Atkins - What's for dinner?

View Full Version : What's for dinner?

islandchick1
07-03-2012, 12:03 AM
My friend, Sandyfanny, used to post these threads. I didn't see any lately so I thought I would start one for July 2012 :D They are an awesome way to learn new recipes so our Atkins WOE doesn't get boring. So if any of you would like to share, please feel free :D

July 2,2012
Breakfast: 6 pieces of bacon and 16.9 (one bottle) oz. of water.
Lunch: Nice salad with romaine hearts, 6 baby grape tomatoes, 2 pieces of bacon, 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar/jack cheese, 2TBSP ranch dressing. 16.9 oz. of waer
Supper: 3 breakfast egg and bacon crustless quiche. (I had forgotten just how good these were...YUMMY! 16.9 oz. of water.

My snack right now...16.9 oz. of water :lol:

Happy Atkins everyone!

islandchick1
07-03-2012, 10:38 PM
July 3. 2012
Breakfast: AWESOME egg, bacon, onion, chive, cheddar, jalepeno crustless quiche Y~U~M~M~Y (I had forgotten how wonderful this recipe was) 16.9 oz water
Lunch" Modest salad with romaine hearts, 6 baby grape tomatoes, cheddar, and ranch dressing and (2) 16.9 oz of water.
Supper 1/2 can of tuna fish plain
<D~E~S~S~E~R~T>: 1/4 HWC with 2 tsp unsweented koolaide lemonaide, 1/4 tsp vanilla and one packet of stevia.WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!! LOVED IT

ALG918
07-03-2012, 10:44 PM
July 3

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, bacon bits, two sausage patties Water

Lunch: Tuna, 1/2 a can, mayo, cheese shredded, onion, salt, lettuce wrapped (diet soda)

Dinner: 3 pieces of bacon, 6 snap peas, salad dressing, cheese cubes (6) pork (seasoned) Water

Drinking Water and Sugar Free Strawberry Gum For a snack

ALG918
07-03-2012, 10:45 PM
How many carbs do you have a day? and how many was this meal?

July 3. 2012
Breakfast: AWESOME egg, bacon, onion, chive, cheddar, jalepeno crustless quiche Y~U~M~M~Y (I had forgotten how wonderful this recipe was) 16.9 oz water
Lunch" Modest salad with romaine hearts, 6 baby grape tomatoes, cheddar, and ranch dressing and (2) 16.9 oz of water.
Supper 1/2 can of tuna fish plain
<D~E~S~S~E~R~T>: 1/4 HWC with 2 tsp unsweented koolaide lemonaide, 1/4 tsp vanilla and one packet of stevia.WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!! LOVED IT

islandchick1
07-03-2012, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE=ALG918;4393197]How many carbs do you have a day? and how many was this meal?[/QUOTE
Hi Alg918,
I eat 20 net carbs daily. Sometimes it's a little less and sometimes it might go over by one or two carbs.

The breakfast quiche is roughly 2 carbs per serving. I either cook a whole quiche using 12 eggs, plus other ingredients and then divide into 12 squares or I will pour them into 12 cupcake holders and cook them that way. I will usually eat 2 servings of this, so my carbs are 4

The salad is about 2 cups total of the romaine hearts the 6 grape tomatos and about a 1/4 cup of shredded cheese with about 2TSBP of ranch dressing. This is about 8 carbs.

Of course the tuna has no carbs.

The little dessert I make has 3.6 carbs per serving. I consider my serving to be 1/4 cup.
So I usually will have a 1/2 cup serving making the carbs 7.4.

Carbs for the day for this meal is about 19.4.
I have done Atkins twice with great success and quick success. Atkins works great! It's when I decide I want to eat all the things that are really bad for me that I gain it back. I love bread and delicious cakes, ect., ect. I just can't have any and be healthy and fit. Atkins has always been the right track for me to get healthy.

