Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 07/02/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 07/02/12

rissimo
07-02-2012, 06:09 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Cadu
07-02-2012, 06:42 AM
Happy Monday Everybody

Just popping in to wish everyone a great week.

Chloe222
07-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Good morning all!

Cadu,
I've missed you! But I understand the need to get things done other than read 3FatChicks and hang out with all the IPeeps all day - although it's my favorite thing to do.

Newmom,
I understand your anxiety over phase 4. I'm sure you've scoured the Maintenance thread, I'm on there daily as I want to be totally prepared before I get there.

My experience with a 4 week phase off (2 weeks phase 2, 2 weeks phase 3) before I went on a food and wine tour in May was that this can work so easily. I really think it was the careful and longish phase off. When on that vacation, I had 2 wine tastings/day plus a lot of wine with dinner, dessert every night, lots of bread and butter (this was in Europe where the bread is worth eating), and often 2 breakfasts since I was up a couple of hours before most...Only gained 3.2 pounds which came off the first week.

I've already purchased some low carb cookbooks and am thinking about sources for low carb ingredients and those recipes from IP I want to keep using in phase 4...

Just thought I'd share my tidbit of experience. You'll do really well, especially since you are now an IP coach and are surrounded by all that positive influence constantly. And, of course, we're here for you!

Everyone,
Stay cool as this heat wave is relentless. Stay OP!

Thorfinn
07-02-2012, 07:44 AM
'Morning folks. I am looking forward to my WI tomorrow.

Going to take some frequent customers of mine out on the reservoir so their kids can tube today. Hopefully it warms up quickly out there.

sanibelover
07-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Good Morning All!!!

Do you think it's a good idea to donate blood while on IP? Not sure I have read anything about that.

Betsy

WingnutandMe
07-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Good morning all,

Up early even though on vacation. We're going to look at another classic car. Pretty close to a 4 hour drive. If we get this one, it will stay up here at the cottage. Then we'll have something cool up here to cruise around in.

I am taking a bar for my lunch protein. Hope to find a salad for lunch then. I should be set.

Did not bring a scale up here with me, so I will miss two weigh ins. Sure hope it will be a big one in a couple more weeks.

Have not been able to even check in here since dial up is so slow during the day, plus doing lots of fun things outside.

Take care, be good, stay 100% OP

Molly

evepet
07-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Good morning all!

My experience with a 4 week phase off (2 weeks phase 2, 2 weeks phase 3) before I went on a food and wine tour in May was that this can work so easily. I really think it was the careful and longish phase off. When on that vacation, I had 2 wine tastings/day plus a lot of wine with dinner, dessert every night, lots of bread and butter (this was in Europe where the bread is worth eating), and often 2 breakfasts since I was up a couple of hours before most...Only gained 3.2 pounds which came off the first week.

I find it really reassuring that you were able to handle the vacation phase out so well, and get back on track again to finish off to your goal. It's certainly encouraging.

Going to take some frequent customers of mine out on the reservoir so their kids can tube today. Hopefully it warms up quickly out there.

Have a great day! Sounds like lots of fun.

Happy Monday Everybody

You too Cadu - You've been missed. :hug:

Thx for opening today's Chat rissimo. :)

I woke up wide awake at 5AM ! For several days it's been 7AM.... now today even earlier. This early bird stuff is totally unlike me. I certainly hope that this isn't a new trend, because I don't want to get up this early regularly!

My TO Hq decided to tack on a few extra holiday days to the Canada Day weekend and close this week, as historically it's always proved to be a really slow sales week. I'm all for it - looking forward to having the whole week off to just 'do my thing' and relax.

Looks like we're heading into a pretty hot, humid week here... that makes it especially nice to be able to just relax.

Everyone have a great day - and keep it OP. Cheers for now.

PhoenixRisingAgain
07-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Morning All! Was a rough weekend for me.... :(

Shakin' it off and starting fresh this morning.

I wish old habits didn't take so long to die.

And I wish I had made time to come here; it would have helped!

~phoenix~

northernfawn
07-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Good morning everyone, I've been away from the boards for the last couple of weeks and until now I didn't realize how much I actually depend on being able to come here for support. So a great big thank-you to all of you who post daily... so 2 weeks away and down 1 lb, I'm feeling good about that and I'm officially in ONDERLAND!!!! feels really good starting the summer challenge under 200 lbs... have a great OP day everyone

Chloe222
07-02-2012, 09:02 AM

That sounds delightful, for you, your customers, and kids!

Good morning all,

Up early even though on vacation. We're going to look at another classic car. Pretty close to a 4 hour drive. If we get this one, it will stay up here at the cottage. Then we'll have something cool up here to cruise around in.

I am taking a bar for my lunch protein. Hope to find a salad for lunch then. I should be set.

Did not bring a scale up here with me, so I will miss two weigh ins. Sure hope it will be a big one in a couple more weeks.

Have not been able to even check in here since dial up is so slow during the day, plus doing lots of fun things outside.

Molly
How fun to have some cool wheels for the cottage!

Enjoy your car hunting and we'll look forward to hearing from you whenever you can, knowing you're on vacation. Enjoy your time at the lake! :)

~phoenix~
You're smart, just start fresh today and feel good about being OP today. And maybe drink a little extra water.

Good morning everyone, I've been away from the boards for the last couple of weeks and until now I didn't realize how much I actually depend on being able to come here for support. So a great big thank-you to all of you who post daily... so 2 weeks away and down 1 lb, I'm feeling good about that and I'm officially in ONDERLAND!!!! feels really good starting the summer challenge under 200 lbs... have a great OP day everyone

Congrats on reaching ONEDERLAND!!

dizzyjean
07-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Morning Peeps,

Already thankful for all the great support and encouragement here. We had bad storms a few days ago, the clinic power was out, so the WI was in a dark room. Looks like 0 lost this week. Coach assistant thinks it is because I swam laps twice. Anyway, we are going out of town for a week starting tomorrow, and I could not buy food, because there was no power. I'm going to check with a couple other clinics that may have power, so I can get supplies. After the no loss, then running out of food, it has me a little discouraged and panicked. I should be able to fix things by this evening, or order good alternatives and have them shipped to Atlanta. Or maybe there is a clinic in the Atlanta area. Who knows! Guess the problem seems smaller as I am thinking it out...thanks!

GrandmaKiss
07-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Good morning everyone.

I woke up with a summer cold this morning. Stuffy nose, burning throat, earache, and fever. Nyquil is usually my go-to, but I'm concerned about the sugar and alcohol content. What is appropriate for IP use?

drakegirl
07-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Good morning all! Finally back at home after 2 weeks of being away - the last week was in Florida - had a TON of NSV's while I was there! Stayed OP the whole time, went to Aquatica water park and could participate (and DID) on each water slide because I wasn't over the weight limit! Fit into an adult MEDIUM life jacket, walked by a window and saw a reflection but didn't realize it was MINE, fit comfortably in the airplane seat and could easily buckle my seat belt! These all may seem like silly small things - but for me - they were BIG! WI today - will officially break into One-derland!

Hope you all have terrific days ahead of you!!

drakegirl
07-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Morning Peeps,

Already thankful for all the great support and encouragement here. We had bad storms a few days ago, the clinic power was out, so the WI was in a dark room. Looks like 0 lost this week. Coach assistant thinks it is because I swam laps twice. Anyway, we are going out of town for a week starting tomorrow, and I could not buy food, because there was no power. I'm going to check with a couple other clinics that may have power, so I can get supplies. After the no loss, then running out of food, it has me a little discouraged and panicked. I should be able to fix things by this evening, or order good alternatives and have them shipped to Atlanta. Or maybe there is a clinic in the Atlanta area. Who knows! Guess the problem seems smaller as I am thinking it out...thanks!

