predict it will come.

On a health note, I take my BP every time I go to work. 2 Thursday's ago, before rounds (at 7pm), it was 97/62 :eek: I do NOT take BP meds of any sort. As a matter of fact, I am currently taking no Rx meds.

Anyway, I wanted to do a little experiment this week, so I asked 2 other colleagues to join in.
During 5am rounds, we checked our BP and heart rate. I typically have a slow heart rate compared to other people at work.
Colleague 1: Middle 30s, approx 180lbs, approx 5'6", black female--
results: 140/95 HR 99
Colleague 2: Age 28-31, approx 107 lbs, approx 5'4.5, black female--
results: 120/85 HR 95
Me: Age 36, approx 150lbs, 5'3.5"
results: 110/53 HR 61!!! :fr:

It takes alot of work for me to have my HR to cardio zone or fat burning zone, which does SUCK when you are trying to burn cals!
I am very glad to be "fit", but I sure wish my body looked as good on the outside as it does on the inside!

Happi Sunday to each of you :)

jomatho
08-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Popping in to say hello to all you lovely ladies!
Suffering with horrible PMS this week. Ready to get TOM here and gone so I can go back to being myself.
We are finished with therapy and had our final visit to the surgeon for my son's shoulder. He is cleared for light activities like casually shooting hoops, riding his bike (without falling) and stuff like that, but not for official sports for another 4 weeks. He decided to not play football so that will lighten our schedule this fall quite a bit (silent cheer).
My youngest is on JV and has his first game tomorrow. It is awful to watch your son play football. I can't wait until they are both graduated and done with that dumb sport. It doesn't help that my anxiety this month is through the roof- one of the newer pms symptoms that has been showing up most months the last couple years. Not sure if it is the pms/anxiety causing the football panic or the football increasing the anxiety, but either way I am a mess.
Ok, gotta run, freshman orientation at school tonight, oh joy.

IsabellaOlivia
09-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Got in a 50 min walk today.

Sum38
09-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Nice seeing you Isabella!! How are you?

The rest of the ladies... where are you? :D

I started biking and I am getting totally addicted. My last journey was 25 miles. My legs were a bit sore afterwards and it felt great!

Miss you all!!

IsabellaOlivia
09-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Nice seeing you Isabella!! How are you?

The rest of the ladies... where are you? :D

I started biking and I am getting totally addicted. My last journey was 25 miles. My legs were a bit sore afterwards and it felt great!

Miss you all!!

Hope biking is fun:smug:

I made some bad decisions and regained some of the weight. I haven't updated my ticker and my goals but they don't reflect my current situation. At my highest I had lost 28 pounds and now my weightloss is down to 12 pounds. I regained 16 pounds. Yickes. :o I originally started my weightloss process in January 11' and have been massively fumbling lately. I weigh more now than I did a year ago.

cowtownbee
09-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards and am looking forward to reading the posts and advice as I begin my journey.

Here is my road analogy!

This weight loss journey is a long and winding road - fulls of twists and turns, speed bumps, long stretches of boring asphalt and scenery, unfamiliar road signs, confusing directions, dead-ends, oncoming traffic, dim lights, but at the end is a destination. Sometimes it's hard to see the end as we go on mile by mile (or kilometre by kilometre in my case). Sometimes, we have to go back and look at the map again and again to ensure we are going in the right direction - if not, we turn around and start again on the right path. Though frustrated at the time lost, we reflect and learn something as we go forward knowing we can better navigate a similar roadblock.

I may have to go back and read my own words but just wanted to toss my 2cents in. I've been down this road numerous time and am optimistic about this journey with your support and direction.

K9Owner
09-08-2012, 03:43 AM
As some of you know, I have been very ill with a serious skin infection that started last Saturday.
A week later, I am much better than what I was over the last week.
I have been on a liquid diet this whole week, due to the location of the infection.
I have been bedridden since Wednesday, which is NO FUN AT ALL!

I am completely bored at home, b/c I hate tv, but my furbabies have been angels--allowing me to rest. K9s are very intuitive like that--River knows something is wrong and she just comes and lies down next to me and places her heavy head on my leg--so calm. So NOT like her! She's usually running around, playing, and trying to get me to play.

I have to be cleared by employee health before I can return to work, which hopefully will be next Tuesday.

I sail in 22 days--I sure hope this thing has completely healed by then!!
I have been anticipating this cruise for 6 months!!

Scale is still the same, but I'm not stressing over that. I am doing good to blink, much less any formal exercise atm!

Hope you all are having a great week--enjoying the much cooler temps.

Miss you all dearly!

Sum38
09-08-2012, 07:21 AM
That sounds really awful Krystal! I am really sorry to hear about your struggle!! :hug:

Isabella, I hear you... I "gained" 13 pounds this summer. UGH!

:welcome: bee!

-----

As I said earlier, I have gained a lot of weight. My scale hit 157 before TOM. That was some reality check there! -- I changed my eating habits, no more stuffing my face or wine (:cry:). I added biking, which seems to just melt fat off. Last Sunday I was 156.5 - a day before TOM - and today I am 149.5. I cleaned my system out by eating well, and it is paying off. NO MORE 150'S FOR ME, EVER!