ALG918
07-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Im eating roughly the same amount as you i think i did my carbs today and i was at like 15 or so. Im finding that i have stopped loosing, or gaining a .2 lbs here or there. Have you ever hit those times? what did you do to get over it

islandchick1
07-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Yes I have and we all do at times. Plateaus are a normal part of the weight loss process, as frustrating as they are. I have done several things in the past. 1) I might rev up the calories a tiny bit (100 to 200 more per day) - our bodies can be so resistent to letting go of the fat.

2) I have added lifting a few weights to make my body wonder "HER??????EXERCISING???? :lol: and confuse it

3) I have upped the CARBS to about 50. It takes you out of ketosis, and you have to start Induction all over again, BUT it does kickstart everything.

4) If I keep the carbs in the 15 to 20 range I have just added more water and switch my normal menu (I'm notorious for just eating the same things over and over again everyday because it's EASY :lol: Not to mention LAZY :lol: )to something new.

I hate plateaus because I am impatient. I want to be thin and I want to be thin NOW dang it! :lol:
All joking aside, hang in there. Try mixing it up a little and see what works best for you :)
~Blessings!~

And By The Way.. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: on all the lbs. you've lost since starting your journey. Awesome job

ALG918
07-04-2012, 12:59 PM
HEy thanks for the advice, i am going to see how i do by my Sunday weighting. What kind of things should i add to my diet if i choose to up my carbs? Cottage Cheese? Fruit? at this point i usually only eat meat, cheese, and some veggies.

islandchick1
07-04-2012, 07:13 PM
ALG ,
Go SLOW when adding carbs. I would never add more than 10 to 20 at a time. I think if you add some of the things listed in the OWL section of the book you'll be ok (You don't want to undo the great success you've already had). Most likely you will go out of INDUCTION, but try it for a week or two then jump right back on Induction.

Now here's a thought: I noticed you said you usually ate meat, CHEESE and some veggies. CHEESE makes ALOT of Atkins people stall and have plataues as well as onions. Before you up your carbs, why don't you try eating more eggs than actual meats and keep the cheese to 3to 4 oz per day or less? Let me know what you decide and how it goes :)

Also another thought :lol: Have you seen the postings by Jerseygirl? She's very knowledgeable when it comes to Atkins. Maybe you can pick her brain too to see if she has some good ideas for you as well :)

ALG918
07-04-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm not really following a diet, just cutting out carbs and learning as I go. Though I do eat cheese I don't think I have more then what you mentioned. to day I had prob 1/2 inch thick by 2in x 3in... and that's all today....I haven't quite figured out why my body reacts to or not...I'm afraid that one diet isn't the right way... have had great success doing what I have been doing, but not sure if I will continue loosing! I guess its all part of the learning experience.

islandchick1
07-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Well you know your body better than anyone and it looks like it's been working :)

Just try a few minor things at a time and give it a week and see if it gets things moving again.

I know of one lady who will start counting calories (aprrox 1700 perday) for 2 weeks, then jumps back into Induction and it seems to work well for her.

Keep me posted on how your doing :)

islandchick1
07-04-2012, 07:58 PM
July 4, 2012...HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Breakfast: 6 pieces of bacon, 2 16.9 oz of water.
Lunch: 2 hamburger patties, 1 thin slice of tomato, 2 small rings of onion, 3 sliced dill pickles 1 16.9 oz of water
Supper: 6 boiled eggs
:dancer: dessert! 1/2 cup of my lemony wonder :dancer:

ALG918
07-04-2012, 08:00 PM
You sooo much strong them me in what you eat, i eat more fluffy food!

islandchick1
07-04-2012, 08:12 PM
You sooo much strong them me in what you eat, i eat more fluffy food!
:lol: I think it's because I have had some really good success in the past with Atkins, I just do it. I have experiemented to figure out the things that I can get by on. It's not a matter of being stronger than you ALG, since all my kids have grown up, I'm LAZY and try to get by on the minimal amount of things :lol:

I don't know how long you have been on 3FC, but there are some really inspirational stories on here. For me this time around, I had the HARDEST time deciding if I wanted to do Atkins, count calories, or what. I had a super hard time just getting into gear, but now that I have I hope I am on a roll. :)

ALG918
07-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Yeah i know that no carbs work for..I just need to find that combination that works I guess... that's where i struggle i dont know whats right or whats wrong.. or even if there is!