Where in VA are you? My clinic is in Rockville, MD and I know they have power. I can't believe your clinic didn't just give you the food and bill you later! If you need details, it's Body Tech in Rockville, MD - explain your situation and I'm sure they will help. Good luck!

aimeed3
07-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Good Morning IP Peeps!

It's hard to get started this morning. I didnt really get to sleep that well last night, I seen every hour on the clock, tossing and turning all night, just until my alarm was about to go off I finally fell asleep! I snoozed twice but still made it to work on time.

I'm happy for the 2 days of work then being off on Wednesday. It kinda splits of the week.

My week 1 official WI is tomorrow. I am a little excited (ok maybe not just a little, alot). I know its not going to be a typical weight loss being its mostly fluid, but hey its a start.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!! :)

PhoenixRisingAgain
07-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Good morning all! Finally back at home after 2 weeks of being away - the last week was in Florida - had a TON of NSV's while I was there! Stayed OP the whole time, went to Aquatica water park and could participate (and DID) on each water slide because I wasn't over the weight limit! Fit into an adult MEDIUM life jacket, walked by a window and saw a reflection but didn't realize it was MINE, fit comfortably in the airplane seat and could easily buckle my seat belt! These all may seem like silly small things - but for me - they were BIG! WI today - will officially break into One-derland!

Congratulations! Those certainly ARE NOT small things! I can relate to every single one! I can't wait for the day when I *know for sure* I'll fit in that roller coaster seat, instead of hoping and praying the whole time waiting in line.

NOVAScents
07-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Where in VA are you? My clinic is in Rockville, MD and I know they have power. I can't believe your clinic didn't just give you the food and bill you later! If you need details, it's Body Tech in Rockville, MD - explain your situation and I'm sure they will help. Good luck!

7 Company should have power.

NOVAScents
07-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Well, now that I am back on track I realized that in 3 weeks I have a big conference for work and the lunch options are NOT good.

I was going to phase off, but even with phasing off I'm still in a bind- urgh!!! Of course, its an all day event, so going out to get something is out of the question. I'm hoping to just pack a cooler that I can bring a salad, assuming I can get one before I get to the event, and then just eat my veggies with dinner.

Going for a WI today. Going to get the detox kit as I'm thinking it should help with what I screwed up with in my cheating. I'm not expecting much of a loss, which is fine since I'm back on track now ;)

shathom
07-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Good morning all, let's all have a safe and OP 4th of July:flow1::flow1:

dizzyjean
07-02-2012, 09:47 AM
7 Company should have power.

Thanks Drakegirl, Too. I checked with Nova's clinic. They have power and will sell me packets. They will ok it with my clinic by phone( corp. rules) and I can get food this afternoon. Sigh of relief, and problem on the way to being solved!

Both of you are a big inspiration to me, keep up the good work! You are Losers with a capital "L".

reneepw
07-02-2012, 09:54 AM

That's a great post to read first thing on a Monday morning! Good for you! You have a great attitude!

big big big smiles for you! I can feel your excitement through that post. They are not silly small things at all - they are positive steps on your journey! Congrats!

reneepw
07-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Hope our Canadian friends are enjoying their holiday. I'm looking forward to a day off on Wednesday.

So - it's Monday. Got to work early; top down in the car, feeling great, music blasting. Having my mango RTD at my desk - and spilled it all over my expense receipts. My admin is going to just love me when she gets in.

I have WI later this morning - and I know I haven't lost much if anything - the past 2 weeks were rough with a couple of cheats - intentional and unintentional. But a great thing about Monday weigh in is I feel like its a reset. So - stay strong with me this week please?!

Have a great week!
Renee

locopollo
07-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Good morning! I'm still half asleep, so I'm having trouble remembering everything I've read (even more than usual), but CONGRATULATIONS on ONDERLAND! And, I wouldn't donate blood...but I'm only on Day 4. I guess it depends upon how you feel and where you are in the program. But they're going to offer cookies and juice afterwards...and you'll need to rest longer if you're going to decline. Maybe take an RTD? I dunno, I wouldn't, but it's not even a choice for me since I was in the UK in the 80's and they don't want my blood. Moo!

Day 4 and feeling much better. I hope I can manage work today without starving. I have keto stix, but they're old (not expired), and I'm not showing ketosis yet. Not sure if I even will but I keep peeing on them just the same. :dizzy:

Happy Monday!

newmom7611
07-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Good morning everyone! First and foremost, THANK YOU all for your support and advice on my rant from last night about my stress over phase 4. I'm feeling much better about it and know that I WILL succeed with it. I'm really not that "beast" anymore. Love you all!
I'm about to make breakfast-- it's my final day of phase 3. It's bittersweet, but I'm excited to add some yummy veggies (and pastas and fats) to my meals to bump them up a bit. I can't believe phase 4 landed RIGHT before the 4th of July cookout festivities.. I'm not going to go crazy because I've chosen my fun day for the 7th. That's the day of my baby's 1st bday party.
Congrats to everyone doing well OP, especially those of you pushing thru and succeeding on vacation! Congrats to the amazing NSVs I read about this morning and ONEderland :) I'll check in later. Belly is yelling at me. Rawr

swimcoachmomma
07-02-2012, 10:56 AM

congratulations!! and i do not consider any of these things silly or small. they are all steps on the way to our goals.

I did not recognize myself in a photo. I cried when I crossed my legs the first time without "helping" my leg over. embrace these victories and keep on keeping on.

Hockeymom40
07-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Morning Peeps,

Since you are going out of town I can't believe they didn't let you get food they could have just wrote your credit card # down or called you when the power came up. That stinks. Just stay focused, you can do it. Make good food choices I lost 3 lbs both of the times I was away just by doing this. There is a place in chantilly and one in landsdowne you can probably get food at. Good luck.

cyndie
07-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Good Morning IP Peeps!

My week 1 official WI is tomorrow. I am a little excited (ok maybe not just a little, alot). I know its not going to be a typical weight loss being its mostly fluid, but hey its a start.

Good luck with your first WI! I know you'll do great.

~phoenix~

This forum is now my "clinic/coach" so I know what you mean about making time to come here. There is so much encouragement and support here. It would be much harder without all of you great gals and guys.

OMgosh! Congrats on ONEDERLAND!!! That has to feel wonderful! I can't wait to join you.

Morning Peeps,

I am really surprised they wouldn't give you the food and settle up later. But, I'm sure you will do great. They have good alternatives at Sam's and Walmart and Clinics everywhere.

Good morning everyone.

I woke up with a summer cold this morning. Stuffy nose, burning throat, earache, and fever. Nyquil is usually my go-to, but I'm concerned about the sugar and alcohol content. What is appropriate for IP use?

I don't know what you can take, but I hope you feel better soon.:hug:

Doesn't seem silly to me at all. I remember flying to a friend's house and was horrified when I wasn't sure I would be able to buckle the seat belt. All those things you can do now are wonderful. I am very excited about your WI today. Good luck.

Happy Monday Everybody

Happy Monday Cadu, you are such an inspiration to me.

Good morning all!

I've already purchased some low carb cookbooks and am thinking about sources for low carb ingredients and those recipes from IP I want to keep using in phase 4...