TOM was a week late; wonder if I am heading towards menopause? I have always been regular... I will be 45 in a few short months. I have mixed feelings about "the change".

I have also been diligent about my upper body toning, and I think I am ready to ditch my 8 pound weights and move on to 10 pounders :woohoo: (sarcastically speaking; I know I am a light weight and a wimp).

That just about sums it all up. I am off to my 5 mile hike with my furbaby!

:dust: to all!

K9Owner
09-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Day 6 of misery for me.
I am better each day, but i still will not go in public--high traffic areas. The park with my precious furbabs is as far as I am willing to go. And, even then, it is 30 min max.

The abcess has stopped draining, but swelling remains on the left side of my lower jaw/chin area. It is tight and itchy.

I have a dear infectious disease MD friend who told me I needed to be on abx3x/day instead of 2, but my internal MD prescribed them 2x/day--not 3!

I feel as though my muscles are in atrophy. It's been over a week since I've exercised. I know this is NOT possible, but it seems like it. Do you all realize how many facial muscles you use during exercise?? ALL of them!! Even doing small tasks, like bending over to pick something up from the floor or emptying the dishwasher uses facial muscles. Thankfully, I can now do both of these 2 chores without pain in my face.

Hope you all are having a great Sunday :)

Check back in later!

IsabellaOlivia
09-09-2012, 09:09 PM
K9Owner: That sounds horrendous.

Sum38
09-10-2012, 06:04 AM
I hope, today you are feeling better Krystal!

Where is Jo?

K9Owner
09-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Kristiina: Even when we haven't spoken in a while, we still seem to be in sync!
Do you know I had started biking before this whole infection saga came about?
7,9, & 10 milers! It made my legs feel like jello, but I loved the feeling!

What can I say??? I hope you are enjoying it as much as I was.
I'll be back at it. Hopefully, not this week, but next!

Sum38
09-10-2012, 08:07 AM
I know Krystal...it is like we are twins what comes to our ups and downs.

Biking rocks. I am up to 25-27 miles at 13 mph (on gravel and wooded paths). My legs were soooo sore last week but somehow it is attacking my belly fat, so it is all way worth it. :woohoo: -- I have some big stressors going on right now in my life and I think 27 mile ride is going to clear my head.

BTW: I bought fitbit and love it. Only bummer is that it does not calculate biking. -- BUT what it is great about it, it syncs with MFP, totally cool!!

K9Owner
09-11-2012, 04:56 AM
My scale read 149 today. I guess I should be overjoyed. I haven't seen the 140s since July. At this point, I cannot get too excited about it. My nutrition lately is just horrible. Food doesn't have the same taste & my appetite is marginal, at best.
Actually, I have waves of having an appetite....sometimes, I am completely ravenous & other times, I am forcing myself to eat to take my meds, so that I can have a poor appetite later.
It's a vicious cycle, I suppose.

Sum38
09-11-2012, 07:38 AM
149 here as well.

ItsMyTurn
09-11-2012, 07:55 AM
You both are hilarious with your matching sagas for the weight loss. Some kind of bond!
Krystal - Glad things are getting a wee bit better. Can't wait to hear you say you are totally back. I can't imagine being stuck with as active as you usually are. :hug:

Kristiina - Way to go on the biking miles and weights!!! I don't care if you are a light weight..that is progression!!! Great job!!!

Isabella - You are getting back on track now and that's what counts :) You are heading back in the right direction to your comfort :)

K9Owner
09-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Kristiina: Well now, fancy that! We are the same weight. The water weight is being reduced around my muscles. I'll be good and sore next week when I re-join all the fun that surely awaits me. Does spoon to mouth count as formal exercise? :lol:

Isabella: I'm happy to see your return. Looks as though the summer was cruel to more than a couple of us, eh? No worries, dear. Just climb back on board. They say it's easier to lose 10 than 50, but I wouldn't know that. Some people have lost 50+ in a year's time, and I am still on the same dang 10!! Go figure!

Star: So lovely to see your Insanity avi! You're gonna be :smoking: by Christmas!! I see a new party dress in your wardrobe soon, sporting your hawt, luscious curves ;)

IsabellaOlivia
09-16-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm pretty sure the weight will show a gain tomorrow. I've been having wolf hunger this past week. Just starving even though I've eaten plenty of food.

Does anyone else get just so insanely hungry at times?

K9Owner
09-17-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm pretty sure the weight will show a gain tomorrow. I've been having wolf hunger this past week. Just starving even though I've eaten plenty of food.

Does anyone else get just so insanely hungry at times?

Does almost always count?? :lol:

K9Owner
09-19-2012, 07:54 AM
So, I am completely recovered now and back at work--thank You, Jesus!!!

Also, I have not been to the gym to do an official workout since Sept 2.
I have been keeping my cals between 1200-1400 for 6 days, with a 2600 cal Spike Day on the 7 day.
I've dropped 4 lbs since August 26!
This is like MAJOR weight for me!!