ALG918
07-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Well it was either the mass amount of water i am starting to drink or walking yesterday but i went from 355 to 352.6. Or my body jus finally coming out of whatever funk it was in! but YEAH!!! my goal is to be under 350 (75lbs loss) by Sunday

ALG918
07-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Breakfast:
Hotdogs (2)
Eggs (scrambled, 3)
Cheese

Lunch:
1 chicken breast
Porkrine crusted (porkrines, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder)
Sugar Snap Peas
Ranch

Dinner:
2.5 lettuce wrapped Tacos
Beef, homemade taco sauce, cheese, sour cream.
192oz of water

islandchick1
07-05-2012, 11:40 PM
July 5, 2012
Breakfast: 6 pieces of bacon, 2 boiled eggs 1 16.9 bottle of water

Lunch: 3 Boiled eggs
1/2 cup lemony dessert 2 16.9 oz of water

Supper 4 (halves) stuffed jalepenos

Snack 3 1oz pepperjack cheese sticks 2 16.9 0z water

islandchick1
07-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Well it was either the mass amount of water i am starting to drink or walking yesterday but i went from 355 to 352.6. Or my body jus finally coming out of whatever funk it was in! but YEAH!!! my goal is to be under 350 (75lbs loss) by Sunday

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep it up!!!! :)

ALG918
07-06-2012, 11:09 AM
well weighed in this morning and i am up to 354.6 (BAH!!!) i just can not shake 350's

islandchick1
07-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Missed yesterday.
July 6, 2012
Breakfast: 6 pieces of bacon, 2 stuffed jalepenos (each was a half)
2 16.9 oz water

Lunch: 4 halves of stuffed jalepenos, 15 spanish olives 16.9 oz water

Supper: 2 oz shredded raost beef 16 oz diet dr pepper
16.9 oz water

TiffNeedsChange
07-07-2012, 07:09 PM
I'd like to join in!
Today:
Breakfast: 2 hard fried eggs cooked inside red bell pepper slices with a small salad w/ranch dressing on the side
Lunch: chicken salad (chicken, mayo, mustard, sugar free relish, red onion, red bell pepper, celery, dill, pepper, salt) eaten on 4 romaine lettuce leaves with 1/2 avocado divided on top
Dinner will be Shell-less Taco salad made with ground turkey, lettuce, tomato, a little cheese, and guacamole

islandchick1
07-07-2012, 09:45 PM
:welcome: Tiff :)
This is open to anyone who would like to share.
I find that by showing others what I am eating, they might be able to offer tips and suggestions to help us all.
Also, I have gotten some awesome recipes here!
So once again :welcome: !
Judy

islandchick1
07-07-2012, 09:47 PM
ALG, that is such a cute picture of you and you dog. What kind is it?

aud
07-07-2012, 11:59 PM
July 3. 2012
. . . .

I want some Lemony-Wonder-Dessert:carrot: . . but don't know what "HWC" is.:( ?

Something that may be missing for you ALG is Salads/Vegetables? I would definitely try that before upping carbs - I know, because it's something I have to remind myself to do lol.