Just thought I'd share my tidbit of experience. You'll do really well, especially since you are now an IP coach and are surrounded by all that positive influence constantly. And, of course, we're here for you!

Everyone,
Stay cool as this heat wave is relentless. Stay OP!

Thanks for the tips...I can't wait to get to that point. Phase 2 is a long way off but at least now I know I will get there.

Good luck on the WI and have fun tubing. I love doing that.

Good Morning All!!!

Do you think it's a good idea to donate blood while on IP? Not sure I have read anything about that.

Betsy

Good morning, and I'm interested in finding out about donating blood, too.

Good morning all,

Molly

Have a great time, Molly! It's sounds like so much fun.

I went to the movie last night. I knew there would be nothing there I could eat so I ate my dinner before I left and brought my bottle of water. I feel pretty good about making it through all that divine popcorn smell without even thinking about cheating. It also makes it very cheap to go to the movies. :D:D

Hockeymom40
07-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Well, now that I am back on track I realized that in 3 weeks I have a big conference for work and the lunch options are NOT good.

I was going to phase off, but even with phasing off I'm still in a bind- urgh!!! Of course, its an all day event, so going out to get something is out of the question. I'm hoping to just pack a cooler that I can bring a salad, assuming I can get one before I get to the event, and then just eat my veggies with dinner.

Going for a WI today. Going to get the detox kit as I'm thinking it should help with what I screwed up with in my cheating. I'm not expecting much of a loss, which is fine since I'm back on track now ;)

Glad to see you back. I was wondering where you were!

CarCamMom
07-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Good Morning IP Peeps!

It's hard to get started this morning. I didnt really get to sleep that well last night, I seen every hour on the clock, tossing and turning all night, just until my alarm was about to go off I finally fell asleep! I snoozed twice but still made it to work on time.

I'm happy for the 2 days of work then being off on Wednesday. It kinda splits of the week.

Hi! My first WI is tomorrow, too! Nervous, but excited at the same time! Good luck to you!

CarCamMom
07-02-2012, 11:29 AM

Congratulations! NSV's mean so much more than the scale. Good for you!:carrot:

britne1
07-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Good Morning!!! Thanks to everyone for their suggestions on alternative RTDs. I also wanted to share a few tips that help me get through IP and stay OP.

- If you struggle with getting all your daily veggies, try adding them to you RTD. Ex. Spinach is great in the Chocolate shake and you can't taste it.

- If you're missing the "fruit" from the diet, try using extracts. I love adding a drop of banana, vanilla, mint, etc to my RTDs. Changes the flavor but keeps it IP.

mightbe
07-02-2012, 11:36 AM
I am feeling a little bummed about my weigh in tomorrow. Woke up feeling very puffy and realized it is that TOM! :o Hopefully I will still do well anyway!

mompattie
07-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Happy Monday Everybody

Miss you!!!! Come backkkk!!!!!

You're going to kick it at your WI tomorrow!! Tubing sounds awesome, wish we could hop aboard!!

Good morning all,

Molly

Sounds like you are having a wonderful holiday Molly!! You are 100% and doing awesome!! You are going to have an amazing WI I just know it!! Enjoy the rest of your vacation, relax and unwind. We're off camping today so I'll miss WI tomorrow as well. I hope to be extra surprised when we get back!!

Those are freaking awesome NSVs I totally feel them for you!! I can totally imagine how good that feels, I have very similar victories that I am working to achieve!! I can't wait until those things happen for me. Way to rock this!!!

Please send sun up to Saskatchewan. We're heading to the north to camp with the bears. LOL! I am deathly afraid of bears, and often you will see one walking through the park. We have 2 beach days planned, and I have all my veggies precut and salad packed and ready to go!! I have packets, RTD, bars packed. Should be good to go!! Have a great week everyone, we are kicking this!!

julied31
07-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Back to the grind today!! This year was the first year in a LONG time that I've taken a whole week off of work. At least we have a little break in the middle of this week.

I'm glad actually that I'm home and can be OP 100%. I'm so close to 20 pounds lost, which will also get me back into the 100's, which I haven't been for a couple years.

Hockeymom40
07-02-2012, 11:53 AM
I don't have to work today!!! Yeah no power. I was without power for 44 hours it was an adventure! It's back on and I'm back on track, not that I was off but I haven't been writing things down and haven't been on this site all weekend. Lots of people are now noticing my loss, it feels so good and I get to recommend the program. I went to a dinner for my niece' s residency graduation on Friday and I thought I looked pretty damn good! I will post the pic from my phone soon. I need to post a before pic too. I'm not good with these things. Once again I have to thank everyone here for all the support. I tell everyone about this site it's such a great resource. I don't have to weigh in till Friday this week because of the holiday, so since I have 2 xtra days I'm actually looking forward to it!

northernfawn
07-02-2012, 11:55 AM

sounds like you had a great time and I'm sure all those nsv's kept you right on track - well done:carrot:

Heitina
07-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Last night went to a party. I didn't think it was possible, but I behaved myself...well not really, but it was not alcohol induced! All the food looked wonderful - I oooohed, and awwwwed but did not even take a small morsel. I drank my water and had my IP treat with me. The unfortunate thing is, instead of thinking of this as a NSV - I feel guilt over having 2 restricted packets yesterday....I knew what I was doing....I wish I didn't do it :(. For some strange reason I thought for sure the scale would be up...it's not, it's the same as yesterday. I guess I'm freaking out needlessly.
Hooray for another day....clean slate.....all is good. I will not eat 2 restricted packets again in a day. I will not eat anything restricted til weigh in on Friday. There, I'm feeling better already!
Happy Happy OP Monday everyone :hug:

PS - I dreamt of those strawberry wafers....I think those may be a bit dangerous for me....so good and quite a generous serving....thank goodness i've eaten them. Oh - Oh - I think I may know where the packet is....there may be a few crumbs......

GeauxTigers82
07-02-2012, 11:59 AM
I am 30 today :p

I don't know how I feel about it, yet :?:

northernfawn
07-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Good morning! I'm still half asleep, so I'm having trouble remembering everything I've read (even more than usual), but CONGRATULATIONS on ONDERLAND! And, I wouldn't donate blood...but I'm only on Day 4. I guess it depends upon how you feel and where you are in the program. But they're going to offer cookies and juice afterwards...and you'll need to rest longer if you're going to decline. Maybe take an RTD? I dunno, I wouldn't, but it's not even a choice for me since I was in the UK in the 80's and they don't want my blood. Moo!

Day 4 and feeling much better. I hope I can manage work today without starving. I have keto stix, but they're old (not expired), and I'm not showing ketosis yet. Not sure if I even will but I keep peeing on them just the same. :dizzy:

Happy Monday!

thanks on the Onederland :) and they don't want my blood either cos I was there in the 90's... I tell people I could possibly be a mad cow!!

julied31
07-02-2012, 12:05 PM

Happy Birthday!! I just turned 40 a month ago. For me, 35 was worse than 30 or 40, not sure why!! Celebrate with some water or veggies!!!

locopollo
07-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Geauxtiger82, welcome to your dirty thirties. :D It is a great decade. ENJOY IT.

northernfawn, nice to meet a fellow crazy bovine!

Phone posting.... :rolleyes:

aimeed3
07-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Hi! My first WI is tomorrow, too! Nervous, but excited at the same time! Good luck to you!