I'm scared to return to the gym until after my cruise, which will be sometime around Oct 10.

Thoughts?
Ideas?
Suggestions?

I'll start 1/2Mary training when I return--a full month and a half LATER than I had anticipated starting! :tantrum:

Sum38
09-19-2012, 09:20 AM
:woohoo: on 4 pounds! -- I was down to 149 and today scale was nearly 155...darn cheese. I know I can't eat it, it irritates my gallbladder, and I am too stupid to stay away from it. My belly looks like that I am 7 months preggo...oh when do I learn???

I have no suggestions for you, except, start biking :D -- I am TOTALLY addicted to it now.

jomatho
09-19-2012, 01:53 PM
So, I am completely recovered now and back at work--thank You, Jesus!!!

Also, I have not been to the gym to do an official workout since Sept 2.
I have been keeping my cals between 1200-1400 for 6 days, with a 2600 cal Spike Day on the 7 day.
I've dropped 4 lbs since August 26!
This is like MAJOR weight for me!!

I'm scared to return to the gym until after my cruise, which will be sometime around Oct 10.

Thoughts?
Ideas?
Suggestions?

I'll start 1/2Mary training when I return--a full month and a half LATER than I had anticipated starting! :tantrum:

What are you scared of at the gym? Just jump right back in, your body will know what to do. You may just have to back off the weights slightly for a couple workouts until your joints get used to it again. I predict you will feel better than ever. As for the running, I can't believe you are a glutton to do that all over again, :lol: But again, I think this rest is going to do you well and you are going to feel amazing when you are able to get back into your routing.
Glad you are healed up and back to work!

jomatho
09-19-2012, 01:57 PM
:woohoo: on 4 pounds! -- I was down to 149 and today scale was nearly 155...darn cheese. I know I can't eat it, it irritates my gallbladder, and I am too stupid to stay away from it. My belly looks like that I am 7 months preggo...oh when do I learn???

I have no suggestions for you, except, start biking :D -- I am TOTALLY addicted to it now.

You'll be back down to the 140s in no time, sounds like an intolerance. Have you ever tried taking digestive enzymes with things like that? Maybe do an experiment in a couple weeks with similar to what you ate this time, but take digestive enzymes with it and see if it helps. Only problem is if it doesn't then you will feel like yuck again and blame it on me! :lol: Hope you feel better soon. Great job on the bike rides and don't know if you noticed, but I commented on your mfp update, love your new avitar!

ItsMyTurn
09-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Isabella - Hunger was never an issue for me until the nutritionist ruined me and got me eating every couple hours, :lol: Now... there are days that people have to keep arms away from me cause I will just take a bite, :rofl:

Krystal - So great that you are fully recovered!!! :carrot: I am so glad to hear that!!! As for the gym, I am with Jo... jump right in. Ease into the weights to see what your body will tolerate, but get back on the horse. Hope you enjoy the trip though and great job on setting yourself in for another half!!! Wow!!! You are so inspiring to me :)
As for the luscious curves... I don't know. Still have not taken off a single pound. Matter of fact, I had gone back up, and now back into the decade I have been in. Apparently I lose 10lbs now and go on a 6 month plateau every time :lol: I am seeing things move around and shift on my body as they did last time, and gaining a ton of muscle. Just not getting smaller and wearing the same clothes. Good on the pocketbook, frustrating on the ego, :lol:

Kristiina - Great job finding an addiction that helps with your weight :) If you are going to get addicted, can definitely think of worse things than a bike. Sorry to hear about the cheese. I totally understand though. I am totally lactose intolerant, AND when I slip... I have mad colon issues for days! Have been taken off dairy for medical reasons and I used to LOVE me some yogurt and cheese... those were my things I would go to in order to have healthy snack and stay away from sweet carbs.

Jo - How are things with you? It's great to see you pop in!!!! Miss yer face!

As for me - Still working long hours, going to college full time, and tending the house/kids. Insanity is going forward. I did have one setback that put me behind schedule for a week, but have been back on track and moving forward. If this workout for month 2 doesn't kill me, I suspect I will definitely see even a bigger difference in composition then I did the first month :) Here's hoping for survival!!! :rofl:

K9Owner
09-20-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm gonna hop back on this afternoon and make some time for personals, but I just wanted to say: the only reason I am scared to return to the gym is fear of killing my losing streak! I don't mind the DOMS and the weights are not intimidating, but I went from 151 to 147 in just a coupe of weeks by merely walking my k9s, keeping my cals between 1200-1400 during the week, then spiking at 2600 on the 7th day.

I know this is a loooooooooong stretch, but could I possibly hit 145 by next Friday? even with TOM right around the corner? Next week to be exact! Dang hormones! He's always coming at the wrong times! He should have been this week, so I wouldn't have to deal with all that darn water weight 2 days into my trip!!! :tantrum:

jomatho
09-20-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm gonna hop back on this afternoon and make some time for personals, but I just wanted to say: the only reason I am scared to return to the gym is fear of killing my losing streak! I don't mind the DOMS and the weights are not intimidating, but I went from 151 to 147 in just a coupe of weeks by merely walking my k9s, keeping my cals between 1200-1400 during the week, then spiking at 2600 on the 7th day.