JG's:hug: fave lowcarb recipe site--anything with * is suitable for Induction:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/salad_recipes.html

ALG918
07-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Island, he is a St Bernard!! lots of walking coming!!! he is about 4 weeks. We pick him up Aug 4th So excited, his name is duke

islandchick1
07-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi aud. HWC is heavy whipping cream :)

islandchick1
07-08-2012, 01:49 PM
SATURDAY July 7, 2012 (boyfriend is in town so not much time for the computer :lol: )

Breakfast : 6 pieces of bacon one egg and 16.9 oz of water

Lunch: 3oz of shredded smoked ham, a tomato slice, slice of avocado, slice of pepperjack cheese 2 16.9 oz bottled water

Supper 1/2 c. zuchinni squash. 1/2 c green beans, small grilled chicken breast 2 16.9 oz water

late snack: sugar free jello

islandchick1
07-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Sunday July 8, 2012

BREAKFAST: 2 scrambled eggs cooked in bell pepper rings (this is REALLY cute if you fry the eggs like this. They look like flowers :) ) small salad with romaine hearts, and cucumbers 20 diet dr pepper (needed some caffiene)

LUNCH:2 boiled eggs, shredded ham 16.9 oz water

SUPPER: romaime sald, grilled zuchinni, grilled sirloin 2 16.9 oz of water

I feel like the hooverdam...I'm holding soooo much water :lol:

ALG918
07-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Sunday July 8th -

Workout: 20mins Zumba and 20mins walking my complex (zigzag uphill x2)

Breakfast: 2 scrambled egg, 2tbsp bacon, 2oz cheese. 16oz water.

Snack: 1.5 oz mixed nuts

Lunch: 2 pieces Ham, 2 pieces Turkey, 2 pieces bacon, 2oz cheese, 1 tbsp honey mustard.

Dinner: Chicken Breast, Green Beans, 2 tbsp ranch dressing

Snack: 3 bacon slices

islandchick1
07-08-2012, 06:54 PM
ALG how do you like zumba? I have 6 cd's of it but I just can't seem to find the time. I LOVE to dance -all kinds of music- but just haven't gotten into it. I do most of my workouts in my pool. I do a lot of reverse sit ups, both regular and twisted and things with my legs that involve weights and I use weights for my arm exercises in the pool as well.
You're doing an awesome job! :)

ALG918
07-08-2012, 06:57 PM
My weight is not showing an awesome job, but i know its the way it goes.. I have zumba for the wii, i like it , i cant keep up with most of it, but i keep moving, i can do the song "pause" its my favorite...but its nice to spice things up i didnt feel like i did enough this morning thats why i went for the walk, the hills in the complex make it great for getting the heart right up and then the flats are good.

islandchick1
07-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Monday July 9, 2012

BREAKFAST: 6 PIECES OF BACON

LUNCH: ROMAINE SALAD W/ TOMATOS AND CUCMBERS AND OLIVES

SUPPER: CRUSTLESS QUICHE W/EGGS. JALEPENOS, RED BELL PEPPER, ONIONS, CELERY, PEPPER JACK CHEESE.

4 16.9 BOTTLES OF WATER. oh and did I mention I am sick and tired of all this dang water???????????????????????????????????????????

Kamiro
07-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Thank you for this thread, ladies. I have enjoyed lurking here today. I would really love to give Zumba a try. Netflix doesnt have it, so I got some bellydancing dvds in my queue instead.

Tomorrow for dinner I am thinking a stuffed bell pepper
or
cheeseburger in a romaine heart...

islandchick1
07-10-2012, 11:29 PM
You're welcome Kamiro :) Join in!

Tuesday July 10, 2012
BREAKFAST : CRUSTLESS QUICHE

LUNCH CRUSTLESS QUICHE

SUPPER : CRUSTLESS QUICHE.

WATER,WATER WARER, WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER
BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H
I AM SO DANG TIRED OF WATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

****NO VARIETY IN THE MENU TODAY :lol:************
I am tired of being soooo gooood and not seeing the results I want! :mad:

ALG918
07-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Island...i am right there with you!!!

weight: 356.6

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces bacon

Lunch: Homemade burger (no bun) mayo, and salad w/ ranch

Dinner: McDonalds - Big mac (no bun) double quarter pounder (no bun)

Workout: 30 min walk complex up hil zigzag, walk to dinner

Simona
07-11-2012, 09:12 AM
My menu for today:

B: Protein Shake
L: Grilled Burger (no bun)
D: Chicken Breast
S: Cucumbers, Egg Salad, Celery Sticks

islandchick1
07-11-2012, 03:14 PM
:bravo: on the lbs lost Simona WTG! :dancer:

islandchick1
07-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Sooooooo.... I am in a little better mood than yesterday :)

JULY 11, 2012

BREAKFAST : 6 PIECES OF BACON
LUNCH : MIXED GREEN SALAD WITH GRAPE TOMATOS AND CUCUMBERS
SUPPER: >>>>>>BEEF FAJITAS<<<<<<<<< :D

Kamiro
07-12-2012, 01:59 AM
Ok what is this crustless quiche and beef fajitas? mmm are they on that gnew site?

B: I ate eggs, mushroom, spinach, garlic, and cheese scrambled
L: 2 mcdonalds mcdoubles ($2 is cheap) no bun/ketchup
D: probably 10 lettuce wrapped turkey and mozzerella cheese slices
S: 3 sugar free jellos, 1 can diet pepsi, 1 crystal light, 1 cup coffee with cream and stevia

water: atleast 5 16 ounce bottles.

I was burning small ketones @ 7pm. Weird cause it went from negative almost all day to trace, and then to small.
I am POS a lot today. I have been on this WOL for 71 hours now. :)

ghost
07-12-2012, 03:20 AM
Hmmmm, jumping in here, lol I can't believe I never noticed this thread before. I must be blind.

B: coffee w/ 1 packet of splenda and half and half
L: broccoli slaw and tuna with green onions, cilantro, mayonnaise and sour cream, mixed up into a tuna salad.
D: buffalo hot wings and 2 miller lite...ya...you read that right, I'm getting my carbs today from beeeeeeer!:lol3: I ran out of red wine so I had to break into the Mans manly beverage stash.

islandchick1
07-12-2012, 08:06 AM
:lol: Ghost....welcome to What's for dinner :)

Ok Kamiro.... MY crustless quiche is made with these basic ingrediients: heavy whipping cream, eggs, and cheese. I also add in my veggies here. I use celery, green onions, jalepenos, bacon or sausage, & chives. I season it with pepper and red pepper flakes, The smell of it cooking with make you insane because it smells so good. When I get home from work today, I will post the actual "how to" make it. :)

Also beef fajitas are just beef skirt that I used a dry spice rub on for marinade and then cooked in a skillet with red bell peppers, onions & jalepenos & olive oil (you could use green bell peppers, I like mine hot though :) ) I put a slice of avocado on my plate and a little sour cream and dipped into it. They were quite awesome. NO tortillas of course, but it sure was filling.

Simona
07-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Menu today is:

B: 1/2 Western Omelette
L: 2 Chicken Drumsticks
D: Other 1/2 of the Western
S: Cheese, Mini Cucumber, Celery Sticks & 2 Hard Boiled Eggs

Had to amend my menu - forgot my breakfast protein shake at home :(

islandchick1
07-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Crustless quiche:

Celery, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt
0.5 x 2 stalks (75g)

Cheese, cheddar
1.0 x 1 cup, shredded (113g)

Cream, fluid, heavy whipping
2.0 x 1 tbsp (15g)

Cream, sour, cultured
2.0 x 1 tbsp (12g)

Egg, whole, raw, fresh
12.0 x 1 large (50g)

Onions, raw
1.0 x 1 small (70g)

Peppers, jalapeno, raw
1.0 x 1 pepper (14g)

Pork, cured, bacon, cooked, microwaved
3.0 x 1 ounce (28g)

USDA Commodity, pork, sausage, bulk/links/patties, frozen, cooked
1.0 x 100 grams (100g)