Thank you! Good luck to you as well. I am sure we'll be posting right after with a bunch of these thingies :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
haha!

aimeed3
07-02-2012, 12:44 PM

Happy Birthday!!! :hat:

greeniris
07-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Happy Birthday GeauxTiger! Nothing wrong with being 30...I actually thought my 40's were the best :D

Congratulations to all on your NSVs - think I love those even more than the # on the scale dropping!

My WI is on Thursday and I feel like the weight is beginning to come off again. The last 3 weeks have been very slow, p/my scales at home. (Official WI every 2 weeks.) I do weigh myself daily so I can see if adjustments are needed. I've cut down on restricteds to 2 or 3 p/week, added a bit more evoo every day, and stuck more closely to the eating timelines. Hopefully these changes will help.

I'm only working today & Friday this week. Have vaca time to use, and my VIP generally has Tues & Wed off each week. Am really looking forward to spending some quality time with him. We'll be out and about both days, so will have food prepped and ready to go. Thurs. after WI, am going shopping for a dress to wear when my son gets married in October. Hmmm, how to shop for a style when don't have any idea what my size will be by then???? Planning to buy one size smaller than I am now, and hope they'll be able to take it in enough when the time comes.

Happy Independence Day week to everyone! Have a great OP week :D

Tigerlvr52
07-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Today is start of week 6 and my WI was down 1.7 lbs and 7 inches.... Woot.

I have a NSV that is pretty big to me. I am now drinking almost all straight water. I was using crystal light to get over my sugar habbit. Now one to go packet lasts over 2 days for a light flavor in a few of my glasses of water. I am excited for this. Since my stray I knew that my loss wasn't going to be much but as long as that scale is going down that is what is important.

Kaypix
07-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Hey guys, man did I miss you all this weekend! I felt like I was just washing in a sea of temptation and then dang near drowning! I did as good as possible, my "extras" being either protein (bacon, egg, ham) or Atkins bar type things (normal for me to have). My loss for this week was only 0.4 :( So I'm pretty bummed about that, and I tracked my loss on a daily basis until Friday morning, basically it's been bouncing between 0.4 and 0.8 lb loss the whole week, so I could either be happy my weekend didn't screw up what little loss I had, or bummed that I might be fast approaching a plateau. I'm going to be diligent this week tracking what I'm eating and drinking, as well as what I'm weighing. If next week has a loss of less than half a pound I might need to do boot camp for a few days. I don't know now if I can get to my 160 mark by August 5th (Sturgis Rally) and therefor not be in the size 10 pants I really wanted to fit into.

I'm just really in a funk, and I think it's because of feeling guilty for this weekend and seeing the scale move so little. If I didn't have a digital scale I wouldn't have seen a loss at all. That's just depressing!

I'm going to research my cruise some more, hope that cheers me up. Days like this I wonder if I'll ever get below 160 lbs again, no matter how long I diet, and that's what I want to avoid. I know if I get too discouraged I'll give up, so I need SOMETHING to keep me pushing past this plateau, if that's what it is.

Darralyn
07-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Happy Monday Friends! This is kind of a wierd week with having Wednesday off for Independence Day and then working again on Thursday.....Oh well; it is an extra day and I have no plans so I will just enjoy being home spending time putzing in my yard. Maybe I will drive out to see my grandkids. Hugs to all hope your week is wonderful!!

chicagoboiler
07-02-2012, 12:58 PM
I normally weigh in on Wednesdays and freaked out on my way to work that the center would be closed. Mine is only open M, W, and F. So I detoured from work and went to weigh in. I was down 2.5lbs, inches lost and I went 1lb over my newly-achieved 25lb milestone!! I couldn't be happier.

The one funny story is that I am very very close to the 170s which I haven't been in about 7 years and I can "taste" it. When I got on the scale it initially read 179.8 and then quickly turned to 180.4. I tried it again and it was 180.4. I was upset for 2.2 seconds and then realized...that's a good milestone to hit next week instead and to KILL that weigh in :-) Have a safe holiday, I am back to work.

Hockeymom40
07-02-2012, 01:17 PM

Happy Birthday! Embrace it, one day you will be 54 like me and wish you wre 30!!

LizRR
07-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Howdy Folks! Had a great weekend with friends and family, and got the most extreme reaction to date on my losses. Had a playdate on Sat morning with a friend who I had told about my program before I started, and she saw me at ~Week 4 and ~Week 10, but she saw me and in front of our hubby's did a 'Wow, you look great' - then after the guys left to play b-ball and we were alone with the kids she then really went off on the questions and compliments "SERIOUSLY LIZ! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!", it was a great ego boost! One of the ways my coach said to pay it forward was to succeed, because people are watching you - some are waiting for you to fail, some are looking for inspiration - she is definitely the latter and I am hoping as I move into maintenance she may get more interested in the program. Of course I don't push it on anyone, because IP does take a strong commitment - but it works, it's not forever, and with some creativity it is crazy delicous!

Cadu!!! I missed you sister!

Chloe222 - you're bounceback from your awesome European vacation of food, wine, and cheese is such a great example of how this program really works if you do it right!

Wingnut - glad to hear y'all are going to have a fun car up there! Enjoy your vacation time.

PhoenixRisingAgain - just jump back on OP, and work on strategies to avoid the situations that got you in trouble. The first 2 weeks were hardest for me since it consisted of breaking those bad snacking habits that had led me down the road to 220lb. Flex the willpower muscles, they get stronger every time!

dizzyjean - you can use shopforprotein.com to order IP foods (free and quick shipping in the US), and supplement with Pure Protein bars and EAS Carb Control alternatives in the interim perhaps. I had to do the PP/EAS substitution over Memorial Day weekend when I couldn't get my food in time.

drakegirl - those are amazing NSVs! Congratulations!

aimeed3 - welcome to ketosis, you've experienced that burst of ketone energy at the beginning that causes restless sleep. You will eventually level off, your body is just going crazy right now since it finally gave up trying to go for quick glucose and moved to generating (overproducing at first) ketones. Drink a lot of water to pee out that fat!

newmom7611 - thanks so much for the Ph3/Ph4 'rants' - I need to jump on the Maintainers thread, but it's good to get that sneak peek into the end goal of maintenance. Congrats on killing the beast!

britne1 - I LOVE my chocolate spinach smoothies, have them every weekday morning (I put my coffee in there too). Also some fruit fixes - rhubarb stewed with WF Strawberry Spread or Splenda/Stevia and Zucchini sauteed with lemon juice, Stevia/Splenda, and Apple Pie Spice then optionally baked for ~15minutes @ 350deg - 2 great "fruits"

mightbe - well, TOM will come for us every month, you know what's going on, so don't be discouraged. The WI after will make up for the water retention!

Heitina - I did the 2 restricteds in one day once, and it was only 2 because that was all I had left of the chocolate soy puffs at the time. I had been fighting myself all week not to chug the whole box. Several weeks later I was strong enough to order them again (this past Fri) and don't feel "the beast" (as newmom put it). We are changing more than our bodies for the better, but our attitudes and behavior to foods too!

GeauxTigers82 - Happy Birthday! I turn 38 in 2 weeks, I LOVE my 30's! You'll be a super hottie!!! Honestly, every decade is getting better than the next.

DanafromAustin
07-02-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm officially in ONDERLAND!!!! feels really good starting the summer challenge under 200 lbs... have a great OP day everyone
Welcome to onederland... :hug:

Good morning everyone.

I haven't been sick once since starting IP,so I'm sorry about that. I do know Nyquil is off limits though because of the sugar. I do hope you feel better soon. Just drown lots of liquids and take some extra vitamin C if you have some in the house.