I know this is a loooooooooong stretch, but could I possibly hit 145 by next Friday? even with TOM right around the corner? Next week to be exact! Dang hormones! He's always coming at the wrong times! He should have been this week, so I wouldn't have to deal with all that darn water weight 2 days into my trip!!! :tantrum:

But really, is anyone else going to notice those 2 pounds on you if you don't lose them? Probably not. I am sure you will look great if it comes off or not.
And as to the gym, weight lifting will probably bring on a little bit of scale weight, not fat, so if you are most concerned about the scale, then don't do it. However, if you are concerned about body composition and how your clothes fit, the get back at it girl. That scale is just a number, what do you want your body to look like? Ok, I'm biased, but that is my 2 cents anyways. :)

jomatho
09-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Isabella - Hunger was never an issue for me until the nutritionist ruined me and got me eating every couple hours, :lol: Now... there are days that people have to keep arms away from me cause I will just take a bite, :rofl:

Krystal - So great that you are fully recovered!!! :carrot: I am so glad to hear that!!! As for the gym, I am with Jo... jump right in. Ease into the weights to see what your body will tolerate, but get back on the horse. Hope you enjoy the trip though and great job on setting yourself in for another half!!! Wow!!! You are so inspiring to me :)
As for the luscious curves... I don't know. Still have not taken off a single pound. Matter of fact, I had gone back up, and now back into the decade I have been in. Apparently I lose 10lbs now and go on a 6 month plateau every time :lol: I am seeing things move around and shift on my body as they did last time, and gaining a ton of muscle. Just not getting smaller and wearing the same clothes. Good on the pocketbook, frustrating on the ego, :lol:

Kristiina - Great job finding an addiction that helps with your weight :) If you are going to get addicted, can definitely think of worse things than a bike. Sorry to hear about the cheese. I totally understand though. I am totally lactose intolerant, AND when I slip... I have mad colon issues for days! Have been taken off dairy for medical reasons and I used to LOVE me some yogurt and cheese... those were my things I would go to in order to have healthy snack and stay away from sweet carbs.

Jo - How are things with you? It's great to see you pop in!!!! Miss yer face!

As for me - Still working long hours, going to college full time, and tending the house/kids. Insanity is going forward. I did have one setback that put me behind schedule for a week, but have been back on track and moving forward. If this workout for month 2 doesn't kill me, I suspect I will definitely see even a bigger difference in composition then I did the first month :) Here's hoping for survival!!! :rofl:

Hi gf, I commented on your new avi on mfp too. Looks like insanity is working out great for you! Don't know how you do it, looks like torture to me :lol:

ItsMyTurn
09-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Krystal - Depends on where you priority is. As Jo said... if the scale is your priority, then I wouldn't go lifting. Redeveloping muscles adds water weight and strength weight. Depends on what you are going for :) Either way you will look fabulous for your trip :) You always do!

Jo - Insanity is torture, :lol: But it's torture you learn to love hating, :rofl: Maybe it's the exercises or order they go in, but getting more results (shaping) from this then I did from lifting. I actually have tricep muscles now, which is amazing to me!

K9Owner
09-22-2012, 02:17 AM
Star: Isn't it odd that you develop all that reshaping and don't really lose any weight :dizzy: How much longer do you have with the program? I can hardly wait to see the results. I hope you took before, mid-way thru, and after pics!! I NEED evidence!!! :D

Jo: I gave in to your advice & returned to the gym. I will have water weight anyway from TOM, but I sure did want to have a nice, flatter-looking ab section. I'll carry my pooch with me :sad:

Kristiina: My sweet friend--you are so right about the biking! I really have an acquired taste for it, but like fine wine--it keeps getting better with the miles :)
I seriously hope you are able to get into a nice fall routine & stay our of the 150s. Don't they just suck the life out of you!!

:dust: all around this thread. We defo need it with all of the setbacks we've had.

Sum38
09-23-2012, 07:14 AM
I should adhere to this advice: "You likely won’t be able to reach your weight loss goals if you keep thinking, “I’ll eat whatever I want this weekend and start dieting again on Monday.” Waiting until Monday doesn’t work because you’ll consistently undo all your hard work from the week. This weekend, DON’T wait until Monday – just keep doing what you’re doing! Guaranteed you will be so glad you did."

I just can't keep my cakehole closed :mad: -- I am too afraid to step on scale, and that usually means trouble. :no:

I am making a vow to you. Today I will eat clean and I won't wait for Monday to get here!

I am getting my hair done with my favorite hairdresser. He is $$$ but I think I need a little boost to make myself wanting this weightloss again.

ItsMyTurn
09-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Krystal - I took before only pics. They are too embarrassing to put on an open thread, but would PM them to you if you would like :) I am a bit into week 1 of month 2 (held back behind schedule due to medical issues)... so when done I will take pics again cause I want my Insanity t-shirt, :lol:

Great job on getting back in the gym!!! Bet it felt good!