Preparation

Mix together in one bowl all ingredients. 12 eggs 1 stalk finely chopped celery 1/3 small onion finely chopped 1 bag of real bacon bits (1cup approx.) 1 jalepeno pepper finely chopped 4 precooked Jimmy Dean sausage patties, crumbled 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice 2 Tbsp. of sour cream 2 Tbsp. of heavy whipping cream 1/4 tsp. salt pepper to taste 1/4 tsp. garlic powder 1/4 tsp. of chili powder Pour into individual cupcake cups Bake 30 mins at 350 Let cool Ready when they can be handled without burning yourself. Yield 12 servings

islandchick1
07-13-2012, 12:15 AM
July 12, 2012

BREAKFAST: 6 PCS. BACON 1 BOILED EGG

LUNCH: BEEF FAJITAS NO TORTILLA :)

SUPPER: TACO SALAD
NOT AS MUCH WATER AS I SHOULD HAVE HAD :lol:

TiffNeedsChange
07-13-2012, 01:17 AM
Sorry for my absence! Life has been hectic ;)
Wow, I had no idea that there was zumba for the wii... I need to give that a shot!
Glad to see you're mood is better islandchic. I love the bell pepper ring eggs too!

Today:
B:3 scrambled eggs, 2 slices bacon
L: 3 slices bacon, 4 oz homemade cream of tomato soup
D: 3 very small slices of low carb pizza(homemade)topped w/green bell peppers, black olives, mushroom, pepperoni (even made my own low carb pizza sauce-added some fresh basil to the sauce and crust..)YUM plus 5 romaine lettuce leaves plain

TiffNeedsChange
07-13-2012, 01:21 AM
Lol @ghost "beeeeeeeeer"

Kamiro
07-13-2012, 01:43 AM
Island that sounds sooo delicious. Thank you for taking the time to share the recipe with me!

B:2 eggs 4 turkey sausage links
L: 2 lettuce cheese roll ups, SF "jello"
D:I had a hamburger topped with Mushrooms and swiss on a bed of lettuce, 6 devilled eggs, 1/2 cup creamed cauliflower

I think I will make the quiche tonight while kids are asleep so I can eat it in morning instead of falling back on eggs and turkey sausage.

islandchick1
07-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Welcome back Tiff! Glad you liked the bell pepper ring/egg thing :) I do it just to break up the "same old eggs" thing :lol:

Kamiro, I make that quiche two seperate ways. Either I make it as above snd bake into individual cupcake holders and bake in muffin pans OR i just back in a dish i have greased with butter. They take about an hour and 10 minutes @400 F. They are good this way because you can always freeze them and cook several days worth of breakfast (or whatever meal/snack) at a time. The other way also bake @ 400F but for about an hour and a half. This is one of my fav. receipes to make for atkins! :)

Kamiro
07-13-2012, 03:09 PM
eating this quiche now. yum! I had to sub things around a little for what I had on hand and for dietary reasons:
I left out the sour cream and added bell pepper
I subbed turkey sausage and a leftover hamburger patty (food processor)
Used spinach instead of celery
Mixed in shredded pepperjack cheese

used garlic powder, no salt seasoning, a bit of salt and baked at 400 for an hour in pyrex

With my chai tea drink, this is definitely good eats....(drinking my water too!)
Last nights sugar free candy binge and sugar snap pea cheating took me out of ketosis (gee, imagine that) and gave me gastriointestinal distress (lol)
I am sure I will be back in shortly...Learning more so I can do it correctly! I feel better and not so hungry so that is a sure sign of improvement!

islandchick1
07-13-2012, 08:45 PM
I love this quiche recipe and change it around all the time myself. I LOVE hot and spicy. So I cook with a lot of different peppers.

Glad you liked it Kamiro :)

TiffNeedsChange
07-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Happy weekend everyone!

B: 1 serving spinach/mushroom/cheddar quiche
L: 1 serving quiche
Snack: sliced 1/4 cup jicama very thinly and fried to make "potato" chips
D: 1 serving low carb pizza leftover from last night
Snack: 1 cup sugar free strawberry jello

Plan on making Cream cheese muffins tomorrow for some of the week's breakfasts

Kamiro
07-13-2012, 11:27 PM
cream cheese muffins? lol

off to google!

ghost
07-14-2012, 02:52 AM
Alright I've been bad. Had a few beers at the BBQ tonight, but other the that on plan with pork shoulder on the BBQ,a d salmon and a few tortilla chips with guacamole. For me, with. Y usual BBQ behavior...this is progress!