I can totally relate to all of those wonderful NSV's. Good job! :carrot:

Happy Monday!
Don't worry about ketosis, you'll get there. This time starting a low carb diet it took me six days, but I knew on the 6th day I was there because I woke up early, which for me is always my first sign.

Coming from someone who is 55 years old, feel VERY happy. Actually my 40's I have to say was my best decade. Have a very happy birthday. :bday2you:

Have a great OP day everyone.

sanibelover
07-02-2012, 01:33 PM

Happy Birthday!!! 30 is great, enjoy it!!!!

LizRR
07-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Hey guys, man did I miss you all this weekend! I felt like I was just washing in a sea of temptation and then dang near drowning! I did as good as possible, my "extras" being either protein (bacon, egg, ham) or Atkins bar type things (normal for me to have). My loss for this week was only 0.4 :( So I'm pretty bummed about that, and I tracked my loss on a daily basis until Friday morning, basically it's been bouncing between 0.4 and 0.8 lb loss the whole week, so I could either be happy my weekend didn't screw up what little loss I had, or bummed that I might be fast approaching a plateau. I'm going to be diligent this week tracking what I'm eating and drinking, as well as what I'm weighing. If next week has a loss of less than half a pound I might need to do boot camp for a few days. I don't know now if I can get to my 160 mark by August 5th (Sturgis Rally) and therefor not be in the size 10 pants I really wanted to fit into.

I'm just really in a funk, and I think it's because of feeling guilty for this weekend and seeing the scale move so little. If I didn't have a digital scale I wouldn't have seen a loss at all. That's just depressing!

I don't think I would call it a plateu since the extras more than likely contributed to lower losses, even low carb extras still have fat & calories that slow down the process. Your body will burn the fat you consume before it burns your body fat to generate ketones. But still - I think you coped pretty well being in your situation - good lord, I saw your posts from this weekend - so kudos to you on avoiding that grilled pineapple!!! Now that you are back and out of the hornets nest you can get back to being in your usual routine - brush off the funk - you know what to do!

GeauxTigers82
07-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I just feel old even though I'm not. I guess having a 5 year old, a 2 year old, and a husband recovering from back surgery makes you feel old and tired :)

Mamalee
07-02-2012, 01:48 PM
WI today. Only down 1 pound, but due for TOM this week, so that probably has something to do with it. Otherwise, it was the cheese puffs. LOL :D

Hope everyone has an awesome day adn successful weigh-ins, if they are today.

Lee

marlenesuer
07-02-2012, 02:26 PM
My weigh in today was good.

Down 4pounds.

Am super pumped!

:carrot:

My tummy still feels a little wonky from that constipation issued I recently mentioned but I've vastly improved. Am starting my fourth week and maybe it's just my body still adjusting to eating differently, I dunno ...

The digestion and BM side of the program has for sure been a challenge for me.

Here at minute 5:51 this young lady describes some of the problems I'd been having.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sizKZxZAoQI&feature=plcp

Kinda put my mind at ease a little.

GemIAm
07-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Good Morning All!!!

I haven't either and I would love to know what the "official IP" thoughts on donating blood are.

~phoenix~
I hear you...had one rough day this weekend. I have realized that cheese is my worst "trigger food" for straying off-plan. "Step away from the cheese!"

So a great big thank-you to all of you who post daily... so 2 weeks away and down 1 lb, I'm feeling good about that and I'm officially in ONDERLAND!!!! feels really good starting the summer challenge under 200 lbs... have a great OP day everyone
:celebrate: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :celebrate:

These all may seem like silly small things - but for me - they were BIG! WI today - will officially break into One-derland!
:celebrate: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :celebrate:

Thirties are an AWESOME decade! Enjoy! :bday2you:

Happy Monday all!

shathom
07-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Back to the grind today!! This year was the first year in a LONG time that I've taken a whole week off of work. At least we have a little break in the middle of this week.

I'm glad actually that I'm home and can be OP 100%. I'm so close to 20 pounds lost, which will also get me back into the 100's, which I haven't been for a couple years.

I can't wait until I get to onderland, congrats!!! :carrot::carrot:

:bday2you::celebrate::bday2::gift::woo::hb:
My weigh in today was good.

Down 4pounds.

Am super pumped!

:carrot:

:congrat: on your WI

marlenesuer
07-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Awww gee - thanks shathom. :hug:

And as for turning 30 and knowing how you feel about it ...girl I'm TELLIN' you - feel blessed.:wave:

CarCamMom
07-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Uh-oh! Newbie mistake! I just made some peppers in olive oil and threw a handful of diced onions in the pan. I gobbled my whole plate up (it was deeeeelicious) and then remembered about the onions needing to be raw!!! Yikes! Have you ever done this before....does it throw everything off? Should I go drink a ton of water....Help!!

barri1970
07-02-2012, 03:25 PM

I'm going to research my cruise some more, hope that cheers me up. Days like this I wonder if I'll ever get below 160 lbs again, no matter how long I diet, and that's what I want to avoid. I know if I get too discouraged I'll give up, so I need SOMETHING to keep me pushing past this plateau, if that's what it is.

I am a newbie here but can you tell me what bootcamp is? I have seen a lot of people refer to it but I am not quite sure what it is...Thanks!

sand5699
07-02-2012, 03:28 PM
had a busy weekend, missed logging on here. Just love seeing all the support. on phase 3 this week because of going to a conference next week. Not liking the feeling so much. Feels like to much food!
Glad everyone is doing good! and having lots of nsv's! those are the bests!

aimeed3
07-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Uh-oh! Newbie mistake! I just made some peppers in olive oil and threw a handful of diced onions in the pan. I gobbled my whole plate up (it was deeeeelicious) and then remembered about the onions needing to be raw!!! Yikes! Have you ever done this before....does it throw everything off? Should I go drink a ton of water....Help!!

I did that the other day, except I had the frozen pepper stir fry, which contained onions. I ate about half of it before realizing. I freaked out and texted my coach. She said it probably didnt affect me to much but just to stay on track the rest of the week for sure. HTH

Aimee

julied31
07-02-2012, 03:34 PM

One other thing not to do (according to my coach) is to cook with olive oil. Something happens to it when it heats up that isn't good.....yes, I know, I'm so scientific!!

Where in WI are you?? I'm in Appleton. I also noticed that you and I have almost the exact stats - I started at 219 and am 5'10". You're going to love this diet!!

Diana B
07-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Good morning all!

Just want to wish everyone an awesome OP day!! :hug::carrot:

reneepw
07-02-2012, 03:40 PM
One other thing not to do (according to my coach) is to cook with olive oil. Something happens to it when it heats up that isn't good.....yes, I know, I'm so scientific!!

Where in WI are you?? I'm in Appleton. I also noticed that you and I have almost the exact stats - I started at 219 and am 5'10". You're going to love this diet!!

i cook with olive oil all the time! I know it has a lower smoke point so you have to be careful with it - but I've been using it forever - even before IP...hmm....

CarCamMom
07-02-2012, 04:02 PM

Hi! I'm in Rice Lake...about an hour north of Eau Claire...I just checked your stats too...we must be twins! I didn't even hear about this program until last weekend. My sister is a nurse and some ladies at the hospital were talking about it. Is it very popular down there? What week are you on? How's it going? My coach specifically told me to use olive oil. What do you cook with? I've been using it all week...So, maybe that onion thing won't even matter anyway! Yes, very scientific, but still I like it so far.