IsabellaOlivia
09-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Sum38: I love getting my hair done. You'll probably feel really refreshed and energized after the visit.
Sometimes those little boosts can be really helpful.

K9Owner
09-24-2012, 08:42 AM
My friends, don't I just have the most UNBELIEVABLE life????

Sunday night, September 23,2012,
I decided to go see my niece at 7:30pm after the Denver game.
I had made plans to go to the gym afterwards b/c it was right up the street from her house.
We hung out for a bit, but I became tired & wanted cheesecake.
I decided I would go back home and take a nap and wake up and go to the gym in the morning.
I stopped by Kroger near her house for cheesecake, but they didn't have any.
So, I left that store and went to the one right up the street from my house--about 6 miles down the street from this one.
It was approximately 10:30 p.m.

I go in, get cheesecake, go to the UScan and there are about 7 ppl standing in front of the door inside the store over a man who had collapsed.
I dropped the cheesecake and ran closer toward the man.
Everyone was just standing around.
I said, "Is he ok?"
The crowd responded, "We don't know."
I am a practicing cardiac RN in my community.
I kneeled in the floor next to the man to assess his pulse and when I didn't feel one, I ordered one of the associates to call 911 & began chest compressions on the man.
I asked for an AED and asked if anyone else knew CPR.
Out of all the people who were there--associates included-- no one else knew CPR, and they didn't even know what an AED was.
I worked as a lone rescuer on the man for approx 10 min before the EMT arrived.
I went to the hospital where they carried him, b/c I had to know if he had survived.
Since the hospital where they carried him was a sister entity of the hospital where i work and I had my identification badge in my vehicle, they gave me information concerning the man.
The RN told me the MD had pronounced him on arrival.

I am very passionate about saving lives & this is the first time I have ever had the opportunity to attempt to save a life in the community.
I was shocked that none of the associates working at this particular Kroger knew CPR & did not even know what an AED was.

Perhaps this experience will bring about something positive by requiring the store to install an AED, especially since it is in a very busy part of our community.

I am a regular shopper of this particular store & it breaks my heart to know they have invested in a full service pharmacy, yet they do not even have an AED & none of their night shift staff is educated in basic CPR.

I sent an email to the main office & pray they do something pro-active!!

IsabellaOlivia
09-24-2012, 10:02 AM
I've never heard the word AED before and I don't know CPR.

Sum38
09-24-2012, 01:55 PM
That is awesome Krystal! I am sorry that he passed away.

Sum38
09-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Jo I am dying to know how your reset worked out???

I am back to being a redhead, almost eggplant color with low and high lights. I love my head dresser! This color really brings out my green eyes, makes them pop :D

I biked about 20 miles this morning. I am loving it. It was quite windy therefore I got a REAL good workout on my way home.

K9Owner
09-27-2012, 10:18 AM
2 days left before I fly to Ft. Lauderdale!! I can hardly wait!!! :beach:
Can you all believe TOM came & left EARLY for a change!!
Now, I don't have to worry about taking special suitcase items for him and that leaves more room to bring back RUM!! :lol:

I'm still in the 140s, so I'm happy about that.
My abs are pretty dang sore from doing planks back to back for a few days in a row.
Planks really do tighten your core. I highly recommend them if you want to strengthen it, but they are no magical solution. It takes a while to get there.

Happy Thursday.
I go back for one more night of saving lives, then I'm off for like 12 days!! :woohoo:

alaskanlaughter
09-28-2012, 12:40 AM
wow krystal that is awesome that you were there at that moment when no one else knew what to do!

i know CPR and i know what an AED is and how to operate it...i worry though that i would panic if i was ever in a situation like that

Sum38
09-28-2012, 06:57 AM
:woohoo: vacation time is almost here for you K!! Enjoy!! :cheers:

K9Owner
10-09-2012, 10:55 PM
I need a holiday from my holiday!!
I am super exhausted!
I drank way to much rum and wine.
And I gained 7 lbs!

Well, back to the drawing board for me.
Time to start the 1/2 Mary training! :woohoo:

jomatho
10-11-2012, 04:09 PM
I miss this thread and miss you guys! I pop over here frequently to see whats going on, but it has been very quiet.
I don't have a lot to report at the moment, doing the same thing I was a month ago, :lol:. A creature of habit I am. Trying to stick with my goals up until Thanksgiving week and then I will take a maintenance break again. I only measure and weigh once a month now to save my sanity. My plan now is so much more about body recomposition than scale weight so it was just something I had to let go of.

Sum, I made your spicy pineapple turkey chili tonight to enjoy after a very cold and windy football game, brrrrrrrr. It is in the crock pot and I am looking forward to it. Sounds like you have been enjoying your biking. I avoided that this year due to my tailbone, but may take it up some in the spring, sounds great whenever you talk about it.