Kamiro
07-14-2012, 05:33 AM
I was bad too. Atkins bars showed up in the mail from when I had signed up last week (I forgot I had done that) and...I ate 2 of them today...and some sugar free candy.
I keep wondering if I should just buckle down and risk being miserable, or just continue on not stressing like I am because it is still an improvement over a week ago and I am serious about this being a way of life for me.

I have a sugar free life now. I don't eat bread or pasta. Someday I may eat a bit of brown rice, or popcorn but not until I've gotten control of myself...This is just kind of my philosophy tonight.

Do you think thats dangerous to weight loss?

Still in 'trace' ketones in urine tonight. I figure as long as I am showing trace, I'm ok.

Ate a taco salad tonight --- oh..yum! It was really great.
Quiche for brunch, Dinner was taco salad,
Snacks today: I ate 2 atkins bars, 4 pieces of turkey meat wrapped up in a cheese stick, a sugar free jello, and 5 pieces of sf candy.

TiffNeedsChange
07-14-2012, 12:10 PM
cream cheese muffins? lol

off to google!

I got this off of the lowcarbfriends website, the website is down for maintenance today so I will post it here for you. There are so many options so I just am posting the basic recipe and 2 topping options. Over on the site I got them from there is an entire thread on these little guys.

CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS (the tops will fall if they cool too fast but from what I read they are good like that because then you can add a topping in the divot)

Cream cheese Muffins (Low-Carb Mini-Cheesecakes)
Basic Recipe

2 8-oz. pks. cream cheese
1/2 cup sweetener (granular Splenda, OR 1/4 cup Splenda, 1/4 cup sugar-free Da Vinci syrup OR equivalent, as desired)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract (or lemon, or almond, etc.)
Optional: Cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, or other low-carb topping, to taste. (Reserve.)

Soften cream cheese about 40 seconds in microwave.
Add other basic ingredients.
Beat with mixer or whisk till smooth. (Do not overbeat.)
Pour into non-stick muffin pan, and/or use non-stick spray. (If using cupcake/muffin papers, can spray papers with non-stick spray.)
Sprinkle with cinnamon or choice of topping, if desired.
Bake at 350 for 18-20 min. (Less for mini-muffins, 10-12 minutes.) Will not brown. Should be mostly set up, but somewhat soft in middle

To reduce sinking centers: Bake only 18 minutes. Cool in oven with oven door open for 1/2 - 1 hour, then cover and cool on counter for 1/2 - 1 hour, then refrigerate. (Can use water bath; place shallow pan of water on lower shelf while preheating oven.)

Taste best chilled. Keeps well in refrigerator. Can be frozen.

Full Basic Recipe as written, with Splenda:
43 carbs, 2398 calories, 210 fat grams, 96 protein grams.
If making regular-sized muffin cups, each one has:
3.6 carbs, 200 calories, 17.5 fat grams, and 8 protein grams.
If using half Splenda, half zero-carb liquid sweetener;
31 carbs, 2374 calories, 17.5 fat grams, and 8 protein grams, so 1(of 12) has:
2.6 carbs, 200 calories, 17.5 fat grams, and 8 protein grams.

Variations: (NOTE: Adjust carb counts accordingly!)

Use 1/3 cup - 1/2 cup da Vinci’s syrup of choice; omit Splenda and maybe extract.

Add vanilla protein powder for more protein, or to thicken if using all liquid sweetener.

TOPPING OPTIONS:
Lemon Whipped Cream:
Add about one-fourth tub of Crystal Light Lemonade drink mix to cup of whipping cream before whipping.

Chocolate (or other) Frosting:
Blend 1/4 packet sugar free chocolate pudding with 1 cup heavy whipping cream and 1/8 cup of granular Splenda. Whip until very thick. (Can use other flavors of sugar-free pudding.)