Hgamroth
07-02-2012, 04:03 PM

Good job for getting back on tracK!
I am dealing with a similar issue. I will be going on a conference for a week and traveling/going on vacation for a week after. I am wondering if I should phase off before.

locopollo
07-02-2012, 04:11 PM
You don't want your onions to carmelize. That's all. You'll be fine. Drink water and carry on. :carrot:

Hgamroth
07-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Very smokey in my neck of the woods. I am very worried my childhood home is going to burn down in the most recent forest fire in Wyoming. Spent the weekend worrying and attempting to get to our cabin however the roads are now closed. In all of this craziness I forgot to eat a packet Saturday and Sunday! I need to get my head on straight. At least I am not turning to junk so that in itself is a NSV.

I have to stress again how amazing you all are. Everyone is so supportive and inspirational! It is reassuring to hear that everyone slips, picks themselves back up and keeps on going. The successes are phenomenal!

CarCamMom
07-02-2012, 04:22 PM
I did that the other day, except I had the frozen pepper stir fry, which contained onions. I ate about half of it before realizing. I freaked out and texted my coach. She said it probably didnt affect me to much but just to stay on track the rest of the week for sure. HTH

Aimee

Thanks, Aimee...The thing is I haven't even thought about cheating or not following the rules to a tee...I just completely forgot. :dizzy: Silly me. My weigh in is tomorrow. Hope it will be ok! I'm on my 5th glass of "exta" make-up water at this point. Maybe I can flush it out before it does too much damage.
Jess

CarCamMom
07-02-2012, 04:24 PM
You don't want your onions to carmelize. That's all. You'll be fine. Drink water and carry on. :carrot:

Thanks!!! Sluggin' another glass of water as we speak (type:)!

julied31
07-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Hi! I'm in Rice Lake...about an hour north of Eau Claire...I just checked your stats too...we must be twins! I didn't even hear about this program until last weekend. My sister is a nurse and some ladies at the hospital were talking about it. Is it very popular down there? What week are you on? How's it going? My coach specifically told me to use olive oil. What do you cook with? I've been using it all week...So, maybe that onion thing won't even matter anyway! Yes, very scientific, but still I like it so far.

I heard about this plan from a friend in Alaska!! There are no clinics around here, so I have to do it all online and by phone. I just finished my 4th week and have lost 18 pounds. I even lost 4 pounds while on vacation up north last week. I've been using Grapeseed Oil for cooking, which to me doesn't taste any different. But, overall, I'm loving this plan. I do have to admit that I do miss eating certain foods (cheese, bread....), but I just keep thinking that before long I'll be able to. :)

jmuroff1
07-02-2012, 04:33 PM
I didn't prepare my meat last night to bring to work today, so I need something to hold me over until I get home to have my turkey patties yummmm. I won't get home until 9ish and had my lunch at 12:40...any ideas?

Kaypix
07-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Hey guys, checking in on my lunch, congrats to all those whoosh fairy visits this morning! So far so good at work, had my breakfast, lunch with 2 cups of veggies and now am chilling out until it is time for dinner, roughly 4 hours from now. I'll have a frappaccino snack after cleaning the 2nd bedroom, REALLY excited to convert it into the dogs' bedroom and cats' playroom, open up some space in our actual bedroom. Well, it's time to be somewhat productive, peace out!

Porthardygurl
07-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Good Morning All from Hardy,BC

Well it twas a quiet Canada Day here for us...My DH wanted to take me and DD to the festivities so i ate my lunch and then we went out to look for them but could not find any????? It was as if they all dissapeared...My DH was bummed but personally...i couldnt have been happier... I didnt want to be surrounded by pastries and free food all day long... We didnt go to the fireworks because poor DD is scared of the loud noise...so we stayed home and had a quiet night.

Im headed out to the store to look for a potassium supplement..These leg cramps are really gettin to me these days...Hopefully they will stop so i can get a better sleep at night..

Hope you all have a good day OP!!!! :)

reneepw
07-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Hey guys, checking in on my lunch, congrats to all those whoosh fairy visits this morning! So far so good at work, had my breakfast, lunch with 2 cups of veggies and now am chilling out until it is time for dinner, roughly 4 hours from now. I'll have a frappaccino snack after cleaning the 2nd bedroom, REALLY excited to convert it into the dogs' bedroom and cats' playroom, open up some space in our actual bedroom. Well, it's time to be somewhat productive, peace out!

Now you sound better! I was going to send you a 'snap out of it' message earlier when you sounded so down. (ya know like the one Cher gave Nicholas Cage in Moonstruck!). :) Glad to see you bounced back!

I just had my snack; was hungry after spilling my breakfast and i forgot my shaker so my soup wasn't mixed well. After eating it - there was a bunch of the powder at the bottom of the cup. I need a do-over today!

Tonight it will be leftover turkey breast and grilled zucchini I picked from my garden yesterday.

britne1
07-02-2012, 04:45 PM
I used to love the IP omelets, but now I can't stomach them. This maybe TMI, but I just threw up me entire lunch (IP omelet w/mushrooms + cucumbers w/OOVO, lemon juice, salt, pepper). And it is not TOM.

I get sick like this almost once I month. I feel horrible, but once I throw up, I INSTANTLY feel better. My coworker suggested that I start documenting what I eat when this happens.

jmuroff1
07-02-2012, 05:02 PM
I felt like that this morning but it's TOM fault I believe because that was the first time that happened :(

Any ideas on what to snack on til dinner? Im having a late dinner due to not cooking last night lol

I used to love the IP omelets, but now I can't stomach them. This maybe TMI, but I just threw up me entire lunch (IP omelet w/mushrooms + cucumbers w/OOVO, lemon juice, salt, pepper). And it is not TOM.

I get sick like this almost once I month. I feel horrible, but once I throw up, I INSTANTLY feel better. My coworker suggested that I start documenting what I eat when this happens.

fam4me
07-02-2012, 05:09 PM

Hello.....I'm from Eau Claire so we're practically neighbors! Good luck on the program. We're on vacation this week and so far, so good. Had an extra restricted on Sat. Night. Everyone started munching after the Brewer game so I figured an extra bar was much better than everything else that was there!

swimcoachmomma
07-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Very smokey in my neck of the woods. I am very worried my childhood home is going to burn down in the most recent forest fire in Wyoming. Spent the weekend worrying and attempting to get to our cabin however the roads are now closed. In all of this craziness I forgot to eat a packet Saturday and Sunday! I need to get my head on straight. At least I am not turning to junk so that in itself is a NSV.

I have to stress again how amazing you all are. Everyone is so supportive and inspirational! It is reassuring to hear that everyone slips, picks themselves back up and keeps on going. The successes are phenomenal!

prayers are with you on your childhood home. Great work staying on plan during times of extreme stress.

locopollo
07-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Oh no!* Well, I had the omelet for lunch today too, but I did not lose it afterwards.* I had my supps at lunch, because breakfast is too light a meal for them.* I added Portobello mushroom and green onion to the omelet and had a salad with Dijon mustard/apple cider vinegar dressing.* This was my first go with the omelet, and I liked it.* The texture was a little strange, but the taste was good and it sure cooked nicely.*
I’ve been moving my snack around to whenever I “need” it.* I am not usually hungry after dinner.* Well, I’m not hungry now either, but until today, I have been famished in the afternoons and fairly hungry in the mornings.*
I sure am having a lot of strange dreams!!!

swimcoachmomma
07-02-2012, 05:29 PM

please let me know how you plan to convince your dogs to sleep in another room!!! mine are so spoiled. lol.

amyjo77
07-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Been gone for awhile. Just got home from Disney with my family. What a blast!! So very tired though... I thought for sure that I was gonna gain some lbs back since I wasn't very strict on myself. But to my surprise I had lost 3 pounds! This morning it was back on the wagon for me! So happy for everyone's progress!