K9, glad you have a nice vacation, hope your soaked up lots of vit D for me and had a few too many drinks on me, I sure could use both!!! Good luck on the half mary training, let us know how it is going! Now that you are experienced, this should be a pc. of cake. Oops, sorry, shouldn't have mentioned the c word!!!!

Star, hope you are enjoying the folks! Missing your optimistic updates on mfp!!!

Isabelle and Alaskan, check in and tell us how you are doing!!!

Okay, gotta go freeze my tushie off.. .

K9Owner
10-12-2012, 10:18 AM
I have the STRANGEST body ever!
When I returned and weighed on Tuesday, I was up on the scale, but I knew alot of it was from a sodium rich Monday. Today, I am down 5.2 lbs & this is after I have ran twice and lifted once! :dizzy:
Don't get me wrong, I like it! Heck, I love it!!

Jo: I am no longer a slave to the scale either, but I have found I have picked back up weighing more frequently than I did over the summer. Have you had any other flare-ups with your tailbone since you injured it? I had almost forgotten about that, but I'm sure you haven't!

Kristiina: I am a LONG cry from "hot", but I will appreciate the commie, thank you. I think one of the major differences in our compositions is that you've had children & I haven't. You probably look way better than you say you do, b/c we are our own worst critics. I personally think my core could use ALOT more work, but I'm gonna rock what I've got. I still have so far to go to get to be where I want to be, and at this rate--I may never see it :(

Isabella: AED--Automated external defibrillator--it's a portable device used to shock the heart back into rhythm. They are completely idiot-proof if you know how to turn it on. It will talk you thru the entire process of how to use it.

Star: As Jo mentioned, I am missing you on MFP as well. I hope all is well with you and Amber. Do you get a winter break from school like the children do in December?

Alaskan: How are you dear?? I bet it is getting cold in Alaska by now. Do you all already have snow or is it a little too early for that? I am missing your "Tales from Alaska" & you.

Sum38
10-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Can a person have too many friends? -- My friends are BAD for my waistline....4th...YA FOURTH lunch this week is about to happen. I love them all, but still... I don't want to stay fat!!

JOOOOOO how was the reset????

Krystal, I hate to say it, but you are one hot babe! Stop denying it girl friend, just accept the fact that you are hot :D

jomatho
10-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Kristiina,
the actual reset was great, got a taste of what it feels like to eat at maintenance. It was mentally freeing to me and I learned a lot about myself and what I really wanted in this process.
I gained some weight, but it is coming back off now that I am cutting and I am now losing while eating around/above 2000 calories a day! I am still heavier than when I started reset, but I fit into the same clothes, so things are shifting. I am trying to change my focus from the scale though as I said because I am focusing on my lifting and typically the inches will move but the scale may not. I am not far enough into the cut to have concrete measures yet, but I can tell my body is changing.
I hope it will all be worth it in the long run, but I figure I was spinning my wheels before anyways so at least this way I get to eat! Still working on my numbers, both calories and macros. Always a work in progress right?
I don't know if you followed all of those thoughts, as I re-read it, it seems a little disjointed but I am too tired to go back and rewrite it :lol:

Krystal, my tailbone overall feels pretty good, but if I sit slouched in a chair for too long it gets achy still. I do find it a little achy when I am squatting (weights) too, but I figure that is just instability/weakness so that should get better. Congrats on the scale behaving!

alaskanlaughter
10-12-2012, 11:12 PM
im here but just kinda post around in other spots...i thought this was the last thread and it would close but if you guys will be around, i'll be here too

its getting colder up here, temps in the 40s during the day, still raining but it's supposed to snow this weekend...already got snow on the homestead up north...ive been super busy at work, with alot of students, the accompanying paperwork, only one staff person and many special needs students in the mix...my DH had surgery on his knee and is feeling much better, they had to go in and fix the meniscus part...kids are doing well in school, teenager is doing good in high school so far

my goal for september was to run 2 miles a day on the treadmill for 5 days a week (work days) and i did make that goal although it was hard...i came down with an ear infection and sinus infection and missed 2 work days so i chose to run on a weekend to make up for it...also had two days where i was scheduled to work 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. with likely no break so those days i got up at 4:30 a.m. to run...that was hard lol

my goal in october is to work on HIIT on the treadmill...so far ive put in 2 weeks of that, 5 days a week (work days) and it's going well...weight is down again at the end of TOM...reading at 185.4 today which is a new low...been slowlyyy creeping down the 180s...still watching my calories

my ear is hurting again tonight so took a sudafed...hope it doesnt turn into another ear infection

K9Owner
10-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Another weekend of saving lives--however, one did escape my team :cry:
Luckily, he was a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate)
Very busy and draining, as usual.

Back at it on a Monday.
I ran almost 3.5 miles as soon as I got up from my nap. I usually procrastinate a few hours and then end up on the treadmill.
Not today!! :woohoo:

Glad to see the updates :)
Glad to see everyone is hanging in there, despite the fact that no one seems to be losing a great deal of weight.
It's a process, right??

Does anyone have fun Halloween plans?
We are having a fish fry at my niece's new house on the 26th.
She is going to incorporate a Halloween party with it.
Should be a great time. Hopefully, there will be no cake.