:devil:

TiffNeedsChange
07-14-2012, 12:18 PM
I was bad too. Atkins bars showed up in the mail from when I had signed up last week (I forgot I had done that) and...I ate 2 of them today...and some sugar free candy.
I keep wondering if I should just buckle down and risk being miserable, or just continue on not stressing like I am because it is still an improvement over a week ago and I am serious about this being a way of life for me.

I have a sugar free life now. I don't eat bread or pasta. Someday I may eat a bit of brown rice, or popcorn but not until I've gotten control of myself...This is just kind of my philosophy tonight.

Do you think thats dangerous to weight loss?

I got the Atkins bars in the mail too, I am saving them for long days at work just in case but I won't eat them unless my options are bleak. One days with Atkins bars isn't going to kill you but they have non-induction approved ingredients.
I love living sugar free, I never get hungry, and am satisfied. Glad to see you're doing pretty well.
As for the brown rice and popcorn, I would follow the appropriate rungs of OWL as for when (and if) you can introduce them. Everyone slips up but I think that as long as you are on plan 95% of the time you'll be fine. I am new to this so many some more seasoned LCers will have better input.:dizzy:

Kamiro
07-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Thanks Tiff! I meant some day after I have lost all my weight and have learned some self control with the brown rice, no where near ready for that. My prob seems to be this darn sweet teeth plus postpartum hormone surges lol. got chromium supplements- maybe they will start kicking in.

I pos about 8 times a day :( this AM it was negative.

When did you start with Atkins to lose your 15 pounds?

TiffNeedsChange
07-14-2012, 11:51 PM
No probldm! :) Started atkins about 2&1/2 weeks ago, had 3 days in there that I didn't say eat on plan (son was sick, mom in hospital) so I just counted calories those days. Since starting atkins I have lost 12 pounds. If you're having major cravings there are quite a few good recipes on genaw.com for desserts (the ones with the * are induction friendly). I did a few days of sweet free/sweetener free to help rid myself of the cravings.
Good plan on waiting to eat rice, bread is my trigger.
Pos are you talking about ketostix? I don't use them since I read that they can be inaccurate. So, don't let that get you down. Just make sure your carbs and their sources are in check.

islandchick1
07-16-2012, 10:58 PM
YUK! Sinus headache!
B: 5 pcs bacon
L: salad
S: Fajitas

Kamiro
07-17-2012, 07:52 PM
B: 4 eggs in bell pepper rings, 4 pieces of turkey bacon, 3 sauteed mushrooms
D: Cauliflower soup
S: Taco salad (with kale instead of lettuce. out of lettuce)

islandchick1
07-17-2012, 10:59 PM
Feeling just kinda blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Not in the mood for food right now :(

TiffNeedsChange
07-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Oh yea, the headache/sore throat turned into a full on cold :/ going to try to stay on plan the rest of the week (today was far from being on plan-yikes. I am not used to being so worn out!)

islandchick1
07-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Yall please use the thread oringinally started by my friend Sandyfanny. She posts a lot of really awesome receipes on hers :)

queenie91
07-19-2012, 11:50 PM
I made a chicken salad with almonds. It was delicious but I am still feeling a bit hungry and dreaming about a protein shake. Going to make my dreams come true tonight. Lol.

ghost
07-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Tonight: got tons of fresh basil so we're having caprese salad with pancetta wrapped spinach rolls. It's going to be heaven:drool:

TiffNeedsChange
07-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Ooooh ghost that sounds delicious!
I made pork ribs with low carb bbq sauce and creamed spinach... I need to find a different bbq sauce recipe

sandyfanny
07-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Queenie, what's in your protein shake? If it's so good, you dream about it, I definitely need the scoop on it. Thanks!

ghost
07-26-2012, 01:22 AM
Tonight, pan fried ribeye steak and rapini ( cooked in the ribeye juices after deglazing the pan with Pinot noir). It was super yum. I love low carb ;)