LizRR
07-02-2012, 06:01 PM
So, quick update before I run off with my son...I took off from work a little early since its so slow and got myself a mandoline slicer at BB&Beyond and decided to hit up Old Navy since the boot cut size 8s are starting to look like saggy butt jeans....

I got size 4s! Woohoo! I love IP! FYI, started in size 16s...wowza, the wardrobe changes are happening fast!

SewingMomma
07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
So, quick update before I run off with my son...I took off from work a little early since its so slow and got myself a mandoline slicer at BB&Beyond and decided to hit up Old Navy since the boot cut size 8s are starting to look like saggy butt jeans....

I got size 4s! Woohoo! I love IP!

Way to go Liz!!!!! I hope that I wind up in 4s. Right now, I'm wearing 6-8. I picked up a medium Calvin Klein dress today @ TJ Maxx. So maybe, I'm finally making my way into medium tops.

Don't you just love how quickly your clothing size drops on IP?

AMS65
07-02-2012, 07:12 PM
congratulations!! and i do not consider any of these things silly or small. they are all steps on the way to our goals.

I did not recognize myself in a photo. I cried when I crossed my legs the first time without "helping" my leg over. embrace these victories and keep on keeping on.

Thank you for this post!! I was just reading through, as I do daily and was feeling depressed and sorry for myself. I actually had thoughts of going off but after reading this I feel much better! My goal I had set for myself was to be able to cross my legs with ease! I can't wait for that day. I also have a trip for 6 flags New Jersey with the kids - about 4 weeks away. I really hope I can fit into the seats and not embarrasse me or my kids.
Weight has been such a barrier for me....missed out on tons of fun stuff and walked around feeling shame and less than. That is changing!! YIPPEEE
I must stay commited to my health and mental well being!!!:carrot:

Tigerlvr52
07-02-2012, 07:15 PM
So Here's my first Before and After

GemIAm
07-02-2012, 07:39 PM

You are looking fantastic! :carrot:

locopollo
07-02-2012, 07:40 PM
You are looking fantastic! :carrot:

I agree!

Unwaver1ng
07-02-2012, 07:57 PM

Happy birthday! I had a bit of a freak out last September at my 29th, which is probably one of the reasons I am on IP now. Congrats on a lighter year!

I hear you...had one rough day this weekend. I have realized that cheese is my worst "trigger food" for straying off-plan. "Step away from the cheese!"

Happy Monday all!

I miss cheese everyday!

Also, I had my second weigh-in this afternoon. Since starting on June 22nd, I have lost 14 pounds! I'm off to a great start! It feels great, especially since I went to a wedding last weekend and stayed on plan.

~Jenni

robin532
07-02-2012, 08:01 PM

Amazing - looking great!:carrot:

robin532
07-02-2012, 08:03 PM

I got size 4s! Woohoo! I love IP! FYI, started in size 16s...wowza, the wardrobe changes are happening fast!

WoW!!!! That is awesome! I love your new pic also! I started in 16's and I'm still in them but they are way loose. I am actually buying size L shirts instead of 1X or XL and that is a great feeling. I don't think I ever wore a 4 in my life. 8 sounds great to me. Super job Liz!

GrandmaKiss
07-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Ohhh, bad day. I feel like poop. Have a summer cold with sore throat, ear ache, and sinus pain. And I"M HUNGRY. Grumble, Grumble, Grumble.

What can I take for my cold that is IP OK??

LizRR
07-02-2012, 08:22 PM

You can really see a difference! I wish I had started taking pics earlier on when I started. Honestly the few before pics I have we're not done with my knowledge! I should ask my coach to send me a copy of the before pic she took of me.

Way to go Liz!!!!! I hope that I wind up in 4s. Right now, I'm wearing 6-8. I picked up a medium Calvin Klein dress today @ TJ Maxx. So maybe, I'm finally making my way into medium tops.

Don't you just love how quickly your clothing size drops on IP?

It seems like the sizes are dropping pretty fast now, and the bottoms way faster than the tops. I should 'clarify' that the size 8 boot cuts are way baggy, the size 8 skinny jeans still fit fine, and the size 4 boot cut are snug, but no muffin top! I told myself I would start buying a few select pieces every other size because it's getting pricey! I am still mostly a medium top, but fitting in a few smalls.

I have olive and grape seed oil. I believe grapeseed has a higher smoke point and that is what I use to sautéed veggies at high heat.

Chloe222
07-02-2012, 08:25 PM
GateauxTiger,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you celebrate by being 100% OP (you can have cake, champagne, etc. in maintenance and that means forever!), so give yourself a big hug from us and also give yourself the gift of health and love by staying OP!!

:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you::bday2you::bday2you: :bday2you:

Today is start of week 6 and my WI was down 1.7 lbs and 7 inches.... Woot.

I have a NSV that is pretty big to me. I am now drinking almost all straight water. I was using crystal light to get over my sugar habbit. Now one to go packet lasts over 2 days for a light flavor in a few of my glasses of water. I am excited for this.
That's a huge accomplishment, you are weaning yourself of sweet things. That's truly great, in lots of ways! Good going!

Hey guys, man did I miss you all this weekend! I felt like I was just washing in a sea of temptation and then dang near drowning! I did as good as possible, my "extras" being either protein (bacon, egg, ham) or Atkins bar type things (normal for me to have). My loss for this week was only 0.4 :( So I'm pretty bummed about that,
Kaypix,
There's no doubt you WILL get below 160 and I'm willing to bet it will be thius summer. You are already stunning, but I know, at a size 10, you'll look even better, if that's possible. What is your end goal? I'm going to get to a size 6 and will just stay on IP till that happens. It is so worth it.

fam4me
07-02-2012, 08:28 PM

OMG! Just reading through and when I read yours, I realized I WAS sitting with my legs crossed and did not have to "help" one leg over the other! Yahoo!!

LizRR
07-02-2012, 08:35 PM
So I was wanting to post about this earlier, but I do weigh at home to track myself, but I do not take it seriously, I know what I eat and my activity and it is always 100% OP and logged, which I go over with my coach every week.

Well, I was nursing a 2+lb gain all last week, it wasn't TOM, I wasn't doing anything too crazy or different, so I figured it was just one of those weeks. Well, then I ended up whooshing right before for the -2lb total, but my body composition showed I had gained 4lb of lean mass. So effectively I lost 6lb of fat! And I could really tell, my jeans suddenly are baggy, I swear I just bought them.

Point being, if you stay On Plan it works! Don't let that stupid number on the scale break you and sabotage yourself. If I would have given up and thrown up my hands over my 2lb gain I would have missed out on a really huge step. If we aren't losing lb, we are losing inches, if we aren't losing inches, just give it another week and the water retention will pass. There is no way you can't NOT lose weight if you follow your sheet!

WoW!!!! That is awesome! I love your new pic also! I started in 16's and I'm still in them but they are way loose. I am actually buying size L shirts instead of 1X or XL and that is a great feeling. I don't think I ever wore a 4 in my life. 8 sounds great to me. Super job Liz!