You all would be so proud of me!
I haven't had cake in a really long time.
I can't even remember the last time I had some!
:jeno: on the other hand is still a struggle.
I still have it at least once a week.
If I would just make the cauliflower crusted one I really love, I'd do so much better. But it takes longer to make!! :halfempty

Happi Monday to all of you!
Hopefully , this will be a fabulous week for all of us.
I work Wed/Thurs.
Gym Tue.
Run Fri/Sat

That's the plan, at least.
Hopefully, I can stick to it like glue.

Your turn..........

K9Owner
10-15-2012, 10:58 PM
my goal for september was to run 2 miles a day on the treadmill for 5 days a week (work days) and i did make that goal although it was hard...i came down with an ear infection and sinus infection and missed 2 work days so i chose to run on a weekend to make up for it...also had two days where i was scheduled to work 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. with likely no break so those days i got up at 4:30 a.m. to run...that was hard lol

my goal in october is to work on HIIT on the treadmill...so far ive put in 2 weeks of that, 5 days a week (work days) and it's going well...weight is down again at the end of TOM...reading at 185.4 today which is a new low...been slowlyyy creeping down the 180s...still watching my calories

my ear is hurting again tonight so took a sudafed...hope it doesnt turn into another ear infection

That is great that you were able to get up and run, then do an 11 hr shift.
Me, personally, NO WAY!
But the job is different, I guess.
Hey, whatever the motivation, keep it up!!
I can remember when a mile was a struggle for you, so you are defo improving!!

I hate to hear this about your ear! You seem to have the worst luck with ear infections. Praying you feel better really soon!

Sum38
10-16-2012, 07:02 AM
I am mad this morning :mad:

I have been really bad and my scale has crept up and I am finally ready to work on this journey again. -- So I restarted everything on Sunday...back to logging and walking and weight lifting....I have been soooo good but how does my scale reward me, with freaking 2 pound gain!!!! -- It is ovulation time :no: -- Well I KNOW it is just water weight, but I needed some downward movement to keep me encouraged. :dunno: I absolutely HATE how I look! -- I hope I can stick with this! I want to get down to 140 by the end of the year. :tantrum:

Krystal we have no Halloween plans this year. A friend may throw a party, but kids are so big that they go on their own :cry:

Sending :dust: to all (I sure need it).

Sum38
10-18-2012, 11:05 AM
:woohoo: My 5th OP day :woohoo:

jomatho
10-18-2012, 12:17 PM

Awesome! I bet you are feeling a lot better getting back in the swing of things!

K9Owner
10-18-2012, 06:14 PM

I keep asking myself what is OP anymore :dizzy:
Ok, so maybe the rum and wine are officially off limits!! ;)

Sum38
10-19-2012, 07:39 AM
:lol3:

I am so ashamed how far I slipped.... I even saw 160 on my scale :o Week ago I was 158 and this morning 156.5.... I am so dumb! I keep doing my weight loss over and over again. -- This can not be good for my body!!

I made a promise to P that I would give him 3 months of healthy eating and exercise, obviously I can not do this for myself :no: -- So one week down, 11 more to go.

K9Owner
10-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Oh Kristiina: You poor dear! If I ever saw 160 on my scale again, I better be holding a sandbag or something that weighs 15lbs or more. :hug:

I had to make a detour from my earlier plan this week. I should have run today, but I had to go see my chiro instead. Work was a bit much on my back Wed & Thurs. So tomorrow, I am planning a 4-miler :running:

Tonight--it's scary movie night at my niece's house. I may carb load a little, but with TOM's pesky cRAVEN bird around this week---who is really concerned about 1 night. I have had a terrible eating week, but I'm back in the "not trying to lose atm" point in my fitness journey. I'm just trying to stay fueled for all the :running:
However, with the sugar cravings I've had this week, I should have chosen a more strategic eating plan.
1 step forward---2 steps back :kickcan:

Happi Weekend to each of you!!

alaskanlaughter
10-21-2012, 02:25 AM
i finished my third week of HIIT on the treadmill....going during workdays so i've hit 5 days a week for three weeks now of HIIT...the scale is reading between 184 directly after a workout and 188 at the end of the day/full of food etc...which is still a good downward trend, out of the 190s, and its slowly going downward still

celebrated one year at the gym on friday!! :) been going 5 days a week, running, for the entire year...still loving it and havent gotten bored....i did dabble in the weight machines during the summer and promptly got bored to tears...maybe one of these days i'll go back to that but i'm a firm believer in "the workout you like is the workout you'll do"

bought a pair of stretchy jean legging(?) or something like that, not exactly jeans but they button/zip...in a size 13 juniors last weekend :) they are tight, which is what i wanted when i bought them...and i was happy to see that i fit that size...however i know all brands are different...at another store, another brand, i couldnt fit into size 16 juniors and last summer i bought a pair of yoga pants size 4-6 and they fit just fine and i know i dont wear that size either

Sum38
10-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Luckily these 150's are just flying by...153.5 this am.
Something clicked with me and I WANT to stay OP each and every day. -- I had some ice cream last night and I felt yucky afterwards. I did not even finish the whole bowl. The chocolate sauce was making me feel nauseous.