Yeah, this is the smallest size I think I have worn in my adult life. I know Old Navy does vanity sizing, so I've taken it with a grain of salt for a while now, but my size comparisons have all been from there so it is a 'true comparison' as far as size difference, size 16 to size 4 in 17 weeks!

Jobu
07-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Had a bad weekend. For some reason I thought I could go out and eat off protocol for 3 different meals! it showed at WI today. Up 2 lbs. I almost gave up on the diet altogether. I've been struggling sometimes to stay on program when all I want is to reach my goal! Today I'm resetting and sticking to it...no cheats! My awesome coach is even letting me come in again on Thursday to weigh in since I told her it would help me stay accountable. Wish me luck this week!!!

Chloe222
07-02-2012, 09:02 PM

First and foremost, stay safe!!

Oh no!* Well, I had the omelet for lunch today too, but I did not lose it afterwards.* I had my supps at lunch, because breakfast is too light a meal for them.* I added Portobello mushroom and green onion to the omelet and had a salad with Dijon mustard/apple cider vinegar dressing.* This was my first go with the omelet, and I liked it.* The texture was a little strange, but the taste was good and it sure cooked nicely.*
I’ve been moving my snack around to whenever I “need” it.* I am not usually hungry after dinner.* Well, I’m not hungry now either, but until today, I have been famished in the afternoons and fairly hungry in the mornings.*
I sure am having a lot of strange dreams!!!
I believe that having an IP snack before bedtime is recommended so your body stays in ketosis over night. Otherwise, your body could go into starvation mode.

WOW!! That is so incredible. CONGRATULATIONS!!
:congrat::congrat::congrat:

We're here for you, every step of the way!! Think only positive thoughts about reaching your goal and how much healthier and happier you are becoming, every single day!!

You are looking great! Keep up the good work!

Sonyasbug
07-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Hello. Miss all of you, been so busy but glad to have some time to catch up on posts!!

locopollo
07-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Chloe222, I think that's the point of it too, though I do go to bed fairly early. I figure it's one of those things that I will keep adjusting. My hunger has decreased tremendously, so I believe I'll have that snack in the right place soon. I can't believe I made it this far! I wasn't even planning on going on a diet! I saw someone who looked amazing and she told me about IP, and I was in the clinic the very next week!

IPdivajen
07-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Hi all. Just a quick pop in to say hi! It's been a crazy weekend here - our puppy got skunked in the face last night around midnight so I haven't had much sleep. Poor dude.

Anyway, tomorrow is back to work and weigh in day and I'm really really hoping to see the scale move. Hope everyone is having a great day!

sanibelover
07-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Just an update......I checked with my coach about giving blood. She said she wasn't aware of an official "IP stance" but thought it would be OK. I would rather have a definitive yes, so I am waiting until maintenance.

Hockeymom40
07-02-2012, 10:11 PM
I didn't prepare my meat last night to bring to work today, so I need something to hold me over until I get home to have my turkey patties yummmm. I won't get home until 9ish and had my lunch at 12:40...any ideas?

What did you end up eating? You should always have an emergency bar with you. If you plan on having such a late dinner then plan on having your snack (3rd packet) late afternoon

GeauxTigers82
07-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Thank you for all the birthday wishes! 30 feels like 29 ;)

I totally stayed OP. I had my butterscotch coffee drink for breakfast, soy patty with wf BBQ sauce and 2 c bell peppers for lunch, salad with cucumbers and 2 oz of grilled shrimp and a 6 oz grilled steak for dinner.

We bought cupcakes for the kids to celebrate my birthday. I made milk chocolate pudding muffins and put candles in them for me. Those were my birthday cupcakes ;)

julied31
07-02-2012, 10:59 PM
I think today has been my hardest day so far. All I want to do is eat. I just had a few pickles and now more water. Maybe I should just go to bed!!

CarCamMom
07-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Hello.....I'm from Eau Claire so we're practically neighbors! Good luck on the program. We're on vacation this week and so far, so good. Had an extra restricted on Sat. Night. Everyone started munching after the Brewer game so I figured an extra bar was much better than everything else that was there!

Hey, Neighbor! My sister lives in Altoona and we go to Eau Claire all the time. Where are you vacationing? I am impressed with your willpower after the game. :carrot: I will have a test this weekend...huge hometown wedding and drinks will definitely be served. You look like you are doing awesome on this program...My first weigh in is tomorrow :dizzy:

SewingMomma
07-02-2012, 11:35 PM

I totally stayed OP. I had my butterscotch coffee drink for breakfast, soy patty with wf BBQ sauce and 2 c bell peppers for lunch, salad with cucumbers and 2 oz of grilled shrimp and a 6 oz grilled steak for dinner.

We bought cupcakes for the kids to celebrate my birthday. I made milk chocolate pudding muffins and put candles in them for me. Those were my birthday cupcakes ;)
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great OP day!

jmuroff1
07-02-2012, 11:39 PM
My coach had taken me off all restricted foods for now. Someone gave me some cash and I bought rotisserie chicken :0) but now I'm looking for a recipe for my ground chicken. Any ideas?

What did you end up eating? You should always have an emergency bar with you. If you plan on having such a late dinner then plan on having your snack (3rd packet) late afternoon

Beck81
07-03-2012, 12:21 AM
WI #10 today, 2.2 lbs and 2 inches. Lost 5 last week so 2 is ok. I have been walking alot so I hope it's not slowing down my losses. Good luck everyone on staying OP and WI's.

LizRR
07-03-2012, 12:59 AM

Sounds like you had a great birthday! I think after we all reach goal, we should get Dana and sneuse and any other Austinites/SA/Dallasites out to the Prime Outlets in San Marcos for new wardrobes. How fun would that be!

Porthardygurl
07-03-2012, 01:25 AM
Good Evening all...

Well i feel like crap :( Dont know why??? Is it the dreaded 5 week thingy??? I feel tired and i have been having cravings for everything...I must have guzzled almost 4 litres of water today just to stave it off..Now my stomach feels all queazy...

I went for a 30 minute slow walk today..got done a mile and a half...it was my first in a long while..

Anywho..im off to bed..night all!

salmongirl
07-03-2012, 01:43 AM
Thank you for this post!! I was just reading through, as I do daily and was feeling depressed and sorry for myself. I actually had thoughts of going off but after reading this I feel much better! My goal I had set for myself was to be able to cross my legs with ease! I can't wait for that day. I also have a trip for 6 flags New Jersey with the kids - about 4 weeks away. I really hope I can fit into the seats and not embarrasse me or my kids.
Weight has been such a barrier for me....missed out on tons of fun stuff and walked around feeling shame and less than. That is changing!! YIPPEEE

Good attitude and with this diet you will attain your goals. I know that since january I have lost 70 pounds and I feel like a new person. I just went to a wedding and enjoyed feeling normal, not the fat woman. I can sit in a booth at a resturaunt now and am only 10 pounds from being "over weight" vs obese! I am loving life and know that it is because I achieved this by staying true to myself (my diet). You can do this and loosing weight is like freeing yourself from a very strange prison. You got this!

DanafromAustin
07-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Sounds like you had a great birthday! I think after we all reach goal, we should get Dana and sneuse and any other Austinites/SA/Dallasites out to the Prime Outlets in San Marcos for new wardrobes. How fun would that be!

You know I will be there for sure!!!

salmongirl
07-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Wow Dana, look at how beautiful you are! Amazing and the before and after pics are awesome! Well done!