I use MFP's food function to plan ahead for the entire week. I just do the basic meals and as the day goes on, I add all the snacks. -- Really helps me to stay accountable and stick to my plan.

I am having hard time with sleep though. I just can't seen to stay asleep. Any suggestions? Some nights I am up by 2 am :eek:

I hope all is well with you!! :grouphug:

K9Owner
10-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Kristiina: If it weren't for Benadryl, I'd never sleep.
My new aide is Equate PM--rapid release (WalMart)
It's a rapid release Tylenol PM capsule--you can't break it, so it's 25mg of Benadryl. It keeps me asleep for about 6 hrs--sometimes longer.

Sum38
10-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Still at 153.5 BUT I dropped 3 pounds in a week. :woohoo:

K9Owner
11-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Sorry I haven't been around.
My Mac is being repaired ($755) ugh! Why me??

Training is going well.
Running every opportunity I get.
I'm back to 5 miles. :woohoo:

Halloween has come & gone.
I managed to scrape by eating less than 200cals of candy.

My niece & I are going on a mini shopping spree in Nashville in a couple of weeks.
I'm looking forward to this!!

Hope you are all doing well.
Not sure how much longer I'll be without communication.
This is semi torture to me :-/

K9Owner
11-04-2012, 06:28 AM
My Mac is back.
I pray I NEVER have to take it to the repair shop ever again!!

Eating everything in sight for the past few days.
I'm not stressing--I'm getting smaller (with abs) but the scale is fluctuating between the same stupid lbs. I don't care. My clothes look and feel fabulous!

How is everyone??

Sum38
11-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Bummer about your computer Krystal!!! That was an expensive fix.

jomatho
11-13-2012, 07:35 AM
Hey girls, just hopping in to say Hi and that I am doing well. I am super busy with some projects right now and just haven't had time to track or post.

Sum38
11-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Hi Jo :hug:

Make sure you'll come back tomorrow to wish ME happy birthday :lol:

Ladies, I have had hard time staying OP...I was doing so well and now, blah. I am at 156 pounds :o -- I am going to go and visit my mom in Finland in Late January and I can not let my friends see me like this :moo: I stayed OP yesterday and I hope, wish and pray that I can have more days like yesterday...but then there is that BIRTHDAY (hehehe) and I have plans to go out for karaoki on Friday with friends and comedy club on Saturday with more friends....and I know the following week the celebration will continue with a dinner or two. :headache: -- I love my friends but they are bad for my waist :devil:

I miss you ladies :grouphug:

K9Owner
11-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi girls
Well, I have just thrown in the towel for November.
I was doing so well on my runs & then 4 days ago, I became sick--very sick.
What is up with me being so ill lately?
I used to never get sick.
This started out as something that felt like strep throat, which I acquire very easily, but it has turned into the sinus infection from out of nowhere!
My head hurts so much, despite taking multiple things to ease it.

My race is December 1 & from the looks of it, I may either walk it or just not do it :cry:

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. I'll be saving lives :woohoo:

Sum38
11-24-2012, 12:49 PM
I hope you are starting to feel better Krystal :hug:

Well my upcoming trip(s) is keeping me OP. Scale registered 152.6 this am :dance: I am so ready to see 140's again.

I shopped some clothing for my trip and they are way too small right now; I MUST fit into them late January. -- I even bought a size 6 pants as a teaser :eek:

Where is JO? I haven't seen her at MFP either.

K9Owner
11-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Kristiina: A size 6? Really?? There is no way I'd brave that. It'd sit in my closet forever, b/c I wouldn't be able to wear it--ever! Kudos to you on the losing steak again :congrat:

Race Day is quickly approaching! I am set some pretty awesome PRs for myself, and I am glad to say, I am ready for this race! I can hardly believe I am doing this again. This may very well be my last 1/2. I am very anxious about lifting and getting my body to look the way i know it can if I will just commit to a little solid nutrition and proper lifting. I feel as though all of this cardio is holding me back.

Happy Hump Day

Hope you all are doing fabulous :flow1:

Sum38
11-28-2012, 10:11 AM
The race is this weekend, right? How is the course?

Once I hit 140, which I will :D, I will start fitting into my 6's. I am tired of being fat :( Tired of looking like a cow :moo:. I started taking pictures of my belly...all hanging out, not sucking in etc, and it is just plain gross. Those pictures are a huge motivator...all I have to do is look at them and things don't pass my lips :lol:

I gave up coffee (started drinking white tea) and wine. Both of those caused terrible bloat and made me look even fatter :mad:

I started lifting as well. I am still a feather weight but atleast I am doing it. P will create a program for me. -- He is looking absolutely amazing :love: he lifts almost every day (different muscle groups of course) and has but on nearly 10 pounds in muscle. Yum :drool:

I miss you gals :grouphug: